home
RSS
My Take: What's next for President Obama's 'pastor-in-chief'
February 14th, 2013

My Take: What's next for President Obama's 'pastor-in-chief'

Editor’s note: Joshua DuBois served as director of President Obama’s Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships from 2008 until he stepped down last week.

By Joshua DuBois, Special to CNN

I first heard the name Barack Obama in the summer of 2004 over a half-pound burger and fries on Capitol Hill. I was putting in long hours as a legislative intern for a wily member of Congress between two years of graduate school at Princeton, where I was studying public policy. The pay was meager enough for gas for my beat-up Chevy Blazer and a tiny Craigslist apartment with two guys and a cat. But it was good to be in Washington and have a few months to wrestle with what in the world I was going to do with the rest of my life.

But by the time my internship was ending in late July, I wasn’t any closer to figuring things out. I knew I loved Christ I was an associate pastor at a small Pentecostal church back home and wanted my career to be tied to my faith. I also knew I wanted to help people who were struggling; my grandmother was active in the civil rights movement, and my parents made sure that working for justice and mercy was in my bones. And finally, I knew that I had some serious student loans to pay back. The hard part was figuring out how to balance all three.

Late one day, July 27 to be exact, I walked a couple of blocks to my favorite neighborhood dive, a local spot named the Hawk 'n' Dove. There was always a happy hour special going on at the Hawk, and they showed more Red Sox games than Yankees which, since I'm a Sox fan, was a good thing in my book.

I settled in to enjoy my burger when the place got quiet on me and the Hawk 'n' Dove was never quiet. A man was on television, an Illinois state senator named Barack Obama. And this guy was giving quite a speech.

I put my food down and listened. The state senator touched on many themes I loved themes of justice, of fighting for the vulnerable and sick, of deep love for my country. And then he said, almost out of nowhere: “The pundits, the pundits like to slice and dice our country into red states and blue states: red states for Republicans, blue states for Democrats. But I've got news for them, too. We worship an awesome God in the blue states, and we don't like federal agents poking around our libraries in the red states. We coach Little League in the blue states and, yes, we've got some gay friends in the red states. … We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America."

"We worship an awesome God."

That line hit me in the gut. This young state senator had reminded me of the songs I had sung at Bible camps growing up, arms upraised: “Our God Is An Awesome God.” He reminded me of long nights, struggles with homelessness and poverty and desperation that I had experienced over the years, and the power of pure worship to shout down life’s loudest dins. He reminded me that the grace I had felt since I became a Christian felt so fully and so purely was not relegated to one party or another, to a red state or a blue state, but instead was available to all who sought it. “We worship an awesome God in the blue states.”

I had to work for this guy.

And so, with no inside connections, I set about doing just that. Fortunately for me, Obama and the people around him folks like Pete Rouse, Valerie Jarrett, Denis McDonough, Melody Barnes, Michael Strautmanis, and Chris Lu valued results more than reputation, and saw the need to engage people of faith in the public square. So they took a shot on me. I am grateful they did, because it has been an amazing ride ever since.

As U.S. Sen. Obama’s adviser on faith issues on Capitol Hill, as candidate Obama’s religious affairs director on his 2008 campaign, and as President Obama’s director of the White House faith-based initiative, I have had the honor of seeing firsthand the life and heart of a president who cares deeply about his country, his family and his God, in times of prayer, conversation and diligent work. I’ve also been able to manage the White House faith-based office, leading a phenomenal team that expanded partnerships with faith-based and nonprofit groups around the country.

Over the last four years, we’ve dealt with our fair share of challenging issues, and played a role in some of the country’s most contentious debates. But more than anything, we’ve been able to marshal and amplify the extraordinary kindness of millions of Americans: religious and secular groups who are putting it on the line every day, expanding opportunity and dignity to those who need help most.

After this amazing journey, I am leaving the White House to serve in a few new ways.

First, with my friends at HarperOne, I am writing a book of daily devotionals based on the meditations I send Obama each morning. I’m honored that the president has said these reflections have been helpful to him, and excited to share a selection of these thoughts with all kinds of leaders around the country.

Second, with Michael Wear, the 2012 Obama campaign religious affairs director, and a few other dear friends, we will soon launch a new social enterprise, Values Partnerships. Values Partnerships will help public, private and nonprofit organizations bring to scale powerful, measurable partnerships with the faith community that solve big challenges, from improving public health to expanding financial literacy to reducing recidivism. We’ll also help leaders in the church and faith-based nonprofits navigate the public square around them, based on our experiences over the years.

