home
RSS
Do Christians, Muslims and Jews worship the same God?
September 1st, 2013

Do Christians, Muslims and Jews worship the same God?

Opinion by Jeffrey Weiss, Special to CNN

(CNN) - Pope Francis surprised Israeli and Palestinian leaders last month when he invited them to a special prayer ceremony at the Vatican this Sunday - not least because religion has often been the source, not the salve, of the region's conflicts.

Still, Pope Francis offered his "home" - the Vatican - as the perfect place to plea for some divine assistance, and Israeli President Shimon Peres and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas dutifully agreed to attend.

"The Pope has placed it in this perspective: Prayer is like a force for peace,” Vatican Secretary of State Archbishop Pietro Parolin told Vatican Radio.

"We hope that there, where human efforts have so far failed, the Lord offers to all the wisdom and fortitude to carry out a real peace plan."

But Sunday's special ceremony at the Vatican raises an interesting question: When Francis, Peres and Abbas bow their heads in prayer, will they be talking to the same God?

After all, Jews, Christians and Muslims all trace their faiths back to a fellow named Abraham, whom they all claim was chosen for special treatment by the Almighty.

Not academic

The “same God” question is one theologians have hammered at for as long as there have been enough religions for the query to make sense.

The question is hardly academic, though. In fact, a number of politicians, religious leaders and scholars have expressed hope in recent years that a convincing answer on the God question might dampen the violence committed in His name.

Yale Divinity School theologian Miroslav Volf recently edited a book titled “Do We Worship the Same God? Jews, Christians, and Muslims in Dialogue.”

In the introduction, Volf explained why the title question matters:

"To ask: ‘Do we have a common God?’ is, among other things, to worry: ‘Can we live together?’ That’s why whether or not a given community worships the same god as does another community has always been a crucial cultural and political question and not just a theological one."

On the other hand, there’s CNN Belief Blog contributor and Boston University religion professor Stephen Prothero.

His book on this subject is titled “God Is Not One: The Eight Rival Religions That Run The World.”

Prothero writes:

“For more than a generation we have followed scholars and sages down the rabbit hole into a fantasy world where all gods are one … In fact this naive theological groupthink – call it Godthink – has made the world more dangerous by blinding us to the clash of religions that threaten us worldwide.”

In the world of politics, President George W. Bush asserted the unity side of the argument more than once in the years after the 9/11 attacks - often as a way to deflect accusations that America was at war with Islam.

Bush told Al Arabiya television, “I believe there is a universal God. I believe the God that the Muslim prays to is the same God that I pray to. After all, we all came from Abraham. I believe in that universality.”

Pope Francis invites Israeli, Palestinian leaders to Vatican peace talks

Pope John Paul II drew from the same rhetorical well several times.

“We believe in the same God, the one God, the living God, the God who created the world and brings his creatures to their perfection,” he first said in a speech to Muslims in Morocco in 1985.

Looking for a more recent example? Consider the plight of Vatican envoy to Malaysia.

Shortly after he arrived there last year, Archbishop Joseph Marino said that is was fine by him that Christian translations of the Bible into Malay use the word “Allah” for “God.”

“Allah” is, of course, the Arabic word for God and is found in the Quran. The Christian translators explained that since most Malaysians are Muslim, it’s the word they’re most comfortable with and therefore the best choice for the translation.

But many Muslim authorities in Malaysia were furious. They say Christians are slipping in the familiar word as a way to convert Muslims. And conversion of Muslims is all but illegal in Malaysia.

There’s a lawsuit ongoing about the translations. Marino had to apologize for pushing into Malaysian politics.

Points of disagreement

So what do the “Abrahamic” religions disagree about?

Among other things: the purpose of humanity, the relationship of God and humanity, sin, forgiveness, salvation, the afterlife, Jesus, Muhammad, the calendar, and the religious importance of Abraham himself.

Plus the nature of God.

Any summary will leave out enormous nuance. Internal divisions within religions have fueled some of the worst examples of human violence. Consider the long and frequently bloody history of troubles between Catholics and Protestants or the growing death toll of Muslim-on-Muslim attacks.

But there are common elements about God widely accepted in each tradition.

Judaism

Start with Judaism, since it came first and established roots that carried into the other two.

Jewish tradition teaches that there is one and only one God, creator of everything, and He established physical and moral laws. As Judaism’s preeminent prayer says: “The Lord our God, the Lord is one.”

This God walks and talks directly with His creations – for a while.

