home
RSS
For some Wiccans, Halloween can be a real witch
Trey Capnerhurst, a traditional witch, performs a naming ceremony by the altar in her backyard in Alberta.
October 30th, 2013

For some Wiccans, Halloween can be a real witch

By Daniel Burke, Belief Blog Co-editor

(CNN) -  Like lots of people, when October 31 rolls around, Trey Capnerhurst dons a pointy hat and doles out candy to children who darken the door of her cottage in Alberta.

But she’s not celebrating Halloween. In fact, she kind of hates it.

Capnerhurst says she’s a real, flesh-and-blood witch, and Halloween stereotypes of witches as broom-riding hags drive her a bit batty.

“Witches are not fictional creatures,” the 45-year-old wrote in a recent article on WitchVox.com.

“We are not werewolves or Frankenstein monsters. We do not have green skin, and only some of us have warts.”

Warts or not, many witches say they have mixed feelings about Halloween.

Some look forward to the day when witchcraft is front and center and no one looks askance at big black hats. Others complain that the holiday reinforces negative stereotypes of witches as evil outliers who boil children in black cauldrons.

Capnerhurst falls into the latter camp.

Hanging up witch decorations at Halloween is no better than wearing blackface costumes or taking a slur, like “Redskins,” as the name of your football team, she says.

“Unless one actually is a witch, dressing up as stereotypical witches is bigotry,” Capnerhurst said.

In June, the wife and mother of two started her own church for “traditional” witches called Disir, an old Norse word meaning “matron deities,” she says.

(Capnerhurst draws a distinction between “traditional” witches, like her, who were born into the religion, and Wiccans, most of whom are converts.)

Most Wiccans identify as witches, and they form the largest branch of the burgeoning neo-pagan movement, said Helen A. Berger, a sociologist who specializes in the study of contemporary Paganism and witchcraft at Brandeis University.

A 2008 survey counted about 342,000 Wiccans in the United States and nearly as many who identify simply as “pagans,” a significant increase from the last American Religious Identification Survey, taken in 2001.

Three-quarters of American Wiccans are women, according to Berger.

“It’s harder to train male Wiccans,” Capnerhurst said with a cheery sigh. “Most men just aren’t going to sweep the kitchen and think about sweeping out the bad energy.”

The faith is fiercely individualistic. Although there are umbrella groups like Wisconsin-based Circle Sanctuary, most Wiccans practice their own blends of witchcraft.

After centuries of persecution in Europe and colonial America, modern witches still bear a sharp suspicion of authority. The rede, or ethical statement at the core of Wicca, is: Harm none and do as you will.

Despite the rising popularity of their faith, many Wiccans remain “in the broom closet,” fearful of losing their jobs, their families or their reputations, said Berger and other experts.

Trey Capnerhurst in her traditional witch garb.

Capnerhurst said she was “outed” in 2005 while running as the Green Party’s candidate for local office. A reporter noted the pentacle - a five-pointed star often mistaken as a satanic symbol - hanging around her neck.

“I kind of became the poster girl for paganism,” Capnerhurst said.

But the notoriety came at a cost.

Neighbors have threatened to burn down the house she shares with her family, Capnerhurst says. She’s lost jobs. And people keep asking her whether the “Blair Witch Project,” the 1999 horror movie, is real.

“I’m like, What the frick! No!”

Raising her 12-year-old daughter, Maenwen, as a witch is not easy either, Capnerhurst says, especially around this time of year, when just about every classroom turns into a coven of construction-paper crones and black cats.

In the United States, Circle Sanctuary has founded the Lady Liberty League to advocate for Wiccans' religious freedom and to fight discrimination.

Unlike Capnerhurst, however, some witches see Halloween as a treat, not a trick.

“Considering that I usually slap on a pointy hat at this time of year (and I have a black cat too), I’m fine with the image of the Halloween witch,” wrote Jen McConnel, a poet, novelist and Wiccan from North Carolina, in an e-mail.

“Even though the word ‘witch ‘ is loaded, I have embraced it,” McConnel said, “but it is only one of many hats I wear (pun intended).”

McConnel says she enjoys the yearly confluence of Halloween with Samhain, an ancient Celtic festival that marks the end of the harvest and winter’s coming darkness.

It’s a time when the veil between the living and the dead grows thin, according to Wiccan theology, and spirits can easily cross the divide.

