home
RSS
Transgender teacher sues Catholic prep school for alleged discrimination
Cristina Guarino had a photo taken with Mark Krolikowski on her last day in 2008. Later, he grew his hair to shoulder-length.
January 29th, 2013

Transgender teacher sues Catholic prep school for alleged discrimination

By Moni Basu, CNN

(CNN) – Mark Krolikowski has shoulder-length brown hair. He likes to wear multiple earrings and French manicure his nails. Students call him Mr. K.

Krolikowski, 59, taught for 32 years at St. Francis Preparatory School, a 150-year-old Catholic institution in Queens, New York.

Until August. That's when the school laid him off.

He alleges that he was discriminated against because he is transgender and that the school's attitude toward him changed in the eight months after he came out.

He says the school never questioned his abilities, loyalty or dedication to the Catholic faith. But that changed, according to him, in October 2011, when he was summoned to the principal's office to meet with Conway and Assistant Principal Patrick McLaughlin.

FULL STORY
- A. Hawkins

Filed under: Catholic Church • Discrimination

1. Rational Libertarian

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTifRi3qDkU&w=640&h=390]

January 30, 2013 at 10:36 pm |
  2. End Religion

WARNING!
    The previous threads are comedy gold! Do not attempt to eat pizza or drink soda while reading. You may snort said products through your nose accidentally.

January 30, 2013 at 9:53 pm |
    • End Religion

snort=shoot

January 30, 2013 at 9:56 pm |
    • midwest rail

January 30, 2013 at 9:57 pm |
    • Jen

Ha ha. It's all so very sophisticated.

I would comment but I'm just not in the mood to be called a cvnt tonight.

January 30, 2013 at 9:58 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I've certainly been amused by Irrational's posts. "I hate you all, you suck, you're a cvnt, but I have no one else to talk to."

January 30, 2013 at 9:59 pm |
    • Akira

That's okay, Jen. Tom Tom and I have that area covered already.

January 30, 2013 at 10:02 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Nobody else to talk to? That's rich from somebody who evidently has a Norman Bates lifestyle.

January 30, 2013 at 10:03 pm |
    • End Religion

I once made a girlfriend blow chunks of pizza and coke through her nose. We were at a fairgrounds and I made her laugh while she was eating. It was one of the most shocking things I've seen. I just didn't realize it could even happen.

January 30, 2013 at 10:04 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Hey, I'm not complaining about every poster here. You are. If everyone here's such a fvcktard, then why do you continue to post? You must be very lonely.

January 30, 2013 at 10:04 pm |
    • Akira

You're gonna talk about lifestyles when you get your conversation openers from Tony fucking Soprano??

January 30, 2013 at 10:05 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Akira, RL thinks it makes him seem like a cool tough guy. Good thing no one can see him.

January 30, 2013 at 10:07 pm |
    • End Religion

Sorry to interrupt. Didn't realize you all needed a 4th thread to argue in... I'll shut up now so you all can get back to it. Poor transgender dude finally got his story onto CNN and all his comments are "cunt, little dick, cunt"

January 30, 2013 at 10:07 pm |
    • Akira

End Religion: that must have hurt...I can't even imagine that. Ouch.

January 30, 2013 at 10:08 pm |
    • Answer

"Nobody else to talk to?"

==Correct assessment. If one were to engage in a logical discourse – one would have valid points. Succinct points with references to back up their argument. RL you have none.

You're just a blowhard whose wrong. Doesn't care to acknowledge in being wrong. Ahh fond memories of my dad in every respect. Totally ignorant.. but I love the arguments.

In my dad's life I've never touched his egoist pride, but over the internet it's a feeding frenzy. LOL

January 30, 2013 at 10:09 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

You all want to keep the pork, just like the Republicans.

January 30, 2013 at 10:11 pm |
    • Answer

RL donates every scrap of possession including the food and clothing to anybody he sees. That's why he has his internet and still has his home.

January 30, 2013 at 10:14 pm |
    • Billy

"My friend Tommy passed an entire cheese sandwich thru his nose in the lunchroom at Our Lady of Perpetual Motion. Sister Bertrille declared it a miracle."

That's a lie! No one ever quotes anyone completely. She said there was miracle whip everywhere.

January 30, 2013 at 10:24 pm |
  3. Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

RL must believe the worst epithet he can hurl at someone is "cvnt." It reminds of that South Park episode where the word "fvck" was screamed so often that it lost all its power.

January 30, 2013 at 9:40 pm |

That was sh!t, fvcknut.

January 30, 2013 at 9:44 pm |
    • Answer

Look at the fall of one man's internet ego. Bruised, battered and shaken asunder.

January 30, 2013 at 9:50 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Oh, please, Needledick the Bugfvcker, you're just not that impressive.

January 30, 2013 at 9:52 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

How could my ego possibly be shattered by a bunch of liberal pr!cks? Would Milton Friedman's ego have been shattered by all the left-wing pr!cks who were whipped into a frenzy by his brilliant ideals? No, he'd realize that left-wingers are crazy.

January 30, 2013 at 9:54 pm |

@RL

Scream louder so that you can hear yourself. XD

January 30, 2013 at 9:56 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You aren't Milton Friedman. More like Alfred E. Newman.

January 30, 2013 at 9:57 pm |
    • Akira

I see he does have the vapors, the hysterical old hag.

January 30, 2013 at 9:58 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Where's the fainting couch and the bidet? The poor thing needs some smelling salts.

January 30, 2013 at 10:00 pm |

Exactly.

What, me worry?

January 30, 2013 at 10:00 pm |
    • Answer

The benefits of subscribing to Alfred E Neuman.. none.

"I'm an idiot so what does it matter." Fits you like a glove RL.

January 30, 2013 at 10:03 pm |
  4. PerfectTruth

It's easy to see that most of the replies here are from those who have lost their moral compass. This entire article will burn in Hell!

January 30, 2013 at 7:10 pm |
    • midwest rail

Lose a moral compass, gain a phone with fat fingers.

January 30, 2013 at 7:12 pm |
    • sam

Phones with fat fingers are absolutely the newest craze.

January 30, 2013 at 7:27 pm |
    • Akira

Yes...a phone with fat fingers can certainly scratch an itch.

January 30, 2013 at 7:30 pm |
    • hal 9001

I'm sorry, "PerfectTruth", but "Hell" is an element of mythology, therefore nothing can "burn" in it. In addition, "PerfectTruth", only instances of the article that are printed can be burned by those who print the article if they so choose. Using my Idiomatic Expression Equivalency module (IEE), the expression that best matches the degree to which your unfounded assertions may represent truths is: "EPIC FAIL".

January 30, 2013 at 7:56 pm |
  5. Answer

@Rational Libertarian

"It's called the United States Const!tution buddy. Liberals and conservatives alike claim to be representing America, yet one glance at the Const!tution says otherwise."

==So you're a typical blowhard. Okay.

You want to wrap yourself up in the protection of the words in that const!tution and at the same time deny it for others. Great position. "Me first.. and fvck everyone else."

January 30, 2013 at 6:14 pm |
    • sam

He's not emotionally mature enough to realize how pathetic he is. Or, he's a terrific Poe.

January 30, 2013 at 6:15 pm |

@sam

Yep immature people love to claim themselves as American. But it's only in name. Frankly I'm Canadian and I just want to know why Americans are so stuck up in their patriotism that they clearly don't even understand it.

January 30, 2013 at 6:19 pm |

@ CAnswer

It is that same for the religious, the vast majority have very little grasp of what they claim to believe in, or what other religions believe in.

