home
RSS
May 17th, 2013

Pat Robertson shrugs off adultery, CBN regrets the misunderstanding

By Eric Marrapodi, Co-Editor CNN Belief Blog

(CNN) - The Christian Broadcasting Network regrets the misunderstanding. Again.

Pat Robertson, the network's 83-year-old founder, was not condoning adultery when he answered a viewer's quesion on "The 700 Club" this week, the network said.

The viewer said she was having difficulty forgiving her husband for cheating. Robertson said the “secret” was to “stop talking about the cheating. He cheated on you. Well, he’s a man. OK.”

Robertson went on to suggest the woman focus on why she had married her husband and whether he provided for her needs and those of their children, adding, “Is he handsome? Start focusing on these things and essentially fall in love all over again.”

“Males have a tendency to wander a little bit. And what you want to do is make a home so wonderful he doesn’t want to wander.”

CBN spokesman Chris Roslan wrote in a statement that Robertson’s “intent was not to condone infidelity or to cast blame. We regret any misunderstanding."

Robertson off-the-cuff comments over the years have perplexed and angered other Christian leaders. One Christian pastor said his New Year’s resolution was to not comment on Robertson’s gaffes for an entire year.

Here are some of Robertson's most memorable statements:

1. The U.S. should kill Chavez

In 2005 Robertson suggested the United States should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don’t need another $200 billion war to get rid of one strong-arm dictator. It’s a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with,” he said in a segment about the now-deceased head of state.

After considerable outcry, the minister backtracked and released a statement saying, “Is it right to call for assassination? No, and I apologize for that statement. I spoke in frustration that we should accommodate the man who thinks the U.S. is out to kill him."

A U.S. State Department official called the remarks "inappropriate."

2. How bad is weed, really?

Robertson, who once ran for president as a Republican, broke ranks with religious conservatives by endorsing the legalization of marijuana. "I believe in working with the hearts of people, and not locking them up," he said in a 2010 broadcast of "The 700 Club."

Cue spokesman Chris Roslan, who wrote, “Pat has never condoned the use of, nor does he use, marijuana.”

3. You know who’s to blame for that earthquake in Haiti? Haitians.

Shortly after a 2010 earthquake in Haiti left more than 220,000 people dead and Port-au-Prince decimated, Robertson referenced a slave revolt in 1804, where, legend has it, the Haitian slaves made a deal with the devil to shake off French colonialism.

"And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, 'We will serve you if you will get us free from the French.' True story. And so the devil said, 'OK, it's a deal,'" Robertson said one day after the quake.

"You know, the Haitians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other."

That day CBN quickly clarified: “Dr. Robertson never stated that the earthquake was God’s wrath. If you watch the entire video segment, Dr. Robertson’s compassion for the people of Haiti is clear.” In fact, while Robertson was talking about Haiti on TV, his charitable arm Operation Blessing was already on the ground providing medical treatment, food, and supplies to victims.

4. Gay days = hurricanes and possibly meteors

In June 1998, after Walt Disney World announced it would have special days for gay and lesbian families in Orlando, and city officials announced they would fly rainbow flags in support of the event, Robertson warned the city, "You're right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you."

Robertson told the Orlando Sentinel at the time that his comments were taken out of context and released a full transcript of what he said on the show:

“So if the United States wants to embrace 'degrading passions' - according to the Bible, something that the Bible says is an abomination against God - we're not in any way, shape or form hating anybody. This is not a message of hate; this is a message of redemption. But if a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation; if it will bring about terrorist bombs; if it'll bring about earthquakes, tornadoes and possibly a meteor, it isn't necessarily something we ought to open our arms to. And I would warn Orlando that you're right in the way of some serious hurricanes and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you."

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Belief • Christianity

soundoff (2,964 Responses)
  1. Observer

The real Tom,

For the record, are you an agnostic or just not saying?

May 18, 2013 at 8:51 pm |

I'm not saying. I am a woman of mystery. 😉

May 18, 2013 at 8:54 pm |
    • mama k

What makes little sense is that even if Tom had said she was an atheist (without any other modifier), then an answer to 'what happens after death?' of 'I don't know' should still not be a surprise to Chad. I'm sure he knows that mainstream atheism does not make knowledge claims about the unknown, but merely has disbelief in primary theistic claims. No matter how reasonable the answer 'I don't know' is to a question regarding theism vs. atheism, it is always something Chad ignores as if that option doesn't exist (and by ignoring, he never has to admit such options exist). I do know there is an occasional high atheist (that I have also debated) that will make hard claims to questions such as afterlife, but this in not the norm even here in the BB I believe. I'm sure Chad is aware of this. And I'll also say that the high atheist shares that contempt for the 'I don't know' answers that often are the best based on current knowledge.

