home
RSS
June 29th, 2010

My Take: Why Christians are jerks online

Editor's Note: Jonathan Acuff writes the blog www.stuffchristianslike.net and recently released the book "Stuff Christians Like." In addition to commenting on Christian culture, he’s also written branding for clients such as The Home Depot, Bose, Chick-fil-A and AutoTrader.com. He lives outside of Atlanta with his wife and two young daughters. Follow him on Twitter @prodigaljohn.

By Jonathan Acuff, Special to CNN

Bono is a born again Christian.

Or he’s not.

It’s one of those two. I’m just not sure which, but I am certain that the faith of U2 is something we Christians like to argue about. That and beer. You never know if your small group is populated with prohibitionists. You have to say things like, "Is there anything you need me to bring to the dinner party, anything at all?" Then if they say, "Sure, how about a bottle of wine?" you’re good.

U2, beer, our favorite pastor’s kid-gone-wild Katy Perry: these are usually the topics I write about on www.stuffchristianslike.net. (Which is indeed a direct rip off of the site www.stuffwhitepeoplelike.com.) But today I thought I might deal with something with a little sharper teeth. Something you don’t see addressed often, but you might have experienced.

Put simply, I want to talk about why sometimes we Christians are jerks online.

Much like "Christian hate mail," being a "Jerk Christian" defies logic. We serve a loving God. We follow a Christ who very plainly told us what to do. In Matthew 22 someone asks Jesus, "What is the most important commandment?" The answer is simple:

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: "Love your neighbor as yourself." All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

There’s no confusion about that. No smoke monster. No mystical wisdom that must be found on a mountain peak after growing a ZZ Top-worthy beard. Someone asks Christ what matters and the second thing is "Loving your neighbor as yourself."

So then why are there so many hateful Christian blogs? Why do Christians write bitter messages on Twitter? Why do we send hate mail?

I think there are two reasons Christians are jerks online.

1. The business traveler approach.
  2. It’s unfortunately not that uncommon for business travelers to get in trouble when they’re on the road. With a "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" approach they tend to do things they would never do at home. "The rules don’t apply here. I’m a different person. This is 'road me,' not 'home me.'" I believe sometimes Christians approach the Internet the same way. The rules of "real life" don’t count. Sure, I have to love my neighbor, but are people on Facebook my neighbor? The Internet doesn’t "count." These are just words. Surely I can throw a missile of hate at someone on Twitter. And when we buy into this logic, we develop an unloving, anything goes, whatever happens online stays online mentality. We become two different people, "Offline Christian" and "Online Christian." And we become jerks.

3. Room Cleaning Christianity

Why do Christians argue about drinking beer or why the tankini is the least slutty of all bathing garments? I think it’s because we sometimes practice "Room Cleaning Christianity." Think of it like college. When you’ve got a final paper due Monday, you will be amazed at how energetic your desire is to clean your room. You will scrub tile with a slow toothbrush if it means avoiding the bigger, more difficult work of writing your paper. The same thing happens with Christianity. Loving your neighbor might be simple, but it’s not easy. Maybe my neighbor is a jerk too. Maybe they hate God. Maybe they are actively and violently opposed to everything I believe. And showing them grace feels impossible. So instead of dealing with that, we get online and police people. We find small things to focus on that will distract us. I think God wants us to discuss the little stuff, but we make it an idol when we practice room cleaning Christianity at the exclusion of love. And we tend to become jerks.

Hopefully you’ve never experienced either of these things. Hopefully this article feels like Amish Romance Fiction, currently a hit amongst Christians. But if it doesn’t, if you’ve been an online jerk, if you’ve acted like I have, there’s hope.

Jesus came for the mess-ups like us. Jesus came for the failures. Jesus came for the jerks. (That’s not in the King James version of the Bible, I remixed it like Timbaland.) And the truth is, grace is the antidote to being a jerk online.

So my hope is that you won’t prove my point in the comments section. My hope is you’ll accept my apology for the times I’ve been a jerk to you online.

My hope is that I’ll see Bono in heaven, or at the bare minimum "the Edge."