Many Wiccans hold “dumb suppers,” to which they invite deceased ancestors, making sure to prepare their favorite foods, said Jeanet Lewis, a witch who lives in Northern Virginia.

“It’s a meditative, silent meal,” Lewis said.

Other witches light memorial candles and cast spells for the new year.

What do witches wish for? The same things as everyone else, apparently.

“Health, wealth and love,” Capnerhurst said with a laugh. “Every single spell falls into one of those three categories.”

Even though she dislikes Halloween, Capnerhurst has found a way to blend it with her own sacred days, Samhain.

According to some historians, at this time of year, as the days grow darker, ancient Celts would don costumes as stand-ins for deceased spirits, going door-to-door and performing tricks in exchange for treats.

Capnerhurst prefers to see the children who come to her door on October 31 as a re-enactment of that ritual.

“I’m doing my ritual and they get candy,” she said. “Everybody wins!”

And even though she bristles at the thought that some neighbors might abhor her religion, Capnerhurst tries to take it all in good cheer.

As October 31 approaches each year, she places a sign on her lawn that reads, "This House Practices Safe Hex."

- CNN Religion Editor

Filed under: Belief • Discrimination • Halloween • Holidays • Neopaganism • Paganism • Persecution • Prejudice

soundoff (2,335 Responses)
  1. Epidi

Pagans generally have a different view of dying. To me it is a part of the cycle of life which I will embrace when the time comes and I will then be revered by my descendants on Samhain (Halloween).

October 31, 2013 at 5:55 am |
  2. H4BAF

Even with green skin, Mila Kunis was still SMOKING hot as a witch. I wouldn't have even hesitated to do her. Her sister wasn't bad either. Well, up until the end of the movie.

October 31, 2013 at 5:53 am |
  3. Epidi

This sounds like blue blooded snobbery lol. Because I raised my kids Pagan (tho I was not), they are traditional witches as they were born into the religion, right? What's the difference? Like the neo-rich are looked down upon because they aren't "old money". Those born into a witch tradition have traditions from their own families which make them distinct from other families. Converts are the same. They learn from a "tradition" who takes them in or make their own as solitares. Blessed Be to all wether born or converted.

October 31, 2013 at 5:52 am |
    • Elizabeth

And blessed be to you as well.
      Wondering – haven't you ever felt you were (picture italics) BORN to be of our belief system?
      As though it's in the blood/dna?
      I remember sitting in church (roman catholic) every Sunday thinking "What am I doing here? This is all wrong!" even at age 5.
      My awakening to a natural faith came at age 7. It was as much a calling as any called to a life of faith based service. It was profound, and life changing. I never went back to church, choosing punishment over a false profession of a faith I could not follow. I didn't even know about wicca then, in fact the "Wicked witch of the west" scared the heck out of me. I went on a quest to find what was calling me by studying 7 religions other than Christianity for about 6 months each. It was only when I let myself understand wicca that I knew it was what was for me, what "fit". (in it's defense, Buddism was a close second, but they do not revere the feminine and I am called to do that)
      Anyway, wondering if you feel you were "born" to be a wiccan even if you were not born into a wiccan household?
      Oh, and as a fun aside, only last year, 22 yrs into being a wiccan I was given a photo I'd never before seen of my French Canadian great grandparents. My Grandmere wore a crescent moon in that photo I'm told she wore it every day of her adult life. I find it...interesting.. that I chose the crescent moon as my wiccan symbol early on as the pentagram never resonated with me. DNA is a fascinating thing...

October 31, 2013 at 6:24 am |
      • ItsMeSpfld

It's funny that you say that, as a young child (maybe 5-6 years old), I remember sitting in church with an empty pit feeling in my stomach, even though I had eaten breakfast right before. Getting a little older, around 9-10, I started to believe that maybe something was wrong with me, because it would be there EVERY time I went to church, and would go away when I left. I thought maybe I was evil, or something (I was a child you understand). Now as a non-believer, not having stepped foot in a church in maybe 15 years, other than for friends weddings and such, I know that even way back then, I knew it just wasn't right. I knew I was being lied to, and it definitely wasn't a right fit for me.

October 31, 2013 at 9:51 am |
  4. Funny

Really, I thought this developed as a joke back in the 90's. Comedy

October 31, 2013 at 5:48 am |
    • Luli1990

I suppose you also thought Hinduism developed as a reaction to Apu from the Simpsons?

October 31, 2013 at 5:54 am |
      • Mike F

Now that's funny!

