home
RSS
February 27th, 2013

Fill in the blank: Jesus is____

(CNN)– Justin Bieber's pastor, Judah Smith, says his book 'Jesus Is" challenges people to have a discussion about who Jesus was.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Christianity • Jesus

soundoff (2,732 Responses)
  1. He is..

ELOHIM......Genesis 1:1, Psalm 19:1
    meaning "God", a reference to God's power and might.

ADONAI......Malachi 1:6
    meaning "Lord", a reference to the Lordship of God.

JEHOVAH–YAHWEH.....Genesis 2:4
    a reference to God's divine salvation.

JEHOVAH-MACCADDESHEM.......Exodus 31:13
    meaning "The Lord thy sanctifier"

JEHOVAH-ROHI......Psalm 23:1
    meaning "The Lord my shepherd"

JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH.......Ezekiel 48:35
    meaning "The Lord who is present"

JEHOVAH-RAPHA.........Exodus 15:26
    meaning "The Lord our healer"

JEHOVAH-TSIDKENU......Jeremiah 23:6
    meaning "The Lord our righteousness"

JEHOVAH-JIREH.........Genesis 22:13-14
    meaning "The Lord will provide"

JEHOVAH-NISSI.........Exodus 17:15
    meaning "The Lord our banner"

JEHOVAH-SHALOM........Judges 6:24
    meaning "The Lord is peace"

JEHOVAH-SABBAOTH......Isaiah 6:1-3
    meaning "The Lord of Hosts"

JEHOVAH-GMOLAH........Jeremiah 51:6
    meaning "The God of Recompense"

EL-ELYON..............Genesis 14:17-20,Isaiah 14:13-14
    meaning "The most high God

EL-ROI................Genesis 16:13
    meaning "The strong one who sees"

EL-SHADDAI............Genesis 17:1,Psalm 91:1
    meaning "The God of the mountains or God Almighty"

EL-OLAM...............Isaiah 40:28-31
    meaning "The everlasting God"

February 28, 2013 at 7:14 pm |
    • He is..

I AM THAT I AM
      I am a father to Israel
      I am a great King
      I am alive for evermore (Jesus)
      I am Alpha and Omega (Jesus)
      I am for you
      I am from above (Jesus)
      I am God
      I am God Almighty
      I am gracious
      I am he
      I am he that comforteth you
      I am he that doth speak
      I am he that liveth, and was dead (Jesus)
      I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts (Jesus)
      I am holy
      I am in the midst of Israel
      I am married unto you
      I am meek and lowly in heart (Jesus)
      I am merciful
      I am the Almighty God
      I am the bread of life (Jesus)
      I am the door (Jesus)
      I am the door of the sheep (Jesus)
      I am the first and the last
      I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob
      I am the God of thy fathers
      I am the good shepherd (Jesus)
      I am the light of the world (Jesus)
      I am the living bread (Jesus)
      I am the LORD
      I am the LORD, and there is none else
      I am the Lord GOD
      I am the LORD in the midst of the earth
      I am the LORD that doth sanctify you
      I am the LORD that healeth thee
      I am the LORD that maketh all things
      I am the LORD that smiteth
      I am the LORD, the God of all flesh
      I am the LORD thy God
      I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt
      I am the LORD thy God that divideth the sea
      I am the LORD thy God which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go
      I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit
      I am the LORD which exercise loving-kindness, judgment, and righteousness
      I am the LORD which hallow you
      I am the LORD, your Holy One
      I am the resurrection, and the life (Jesus)
      I am the root and offspring of David (Jesus)
      I am the Son of God (Jesus)
      I am the vine (Jesus)
      I am the way, the truth, and the life (Jesus)
      I am their inheritance (speaking of the priests)
      I am thy exceeding great reward
      I am thy part and thine inheritance (said to the Levites)
      I am thy salvation
      I am thy Savior
      I am thy shield
      I am with thee
      I am with thee to deliver thee
      I am with thee to save thee
      I am with you alway (Jesus)

February 28, 2013 at 7:17 pm |
    • Jesus is _______

The great I AM

February 28, 2013 at 7:18 pm |
    • sam stone

He is......dead as Dillinger

February 28, 2013 at 7:18 pm |
    • End Religion

Religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt, and I claim that right.
      @4:10
      [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY8fjFKAC5k&w=640&h=390]

February 28, 2013 at 7:42 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

He is
      -just this guy, you know?

February 28, 2013 at 7:43 pm |
    • John

ER, CH can't tell you what you need to know because he's dead.