January 30, 2013 at 6:28 pm |
    • sam

When it gets this bad and self-serving, it's usually some ingrained kneejerk reaction. It's more a character flaw than an actual reflection of an entire country or even community.

Or, it's someone being obnoxious for the sake of being obnoxious.

January 30, 2013 at 6:32 pm |

@niknak

I agree with you on that.

January 30, 2013 at 6:33 pm |

D.ouchebaggery exemplified.

January 30, 2013 at 6:35 pm |

@RL

Well thank you. You know one when you see one right? Do tell.

January 30, 2013 at 6:38 pm |
    • sam

RatLib, you cock-knocking knucklefuck, you are a giant flaming parody.

January 30, 2013 at 6:43 pm |
    • Akira

Sam, "you cock-knocking knucklefuck"??
      Consider this stolen, thanks!

January 30, 2013 at 6:53 pm |
    • sam

@Akira – I was holding on to that one for a special occasion. Today is that day.

January 30, 2013 at 7:12 pm |
    • Akira

@sam: yes, it is a gem! If I use it here on the BB, I will attribute it to you. I give credit where credit is due.

January 30, 2013 at 7:33 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

What a nice little cozy, liberal, d.ouchebag love-in.

January 30, 2013 at 8:02 pm |
    • Akira

Aw. Somebody needs to inflate their date for a hug.

January 30, 2013 at 8:30 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Awww, looks like somebody's a liberal d.ouchebag whose political correctness has caused them to take offense at the slightest provocation.

January 30, 2013 at 8:38 pm |
    • Akira

I made a comment that I felt you didn't respect women.
      You have confirmed it.
      If you think calling me a liberal, OR a cunt offends me, you're wrong.
      You're just pi
      ssed off because people called you out on your abject stupidity.
      Fuck off, princess.
      You're a card-carrying asshole, and you're proving it over and over.
      You are the epitomy of a Massengill.

January 30, 2013 at 8:46 pm |
    • Akira

Obviously I don't suffer from political correctness; I call you a cunt, don't I? If I were PC, I'd call you Mr. Cunt.

January 30, 2013 at 8:52 pm |

Akira

"Trust me when I say this, troll: RL isn't an idiot, and does not present that way."
      Your very words two days ago.

Also, why would I be p!ssed because a bunch of liberal d.ouchebags are acting like a bunch of liberal d.ouchebags. It's to be expected. You and your liberal ilk have been programmed to be automatons to Ze Fuhrer's will.

January 30, 2013 at 8:53 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

RL, you're just plain obnoxious. Akira's right about you.

January 30, 2013 at 8:57 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

I pity your husband Tom, you must have him whipped into submission. I bet you're wearing a strap-on right now pounding him, am I correct? In my mind, you're married to PZ Myers. I couldn't think of anybody more compatible.

January 30, 2013 at 9:06 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You remind of the little kid on the playground whining because somebody wouldn't let him in the game, RL. You're just throwing a tantrum, again, because people don't agree with your ridiculously narrow world view.

You're a crybaby.

January 30, 2013 at 9:12 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

What playground game? Liberals acting like a bunch of ass-holes? You can keep that game. I'll stick to playing the game of somebody who cares about individual rights and who doesn't care about the totalitarian liberal views on language which offends Ze Fuhrer.

You truly are an odious cvnt Tom.

January 30, 2013 at 9:18 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

It's always sad when someone truly doesn't see how absolutely ludicrous he appears.

January 30, 2013 at 9:20 pm |
    • Akira

“Trust me when I say this, troll: RL isn’t an idiot, and does not present that way.”
      Your very words two days ago."
      True. You present yourself as a bigoted dickhead, not a troll.
      And truly, I don't care what you think my politics lie; but you are living, breathing proof that the Libertarian Party will never be a force in this country.
      Go pound sand, you asshole, after you get done pounding your inflate a date.

January 30, 2013 at 9:22 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

The "Ze Fuhrer" thing is just stupid. You're having a conniption because people don't agree with you on matters of discrimination, individual rights, and limits on free speech.

If you can't take disagreement without having a sh!t-fit, you probably shouldn't be here.

January 30, 2013 at 9:24 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Of course everybody who doesn't adhere to your liberal totalitarianism sounds ludicrous to you Tom.

Akira

Yep, the liberals have won. It's hard not to win when you win by pandering to scrounging poor people and immigrants at the expense of decent, hard working, successful people. America is dying. Wait until the massive flight of capital which is inevitable. Let's see who's going to pay for all your welfare programs when all the successful people leave. And let's not forget about when China come-a-knocking for their money. Who's going to pay for that?

January 30, 2013 at 9:28 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

January 30, 2013 at 9:29 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

I think having a "sh!t-fit" is a rational response to left-wing totalitarianism.

January 30, 2013 at 9:31 pm |
    • Akira

Yep. As long as the individual rights are only yours, right? Dishonest tw masquerading as a patriot. Fuck you, Jim Crow.

January 30, 2013 at 9:32 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

What a silly little twit. If it's so awful here, why do you stay? If everyone on this blog is an azzhole and a scu mbag liberal, why do you stay here?

You're mad as wet hen because you can't manage to persuade anybody that your way of thinking has any merit whatsoever.

January 30, 2013 at 9:33 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

"Left wing totalitarianism" is as ridiculous and hyperbolic as you goofy "Ze Fuhrer" sh!te. It's no wonder you're being laughed off this board, RL.

January 30, 2013 at 9:34 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Really, you should consider some honesty in labeling. You're about as "rational" as LL.

January 30, 2013 at 9:35 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Why Jim Crow? What's the relevance there?

I know nobody on this blog will come around to libertarianism. Liberals are afraid of freedom and feel guilty because they are white.

January 30, 2013 at 9:37 pm |
    • Akira

Henny penny, you are so fucking stupid it's a wonder you can breathe with an instruction manual. You are downright hysterical right now. Stop it before you give yourself the vapors, you old gash.

January 30, 2013 at 9:40 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

The liberals are burning the Reichstag.

January 30, 2013 at 9:42 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Irrational, you really are starting to sound like some gun nut who sits at the bar and picks a fight with anyone who doesn't say, "Amen" every time you fart out some self-righteous gas.

January 30, 2013 at 9:43 pm |
    • midwest rail

" Liberals are afraid of freedom and feel guilty because they are white. " Nonsense.

January 30, 2013 at 9:45 pm |

midwest rail

True.

January 30, 2013 at 9:46 pm |
    • midwest rail

Indeed it is true that it's nonsense.

January 30, 2013 at 9:48 pm |

@Rational Libertarian

"The liberals are burning the Reichstag."

==You've got Nazi on the brain. What a beautiful train-wreck of a comedy.

January 30, 2013 at 9:48 pm |

midwest rail

Nope.

January 30, 2013 at 9:49 pm |
    • midwest rail

You're partially right – it's delusional nonsense.

January 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

There were liberal Nazis, believe it or not. Hitler and his faction dealt with them in the Night of The Long Knives.

January 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

What makes you imagine that everyone here is white, Needledick?

January 30, 2013 at 9:54 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You're just laughable, Irrational. Your posts read like some of the "Letters to the Editor" in some rag in a little burg in the rust belt.

January 30, 2013 at 9:55 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

His excited eyes from within the dark interior glazed, watered in appreciation of his thoughtful preparation.

January 30, 2013 at 9:56 pm |
  6. Lust

Now, who wouldn't think that girl ain't smoking hot next to that guy??? The whole term is relative!