October 31, 2013 at 6:14 am |
  5. forward04

Really CNN? You actually wrote this? Comparing Halloween decorations to someone wearing black face. That's completely insane. It's not news. It's just a waste of bandwidth.

October 31, 2013 at 5:47 am |
    • NooYawkah

I wonder how many more articles they'll be able to include references to "racist team names" while mentioning the Redskins as an example.

October 31, 2013 at 6:12 am |
  6. Discriminato

Christian. Muslim, Buddhist, Wiccan, Voodoohist ... grow the hell up.

October 31, 2013 at 5:33 am |
    • Chuckles

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying, and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun"- Mellencamp

October 31, 2013 at 5:51 am |
  7. Chuckles

Why are we all up at this hour?

October 31, 2013 at 5:31 am |
    • saggyroy

Apparently the thought of religion keeps some of us up at night.

October 31, 2013 at 5:45 am |
    • Suzanne

Getting ready for work and tonight's trick or treating!

October 31, 2013 at 5:49 am |
    • Elizabeth

I get up every workday at 4:30 with my husband, to get his breakfast, made up his lunch for the day and see him off to work.

October 31, 2013 at 5:59 am |
  8. jill

Deasr Obsever, I realize you r overwhelmed by insightful posts that u find impossible to address. Obviously. U delete them to run from being shown the uneducated phony u really r. I get it. I'd run too if I were u.

Do me a favor. In the future, when u cannot bear the humiliation any longer, just note what u find most painful so we don't waste time posting it. I no, "In the beginning..." Is more than u can handle, but it would help if u would make a note to clarify y it is that all the other times u fall apart

Thanks sweetie

October 31, 2013 at 5:26 am |
  9. Mike F

All religious interpretations of divine are humanly inaccurate. If you've learned anything about the occult, you will know to leave it hidden from mainstream view where it belongs. Through years of personal experience, I have found most Wiccans/Pagans are merely scratching the surface of truth, and are in no way properly representing what they preach.

October 31, 2013 at 5:18 am |
    • Steve S

You just described 100% of the Christians I know. Not one real genuine article among them; and that after 40+ years of life and living. There is a very big difference between the occult and paganism/wiccan, as you put it. I agree with you on one thing. Pagan, Christian, agnostic or otherwise, our human existence has only scratched the surface. For my money, wiccan and the ritual respect of Mother Earth is a good as its ever going to get.

October 31, 2013 at 5:52 am |
      • Mike F

Actually, I believe our knowledge was much deeper rooted in ancient times. All I'm saying is that from personal experience (in this lifetime) I have seen too many flaws in others around me, claiming to be a Wiccans or Pagans. The religion and circles of self-ascribed witches I've encountered... there are just too many mentally ill, ego-driven freaks in that club for me to personally identify as a member. I have read the same books, partaken in rituals and such activities. The woman in this article, the fact there even is an article to begin with opens grounds for ridicule. CNN is not the place for higher learning. Be at peace, this Hallow's Eve.

October 31, 2013 at 6:09 am |
  10. Sane Person

"Capnerhurst says she’s a real, flesh-and-blood witch, and Halloween stereotypes of witches as broom-riding hags drive her a bit batty"

Uh, too late for that. You and the rest of the religious nut-jobs that believe in magic, miracles and hocus-pocus should really land in reality and try to do something that actually works.

October 31, 2013 at 5:18 am |
    • Mike F

There can be nothing less sane than to be so sure.

October 31, 2013 at 5:26 am |
      • James P. Breslin

Are you sure?

October 31, 2013 at 5:40 am |
        • Steve S

He thinks so...

October 31, 2013 at 6:02 am |
        • Mike F

You people are really annoying. Typical CNN crowd here.

October 31, 2013 at 6:11 am |
    • Elizabeth

Really it depends on how you define "magic". Most of us (witches) don't believe we can make brooms fly, or have Harry Potter type skills, etc. We define magic as the use of natural energy, alone or in a group, to do good. A wish, a "prayer", if you will. The belief that sending out positive energy to join with other positive energy can only do the world good is not unique to witches, of course, lest any one think I am saying we have some sort of superior thought process.
      The witches reed is "As it harm none, do as you will" (or some variation). We just want peace and the freedom to practice our religion without mockery, just as any other person might.
      As a side note, I don't necessarily find witch movies, characters, even commercial use of caricatures to be upsetting. But I do find ignorance of the pentagram to be upsetting. It simply means earth, air, fire, water and spirit. That's it. Nothing about satanism (we do not even BELIEVE in satan). So if you see someone wearing a pentagram, chances are as good that they are just an everyday nice person as chances are that person wearing a Christian cross is a nice person..... and are just as good that either might not be a nice person. In other words, it's not some mystic sign of goodness or evil one way or the other.

