home
RSS
June 26th, 2013

`Jesus wept' or tears of joy? Faithful react to gay marriage rulings

By Daniel Burke, CNN

(CNN) As news broke of the big Supreme Court rulings on gay marriage, religious leaders took to Twitter to express joyous praise or strong condemnation.

- CNN Religion Editor

Filed under: Belief • Church • Culture wars • Gay marriage • Gay rights • Homosexuality • Politics

soundoff (2,659 Responses)
  1. The real Tom

Funny that there was a whole string of posts yesterday from Uncouth Swain about whether this decision by the SCOTUS would have any effect on religion.

Apparently it makes some believers absolutely rabid.

June 27, 2013 at 12:12 pm |
    • Wendell

fred's posts recently are a fine example of how riled up religious folk get when they don't get their way in pushing their bigotry and immorality on the rest of us.

June 27, 2013 at 12:14 pm |
    • The real Tom

It also seems to make some of the opposition turn into passive aggressive jack@sses. Right fake Tom?

June 27, 2013 at 12:21 pm |
    • The real Tom

Well, if you want to troll using my name, you must be pretty upset with me. Why is that?

June 27, 2013 at 12:24 pm |
    • The real Tom

You are not Tom. I wouldn't get into such a passive aggressive mood as you have been today.
      If you are going to steal a username, at least try to emulate them better.

June 27, 2013 at 12:26 pm |
    • fred

Wendell, I'm happy about yesterday's decision. Care to make more assertions?

June 27, 2013 at 12:31 pm |
    • General Bashar

I bet some of them get mad enough to break some of their own brainwashing and start to wake up a little or 'evolve' on more things including political things they've been brainwashed to believe. There's about 25 percent of the US population that I think is the core of the zombies, I mean religious people, as that many crazy responses keep coming up in the polls consistently.
      Seventy five million zombies, I mean religious people, is a lot of zombies, I mean religious people.

June 27, 2013 at 12:32 pm |
    • The real Tom

I'm trying to recall...hmmm..yes, it was Uncouth Swain who used that term yesterday.

What's the matter?

June 27, 2013 at 12:33 pm |
    • The real Tom

"If you are going to steal a username, at least try to emulate them better"

You really need to brush up on those writing skills if you want to "emulate" me. Here's a little hint: "username" is singular.

June 27, 2013 at 12:37 pm |
    • Blog War Z

Tom or whomever you are, are you such a blog zombie that you have to keep following people around that use a certain name just to attack them? This is just a singular comment so don't expect a followup reply when you will no doubt defend yourself but you attack with so many fallacies that it is quite sad. Even worse, you attack others with no goal in mind other than to attack.
      Grow up manchild.

June 27, 2013 at 12:43 pm |
    • The real Tom

What "fallacies" have I posted?

As for "grow up, man child", nah. I'm not a man and I have no intention of growing up if you're an example.

June 27, 2013 at 12:49 pm |
  2. Clear mind

Why do we badger fred so? Equally why does he feel the need to damn everyone who doesnt agree with him? Let fred believe what comforts him, is there any harm in that? When he begins to try to force it upon others with hateful words it only harms himself, those words arn't annionted even if he is. Although equally provoking imfrom our side of the debate is equally useless. People wll believe what they choose to believe based upon their own innate experiances. Atheist, agnostic, christian, hindu whatever works for you is what you sould go with. In the end being a good person is whats going to pay off, labeling yourself into something should help support that not tear it away. To me is a good atheist who helps out his community and takes care of others better then a priest of any religion who preachs hate? We all have to agree to that in some way or we've lost our fundimental umanity in our chase for a truth that wont be reached ever.

June 27, 2013 at 12:10 pm |
    • Wendell

Don't wimp out. fred spoke sh!t about others who don't share his hateful world view, and he deserved to be called out for it.

June 27, 2013 at 12:16 pm |
    • fred

Yes Wendell. You are the omnipotent judge, jury and executioner.

June 27, 2013 at 12:33 pm |
  3. Joe Rockbottom

No one really cares what religious "leaders" say. Just a bunch of control-hungry sociopaths.

June 27, 2013 at 12:09 pm |
    • lol??

If there are religious "leaders" they are usurpers. That's most likely where the Beasties got the idea. Notice the black robes yer judges wear. The black robes the religious wear came from copyin' in a silly way the OT law. All this copycattin' by the "intelligent"!!

June 27, 2013 at 12:16 pm |
    • Minerva from Los Angeles

I agree wholeheartedly!!

June 27, 2013 at 12:16 pm |
  4. sly

My my my ... I thought religious people were supposed to be happy people.

Sounds like some of y'all religous folks are all angry and stuff – you need to sit back and take a big sht and you'll feel a lot less angry, and the rest of us will continue to enjoy our good lives without your negative energy.

June 27, 2013 at 12:03 pm |
    • lol??

Feelings ain't facts, lady.

June 27, 2013 at 12:05 pm |
    • The real Tom

"Feelings aren't facts." Neither are your beliefs but that doesn't seem to faze you a bit, lol.

June 27, 2013 at 12:07 pm |
    • MJ

Couldn't have said it better myself!!

June 27, 2013 at 12:10 pm |
    • mama k

Lollipop: "Feelings ain't facts, lady"

LOL!! Oh my, let me know when you have some "facts", dipshit.

June 27, 2013 at 12:11 pm |
    • Nice Try

sly… There is no such thing as "negative energy" or "positive energy". There's only God or the Devil. I'm being controlled by God. So which one is controlling you?…

June 27, 2013 at 12:12 pm |
    • Truth Prevails :-)

Nice Try: Once again, god and the devil are things made up by man to fool the gullible...they are not real.

June 27, 2013 at 12:15 pm |
    • mama k

@Nice Try

Oh wow – now we have someone else who lacks facts. Is there something else besides that bag of wind?

June 27, 2013 at 12:18 pm |
    • Nice Try

Truth Prevails… Big words and not a shred of evidence to back it up. So what you said don't mean a thing. And don't bother trying to change the subject. I don't want to hear it...

June 27, 2013 at 12:24 pm |
    • cedar rapids

'Big words and not a shred of evidence to back it up'

You sure you arent talking about religion here?

June 27, 2013 at 12:25 pm |
    • Truth Prevails :-)

Nice Try: And where is your evidence that they exist??? And Don't use the buybull as evidence. Your opinion doesn't really matter either when you act like a 5 year old or a schizophrenic...only 2 types of people who have imaginary friends. The fact that you have yet to pass grade 2 after 30 tries does not mean you get to impose your imaginary friend and its imaginary enemy as fact. I'd suggest you seek help for your delusions at the local asylum, they have special rooms and special jackets for people like you.

June 27, 2013 at 12:39 pm |
    • sly

Wow ... now the god-sters say there is no such thing as being all negative?

No offense, but do religious people live in the same world as the rest of us?

"God controls every thought, or the Devil does"? Seriously – a 'devil'? A little red man with horns who lives in the middle of the earth and holds a red pitchfork?