May 18, 2013 at 9:10 pm |

What mama said.

The Vegetable is all about proclaiming. Doesn't matter what the substance of the proclamation is for the Chard; just that one is made. He will not countenance the "I don't know" stance and has so stated many times. Too bad. It's the only honest point of view in my opinion.

Your mileage may vary.

May 18, 2013 at 9:13 pm |
  2. myweightinwords

Pat Robertson has long come across as insincere and a muffin short of a bakery, and honestly, this latest blunder doesn't really come across as a surprise. I know others of his generation who believe that the woman is responsible if the man wanders.

The truth is, we aren't really a monogamous race. We like to think we are. We force ourselves to behave as though we are, and some of us have evolved to a place where they can be truly happy in a monogamous relationship, but men and women both stray, for lots of reasons. It is seldom the fault of the betrayed party and there is little or nothing that person could have done to prevent it.

It's one of the reasons I am polyamorous. Committed, loving relationships that also embrace the very human, very natural desire for variety. For all partners.

May 18, 2013 at 8:49 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Don't you know that polyamorous behaviorisms are the last straws of today's W h o r e d o m ways?

May 18, 2013 at 9:05 pm |
      • myweightinwords

I could argue that it is, in fact, an evolution toward a more enlightened and peaceful society, one in which all adults are satisfied emotionally, mentally and sexually within the confines of committed, loving relationships that build stronger and more intelligent families.

"Whoring" implies the sale of one's body for goods or money. There is no whoring in a committed, loving relationship, only the exchange of love and desire for love and desire.

May 18, 2013 at 9:40 pm |
    • The real Tom

Don't YOU know that whoredom isn't a word and that nobody knows what you're talking about?

May 18, 2013 at 9:06 pm |
    • The real Tom

Are you accusing mwiw of "whoredom", LL? Didn't you claim you weren't doing that?

May 18, 2013 at 9:09 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Tommie,

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/w h o r e d o m

(remove the spaces from w h o r e d o m to reveal it)

May 18, 2013 at 9:18 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Tommie,

My pointing out to 'my weightiness' that the illness of polyamorous behaviorisms are as close as one gets to w h o r I n g behaviors. Her admission does put blame upon her affirming continuation of multiple partnered sensual activities. I could care less if the whole world becomes a w h o r e d o m! I have no children for which the w h o r I n g crowds may tempt!

May 18, 2013 at 9:30 pm |
      • myweightinwords

As I have already said, LL, the human race is not biologically monogamous. Monogamy is a societal construct, not a physical one.

The sooner we let go of this false societal ideal and develop alternative practices upon which to build the families of the future, the sooner we will see an end to many of societies ills.

May 18, 2013 at 9:42 pm |
    • The real Tom

Oh, so you're accusing MWIW of being a prosti tute?

Thanks for your honesty.

May 18, 2013 at 9:32 pm |
    • The real Tom

"the illness of polyamorous behavior"

What's "ill" about it if all those participating are consenting adults?

May 18, 2013 at 9:37 pm |
    • myweightinwords

I could also point out, that while I consider myself both bi-sexual and polyamorous, I have also been single most of my adult life and can count my sexual partners on one hand (depending of course on the defining characteristics of the terms involved...for my purposes, they only count if actual intercourse took place).

And, polyamory does not imply a free-for-all or even or<bgy type mentality. In fact, most poly relationships I am aware of come with some pretty strict moral guidelines and require a fair amount of work.

May 18, 2013 at 9:47 pm |
    • The real Tom

Be careful, my weight. You're probably giving LoopyLion a hard-on. Again.

May 18, 2013 at 9:49 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Tommie child,

May 18, 2013 at 9:52 pm |
      • myweightinwords

Clearly you are not reading and understanding my words at all, LL...and you accuse Tom of misinterpreting?

I feel the exact opposite is true. Polyamory is the more humane way to be human. It is less animalistic than promising your life to a single spouse and then cheating on him/her.