I can tell you though: God exists.

February 28, 2013 at 11:26 pm |
    • End Religion

....and still, no empirical evidence for your delusional claims.

February 28, 2013 at 11:35 pm |
  2. John

They that deny God, destroy man's nobility; for clearly man is of kin to the beasts by his body, and if he be not of kin to God by his spirit, he is a base and ignoble creature. – Bacon

and I have seen the bacon speak

February 28, 2013 at 7:11 pm |
    • Moby Schtick

Man is noble because of his thoughts, not the existence of some fairy tale being. –Moby Schtick, and I have written the words myself.

February 28, 2013 at 7:14 pm |
    • John

All you atheist and agnostics, you're missing the BEST part of life, the spirit, the Holy Spirit, the connection to God... you're missing out on the best... it's all dust, walking dust without God.

February 28, 2013 at 7:17 pm |
    • sam stone

John: The savior is waiting. Do you have a sidearm?

February 28, 2013 at 7:21 pm |
    • Moby Schtick

Dust is all.

There's MORE of a reason to enjoy life if this is all there is.

February 28, 2013 at 7:21 pm |
    • sam stone

moby: it's always amazing to me that those who see life as a temporary place in anticipation of their heavenly rewards will fight like hell to not go face those heavenly rewards. big mouth blah blah blahs

February 28, 2013 at 7:28 pm |
    • John

You are assuming he isn't there, when all the prophets have told you and others that he is there. I'm telling you right now too, he is there. God exists. He knows you start to finish, birth to death. He can tell you in advance what you'll be doing, and did that multiple times to those described in the bible. God is not just that text in the bible, he's an existing being, all powerful, patience beyond imagination, intelligence and creativity unmatched by anyone, able to pass through time, has a plan that spans all time, and you with a finite mind, can not even begin to comprehend him because you won't bother to do one thing: believe him first.

February 28, 2013 at 7:33 pm |
    • LinCA

@John

You said, "All you atheist and agnostics, you're missing the BEST part of life, the spirit, the Holy Spirit, the connection to God."
      Rational people need gods like fish need bicycles.

I understand that some people have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning without the help of their imaginary friend. I know that rationally evaluating the case for the existence of any god is too much to ask of a lot of people. But just because some are hopelessly incapable of stringing a coherent and rational thought together, doesn't mean nobody can.

You said, "you're missing out on the best"
      If having an imaginary friend is "the best" for you, I pity you. My life is filled with real things.

February 28, 2013 at 7:36 pm |
    • John

Atheists and agnostics are eternally hopeless... literally

February 28, 2013 at 7:39 pm |
    • Bob

Your belief in your unsupportable fairy tales is worse, Cowardly John.

February 28, 2013 at 7:41 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

I'm not sure what you or your bacon mean by "a base and ignoble creature". What we are, John, are this planet's most sophisticated killing machines, hundreds of millions of years in the making (since our ancestors settled that business in the Cambrian radiation). Nothing stands before us. Even Gods are mere products of our imagination.

February 28, 2013 at 7:41 pm |
    • Ken

John is literally stupid.

February 28, 2013 at 7:42 pm |
    • John

LinCA, you think God is some imaginary concept, but he's not. He's like the main connection, and you're missing it. You're really alone without God, and you don't realize it. You put your trust in what science told you, because they left him out of the discussion of his creation. To do that, they offer a "nothing" god and now you worship that god, thinking it made everything and there's nothing beyond what you see... but there is... if you believe first.

February 28, 2013 at 9:39 pm |
    • End Religion

All you need to do is believe, Dorothy. Just click your red Prada slippers three times and chant, "There's no place like Rome. There's no place like Rome. There's no place like Rome."

February 28, 2013 at 9:44 pm |
    • John

ER, God comes up with some very creative proof that he's there, but typically it's over after it happens. The bible accounts are the truth, but for most of them, you have to believe what they said because it's over with, just recorded history. But some stuff is still there waiting... the sun became as black sackcloth of hair... which it did, months ago... and he knew to the day. Incredible... and ignored at the same time... like I told him... they won't listen, they don't listen, because they do NOT want to know you are there... but I do... and I thank you, you are the best... over all eternity... you are the best.

February 28, 2013 at 9:59 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

It seems like you need proof too, John, or at least a sign.

