By Jen Christensen, CNN
(CNN) - The baby boomer generation's efforts at creating social justice dramatically transformed history - from the Vietnam War to gay rights.
Even institutions that kept tradition at their very core - institutions such as the Roman Catholic Church - were radically changed by this generation.
Within the church, perhaps the biggest agents of this change were its nuns. A wave of new thought during the 1960s opened cloister doors.
While modernization of the church did leave fewer nuns in the pipeline to carry out work in the health care and education fields, the ones who stayed - this baby boomer generation of religious sisters - undertook a kind of grass-roots, social justice-oriented health care.
Read the full story
I totally agree that every new habit begins with mental shifts
Casa Bella Recovery Alcohol and Drug Treatment Center is an addiction center that offers modern and effective drug and alcohol recovery through cutting edge techniques. If you want to know more about it then please Follow the link casabellarecovery.com
If the knuckleheads who put the four stories together in that book had added the ones written by women we might not be in this mess. As for god well he can tell a good story but that's where it ends. Thanks for all the fish.
God in Quran says, (holy Islamic scripture)
“They even attribute to Him sons and daughters, without any knowledge. Be He glorified. He is the Most High, far above their claims.” Quran [6:100]
“The example of Jesus, as far as GOD is concerned, is the same as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, "Be," and he was.” Quran [3:59]
‘They said, "You have to be Jewish or Christian, to be guided." Say, "We follow the religion of Abraham – monotheism – he never was an idol worshiper." [2:135]
“Proclaim, He is the One and only GOD. The Absolute GOD. Never did He beget. Nor was He begotten. None equals Him." [112:1]
The Messiah, son of Mary is no more than a messenger like the messengers before him, and his mother was a saint. Both of them used to eat the food. Note how we explain the revelations for them, and note how they still deviate! [5:75]
It does not befit God that He begets a son, be He glorified. To have anything done, He simply says to it, "Be," and it is. [19:35]
“No soul can carry the sins of another soul. If a soul that is loaded with sins implores another to bear part of its load, no other soul can carry any part of it, even if they were related. ... [35:18]
O people, here is a parable that you must ponder carefully: the idols you set up beside God can never create a fly, even if they banded together to do so. Furthermore, if the fly steals anything from them, they cannot recover it; weak is the pursuer and the pursued. [22:73]
They do not value God as He should be valued. God is the Most Powerful, the Almighty.[22:74]
If you obey the majority of people on earth, they will divert you from the path of God. They follow only conjecture; they only guess. [Quran 6:116]
“There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in God has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. God is Hearer, Omniscient.” [2:256]
“God: there is no other god besides Him, the Living, the Eternal. Never a moment of unawareness or slumber overtakes Him. To Him belongs everything in the heavens and everything on earth. Who could intercede with Him, except in accordance with His will? He knows their past, and their future. No one attains any knowledge, except as He wills. His dominion encompasses the heavens and the earth, and ruling them never burdens Him. He is the Most High, the Great.” [2:255]
Thanks for taking time to read my post. Please take a moment to clear your misconception by going to whyIslam org website.
Why TF are you copying verbatim teh other guy's previous delusional rants ? Don't copy verbatim, think for yourself for a change. If you need help, call the 888-BLL-CHIT hotline
How do you get a nun pregnant?
Dress her up as an altar boy.
Two nuns are sitting in their little mini at the traffic lights when a drunk approaches them.
“What will I do?” says one nun to the other.
“Show him your cross” was the reply
So he other nun rolls down the window and shouts out “Fuck-off, you drunken bastard”
– random nun joke
Good one. Thanks SK.
"None! ......None!" – Eddie Murphy, comedian
I did not read the article, but can I bang some nuns? I am thinking "Nude Nuns with Big Guns?
Lol. The Flying Nun was not a very good show and now they want six of them at once.
I am baaaaacccck and I want attention.
Prayer changes things
It has not changed you. You are still a Christian.
I know I posted this yesterday, but I want the Christians to understand the absurdity of their religion.
Here is a snap shot of my life. Now, the Christians will respond that I should ask God into my heart and heal me. However, the obvious conclusion is God is a completely evil asshole. Why do you assume God is good? God's have traditionally always been evil and vindictive, Ours is certainly no different. You worship Satan idiots! I don't! I just bend over and say thank you sir may I have another.
Apple's Happy Life:
1. No Father to raise me and cultivate my talent. I could have been a lion.
2. Step Father committed Suicide.
3. My retarded stepfather was a bully and a pedophile and married his cousin in incest, and kept porn in the bathroom for my sister and I to find.
