home
RSS
Godless mom strikes a chord with parents
January 18th, 2013

Godless mom strikes a chord with parents

By Daphne Sashin, CNN

Then, she says, the recruiting started.

It starts:

Others said Mitchell presented a simplistic view of religion.

She ended her essay:

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Atheism • Belief • Christianity • iReport

soundoff (15,081 Responses)
  1. BigAl1957

CNN You S##K!!!

January 21, 2013 at 5:40 pm |
    • Religion is illogical...

Brilliant analysis...

January 21, 2013 at 5:42 pm |
    • SurelyUjest

I can see BigAl put as much thought in to responding to this "belief" section article as he does in to his own belief.

January 21, 2013 at 5:54 pm |
    • CNN

Right back at you, Al!

January 21, 2013 at 6:23 pm |
  2. Mayla

Bubba the Redneck hooks up with Becky the Bartender, promises her the moon and the stars and will take away all her pain, give her everything she's ever wanted, and make her the princess she ought to be.

"If you EVER disrespect me, I'll kill you! Understand?! You do WHAT I tell you WHEN I tell you to, you believe what I TELL you to believe, you dress how I TELL you to, eat what I TELL you to. The ONLY 'friends' you can have are the ones that I approve of!"

Becky the Princess is floored. What happened to this loving, caring man she married who promised her heaven?

"Ooooooh noooooooo, hold on there Princess! I TOLD you I LOVE YOU. That's WHY I beat you, that's WHY I tell you you're a failure. Don't disappoint me or else!"

Don't you just love a happy ending?

January 21, 2013 at 5:39 pm |
  3. Reality

And again for the new members of this blog and their kids:

The Apostles'/Agnostics’ Creed 2013: (updated by yours truly and based on the studies of historians and theologians of the past 200 years)

Should I believe in a god whose existence cannot be proven
    and said god if he/she/it exists resides in an unproven,
    human-created, spirit state of bliss called heaven??

I believe there was a 1st century CE, Jewish, simple,
    preacher-man who was conceived by a Jewish carpenter
    named Joseph living in Nazareth and born of a young Jewish
    girl named Mary. (Some say he was a mamzer.)

Jesus was summarily crucified for being a temple rabble-rouser by
    the Roman troops in Jerusalem serving under Pontius Pilate,

He was buried in an unmarked grave and still lies
    a-mouldering in the ground somewhere outside of
    Jerusalem.

Said Jesus' story was embellished and "mythicized" by
    many semi-fiction writers. A descent into Hell, a bodily resurrection
    and ascension stories were promulgated to compete with the
    Caesar myths. Said stories were so popular that they
    grew into a religion known today as Catholicism/Christianity
    and featuring dark-age, daily wine to blood and bread to body rituals
    called the eucharistic sacrifice of the non-atoning Jesus.

Amen
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

January 21, 2013 at 5:38 pm |
    • JustTheFacts

Matthew 12:26 – But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Reality, it seems you will have a lot to answer for on that day. I wouldn't want to be you...

January 21, 2013 at 5:53 pm |
    • JFCanton

The "where" and "why" of that story needs to be filled in. The last step doesn't seem like an easy sale when there's something perfectly functional called Judaism already established.

Now, perhaps its success could all be blamed on a small cult plus the chance event of Saul/Paul getting struck by lightning... but still you're dealing with a cosmic event there...

January 21, 2013 at 6:11 pm |
  4. Angelo

Yeah, free thinking irrationalists who make the either-or fallacy.
    Whether you love or hate someone depends on who you are dealing with.

January 21, 2013 at 5:37 pm |
  5. fred

mama k
    There is a difference between I don't know and I covering your ears and eyes. I am speaking of those who claim to be atheist that claim there is no God not atheists that are intellectually honest and admitt "I don't know"

January 21, 2013 at 5:37 pm |
    • Answer

You can start off with your quotes from the bible fred. It's all you ever will have.

So go ahead. Be that pathetic person that you are.

January 21, 2013 at 5:39 pm |
    • In Santa we trust

The same argument applies to the religious – they don't know and they mostly can't explain why their god and not any of the others. Science explains back to the big Bang , so the likelihood is that most religions are wrong.