Wow ... honestly, I cannot always tell the difference between some hippie tripping on LSD and a religious person telling me there is some fat white man sitting in the clouds sewing wings on tiny butterflies.

Wow ... to each their own, but sometimes I think many folks in this world are kinda off their rocker.

June 27, 2013 at 12:40 pm |
  5. lol??

Just like Lot's daughters the Beastie pols and pharisees are DESPERATE You can't put desperate bimbos on a court. BTW, that FLA shooting trial will backfire for this reason. Does that make it appealable, because of a full court press from woemen??

June 27, 2013 at 11:52 am |
  6. ScaryChristianWatch

Look out. Our particularly stupid local Christian nutbar bigot,fred, has completely lost it today. Keep guns and other weapons clear away from him.

June 27, 2013 at 11:46 am |
    • .

What time is it?

June 27, 2013 at 11:48 am |
    • flatpicker

Pedophiles were born that way. They are next 🙂

June 27, 2013 at 11:50 am |
    • Nice Try

Wow. Whenever Lucifer's minions feel the need the target one particular person, that person must really be speaking the truth. Keep up the good work, Fred!...

June 27, 2013 at 11:50 am |
    • fred

You should have hired someone to type that out for you. It would appear you were met with some level of difficulty forcing that poorly constructed thought out through your fingertips.

June 27, 2013 at 11:52 am |
    • Happy Atheist

"Pedophiles were born that way." Fortunately that has no bearing on the legality of pedophilia. It's illegal because only one party is able to consent, and without consent it is r a p e, not a relationship. What is so hard for the religious morons to understand about this?

June 27, 2013 at 11:55 am |
    • sam stone

"lucifer's minions"?

what an imbecile

June 27, 2013 at 12:03 pm |
    • The real Tom

This is obviously not the "fred" who posts here frequently.

June 27, 2013 at 12:04 pm |
  7. fred

I'm not angry, Tom. It's delightful that you predictably attempt to use this other failed tactic consistently. Next, make an accusation. Too late, you did that too. Anyone care to take bets on Tom's next Pulitzer-worthy post?

June 27, 2013 at 11:38 am |
    • Happy Atheist

he's not angry, he's just getting "santorum" around the mouth...

June 27, 2013 at 11:43 am |
    • fred

What a wonderfully petty political retort. Your razor sharp wit knows no bounds.

June 27, 2013 at 11:48 am |
    • Happy Atheist

Anytime 🙂

June 27, 2013 at 11:51 am |
    • The real Tom

You appear very angry, fred. Why? Why should what atheists write bother you so much? Why does gay marriage threaten you so?

June 27, 2013 at 12:03 pm |
    • John Stemberger

Fred = a person that basis facts on as sumption in the world around him.

June 27, 2013 at 12:16 pm |
    • fred

For the second time, Tom, I made no mention of this. See below. I am happy about the decision yesterday. This is the second assertion you've made that has been wrong.

June 27, 2013 at 12:29 pm |
    • The real Tom

Yes, you've insisted that's the case several times, fred.

What are you on about, then? Something's griping your ass. What is it?

June 27, 2013 at 12:32 pm |
  8. nonyabidnes2

God is a uniter, not a divider. He loves all of us regardless of what label we call ourselves.

June 27, 2013 at 11:35 am |
    • Nice Try

He loves your soul. He doesn't love sin. The face of the Lord is against them that do evil...

June 27, 2013 at 11:42 am |
    • EnjaySea

According to doctrine, yes.

For those of us who are not conviced that there is a god, we must rely on people to love one another.

June 27, 2013 at 11:43 am |
    • Nice Try

EnjaSea… If you are not convinced there is a god, then you do not no love – for God is love. And all you know is "lust"…

June 27, 2013 at 11:46 am |
    • sam stone

God is love? Not the one that the christians push

June 27, 2013 at 11:48 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

God's primary characteristic isn't love, it is jealousy.
      It says so right in the 1st commandment.

June 27, 2013 at 11:50 am |
    • EnjaySea

Sorry, Nice Try, but that was the most ill-conceived logic I've ever encountered in this blog. I don't believe therefore I don't love? I don't believe in a god that has never been demonstrated to exist, therefore I'm a pervert.

A stunning example of Christian sloganistic rubbish.

June 27, 2013 at 11:50 am |
    • mama k

@Nice Try

Not only are Xtians in disagreement with themselves about different sin, but now science is explaining what the Bible couldn't:
      Quarterly Review of Biology – Dec, 2012

June 27, 2013 at 11:51 am |
    • Truth Prevails :-)

God is far from love. God murder's; god rapes; god condones slavery; god condones child abuse...none of that equates to love.

June 27, 2013 at 11:51 am |
    • AverageJoe76

@Nice Try – I think God likes evil. He created the 'evil ones' along with the 'good ones'. God created all of reality. And God is never surprised. God can see the path of every particle within reality. God knows, and has orchestrated, the beginning and the end of everything within exsistence. God knows my 'sins' before I know them. There is no 'free will' in this reality, there is only the Design (reality) and the whims of the Designer (God).

THIS is the power I would imagine GOD has. I think some of the agnostic/ atheist community think so, also. AND that is why the Gods we read about fall short of this, and lack substance.

June 27, 2013 at 11:53 am |
    • Nice Try

EnjaSea… Coming from someone who's spiritually ignorant and spiritually blind and don't know your right hand from your left, that's not saying anything. Your words don't mean a thing…

June 27, 2013 at 11:54 am |
    • Nice Try

AverageJoe76… That is your problem. You're using your imagination. And imagination is of the devil...

June 27, 2013 at 11:56 am |
    • The real Tom

There is nothing evil about being gay or having gay s3x.

June 27, 2013 at 11:57 am |
    • EnjaySea

I'm confused Nice Try why it is that you seem to know me. You throw insults like you have some prior knowledge of my character. Very odd indeed.

I don't believe in your god, and your insults do nothing to convince me otherwise.

June 27, 2013 at 11:59 am |
    • cedar rapids

'You're using your imagination. And imagination is of the devil'

ah so you are a troll then, you should have said.

June 27, 2013 at 12:03 pm |
    • Nice Try

EnjaSea… I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm just telling you the truth. You can take it or leave it. It means nothing to me…

June 27, 2013 at 12:07 pm |
    • The real Tom

If it means nothing to you, then why bother to continue posting?

June 27, 2013 at 12:08 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

Oh the irony. Nice try calling others ignorant and blind. Oh you poor misguided fool.

June 27, 2013 at 12:10 pm |
    • John Stemberger

Nice Try

..................... I'm just telling you the truth.
      ----------------------
      Your clearly do not know the difference between truth, perception and opinion.

June 27, 2013 at 12:12 pm |
    • Nice Try

AtheistSteve… I'm misguided? Coming from an atheist, that's a joke, right? LOL...