October 31, 2013 at 5:58 am |
      • humanistJohn420

Until you can prove your "energy" nonsense it is all just hogwash. I went through a Wiccan phase when I was younger and it's just a bunch of new age nonsense packaged as an old world religion. It doesn't harm anyone but it's no more credible than scientology.

October 31, 2013 at 2:17 pm |
  11. The Creator

So you really think the skin one is BORN with is the same as the belief one CHOOSES to practice, huh? Then you're just a clueless *itch. (And that ain't no "W.")

October 31, 2013 at 5:18 am |
  12. seeyouintea

Wicca is a silly belief system comprised of fat, manless, tree-hugging, dirt-wotshippers. Just as silly as the weaklings who follow the abrahamic faiths or any other form of mind-poison.

October 31, 2013 at 5:03 am |
    • Yarg!

How come you don't think insulting people is "mind poison"?

October 31, 2013 at 5:08 am |
      • seeyouintea

Despite popular, arbitrary claims, a person's beliefs are not some sacred thing that are impervious to ridicule.

October 31, 2013 at 5:13 am |
        • Chuckles

Is ridicule something sacred?

October 31, 2013 at 5:26 am |
        • Mark

Great! Then I can call you bigoted and arrogant and you'd be fine with that. Works for me, dum phuck.

October 31, 2013 at 5:36 am |
        • propheticdeviations

People have their right to believe whatever they want to, as you do as well. All religions of this world have positive aspects to them. They are all in someway a perspective of what may be the truth. Existence is subjective. In reality no one knows the real answers to why we exist, so its pointless to argue over. Science is only scratching the surface of what we know. Really the more we discover the more we learn, we have no idea.

October 31, 2013 at 5:38 am |
    • Elphaba Thropp

Hm..why yes, I have a name from Wicked, but this person is a witch, full blooded. Halloween/Samhain/All Hallows Eave has become Americanized just like Christmas. But I see no problem with a little fun. I think people are also a little overtly sensitive. It also depends on the area one lives in.

October 31, 2013 at 5:18 am |
    • Steve S

It is always amazing to me that people like you (seeyouintea) can be so quick to publicly declare your own stupidity.

October 31, 2013 at 5:45 am |
  13. Annesta

A defense often used against fundamentalist Christians and others who attack paganism on a religious basis is to say "We are not like you, only different in a few not so important ways. We are a religion, like you, another belief system, harmless, ordinary. We worship the Earth, the Goddess, the same way you worship your abstract God. You should extend tolerance to us for the same reason you extend it to Muslims or Buddhists or Catholics or Jews. When you single us out as something weird, you are exhibiting hysterical paranoia." It's an effective defense, but somewhat disingenuous.

We are different. We aren't just a religion. We are at present, and in my view should try to remain, a path of initiation. It may be inevitable that a religion grow up around us. It may even be desirable to employ such a religion as a cloak, or a doorway, to both. But a Pagan religion is also a threat to the Pagan path of initiation. We need to ensure that the growth, if it occurs, is that of a tree from a seed, not of a pearl from a grain of sand.

A tree produces more seeds.

A pearl only hide the sand to save the oyster from discomfort.

In my opinion, Wicca and Paganism has been the very sand that Christian religion try and cover up and abolish in today's society.

October 31, 2013 at 5:03 am |
    • seeyouintea

"Paganism" is not a religion. "Pagan" was originally a derogatory term for anything that wasn't Christian. Then you new-agers hijacked the word so you can use it to describe yourselves in some vain attempt to sound special and unique.

October 31, 2013 at 5:07 am |
      • Chuckles

What is a "true religion" exactly Cu? Is it anything like a true Scotsman?

October 31, 2013 at 5:24 am |
        • seeyouintea

Why did you say "'true religion'" as if you were quoting me? Because I never used those words. Nice attempted strawman.

October 31, 2013 at 5:33 am |
        • Chuckles

I stand corrected. Define religion.