Finally, I’m looking forward to teaching, speaking and writing about life at the intersection of religion and politics, particularly focusing on how believers can live their faith powerfully in the world. Through trial and error, I have a few lessons to share on that point, and many still to learn.

Words can’t express the gratitude I feel for a president and first lady who love so deeply and express that love through service, and for a team of current and former officials who have embraced the importance of people of faith in American life.

And as a committed African-American Pentecostal, I never thought I could become such dear friends with so many in the faith community Christians and Muslims, Hindus and Jews, conservatives and liberals, Republicans and Democrats who care first about God, and second about their neighbors, and seek to live this care out into the world. I would hope to honor those friendships, continue to serve this good president, and let my life and work be a song of worship in the exciting days ahead.

- Dan Merica

Filed under: Barack Obama • Belief

1. One one

How unfortunate that our president believes in juju.

March 10, 2013 at 9:24 am |
  2. Blogifer

The objective of a Christian is to be like Christ.

March 10, 2013 at 7:22 am |
    • sam stone

Give up all their possessions? Stop eating swine? Wander around the desert with 12 guys?e Claim our daddy is god?

March 13, 2013 at 9:00 am |
  3. A Reasoner

Whether we are trying to protect your most particular religion or our democracy, we should not tolerate governmental advancement of religion. Given the many, many varieties of christianity alone, the odds are you're paying to promote religious ideas you don't really accept. And given the growth rates of competing religions, the "faith-based" governmental programs may not be christian. Let the delusional compete in their own free market with their own ill-gotten gains.

March 9, 2013 at 7:20 pm |
  4. P. Morgan

Obama is the most religion confused president we have ever had...

March 6, 2013 at 3:14 pm |
    • One one

That's because he is a non-believer pretending to be a believer for political purposes.

March 10, 2013 at 9:45 am |
    • sam stone

You have proof of this? If so, provide it.

March 13, 2013 at 9:01 am |
  5. Ruby

Would it be possible if you could get god on Fox so that us atheist could get a good look at him?

March 4, 2013 at 9:31 pm |
  6. jehovah

Atheists like attacking religious folk, lets not disappoint and give then a holy war..

March 4, 2013 at 9:43 am |
    • hawaiiguest

Having fun troll?

March 4, 2013 at 9:33 pm |
    • Felix Sinclair

I like mocking hypocritical dimwits. It's not my fault many of them are religious.

March 6, 2013 at 2:10 pm |
    • One one

Have you not already archived victory? Your god sends us all to hell to burn forever. Or so you believe.

March 10, 2013 at 9:27 am |
  7. jehovah

BURN THE HEATHENS BUSINESSES ,CRUSH THEM UNDERFOOT......

March 4, 2013 at 9:20 am |
    • Religion is not healthy for children nor any living thing

I agree! Let's start with the Westboro Baptist Nazis and destroy their business of bigotry and hatred! That would be a good start.

March 21, 2013 at 3:55 pm |
  8. jehovah

Obama needs to cull the atheists, and restore integrity to america.

March 4, 2013 at 9:07 am |
    • Religion is not healthy for children nor any living thing

Don't you mean "organize" the atheists? That would be, by far, the BEST way we could restore integrity to this nation!

March 21, 2013 at 4:00 pm |
  9. Banjo Ferret

Obama needs a Ferretian priest and all will be okay. Tim the Destroyer of Worlds is cuddly kind and terrifyingly evil. He will keep our leaders in check and make the world a better place before He destroys it. Ferretianism is the one true religion. The end is nigh! Repent! (banjoferret d c)

March 4, 2013 at 8:19 am |
  10. Justician

The belief I fnd most strongly reinforced by a reading of the "belief" blogs is that atheists are obnoxius. Their aparent lack of civility makes them unqualified to provide leadership in a diverse culture and I'm glad we still have a presiden who at least pretends for our benefit. As to Obama's pastor, if Reverend Wright can be a cautionary tale, I'm sure the undercarriage of a bus will be what's next for him depending on what "evolution" the sequester in chief's opinions undedrgo next.

March 3, 2013 at 8:28 pm |
    • One one

What could be more obnoxious than preaching that people who don't believe as you do will be sent to hell to burn forever ?