June 27, 2013 at 12:15 pm |
    • John Stemberger

Nice Try

........then you do not>>>>> no <<<<<love – for God is love. And all you know is "lust"…

Is this Faith rebranded? lol

June 27, 2013 at 12:17 pm |
    • Nice Try

John Stemberger… You'd have to know truth to even make such a statement. And you have no clue what the truth is. So what you said don't mean a thing...

June 27, 2013 at 12:19 pm |
    • EnjaySea

Nice Try says: "I'm just telling you the truth. You can take it or leave it. It means nothing to me…"

You're not telling me a truth, you're just repeating dogma that you learned as a child. You gave me a choice. Great! I reject your dogma as invented, unsubstantiated, storytelling.

And if it means nothing to you, then why do you continue to attack me? Our interactions today started with you attacking me. Remember? So apparently it does mean something to you.

June 27, 2013 at 12:21 pm |
    • Truth Prevails :-)

"an atheist, that's a joke, right?"

Not at all. It's coming from an Atheist with an excellent education both in and out of the church. It's coming from an Atheist who goes out of his way for his wife; his family and his friends. It's coming from an Atheist who lives an excellent life without the need of the crutch of religion to back him.

June 27, 2013 at 12:26 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

Well yeah but the joke is on you.
      Let's test it shall we?
      You think the Bible is the word of God. But God never wrote a word of it, not one word, just men...ignorant primitive men.
      You think every spoken word written in the 4 canonical gospels came directly from the mouth of Jesus. But Jesus never wrote a single word of it...nor did any of his apostles and not one book of it is known to date to any earlier than 40 years after Jesus died...by anonymous authors who never met him.
      That is the epitome of gullibility and ignorance. The credibility of your source material is practically non-existent.

June 27, 2013 at 12:29 pm |
    • Real Wisdom

AtheistSteve… Coming from an atheist, how would you even know? Answer: You wouldn't. So what you said don't mean a thing...

June 27, 2013 at 12:45 pm |
    • The real Tom

Real Wis, understanding religious tenets doesn't require belief in them.

June 27, 2013 at 12:47 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

Real Wisdom

Well as a one time believer I can say with confidence what I was taught to believe. But you are right at least in that knowing the teachings of the Bible means absolutely nothing. It is the research into the history of how the Bible was pieced together that has any bearing at all. And what I said above isn't even in contention. Bible scholars know full well how the books came together, which ones were included or omitted and how many of its sources are anonymous. Believers are using huge scoops of wishful thinking when they attribute any truth to the stories told in the Bible.

June 27, 2013 at 1:02 pm |
    • *

Nice Try:
      So what you said don't mean a thing...
      June 27, 2013 at 12:19 pm

---------------------------
      Real Wisdom:
      So what you said don't mean a thing...
      June 27, 2013 at 12:45 pm

---------------------------
      Identical poor, hick English - twins? Or......
      June 27, 2013 at 12:45 pm

June 27, 2013 at 1:32 pm |
    • fintastic

@Nice Try "...That is your problem. You're using your imagination. And imagination is of the devil..."

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaa!!!.......... priceless!

June 27, 2013 at 1:54 pm |
  9. AdamC

Congrats LGBT community. Congrats America.

June 27, 2013 at 11:32 am |
    • Nice Try

Funny. That's exactly what Lucifer said...

June 27, 2013 at 11:43 am |
    • sam stone

Funny, you know what "lucifer" said

Is your delusion comfortable?

June 27, 2013 at 11:49 am |
    • EnjaySea

Oh no, Lucifer! The evil man in the red lizard suit is controlling us all like puppets!

Everyone run!

June 27, 2013 at 11:55 am |
    • Nice Try

EnjaSea… That is the first words of truth you've spoken all day (except the red suit part)...

June 27, 2013 at 12:00 pm |
  10. Dave Harris

Isn't it convenient that the Christian God hates all the same people that Christians hate? He must not have a mind of His own, and apparently neither do they.

June 27, 2013 at 11:32 am |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin

"No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says; he is always convinced that it says what he means." -G.B. Shaw

June 27, 2013 at 11:39 am |
    • kayann ramos

Hi ,GOD does not hate anyone GOD is LOVE"'Please read the BIBLE it is full of truth Jesus love you too!

June 27, 2013 at 11:41 am |
    • fred

-Doesn't believe in quotes from the Bible.

-Uses quote found on the Internet to prove point.

June 27, 2013 at 11:41 am |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin

"GOD does not hate anyone GOD is LOVE" you must have a children's abridged version...

June 27, 2013 at 11:49 am |
    • sam stone

"Hi ,GOD does not hate anyone GOD is LOVE"

If god is love, why does an omniscient god allow people he KNOWS will not accept jeebus as a savior to be born?

June 27, 2013 at 11:50 am |
    • sam stone

"Please read the BIBLE it is full of truth "

Lots of books are full of truth

June 27, 2013 at 11:51 am |
    • cedar rapids

'fred
      -Doesn't believe in quotes from the Bible.
      -Uses quote found on the Internet to prove point.'

Oh I am sure he believes that quotes do in fact exist in the bible. And there is nothing wrong in pointing out the contradiction and hypocrisy of those that claim to be believers but do not act in accordance to what their religion tells them.....such as yourself in fact.

June 27, 2013 at 12:02 pm |
    • fred...

-attacks Christians and atheists alike

-kayann ramos is Christian, idiot

June 27, 2013 at 12:12 pm |
    • fred

I was addressing Lucifer's Evil Twin. See the post I made below. It's got quite the train of backlash, which is typical. Then take a moment to consider that you just made yourself look stupid.

June 27, 2013 at 12:23 pm |
    • Minerva from Los Angeles

Apparently Kayann Ramos has a direct line to god. Hey Kayann, do you tweet god hourly to find out who he/she loves and doesn't? Does he/she send you an email, text msg, or fax to let you know? Or does he/she whisper it discreetly in your ear? How do you know what god thinks? Are you repeating like a parrot verbatim what the local guy in black robes and white collar told you? Do you have a brain to think for yourself? If you are repeating stuff, in a court of law, on earth, it would be known as hearsay and inadmissible as evidence. If you are making it up, it would be known as perjury. So before you open your mouth to say what god thinks or does not think as fact, be aware of what the laws on earth are, we are not in 'heaven' yet.
      Try to stick to facts, not opinions. Oh, I forgot! You don't have any. You are a parrot minus the brain part.

I'll tell you something that is fact for which I have a great amount of hard evidence... my Dog loves me. Try flipping god backwards into Dog. Much more effective, realistic, and for which there is hard evidence of love. The rest is mind-control by theocrats and sociopaths. god in America is a multi-million dollar corporate enterprise. A Dog on the other hand, is worthy of respect. My Dog takes much better care of me, than an imaginary 'god'.