October 31, 2013 at 5:44 am |
      • Epidi

The word Pagan means heathen 1; especially : a follower of a polytheistic religion

October 31, 2013 at 6:02 am |
      • pmclean1319

If I had a penny for every time I saw an athiest use their non-religious status as a way of making themselves "sound special and unique" I'd have a lot money for sure.

October 31, 2013 at 6:06 am |
        • ItsMeSpfld

And then you have those of us that don't tell anyone, not even our families. For fear of being essentially thrown out.

October 31, 2013 at 10:45 am |
  14. jill

Jesus is a building? A creed? A system? A religion? A steeple and bells and choirs and a book and dogma and homeletics and prayer...? Those things are alive and lovable and capable of friendship ?

October 31, 2013 at 4:45 am |
  15. A

What we have here is just another attention-seeking, self-proclaimed "witch" who remains ignorant about the history of her own religion. As a matter of fact, fictional witches with green skin and warts were around first. Margaret Hamilton played the Wicked Witch of the West in the 1939 film "The Wizard of Oz" over a decade before Wicca was even invented in the 1950s, but evil, infanticidal witches have existed in fairy tales for centuries. So really, the only people portraying witches inaccurately are Wiccans. Just because you steal some random traditions from various ancient civilizations around the globe doesn't mean you're practicing the "Old Religion."

October 31, 2013 at 4:25 am |
    • Derek Winsor

Who cares? Religious interpretations of spirit are all flawed and are woefully inadequate for the betterment of mankind.

October 31, 2013 at 4:28 am |
      • Rett

The abolitionist movement, some of the first hospitals, many orphanages, many relief agencies etc...were all initiated by people motivated by religious interpretation in some form....so I think mankind has been bettered by their influence. Of course I do recognize that it is the nut jobs that tend to get the attention but we should not throw out the baby with the bath water.

October 31, 2013 at 5:47 am |
    • Ranjana

Ever hear of the Salem Witch Trials that occurred in the late 1600's?

October 31, 2013 at 4:51 am |
      • A

I doubt any of the poor defendants in the Salem Witch Trials considered themselves witches, and they were certainly not Wiccans any more than they were electrical engineers.

November 1, 2013 at 6:03 am |
    • Ranjana

"Capnerhurst draws a distinction between “traditional” witches, like her, who were born into the religion, and Wiccans, most of whom are converts" ... excerpt from article.

It's pretty clear that the Witchy Woman is not a Wiccan, a 20th century religion. Evidence of the existence of witches has been found from as early as 560 BC. But I don't know if Witchy Woman is a witch because her roots go back to ancient witches or if her mother was a Wiccan and consequently she was born into the religion.

October 31, 2013 at 5:04 am |
      • Which Witch?

You left out the most likely explanation: she's a barking nutcase.

October 31, 2013 at 5:21 am |
    • j

The Malleus Maleficarum, (Latin for "Hammer of The Witches) was an infamous witch-hunting manual written in 1486 by two German monks, Heinrich Kramer and Jacob Sprenger. It was used by both Catholics and Protestants[17] for several hundred years, outlining how to identify a witch, what makes a woman more likely than a man to be a witch, how to put a witch on trial, and how to punish a witch.
      Is 1486 before 1950?

October 31, 2013 at 5:15 am |
      • Anna

It some places equal numbers of men were killed for being witches or wizards. The percentage varied over Europe from 10 % to half.

October 31, 2013 at 9:04 am |
      • A

Exactly. In 1486, there was only one definition of a witch: a Satanist. Even translated into other languages, the term invariably referred to an evildoer who practiced magic solely with malicious intent. As for pagans, they were simply known as pagans (i.e., non-Judeo-Christians). If you called a pagan a witch back then, you might've gotten your ass kicked. That would've been like calling somebody a murderer, rapist or pedophile.

November 1, 2013 at 6:16 am |
      • A

For the record, I have nothing against Wicca or Wiccans in general. I don't really care whether the religion was invented 60 or 200 years ago. It makes no difference to me. This particular woman is just being an idiot, though. Unless she literally worships the Devil, she cannot truly lay claim to "traditional witchcraft," much less act offended by being stereotyped as evil. A "good witch" or "white witch" is a modern label and nothing but an oxymoron prior to the mid-20th-century. At this rate, next thing you know, there will be people claiming, "I'm a Satanist, but I don't believe in Satan." Oh, wait... enter Anton LaVey. (facepalm)

November 1, 2013 at 6:40 am |
    • Elphaba Thropp

Yup, she played a witch. Wicca as a modern religion was a version of the old craft as the new testimant is a version of the older bible.