February 28, 2013 at 10:03 pm |
    • clarity

lol@ER

February 28, 2013 at 10:09 pm |
    • John

Tom, God gave you SO MUCH and you ignore all of it. There are are eye witnesses all through the bible. The account is historically accurate. The account was held onto by the Jews over time, they did not forget it. Jesus showed up and against all odds, his followers now amount to 1/3 of 7 billion people on the planet. He said it would start small like a mustard seed and would grow huge like a mustard tree.. he knew, he predicted it, and it came true. The apostle that knew Jesus was telling the truth about himself and God the Father, was the same apostle saying what God showed him of the sun becoming black as sackcloth of hair... which came true months ago... to the day... 2000 years later. That's who you are ignoring. You're ignoring the creator of the universe: God. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob... the only God there is... the best you could ever know.

February 28, 2013 at 10:12 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

John, I'm not ignoring or overlooking your God. I wouldn't spend time here but for the beliefs that people have that should be looked at very carefully. Great harm has been done because of false beliefs. True beliefs can be of incalculable benefit to everyone.

February 28, 2013 at 10:23 pm |
    • LinCA

@John

You said, "LinCA, you think God is some imaginary concept, but he's not."
      Unless you have evidence to suggest it actually exists, there is no reason to believe it does. Without evidence, your god is no more likely than the Tooth Fairy, and a belief in it just as infantile.

You said, "He's like the main connection, and you're missing it. You're really alone without God, and you don't realize it."
      I'm not alone. I'm surrounded by real friends and family, but I no longer have any imaginary friends (the last one left when I was 5 or 6).

You said, "You put your trust in what science told you"
      Here are a few things you very likely use that are only possible because of science:
      – The electronics that you use, including the computer you use to show off your ignorance,
      – The medications that you take,
      – The car that you drive,
      – The house (or the institution) that you live in,
      – The fabrics that make up your clothes,
      – Even the fire to heat your food and your living space.
      If you distrust science so much, why are you using the fruits of it? If you distrust it so much, maybe you should stop using it. Maybe you should go live in a cave.

But I have a question for you. Is it all science that you distrust, just the stuff you can't understand, or only the parts that show that your fairy tale is just that?

You said, "because they left him out of the discussion of his creation."
      Your imaginary friend was removed from the discussion the moment the believers failed to bring a rational argument for its existence. Just like the "theory" of the Easter Bunny farting the universe into existence.

You said, "To do that, they offer a "nothing" god and now you worship that god"
      You really don't get it, do you? I don't worship imaginary beings. I don't even worship real beings.

You said, "thinking it made everything and there's nothing beyond what you see... but there is... if you believe first."
      There you touch on a major part of the problem with your argument. You admit it is circular. If you have to believe first to believe, there is no reason to start believing.

March 1, 2013 at 10:40 am |
  3. Bill Deacon

The tiitle of the book is "Jesus Is". Not "Jesus is ________" It is declarative. But why does the author say it challenges people to think about who Jesus was? Shouldn't it then be tiitled "Jesus Was" or should the challenge be to think about who Jesus is? Or did CNN just muff it with the tiitle and get the quote wrong to boot? The inadequacy of the journalism is only surpassed by the inanity of the blog.

February 28, 2013 at 5:19 pm |

• Jesus is not Catholic

February 28, 2013 at 5:21 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Bill

So instead of thinking that perhaps an author might have more than 1 point to a book, you will assume that the journalists got everything wrong in the 2 sentence description of an attached video.
      You'll literally just grasp at anything won't you?

February 28, 2013 at 5:23 pm |
    • The Truth

"Jesus is ________" is the tatle.

February 28, 2013 at 5:27 pm |
    • Austin

Good point Bill Deacon

February 28, 2013 at 5:31 pm |
    • The Demon Deacon

Bill Deacon
      Jesus was a nice Jewish boy with a gift of the gab. Intressting Billy that the poor journalism and inanity of the blog keeps you coming back. Listen when you author an expose on the RCC pedophile abuse scandal and get CNN to post a review you can demand thay get the ti.tle correct, right.

February 28, 2013 at 5:35 pm |
    • Pope-On-A-Rope Soap

Jesus isn't.

He died and rotted away a long long time ago.

February 28, 2013 at 5:36 pm |
    • There are some who call me . . . Tim?

I truly cannot believe anyone gives a rat's derriere about a fluffy get-rich-quick cash-in sell-out book from a guys whose only claim is that Justin Beiber attends ritual sacrifice there.

February 28, 2013 at 5:45 pm |
  4. Douglas

The pastor's head is pear-shaped.