May 18, 2013 at 9:57 pm |
    • The real Tom

"Your vain attempts to misconstrue my Word shows well as to how things become misinterpreted. Too many folks reinterpret and the points become moot. I'm sure that 'my weightiness' feels as if polyamorous behaviorisms are animalistic and inclined to be a way of living more as an intelligent animal then a humane being."

How could anyone "misconstrue" your word when you don't post any words that have any meaning? Secondly, honey, I'm 58 too. I just have an intact brain, unlike you.

May 18, 2013 at 10:00 pm |
    • lionlylamb

myweightinwords,

Go for it! Get all the sensualistic feeding you can get!

May 18, 2013 at 10:11 pm |
      • myweightinwords

I remember now why I stopped responding to you all together.

You clearly are only interested in yourself and using your made up words and improper grammar to attempt to paint yourself as some intellectual. It is obvious you have no desire to actually communicate.

It is also obvious that you do not actually read and understand what others say. You skim, react and get indignant when anyone attempts to correct you.

Thank you for the reminder.

May 18, 2013 at 10:17 pm |
    • The real Tom

Poor LL. Not getting any. Jealous as hell.

May 18, 2013 at 10:12 pm |
    • The real Tom

I wonder, LoopyLion, when are you going to look for a psychiatrist who will actually deal with your insanity and get you on medication that is appropriate?

Or are you too much of a baby to admit you're sick and get real help?

May 18, 2013 at 10:14 pm |
    • The real Tom

my weight, you called it. LL demonstrates the behavioral characteristics of a kindergartner.

Write him off. I have.

May 18, 2013 at 10:21 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Tommie,

Your brain is intact? Now that's cute!

my weightiness,

Your polyamorous ways dare I say, is like a house of cards. One puff and all comes falling away. Then where will one be? Alone and forlorn? Putting one's faith within a myriad of sensual partnerships is not a mentally healthy way to be living one's sensualistic demeanor. There are way too many folks willing to abuse another and you do not really know anyone's true motives especially when it comes to multiple partnerships. Good luck though!

May 18, 2013 at 10:40 pm |
      • myweightinwords

My experience belays your ideation of what polyamory is.

Your words also betray the major fault in most relationships. See, if a person first loves themselves, and is capable and whole within themselves, they do not rely on their partners to make them whole.

When you love yourself first and enter a partnership as an equal, you will not be abused, or used and when the partnership ends you will not be alone and forlorn, merely alone for the time. As I am now.

You also betray that you think a relationship is all about sex, rather than all of the emotional and mental aspects of a relationship.

The strongest families I know are poly. Most intelligent and well rounded kids too.

May 18, 2013 at 10:50 pm |
    • The real Tom

Yes, honey. I know it's hard for someone who is delusional and depressed to grasp, but others do have functioning brains. Sorry about you.

May 18, 2013 at 10:43 pm |
    • lionlylamb

Tommie girl,

A woman who uses a manly name to hide behind seems to be in great need of a psychiatrist! There seems to be a screw loose in your intact brain!

May 18, 2013 at 10:47 pm |
    • The real Tom

A man who uses an animal in his screen name seems to indicate a screw loose in his skull.

Really, dude, do you think you are making a point?

I have news for you.

May 18, 2013 at 10:50 pm |
    • The real Tom

What's really sad, LL, is that you get worked up whenever anyone challenges you on your inane spew. You go into attack mode and it's pretty clear you're upset by the criticism of your writing.

If you can't take the heat, dear, get out of the kitchen.

May 18, 2013 at 10:52 pm |
    • tallulah13

LL lives in a strange fantasy world that only he enjoys. Frankly, the guy creeps me out.

May 18, 2013 at 11:28 pm |
    • The real Tom

He's a sick old fuck who beat his little brother and is now living on SS and probably considered disabled because of his mental illness.

May 18, 2013 at 11:31 pm |
  3. Anne A.

ha ha ha ha....I needed a good laugh

May 18, 2013 at 8:35 pm |
    • The real Tom

You should read more of lionlylimpdick's posts if you need a good laugh.

May 18, 2013 at 9:37 pm |
  4. Robert

I absolutely love Pat Robertson. He does more to kill this stupidity called religion than all the Atheists in the world combined. We love you Pat, Keep up the great work!!! Hahahahahaha

May 18, 2013 at 8:34 pm |
    • M.