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Jonathan Acuff.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Jesus • Opinion

soundoff (1,722 Responses)
  1. Leigh Anne Bjerregaard

Jerk means dull, stupid or fatuous person according to my Webster's. I think those adjectives could fit everyone at any one point in time. I don't think Christians corner the market on that! It would be a little discriminatory to say so. I do think that because many Christians have been silent for so long allowing the secularists and progressives free reign for so long ie. prayer out of schools, commencement speeches, football games, and denigration of our part in founding of America,etc.,etc., that to speak now and so boldly seems almost shocking.We all fed into the hippie ,commune-loving Jesus with little children on his lap image, a turn your cheek consensus-builder, that we forgot the manly God, bullwhipping the moneychangers out of the church, and namecalling the pharisees you vipers, and hypocrites!!etc, etc. I suggest we all reconnect with the God of righteous anger, the one challenging the status quo, the one that still had gonads with testosterone, not some spineless media image, and you might realize Christians actually also have freedom of speech, rights to have righteous anger , and God-given ability to be salt and light in the world , to hold back corruption and sin!!!

July 4, 2010 at 12:41 pm |
    • Kate

Honey, if you you what want to do is worship Mars, why are you calling yourself a Christian? To have righteous anger (adult anger) is to have it against a wrong. What wrong are you trying to right? That other people want basic rights too? That your religion is not in charge?

How about against those who ruining this planet? Those who use their religion to abuse others? Those who make their living out of draining others of their livelyhood?

If you want respect, you have to have real righteous anger, not just anger against there being a black man in the white house or being made to pay your fair share of taxes.

July 4, 2010 at 1:23 pm |
    • HeIsGod

AMEN, GLORY TO GOD!!!

Very well said...awesome comment!!!

July 4, 2010 at 2:47 pm |
    • Female Atheist

It was "righteous anger" that took down the twin towers. It is people like you, with man made blind faith, that turned me against Christianity or any other religion. You talk of a "manly God" with gonads and testosterone. WHO SAYS GOD IS A HE? I know of NO religion that actually allows the full participation of women, save for Wiccan. Religions are man-made and serve as a means to control others. I am always surprised at how gullable and subservient women are when it comes to religeous beliefs.

July 4, 2010 at 2:54 pm |
    • Em

I may not have used the same language, but I have to absolutely agree that I'd rather serve a God who is fair and righteous than whatever other idea people may think they want of a fluffy, self-service-type-of-god. I think of it often in the same way I think of our justice system: when it comes down to it, a man's fate for a crime committed is determined by a judge (or jury). Sometimes mercy is merited, but always justice must be served. In a vaccuum that may seem harsh, but "righteous anger" must exist in our human world or it falls into chaos. Of course, God even commands that we respect the righteousness of our human law, but above all seek to fulfill His commands. I guess my point is, I'm thankful for a God who possesses the quality of true righteousness – but also who ultimately shows mercy without fail because of the death of his son. Even a man executed for the sins he committed in our world has the equal right of redemption through Jesus. That is what sets Christianity apart from every other religion – mercy. – Taking the earlier comment about the Islamic Extremists who took out the WTC. They may have possessed anger that they supposed was righteous, but not righteous by the standards of Biblical law. Christians certainly sometimes act out of what they may think is righteousness and do things that are abhorrent, but the truth is that any true Jesus follower would remember that along with righteous anger come the commands to "take the speck out of your own eye before removing the plank from another man's" along with many other Biblical reminders that, in the end, vengeance (and mercy) is the Lord's.

July 4, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  2. Bob

I have found that born again Christians are always pushing "thier " religion on others, is that not what the terrorists are doing? Christains are the cause of a lot of wars in history.

July 4, 2010 at 12:11 pm |
  3. John Smith

I have a much simpler answer that doesn't require all these excuses. Christians are jerks online because they are simply put....just jerks...period. I love all these excuses people always make. There's no immune armor that calling yourself a "christian" gives you. If you are a jerk, you are a jerk...simple. So many people I believe call themselves christians because they know they are jerks, and this helps them justify their own personal failings. "If I say I'm a christian, then I can go around being a jerk to people and it's justified".