February 28, 2013 at 4:24 pm |
    • Check

8========D

February 28, 2013 at 4:26 pm |
    • Doobs

That must mean he engages in gay coitus.

February 28, 2013 at 4:27 pm |

..........................\\|//............................
      _______ooO( o o )Ooo____________
      ___|____|__ (_)___|____|____|____|
      8================D

February 28, 2013 at 4:46 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

I know. I just washed it and I can't do a THING with it!

February 28, 2013 at 4:47 pm |
    • Funny Bunny

doogie and Chadie sitting in the tree hee hee haw.

February 28, 2013 at 4:55 pm |
    • Doobs

Now it looks like he's watching a tennis match.

February 28, 2013 at 4:55 pm |
    • he

Tom Tom's husband:
      8=D

February 28, 2013 at 5:13 pm |
    • Terry

Mithra's head is pear-shaped.

February 28, 2013 at 5:29 pm |
    • Terry

Oh look a troll stole my handle. Grow up.

February 28, 2013 at 5:30 pm |
  5. Check

Jesus is :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

February 28, 2013 at 4:22 pm |
  6. Science

The Truth

Read the article sounds about right , Just can not shake the Adam and Eve deal, not good science.

February 28, 2013 at 3:41 pm |
    • The Truth

It is not science, it is an origin story.

February 28, 2013 at 3:44 pm |
    • lol??

You inherited the death switch in your genes. Enjoy bigots.

February 28, 2013 at 3:46 pm |
    • Science

The origin ditch = evolution

Peace

February 28, 2013 at 4:05 pm |
    • Terry

It was Mithra and Eve.

February 28, 2013 at 5:32 pm |
    • Terry

Mithra is the son of God.

What you have to troll and use other peoples handles cause you are losing the argument. Grow up.

February 28, 2013 at 5:32 pm |
  7. lol??

All the myths the A&A's keep bringin' up just shows ya how big a mouth Eve had! bigots

February 28, 2013 at 3:41 pm |
  8. Terry

Mithra is the
    ___________________________________________________________} light and truth

February 28, 2013 at 3:32 pm |
  9. The Truth

Jesus is _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

February 28, 2013 at 3:31 pm |
    • And

My whole screen went tiny now because Jesus love reformatted my screen. It keeps reformatting .

February 28, 2013 at 3:55 pm |
    • Chock

February 28, 2013 at 3:58 pm |
  10. Terry

Mithra loves you this {________________________________________________________________________________
    ___________________________________________________________} much

February 28, 2013 at 3:30 pm |
    • The Truth

Mithra – fully grown man who appeared out of a rock

February 28, 2013 at 3:33 pm |
    • nope

Mithra was born by a virgin in a cave surrounded by shepherds.

February 28, 2013 at 3:35 pm |
    • Not a loonie atheist website

In the myth, Mithras was created prior to the creation of mankind. No people (or shepherds).

February 28, 2013 at 3:42 pm |
  11. The Truth

This ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________} much

February 28, 2013 at 3:29 pm |
    • Quip

Finite minds cannot grasp infinite love although they claim to possess infinite knowledge on all there is to know ;)

February 28, 2013 at 3:32 pm |
    • sam stone

if man's mind is finite, how can can state that infinite love exists?

February 28, 2013 at 5:01 pm |
    • Quip

If a man's mind is finite how can he claim to know that God does not exist?

February 28, 2013 at 5:03 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

It's usual for believers to claim things with amazing implications while having no idea what any of it means.

February 28, 2013 at 5:04 pm |
    • Quip

It is unusual for a non believer to admit his lack of knowledge.

February 28, 2013 at 5:09 pm |
    • In Santa we trust

Quit. If a man's mind is finite how can he claim to know that God does exist?

February 28, 2013 at 5:33 pm |
  12. Atheist

Jesus is_____________ the God that I hate!

February 28, 2013 at 3:23 pm |
    • Agnostic

Jesus is ______a great man!

February 28, 2013 at 3:24 pm |
    • Duh

You can't hate something that doesn't exists.

February 28, 2013 at 3:24 pm |
    • The Truth

Jesus loves you this {___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________} much

February 28, 2013 at 3:27 pm |
    • Milpitas

Then why spend so much time arguing against him? @duh

February 28, 2013 at 3:28 pm |
    • Check

Milpitas
      "Then why spend so much time arguing against him? @duh"

Atheists do not believe that a god or gods exist. Believers, however, DO exist and they are the ones with whom we take issue.

* The original poster @Atheist is a lying impostor. Shame on you.