January 21, 2013 at 5:41 pm |
    • Saraswati

@fred, I admit I don't know. Do you?

January 21, 2013 at 5:45 pm |
  6. SurelyUjest

As we learn more about the world both seen and unseen around us it becomes increasingly difficult to believe in a mythical being watching our daily lives, deciding to intervene through beautiful miracles and horrible disasters. An omni potent being who answers some prayers while other prayers go unanswered. An all knowing being that loves us with all of "his" heart yet condemns us to torture and abuse for eternity at birth. This all knowing being who lays out a simple plan before us all to test our faith and belief so we can join him in spirit in this glorious place after death even though HE already knows ALL and doesnt need the result of the test to have his answer to whom will end up with him and whom will not. The thing is "God is a concept by which we measure our pain" – J Lennon.

January 21, 2013 at 5:36 pm |
    • JustTheFacts

Which is precisely why John Lennon is in hell. And if you're too dumb to know that, then you're too dumb for me to waste my time explaining it to you...

January 21, 2013 at 5:59 pm |
  7. Fuddy Duddy

Religion is like a penis. It's okay if you have one, and you can even be proud of it, but don't whip it out in public or shove it down other people's throats.

January 21, 2013 at 5:36 pm |
    • Chase

lmao thats great

January 21, 2013 at 5:54 pm |
  8. Angelo

When all else fails, why not?

January 21, 2013 at 5:36 pm |
  9. YeahItsMe72

There's no question when you find out someone is really religious, their intellect and stature suffers a bit. They can still be good people, but knowing that they've been brainwashed and brainwash their children definitely drops them down a few pegs.

January 21, 2013 at 5:35 pm |
    • JusttheFacts

Which is precisely why all you "intelligent" people are going to hell. God doesn't need your intellect in heaven...

January 21, 2013 at 6:02 pm |
    • J

bwahahaha, so I guess heaven is gonna be all Nascar and Jessica Simpson, huh?

January 21, 2013 at 6:10 pm |
  10. Bob

Poor kids.

January 21, 2013 at 5:35 pm |
    • sam

Yeah, exactly – they'll have to deal with a lifetime of smug douches coming up and trying to tell them about the 'Lord'.

January 21, 2013 at 5:37 pm |
  11. To Deborah Mitchell

Deborah Mitchell – I do hope you read this post. First a question: If you don't believe in God, how do you think man was created? Do you honestly believe you evolved from a monkey? God gave every one of us free will to do whatever we want to do. Of course His desire is that you choose Him and his path for your life ... but that's just it ... it is a CHOICE. People say this world is God-less because of horrendous crimes that are commited, but they are committed by people who made a choice to take their own path. If this world is God-less, it is only because people have chosen to remove God from it. God is real. You are free to believe whatever you want and choose whatever path you want to take, but that will never make God any less real.

January 21, 2013 at 5:34 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Deborah Michael isn't the one who needs to get an education here. YOU are.

There is no evidence that anything was "created." Nobody asserts that humans evolved from monkeys.

If you want to educate someone, get some knowledge first.

January 21, 2013 at 5:37 pm |
    • sam

10k + idiot comments...yeah, she'll read every one!

January 21, 2013 at 5:37 pm |
    • Religion is illogical...

"Do you honestly believe you evolved from a monkey? "

January 21, 2013 at 5:39 pm |
    • FreeFromTheism

"how do you think man was created?" that's a loaded question. You're assuming already that humans were "created"... and, yes, evolution is much more plausible than your god of contradictions
      Everything else in your post is as equally bad...
      you're biased and you think you have the answers, and that's understandable
      do some more research and call into question your beliefs, that's what makes you a wiser person

January 21, 2013 at 5:40 pm |
    • JT

Check out the fossil records. Do you really think this planet is only a few thousand years old per the Bible?

January 21, 2013 at 5:41 pm |
    • Tom Tom the all-knowing

Tom Tom – if God did not create man and man did not evolve from monkeys, how did we get here? Do enlighten us .....