January 30, 2013 at 5:03 pm |
    • niknak

She is attractive, but off limits for a grown man.

If any guys think it is ok for a grown man who is out of high school trying to "date" a girl who is in high school, then they are creeps and pedophiles.

January 30, 2013 at 6:31 pm |
  7. ME II

@Bill Deacon,
    This torturous rationalization is almost painful to read.
    "First, cannibals eat what is dead. " I don't think there is any such restriction on cannibalism.

January 30, 2013 at 3:34 pm |
    • ME II

misposted

January 30, 2013 at 3:34 pm |
    • sam

Good old Bill and his regular ration of pretzel logic.

January 30, 2013 at 4:30 pm |
    • niknak

I was just listening to that album last night.
      Steely Dan did not have a regular bassist, but Schmit and Felder did most of those in studio takes with Walter Becker helping out too.
      Really dope basslines, especailly on Ricki.

January 30, 2013 at 4:42 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

I love the way the conversation goes from an outright lie about Catholicism to a defense of cannibalism. Absolutely wonderful focus MEII

January 30, 2013 at 4:43 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

Tony Levin, Chuck Rainey and I believe even Will Lee put in some good turns during the Aja period.

January 30, 2013 at 4:51 pm |
    • niknak

Billybob Deacon Blues, you are right on cue.
      Cause I took it in a musical direction which is a propos because of your screen name.
      Now, Deacon Blues is not on Pretzil Logic, but it too has a pretty dope bassline.

See, not all of our attacks on you sky fairy believers is negative.

January 30, 2013 at 4:53 pm |
    • niknak

Steely Dan had the resources on those later albums to get really top notch musicians to help out in studio.
      It is too bad that Becker and Fegan hated each other so much and did not like to tour.
      I saw them a few times in the 90s, and although the music was tight, one could tell there was no energy or chemistry between them. Both times it seemed like the audience was sitting in on a studio session and not at a live show.
      But I am glad I saw them.

January 30, 2013 at 4:57 pm |
    • ME II

@Bill Deacon,
      I'm not 'defending' cannibalism, I'm simply stating that your claim that cannibalism only entails dead flesh is incorrect. How is that not focusing?

- Cannibalism, for humans. is eating human flesh.
      - The ritual of communion entails consuming the flesh of Jesus. at least symbolically ("This is my flesh..." , Luke) Although, I think, via transubstantiation, the RCC's standpoint is that the Eucharist is literally the flesh of Christ.
      > Therefore, communion is ritualistic cannibalism, as @Doc Vestibule was saying below.

January 30, 2013 at 4:59 pm |
    • End Religion

Death cult: Human sacrifice, zombie jeebus, drinking the blood of christ, eating his flesh. Top it off with pedophile priests and it just can't get much more abhorrent.

January 30, 2013 at 5:08 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

Because the original post by TT was that Catholicism finds transgenders "icky" I showed that that is false and Doc skewed the conversation to a slur against the sacraments. It's a tangential argument based on a disproved aspersion.

January 30, 2013 at 5:11 pm |
    • niknak

Yeah, I could never understand that either when I was forced to go to catholic Sunday school.
      I found it unsettling that the whole sacrament was consumming the flesh and blood of jeebus.
      When I would question the nuns, they would get aggitated and tell me to shut up, which made me question further.

I read that during the cultural revolution in China in rural towns that they would roast professors or doctors or anyone else who had any learning and then force the town folks to eat them to show their loyalty to the party.

That is what I think of when I see some priest do his whole vaudeville act of performing the sacrament.

January 30, 2013 at 5:14 pm |
    • ME II

@Bill Deacon,
      "Because the original post by TT was ..."

Oh, I see. Yes, I was on a tangent from that.

January 30, 2013 at 5:16 pm |
    • End Religion

@nik: the whole thing with jeebus and christianity is that it is an attempt to stop pagan religions. It is an attempt to stop human sacrifice by presenting "the one true" final perfect sacrifice of a god. They're saying "hey, you don't need to sacrifice humans anymore, we've done the ultimate one." I don't have any doubt the whole blood/flash tie-in is an attempt to stop the ritual cannibalism of "pagan religions."

So next time Chad says "the empty tomb" is proof of a resurrection, be sure to let him know an empty tomb is more likely pointing to some followers gobbling poor Jeebus up like a plate of hot wings.

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. (John 6:53-55)

January 30, 2013 at 7:05 pm |
    • niknak

Thanks Bend Religion, that was something those mean ol' nuns never had the guts to tell me.
      I am surprised the apostles did not eat jeebus up at the last upper.
      Would have been a more amuzing story if they had.

January 30, 2013 at 7:11 pm |
  8. New Athiest

In reality there are different messages sent by the same behavior depending on who does it.
    For example, in America men don't cary purses and women wear shirts/tops in public – unless they want to message. In this case I suspect the manacure, long hair, and any manerism he may have had that wasn't 'masculine' may have been interpreted differetly after they knew he was transgender.

January 30, 2013 at 1:56 pm |
    • sam

They would have stopped thinking of him as eccentric, and started thinking 'sinner'.

January 30, 2013 at 2:30 pm |
  9. I have a dream

When men and women can dress or undress as it pleases them and be judged for their thoughts not their clothes or lack therof!

January 30, 2013 at 1:05 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

It's pretty easy to decipher what affiliation someone is. Somebody who is readily offended by derogatory or colloquial terminology used to describe minorities and/or women is almost certainly a liberal.

January 30, 2013 at 4:37 pm |

Wrong thread.

January 30, 2013 at 4:38 pm |

Idiot.

January 30, 2013 at 4:42 pm |

Cvnt.

January 30, 2013 at 4:46 pm |
    • sam

LOL Have you ever even seen one? Is your knowledge of anatomy as sharp as your understanding of just about any of the bullshit you type?

January 30, 2013 at 4:52 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Hmmm. How does one take somebody who uses the term LOL seriously? Nope, I can't fathom how this could be achieved.

January 30, 2013 at 4:56 pm |

Cooze.

January 30, 2013 at 5:17 pm |
    • sam

You really are cute as a button. It's like you're scrabbling for any little purchase you can find.

January 30, 2013 at 5:20 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Yet you call me an idiot for posting in the wrong thread. Pr!ck.

January 30, 2013 at 5:49 pm |
    • sam

Did you get that big word from the Sopranos too, tough guy?

January 30, 2013 at 6:17 pm |
  10. Rational Libertarian

Cristina Guarino is a smokin' hot piece of cooze.

January 30, 2013 at 12:00 pm |
    • Akira

I get the feeling you don't respect women very much, RL.

January 30, 2013 at 12:29 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

I really couldn't care less about what other people think of me.

January 30, 2013 at 12:31 pm |
    • niknak

Unless they think you are a hippy, then you would care.

January 30, 2013 at 12:41 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

I don't think anybody would ever think that of me.

January 30, 2013 at 12:47 pm |
    • The Godless blog

How do you define 'hot' if you were blind?

January 30, 2013 at 1:09 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Discussing semantics with a blind person is a tricky situation I tend to avoid.

January 30, 2013 at 1:17 pm |
    • Wondering

If you don't care what others think of you, then why are you here? I mean, if you go around making an ass of yourself, then any serious opinions you attempt to make are going to be dismissed, like reality and lionlylamb and Chad and truthbetold and, well, the list of readily ignored people here is endless.

January 30, 2013 at 1:28 pm |
    • Akira

Wondering...he just gave my answer...and I won't attempt to engage him again.