February 28, 2013 at 3:32 pm |
    • Check

Atheists love you this _ much.

February 28, 2013 at 3:34 pm |
    • Check

@Fake Check,

You inveterate little liar, you.

February 28, 2013 at 3:37 pm |
    • Hey Check!

Not all atheists have issues with believers. Speak for yourself, not others you don't know.

February 28, 2013 at 3:37 pm |
    • Milpitas

February 28, 2013 at 3:37 pm |
    • uhoh

'Not all atheists have issues with believers. Speak for yourself, not others you don't know"

Liar, liar...pants on fire!

February 28, 2013 at 3:39 pm |
    • Check

Hey Check!

What do you think the term "take issue with" means?

February 28, 2013 at 3:41 pm |
    • Atheist

I hate God, although I don not believe in him. Oh wait! that did not even make sense.
      I keep looking for evidence for something I believe does not even exist.

February 28, 2013 at 3:41 pm |
    • Check

Milpitas
      "That original post must have resonated clearly with @check who can speak to its validity."

What "resonates" is the loud clang of a liar.

February 28, 2013 at 3:42 pm |
    • Bob

Atheist-How can you look for evidence for something that you do not believe exists? That wouldn't be an objective pursuit to begin with .

February 28, 2013 at 3:47 pm |
    • Hey Check!

" (believers) are the ones with whom we take issue."

Who is this we? Not all atheists take issue with believers.

February 28, 2013 at 3:49 pm |
    • Atheist

im14 years old and pssed off my mom is making me go to church this sunday. not fair. :( cuz i'm an atheist. w aaaaaaahhhh

February 28, 2013 at 3:51 pm |
    • Check

I told my mom "NO!".

February 28, 2013 at 3:57 pm |

Check
      "I told my mom "NO!"."

More name stealing and lying, eh, little twit?

February 28, 2013 at 4:05 pm |
    • Check

There is nothing in the Terms of Service against this. No rules!

The cashier at the grocery store complimented me today. Turns out she happened to be a Christian. I'm so glad I don't hold resentments against other people – or else I wouldn't have gone to her register.

So happy! :)

February 28, 2013 at 4:20 pm |
    • The Celery Stalks at the Belief Blog

@Phony Check,

TOS:

– You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others;

– You agree not to impersonate any person or ent.ity, including, but not limited to, any CNN employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or ent.ity;

February 28, 2013 at 4:48 pm |
    • Chuckles

dang.

February 28, 2013 at 4:56 pm |
    • Yeah

Rigorously enforced, obviously.

February 28, 2013 at 5:00 pm |
    • The Celery Stalks at the Belief Blog

We banned Akira for harassment and stalking 3 days. You could be next.

February 28, 2013 at 5:12 pm |
    • Terry

Mithra was banned for copying Jesus.

February 28, 2013 at 5:33 pm |
    • Akira

Fuck you, Celery Stalk.

February 28, 2013 at 7:01 pm |
    • End Religion

Oh, I don't know...they should ban me. I steal everyone's handle. I stole Check's, for fuck's sake!

February 28, 2013 at 8:30 pm |
  13. lol??

"1Cr 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?"............. Buzz off, blustering bigots.

February 28, 2013 at 3:17 pm |
  14. hypatia

A real humanitarian, a great entertainer and a close personal friend........

February 28, 2013 at 3:08 pm |
  15. Terry

Everyone gets to meet Mithra

Just a matter of when.

February 28, 2013 at 2:42 pm |
  16. Chad

Everyone gets to meet Jesus

Just a matter of when.

February 28, 2013 at 2:39 pm |
    • Science

Chad is your twin taking a nappie?. (austin)

February 28, 2013 at 2:47 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

Meeting Jesus is about as likely as you debating honestly on this site. Little to no chance whatsoever.

February 28, 2013 at 2:48 pm |
    • sam stone

"Blah, blah. fvcking blah" – Chad

February 28, 2013 at 2:55 pm |
    • Austin

Chad, this is like a free throw, they are boxing out and there is no one there from your team. What did you do ?

February 28, 2013 at 3:04 pm |
    • The Truth

@Science

Sociologist John Evans (University of California, San Diego): Christians know just as much science as the non-religious

February 28, 2013 at 3:19 pm |
    • .