July 4, 2010 at 11:55 am |
    • Ituri

John Smith, you're actually partially right, but its something else too. People who genuinely believe they have a personal god in their back pocket can justify doing and saying ANYTHING they want. Christians do and say things to complete strangers that no civilized person would ever think to do or say, because "God" is with them. Everything they think is satisfactory to this personal god, because that god would do something to stop them if it wasn't, or give them "a sign" it was wrong. So long as they "believe" in him, and so long as he doesn't tell them they're wrong with obscure signs, they are "right." Meaning this self-sustained circular logic loop allows them a freebie excuse to be complete jerks and not feel guilty for being socially repugnant.

For example, I'll often mention that I spent 20+ years as a Christian. I was as dedicated as a person could be. But the FIRST response from most Christians is to "edit" this fact of my past. "You were never a true believer!" "You were reading the Bible wrong!" "You never felt the Spirit!" On first hint that I know what they are thinking, because I once thought it too, they decide they have all rights to discard my personal history and insert "facts" more to their liking. Completely rude social behavior, but the god in theri back pocket didn't tell them they were wrong.

July 4, 2010 at 12:44 pm |
  4. Ed

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". We are all just trying to find our way through this screwed up world and even people of faith get frustrated and lost at times!

July 4, 2010 at 11:00 am |
  5. Conservatives are nothing more than cancer

I hate Christianity and just about any other religion for reasons that this system of belief has oppressed the progress of humanity. I am proud of that hatred and will pass this way of thinking on to the next generation.

July 4, 2010 at 10:56 am |
  6. Mark from Middle River

"Until that time, we all want to think we're right. "
    "Others believe in other Gods or supreme beings – others not at all."
    "3) why some Christians (and other faiths) go about bashing others for their belief. "

Robb- You were lumping atheist in with people of faith until the very end and then you left them out. Do you not see that some atheist... those without faith... do go on "bashing" rampages against others for their beliefs.?

July 4, 2010 at 9:49 am |
    • Kate

Of course he left out atheists – he was referencing the subject of the original blog post.

July 4, 2010 at 12:55 pm |
  7. Louie

Christians getting angry and acting like jerks on the internet because they feel persecuted? That is laughable. Yours is a religious group that out numbers any other religion including the number of humanists like myself and what you are doing is attempting to play the pity card. If a Christian acts like a jerk online because he/she thinks that God doesn't have a broadband connection and thus they can get away with acting like a moron it's nothing but plain hypocrisy.

July 4, 2010 at 9:48 am |
    • Leigh Anne Bjerregaard

I believe Christians are by far the minority: Hindus, Buddhists, and Moslems far outnumber the world's religions.( just look at China!)

July 4, 2010 at 1:05 pm |
    • Leigh Anne Bjerregaard

We are about 33% of the world's religions plus secularists

July 4, 2010 at 1:49 pm |
    • Kate

Not in the US, which is where most of the whining about being a victim is made.

July 4, 2010 at 3:43 pm |
  8. Mark from Middle River

Samual – I do not think that we are unique as a church. Even the Catholic church in our small town is just another country type church. Bake sales, car washes and community outreach. I think what people see are images of such as the Vatican or some mega church and define all houses of worship as being the same inside. For example if you turn on your TV and see TD Jakes church, the Pottershouse, you might think the majority of African American churches are like that.

What I wish to impart to you Samuel is that it is not churches, such as mine, that are unique. It is large mega churches that are the rare and unique ones. Not saying they are bad outright but they are not represented of the norm.

July 4, 2010 at 9:35 am |
    • Samuel

Hi Mark, I'm not quite sure that such a focus on communal action is what James had in mind. Most certainly it does elevate the importance and influence of the community church, but the community church cannot stand at your side in the Judgment Day. I am sure however that Jesus warned us that Christian organizations would be subverted in the last days. It certainly looks to me that we are in those last days.

July 6, 2010 at 4:12 pm |
  9. Kathi

My preference is to follow the Christ part of Christianity, IE: I always think of his words when trying to evaluate events that occur in this world. I do believe that most people that espouse their Christianity usually do so to cover their own less than Christian behavior to others in person or online. Following the few words credited to Jesus people should find that they have no reason to show hate or anger towards any person. Period. If you follow the Christ in Christianity life becomes much easier. Hatred and anger have no room in you heart. Love and compassion make for a very light load to carry.