March 10, 2013 at 9:41 am |
    • Religion is not healthy for children nor any living thing

Let's see, YOU think that anyone who does not believe EXACTLY what YOU believe will be burned in a lake of fire forever for being an evil follower of Satan. Yeah, that sounds REAL "civil", huh? Right...

March 21, 2013 at 4:05 pm |
  11. Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things

Prayer changes things .

February 18, 2013 at 7:24 am |
    • Science

The END IS NEAR and HERE !!! Facts work Best for children.

A War Without End, With Earth's Carbon Cycle Held in the Balance

Feb. 13, 2013 — The greatest battle in Earth's history has been going on for hundreds of millions of years – it isn't over yet – and until now no one knew it existed, scientists reported Feb. 13 in the journal Nature.

Peace

February 18, 2013 at 7:29 am |
    • Jesus

The statistical studies from the nineteenth century and the three CCU studies on prayer are quite consistent with the fact that humanity is wasting a huge amount of time on a procedure that simply doesn’t work. Nonetheless, faith in prayer is so pervasive and deeply rooted, you can be sure believers will continue to devise future studies in a desperate effort to confirm their beliefs!~

February 18, 2013 at 8:33 am |
    • Saraswati

Jesus, the definition of liar almost always includes the *intentional* telling of falsehoods. Unless you really think this person is intentionally telling a falsehood you are inaccurate. If they are doing it unintentionally, then by your own definition you are now "lying". Either way, shouting "LIAR" at people in capital letters just makes you look like as much of a nut as the OP, and frankly angry and irrational enough to be scary.

February 18, 2013 at 8:37 am |
    • Really?

"Unless you really think this person is intentionally telling a falsehood you are inaccurate."

"Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things"
      This is inaccurate wouldn't you agree? Especially when the data shows that atheists tend to have happier and healthier marriages than conservative Christians.

February 19, 2013 at 8:35 am |
    • Science

Better inspiration for life than your fairy in the sky

Icy Cosmic Start for Amino Acids and DNA Ingredients

25,000 light years from EARTH No god(s) required

Peade

March 2, 2013 at 6:07 am |
    • frankb2910

I'd like to leave a quote from Sam Harris' book

“In fact, "atheism" is a term that should not even exist. No one ever needs to identify himself as a "non-astrologer" or a "non-alchemist." We do not have words for people who doubt that Elvis is still alive or that aliens have traversed the galaxy only to molest ranchers and their cattle. Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make in the presence of unjustified religious beliefs.”
      ― Sam Harris, Letter to a Christian Nation

March 2, 2013 at 5:12 pm |
    • coolmom9

Did no one read the article? Why all the foolish religious debate? Comment on the article.

Wondering how the things Prez Obama supports, abortion, mandated killing of abortion survivors, gay marriage, redistribution of wealth, jive with the bible he quotes and the god he says he serves?

Not trying to criticize, just wondering how he puts his actions and his beliefs from the book he says he reads together.

March 3, 2013 at 1:30 am |
    • Matt

"Atheism is not healthy for children and other living things" spams CNN with the same ridiculous line regardless of the topic of the article it is spamming. It is pointless trying to argue logic with internet spam. You just have to ignore it.

March 3, 2013 at 6:12 pm |
    • One one

How is praying for world peace working out for you ?

March 10, 2013 at 9:32 am |
  12. Dave8582

Jesus was an urban legend. There is not one shred of evidence that an actual Jesus, as reported in the Gospels, ever existed. Jesus the janitor? Maybe, but not Jesus the Messiah.

Cheers!

February 17, 2013 at 1:27 pm |
    • Kitana

speak for yourself...

February 17, 2013 at 1:53 pm |
    • ..

He just did.

February 17, 2013 at 3:53 pm |
  13. Simon says

Simon says: All you libtards can kiss @&#%. What you going to do when Obama's reign of BS ends.

February 17, 2013 at 9:50 am |
    • ..

Vote Hilary Clinton in, you inbred moron.

February 17, 2013 at 12:46 pm |
    • sam stone

i think they are going to deal with the two hillary administrations....what will you do? may i suggest a tall building or a speeding bus grille?

February 28, 2013 at 7:32 pm |
  14. Reality

Only for the new members of this blog:-–>>>>>

In order to pay down our $16 trillion debt, we need to redirect money used to support/control religions especially the christian and islamic cons and put it towards paying off our financial obligations.