Eventually, He chooses one particular nomad (Abraham) to father a mighty nation that God sets up as an example to other nations.

This God likes the smell of burning meat and demands other extremely specific physical offerings as evidence of obedience and repentance. And He gives His chosen people a particular set of laws – but doesn’t mind discussion and even argument about those laws.

A famous rabbinic saying implies that every word in Judaism’s sacred texts can be understood in 70 correct (but related) ways. And human reasoning can even trump divine intention. (No kidding. It’s in the Talmud)

This God judges His people every year. Tradition says he’s willing to accept imperfection, as long as it comes with repentance.

He’s big on obedience, not so much on faith. He’s not nearly as attentive to the behaviors of non-Jews. (There’s a famous Jewish joke with the punch line “Would you mind choosing somebody else once in a while?”)

Tradition holds that there’s a World To Come after death where moral accounts will somehow be settled. But this God is vague on details.

Christianity

The most obvious differences in the Christian God are the traditional teachings about the Trinity and Jesus. God is three separate persons who are also one. How? Christianity says the Trinity is a “mystery” of faith.

According to Christian tradition, God begets a son who is somehow also Him but not Him to atone for Original Sin. He sacrifices that son though a brutal death and thus achieves humanity's salvation.

But the son, who also is God, rises from the dead. And that sacrifice redeems eternally all who accept and believe in it. Faith, not behavior, is the essential measure of salvation.

This God is willing to vastly expand what it means to be among His “chosen people.” He’s also willing to cancel many of the laws that had applied to that chosen group for this expanded membership.

Orthodox Jews say that God prohibits them from eating a cheeseburger; Christians say God has no problem with them wolfing down Big Macs.

Unlike the Jewish God, whose instructions are almost all about this world, the Christian God is focused more on eternal salvation: heaven and hell.

Finally, for this God, much of the Jewish scriptures (which are all God’s word) are actually about foreshadowing Jesus. Including Abraham.

Islam

The Muslim God is a bit more like the Jewish God.

There is no Trinity in Muslim tradition. Jesus was a prophet, but no more divine than other prophets.

God has never has had anything like physical attributes and has no gender. (Some Muslim commentators say that the noun “Allah” is masculine, but only in the way that all nouns in some languages include gender.)

Muslim tradition holds that God wants one thing from humans: Submission. The word “Islam” is defined as “submission to the will of God.”

For Muslims, all true prophets in Jewish and Christian traditions were actually Muslim because they knew to submit correctly to God. Differences between Muslim, Jewish and Christian interpretations of God are due to errors that crept into the other two faiths, Islam teaches.

The Muslim God, like the other two, initially demanded that Abraham sacrifice a son. But the Muslim God wanted Abraham’s son Ishmael, not Isaac, who Jewish tradition holds was offered as a the sacrifice.

The Muslim God also designated, from before the world began, a perfect man to be his final prophet: Muhammad. God’s perfect truths are found only in the Quran and in the sayings of Muhammad, the hadiths.

And the Muslim God, like the Christian God but unlike the Jewish God, will welcome believers to paradise and condemn many non-Muslims - exactly which ones is a matter of much discussion - to eternal torment.

Final answer

So do Christians Muslims, and Jews, really all worship the same God?

In two major volumes on the subject recently published by scholars from various faiths and traditions, including Volf’s, the most inclusive response from these scholars is basically: Yes, and it’s our God.

This is not a new way of answering the question.

In 1076, Pope Gregory VII wrote this to a Muslim leader: “We believe in and confess one God, admittedly, in a different way…”

But like many other religious leaders on all sides of the argument, Gregory insisted that his version of the Almighty is the one whom the others are unknowingly and incompletely worshiping.

A less exclusivist set of religions might shrug off the differences. But all three claim to have the only “True Faith.”

So do all three faiths actually worship the same deity, whether they call him God or Allah or Adonai?

God only knows.

Jeffrey Weiss is an award-winning religion reporter in Dallas.The views expressed in this column belong to Weiss. A version of this story first ran in September 2013.

CNN's Daniel Burke contributed to this article.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Christianity • History • Islam • Judaism • Muslim • Religious violence • Torah • Vatican

soundoff (7,438 Responses)
  1. hello world

2008 I tried to hang myself after some time of depression. I locked myself into a toilet at the mental hospital in Sweden. I hanges myself with a shoe laze. I had no belief in rescue or God. I was hanging there for up to 4 minutes. I was somewhat afraid and hanging there was really hard. I was suffocating and the panic grew every minute. It seemed that I would never die. In a desperate attempt I was hoping to get rescued. In my mind I tried to focus on Jews...on muhammed and on Jesus.