4. Attempted murder in living room. Cleaned the blood and chased off the perp.
5. My sister sexually molested by step dad.
6. I was tortured and bullied by step dad.
7. Bullied by Jay R. in high school. Cracked sternum that took two years to heal. Constant fear and attempted murder at the abandoned swimming pool.
8. Red necks attacked me with knives and tried to cut of my hair but I was able to escape.
9. Almost died from alcohol poisoning during the Charmaine year.
10. Sexually molested by Fred Newman. He molested many young boys and was celebrated. I reported it many times but no action was filed.
11. Forced to skinny dip with Fred Newman on outing to Missouri. This was a yearly event.
12. Bullied by Jr. High School football coach.
13. Raised by an alcoholic mother.
14. Turned into a drinking buddy by an alcoholic father.
15. Almost kidnapped but for my sister’s quick thinking. Standard creepy man in a dark van with candy.
16. Fear. Every time my step father came home he would bully and torture me (wacked on the back of the head for example, verbally abused, etc.)
17. Our bunnies had their feet gnawed off by feral dogs and bleed to death.
18. My wife committed adultery. Fucked another man. Never even seeked therapy. 23 years we were together. Every memory. Every vacation I lived for. Destroyed. The best years of my life shit on by my wife. She was what kept me sane. Then she destroyed me. You can have her.
19. My mother loves my wife more than me. She is dead to me. They both are.
20. I have been a chronic depressive for over 20 years. Art, Music, Design. That kept me sane.
21. Misidentified by the idiot Kauaii’police and had a hand gun pointed at my temple.
22. Inches from being decapitated by a high captain in Hawaii. The red marks did not go away for a week.
24. Crashed my care in a drunken stupor driving to a Ted Nugent concert and almost killed me and 3 friends.
25. My neighbors across the street were playing with a loaded gun and the one brother killed his brother by accident. He was taken to state hospital. We were all friends.
26. Where I grew up, kids were playing on the train tracks and a kid got severed in half. Horrifying.
P.S. The Republicans have taken stupid to a new level. Enjoy the cliff.
You have had a rough life thus far, Apple, and for that, you have my sympathy.
I sincerely hope that the goodness in life finds you; you have two beautiful daughters, and if I may be so impudent, the focus should not be what happened in the past, but what goodness will come in the future.
Hold them close, for you have much wisdom to impart on them.
Make sure they don't suffer as you have.
Hi Akira, thanks but don't worry about me. I am a fighter. A two fisted hard drinking Irishman with a 149 IQ. God can kiss my ass because I will always win. I just want the Christian dummies to know this ain’t no paradise. Wake up dumb shits and I will educate you or put you on that mat.
I just want to make sure you're okay...I don't like to see people hurting.
You're Irish, eh? Cool!
That makes you a Fighting Irish, lol...
Akira, yes I am Irish and a two fisted son of a gun. I don't take shit from anyone. And at the same time, I am a loving and giving person to those that deserve it. My marriage is in the toilet, but if you ever find yourself single, let me know. I will wine and dine you, (And I will come to chi town to do it, promise) Maybe we can share some art and poerty!
Have you ever been to Ireland, Apple? I just loved it when I visited. Maybe you deserve a trip like that.
mama, no not yet but soon. I can't wait. Hopefuly this summer and I want to take me da!.
"For any one of you lilly livered bow legged varmits care teh slap leather with me, in case any of ya get any idears, ya better know yer dealin with. I'm tha' hootiness, tootiness, shootiness bob tailed wild cat in the west. [fires his guns at the ground, levatating himself for a second] I'm tha' fastest gun north, south, east, andddd west o th' Pecos!" – Yosemite Sam™
" vigorous South African spiny shrub grown for its round yellow juicy edible fruits." – random internet result of search for "apple bush"
Apple, I'm happily married, and I don't see that changing, but thank you. I'm flattered.
How come about nuns are almost always good stories; stories about priests on the other hand .... well !!!
Hi fake prayer-bot.
Hi Abush: it is me, really it is me. Keep praying.
Read below to know why all priest are smart and evil whereas all Nuns are all dumb and good.
What's black white black white black etc...?
A nun rolling down a hill.
What's black white and laughing?
The priest who pushed her.
The CNN Belief Blog covers the faith angles of the day's biggest stories, from breaking news to politics to entertainment, fostering a global conversation about the role of religion and belief in readers' lives. It's edited by CNN's Daniel Burke with contributions from Eric Marrapodi and CNN's worldwide news gathering team.