October 31, 2013 at 5:19 am |
      • Which Witch?

Your "older craft" is all of 60 years old. It's a silly fabrication of historically ignorant bimbos.

October 31, 2013 at 5:22 am |
        • Elizabeth

Or is it a new answer to an old problem? Which is that the old religions are so corrupted that something new based on an old idea is perhaps just a better idea for many of us....

October 31, 2013 at 6:13 am |
  16. children of Israel

St. Mark 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? *Micah 3:5 Thus saith the Lord concerning the prophets that make my people err, that bite with their teeth, and cry, Peace; and he that putteth not into their mouths, they even prepare war against him. *1st Thessalonians 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. *Jeremiah 2:26 As a thief is ashamed when he is found, so is the house of Israel ashamed; they, their kings, their princes, and their priests, and their prophets, *Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:

October 31, 2013 at 4:16 am |
    • Derek Winsor

Your insane religious obsession has gotten the better of you and because of it, you will suffer misery.

October 31, 2013 at 4:26 am |
    • jimbob

Alfred E. Newman July issue 1972 "What me worry"

October 31, 2013 at 5:38 am |
  17. Cindi

I'm not a wiccan but I love the wiccan community. I'm a local artist and at the end of my life real paganism will be one of those things I got a chance to see first hand. I find it beautiful and inspirational.

October 31, 2013 at 3:58 am |
  18. berryrat

Just a note for those who do not know...not all Wiccans are female. I'm a male Wiccan. Not all Wiccans practice witchcraft and not all witches are Wiccan. For those WIccans that do witchcraft, the males are called witches, not warlocks. Warlock is a term that means oath breaker.

Unlike some religions, we do not want (or try) to convert people to our belief system. We only wish to be left to worship in peace. May you find joy today.

October 31, 2013 at 3:50 am |
    • Cindi

Happy Harvest B.

October 31, 2013 at 3:55 am |
      • berryrat

Thanks. Same to you.

October 31, 2013 at 4:00 am |
    • Alien Orifice

Be a man and be a wizzard. My my.

October 31, 2013 at 4:10 am |
      • berryrat

I chucked at your humor, but Wizard is not the correct term in context of my religious beliefs. Wishing you well.

October 31, 2013 at 4:35 am |
  19. Apple Bush

Witches must meet the following criteria:

1. Smell of Patchouli
    2. Be a college drop out
    3. Work in a New Age store
    4. Smoke weed
    5. Dress fun
    6. Read Tarot Cards
    7. Read Palms
    8. Are often bi-sexual
    9. Wear lots of dangling jewelry
    10. Can identify Ambient music artists by name

October 31, 2013 at 3:38 am |
    • Cindi

Most witches I know finished college and don't touch weed. You did a nice job though describing about half my friends and my parents.

October 31, 2013 at 3:47 am |
      • Apple Bush

That must have been me smoking weed and dropping out of college lol

October 31, 2013 at 3:52 am |
        • Cindi

It sure did.

October 31, 2013 at 3:56 am |
        • Cindi

Apple, I'm sorry I thought you meant my parents *snickers. lol. Sorry about that.

October 31, 2013 at 4:07 am |
    • berryrat

While I appreciate humor, you are incorrect. I'm a Wiccan. Got my BS in Computer Science. I don't smoke weed or work at a new age store. I'm straight. I don't use tarot cards or read palms. I'm male and do not wear jewelry. I wish you well.

October 31, 2013 at 3:54 am |
      • Ardith

Bright Blessings to you, B.R.

October 31, 2013 at 4:18 am |
      • berryrat

I must have messed up. Don't know how my reply ended up here. I was replying 'A' at the top.

October 31, 2013 at 4:40 am |
    • seeyouintea

Also, fat.

October 31, 2013 at 5:49 am |
  20. children of Israel

Christians have rejected his name is called The Word of God. They favor sunday church worship as a tradition to their sun god. *Micah 4:5 For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever. *St. Mark 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore greatly err. *Isaiah 38:18 For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.

October 31, 2013 at 3:20 am |
    • Ctrl + C - Ctrl + V

Not one of your better efforts.

October 31, 2013 at 3:30 am |
    • berryrat

I welcome your point of view; however, I have no idea what you talking about. Perhaps you can clarify your post.

October 31, 2013 at 4:17 am |