He might turn the smart people away from religion, but the dumb masses will believe anything and everything.

May 18, 2013 at 9:06 pm |
  5. Observer

Chad,

What do you think of Pat Robertson's incredible HYPOCRISY?

May 18, 2013 at 8:22 pm |
    • The real Tom

Chard's much too busy pretending that I'm posting under this name dishonestly to be bothered with answering your question, Observer. Or at least, that's the excuse he's probably going to use.

May 18, 2013 at 8:36 pm |
    • Project Jellyfish

Christians hate sea creatures. For Christians, all other life forms on the planet are worthless.

Biblical literalists hold that we are God’s favorites. We live at the universe’s center on a planet God made and maintains for us to use. Earth’s resources are here for us to exploit. God protects us and promised he would not destroy Earth again until the end of days.

Under that scenario, we have little reason to safeguard our existence.

35% of the electorate are biblical literalists. Do you see the problem?
      Around 50% believe Genesis is FACT.

May 18, 2013 at 8:40 pm |
    • Observer

The real Tom,

Do you think he'll really answer? Usually he runs off when questions concerning what the Bible says come up.

May 18, 2013 at 8:42 pm |
    • The real Tom

I dunno, Observer. He's gone silent. Perhaps he's pondering where he got the idea that I said I was an atheist and is looking for evidence. Perhaps he fell asleep in his soup and drowned. Hope springs eternal.

May 18, 2013 at 8:45 pm |
  6. Sparkle

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0tPs5f3lXc&w=640&h=360]

May 18, 2013 at 8:14 pm |
  7. AB Negative

Has anyone seen Dr. D. Johnson? I was hoping he would weigh in on this from the Gnostic point of view.

May 18, 2013 at 8:13 pm |
  8. AB Negative

It would be great if there really were a "god" or "gods" that fooled around in our Earthly business. I think reality is interesting too, but THAT would be balls to the wall funny and weird!

May 18, 2013 at 8:12 pm |
  9. Heretic

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi-EeWVx6Uw&w=640&h=360]

May 18, 2013 at 8:11 pm |
    • AB Negative

My turn to slap that bitch! Hey, this is what they used to illustrate the Watchtower!

May 18, 2013 at 8:15 pm |
  10. Livilla

If the so-called "Christians" really believed in any of their religion, they would be bombarding CBN to get rid of the evil old goat. But all they are looking for is a reason to excuse him and his utterly ridiculous, unChristian behavior. They are all hypocrties.

May 18, 2013 at 8:03 pm |
    • Jon Samuel

why? I never watch CBN or watch him. I have watched him a few times. The guy is pretty old and says some wacky things and things I disagree with but I probably agree with at least 90% of it. In the case of Obama and his wacked-out pastor I believe in 0% of what they have to say. It is all relative.

May 18, 2013 at 8:15 pm |
  11. Why look for jello when you have creme brûlée at home?

Although his choice of words is lacking in discrimination and sensibility, Pat is right. The truth is , as men we are tempted. Principled men are strong, can overcome temptation and look to the interests of their family rather than satisfying a fleeting fleshly desire. It takes a godly man and woman to make a home. In this case, if this woman was wise she would take high road, forgive her husband and seek to restore the broken relationship.

May 18, 2013 at 7:55 pm |
    • Apple Bush

Pat, quit playing on the internet.

May 18, 2013 at 8:00 pm |
    • The real Tom

If she's wise, she'll make damn sure she has the number of a good attorney, a credit score and savings of her own, and is ready to leave when he does it again.

May 18, 2013 at 8:02 pm |
    • Jack

Jello is probably more mellow?

May 18, 2013 at 8:03 pm |
    • Livilla

Disingenuous drivel. Either the seventh commandment means what it say or it doesn't. If you are an xian, you are bound by those pesky things without any rationalizations or caveats.

May 18, 2013 at 8:06 pm |
    • Sparkle

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries&w=640&h=360]

May 18, 2013 at 8:13 pm |
  12. Adultery is a sin

This is what happens when you remove the Ten Commandments!

May 18, 2013 at 7:52 pm |
    • The real Tom

Oh, please. As if you always honored your father and your mother. Go blow.

May 18, 2013 at 7:53 pm |
    • Apple Bush

Who removed them? Where were they? Dang it!!