"Austin" who degenerates to:
      "Ronald Regonzo" degenerates to:
      "truth be told" degenerates to:
      "The Truth" degenerates to:
      "Atheism is not healthy ..." degenerates to;
      "Dodney Rangerfield" degenerates to:
      "tina" degenerates to:
      "captain america" degenerates to:
      "Atheist Hunter" degenerates to:
      "just sayin" degenerates to:
      "Chad" degenerates to
      "Thinker23" degenerates to
      "Bob" degenerates to
      "nope" degenerates to:
      "2357" degenerates to:
      "WOW" degenerates to:
      "fred" degenerates to:
      "!" degenerates to:
      "pervert alert"

This troll is not a christian..

February 28, 2013 at 3:23 pm |
    • JWT

Jesus is all yours Chad – the mythical figure is not someone I will ever have to meet. Your religious views do not apply to other people.

February 28, 2013 at 3:24 pm |
    • And

You forgot Robert brown

February 28, 2013 at 3:43 pm |
    • Bob

Chad-Rachel, why doesn't Rachel have a thigh gap?

February 28, 2013 at 3:52 pm |
    • Chad

@JWT "the mythical figure is not someone I will ever have to meet."

=>how do you know that to be true?

February 28, 2013 at 4:10 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Prove it isn't, Chard. You're the one who keeps insisting that one can and must prove a negative. Here's your shot.

February 28, 2013 at 5:25 pm |
    • End Religion

Chad can't debate honestly. That's why we have so much fun tearing his arguments apart.

February 28, 2013 at 8:34 pm |
  17. NGB4M

Misquoted.

February 28, 2013 at 2:39 pm |
    • Robert Brown

come to me and I will give you rest

February 28, 2013 at 2:43 pm |
    • Robert Brown

You must be born again

February 28, 2013 at 2:43 pm |
    • Robert Brown

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind.

February 28, 2013 at 2:47 pm |
    • Robert Brown

“Love others as much as you love yourself.”

February 28, 2013 at 2:47 pm |
    • Terry

All hail Mithra!

You must be born again because he is the only one true Savior and Son of God!

February 28, 2013 at 2:49 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Robert

Still pathetically preaching to the wind I see. It must be so sad to not be able to defend any of your assertions.

February 28, 2013 at 2:49 pm |
    • sam stone

Robert: Does preaching make you feel all godly?

February 28, 2013 at 2:58 pm |
    • Robert Brown

Terry,

I’ve read the mithra stuff. Very weak in my opinion, but it is a free country, so enjoy.

February 28, 2013 at 3:02 pm |
    • Robert Brown

Hawaiiguest,

Definition of PATHETIC credit merriam webster
      1: having a capacity to move one to either compassionate or contemptuous pity
      2: marked by sorrow or melancholy : sad
      3: pitifully inferior or inadequate
      4: absurd, laughable <

I don’t know if you have noticed but you have used this word repeatedly over the last few days, especially when replying to my posts.
      Do you have compassionate pity on me or contemptuous?

February 28, 2013 at 3:03 pm |
    • Robert Brown

Sam,
      NGB4M said Jesus was misquoted. I was just sharing some of my favorite Jesus quotes. Posting on cnn’s belief blog really doesn’t give me any feelings. I post on here just as many believers do, to share my faith. Peace.

February 28, 2013 at 3:06 pm |
    • Honey Badger Dont Care

RB,

So you dont like Mythras? How about Appolonius, Horus, etc. There are a lot of "gods" from that time that were blended together. Nothing original in that myth of jesus.

February 28, 2013 at 3:11 pm |
    • Austin

In the beginning was the word, all things were made through Him.....including Satan. Who started religious mimicry after the fall in genesis before Apollonius and whorus

February 28, 2013 at 3:15 pm |
    • Doobs

@ Robert Brown

It's interesting that there are four definitions, but you only present one as a possible answer to your question. You sure have mad cherry picking skilz.

I'd choose definitions 3 and 4 to describe you.

February 28, 2013 at 3:18 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Robert

I have compassionate pity for the damage religion has done to your mind.
      Contemptuous pity for the bile you constantly spew.
      Contemptuous pity for your unwillingness to engage in anything resemebling a real discussion.
      I find your assertions absurd and laughable, and I find your arrogance absurd.

February 28, 2013 at 3:24 pm |
    • Robert Brown

Honey Badger Dont Care,

I’ve read about those as well and what I really don’t get is how they try to say that they are similar Jesus.

February 28, 2013 at 3:24 pm |
    • Robert Brown

Hawaiiguest,

I appreciate your concern, but I don’t feel damaged in any way and am very happy.

You don’t like the word of God.

You want me to attempt to prove God to you via the belief blog on the internet.

