home
RSS
Recounting the nightmares of the Holocaust
January 28th, 2013

Recounting the nightmares of the Holocaust

By Lauren Russell, CNN

Photographer Maciek Nabrdalik was visiting a Holocaust memorial and museum in Poland when he noticed an obituary posted for one of the survivors. The next day there was another one.

“At that moment I realized that we are the last generation who can approach them to talk and ask questions,” he said.

Since then, he has sat down with more than 40 former camp prisoners to help tell their stories for his ongoing project, “The Irreversible.”

FULL STORY
- A. Hawkins

Filed under: Holocaust

1. Agnostic theist

My entire imediate family is dying right now between cancer and old age. And I hate it. And just when I feel sorry for myself I hear a story by a holocaust survivor, a war hero, or a survivor of human slavery and I realize I have nothing to complain about.

February 1, 2013 at 8:32 pm |
  2. truth be told

All atheists are liars.

January 29, 2013 at 3:21 pm |
    • hal 9001

I'm sorry, "truth be told", but your repeated assertions regarding atheism are unfounded. Using my Idiomatic Expression Equivalency module (IEE), the expression that best matches the degree to which your repeated unfounded assertions may represent truths is: "EPIC FAIL". Perhaps the following book can help you cope with the problem of repeating unfounded assertions:

I'm Told I Have Dementia: What You Can Do... Who You Can Turn to...

January 29, 2013 at 3:23 pm |
    • truth be told

The moron can't help itself from adding proof to my statement.

January 29, 2013 at 3:25 pm |
    • End Religion

January 29, 2013 at 8:00 pm |
    • There are no Christians

Got that? There's just Dicks, Pussies, and Assholes.

January 29, 2013 at 8:15 pm |
  3. ISLAM FOUNDATION OF AMERICAN CONSTI TUTION

EEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAA, WE MUSLIMS JUST SENT A MONKEY INTO SPACE. NOW WE CAN BEAT AMERICA. EUROPE, ISRAEL

January 28, 2013 at 10:25 pm |
    • just wondering

Or catch aids by abusing the monkey.

January 29, 2013 at 8:09 am |
    • == o ==

The only kind of "trickle-down" that actually works:

"Douglas" degenerates to:
      "pervert alert" degenerates to:
      "Taskmaster" degenerates to:
      "Ronald Regonzo" degenerates to:
      "truth be told" degenerates to:
      "Atheism is not healthy ..." degenerates to:
      "tina" degenerates to:
      "captain america" degenerates to:
      "just sayin" degenerates to:
      "just wondering" degenerates to:
      "nope" degenerates to:
      "WOW" degenerates to:
      "!" degenerates to:
      and many other names, but of course it's the
      disgruntled ex Evangelical Fortune Cookie Co. "writer".

January 29, 2013 at 8:12 am |