June 27, 2013 at 12:31 pm |
  11. AverageJoe76

Unlike Fred, I've met intelligent faithfuls. They're intelligent in their field of choice, or whatever they concentrate on. The problem has, and will always be, 'asking questions that could shake your faith'. They don't do that. They simply don't, or refuse to do anything like that. Any information that shakes their faith, is wrong. Then they ignore it. Pay it no attention. Hide their heads in the sand, and go back to concentrating on things they are comfortable with. They love the 'soul insurance contract' they've set up, and do not want to be put into any trouble with God [although they really wonder if God is real]

June 27, 2013 at 11:29 am |
    • mama k

I notice the same thing, AJ76.

June 27, 2013 at 11:35 am |
    • AtheistSteve

It's that special exemption clause. In any other aspect of their life they are critical, logical and rational. The bubble of their relgious beliefs gets a free pass around scrutiny. It makes sense in a way because if they were to critically examine the claims of their religion they would find the lack of verification most troubling. They have a sort of duality to their process of reason. Dissent and doubt with regard to their religion is sidestepped with simple appeals to faith.

June 27, 2013 at 12:01 pm |
    • General Bashar

Well said, Joe. It's hard to be a bigot when a person has common sense and knows that individuals remain individuals even when in a group with other individuals. I fight against all religions because they cause people to do more violent and evil things than any other kind of ideology in history. I am not fighting with hate against the people, just the web of deceit they are in and their stubbornness born of heavy indoctrination that blinds them to all reason. Most people don't have the faintest clue just how damaging and horrible the effects of religion are upon a single individual, much less a general population.
      I try and tell them and they react with no self-control according to how they were indoctrinated and with what sort of programming.
      You are not average. Comments like yours are rare. But then not many show up here, either.

June 27, 2013 at 12:23 pm |
  12. keeth

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. ~Susan B. Anthony

June 27, 2013 at 11:26 am |
    • AverageJoe76

Insightful. I agree. I love women in a lustful manner, sometimes it's actually 'love'. I think it's how I'm wired. How's it a 'sin'? [bomp dropping noise]

June 27, 2013 at 11:33 am |
    • Al

“You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”
      ― Anne Lamott

June 27, 2013 at 11:36 am |
    • ECMD

AMEN! (Pun intended) Awesome quote.

June 27, 2013 at 12:32 pm |
  13. mike

THIS ISN'T ABOUT RELIGION. Your church doesn't have to marry gays or recognize their marriages. This is about GOVERNMENT recognition. No one is threatening your little fairy tale book.

June 27, 2013 at 11:18 am |
    • mama k

True, mike. Those who think homosexualilty is a sin should be more fearful of the findings of last December's Quarterly Review of Biology than some decision about civil marriage rights.

June 27, 2013 at 11:27 am |
    • sam

If they actually cared about the 'sanctity' of marriage, they'd be busy preventing divorce and domestic violence. But noooooo.

June 27, 2013 at 11:31 am |
    • Science

Or this Mike ..................we all suck it in.................the fairy in the sky did not create air >

A Stepping-Stone for Oxygen On Earth

June 26, 2013 —

June 27, 2013 at 11:34 am |
  14. PeterVN

Given the recent comments from the likes of fred here, it's worth restating this great blog quote here:

"Religion is for the ignorant, the gullible, the cowardly, and the stupid, and for those who would profit from them."

fred is exemplary of the four adjectives there.

June 27, 2013 at 11:10 am |

June 27, 2013 at 11:18 am |
    • mike

Hey fred, how about you walk into a gay bar and spout off, tough guy.

June 27, 2013 at 11:19 am |
    • Science

fred needs to visit and read this.

After DOMA: What's Next For Gay Married Couples

June 27, 2013 at 11:20 am |
    • sam

Aw, fred, what a cute little troll! All that fake pent up rage. You're doing a great job of making religious people look awful. Congrats.

June 27, 2013 at 11:23 am |
    • AtheistSteve

Said the anonymously posting fred. What's so brave about walking into a church? I spent entirely too much time in church during my youth. Time I now wish I had back for better purposes. Church was and still is tedious and misleading. The blind leading the blind.

June 27, 2013 at 11:25 am |
    • Secular Humanist from Ohio

What about the ignorant, the gullible, and the stupid, parts?

June 27, 2013 at 11:29 am |
    • sam stone

"Cowardly? Like anonymously posting because you don't have the balls to walk into a church?"

No, cowardly because you christian fvcks find no immorality in allowing someone else to take the punishment you feel you deserve

June 27, 2013 at 11:53 am |
  15. Tim Jordan

Take away their tax-exempt status and prosecute the churches that protect child-molesting clergy under the RICO act. Perhaps then they'll mind their own business.

June 27, 2013 at 11:08 am |
  16. Wow, the Xtians are really busy-bodies today

Let's check in and see how they're doing verifying their beliefs, their fears:

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YIj4rLYo0c&w=640&h=360]

June 27, 2013 at 11:05 am |
  17. darknesscrown

Of course, religious zealots like Mike Huckabee would say incendiary statements like "Jesus wept" and that the SCOTUS thinks it's bigger than God. I really can't wait for people like him to finally die off. They are going extinct–and everyone knows it. They, obviously, don't like to think about that reality, but in 30 years people like Mike Huckabee and these Evangelical Taliban that litter this country will be such a tiny minority that they won't even have a caucus in Congress. Mark my words.

By the way, most atheists even understand what Jesus Christ's general message was: Love everyone...no matter who they are...no matter what they do...Period. That's what Jesus said. Ok, Evangelicals? You psychos. Jesus would never disapprove of two people who love and care for each other to be treated equally by all. If you disagree, you're wrong. You're own holy book says so. Jesus Christ was grand-daddy of all hippies. Jesus would also probably have approved of smoking weed, amnesty for illegals seeking a better life, and universal healthcare for everyone. Your time is over. The way I see it, Christian conservatives have three realistic options: 1.) Adapt to the times by re-evaluating their completely messed up interpretation of what Christ was all about, 2.) Stop calling themselves Christians and make up a new religion that conforms to their narrow, highly conservative worldview, or 3.) Shut up and retreat into their churches to continue the massive groupthink sessions they are known for participating in.

The majority of Americans really don't want to hear these people's irrational opinions. This is not, and has NEVER BEEN, an issue about morality. It is, and always has been, an issue about EQUALITY. Conservative Christians fundamentally do not believe all people should be treated equally under the law–only people who fit the mold they think people should fit into. They've made it abundantly clear by all the crazy things they've said and continue to say. I, personally, am not interested in even entertaining the notion of hearing what they have to say anymore unless its thoughtful....which is a real stretch, apparently. I really can't put into words how gleeful it makes me to see conservative Christians up in arms over this. It makes me very happy.

June 27, 2013 at 11:02 am |
    • realbuckyball

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuVSWhpVSqA&w=640&h=360]

June 27, 2013 at 11:22 am |
  18. what

Religion in the U.S. needs to be criminalized. Only when the country is secular, with no practicing religions, can the country finally become the Progressive States of America. This is the future. No stopping it.

June 27, 2013 at 10:52 am |
    • Honey Badger Don't Care

I can agree with that, to a point. I don’t think that we need to be that drastic. What we need to do is increase funding for STEM and general education. The more educated that we make the average American, the less religious we can expect the country to be.