To wit:

Redirecting our funds and saving a lot of "souls" in the process:

Saving 1.5 billion lost Muslims:
    There never were and never will be any angels i.e. no Gabriel, no Islam and therefore no more koranic-driven acts of horror and terror LIKE 9/11.

– One trillion dollars over the next several years as the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan will end.

– Eighteen billion dollars/yr to Pakistan will stop.

– Four billion dollars/yr to Egypt will end.

– 0.5 to 1 billion dollars/yr to Sudan will cease.

Saving 2 billion lost Christians including the Mormons and Joshua DuBois:
    There were never any bodily resurrections and there will never be any bodily resurrections i.e. No Easter, no Christianity!!!

– The Mormon ti-the empire will now become taxable as will all Christian "religions" and evangelical non-profits since there is no longer any claim to being a tax-exempt religion.

– the faith-based federal projects supported by both Bush and Obama will be eliminated saving $385 million/yr and another $2 billion/yr in grants.

– Saving 15.5 million Orthodox followers of Judaism:
    Abraham and Moses never existed.

– Four billion dollars/yr to Israel saved.

– All Jewish sects and non-profits will no longer be tax exempt.

Now all we need to do is convince these 3.5+ billion global and local citizens that they have been conned all these centuries Time for a YouTube,Twitter and FaceBook campaign!!!!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

February 16, 2013 at 2:56 pm |
    • Reality

Oops, sorry for the duplication. Computer glitch.

February 16, 2013 at 2:57 pm |
    • Dianne

Your "name", reality, is so far from truth...and truth is what people need to hear. Don't tell me Jesus is not real, that He is not the Messiah, for you are wrong. That is your opinion sir, and you can certainly voice that, but it is not "reality".

February 17, 2013 at 5:37 pm |
    • End Religion

Dianne, sorry, no jeebus. But I realize needing to believe, praying, all that jazz is your coping mechanism for the fact we live alone in a cold universe. Just know you don't need all that imaginary buddy stuff. Love the folks around you, stop being judgmental, and get on with making the planet better for mankind in the here and now.

February 17, 2013 at 5:44 pm |
    • Reality

Only for the those interested in a religious update:

1. origin: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20E1EFE35540C7A8CDDAA0894DA404482

“New Torah For Modern Minds

Abraham, the Jewish patriarch, probably never existed. Nor did Moses. The entire Exodus story as recounted in the Bible probably never occurred. The same is true of the tumbling of the walls of Jericho. And David, far from being the fearless king who built Jerusalem into a mighty capital, was more likely a provincial leader whose reputation was later magnified to provide a rallying point for a fledgling nation.

Such startling propositions – the product of findings by archaeologists digging in Israel and its environs over the last 25 years – have gained wide acceptance among non-Orthodox rabbis. But there has been no attempt to disseminate these ideas or to discuss them with the laity – until now.

The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, which represents the 1.5 million Conservative Jews in the United States, has just issued a new Torah and commentary, the first for Conservatives in more than 60 years. Called "Etz Hayim" ("Tree of Life" in Hebrew), it offers an interpretation that incorporates the latest findings from archaeology, philology, anthropology and the study of ancient cultures. To the editors who worked on the book, it represents one of the boldest efforts ever to introduce into the religious mainstream a view of the Bible as a human rather than divine docu-ment. “
      prob•a•bly
      Adverb: Almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.

2. Jesus was an illiterate Jewish peasant/carpenter/simple preacher man who suffered from hallucinations (or “mythicizing” from P, M, M, L and J) and who has been characterized anywhere from the Messiah from Nazareth to a mythical character from mythical Nazareth to a ma-mzer from Nazareth (Professor Bruce Chilton, in his book Rabbi Jesus). An-alyses of Jesus’ life by many contemporary NT scholars (e.g. Professors Ludemann, Crossan, Borg and Fredriksen, ) via the NT and related doc-uments have concluded that only about 30% of Jesus' sayings and ways noted in the NT were authentic. The rest being embellishments (e.g. miracles)/hallucinations made/had by the NT authors to impress various Christian, Jewish and Pagan sects.