May 18, 2013 at 7:53 pm |
    • Livilla

Please drown youself for the sake of your family.

May 18, 2013 at 8:00 pm |
  13. allens

he is what organized religion is all about, ignorance

May 18, 2013 at 7:49 pm |
  14. Satan created religion

What is the one thing or one fear the everyone will experience during their lives. The answer is the fear of death. The religions of the world took this natural fear and used it as a basis for religion and that people who believe in a god will be rescued and live forever in eternity. Think about it, you will go to heaven if you believe ,muslims will get virgins a plenty. Are either one of these stories plausible. Do you really think there is some magic fairy in the sky that is watching you and what you do. these are all a legal money making scam that was created by man to both control people and to steal your weekly church donations. You are following a fictional book people. We are living in the year 2013 and we are too smart to be this stupid.

May 18, 2013 at 7:40 pm |
    • Chad

If you were really an atheist, and really thought that there was nothing after you die and all your consciousness simply ceased, then why would you be afraid of dying?

May 18, 2013 at 7:45 pm |
    • Observer

"why would you be afraid of dying?"

Do you look forward to pain?

May 18, 2013 at 7:48 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

I think its likely that a lot of clergy actually do believe the stuff they preach. People who'd otherwise never think of proffering a deliberate lie to cheat gullible people end up doing so in obedience to a lie they've believed. That's the scary thing. Religion could actually proceed without anyone who professes religion knowing it's a lie. Perhaps not even at the very beginning.

May 18, 2013 at 7:48 pm |
    • The real Tom

Because of bozos who insist there's something after death. It instills fear in people because of the unknown, Chard. How stupid are you?

May 18, 2013 at 7:49 pm |
    • Apple Bush

Chad, fearing the unknown is normal. Making up fairy tales to explain the unknown so you are comforted is just silly.

May 18, 2013 at 7:50 pm |
    • Satan created religion

I have no fear of death, the only fear of death I have ever experienced was drivin into my by my catholic parents but keep trying, I know that when I am gone I am gone and I dont care. Religion stops progress and creates wars where there should be peace. You nutjobs sicken me.

May 18, 2013 at 7:58 pm |
    • Chad

"fearing the unknown is normal"

=>that fear makes sense only if one could be convinced that there actually was an unknown.
      How does one convince an atheist that there is an unknown to be afraid of?

May 18, 2013 at 8:17 pm |
    • The real Tom

Idiot, do you really think YOU know what happens when you die? No one does. You believe that you'll go to heaven when you die, Chardo. You don't KNOW that you will.

May 18, 2013 at 8:21 pm |
    • Chad

"Idiot, do you really think YOU know what happens when you die? No one does. "

=>What?
      I thought you were an atheist?

Doesnt an atheist think that all thoughts cease, that's it, nothing?

May 18, 2013 at 8:28 pm |
    • The real Tom

I have never said I was an atheist, Chard.

Furthermore, you're ignoring the point. You don't KNOW. You believe. I don't know. My supposition is that nothing happens. I don't KNOW that to be the case. Neither do you. Thanks for responding.

May 18, 2013 at 8:32 pm |
    • The real Tom

The Vegetable must be desperate. He almost never responds to my posts otherwise. Nothing else to do on Saturday night, Chard?

May 18, 2013 at 8:33 pm |
    • Chad

ah, fake Tom..

ok

May 18, 2013 at 8:33 pm |
    • The real Tom

Nope. It's the real Tom, honey. I guess you aren't on your game tonight.

May 18, 2013 at 8:34 pm |
    • Chad

wait
      what?

I thought you were some impersonator..

"I have never said I was an atheist, Chard."

you dont consider yourself an atheist?

what do you consider yourself?

May 18, 2013 at 8:35 pm |
    • The real Tom

So you're acknowledging that you were WRONG???

I've never said one way or the other. I'm not about to do so now just because you're suddenly interested.

May 18, 2013 at 8:37 pm |
    • The real Tom

*Visualize the Vegetable scrolling through page after page of posts looking for something to use here*

May 18, 2013 at 8:43 pm |
    • Answer

==quote==
      "So you're acknowledging that you were WRONG???"
      ==end==

Chard will never even respond to that. Dodge, dodge and dodge.

May 18, 2013 at 8:43 pm |
    • The real Tom

I'm quite certain you are right. The Vegetable has never been much for integrity.