January 21, 2013 at 5:42 pm |
    • FreeFromTheism

@Tom Tom the all-knowing
      hahahaha
      you fell for it.. and that just goes to show how much you understand of human evolution... nothing

January 21, 2013 at 5:44 pm |
    • J

Let me ask you a question. Do you believe god created dachsunds? Genetic selection and evolution work hand in hand, and every domesticated animal you see today is proof that evolution works.

January 21, 2013 at 5:44 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Why do you think there IS an answer, dumbfvck? NOBODY knows. Fundies like you pretend to know, but you don't. You believe what you read in the Bible. I don't pretend to know. I can live with uncertainty about the beginnings of the universe. Just because I don't know how something came to be is no indication that a god musta dun nit, dink.

January 21, 2013 at 5:45 pm |
    • Answer

@Tom Tom the all-knowing

Just look at the way a religious person tries so hard to label an atheist. Put the onus of ALL knowledge upon a single individual and then let it go. So hilarious.

Anybody can set up another person as having "all the knowledge". Just look at the religious tools that have all the right bible passages that answers every question. Hilarious.

January 21, 2013 at 5:46 pm |
    • Saraswati

Just a note – 99% of all Christians I know believe they evolved from monkeys. I know that's not the national rate, but definitely in the area and circles I live in.

January 21, 2013 at 5:48 pm |
    • Chase

The same question to you Deborah. If god is real, who created god? It is just as valid of a point as saying something as stupid as who created man. Also, the theory of evolution does not say that we evolved from monkeys. Seeing that you obviously know nothing about evolution you shouldn't speak of it.

January 21, 2013 at 5:48 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

It really makes me wonder about the ability of some of you to comprehend what you read. I have never said that I know how the universe began. Nobody does. The difference between fundies and me is that they pretend they do know.

January 21, 2013 at 5:49 pm |
    • In Santa we trust

FakeTomTom. Evolution is the answer to your question. Where did your god come from? See, having a god just pushes the question back one level, and if you feel that a god can just exist, why can't a universe?

January 21, 2013 at 5:50 pm |
    • Saraswati

@Religion is illogical...

"Science has proven with 100% certainty that human evolved from primates... If you deny this, it just shows that you're using confirmation bias in your reasoning... Maybe it's finally time for you to grow up and become an adult??"

Science has provided bountiful evidence we evolved from lower/different primates. Science does not provide proofs.

We are, by the way, still primates.

January 21, 2013 at 5:51 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I really do think poster like "to Deborah Mitchell" are CNN plants. They don't respond to any challenges, they just disappear.

January 21, 2013 at 6:05 pm |
    • Hello?

JT – apparently you have never read the Bible and have no knowledge/understanding of it .. that is not at all what it says.

January 22, 2013 at 7:12 am |
  12. Angelo

The existence of matter proves that matter was created. There. I proved it.

January 21, 2013 at 5:33 pm |
    • sam

Oh my gosh Angelo look at you making a point! Wow!

January 21, 2013 at 5:38 pm |
    • PJ

there is no matter only form. your logic is flawed.

January 21, 2013 at 5:50 pm |
  13. BigAl1957

This tread has become mute , People will believe what they want , Atheists are sad people living life like a TV set , But they really Do believe in Something , They just dont want to admit it,

January 21, 2013 at 5:33 pm |
    • Religion is illogical...

"Atheists are sad people living life like a TV set , But they really Do believe in Something , They just dont want to admit it,"

So enlighten us... What do we believe in that we don't want to admit??

January 21, 2013 at 5:36 pm |
    • J

He can't enlighten us. This tread is mute.

January 21, 2013 at 5:48 pm |
    • JustTheFacts

Yes, they believe in themselves. And they'll have to answer for that someday. I just hope they have a plan for getting out of the lake...

January 21, 2013 at 5:49 pm |
    • I wonder

BigAl,

Gee, you'd think that someone your age would have learned the difference between "tread" and "thread" and "mute" and "moot"!