The 30% of the NT that is "authentic Jesus" like everything in life was borrowed/plagiarized and/or improved from those who came before. In Jesus' case, it was the ways and sayings of the Babylonians, Greeks, Persians, Egyptians, Hitt-ites, Canaanites, OT, John the Baptizer and possibly the ways and sayings of traveling Greek Cynics.

earlychristianwritings.com/

For added "pizzazz", Catholic theologians divided god the singularity into three persons and invented atonement as an added guilt trip for the "pew people" to go along with this trinity of overseers. By doing so, they made god the padre into god the "filicider".

Current RCC problems:

Pedophiliac priests, an all-male, mostly white hierarchy, atonement theology and original sin!!!!

2 b., Luther, Calvin, Joe Smith, Henry VIII, Wesley, Roger Williams, the Great “Babs” et al, founders of Christian-based religions or combination religions also suffered from the belief in/hallucinations of "pretty wingie thingie" visits and "prophecies" for profits analogous to the myths of Catholicism (resurrections, apparitions, ascensions and immacu-late co-nceptions).

Current problems:
      Adulterous preachers, pedophiliac clerics, "propheteering/ profiteering" evangelicals and atonement theology,

February 17, 2013 at 10:11 pm |
    • sam stone

dianne: and you are speaking your opinion, to

February 18, 2013 at 7:14 am |
    • sam stone

to = too

February 18, 2013 at 7:15 am |
    • sam stone

dianne: and all you are doing is voicing your opinion, just like those you criticize

February 28, 2013 at 7:35 pm |
  15. Reality

Only for the new members of this blog:-–>>>>>

To wit:

Redirecting our funds and saving a lot of "souls" in the process:

Saving 1.5 billion lost Muslims:

– Eighteen billion dollars/yr to Pakistan will stop.

– Four billion dollars/yr to Egypt will end.

– 0.5 to 1 billion dollars/yr to Sudan will cease.

Saving 2 billion lost Christians including the Mormons and Joshua DuBois:

– Saving 15.5 million Orthodox followers of Judaism:
    Abraham and Moses never existed.

– Four billion dollars/yr to Israel saved.

– All Jewish sects and non-profits will no longer be tax exempt.

February 16, 2013 at 2:54 pm |
    • Freespeak

Convince brainwashed cult members they are brainwashed? You are quite the optimist.
      I enjoy being right, but how do you make someone realize they are wrong if they have been brainwashed?
      It's not a rational process, so rationalizing does not work.
      They are virtually unable to face any fact or truth that contradicts what is in their heads. No matter how clear or true, if it contradicts their programming, they are programmed to respond to that as well in some way. Each cult and individual is different. Only if they have the mental freedom and tools to understand real problems in the real world will they be faced with the dichotomy of their abilities versus the programming and how far from reality it is oriented. Ohnevermind.

February 16, 2013 at 3:45 pm |
    • Big Shiz

You atheist extremists are cult members too.

February 16, 2013 at 10:27 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Another idiot pipes up.

There's no "cult" of atheism, bozo. Atheists don't believe in a god. That's all there is to it.

Do you think people who don't play golf belong to a "cult" of agolfism?

February 16, 2013 at 10:29 pm |
    • Big Shiz

Your just as fanatic as a cult,especially you tom tom.

February 17, 2013 at 2:43 am |
    • End Religion

More exquisite intelligence from Big Shiz, fount of all Neanderthal knowledge.

February 17, 2013 at 3:06 am |
    • Reality

To assist in the deprogramming process:

From the studies of Armstrong, Rushdie, Hirsi Ali, Richardson and Bayhaqi----–

The Five Steps To Deprogram 1400 Years of Islamic Myths:

( –The Steps take less than two minutes to finish- simply amazing, two minutes to bring peace and rationality to over one billion lost souls- Priceless!!!)

Are you ready?

Using "The 77 Branches of Islamic "faith" a collection compiled by Imam Bayhaqi as a starting point. In it, he explains the essential virtues that reflect true "faith" (iman) through related Qur’anic verses and Prophetic sayings." i.e. a nice summary of the Koran and Islamic beliefs.

The First Five of the 77 Branches:

"1. Belief in Allah"

aka as God, Yahweh, Zeus, Jehovah, Mother Nature, etc. should be added to your self-cleansing neurons.

"2. To believe that everything other than Allah was non-existent. Thereafter, Allah Most High created these things and subsequently they came into existence."

Evolution and the Big Bang or the "Gi-b G-nab" (when the universe starts to recycle) are more plausible and the "akas" for Allah should be included if you continue to be a "crea-tionist".