June 27, 2013 at 10:54 am |
    • mas enots

lmfao What a retard.

June 27, 2013 at 10:55 am |
    • Happy Atheist

"Religion" being injected into our secular democracy "in the U.S. needs to be criminalized." Yes, that I will agree to. People should be able to worship whatever they want in their homes and churches, it's just those churches should not get any special tax exempt status. They should be just like a book club, they don't get tax exempt status but they meet weekly to discuss their thoughts and feelings about what they have been reading. It's that simple.

June 27, 2013 at 10:57 am |
    • lol??

The mob is gonna need some Qweirdo leadership. Gay Scouts, coming right up next.

June 27, 2013 at 10:57 am |
    • mas enots

Let's criminalize everything that you atheists don't agree with? Is that what you are trying to say? Good luck with that.

June 27, 2013 at 10:58 am |
    • fred

Progress means limiting rights? What an excellent idea. One can only imagine the extraordinary level of genius this wonderful plan must have taken. Please, continue to enlighten us on which rights you believe people no longer deserve in the beloved name of your religion of "Progression." We're all waiting, oh benevolent one.

June 27, 2013 at 11:02 am |
    • Happy Atheist

It would not be unreasonable for those who have been sidelined and maligned by bigoted Christians for so long to vote for taking away the religious rights of Christians who push their religious agendas in the public square. I for one will vote to diminish the Christian stranglehold on our democracy, and there are many like minded persons and the number of us is growing, and there is nothing the religious can do about it which is why they are in such a state of panic.

June 27, 2013 at 11:05 am |
    • Honey Badger Don't Care

Fred,

You have the right to worship as you please. You should NOT however expect the US government to subidise that worship in the form of tax breaks and special compensations.

June 27, 2013 at 11:05 am |
    • What is going on? FREEDOM

Fred lay off the propaganda. Your religious rights have not been restricted. Only an extremist would believe that to be true.

June 27, 2013 at 11:05 am |
    • AverageJoe76

Intelligence is bad for most of the blood-sucking businesses. Example: Debt. If every person became finacial wizards and had little to no debt, things would begin to crumble 'round here. They need' ja oblivious and in debt. So much is built on invisible numbers, items of over-bloated value, and speculations.

And, of course.... i don't know what I'm talking about. [ but I do ]

June 27, 2013 at 11:07 am |
    • Jules

Fred, what rights have been taken away from you? You are still free to worship as you please.
      And lol??, your bigotry against citizens of this country belies all of Jesus Christ's teaching.

June 27, 2013 at 11:11 am |
    • Daniel

So there's this big bully at your school who for the past 3 school years has been knocking you down and taking your lunch money every single morning. When you complain to the teachers the bully and his cohorts get angry and call you a snitch. Finally after years of abuse you record the incident on your cell phone and take it to the principle. The principle watches the video and brings in the bully and his cohorts and say's "Okay bully, I saw what you did this morning and I hear you have been stealing this boys money for years. Well you don't even have to give today's money back but from now on I don't want you to bully anymore. And you, tattletale, I don't want to see you filming other students anymore because that's a serious breach of privacy! So hand over the phone!"

Christians are the bullies, the minorities are the abused, and the Government is the Principle. The system is dysfunctional and set up to reward the offenders. Voting to change this is the only way we can make real change. Fire the principle and kick the bullies out of school.

June 27, 2013 at 11:14 am |
    • Dippy's Disciple

It's "principal."

June 27, 2013 at 11:16 am |
    • Roger that

True. That must have been a problem early on with the cult because the Bible authors threw in this little jewel.

1st Timothy:
      20 O Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you. Avoid the irreverent babble and contradictions of what is falsely called "knowledge,"
      21 for by professing it some have swerved from the faith.

June 27, 2013 at 11:17 am |
    • fred

That's right atheist hive mind cattle. Respond to my comment completely out of context. Do yourselves a little favor. Read the original post. Next, read my comment response to that post. I didn't say I was oppressed. Quit being so obtuse.

June 27, 2013 at 11:20 am |
    • mike

Um...I am all about gay rights, but what you're proposing is every bit as evil and the oppression of any other group. I find religion stupid and borderline abhorrent in many cases, but it is a right. You are as bad as those you claim to despise.

June 27, 2013 at 11:21 am |
    • Jules

Fred, why are you so angry?

June 27, 2013 at 11:32 am |
    • sam stone

freddie, how are your rights being limited?

June 27, 2013 at 11:55 am |
  19. lol??

Killer mommies like to offer up virgin sacrifices to the sun god. Takes care of the competi*tion. It backfired on Lot's wife, ol' salty.

June 27, 2013 at 10:43 am |
    • AverageJoe76

You don't have a career in daycare or anything to do with child developement, do you?

June 27, 2013 at 10:51 am |
    • what?

While killer daddies offer up their only son for sacrifice to try and pass some juvenile "test", and please don't forget your Lot not only offered up his virgin daughters to be r.aped, he slept with them too. Godly men. Right. Oh, and the "killer mommies" are overwhelmingly Christian, and before you spout off some nonsense about not believing it because the facilities themselves gather the states, where else would you find out the stats? The local Kroger?

You worship the biggest killer daddy of them all, moron.

June 27, 2013 at 10:53 am |
    • lol??

The crafty little daughters from Sodom put their father in an alcoholic blackout, silly. They actually were thinkin' desperate thoughts.

"Gen 19:31 And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father [is] old, and [there is] not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:"

Noticed their lunar cycles were synched.

June 27, 2013 at 11:06 am |
    • what?

An alcoholic blackout? Maybe that'll fly once. ONCE. More than once is tacit approval for what he's doing. And if you ever took a biology course, you would know that women who live with each other have synchronized cycles.
      Guess they should have gotten r.aped by the crowd rather than r.aping their gross daddy.
      Your killer daddy loved the use of repopulating the earth by incest after killing off all of his other children. Favorite tactic. No wonder you're warped.

June 27, 2013 at 11:20 am |
    • lol??

Hey dudette, you just made me realize that r*a*p*e* would have been the better choice for that point in history. Less chance of genetic failure.

Nope, Lot was clueless, so stop with the straw man arguments. They burn easily.

"Gen 19:33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose."

June 27, 2013 at 11:38 am |
    • what?

Strawman argument? When you are the one pulling out the drunkman defense, dudette?
      Seems to me that Lot just wanted to deny all accountability that he did his daughters. And enjoyed sampling that particular forbidden fruit. Because he "allowed" himself to do it. Twice.
      Get your husband dead drunk and see how easy it is for him to get it up. And Lot was old. Ya woulda needed splints to hold it erect. The clueless one is YOU.
      And Sodom was destroyed because it wasn't hospitable to strangers. See Ezekial for details.

June 27, 2013 at 12:00 pm |
    • lol??

Men were more manly in those days, wimpy.Not as much baggage from mutations.

June 27, 2013 at 12:21 pm |
    • lol??