January 21, 2013 at 5:56 pm |
  14. SurelyUjest

Intelligent design as a theory would have to include Alien seeding of our DNA as part of the design all around. Since the proof that the God of the Bible is just as real as "ancient astronauts" visting primates on earth for selective breedingI experiements. If you accept that your GOD could be an Alien with Green Skin and no eye's and a possible tail, I am willing to accept that atheists are blind and confused.

January 21, 2013 at 5:23 pm |
    • ams

I disagree. In a given year, more people claim to see aliens and UFOs than met god during the existence of mankind. There is more support for the existence of aliens.

January 21, 2013 at 5:32 pm |
    • JustTheFacts

I think we'll just accept you have no clue what you are talking about...

January 21, 2013 at 5:35 pm |
    • Hybridhor

I am Catholic and I too and am open to this possible reality. It surely would explain a lot. The evidence is overwealming isn't it?

January 21, 2013 at 5:37 pm |
    • JustTheFacts

ams… You have no clue what you are talking about. No alien ever sent their son to earth. But God did...

January 21, 2013 at 5:57 pm |
  15. Angelo

I can understand why God would want to send such insolent toads to hell. I can't blame him.

January 21, 2013 at 5:19 pm |
    • FreeFromTheism

well, assuming that what you say is true, what distinguishes your all loving god from a vengeful, evil god?

January 21, 2013 at 5:24 pm |
    • Religion is illogical...

Wow, really?? Is he as harsh on frogs as he is on toads??

January 21, 2013 at 5:27 pm |
    • sam

Poor toads...they're only as god made them.

January 21, 2013 at 5:27 pm |
    • edyoucate

I know, right? Quit with the loving everybody and pray for your brother crap and let's get some damnation going.

January 21, 2013 at 5:28 pm |
    • PJ

nice example of how u really think

January 21, 2013 at 5:29 pm |
  16. Ibrahim

Allah is Dead, Buddah is long gone dead and every other person who started a "religion" are long gone dead. BUT Jesus raise up from the Dead. To those of you who do not believe in God all I can say is that God loves you, if u try to understand him from your currnet state is like an ANT trying to understand the Internet. Glad that the Bible teaches that simple people will understand this but to the prutent God hides it.

There is a God, stop applying for his position !!!

January 21, 2013 at 5:11 pm |
    • Answer

Time will claim your too.

So sad that you'll never be able to save it.

January 21, 2013 at 5:12 pm |
    • In Santa we trust

Funny, spiders understand the web.

January 21, 2013 at 5:15 pm |
    • TANK!!!!

"Glad that the Bible teaches that simple people will understand this but to the prutent God hides it."

Masterstroke from Jeebus right there. Way to ensure your cult remains to haunt humanity for millenia by telling your followers to ignore reason. I'd applaud if I wasn't flipping jeebus the bird right now.

January 21, 2013 at 5:15 pm |
    • FreeFromTheism

"BUT Jesus raise up from the Dead"
      prove it and prove that your god was the cause

January 21, 2013 at 5:17 pm |
    • NatL

Ibrahim
      Zombies and vampires rise up from the dead. Is Jesus really like that?

January 21, 2013 at 5:24 pm |
    • Kebo72

Seriously? Allah = God. Jesus like Mohammed and others was a prophet. I don't believe in god but at least know something about religious belief. Get a clue.

January 21, 2013 at 5:29 pm |
    • J

Are you aware that you said God is dead in your post? Probably not.

January 21, 2013 at 5:31 pm |
    • Richard

As part of my degree I studied various religions at the undergrad level. It is something I really enjoy and find interesting. I just get a little frustrated when I see English speaking American Christians use derogatory words for the word "AL LAH", which simply means GOD in the Arabic language or "The GOD" and is used by Arabic speaking Christians.

If you don't believe me just pick up a bible written in Arabic, or ask any Christian from Lebonan or Palestine, or go to a church in Damascus or Amman or Palestine. There are other ways to say GOD, besides using the germanic origin term "GOD". The word "Al LAH" is a near eastern term for GOD, used most likely by Jesus himself, since the Aramaic word for GOD is "AL LAhA" .