"3. To believe in the existence of angels."

A major item for neuron cleansing. Angels/de-vils are the mythical creations of ancient civilizations, e.g. Hitt-ites, to explain/define natural events, contacts with their gods, big birds, sudden winds, protectors during the dark nights, etc. No "pretty/ug-ly wingy thingies" ever visited or talked to Mohammed, Jesus, Mary or Joseph or Joe Smith. Today we would classify angels as f–airies and "tin–ker be-lls". Modern de-vils are classified as the de-mons of the de-mented.

"4. To believe that all the heavenly books that were sent to the different prophets are true. However, apart from the Quran, all other books are not valid anymore."

Another major item to delete. There are no books written in the spirit state of Heaven (if there is one) just as there are no angels to write/publish/distribute them. The Koran, OT, NT etc. are simply books written by humans for humans.

Prophets were invented by ancient scribes typically to keep the un-educated masses in line. Today we call them for-tune tellers.

Prophecies are also invali-dated by the natural/God/Allah gifts of Free Will and Future.

"5. To believe that all the prophets are true. However, we are commanded to follow the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings
      be upon him) alone."

Mohammed spent thirty days "fasting" (the Ramadan legend) in a hot cave before his first contact with Allah aka God etc. via a "pretty wingy thingy". Common sense demands a neuron deletion of #5. #5 is also the major source of Islamic vi-olence i.e. turning Mohammed's "fast, hunger-driven" hallu-cinations into horrible reality for unbelievers.

Walk these Five Steps and we guarantee a complete recovery from your Islamic ways!!!!

Unfortunately, there are not many Muslim commentators/readers on this blog so the "two-minute" cure is not getting to those who need it. If you have a Muslim friend, send him a copy and help save the world.

Analogous steps are available at your request for deprogramming the myths of Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and Paganism..

February 17, 2013 at 7:12 am |
    • Reality

للمساعدة في عملية deprogramming:

من دراسات ارمسترونغ، رشدي، علي هيرسي، والبيهقي ريتشاردسون ----–

الخطوات الخمس لأبطل تأثير الخرافات من 1400 سنة الإسلامي:

(-اتخاذ خطوات أقل من دقيقتين إلى دقيقة، والانتهاء ببساطة مذهلة-سنتين إلى إحلال السلام والعقلانية لأكثر من مليار نسمة، فقد لا تقدر بثمن!)

هل أنت مستعد؟

استخدام "الفروع الإسلامية 77 من" الإيمان "مجموعة الإمام البيهقي جمعتها كنقطة انطلاق. في ذلك، وهو ما يفسر الفضائل الأساسية التي تعكس صحيح" الإيمان "(إيمان) من خلال الآيات القرآنية وأحاديث نبوية ذات الصلة." أي ملخصا لطيفة من المعتقدات الإسلامية والقرآن الكريم.

والخمسة الأولى من الفروع 77:

"1، والإيمان بالله"

وينبغي أن يضاف الملقب كما الله، الرب، زيوس، الرب، الطبيعة الأم، وما إلى ذلك لالخلايا العصبية الذاتية التطهير الخاص.

"2. وإذا ما تصورنا أن كل شيء غير الله كان غير موجود. بعد ذلك، خلق الله العلي هذه الأمور لاحقا وجاء إلى حيز الوجود."

التطور والانفجار الكبير أو "غي ب G-NAB" (عندما يبدأ الكون لإعادة تدوير) هي أكثر قبولا وينبغي إدراج "المندرجة" في سبيل الله إذا كنت لا تزال تشكل "CREA-tionist".

"3. إلى الاعتقاد في وجود الملائكة".

A بندا رئيسيا لتطهير الخلايا العصبية. الملائكة / دي vils-الإبداعات الأسطورية هي من الحضارات القديمة، على سبيل المثال Hitt خائبي، لشرح / تحديد الأحداث الطبيعية، والاتصالات مع آلهتهم، والطيور الكبيرة، والرياح المفاجئة، وحماة في ليالي الظلام، وما إلى ذلك لا "جميلة / UG-لاي ثينجيس افسح المجال ل" أو بزيارة أي وقت مضى تحدث إلى محمد، يسوع، مريم أو جوزيف سميث أو جو. اليوم سوف نصنف الملائكة كما airies-F و "كير القصدير يكون LLS-". وتصنف الحديثة دي vils كما دي مونس هيئة اجتثاث mented.