July 4, 2010 at 9:29 am |
  10. Robb

This all cracks me up. There's only one way for any of us to find out if we're right or wrong about our chosen belief system, and we have to die to do it. Otherwise, it is all faith, conjecture and belief. Nothing more. Some people need organized religions more than others who are spiritual, but don't tow a singe religious line. Others believe in other Gods or supreme beings – others not at all. When we die we get the answer. Until that time, we all want to think we're right. And that, my friends, is the reason why we 1) have wars, 2) demonize those who have beliefs counter to ours (Muslims are on the favored hit list right now) and 3) why some Christians (and other faiths) go about bashing others for their belief. Religion by it's nature is a multiple choice test – pick A, B, C, D, None of the Above, All of the Above and the right answer only comes at the end of the test, which is our lives.

July 4, 2010 at 9:16 am |
  11. GAPeachy

Who you are when you think that:
    a. no one is watching, or
    b. no one knows it's you and/or you think you will not be held accountable
    actually says more about who you really are and what you really believe than what you do in a church pew on Sunday morning. i have found that many Christians use their Christianity as a "get out of jail free card" – say mean or wrong things, do mean or wrong things, and then claim that your sinful nature got the best of you and Jesus' grace will redeem you.
    If you become a Christian, you still must be responsible for your actions, your emotions, and your treatment of other people. Jesus may forgive you your faults, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to "fault" all over anyone and everyone who thinks or believes differently from you – especially when it can't be traced back to you.

July 4, 2010 at 8:59 am |
  12. Julio

There is a third reason you forgot:
    Because they are jerks in real life and their Christianity can only cover it up partially. It's not a jab at Christians, but a reality that many people are jerks on the inside, loosely covered with a social facade of acceptable behavior. Religion doesn't normally change that, whatever the religion is.

July 4, 2010 at 7:57 am |
  13. Jon O

Any time you have a group of people who believe they have the innate right to force their opinions on other people, whether it be religion, politics, or how to correctly mow the lawn, they can cross the line into becoming overly aggressive and rude.

The catch is that when it comes to religion, and in this case Christianity, you're dealing with a group who – when they act like this – are acting in direct opposition to the morality they supposedly represent.

Many, many more Christians need to stop and look at their WWJD bracelets a little more often – because there's a few things I know Jesus wouldn't have done, and its behavior you see ALL THE TIME from people who claim their morality is better than my morality.

July 4, 2010 at 6:54 am |
    • peace2all

Jon O.........Nice Post......

July 4, 2010 at 7:00 am |
    • Kathi

Good words

July 4, 2010 at 9:34 am |
  14. Samuel

@Mark- Based on the description of your church, you are blessed. Unfortunately you are unique when compared to the powerful Christian corporations. Make sure you don't complicate or overlook the basic tenet of Christianity: faith in Christ is salvation. It's just that simple.

July 4, 2010 at 4:12 am |
    • HeIsGod

I sure agree!! Mark is very unique, blessed and special!!

July 4, 2010 at 11:10 am |
  15. Samuel

Jesus did not teach a concept that Christians had to "save" everyone. In fact Jesus hid truths for those who would ridicule faith. If you choose to have a personal faith in the unprovable scientific concept that that eveything in the universe just "always was there" than that is your faith. If you don't have a desire to reach out to God then you have chosen the life path of avoiding God that the majority of people will choose.

July 4, 2010 at 3:48 am |
  16. Mark from Middle River

Even without agreement as long as there is respect there can and will always be a chance for peace.

Well, a peace without bloodshed at least which should be always be a goal no matter what. 🙂

July 4, 2010 at 3:34 am |
  17. Mark from Middle River

What's wrong peace2all. Some how heis has made peace and at least a respected understanding with another on here. If anything that sorta of closing was impressive and what I thought this type of a forum was too bring about.

If he could not make that with you then try to talk to him, not attack him. As adults most find that talking is a bit different than screaming at a opponent. I pray that you try that path instead Peace.

July 4, 2010 at 2:48 am |
    • peace2all

@Mark from Middle River....thanks for your reply. You have misunderstood my comment. I have no problem with anyone making peace with someone. As for @heisgod....actually I attempted to understand his/her arguement about God...and all he did was call me names and spout bible talk at me....

So, your lecturing to the wrong person ....but thanks for sharing Mark.......Oh, and thanks for your prayers.....back at you..!