Since Islam originated in Arabia, and has its religious texts in Arabic, the word "AlLAH is used by all Muslims for GOD regardless if they are Arab, African, Asian, Bosnian etc..

Again look it up or just ask if you don't believe me, there are lots of Arabic speaking Christians all over the Middle East and right here in America.

January 21, 2013 at 5:33 pm |
    • JFCanton

The problem with saying "prove it" is that you're comparing an impossibly distant event with what is verifiable in the present. No one is arguing that Jesus' resurrection can be duplicated... not on earth or in this dimension or however you want to put it. No one is expecting it to be provable. All that we have to go on for evidence is what his followers' followers and other historical contemporaries recorded about what his followers did. And they clearly believed something way out of the ordinary.

It would be more logical to pursue the angle that whatever happened to Jesus' body was a singularity with no divine nature.

January 21, 2013 at 5:41 pm |
  17. End Religion

Proof Every Christian Goes to Hell by End Religion
    1) The only irredeemable sin against your Lord thy God is denying him, the Holy Spirit
    2) To deny is to refuse to admit truth of or to refuse to give that which is requested
    3) Any sin is to deny god of his commandments
    4) Therefore, even one sin results in a soul that cannot be forgiven. Sin once, and you're going to hell whether you repent or not. Since Christians are "born into sin" they're automagically damned to hell and cannot be forgiven.

January 21, 2013 at 5:10 pm |
    • austin

for the life of the flesh is in the blood and I have given it upon the altar to atone for your sould. Lev 17:11
      Christ , the lamb of God, atones for your soul. He has provided forgiveness for sin. Have Faith in the name and blood of Jesus.

January 21, 2013 at 5:15 pm |
    • FreeFromTheism

@austin
      why does it not surprise me that your god required blood sacrifice?
      silly person

January 21, 2013 at 5:19 pm |
    • Guester

I'm not a 'believer' but even so I have to say your post makes no sense. To 'sin' is to disobey it isn't to disbelieve or deny.

January 21, 2013 at 5:20 pm |
    • JustThe Facts

Your logic is flawed and so are you. If you're too dumb to know that, then you're too dumb for me to waste my time explaining it...

January 21, 2013 at 5:22 pm |
    • Dictionary

I'm glad Jesus Christ paid the price of my sins – both past and future.

Now I can live my life in response to that gift.

January 21, 2013 at 5:22 pm |
    • JFCanton

God didn't require blood sacrifice-man did. One can refer to Genesis (Abraham and Issac) for God's view on blood sacrifice.

January 21, 2013 at 5:25 pm |
    • FreeFromTheism

@Dictionary,
      your god set you up and somehow you thank it?
      it's folly

January 21, 2013 at 5:26 pm |
    • NatL

End Religion
      Actually, born agains believe that they get a "Get Out Of Hell Free" card once they mumble something about Jesus being their savior and sign up to give their donations at an appropriate church. They do think that all other Christians are going to Hell, though.

January 21, 2013 at 5:28 pm |
    • JustTheFacts

Dictionary... It doesn't work that way. So whoever told you that, lied to you...

January 21, 2013 at 5:32 pm |
    • FreeFromTheism

"God didn't require blood sacrifice-man did." ok, how so? By saying "hey, if we murder this demigod, our god will love us again"?

Yes, let us think of the story of abraham and isaac, where god asks abraham to prove his loyalty...
      if anything, that proves how dangerous religious nuts are

January 21, 2013 at 5:32 pm |
    • Dictionary

> FreeFromTheism

He is worth it.

January 21, 2013 at 5:33 pm |
    • graceofgod

ALL men are saved by the Grace of God, not by the laws of man, even you Whom Denies God, God loves you just as much as he loves anyone, no more no less. And if you believe in the Big Bang Theory, just remember, some thing supernatural happen to start the big bang, and even Science the closer it tries to dispute God the less Science can explain. Please read JP Moreland, and every thing that Athiest ask and stat to be untrue about God, he has proof that God is real.

God Bless you

January 21, 2013 at 5:34 pm |
    • Answer

"he has proof that God is real."