Oh and BTW, better food, too. Not this garbage the Dr. Frankensteins are feeding ya now.

June 27, 2013 at 12:24 pm |
  20. fred

June 27, 2013 at 10:43 am |
    • Ted

fred, you simply lack the intelligence to recognize intelligence. Furthermore, have a read here, stupid:

June 27, 2013 at 10:46 am |
    • lol??

Kwazy and evil as seen on their coins, has nothing to do with intelligence.The schmarter ones flame out earlier. Not to worry. God has a net to catch em.

June 27, 2013 at 10:47 am |
    • AverageJoe76

Are you talking about those little 'pocketbook dogs"? Yes, they're atheists, and 'double-yes', they are disgusting and vile.

Although I've never met one in person.

June 27, 2013 at 10:47 am |
    • AverageJoe76

@lol?? – you seem to be the pioneer of a new language. Godspeed.

June 27, 2013 at 10:49 am |
    • Filthy Hind I love to Mithrism lick and talk Islam bunk

Well ferd the turd,
      So YOU are claiming to be smarter than Dawkins, Carrier, and Harris.
      You're not "pride-filled" or anything. No. Not at all.
      BTW, there is no hell. The Hebrews (thus Jebus) did not believe in it. Neither did you St. Paul.
      If you ever took ONE class on your cult you might know that.

June 27, 2013 at 10:49 am |
    • fred

Ted, you're not very bright. Trying to validate your own self image by posting a link that you conveniently agree with does not change the agonizing fact that you, above all others, are the complete epitome of the classic "bottom of the barrel" retard.

June 27, 2013 at 10:51 am |
    • Filthy Hind I love to Mithrism lick and talk Islam bunk

You live in your mother's basement. Not only have you never met an intelligent atheist, you have never met ANYONE.

June 27, 2013 at 10:51 am |
    • Honey Badger Don't Care

Fred is just a troll. No one can be that ignorant.

Please dont feed the trolls.

June 27, 2013 at 10:57 am |
    • fred

Filthy, allow me to address two specific points to illustrate just how incredibly moronic the words you cobbled together in that particular order you are.

1. The name is "fred." It's right there in front of you. You still botched it up. No amount of post traumatic stress-induced idiocy could have topped this glaring moment of brain freeze on your part.

2. I do not live in my mother's basement. Please place your book of awful early 1990's chat room insults back on the shelf. Put the dust back on top of it where it belongs.

June 27, 2013 at 10:58 am |
    • Richard Cranium

fred
      I am an intelligent atheist. Now you've met one. Studies have proven that the hoigher the intelligence, the less need for religion and the higher likelyhood of being an atheist or agnostic or both. The lower the intelligence, the more likely someone will be religious.

June 27, 2013 at 10:58 am |
    • Jules

And yet these two think that with their mouths, they are sure to go to Heaven? Nah. God doesn't take kindly to those who use their mouths for anything but Praising Him. Sorry, fred. You'll be amongst the ones you have tried to condemn.

June 27, 2013 at 10:59 am |
    • What is going on? FREEDOM

Fred it is quite obvious you never met an Atheist, which leads to the conclusion that you have a very poor education.

June 27, 2013 at 10:59 am |
    • samIam

Fred- I feel very sorry for you. You are obviously full of hatred and anger. You should think about this- Jesus stood with the lepers. Jesus stood with the outcasts of society. Perhaps you should look in the mirror before you start casting stones. Your mental and spiritual health may depend on it,

June 27, 2013 at 11:00 am |
    • cedar rapids

'fred – I have never met an intelligent atheist. They are the most disgusting, vile idiots in the entire world. Good luck with your quest for "evidence" in hell you posers.'

Well apparently you will be keeping them company because your bible states that revilers, or those that hate, are barred from heaven, and you my friend most certainly meet the criteria for hater. Not my rules you understand, take it up with your god if you disagree.

June 27, 2013 at 11:01 am |
    • mas enots

Richard,
      It is Higher not Hioghr. Now what was that you said about being intelligent?

June 27, 2013 at 11:04 am |
    • Wendy

fred, insulting atheists doesn't make true the claims of the crazy religion that you cower behind. It's very clear from the evidence that atheists overall are substantially more intelligent than religious folk. Try that on your breakfast pablum, oh stupid religious nutjob.

June 27, 2013 at 11:06 am |
    • Fred is an idiot

No intelligent human being believes there is a hell, Fred.

June 27, 2013 at 11:07 am |
    • LinCA

@fred

You said, "I have never met an intelligent atheist."
      You should get out more.

You said, "They are the most disgusting, vile idiots in the entire world."
      Your perception is distorted by your inability to string a coherent thought together without relying on your imaginary friend. If you were capable of rational thought, I'd suggest you open your eyes and mind and do a little research. You'd find very quickly that there is a very strong correlation between intelligence and religious beliefs. You'd find that correlation to be inverse. The higher the intelligence, the lower the rates of religious beliefs. In other words, the dumber you are, the more likely you are to be like you, and the more you are like you, the dumber you are likely to be.

I realize that this is like talking to a brick wall, because if you could reason with believers, there wouldn't be any. It is almost impossible to reason someone out of a position that he arrived at without the use of reason.

You said, "Good luck with your quest for "evidence" in hell you posers."
      Don't you worry your pretty little head about it. Atheists will do fine. Atheists aren't burdened by the delusional fairy tales that religiots, like yourself, cling to. Atheists tend to embrace reality.

Your hell, just like your god is a fantasy.

June 27, 2013 at 11:10 am |
    • PeterVN

fred is exemplary of the four adjectives there.

June 27, 2013 at 11:11 am |
    • fred

This is the only item in the arsenal of a moron atheist. Unfortunately, it's a +10 stupid wooden stick that strikes the holder in the face with repeatedly.

The film "Idiocracy" is the future of the planet with atheists in charge. Enjoy your "teen mom" trash.

June 27, 2013 at 11:16 am |
    • tallulah13

I suspect that you know an athieist or two that you admire very much, Fred. You probably don't know that they are atheists, though. They probably know that you are judgmental and ignorant and just don't want to deal with the tantrum you'd throw if you knew the truth.

June 27, 2013 at 11:18 am |
    • The real Tom

What's the matter, fred? You seem a bit upset.

June 27, 2013 at 11:20 am |
    • lol??

Callin' A&A's unintelligent reaaaalllly hurts them. That's not the pwoblem though. The pwoblem is their gods are schmarter than them.

June 27, 2013 at 11:20 am |
    • The real Tom

fred: "They are the most disgusting, vile idiots in the entire world."

Oh, please. You've never been to a town that has buildings with more than 2 stories.

June 27, 2013 at 11:22 am |
    • fred

Welcome, Tom. I'm surprised to see you online. I thought this was the one hour of the day you actually dragged yourself away from your dungeon to let your life partner that you hadn't drowned yourself in Mountain Dew.