May 18, 2013 at 8:46 pm |
    • Rachel

You tell 'em Chad. => That's me boy 🙂

May 18, 2013 at 8:50 pm |
    • Answer

Look at the self blowjob by Chard..

Hilarious.

May 18, 2013 at 8:51 pm |
    • The real Tom

To paraphrase HS: Rachel (cough Chad) what is it you think you told anyone?

May 18, 2013 at 8:54 pm |
    • Science

A Nobel Prize with help from sea slugs................your sh-ity memory is all over the place chad/rachel

By Edythe McNamee and Jacque Wilson, CNN

Chad one day says do not forget the talking donkey !

Chad ..............just might be a slug ?

May 18, 2013 at 8:59 pm |
    • Chad

If you arent an atheist, why do you criticize Christians for their beliefs so relentlessly?

May 18, 2013 at 9:01 pm |
    • The real Tom

If you're a Christian, why do you care?

May 18, 2013 at 9:04 pm |
    • Answer

Try answering someone else's inquiry of yourself, Chard.

-–
      "So you're acknowledging that you were WRONG???"

May 18, 2013 at 9:05 pm |
    • Chad

Yes, I was wrong in thinking that I was responding to a fake Tom. I'm actually shocked that she doesnt consider herself an atheist..

if you arent an atheist, why do you criticize Christians so relentlessly?

May 18, 2013 at 9:15 pm |
    • Answer

"why do you criticize Christians so relentlessly?"

Simple.. christians are a piece of sh!t.

May 18, 2013 at 9:19 pm |
    • Chad

why do you feel that way?

May 18, 2013 at 9:22 pm |
    • Answer

So Chard,

How does it make you feel to pretend to have 'Rachel' on your side? Even if you are giving yourself your own blowjob.

May 18, 2013 at 9:22 pm |
    • The real Tom

I didn't say I wasn't an atheist, either, Chardo. You're not all that bright, are you?

I have the utmost respect for Christians who live their faith. I have none for hypocrites like you.

May 18, 2013 at 9:24 pm |
    • The real Tom

I love it. Chard acknowledges that he was wrong in thinking he was responding to a fake Tom but not that he was wrong in assuming I was an atheist.

Funny. Especially for someone who thinks he can come up with evidence for everything he says/believes.

May 18, 2013 at 9:25 pm |
    • Answer

Chad

why do you feel that way?

========Well Chard, you're the perfect example of it.

The piece of sh!t you are.. lying and making up pseudo attempts to boost your own arguments with a fake "girl" on your side. The defeated christards that come back to CNN with different aliases to try their bs again and again. All the time being the complete failures that they are. The failures to not learn about Pascal's wager. The failures of the christards to learn anything relevant to what consists in an argument.

The ever so stupid endless retorts of "prove the negative" {prove my god does not exists.}

You want more?

May 18, 2013 at 9:26 pm |
    • Chad

@Answer

what rock did you crawl out from under? Is your existence really that miserable?
      ====
      @Tom "Chard, if you ever actually bothered to read, you'd know that I don't "criticize Christians for their beliefs...relentlessly.""

May 18, 2013 at 9:28 pm |
    • The real Tom

The Vegetable: "why do you feel that way?"

Maybe it's because of the snarky crap people like you dish out, Chardo. Maybe it's all the little snide emoticons you post. Maybe it's the sarcasm you sh!t daily. Ya think?

May 18, 2013 at 9:28 pm |
    • The real Tom

"@Chad "I dont think I have ever seen a single post by you responding to a Christian, that wasnt a venomous criticism. The only way for your statement to be true, is if you consider all Christians on this blogs hypocrits."...

Then your diligence is in question, dear.

It leads one to wonder just how carefully you read the bible.

May 18, 2013 at 9:29 pm |
    • Answer

Here is the real beef with cvnts like you, Chard ...

The acknowledgement of the babble as an authority.

You know what an authority is right, Chard?

Tell everyone how much you know about authority and how many christards love to start off quoting the babble as a source of authority. That source that they never question. The source that they can't question..

It's the most hilarious thing common to all you christards.

May 18, 2013 at 9:30 pm |
    • Answer

===quote===
      @Answer

==end==

Hilarious, Chard.

Getting under your skin with so much truth really bothers you. XD

May 18, 2013 at 9:31 pm |
    • Chad

ah... ok.