January 30, 2013 at 2:02 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

I like to express my opinions. That's why I come on these blogs. Also, how am I making an ass of myself? Just because you don't like what I'm saying doesn't affect the validity of what I say.

January 30, 2013 at 2:03 pm |
    • sam

That was just a fucking asshole thing to say. I really hope someone is stealing your screenname, because if not, you're not going to get much peace here from here on out.

January 30, 2013 at 2:25 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

I don't want 'peace', I'm not a hippy.

January 30, 2013 at 2:31 pm |
    • sam

Feel gree to enjoy whatever attention you garner, then, asshole.

January 30, 2013 at 2:32 pm |

OK fvcknut.

January 30, 2013 at 2:39 pm |
    • sam

No, really, keep acting like a stupid bitch. It's entertaining as hell.

January 30, 2013 at 2:43 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

B!tch, huh? Who's the one getting all riled up because their little liberal insecurities have been offended because my speech doesn't conform to the totalitarian liberal code?

January 30, 2013 at 2:49 pm |
    • sam

You're so full of it. You've proven over and over again that you're a disingenious, arrogant ass who has zero idea what half the labels you use even mean. It's like you can't decide minute to minute whether to act like the lowest common denominator, or pretend the opinion you heard on the news somewhere is your own. I'm not surprised you have zero respect for women – you pretty much respect you, and that's about it. No one gives a shit what you think.

January 30, 2013 at 3:03 pm |

Boo hoo.

January 30, 2013 at 3:05 pm |
    • Christian Zombie

I think RL is right on, though I wouldn't have used the word "cooze"...

January 30, 2013 at 4:02 pm |

Christian Zombie

I've been watching a lot of The Sopranos lately. It's funny how much their speech can enter your vocabulary.

January 30, 2013 at 4:04 pm |
    • Wondering

@RatLib "how am I making an ass of myself?"

In your own words:

"I don't want 'peace'"

"their little liberal insecurities have been offended because my speech doesn't conform to the totalitarian liberal code"

"Cristina Guarino is a smokin' hot piece of cooze"

"Boo hoo"

January 30, 2013 at 4:12 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

I guess making oneself look like an ass to a liberal is easier than making oneself look like an ass to a normal, freedom lover like myself.

January 30, 2013 at 4:22 pm |
    • Wondering

So "normal" for freedom-loving right-wingers is to act like you are a maladjusted junior high school twat?

Why am I asking? That has been proven true again and again and again.

January 30, 2013 at 4:25 pm |
    • sam

What a crock of stale rhetoric. 'Freedom lover'. LOL Blowhard douche.

January 30, 2013 at 4:28 pm |
    • Lust

Now everyone in this thread that looed at the picture and think that gal ain't smokin' hot raise your hand.

January 30, 2013 at 4:29 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

What's been proven true over and over again is that liberals don't like words which don't conform to their narrow worldview.

January 30, 2013 at 4:31 pm |
    • niknak

How do you know what political affiliation anyone of this board is?
      There are many non believers who are republicans, and some believers who are democrats.
      And I am sure many of each who are libertarians as well.
      And why does you political leanings give you any more freedoms then someone of another political party?

You are starting to sound just like a fundie, but for political ideology instead of god.

January 30, 2013 at 4:33 pm |
    • sam

I'm laughing because now 'liberals' have a 'narrow worldview'. I thought liberals were too...liberal. Whatever, you're making a bigger fool of yourself every time you post, you can't even keep track of your own labels.

If the opposite of being a complete asshole is having a narrow worldview, I guess that's fine.

January 30, 2013 at 4:35 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

This is hilarious.

January 30, 2013 at 4:36 pm |

niknak

January 30, 2013 at 4:38 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Liberals have commandeered the word liberal to mean anything but. What liberals gain in areas such as gay rights, gender equality, they lose in terms of gun rights, economic rights, white guilt (affirmative action, hate crime) and property rights. Liberals are also very easily offended by colloquial and derogatory terminology, as easily offended as Christian conservatives are at any negative mutterings concerning their beloved Jesus.

January 30, 2013 at 4:42 pm |
    • sam

@hawaii – it is pretty entertaining.

Hey RatLib, why don't you post it twice more to get your point across? You wouldn't know a liberal if one bit you in the ass, and honestly, I doubt your a<i.ss is biteable to begin with.

January 30, 2013 at 4:44 pm |
    • sam

>>What liberals gain in areas such as gay rights, gender equality, they lose in terms of gun rights, economic rights, white guilt <<

Now you're just the funniest parody on the whole board.

January 30, 2013 at 4:45 pm |

hawaiiguest

I'd say ridiculous more than hilarious. One little comment featuring a word which only entered my vocabulary because of too much Sopranos gets so much scrutiny, mostly by two d.ouchebags who seem to see themselves as Lord Protectors of Women, which is far more s.exist than anything I've said or done.

January 30, 2013 at 4:45 pm |
    • Wondering

Great theory, Ratty, except that you are wrong. I am not a liberal. Nor a conservative. Nor a conservative in denial (a Libertarian). Nor a communist or a socialist.

You worldview is very narrow.

January 30, 2013 at 4:46 pm |
    • niknak

So using foul or derrogetory language is one of the "freedoms" that you hold dear?
      That is a libertarian value?

January 30, 2013 at 4:46 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

How is a libertarian a conservative in denial? I hate conservatives, but I really fvcking hate liberals.

January 30, 2013 at 4:47 pm |

niknak

Or course freedom of speech is a value I hold dear.

January 30, 2013 at 4:48 pm |
    • sam

Translation: "I let the TV I watch dictate my vocab, because I'm that much of a mouthbreather. I knew it was derogatory, but I wanted attention so I just couldn't resist, because my impulse control is as fine tuned as my vocab."

January 30, 2013 at 4:49 pm |
    • sam

Watching you twist in the wind and pretend you're any kind of libertarian is very, very entertaining. Keep trying!

January 30, 2013 at 4:50 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Yeah Sam, like you do anything other than what Ze Fuhrer Obama commands you to do. I imagine there's not an original thought between your ears.

January 30, 2013 at 4:53 pm |
    • niknak

We once could own other humans, so I am assuming that is a right that you feel has been denied to you that you would like back.
      Is that a right that the bad liberals have taken away too?

January 30, 2013 at 5:01 pm |
    • niknak

Also libtard, this whole post starting with you lusting after the girl in the photo.
      It was of a girl in high school, and most likely underage, which if true, makes you a pedophile.

I know you like your freedom of speech, and you don't care what people think of you, but I bet being called a pedophile or having your neighbors think you are one would get your attention.

But maybe that is a right the libs took away that you don't agree with either.

January 30, 2013 at 5:06 pm |
    • End Religion

"Ze Fuhrer Obama"
      Might want to strike the "rational" bit from your moniker...

January 30, 2013 at 5:18 pm |
    • Akira

All I said was "I get the feeling you don’t respect women very much, RL."
      How does that make me a douchebag?

January 30, 2013 at 5:26 pm |
    • sam

"Ze Fuhrer Obama". Oh man, that is classic. You're steadfastly defending an indefensible position with crap like this. I'd say it's the last bastion of a small mind, but honestly, it's been your go to position from the start. It's been entertaining, though, I have to admit. We should do this again some time.

btw, I do love it that your way of being a 'freedom lover' is to act like an unmitigated, petulant whackadoodle. C'mon, man.

You have no more ass left to be handed to you. Go home.