But it will be hell to get the idiot to show it.

January 21, 2013 at 5:37 pm |
    • End Religion

I've updated this will all recent refutations included:

Proof Every Christian Goes to Hell by End Religion
      3) Any sin is to deny god of his commandments

January 21, 2013 at 5:39 pm |
    • Dictionary

I put my trust in God. He has not failed me.

January 21, 2013 at 5:40 pm |
    • Dictionary

End Religion

Grace, peace and mercy are kind of a big thing to God. He forgives.

January 21, 2013 at 5:42 pm |
    • Answer

Dictionary

I put my trust in God. He has not failed me.

===It's hard for something that doesn't exist to fail you in the first place. So ya you're correct.

January 21, 2013 at 5:42 pm |
    • Dictionary

God is real. He exists.

January 21, 2013 at 5:43 pm |
    • Answer

Dictionary

God is real. He exists.

==Spoken like the idiot that makes a claim but is unable to provide the basis for such a claim. Idiot.

January 21, 2013 at 5:48 pm |
    • Dictionary

> Answer

Nobody has asked me to prove it.

I'm not an idiot. I'm a professional artist that requires high mental capacity skills. What can you do that demonstrates you are not an idiot?

January 21, 2013 at 5:52 pm |
    • End Religion

Dictionary, you don't seem very religious to me. Most Christians have heard that denying the holy spirit is the only unpardonable sin. Your rules, your sin, your hell.

January 21, 2013 at 5:53 pm |
    • Dictionary

I am a devout follower of Jesus Christ.

Jesus talked about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. But not sin.

There were people that said Jesus performed his miracles by the power of evil. Jesus said that was blasphemy.

We are all safe.

Only someone who has totally closed themselves off from God’s love and marvelous offer of grace could be so calloused as to continually and unrepentantly call God and His glorious works “evil”.

You are still able to receive God's grace and mercy.

He still loves you.

January 21, 2013 at 6:00 pm |
    • Dictionary

And that is the good news that Jesus preached.

God loves you.

And he is greater and better than even the best and worst of those who profess to know and love him.

January 21, 2013 at 6:02 pm |
    • End Religion

Matt 12:31 "...the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men"
      This, and 32 are the root of the one unpardonable sin. Blasphemy is "the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for a religious deity"

One shows contempt for your god when one sins. Any sin equals a life in hell for all eternity and may, by your own rules, never be forgiven. I'm sorry. I hope you packed your flame retardant swim trunks. You have an eternity in god's concentration camp to look forward to.

January 21, 2013 at 6:23 pm |
    • Dictionary

Jesus demonstrated how God forgives. You have to be pretty evil to lose God's forgiveness.

Forgiveness is a big deal to God.

And you don't seem to have a good understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I'm going to trust what I've read and learned over what you claim.

I know I sin. I'm not perfect. God said I will sin. And he said that is "ok". He will love me anyway.

I'm getting better. It is progress, not perfection. I will never be perfect. That is what it means to be a human being.

January 21, 2013 at 6:31 pm |
    • Dictionary

Matt 12:31

Put it in context. He was speaking about the people that claimed his life giving miracles as "works of evil'.

That verse was probably not meant to stand on its own as an absolute truth. You have to read the verses before and after to truly have a better understanding of what Jesus Christ is saying.

January 21, 2013 at 6:34 pm |
    • Non believers .....

Apparently non believers do not understand the difference in "religion" and "christian". There are thousands of religions. God never asked you to be a "religion". He simply asked that you believe in Him. Most of the non-believer posts (with a few exceptions) are filled with anger and bitterness, and try to cover their ignornace with cynicism. It's a choice. Believe or not. But don't ridicule something just because you can't comprehend it.

January 22, 2013 at 8:18 am |
  18. austin

When satan fell, he took a third of the Angels. they were given permission to influence cultures. from the beginning they tried to corrupt our blood in an attempt to derail the messiah,. this was a huge reason for the flood. they also inpostered with religions from the beginning. if you read the book of John (gospel), christ was the word in the beginning and created the world and everything in it. the devil and his force, KNEW what their goal was from the beginning. you all talk about abrahamic religions being borrowed myths. well this is the reason why you have bought in to the devils education. because you are still of your father the devil.