June 27, 2013 at 11:23 am |
    • mike

Hey fred, I'd rather spend eternity in hell than with a sociopathic and hateful god. Has it ever occurred to you that if there IS a God and a Satan, that the latter has hoodwinked you into worshipping him? Because an awful lot of the supposed actions of your God are morally unjustifiable. The Bible was written by man, and Satan supposedly thrives on deception of man, so...do the math. Sleep tight!

June 27, 2013 at 11:24 am |
    • lol??

See it's kinda like when Lois and Superman are having a tiff over the quickies in the phone booths. Lois doesn't like that "faster than a speeding bullet" action.

June 27, 2013 at 11:26 am |
    • The real Tom

Never liked Mountain Dew, honey. What's the matter, sweetie? You seem terribly annoyed. Are you that bothered by atheists? Why? Or is it gay marriage that has you all worked up?

June 27, 2013 at 11:26 am |
    • fred

Mike, I just wanted to take this time to let you know, from the bottom of my heart, that I didn't bother reading past your first sentence. I gathered immediately that you're just another worker bee in the hive mind incapable of originating a thought of your own, instead, you predictably regurgitate what others have told you.

June 27, 2013 at 11:29 am |
    • LinCA

@fred

You said, "My my. Take a look at this ram-rod hive mind. If you don't believe in the teachings of the Bible, don't pain yourselves with scouring the Internet to locate teachings to claim hypocrisy."
      Of course, if it isn't in your precious book of fairy tales, it holds no value. Goes to show that you can lead a religiot to knowledge, but you can't make him think.

It's sad, really. So much wasted on worship of imaginary creatures.

You said, "How ironic. "I don't believe in the Bible, but I'll use it to try to win an Internet quarrel.""
      The only thing that you can prove with bible quotes, is that it is complete bullshit.

You said, "This is the only item in the arsenal of a moron atheist."
      No, reason is the most potent weapon in the arsenal of atheists. It is unfortunately only effective on people who are capable of understanding it. Religiots tend to have a natural defense against it. Religiots are immune to reason because of their low intelligence. It is cultivated by years of indoctrination and resistance to education.

You said, "Unfortunately, it's a +10 stupid wooden stick that strikes the holder in the face with repeatedly."
      Nah.

You said, "Enjoy your "teen mom" trash."
      Funny, but the core demographic that shows like that are aimed at, is the christian trailer trash.

June 27, 2013 at 11:30 am |
    • fred

Uh oh, Tom is using the passive aggressive tactic. What ever shall I do?

No one said you liked Mountain Dew.

June 27, 2013 at 11:32 am |
    • cedar rapids

Tell you what Fred, we will let you declare what you are...are you a troll or simply a false christian?

June 27, 2013 at 11:32 am |
    • The real Tom

Why are you so angry, fred?

June 27, 2013 at 11:33 am |
    • Segoy

Good call Fred. You summed Tom up exactly right.

June 27, 2013 at 11:33 am |
    • The real Tom

"fred", why are you posting under yet another new name? Why do you have to keep changing your moniker? Are you embarrassed by your previous postings?

June 27, 2013 at 11:34 am |

@LinCA

A for effort.

F for your ability to convince anyone you actually understand anything you wasted your time typing.

Keep up the good work.

June 27, 2013 at 11:35 am |
    • The real Tom

Oh, is that so, Segoy? How would you know?

June 27, 2013 at 11:35 am |
    • Segoy

In a few seconds a person can sum you up Tom. Lin at least offers up some genuine information. You just prattle on like a troll.

June 27, 2013 at 11:39 am |
    • Happy Atheist

fred is just a sad little angry man, but I won't hold it against him. I'm happy and I know that even though there is still a long way to go to rid our secular government of religious morons, we are on the right track and the religious know it which is why they get so angry and froth at the mouth in panic of losing their power. I do find watching them froth somehow satisfying though, so froth away fred.

June 27, 2013 at 11:40 am |
    • Jules

Fred is not Christian. He has not displayed one ounce of Christ-like behavior yet. He must be a troll. What is the purpose of such behavior?

June 27, 2013 at 11:43 am |
    • fred

Happy, your assertion does not comply with your convictions.

June 27, 2013 at 11:43 am |
    • Segoy

You should be happy, it's in your name 🙂
      It would be false advertising otherwise.

June 27, 2013 at 11:44 am |
    • fred

Jules, you are implying that it is wrong of a Christian to say what he wishes, but atheists get a free pass to badger Christians at will. For reference, please see each comment section of the belief blog.

June 27, 2013 at 11:46 am |
    • In Santa we trust

fred, Of course atheists will resist when believers push their religious beliefs into public life and laws; that is the crux of why you're posting on this comment – your religious beliefs say that equality for gays is not acceptable.

June 27, 2013 at 11:51 am |
    • sam stone

fred: eat your shotgun. you could be svcking off jeebus in no time

June 27, 2013 at 11:57 am |
    • cedar rapids

'you are implying that it is wrong of a Christian to say what he wishes,'

well of course it is when what you are saying is hate, your own bible states that. Bizarre that you need us to point that out to you.

June 27, 2013 at 11:57 am |
    • lol??

A&A's are actually suicidal. They are always chasing the golden goose lookin' for more.

June 27, 2013 at 11:58 am |
    • The real Tom

Segoy, if you have a gripe with my posts, then ignore them. I believe the troll here is you and that you're angry because you've had your ass handed to you on multiple occasions. Try some diaper cream, dear.

June 27, 2013 at 11:58 am |
    • Happy Atheist

I am happy as I mentioned, and being happy I can enjoy watching fred froth. What is so hard to understand about that?

June 27, 2013 at 11:59 am |
    • The real Tom

Fred and Segoy, you are free to say what you wish. And anyone is free to treat your posts with the scorn and ridicule they so richly deserve.

June 27, 2013 at 12:00 pm |
    • fred

Did I say anything about DOMA? The last time I checked, I was unable to locate a valid reason as to why gays should not be allowed to marry. How about the post above from the benevolent atheist mastermind claiming that religion should be criminalized? And my thoughts on the intelligence of atheists has somehow glistened in the limelight? It would outwardly appear that atheists post here for the specific purpose of generating piles of text-based fap material. I can picture some of them squealing with joy each time they post, as though they've just signed a treaty to end a world war. "Look at me and my glory, for all that I have done in three sentences."

It's not only petty, but sometimes embarrassing to watch. Like a car wreck with blood everywhere, it is impossible to look away.

June 27, 2013 at 12:03 pm |
    • Science

Hey Freddie where is your sock puppet doogie ?

June 27, 2013 at 12:04 pm |
    • Daniel

It's like watching Costello get frustrated by Abbott as he's trying to learn who's on first. We atheists calmly explain what the reality is and the religious keep misinterpreting the facts because they don't line up with their preconceived ideology.

June 27, 2013 at 12:05 pm |
    • The real Tom

If you find it impossible to look away, fred, perhaps you should pray for some self-control.