You don’t believe what the word of God says and you think I am arrogant because I do.

Thanks for explaining, I was really wondering about your use of the word pathetic.

February 28, 2013 at 3:32 pm |
    • Come'on'Breal

@hawaiiguest

B.S.

The scary part is you might just be believing your own lies.

February 28, 2013 at 3:54 pm |
    • Come'on'Breal

@Honey Badger Dont Care

The Native Americans had a virgin birth story, too. Did the Christians sail over here and steal that from them, also?

February 28, 2013 at 3:55 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Robert

Actually, I feel you're arrogant because you think that you merely asserting your position should be enough for anyone to just engage in confirmatory bias.

@Come'on

Oh a new troll tag how fun. So tell me troll, what did I post that's a lie?

February 28, 2013 at 4:06 pm |
    • Come'on'Breal

Choosing to come here and choosing to read respond to somebody's post you obviously don't like.

You don't feel pity. You feel superior. You love it. That's why you seek it out.

February 28, 2013 at 4:17 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

And BAtroll, that's obviously SO different from what you're doing, isn't it?

February 28, 2013 at 4:19 pm |
    • Robert Brown

Hawaiiguest,

I apologize for coming across as arrogant, you have no reason to believe it, but that is not my intent at all. A lot of nonverbal communication is lost in a forum like this. I write what I believe and would be happy to discuss what I state with you. I don’t expect you to take what I say as the final authority. At best, I would hope that God could use something I post to generate thought on an unbelievers part. Paul put it like this, one sows, another water’s, but God gives the increase. All a believer can do is sow or water the seed of the word of God. God has to do the work, he has to cause the seed to sprout in your heart and mind. So, no I don’t think I can convince you with what I write, but the discussion could lead you to think about it, someone may add something else, and God could do the most important part. I don’t know why some thoughts reach people and others don’t. I believe God knows, what it is, you need to hear or read to help you.

February 28, 2013 at 4:24 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Come'on

You know, you should probably know some backstory before you make assumptions. I've actually tried to engage Robert in an actual discussion on the existence of god and standards of evidence, and evidence of god. This is not the first time I've responded to Robert. Do you want to know what shows someone thinking their superior? When someone is set and advocating their single denomination of the 30,000+ total in christianity alone as the one true one based on faith and the same bible all the others use. Then saying that all those who don't believe their interpretation will be tortured forever by their god that "loves" them.

February 28, 2013 at 4:26 pm |
    • Penny

Why can't your god get his case through to sincere non-believers? I don't think people should have to try to believe. That doesn't seem honest.

February 28, 2013 at 4:29 pm |
    • Tum, Tum, the Piper's Son

You want somebody to prove God to you on a message board????

February 28, 2013 at 4:30 pm |
    • Penny

A god should be able to prove his existence using any medium. Doesn't seem to be the case.

February 28, 2013 at 4:34 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

Robert, you come across as someone who wants to make a straightforward altar call sort of appeal to people rather than as a defender of the faith or an apologist. The apologists who do come around regularly are kind of disappointing. You can imagine the frustration of those of us who want to get at the truth of how belief in gods and religion works. Intellectual dishonesty is just a tool, maybe the favorite tool, of those apologists.

February 28, 2013 at 4:35 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

No, honey. I am well aware that you idiots can't prove god exists on a message board or anywhere else. What i'd like is for YOU to figure that out and stop pretending you can do it.

February 28, 2013 at 4:41 pm |
    • really/

@Penny

Keep seeking! ;)

February 28, 2013 at 4:42 pm |
    • hawaiiguest

@Robert

And yet, as I've said before, I was a believer, I took 1 Peter 3: 15 seriously, and started to read the bible in it's entirety to better understand god and everything else. I read the apologetics when I had the tought questions, it's just that I didn't accept the fallacious arguments and biases that were required to believe. If your right, and god needs to make it happen, then your god is the reason I'm an atheist, and if there is a hell, then he created the exact situation that would cause him to send me there.

February 28, 2013 at 4:46 pm |
    • Penny

Why should I have to seek? Fsck that noise. If god can't prove himself, well then, nuff o that waste of time.

February 28, 2013 at 4:47 pm |
    • Penny

Robert, I’ve read the Christ stuff. Very weak in my opinion, but it is a free country, so enjoy. Just don't try to make laws from it.

February 28, 2013 at 4:49 pm |
    • really/

@Penny

How would you do it (if you were God)? God gets us all in the end.