January 30, 2013 at 5:27 pm |
    • Lucy M

RL, I think you really only see 2 people acting against you? but no one here agrees with you at all

It's embarassing

January 30, 2013 at 5:31 pm |

niknak

So calling someone a nagger, or a spique, or a slant or any other negative term is ok by you? Yes

Should private corporations be allowed not to hire people based on their skin color or gender? Yes

Is that a right that the bad liberals have taken away too? Yes.

Also, the caption under the picture says it is her last day so it is likely she is about 17. 17 is ripe for lusting after.

January 30, 2013 at 5:39 pm |

Akira

I wasn't referring to, although your 'I won't attempt to engage with him again' post was ridiculous. Does it really require eternal ignorance of my posts just because I used the term 'cooze', which I basically only used because of a recent Sopranos box-set marathon.

January 30, 2013 at 5:41 pm |
    • Answer

"Why Propaganda Trumps Truth"

By Paul Craig Roberts

==This is about the most accurate point about RL. You're a sucker for the propaganda you create.

January 30, 2013 at 5:43 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Conservatives and Liberals alike all buy into The Big Lie.

January 30, 2013 at 5:50 pm |
    • niknak

Then I am glad that libertarian movement is small and mostly a non factor in our politics.

And I am assuming you are in your 30s or maybe even a bit older.
      If you are lusting after 17 year olds, then you are a pedophile.
      I bet if you had a 17 year old daughter and some guy in his 30s was lusting after her, you would be upset and would be calling the police.

I think you have succeeded in putting yourself in the same catagory as cowardlylion and the others that are off the reservation.

I bet you love strip clubs and casinos and guns too.
      You sound just like the fundies I work with, minus the religion.

January 30, 2013 at 5:53 pm |

@Rational Libertarian

"Conservatives and Liberals alike all buy into The Big Lie."

===And of course it comes down to your own opinion of your own words. You believe in your own brand of bs.
      No wonder you're stuck in your psycho rant.

January 30, 2013 at 5:58 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Good guess, I am in my thirties. Also, I think you need to brush up on your understanding of the meaning of pedophilia.

Yep, I do indeed love strip clubs, casinos and guns. I fail to see also how somebody who supports secularism and gay rights could be considered to be like a 'fundie'.

January 30, 2013 at 5:59 pm |

Answer

It's easier to "to denounce the truth-tellers than the liars whom the truth-tellers expose." Taken from the very article you linked. All I do is expose the lies and hypocrisy of liberals and conservatives.

January 30, 2013 at 6:02 pm |
    • Answer

"All I do is expose the lies and hypocrisy of liberals and conservatives."

==So you want to make a claim that you are doing just that. Well then.. cite your sources of your great knowledge.

January 30, 2013 at 6:06 pm |

January 30, 2013 at 6:11 pm |
    • sam

This is so sad to watch, at this point. It's like he can't help himself.

January 30, 2013 at 6:12 pm |
    • Akira

"I wasn’t referring to, although your ‘I won’t attempt to engage with him again’ post was ridiculous. Does it really require eternal ignorance of my posts just because I used the term ‘cooze’, which I basically only used because of a recent Sopranos box-set marathon."
      When you act childish, no, I will not engage you; when you post something of intelligence I will talk to you.
      You didn't say anything about the Sopranos until much later in the thread.
      I found that post to be profoundly ignorant, and if your posts remain as eternally ignorant as this one, you have nothing of value to say.

January 30, 2013 at 6:18 pm |

sam
      Akira
      niknak
      Wondering
      Lucy M
      Answer

Six minds twisted by liberal BS. I'll stay loving freedom while you guys go on dreaming about the Democratic Socialist Republic of the United States of America you all so lovingly long for. Go fvck yourselves.

January 30, 2013 at 6:23 pm |
    • Answer

Funny thing: I'm not American.

@RL
      Is that your blowhard's last ditch effort to paint everyone as the enemy of your vision of the US? Sounds like it to me.

January 30, 2013 at 6:28 pm |
    • sam

Poor RatLib. I'm sorry that all those uppity wimmens in the world can't just relax and let you be yourself. They just keep forgetting that it's all about whether you approve of it. Dang those uppity wimmens.

January 30, 2013 at 6:35 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

You mean cunts, don't you?

January 30, 2013 at 6:37 pm |

"sam
      Akira
      niknak
      Wondering
      Lucy M
      Answer

Six minds twisted by liberal BS. I’ll stay loving freedom while you guys go on dreaming about the Democratic Socialist Republic of the United States of America you all so lovingly long for. Go fvck yourselves."

You've have completely lost your fucking mind!
      You presume to tell me what my politics are, because I called you out on your misogynistic sl of a child?
      Crawl back in your dirt hole, you disingenuous cunt.
      You know absolutely nothing about who I am or what I stand for.
      Go gobble a knob. I stand up for your right to do that.

January 30, 2013 at 6:39 pm |
    • sam

Now I just can't stop laughing.

January 30, 2013 at 6:41 pm |
    • amy

"What liberals gain in areas such as gay rights, gender equality, they lose in terms of gun rights, economic rights, white guilt (affirmative action, hate crime) and property rights. "

I'm still trying to process this statement from RL, regarding what he's saying people are losing. Pretty wild stuff.

January 30, 2013 at 6:45 pm |
    • niknak

If freedom your definition of freedom loving is using racial slurs, discriminating based on someone's skin or gender, and trying to get in bed with high schoolers, then I am happy not to know you.

Although the age of cons_ent in NY is 17, you are still a creep for even thinking of going there.
      Because if 17 is not too young for you, then I bet you would have zero issue in going younger.

I guess perents of young girls really do have a legitimate fear of men like you.

January 30, 2013 at 6:54 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

Wow this went from interesting, to funny, and now it's just plain nuts.

nik I think you're overreaching massively and engaging in some very dangerous straw man ad hominems.
      Rational I think you're overgeneralizing Liberal and conservative way to much, and it looks really narrow minded.

January 30, 2013 at 7:14 pm |
    • The original politically correct bi-s exual ad

Political correctness wasn't just invented last year.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeibzLZn2hU&w=640&h=390]

January 30, 2013 at 7:37 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Yeah niknak, I mean, if I'd bang a fifty year old, what's stopping me going younger and banging a one year old? Surely it's the same thing, practically?

January 30, 2013 at 7:55 pm |

Akira

Cvnt. That is all.

January 30, 2013 at 7:57 pm |
    • Akira

"Rational" Libertarian, yes, you certainly are a cunt; quite a stupid one, at that. I'm glad a little self-realization is sinking in at last.

January 30, 2013 at 8:39 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Ho Ho. I see what you did there. I'm bereft of ribs at your constantly excellent witticisms.

Pr!ck.

January 30, 2013 at 8:47 pm |
    • Akira

You are also bereft of any common sense and intelligence, you pussy.

January 30, 2013 at 9:54 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag, is fast and bulbous. Got me?

January 30, 2013 at 9:58 pm |
    • Akira

Let Jill do Jillspeak; although this make more sense than the other nonsense you've been posting today.

January 30, 2013 at 10:20 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian's Meth Dealer

We would like to apologize to the Belief Blog for accidentally selling Rational Libertarian pure uncut crystal meth instead of his usual 7% purity. Even at his usual diluted levels, he went so meth-mad that he became Libertarian, but on pure ice, well, you have seen the unfortunate results.

We will take steps to ensure he never gets pure meth again, though we regret to tell you that his brain damage is, of course, irreversable.

January 30, 2013 at 10:23 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Jillspeak? Ignorant cvnt. I guess you don't know who Bloodshot Rollin' Red is, huh?

January 30, 2013 at 10:23 pm |
    • Rational Libertarian

Drugs are for the pathetic and weak-willed.