My pain dissapered and saw a gentle light consuming everything. I heard voices as nurses rushed in. They cut me off with a scissor. Then they rushed me to a brain scanning. But I was alive...after that my life chan ged. A year later in the middle of the day I saw a man in a vision. He had a crown of thorns on his head. He was in great pain and had his eyes shut to me.. He was about 30 yrs and looked middle eastern or jewish.

Four years later after many prayers and great hope I was reliefed of hatred, violence, pride and hoplesness. This is my testimony.

September 10, 2013 at 7:37 am |
  2. Furk Yew

Christians, muslims and jews are all equally myth believers.

September 10, 2013 at 7:08 am |
  3. karie

Many people believe Santa Claus is god. He said he could do miraculous things and many many people have seen him travel around the world delivering presents. He wasn't a great moral leader, but he was very nice

September 10, 2013 at 3:21 am |
    • Atheist, me?

Why Ms Katie its really simple I have seen Xtians live like gays and Jews live like Xtians to understand them. If you want to understand Christ just make "I love my neighbor as myself" your dominant thought. After this you will see things differently. Try saying this 10 times each at 6am and 6pm for starters! Then add 9am, 12 am 3pm when you are ready! Don't be afraid it works!

September 10, 2013 at 5:18 am |
  4. karie

Most people don't believe in Christ. Not in a saving faith kind of way. Most would say he was a good, moral teacher.
    That isn't true.

September 10, 2013 at 3:16 am |
  5. karie

Jesus taught a lesson on forgiveness few give much thought to, though it is vital for one's spiritual life, here and hereafter

September 10, 2013 at 3:12 am |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

It's a good thing the spirit and hereafter are myths so.

September 10, 2013 at 3:14 am |
  6. truthbeknown

please point to the criticisms leveled at sam stone by atheists.

since none exists, atheists lack the moral authority and the common sense to make credible arguments about god's existence and his character

September 10, 2013 at 1:14 am |
    • truthbeknown

what evidence do you require to prove to your satisfaction, that a drug would be fun to try?

September 10, 2013 at 1:29 am |
      • truthbeknown

i am glad to see no one here does drugs. the typical person needs very little proof. the word of others is more than enough to initiate some experimentation for many.

a false standard requiring excess evidence is demanded by those too frightened to see for themselves

September 10, 2013 at 1:55 am |
    • Observer

Unlike the Bible, most atheists don't support slavery and discrimination against women, gays, and the handicapped.

So much for "morals" in the Bible.

September 10, 2013 at 1:58 am |
      • Atheist, me?

Where in the Bible was it forbidden
        for cousins to marry and in which
        country are cousins forbidden to
        marry that you wud accuse Noah’s
        family of incest!
        Another biblical blunder, Observer!
        It takes time to understand the
        story. Give yourself time!

September 10, 2013 at 5:09 am |
      • karie

So, you don't condemn Sam stone.

September 10, 2013 at 9:02 am |
        • okay

not one virus condemns the pedophile pervert sambo the stoned dork! shocker!

September 18, 2013 at 7:49 pm |
        • okay

not one virus condemns the pedophile pervert sambo the stoned dork! shocker!

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

September 18, 2013 at 8:06 pm |
  7. Frank Mondana

Why is this even a question? Many people within the same religion don't worship the same God!

I always laugh when this topic comes up because the answer "no" doesn't even need lots of debate. The Christian Bible itself contains 2 completely different "One God's". The Jewish faith has at least 3 different god's. Catholics have 7 (at my last count) deities all with completely different teachings and demands.

September 10, 2013 at 12:32 am |
    • Atheist, me?

Now why do you sound like that automaton called Reality!

September 10, 2013 at 1:10 am |
  8. Atheist, me?

Where in the Bible was it forbidden
    for cousins to marry and in which
    country are cousins forbidden to
    marry that you wud accuse Noah’s
    family of incest!
    Another biblical blunder, Observer!
    It takes time to understand the
    story. Give yourself time!

September 9, 2013 at 9:47 pm |
    • Observer

Atheist, me?

"Where in the Bible was it forbidden for cousins to marry and in which country are cousins forbidden to marry that you wud accuse Noah’s family of incest! Another biblical blunder, Observer! It takes time to understand the story. Give yourself time!"

In what country are cousins forbidden to marry?. One of them is the UNITED STATES. Several states prohibit this incest.