June 27, 2013 at 12:05 pm |
    • fred

Tom, I do not need your permission to speak to you as you deserve to be spoken to. I've noticed that quite a few of your fellow atheist "friends" have grown tired of your disturbing negativity. Everyone is sick of you short of a small handful of trolls. Flock of a feather.

June 27, 2013 at 12:07 pm |
    • EnjaySea

Fred struck out at atheism with: Good luck with your quest for "evidence" in hell you posers." Notice how he puts evidence in quotes, implying that requiring evidence is a trivial, contrivance, invented by the feeble-minded.

Fred. I don't believe in your god, or your Hell, because there is no evidence for your god, or your Hell. Evidence is a crucial requirement for accepting truth.

And your anger and vitriol does nothing to draw me into the warm embrace of Christianity.

June 27, 2013 at 12:08 pm |
    • fred

I'll take your suggestion with a blank stare, Tom. After all, it's what you expect.

June 27, 2013 at 12:09 pm |
    • The real Tom

Ah, so you've changed your moniker, HUH.

I thought it might be you.

June 27, 2013 at 12:09 pm |
    • Filthy Hind I love to Mithrism lick and talk Islam bunk

Thanks ferd the turd for proving my point.
      You took the bait and addressed only the easy points.
      You failed to address the substantive points.

June 27, 2013 at 12:11 pm |
    • Elaine

fred, insulting those who don't agree with you seems to be central to how you practise your religion.

June 27, 2013 at 12:12 pm |

Enjay, I do not care.

Tom, thought I might be who exactly? You keep making this claim, but you do so with a great deal of doubt. Directly making the accusation without providing the name of whoever it is you think I am. How long do you plan on keeping this up? Until you are competent enough to think of another one of your quips to insult me with? If you only knew the anticipation I feel.

Heck, I can't keep it in. I feel none.

June 27, 2013 at 12:13 pm |
    • cedar rapids

'I've noticed that quite a few of your fellow atheist "friends" have grown tired of your disturbing negativity'

Ok thats funny that you have the nerve to talk about other's 'disturbing negativity'

June 27, 2013 at 12:14 pm |
    • fred

Filthy, you don't have any substantial points to make. You should ask yourself for an apology for not entertaining yourself properly.

June 27, 2013 at 12:15 pm |
    • The real Tom

"if you have a gripe with my posts, then ignore them"

How about you take your own advice you fake.

June 27, 2013 at 12:16 pm |
    • The real Tom

"Tom, thought I might be who exactly"?

I just told you: HUH. You appear to use the same language and have the same style. Why change monikers?

What "quips" have I made?

June 27, 2013 at 12:16 pm |

June 27, 2013 at 12:17 pm |
    • fred

Tom, there's no moniker conspiracy.

June 27, 2013 at 12:20 pm |
    • The real Tom

Did I say there was a conspiracy? Your posts and your apparent animus toward me bear a marked resemblance to those posted by "HUH" the other day.

They bear no resemblance to those of the "fred" who posts here frequently.

June 27, 2013 at 12:23 pm |
    • cedar rapids

'fred = Cedar, see my reply to Jules. If that doesn't satisfy your despair, then I suppose you'll just have to suck it up like an adult.'

Despair? oh my dear fred, i take no despair in pointing out your hypocrisy, quite the opposite in fact.
      As for your reply to jules, I had already responded to that but will post it again to enlighten you.....

'you are implying that it is wrong of a Christian to say what he wishes,'
      Bizarre that you need us to point that out to you.

June 27, 2013 at 12:23 pm |
    • fred

Tom, should you need the information to comfort your paranoia, I have no idea who "huh" is.

Cedar, I don't need you to point out anything. It is bizarre that you feel that you are actually needed on the Internet.

June 27, 2013 at 12:26 pm |
    • The real Tom

Oh, sweetie, I'm not in need of any comfort from you.
      Are you going to call me passive aggressive again? You never did explain what "quips" I've made at your expense. I'd really love to see them.

June 27, 2013 at 12:28 pm |
    • .

Tom thinks he is the blog detective. Just humor him. He obviously has little to do through his day than hang out here and try to figure out who is using what usernames, while he steals other people's names.

June 27, 2013 at 12:31 pm |
    • cedar rapids

'I don't need you to point out anything.'

ah so you knowingly and willingly set yourself on the path to hell?
      oh well you should have said.

June 27, 2013 at 12:32 pm |
    • Richard Cranium

mas enots
      It is called a typographical error aka typo.
      Even intelligent people make errors. It does not change the fact that I am intelligent. Get over it.

June 27, 2013 at 12:36 pm |
    • fred

I never called you passive aggressive. I said that it is a tactic. As for the other semantic subject of quips, just another form of being passive aggressive in making the request to begin with. I give you no answer. Because I know it will irritate you.

June 27, 2013 at 12:40 pm |
    • fred

Narcissism: Announcing that you are intelligent.

Your opinion of yourself, although wrong, will not be noted.

June 27, 2013 at 12:42 pm |
    • The real Tom

I don't find it irritating at all, fred. Just amusing. I like seeing your responses to my posts.

June 27, 2013 at 12:44 pm |
    • Richard Cranium

fred
      I have an IQ over 150, and have been the subject of studies along with all of my siblings at a local University. It is what the experts have told me since I was a child. I seriously doubt you can comprehend much of the what I have studied. I am not a narcisist, far from it...simply stating fact. So I am an intelligent atheist, as are most atheists I know. To bad it is much more difficult to find high intelligence in those who cling to religious ideas.

June 27, 2013 at 12:51 pm |
    • Science

Chris Christie Blasts Gay Marriage Rulings (VIDEO) ...............your FOX BUDDIES Freddie ?

The Huffington Post | By Paige Lavender Posted: 06/27/2013 9:21 am EDT | Updated:

06/27/2013 10:16 am EDT

June 27, 2013 at 12:58 pm |
    • Well Duh

Having a high IQ is in direct conflict with being religious. The lower the IQ the more eligible a person is for religion or to be taken advantage of by unscrupulous profiteers. The same people that easily fall for pyramid schemes are the same ones who show up on Sunday to listen to the preacher tell them how wonderful they are. If you tell a moron what they want to hear they will never doubt. "All you have to do is sell just 5 of these kits to your friends or neighbors and you make your money back and then it's easy money for the rest of your life! Trust me! You can't lose!"

June 27, 2013 at 1:07 pm |
    • lol??

Bernie Madoff (with the dough) didn't bother with dimwitted low wage earners, silly. Too much effort for the return.

June 27, 2013 at 1:30 pm |
    • LinCA

@fred

You said, "A for effort.
      "
      Thanks for the assessment, but you'll forgive me for not giving a shit about what a dimwit like you thinks.

You said, "Keep up the good work."
      Oh, I will. I know that you are a lost cause. For people with such stunted intellectual growth, all we can do is contain the damage that they do, and hope we can shield future generations from the influence of their mental illness.

June 27, 2013 at 3:30 pm |
    • lol??

Oh, oooooohhhh, LinCA is another Wegodian. MOB POWER!!

June 27, 2013 at 10:12 pm |