"4. إذا ما تصورنا أن جميع الكتب السماوية التي تم إرسالها إلى الأنبياء مختلفة صحيحا، ولكن بصرف النظر عن القرآن الكريم، كل الكتب الأخرى غير صالحة بعد الآن."

آخر بندا رئيسيا في حذفها. لا توجد كتب في ولاية روح السماء (إن وجد) كما لا توجد الملائكة لكتابة / نشر / توزيعها. القرآن، OT، NT وما هي ببساطة كتب من قبل البشر للبشر.

اخترعت من قبل الأنبياء الكتبة القديمة عادة للحفاظ على الجماهير من الامم المتحدة والمتعلمين في الصف. اليوم ونحن ندعو لهم مقابل لحن فرز الأصوات.

كما نبوءات invali مؤرخة من قبل الهدايا الطبيعية / الله / الله من الإرادة الحرة والمستقبل.

"5. لنعتقد أن جميع الأنبياء صحيحة، ولكن ونحن أمرنا اتباع النبي محمد (عليه الصلاة والسلام
      صلى الله عليه وسلم) وحده. "

قضى محمد ثلاثين يوما "الصيام" (أسطورة رمضان) في كهف الساخن قبل لقاءه الأول مع الله ويعرف أيضا باسم الله وما إلى ذلك من خلال "افسح المجال ل ثينغي جميلة". الحس السليم يتطلب حذف الخلايا العصبية من رقم 5. # 5 هو أيضا المصدر الرئيسي للالاسلامي VI-olence أي تحول محمد "سريع والجوع يحركها" hallu-cinations إلى واقع فظيع لغير المؤمنين.

المشي هذه الخطوات الخمس ونحن نضمن انتعاش الكامل من طرقك الإسلامية!!

للأسف، لا توجد العديد من المعلقين مسلم / القراء على هذا بلوق لذلك "لمدة دقيقتين" هو عدم الحصول على علاج لأولئك الذين في حاجة إليها. إذا كان لديك صديق مسلم، وإرسال نسخة منه وتساعد في إنقاذ العالم.

خطوات مماثلة متوفرة في طلبك للحصول على deprogramming الأساطير المسيحية واليهودية والبوذية والهندوسية والوثنية ..

February 17, 2013 at 7:16 am |
    • angel

Jesus doesn't need our opinion about him. He doesn't care if you accept the fact the he came to earth, died and rosed from the grave. Whether one believe or not is not important to his purpose for coming to save humanity. Jesus said he would return one day and it does not matter whether you believe it or not.

March 4, 2013 at 9:34 am |
  16. Sam Yaza

why do we have a pastor in chief, why not a shaman in chief, or Witch in chief? oh that's right the whole christian take over....government should not involved in religion. period it alienates citizens

February 16, 2013 at 2:36 pm |
  17. Moby Schtick

A person has the right to get rid of a part of their body that exists because they are giving it life.

Christians say that god has the right to do anything he wants with any human because he is the one giving and sustaining life and he is mightier than we are. Okay. By that same argument the woman giving and sustaining life can eliminate it for the same reasons. If god wants to intervene he can, but he doesn't seem to care.

February 16, 2013 at 2:28 pm |
    • Simon says

Simon says: You're a complete idiot!

February 17, 2013 at 9:45 am |
    • ..

Simon, you really shouldn't comment on something you will never have any personal knowledge of: women.

February 17, 2013 at 12:50 pm |
  18. TeaPatriot

Prez Hussein should choose an imam from Saudi if he were really being true to his heart

February 16, 2013 at 2:07 pm |
    • midwest rail

Trolling should never be this unimaginative.

February 16, 2013 at 2:08 pm |
    • Observer

Grow up.

February 16, 2013 at 2:09 pm |
    • Religion is not healthy for children nor any living thing

And YOU would give up your allegiance to the unpatriotic America-Hating Teabaggers if you actually cared anything about this great Nation!

March 21, 2013 at 4:20 pm |
  19. Observer

Abortion is the intentional death of a fetus to terminate a pregnancy and is LEGAL.

Murder is the killing of another living, breathing, independent human being and is ILLEGAL.

February 16, 2013 at 1:58 pm |
    • Sam Yaza

the fetus is not human, its just a parasite until it breaths its first breath.