January 21, 2013 at 5:09 pm |
    • Answer

Ya go and read up on how the devil has changed throughout the christian mythology. It's a great read.

You tools see this delusional figure and want it. It looks good on ya to be so pathetic.

January 21, 2013 at 5:11 pm |
    • End Religion

the bible is a known fraud. Do you have some other explanation?

January 21, 2013 at 5:13 pm |
    • sam

God made the angels, and the devil, and us...

The dude obviously has a terrible track record with his creations. They all keep rebelling. Can't imagine why.

January 21, 2013 at 5:14 pm |
    • Carl

bs

January 21, 2013 at 5:15 pm |
    • Justinian

You're making all that up, right? Because I'm pretty sure it's not in the Bible anywhere.

January 21, 2013 at 5:18 pm |
    • austin

Jehovah Shammah The Lord is There

January 21, 2013 at 5:19 pm |
    • austin

none of that is made up bro. its all biblical....Gen ch 6 The angels fell and cohabited . the angels were kicked out of heaven and given dominion on earth. wasnt long after that the flood was needed because the earth was so corrupt. "and the thoughts of men were only evil continually"

January 21, 2013 at 5:25 pm |
    • JustTheFacts

Sam... God does not force anyone to rebel. You do that of your own free will. However, that won't be a problem after Judgment Day. Because all who have rebelled will be in the lake...

January 21, 2013 at 5:28 pm |
    • Justinian

Just as I thought–your take a couple of pieces of the story and fill in the blanks yourself. Sounds like a bad idea, god probably won't like it.

January 21, 2013 at 5:28 pm |
    • sam

Then god was all like, "Screw this ok drown everything and start over lol."

January 21, 2013 at 5:29 pm |
    • Mayla

none of that is made up bro. its all biblical.

I saw a video of a UFO on youtube, changed my life!!!

January 21, 2013 at 5:29 pm |
    • sam

@JustTheFacts – THE LAKE? Really? Again, no wonder ALL the guy's creations have 'rebelled'. He is a grade-A troll jackass.

January 21, 2013 at 5:40 pm |
  19. Science

At its best here!

What are the results? 106 pages.

Facts ?
    or
    God(s)

January 21, 2013 at 5:07 pm |
  20. Roselyn

There is a way that seems right to a man but its end is the way of death. Prov 14 vs 12. Enough said! d

January 21, 2013 at 5:06 pm |
    • Mayla

We ALL die.

January 21, 2013 at 5:07 pm |
    • Science

Human daeth – deplited carbon OK end.

January 21, 2013 at 5:09 pm |
    • Answer

The quotes about death.. how we fear it so.

January 21, 2013 at 5:09 pm |
    • Science

dame thumb death

January 21, 2013 at 5:10 pm |
    • TANK!!!!

That means the babble is wrong too, because it was written by men. Very ignorant, murd-erous, misogynistic ones, too.

January 21, 2013 at 5:12 pm |
    • fletcherabbott

I wrote about the original post on my blog, but I want to say that as a believer comments like this really do not help the situation. I'm not sure how you hope to reach anyone this this kind of statement.

January 21, 2013 at 5:21 pm |
    • PJ

just another scare tactic and way to control people and free thinking. did this to Copernicus and a rash of other free thinkers.

January 21, 2013 at 5:22 pm |
    • JustTheFacts

PJ... Did your parents teach you that?... If they did, they lied to you...

January 21, 2013 at 5:29 pm |
    • OTOH

Roselyn
      "There is a way that seems right to a man but its end is the way of death. Prov 14 vs 12. Enough said!"

But your way "seems right" to you, eh?

It's turtles all the way down...

January 21, 2013 at 5:35 pm |
    • sam

These are always my favorite posts. A bible quote followed by "ENOUGH SAID."

Hickory dickory dock. The mouse ran up the clock. ENOUGH SAID.

January 21, 2013 at 5:41 pm |