OOOOOPS! Another biblical blunder for you. Give yourself time to do some research in the future.

September 10, 2013 at 1:23 am |
  9. goddog

Haha... When are we going to stop presenting the existence of a god as given, and then ask a ridiculous question on top of it? Does god like yellow better than blue? Since there is no proof that any god does or ever has existed I don't think any two Jews worship the same god... or any two Christians etc...

September 9, 2013 at 6:31 pm |
    • karie

The day atheists stop presuming god doesn't exist, they will learn that he does.

September 10, 2013 at 1:27 am |
      • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

Nope, the day atheists stop presuming there are no deities is when we finally discover conclusive proof of their non-existence.

September 10, 2013 at 1:37 am |
        • karie

See what I mean?

September 10, 2013 at 2:00 am |
        • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

No, not even slightly.

September 10, 2013 at 2:02 am |
      • Observer

karie,

Just like atheists, you can't prove God exists or doesn't exist. What was your point?

September 10, 2013 at 2:03 am |
        • Refresh

If by proof you want scientific proof then you're right, for the simple fact that science cannot PROVE anything, just merely suggest. The proof that God exists, though, is that without God you cannot know anything, you do know things, therefore God must exist.

September 10, 2013 at 12:16 pm |
  10. SolomonSez

Take 5 minutes and read the Truth – God's Truth testifying who Jesus is... and the reality of those who claim to be sons of Abraham, but deny the Truth of Jesus as the Image of the invisible God. Read and believe... and be saved by Christ... by faith, not by works. Take 5 minutes and read. Ignore the lies of this CNN blog writer and the deceivers who try to lead you away from Jesus. These people speaks the language of Satan... lies and deception. Take 5 minutes and read. Peace to you all!

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. (John 1)

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.” Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.” Then they asked him, “Where is your father?” “You do not know me or my Father,” Jesus replied. “If you knew me, you would know my Father also.” He spoke these words while teaching in the temple courts near the place where the offerings were put. Yet no one seized him, because his hour had not yet come. Once more Jesus said to them, “I am going away, and you will look for me, and you will die in your sin. Where I go, you cannot come.” This made the Jews ask, “Will he kill himself? Is that why he says, ‘Where I go, you cannot come’?” But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.” “Who are you?” they asked. “Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied. “I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.” They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.” Even as he spoke, many believed in him. To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?” Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. I know that you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word. I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father.” “Abraham is our father,” they answered. “If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would do what Abraham did. As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. You are doing the works of your own father.” “We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.” Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” The Jews answered him, “Aren’t we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?” “I am not possessed by a demon,” said Jesus, “but I honor my Father and you dishonor me. I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.” At this they exclaimed, “Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that whoever obeys your word will never taste death. Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?” Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!” “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

Thanks be to Christ... our Lord, Savior and living God!!

September 9, 2013 at 5:50 pm |
    • Clarence Alexander

Your comment is too long, and you lose your "audience" when you expect them to listen to a Bible Lesson. Figure out how to make your point without preaching.

September 9, 2013 at 6:39 pm |
    • oneyahweh

John 14:6
      I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, THE ONLY WAY TO MY FATHER IS THROUGH ME.
      JESUS THE CHRIST
      AMEN AND AMEN! 😉

September 9, 2013 at 7:09 pm |
      • Athy

Turn off your caps lock!

September 9, 2013 at 7:21 pm |
  11. Refresh

Why say they're the same when most of the article is on the differences?
    Jesus is God (John 1:1, 5:18, Phil 2:7, Jude 1:4-5, Rev 21:7, etc.)
    Any one who denies this is worshiping a different god than Jesus.

I could understand some confusion over Christianity and Judaism (as we may have to answer "what about Jews for Jesus") but to confuse God with Allah is ignorance at its best.

Christian's God is love (1 John 4:8) /Islam's Allah has 99 names, none of which is love
    God in the Bible binds himself to covenant fulfillment, not so in the Quran.
    God sent Jesus to pay the penalty for our covenant breaking sin, the Quran rejects this.
    God punishes all sin (either the person personally or vicariously through Jesus Christ), Allah is unjust in punishing only some and not others (As entrance into heaven is by his mercy, not his justice).
    God is triune, the Quranic version is Allah is one and rejects the mistaken trinity of the Father, Son, and Mary (5:116)
    God never made the same Abrahamic covenant with Ishmael (the Midianites Judges 8:22-24), so Muslims have no part in Abraham's covenant.
    Abraham never traveled 800 miles from Gerar to Mecca to build the Kaaba, so the pilgrimage is a waste of time.
    Allah is a god that doesn't love his enemies whereas the Biblical God does.
    Islam made up stories in the Quran and as it's book is man made, so is it's Allah.