Ezekiel 37: 5&6- “Thus says the Lord God to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. And I shall lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the Lord.”

Job 33:4-“The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.”

Genesis 2:7 – the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

February 16, 2013 at 2:45 pm |
    • frankb2910

Sam Yaza. Why are you quoting scripture? We are have a discussion here.

March 2, 2013 at 8:27 pm |
  20. clarity

A quiz specifically designed for SoldierOfStupidity:

1. The general Christian belief is that God snuffed out most people in the so-called Great Flood and any pregnant women's unborn children would have already been determined as sinners by God and therefore justified in His eyes, right?

If #1 is true for your belief, then

2. How as a Christian can you question another Christian who plans to have an abortion if they believe their God has spoken to them and already deemed that their unborn child will be a sinner and that they should have the abortion and let Him take over?

February 16, 2013 at 12:48 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

God would never say such a thing! Oh wait ... there was that thing about Issac.

February 16, 2013 at 12:51 pm |
    • SoldierOfConscience

Its simple

only applied to the great flood.

Doesnt selectively apply to your delusions that the unborn human you are carrying is a sinner. You can never know that anyway. thats between God and him/her.

February 16, 2013 at 2:09 pm |
    • Akira

Precisely. And it is NOT up to you, SOC puppet. It's up to HER. Such hubris.

February 16, 2013 at 2:12 pm |
    • Damocles

@SOC

So, you can never be sure that a deity whispered in a woman's ear 'pssst, hey, hey you, yeah the one carrying that sinner in your belly. Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to get an abortion because, you know, I'm too lazy to perform a miscarriage on you and because I need to have that 'plausible deniability' that I so crave.'

February 16, 2013 at 2:16 pm |
    • Observer

SoldierOfConscience

"it's simple. only applied to the great flood."

Nope. God commanded the deaths of fetuses all the time. Read the Bible.

February 16, 2013 at 2:17 pm |
    • SoldierOfConscience

Akira, what I say is that whether said fetus is a sinner is between fetus and God. Mom cant ever know. was refuting the stupid "quiz" that was put up. So no, its not up to "her". its up to her to NOT carry the being.. once her acts bring the being into this world then its not up to her.

February 16, 2013 at 2:18 pm |
    • Moby Schtick

February 16, 2013 at 2:29 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Yes, SOC it IS up to her. You have no input. None. Stick it up your fundament.

February 16, 2013 at 2:59 pm |
    • Freespeak

Tom Tom is right. How about we hold you down and cut something out of your body against your will? Don't like that now, eh?

February 16, 2013 at 3:27 pm |
    • Akira

No, dear SOC, it is not up to you, it is not up to Christians, it is not up to anyone but the woman making the choice.
      You may certainly rail against it all you want, but the SCOTUS and 83% on the women obtaining abortions who are, in fact, Christian women disagree with you.
      And "yes", it's up to her.

February 16, 2013 at 3:52 pm |
    • Akira

And clarity was refuting YOUR stupid quiz, so I guess it's a draw.

February 16, 2013 at 3:55 pm |
    • clarity

SOC is more stupid day by day. I didn't say she believed on her own that her unborn child would be a sinner; I said she heard her God speak to her and tell her what to to – to abort. Who are you to assume she didn't heard the God of Israel?

February 16, 2013 at 5:23 pm |
    • clarity

Oh – LOL – so SOC claims to know when another Christian hearing their God talk to them is a delusion or not. LMAO!!!!

February 16, 2013 at 5:25 pm |
    • SisterChromatid

Don't aborted babies get to live happily ever after with Jesus in happy land? What if they'd been born an grew up to be atheists... wouldn't they get sent to hell forever and ever and ever? When Andrea Yates killed her kids did she save them from a potential hell? If so,wasn't that a bigger sacrifice than Jesus made– because Jesus KNEW he'd go to heaven– and he only saved children and those who believe in the right magic– Andrea Yates believed she would go to hell for killing her kids, but that she guaranteed their salvation in the process.

Christianity makes no sense whatsoever. I look forward to thee day when people are as private with their magical beliefs as they want those with conflicting faiths to be. I can't even pretend to respect this crazy... and if you believers in supernatural thingies would keep it amongst your own, I won't have to. You'd never have to worry about atheist mockery or atheist signs if you kept your sacred beliefs to yourselves.

March 3, 2013 at 8:47 pm |