July 4, 2010 at 2:55 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

Peace- I read a bit of the back and forth tonight and it was pretty raw. Folks were calling each other fools and brainwashed and on and on. Gary just gave a honest and mutual respect in his closing post. Even in your last post to He'is you are still stabbing him with words of "spout ridiculous bible versus". That is not dialogue that can bridge any gaps in our society. What it does is create more people on both sides who are jerks.

It would be the same as me starting off a interfaith meeting saying how my Muslim brother debated with me and used this ridiculous versus in the Koran. Now after I have called his Holy book garbage I feel we can work towards peace and understanding. Let it go kid, Gary and He'is seemed to work it out between them. You could not. The fault seems to be with you Peace if you can not find the words to run the race.

July 4, 2010 at 3:15 am |
    • verify

Mark from Middle River: You are right, Gary was a prince tonight (and you are too!). Maybe there is a chance for peace.

July 4, 2010 at 3:27 am |
    • peace2all

@Mark from Middle River.......I see that you seem to want to play peacemaker until it suits you to jump in and comment to your liking.

And...again, your comment about my posting heisgod......you have got to be kidding...right...? heis.....has on virtually every post is continually insulting someone or calling them names. I just called heis on her/his spouting bible versus, instead of dialouging with me and anyone else....

The fact that you have not commented on that other than it has 'been a bit raw, but still coming after me shows a bias. I am guessing that you are a religious church going fellow......am I right...?

But thanks for sharing......

July 4, 2010 at 3:47 am |
    • HeIsGod

@ Mark from Middle River – THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I didn't know that you were a Muslim and I respect you very much!! You are a very wonderful kind person, I have seen your posting as well. And yes, Muslims seem to be great people and I refuse to have a debate with any of them, why, because they are also get attacked by others, as we are. I will stand for the innocent people, even if we have different view of our belief. Once again, thank you and may God bless you!!! ; – )

July 4, 2010 at 11:00 am |
  18. Greg G

I was born and raised Catholic, but by the time I was a young teenager I had serious doubts about the logic or plausibility of what I had been taught. You see, I had this nagging thing called intelligence and I was a questioner by nature.
    As a child, I was "babysat" by the TV more than a few times. Right after Oscar and Big Bird, however, on PBS in the Boston area came on a show called NOVA. I watched that with great interest, that and shows like it.
    Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, Jacques Cousteau, and then COSMOS hosted by Carl Sagan in the 1980's.
    (I was born in the late 1960's).
    My VERY Catholic father made "coming out" (as a non-believer) a foreboding and intimidating prospect.
    So I kept it to myself for years. You could call me a "fallen Catholic" or a "closet atheist" at that point in my life.
    As an adult however, my love of the sciences and education lead me to pursue a teaching career.
    After one of my first lectures (as an assistant to an established professor) to a group of undergraduate students, I took questions from the class. The first two questions were of a scientific nature and relatively unremarkable.
    The third came from a young man who began his question with: "But the Bible states....".
    I don't even have to tell you the rest of it. I did not answer in a politically correct way, I told him he was in the wrong place for an answer to his "question" (which was more of a combative, baiting Christian lecture of his own).
    I was rebuked harshly by the dean of the College, who I learned later was a born again Christian himself.
    I left that job shortly thereafter.
    This experience attuned my mind to observe other Christians in action.
    I was no longer "on the fence" as it were, I witnessed time and time again the willingness of Christians to preach in public, long or short statements of faith and age-old dogma, while those who do not share their views stay silent, though annoyed, in their presence so as not to "make waves". I used to be that way too. Now, however, I view Christians in a very negative light. I view religion and god-belief in a very negative light. It is an abdication of personal responsibility and it serves only to divide people and justify / rationalize the worst humanity is capable of SO much more often than the best we are capable of. So the title of this article caught my eye. I may not agree with much of the body of the article, but the title, oh yes.
    Christians, indeed zealots of ANY theistic faith, tend to be jerks in direct proportion to the devotion of their faith.

July 4, 2010 at 2:44 am |
  19. peace2all

Are the fundamentalists STILL trying to state they have proof of God...by...yes...I know....faith.....
    Your arguements are getting old....
    Especially, @heisgod....are you still trying to convince people that 'anyone fighting so hard against him means that they really believe deep down..?" I thought I gave you a little lesson in logic and critical thinking awhile back today...