January 30, 2013 at 10:24 pm |
  11. myweightinwords

I get the impression that many people a) didn't actually read the article and b) do not understand that being transgender has nothing at all to do with sex.

January 30, 2013 at 11:14 am |
    • Akira

I think you're right, MWIW; and they all have their knee-jerk reactions that are due to their inherent bigotry.
      Sigh.

On the other hand, and I'm just trying to look at this rationally, perhaps he really did just get laid off; it happens.
      If they hire someone to replace him without calling him back to work...well, then, it would appear as if he most definitely was discriminated against.

January 30, 2013 at 11:35 am |
    • Mohammad A Dar

@Akira, I have an open mind to their life style, and accept them in work places, as long as they meet the dress code, but schools are schools. Are these people allowed to teach in military academies, while dressed like half-man half-woman?

January 30, 2013 at 12:57 pm |
      • myweightinwords

Clearly you are not open minded about transgendered people or you wouldn't say things like "while dressed like half-man half-woman".

January 30, 2013 at 12:59 pm |
    • Mohammad A Dar

@my...
      of course, no one is 100% perfect. I deal with them everyday, I treat and serve them with respect, and I joke with them at my business place. But yes I don't approve them to teach my kids their life style or teach them to dress like them. May be my kids, when they grow up, it is up to them to accept or reject them, but it should not be forced upon them when they can not make decisions of their own, that's where I come in picture, being a father, I make decisions for them, and I reject these people from SCHOOLS.

January 30, 2013 at 1:13 pm |
    • Akira

I would agree with you, MAD, if that school expressly forbid manicures, long hair, and earrings for women, too.
      And of course you may reject any school your children attend; that's your right as a parent.
      His manicure, however, has nothing to do with the quality of education he had been providing students FOR 32 YEARS.
      That school is standing on iffy grounds.

January 30, 2013 at 2:08 pm |
    • Akira

MAD, how is dressed half-man, half-woman in the above photo?
      It appears he is wearing a suit and tie; how is that innapropriate dress for a teacher?

January 30, 2013 at 2:13 pm |
    • sam

Part of the problem are the ideas too many people have about what constitutes normal gender behavior, and what it means to look masculine or feminine. Anything outside those fixed norms gets attention.

January 30, 2013 at 2:28 pm |
    • Mohammad A Dar

@Akira – In my view, that school is standing on iffy grounds only reason now the story is on CNN. The school is trying to protect interest of majority, and what schools should or shouldn't do is a local issue, if parents agree in that school, he should stay, else he should start working on his resume. He got plenty of teaching experience, so he should be able to find a job with his new look !!! and Akira – when comes to making decisions for kids, I prefer go conservative, let them develop their own views when they grow up.

January 30, 2013 at 2:44 pm |
      • myweightinwords

I don't understand your objection. He isn't teaching anything sexual. He is simply wearing his hair longer and having a manicure.

There is nothing wrong with that. Nothing in that a child shouldn't be opposed to, particularly as we are talking about high school kids. Chances are pretty good that they have gay and trans kids in their classes.

January 30, 2013 at 6:06 pm |
    • Akira

Again, MAD, how is he dressed inappropriately?
      Do you think you can "catch" transgenderism?

January 30, 2013 at 3:58 pm |
  12. Mohammad A Dar

throw Krolikowski's ass out on street, it is school, not his w hore house, doesn't matter what religions.

January 30, 2013 at 10:57 am |
    • midwest rail

You didn't read the article either, did you ?

January 30, 2013 at 11:09 am |
    • Mohammad A Dar

@mid – yes I did not read past the "He likes to wear multiple earrings and French manicure his nails. " we don't need clowns in our schools. If we anticipate kids to dress, behave properly in schools, then the same rule applies to teachers too.

January 30, 2013 at 12:27 pm |
    • midwest rail

You don't think other teachers wear earrings ? Manicure their nails ? If you'd read the story, you'd know he wasn't fired for either of those reasons.

January 30, 2013 at 12:48 pm |

.........\.................'...../
      .........."...\.......... _.·´
      ............\..............(
      ..............\.............\...

January 30, 2013 at 2:52 pm |
    • Akira

Well, MAD, where exactly is he treating his school like a whore house? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

January 30, 2013 at 3:30 pm |
    • Mohammad A Dar

@Akira – that was a wrong choice of words, wish CNN allows to Edit.

January 30, 2013 at 4:24 pm |
    • sam

Mohammad, I am totally stealing that. Thank you.

January 30, 2013 at 4:24 pm |
    • sam

PS everything you've said so far has been a poor choice of words once you've been called out on it. So whatever.

....................../´¯/)
      ....................,/¯../
      .................../..../
      ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
      ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
      ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
      .........\.................'...../
      .........."...\.......... _.·´
      ............\..............(
      ..............\.............\...

January 30, 2013 at 4:29 pm |
    • Mohammad A Dar

@Sam, listen if Presidents or Presidential candidates are allowed to go back on their previously made statements why can't I? I said I picked the wrong words. Is that not enough? listen Sam, in my business, I deal with guys like you everyday, so called tough guys, how many times have you actually pointed finger on someone's face? lol! just curious.

January 30, 2013 at 4:48 pm |

Okay, MAD, fair enough.
      And I've given the finger up close and personal many times...lol...

January 30, 2013 at 5:36 pm |
    • sam

I deal with plenty of fools like you who use ridiculous language and then back away when they're confronted with it. He looks different, so he's a 'clown'? Don't deny you mean it, just own it, own that you're discriminatory against things you don't understand.

I've never pointed a finger in anyone's face. I don't need to. How many people have you flipped off lately, hypocrite?

Thanks again for this, btw, it is fun:

....................../´¯/)
      ....................,/¯../
      .................../..../
      ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`•¸
      ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
      ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
      .........\.................'...../
      .........."...\.......... _.•´
      ............\..............(
      ..............\.............\...

January 30, 2013 at 5:36 pm |
    • Mohammad A Dar

@sam, I tried to correct my mistake and you little rat jumping all over me, go blow dead dogs, goon, who gives a rat's ass what you think.

@Akira – sorry for my language, but he is asking for it.

January 30, 2013 at 5:53 pm |
    • sam

Seriously, that"s the best you can do? It's childish and laughable. You and the hindu troll need to get a room. Just admit you're lacking in how to handle people who are different from you.

January 30, 2013 at 6:06 pm |
    • sam

Better yet, let's see how you like people being intolerant with you:

What kind of backwater shithole do you live in where those are even considered insults?

January 30, 2013 at 6:10 pm |
    • Mohammad A Dar

@Sam, Yes I am lacking in how to handle people who are different from me, but judging you by your posts, you ain't Saint either, at least I have balls to admit mistakes, on line, do you? it's funny you tied me with "hindu troll", what do you know about him beside reading his posts? nothing.

January 30, 2013 at 6:30 pm |
    • sam

You never apologized, Mo. You said 'wrong choice of words'. So instead of clown, you meant what? And instead of whore house, you meant what?

Now you're just lying to cover yourself. That's cowardly.

I know hindu troll is a barely literate, racist asshole, based on every single post he makes. Was there another way we're supposed to look at the gibberish he posts?

January 30, 2013 at 6:38 pm |
    • sam

btw, the two of you are the only idiots who keep using the word 'goon' over and over. You look silly.

January 30, 2013 at 6:40 pm |
    • Mohammad A Dar

we are going through never ending debate. I wanted to end the conversation, so I said I was wrong, but you keep going on and on and on. and for the Hindu-troll, I know the guy, his real name is "Mohammad A Dar", Yes, the screen name I use. I post using his real name, while he hides behind fake handlers. Yes I do sometime use his words like goon, but only for fun.