February 28, 2013 at 5:04 pm |
    • Austin

Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but He made Himself nothing, taking on the very nature of a servant , being in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled Himself and became obedient to death, even death on a cross.

February 28, 2013 at 5:15 pm |
    • Truths

The hands that created the universe, nailed to boards by his own creation.

And he still forgives.

February 28, 2013 at 5:17 pm |
    • Doobs

@ really/

God gets us all in the end.

Probably not the best choice of words.

February 28, 2013 at 5:17 pm |
    • really/

We all will meet our maker. He receives (gets) us. Will you still reject Him?

February 28, 2013 at 5:20 pm |
    • CrossCountry

@doobs

bahahaha

February 28, 2013 at 5:21 pm |
    • Terry

" And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled Himself and became obedient to death, even death on a cross."

So did Mithra – the real son of God!

February 28, 2013 at 5:23 pm |
    • The Truth

re: Terry

Please post your loonie atheist site you get this from. We could all use a laugh.

February 28, 2013 at 5:25 pm |
    • Terry

geocities.mirthiarevealed.atheist.com/terrybloch

February 28, 2013 at 5:39 pm |
    • Terry

Mithra is the son of God.

February 28, 2013 at 5:41 pm |
    • Terry

Mithra was baptized by John the Baptist.

February 28, 2013 at 5:44 pm |
    • Robert Brown

Hawaiiguest,
      You were a believer and felt it was important to give an answer for your faith. You read, studied, and decided you were wrong. Now you don’t believe in God.

No offense intended, but when you say you were a believer, what was it that you believed? I will assume you believed in God, did you also believe in Jesus? Did you believe you were a sinner in need of a savior? Did you accept the death of Jesus as payment for your sins? Were you born again? Did you have an experience that you can remember, or did you simply believe there was a God? The reason I ask all of this is because people believe all sorts of things. It isn’t up to me whether you were a born again Christian, or not, and you don’t have to reply with your answers, they are more for you to think about, than for me to try to analyze your position as a believer, because even if you answered all of those for me, I still wouldn’t be in a position to decide what you had when you said you were a believer. It is between you and God.

Another thing that comes to my mind when anyone tells me that they use to believe is the parable of the sower. Have you ever considered what Jesus had to say on the subject of losing faith. This is one of the few parables where we get an explanation of the meaning. I am not saying that this is the answer, because there is no way anyone can know what is in another persons heart, but it is worth considering.

From the 8th chapter of Doctor Luke;
      “11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.”
      Verse 11 is very important, the sower is sowing the word of God. The word is not only the written word(the bible), or the preached word(which is the gospel message given by the holy spirit through a pastor) but most importantly, the word of God is Jesus.

“12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.”
      The word goes out but a person never gets it, the devil keeps them from even considering it. They flatly reject it.

“13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.”
      They hear, receive, and even believe, but they fall away. They lose their faith. They have no root, their faith is weak. Temptation here could be most anything apart from God. There are 3 enemies to the believer, the devil, the flesh, and the world. Temptation can come from any of those sources. You basically said you thought and studied your way from faith. This makes me think you could have yielded to the temptation of the flesh. If a persons faith isn’t strong, they could be thinking with their human natural mind, apart from the holy spirit of God. God promises to teach us through his holy spirit. If someone yields to the flesh and reasons without the help of God’s holy spirit, they come to incorrect conclusions on spiritual matters. If they resist the flesh and yield to the spirit, God helps them understand spiritual things.

“14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.”
      These hear but it doesn’t say they receive or believe. They hear it, but they are more concerned with, overcome by, or consumed with, the things of the flesh and the world.

Regardless of why, I honestly believe that God will forgive you and take you back, or save you and make you a child of God, whatever the case may be.

February 28, 2013 at 10:07 pm |
  18. NGB4M

Someone few would believe in if his story were being told today (or if it was reported to be happening today).
    Not coming back.
    A curse word.

February 28, 2013 at 2:33 pm |
  19. Better Taste

Justin Beiber is ... cheesy, stinky, boring, and propped up by marketing koolaid that stupid people drink up.

February 28, 2013 at 2:28 pm |
  20. NGB4M

Remembered once or twice a year by most. The reason for the catholic church, the Lutheran church, the baptist church, the pentacostals, the Jehovah's witnesses, the Mormons, the Presbyterians, the Amish, the Orthodox church, the Wesboro baptist church, the Anglican church etc. The reason for Jim jones, pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Jim and Tammy Faye Baker and so on.

February 28, 2013 at 2:27 pm |