May 18, 2013 at 9:43 pm |

ah

ok

fake Chad.

May 18, 2013 at 9:45 pm |
    • Answer

Bring out your 'girlfriend' Rachel and give yourself a cheer, Chardo.

LOL

May 18, 2013 at 9:45 pm |
    • mama k

Sometimes I wonder if the high atheist and the high theist both have a different gene (or one modified differently) in common compared to someone who is more agnostic. Not a gene or modification that determines degree of religiosity, but that coincides with that type of person whose mind, as a self-comforting mechanism, is more prone to having to have 'everything in its place' before the end of the day, and is very uncomfortable with any extended periods of time of uncertainty about anything in their lives. Just something I've wondered about. But I also know that I had that characteristic myself more in the earlier part of my life than now.

May 18, 2013 at 9:52 pm |
  15. Apple Bush

Rich, white Republicans like Pat don’t understand the middle class. When I was a kid, my sister and I had to walk 80 miles to school every morning and 80 miles back. Both uphill carrying stone tablets because we couldn’t afford paper. Then it was time for chores, like plowing the North 40.

We got up before we went to bed and had to sleep in a cardboard box in the middle of the street and hunt squirrels for our meals with a sling shot. We didn’t even have shoes!

It was really bad in the winter. The snow was 30 feet deep. I lost one toe to frost-bite every winter for ten years. I had to wear my older sister's hand-me-down dresses because my Mother's arthritis was so bad she could not sew any boys’ clothes. That is why I had to fight the class bully every day.

Sometimes when there were no squirrels, we had to eat rocks for dinner. That was very difficult with no teeth (from the fights with the bully).

The worst part was every night after walking 160 miles, plowing forty acres, chopping the fire wood and eating rocks that made my gums bleed. My parents would come out to the box where my sister and I slept in the middle of the road and jump up and down on top of us screaming "Die!" "Die" "Die" with a necklace made out of my dead toes swinging from my mother’s neck.

We were lucky to have it so good.

May 18, 2013 at 7:35 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

At least you had parents to tuck you in at night.

May 18, 2013 at 7:39 pm |
    • Apple Bush

Damn right. And that is Pat's problem, no one loved him as a child.

May 18, 2013 at 7:41 pm |
    • Satan created religion

Actually your story is more plausible than some guy who is going to save you if you believe in him. Some magic fairy in the sky will take care of you after your death. Jesus rose from the dead? Jesus died on the cross and never rose from the dead but people made it up to keep the money train flowing. Go visit the vatican and see where your church donations have gone to when they should have been helping people who were dying of starvation across the globe. The enormous wealth of these churches sickens me and it will ultimately be their demise because people are finally educated to know that a church that is supposed to help people should not be made of gold and marble. A sermon should be held in the middle of an empty field on a rainy day otherwise it is just greed and there is no god involved in that church.

May 18, 2013 at 7:55 pm |
    • The real Tom

AP, your parents tucked you in at night??? Man, you had it good.

May 18, 2013 at 8:09 pm |
    • HS

LOL, yeah I'm sure you were able to walk 160 miles daily and still have time for school! I do hope you meant 8 miles!

May 18, 2013 at 9:03 pm |
    • The real Tom

Apparently, tone deafness is not curable.

May 18, 2013 at 9:04 pm |
  16. wbmi

These are the same people that were trying to impeach Clinton. Figures...

May 18, 2013 at 7:28 pm |
    • Double Standard

God lets Republicans stray, not Democrats. Didn't you read the Bible?

May 18, 2013 at 7:45 pm |
  17. Tom, Tom, the Other One

It must be hard for Pat. Too many voices in his head all talking at once. They all claim to be God. Sometimes he just lets one slip through.

May 18, 2013 at 7:22 pm |
  18. AB Negative

According to the Bible, God delights in the pain and suffering of humans.

May 18, 2013 at 7:17 pm |
  19. dscon

sounds as though he's a liberal....
    IF the story is TRUE.

May 18, 2013 at 7:08 pm |
    • The real Tom

What the fvck are you on about? If you think most liberals think cheating is okay, you're ignorant. If you think Robertson is a liberal, you're daft.

May 18, 2013 at 7:14 pm |
  20. My Reaction to this Amazing News

Holy shit! Pat Robertson said something crazy? NO WAY!! That is just crazy talk!

May 18, 2013 at 7:05 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
About this blog