The last time we had this one.....all you did was call me names and spout rediculous bible versus at me...

Good try though.....

July 4, 2010 at 2:38 am |
    • verify

peace2all: "HeIsGod" is a 'frequent flyer' on these boards, under many different pseudonyms. For her (yes, her), faith trumps reason, logic, reality and anything else which we hold dear. She prodigiously uses copy/paste from Anti-Atheist web sites and of course for lots of bible quotes. It is very evident which are her own words and which are not. While I hate to say 'never', I do think the the chances of you getting thru to her miniscule. Use her, if you will, as a teaching tool for others who may be reading, and don't beat your head against the wall trying to convince her of anything.

July 4, 2010 at 3:06 am |
    • Mark from Middle River

"While I hate to say 'never', I do think the the chances of you getting thru to her miniscule. "

What is your basis or goal in "getting though" to someone. Is it facing off with someone who holds a view equally strong as you and the "getting through" is that person leaving their position and accepting yours fully? Or is it more basic and just get the person to begin to doubt their views?

Just like Peace2, it seems that yall' are a bit up in arms over He'is and Gary coming to a adult like understanding.

July 4, 2010 at 3:23 am |
    • peace2all

@verify....Yes, I know....heis.....continually rattles off religious attacks, and can't back it up. Mark from MRiver seems to not be aware or following the totality of what is going on. My attempt to reach and bridge with heis...and others like him/her for that matter and make peace are always there. But, I certainly won't agree with spiritual and intellectual dishonesty.....

But thanks....

July 4, 2010 at 4:01 am |
    • HeIsGod

You said: ' I thought I gave you a little lesson in logic and critical thinking awhile back today...
      Remember..."fighting against = must believe" Remember that lesson...? That is faulty logic and reasoning. Not very smart."

My reply:

LOL, really? You think you gave me a lesson? Of what, that Atheist doesn’t believe in God and I should believe as they do? No, there is nothing you can say or do to give me a lesson. If you are going to sit here and argue with me that the God I serve is a fairytale or invented by man, trust me, I am not the one to back down….you have seen my posting. As I tell all of your fellow Atheists, if you don't want to believe, good for you! It’s your lost, not mine. I don't have a hell or a heaven to place you in, that is between you and God, no other third person will be involved. As someone while back said, we don't go out looking for Atheists, they come looking for us. This is an Article regarding Christianity and every time there is an article regarding a Religion, there they are. They try so hard to push their foolish belief that there is no God, heaven, or hell. Why bother fighting so hard when there are many Christians who are rooted up in the Word, Will, and the Way of God? Why does it bother Atheist that we believe? What harm is it doing to any of you? If you don’t believe and we make a spiritual comment, move on!! We don’t want to hear your voicing your lies!! You can move on to an article where all Atheist agree, I won't be following any of you, that's for sure!!

Also, if you don't like my comment, move one. Try growing up and be a respectful civilized person.

P.S. I am really good at rebelling against Satan and all his unbelievers...PERIOD!!!

July 4, 2010 at 10:36 am |
    • HeIsGod

@ verify – How are you sure that I am using so many different pseudonyms? Do you really think that I am the only one that knows how to take a stand against the evil works of the devil? (NO, I AM NOT CALLING YOU OR ANYONE A DEVIL)

I have many brothers and sisters in the Lord who are very rooted up in Christ. So, you are wrong about what you are saying. I don't have all day, except the weekends, to be here.

Thank you for the advice you are giving peace2all, she/he needs it!

STAY STRONG, MY FAMILY IN THE LORD, DON'T BACK DOWN!! We are in a spiritual warfare and we must stand and do all we can stand...it is written!

July 4, 2010 at 10:45 am |
  20. Mark from Middle River

Samuel – To be fair, you are attempting to define and tell folks what a "true" Christian is. You are not really that much different than any other group or person(s) that looked at scripture or sacred text and claiming that your understanding is the only understanding.

Let go dude, I attend a small African American church. We have a small congregation and are about as far from the seats of power as anyone could be. But, we have food drives for the needy and we do have community outreach. We are still working off the cost for our new building to replace one that had been around since the 50s. And yes our church does do clothing drives to help those who are going for job interviews and cold in the winter.

July 4, 2010 at 2:15 am |