January 30, 2013 at 6:57 pm |
    • sam

Now is the first time you've *actually* said you were wrong. You don't mean it, but that's fine, as long as it gets people off your case, right? Again, you never would have backedtracked over those words unless Akira had called you out.

Your idiot friend Mohammad needs to get a better hobby. Everyone's pretty tired of his bullshit. Good job giving us his real name, too.

January 30, 2013 at 7:18 pm |
    • Mohammad A Dar

Akira, Apple Bush are friends.

January 30, 2013 at 7:34 pm |
  13. brother

Sorry for the typos...using old phone with big fingers
    ...will go to laptop for future posts.

January 30, 2013 at 10:48 am |
    • midwest rail

I want a phone with big fingers too !

January 30, 2013 at 10:54 am |
    • ME II

@midwest rail,
      Thanks for the laugh! The image is hilarious.

January 30, 2013 at 3:39 pm |
  14. Dave8582

@Rational Libertarian

People should be employed on the basis of being able to perform the needed tasks. Private businesses should be prevented from discrimination. They can't refuse service to people they don't like.

Libertarians make me want to puke.

Cheers!

January 30, 2013 at 9:50 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

Yep, many people do indeed find freedom repulsive. You are just one of many people to be anti-freedom.

January 30, 2013 at 10:00 am |
    • Your precious freedoms

to exclude people and discriminate against people are eroding like the arctic ice Libertarian.

January 30, 2013 at 10:14 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

I know and it's shameful. Successive governments have taken away all our rights.

January 30, 2013 at 10:17 am |
  15. Doc Vestibule

My parents are good friends with a transgender couple, one of whom encountered employment discrimination in another traditionally gay-unfriendly environment – the military.
    The Sargeant served with the signals batallion for quite some time before coming out of the closet. She was the first member of any Armed Forces in the world to have her gender reassignment surgery paid for by the military, which obviously ruffled a few feathers.
    After 20 years of service, she retired with a pension and began her life with her partner, a 28 year inner-city toronto police officer who is also transgendered.
    They came to know my family when the sergeant approached my father for a job at the cadet camp of which he was CO. He was an infantry medic and special forces search and rescue technician for 35 years, retired from active duty but still in the reserves.
    He was impressed with the Sgt's service record and foud her to be eminently qualified with a demeanor that worked well in the cadet environment. He hired her without reservation – but others were not so accepting. Her employment was quietly and then not so quietly blocked at various levels and the whole debacle seemed destined to wind up in front of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. A lawyer took up the case and began taking statements from a good number of officers alleged to have been involved most of whom it turned out purjured themselves. Rather than face the public shaming that would come of being found guilty of discrimination, conspiracy and purjury (a foregone conclusion in the kangaroo court that is the CHRC – it has a 99% conviction rate), the Canadian Armed Forces opted to settle quietly out of court. This suited the sergeant just fine, as she had no desire to undergo the scrutiny that would inevitably accompany such a public airing.
    The transgender soldier and cop couple now live quietly – well loved and respected by their community. Anyone who goes asking after them in their hometown will find the local citizens very protective of their much maligned neighbours.
    It just goes to show that even in positions normally considered ultra-macho, LGBT folk are there doing the same job as straight folk. They are fighting for our countries and protecting our streets, despite the sideways looks and outright discrimination they face daily.
    Teacher, soldier, cop – what difference does gender ident/ity make if the person in question is doing a service for their community?

January 30, 2013 at 8:59 am |
    • Rational Libertarian

A cop, soldier and public school teacher are employed by the government and in no way should be discriminated against. A private organization, such as the school in question, should not be compelled to employ anybody they don't want to employ.

January 30, 2013 at 9:35 am |
  16. brother

Why is it so necessary for members of the LGBT community to be so public concerning their private decisions? Perhaps the accolades and pats on the back from their peers are that important. Why jeopardize 32 years of teaching? I hope that those pats on the back come with some "green" for the bills.

January 30, 2013 at 8:01 am |
    • midwest rail

You didn't read the story, did you ?

January 30, 2013 at 8:06 am |
    • myweightinwords

Have you ever had to live as someone you are not?

January 30, 2013 at 9:06 am |
    • Live4Him

@myweightinwords : Have you ever had to live as someone you are not? This isn't about accolades or pats on the back or even about creating a public spectacle.

I disagree. This individual is capable of quietly moving to another job without religious influences. He knew what he was doing when he did it – he was pushing HIS views rather than the school's views. When you want to become a public spectacle by making a show of breaking the guidelines, you deserve to be fired.

January 30, 2013 at 10:36 am |
    • Damocles

@live

Oh, so if I was the owner of a company and decided to fire a christian for being a christian, you'd be ok with that?

January 30, 2013 at 10:40 am |
    • myweightinwords

i>I disagree. This individual is capable of quietly moving to another job without religious influences.

So you support discrimination against anyone who "breaks the guidelines"? So, in the case in England last year, where the flight attendant got fired for wearing her cross necklace you would support the firing? She was breaking guidelines.

January 30, 2013 at 10:41 am |
    • Live4Him

@myweightinwords : Why should he have to change jobs? He's done the job more than adequately for 32 years. Nothing about his teaching has changed. Only his appearance changed.

Lets look at this a different way. Lets assume that you start a medical transcription service. You enter an agreement with your clients to provide a 24-hour turnaround. As you increase your business, you hire a subcontractor. For 32 years, that subcontractor fulfilled his obligations of turning his work around in 24 hours. One day, he decides that a 48 hour turnaround should be sufficient. Would you continue to contract his work even if his quality of work was excellent? Not if you want to keep your customers.

The same is true with a Christian school. Parents take their children to a Christian school for two reasons: education and Christian values. If one is dropped, the customers will take their business elsewhere.

@myweightinwords : No, he was living his life as he is, rather than hiding his true self for the comfort of others.

And by example he was teaching values contrary to the expectations of the parents (i.e. customers of the school). Do YOU like paying for something when you get less than you expect?

@myweightinwords : So you support discrimination against anyone who "breaks the guidelines"?

This is an apples and oranges comparison. The airline is catering to the general populace. The Chistian school is catering to specific clientele – who expect Christian principles to be demonstrated by the teachers.

January 30, 2013 at 1:48 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

It's a Catholic School, they can legally discriminate if they are not funded at all through government funds. I say let them further throw themselves into the pit of self-inflicted PR nightmares because they love to hate certain people. Fuck the catholic church, they're the biggest criminal organization in the world, and deserves nothing but contempt anyway.

January 30, 2013 at 2:01 pm |

hawaiiguest

Well said.

January 30, 2013 at 2:05 pm |
    • Live4Him

@hawaiiguest : let them further throw themselves into the pit of self-inflicted PR nightmares

So, if their views differ from yours, they are 'bad'. Got it. BTW – Christians already realize that they're under attack from non-Christians, so this stance could be beneficial to the school.

January 30, 2013 at 2:44 pm |
    • sam

@Live – discrimination is bad. Feel free to keep saying stupid shit, though.

January 30, 2013 at 2:47 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Live

No. They're bad because they hoard money from congregants while keeping their books secret to avoid paying larger settlements in their pedophile priest cases. They're bad because they discriminate, and want to deny rights to people. They're bad because they shuffle the molesting priests all around the world, and claim persecution when people want to actually hold those priests responsible for their actions. They're bad because they're hypocritical fucks without an ounce of integrity.
      Your little Straw Man is so transparent it's pathetic.