September 9, 2013 at 5:43 pm |
  12. Our take on your take.

We got an overwhelming response to the opinion piece "Do Jews, Christians and Muslims worship the same God”, an mojority of responses came from the
    atheists who claimed to know more than the Christians.

Poster 'ev illusion' writes, "According to a recent PEW survey, atheists know more than the Christians", Poster 'fsm' agreed and wrote, "We know more than the Christians", we were unable to independently verify these claims and are not sure what it is that the atheists know more of?!?

Poster 'Abdul' and 'Fareed' recited verses from the Koran.

Poster 'ZR225' shared pertinent information about G_d's revelation to Moses and the people on Mount Sinai.

Poster 'Robert Christian' wrote he hopes for peace among God's creation and shared the message that God is the great "I AM"

September 9, 2013 at 1:39 pm |
    • Our take on your take.

We got an overwhelming response to the opinion piece "Do Jews, Christians and Muslims worship the same God”, majority of responses were from the atheists who claimed to know more than the Christians.

Poster 'Abdul' and 'Fareed' recited verses from the Koran.

September 9, 2013 at 1:48 pm |
  13. Starlord

One small but significant correction: Jews are taught that G-d states, "You shall have no god before me." This does not preclude the existence of other gods, but that Jews shall not worship any other god.
    Since Judaism is a pragmatic religion, more of law than faith, following the rules set in the Torah is paramount. What others believe is of little concern to Jews, since Judaism is a non-proselytizing religion.

September 9, 2013 at 1:36 pm |
    • ME II

Doesn't it also allow for gods "after" Him, minor deities perhaps?

September 9, 2013 at 1:45 pm |
      • Starlord

As a Jew, I was taught that the serpents of the Pharoah's magicians were devoured not because they represented a 'false' god(s), but because when it came to the Jews, Yahweh reigns supreme. There's also a story taught to young Jews, that when the Pharoah's soldiers were drowned at the closing of the sea of reeds that the host of heaven cheered. But, G-d admonished them for celebrating the death of his children., the Egyptians. I was also taught that there are as many aspects of G-d as there are people, that no two people see G-d exactly the same way.

September 9, 2013 at 2:06 pm |
    • Refresh

Isaiah 41:29 are words for you, then.

September 9, 2013 at 5:49 pm |
  14. Observer

Stanky is beautiful.

September 9, 2013 at 11:07 am |
  15. truthbeknown

where's stanky? we want stanky. we want stanky. we want stanky.

September 9, 2013 at 11:00 am |
  16. truthbeknown

stanky patch oberver is my fav

September 9, 2013 at 10:52 am |
  17. Bruce

Hell No............

September 9, 2013 at 7:35 am |
  18. Lionly Lamb

Religious Islamism is made up of many varying sects being somewhat very similar in natures toward Christian varieties yet there are marked differences. Although some Christians tend to feed rather liberally upon simplified religious adversities around different Christendom valuations: there is a marked difference within many chauvinistic male dominated Islamic sects…

The male dominated Islamic religions seem to render becoming likened toward Islamic fascism. These male dominated fascist Islamic regimes of broken brotherhoods bear’s tendencies toward upsetting the socialized religious mainstays of Christian and other multi-various religious folds setting forth and establishing multi-disciplined interdependencies within their Quran written understandings being terminally shed within their vocalized Islamic schisms…

While regarding their religious continuities becoming liberally more fascist: Islam suppresses the women of Islamism via Islamic male infidelities being the dominant factors of Islamic women’s servitudes. Today’s so called Muslim Brotherhoods are but fascist bands of youth orientated Islamists seeking out socialized nationalistic power thru physically violent means as is now being played out within the Middle East nations as is now the case in Syria….

September 9, 2013 at 4:53 am |
  19. Hibernia86

None of these three gods exist so isn't it kind of a moot point?

September 9, 2013 at 12:46 am |
  20. We need new tax laws for these fundy churches!!!

Under the new plan, all churches should pay the same tax as everyone else. If they are a fundamentalist church, they should be able to claim and get a tax break for charitable work performed, but it should not be a straight cash deduction. Rather, it should only be in the form of redeemable certificates for dance lessons.

September 8, 2013 at 10:59 pm |