January 30, 2013 at 3:27 pm |
    • Live4Him

@hawaiiguest

You're beginning to lose the ability to have a civil discourse with those of differing opinions. And yet, you claim to have the most rational side of the discussion.

January 30, 2013 at 3:50 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Live

And you, as is usual of you, are not addressing any of the points in my post. How apologist of you. Did you take your lessons from Ray Comfort? It's pretty much the same MO.

January 30, 2013 at 3:54 pm |
    • Live4Him

@hawaiiguest : And you, as is usual of you, are not addressing any of the points in my post.

You didn't raise any points, but just blew off steam. You raised disconnected issues without a direct link to the being discussed. This would be like discussing a gun control issue and bringing up Obama's immigrant views, his foreign policy, Libya, etc. They only connect because they have central source (Obama or RCC). And, you couldn't even do it with blowing an emotional valve.

January 30, 2013 at 4:20 pm |
    • Live4Him

correction: "the being discussed" should read "the issue being discussed"

January 30, 2013 at 4:23 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Live

I was corrected your comment of "So, if their views differ from yours, they are 'bad'. ". I was speaking of not only the catholic school in my first post, but the catholic church as a whole. So my points addressed to the behaviour of the catholic church was directly in the discussion that you popped in to. If you're going to try being a dishonest tool, you might want to get better at it first.

January 30, 2013 at 4:30 pm |
    • sam

Live4Him and December are starting to sound like the same evasive unoriginal Poe.

January 30, 2013 at 4:32 pm |
    • Live4Him

@hawaiiguest : I was speaking of not only the catholic school in my first post, but the catholic church as a whole.

So, you took the discussion off on a tangent. Prior to your post, there wasn't any discussion on this thread on the RCC. And as I've stated previously, I don't defend any organization, only my own statements and the Bible.

January 30, 2013 at 5:23 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Live

Wow you really have no sense of anything that's being said right now do you. Read my post. I started saying the school can do whatever they want, but it will be a PR nightmare given what's out there. Then I went into the overarching church the school is funded by. You then make a Straw Man, and I respond with exactly what's wrong with the people you could only have been talking about given my post. Then again, it seems you didn't even comprehend what my original post said, so I'm not really surprised that you have no idea what you're talking about.

January 30, 2013 at 7:04 pm |
    • myweightinwords

That is not an adequate comparison. This teacher did not change what he was teaching or how he was teaching it. All that changed was his appearance. Nothing else changed. He still did his job exactly as he had for 32 years.

If his job was to teach religion and he changed what he was teaching, I would agree with you. If this was a woman, who for 32 years wore skirts and dresses and kept her hair long, and one day she came to work in a business suit and short hair, would we even be having this discussion?

In what way was he teaching values contrary to the expectations of the parents? His cirriculum did not change. Nothing changed but his appearance. Period.

That is not what you said. The situations are no different. Both involve a dress code of sorts, guidelines on appearance. In the case of the airline it was written policy.

January 31, 2013 at 10:53 am |
  17. that

is one sick sob. it should never had a teaching job to begin with.

January 30, 2013 at 7:29 am |
    • midwest rail

The school obviously disagreed with you – for 32 years.

January 30, 2013 at 7:40 am |
  18. brother

Why is it that LGBT's seem to have this overwhelming need to be so public about their personal decisions? Sure, he might not have received all those accolades from his peers if he had kept it quiet....but after 32 years of teaching, he'd at least still have a job! Hope those pats on the back are worth it and come with a little "green" for t
    he light bill!

January 30, 2013 at 7:26 am |
  19. Rational Libertarian

It's their business why they fired him. Private organizations should not be forced to employ anybody they don't wish to employ.

January 30, 2013 at 1:07 am |
  20. Tom, Tom, the Other One

The strange celibate men behind the Catholic faith think that transgender is icky.

January 29, 2013 at 11:42 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

I know you will be surprised to find out you are wrong Tom. The church simply states that a transgender operation is a superficial surgical process that doe not change a person's canonical status. If you were Baptized male, you are male. If you were Baptized female. You are female. Governments may, of course decide to call day night and night day and they may even require one to wear sunglasses at night and use flashlights at noon.

January 30, 2013 at 11:37 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

"they may even require one to wear sunglasses at night and use flashlights at noon."
      Whereas the Catholic church merely requires ritual drowning and occasional cannibalism, which makes much more sense.

January 30, 2013 at 11:42 am |
    • Bill Deacon

Those accusations have been levied against the Church since the first century Doc. They were as misrepresentative then as they are now.

January 30, 2013 at 12:10 pm |
    • Doc Vestibule

@BIll Deacon
      These are not accusations.
      The catechism of the Catholic faith states quite explicitly:
      " Baptism is necessary for salvation for those to whom the Gospel has been proclaimed and who have had the possibility of asking for this sacrament. God has bound salvation to the sacrament of Baptism"
      Also " the "plunge" into the water symbolizes the catechumen's burial into Christ's death, from which he rises up by resurrection with him, as "a new creature."

This is ritualistic death by drowning, followed by resurrection.

The Council of Trent summarizes the Catholic faith by declaring: "Because Christ our Redeemer said that it was truly his body that he was offering under the species of bread, it has always been the conviction of the Church of God, and this holy Council now declares again, that by the consecration of the bread and wine there takes place a change of the whole substance of the bread into the substance of the body of Christ our Lord and of the whole substance of the wine into the substance of his blood. This change the holy Catholic Church has fittingly and properly called transubstantiation."

Given that their are very specific rites for the consumption of these things which literally become bits and pieces of The Saviour, is it not accurate to describe the Eucharist as "ritual cannibalism" ?

January 30, 2013 at 1:20 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

No. For several reasons. First, cannibals eat what is dead. The Eucharist is the body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ. It is "alive" as it were as Christ is alive. Secondly, Christ is not diminished as a fleshly body would be consumed. More communicants does not equal less Eucharist but more in the sense that the Greek for Eucharist translates into thanksgiving. Thirdly, in cannibalism, one entiity consumes the second. In Eucharist, the communicant consumes the host which then in turn consumes the communicant. We become the Eucharist. We become the body of Christ. It was a hard teaching to accept when Jesus introduced it and some disciples left him over it. I suspect for some it is still difficult but as it was then, it is now. He has the word of life. I thought you were smarter than this Doc but perhaps you are simply antagonizing. Doesn't it grow tiresome for you?

January 30, 2013 at 3:14 pm |
    • Bill Deacon

Ritualistic drowning of the old man, I can go with. Immersion into the water symbolizes the death and lifting out symbolizes the new creation, cleansed of original sin. Thus, we imitate the resurrection of our Lord.

January 30, 2013 at 3:17 pm |
    • ME II

@Bill Deacon,
      This torturous rationalization is almost painful to read.

January 30, 2013 at 3:41 pm |
    • TANK!!!!

"It is "alive" as it were as Christ is alive"

That is a very apt description. Jeebus is as alive as a piece of dry bread.

January 30, 2013 at 3:57 pm |
    • Christian Zombie

"If you were Baptized male, you are male. If you were Baptized female. You are female."

And if you were born a cow, on Friday I will baptize you a fish...

January 30, 2013 at 3:59 pm |
    • sam

So when Jesus turned water into wine, wtf????

January 30, 2013 at 4:31 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

I'm interested too. Why didn't Jesus turn water into blood. After all

"This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth." 1 John 5:6

January 30, 2013 at 9:48 pm |