home
RSS
June 29th, 2010

My Take: Why Christians are jerks online

Editor's Note: Jonathan Acuff writes the blog www.stuffchristianslike.net and recently released the book "Stuff Christians Like." In addition to commenting on Christian culture, he’s also written branding for clients such as The Home Depot, Bose, Chick-fil-A and AutoTrader.com. He lives outside of Atlanta with his wife and two young daughters. Follow him on Twitter @prodigaljohn.

By Jonathan Acuff, Special to CNN

Bono is a born again Christian.

Or he’s not.

It’s one of those two. I’m just not sure which, but I am certain that the faith of U2 is something we Christians like to argue about. That and beer. You never know if your small group is populated with prohibitionists. You have to say things like, "Is there anything you need me to bring to the dinner party, anything at all?" Then if they say, "Sure, how about a bottle of wine?" you’re good.

U2, beer, our favorite pastor’s kid-gone-wild Katy Perry: these are usually the topics I write about on www.stuffchristianslike.net. (Which is indeed a direct rip off of the site www.stuffwhitepeoplelike.com.) But today I thought I might deal with something with a little sharper teeth. Something you don’t see addressed often, but you might have experienced.

Put simply, I want to talk about why sometimes we Christians are jerks online.

Much like "Christian hate mail," being a "Jerk Christian" defies logic. We serve a loving God. We follow a Christ who very plainly told us what to do. In Matthew 22 someone asks Jesus, "What is the most important commandment?" The answer is simple:

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: "Love your neighbor as yourself." All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

There’s no confusion about that. No smoke monster. No mystical wisdom that must be found on a mountain peak after growing a ZZ Top-worthy beard. Someone asks Christ what matters and the second thing is "Loving your neighbor as yourself."

So then why are there so many hateful Christian blogs? Why do Christians write bitter messages on Twitter? Why do we send hate mail?

I think there are two reasons Christians are jerks online.

1. The business traveler approach.
  2. It’s unfortunately not that uncommon for business travelers to get in trouble when they’re on the road. With a "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" approach they tend to do things they would never do at home. "The rules don’t apply here. I’m a different person. This is 'road me,' not 'home me.'" I believe sometimes Christians approach the Internet the same way. The rules of "real life" don’t count. Sure, I have to love my neighbor, but are people on Facebook my neighbor? The Internet doesn’t "count." These are just words. Surely I can throw a missile of hate at someone on Twitter. And when we buy into this logic, we develop an unloving, anything goes, whatever happens online stays online mentality. We become two different people, "Offline Christian" and "Online Christian." And we become jerks.

3. Room Cleaning Christianity

Why do Christians argue about drinking beer or why the tankini is the least slutty of all bathing garments? I think it’s because we sometimes practice "Room Cleaning Christianity." Think of it like college. When you’ve got a final paper due Monday, you will be amazed at how energetic your desire is to clean your room. You will scrub tile with a slow toothbrush if it means avoiding the bigger, more difficult work of writing your paper. The same thing happens with Christianity. Loving your neighbor might be simple, but it’s not easy. Maybe my neighbor is a jerk too. Maybe they hate God. Maybe they are actively and violently opposed to everything I believe. And showing them grace feels impossible. So instead of dealing with that, we get online and police people. We find small things to focus on that will distract us. I think God wants us to discuss the little stuff, but we make it an idol when we practice room cleaning Christianity at the exclusion of love. And we tend to become jerks.

Hopefully you’ve never experienced either of these things. Hopefully this article feels like Amish Romance Fiction, currently a hit amongst Christians. But if it doesn’t, if you’ve been an online jerk, if you’ve acted like I have, there’s hope.

Jesus came for the mess-ups like us. Jesus came for the failures. Jesus came for the jerks. (That’s not in the King James version of the Bible, I remixed it like Timbaland.) And the truth is, grace is the antidote to being a jerk online.

So my hope is that you won’t prove my point in the comments section. My hope is you’ll accept my apology for the times I’ve been a jerk to you online.

My hope is that I’ll see Bono in heaven, or at the bare minimum "the Edge."

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Jonathan Acuff.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Jesus • Opinion

soundoff (1,722 Responses)
  1. Gene

Last comment is to Ron

July 4, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  2. Samuel

The 25th chapter of Mathew describes the final salvation of Christians however Revelation 20:12 mentions “another book”. This is the “Book of Life” and the rest of the world is judged out that book based on their deeds. It does not say that the book of life convicts the rest of the world, it says they were judged by their deeds.

July 4, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
    • HeIsGod

Amen!!!

July 4, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  3. Gene

And what about the Jewish people! Every religion has been discriminated against, at one time or another, some more than others. Every statement you just made is an assumption – not a fact. I though Atheists like facts/proof. I think some Presidents have lied and miss-represented themselves to become President, but I believe that (even though his youngest son, is a well-known Atheist leader and his wife, Nancy, “put stock in reading the stars”), President Reagan was a Christian and an honorable man. Many people are honest, have integrity and don’t lie to get what they want. As an Atheist, do you think that the end, justifies the means?

July 4, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
    • Phil

Remember when Pilate called up Caiphus after Jesus died? Caiphus, in his office as High Priest, said "His blood(the guilt for His murder) be upon us(Israel), on our heads and or children's heads" When he said that he invoked a curse on Israel that endures to this day. A lot of the horrors that have happened to Jews over the centuries come from that one stupid statement.

July 5, 2010 at 11:50 am |
  4. Casey

With Holy Spirit I hope you listen: A TRUE Christian does not hate. No matter what the circumstance.
    If you have ever met a Jehovah's Witness – then you know this to be true.
    Different? Yes, because we are instructed by Jesus to be no part of this world (John 17:16).
    An "Active" JW strives to follow Jesus Christ as the imitator of his Father Jehovah God.
    If you have a Bible handy let's review scripture. Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism
    6. one God and Father of all persons, who is over all, and through all, and in all.
    You'll probably have to get out a really old King James to see God's name and after I'll even show you why.
    Psalms 83.18That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
    Even Jesus said in John 17.6 I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world.
    They were yours and you gave them to me, and they observed your word (the Bible) John17:26 and I have made your name known to them and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them. See also John 5:43; 12:12,13,28.
    If Jehovah's name is not in your Bible, read Jeremiah 23:27 They are thinking of making my people forget my name by means of their dreams that they keep relating each one to the other,(the trinity for instance) just as their fathers forgot my name by means of Baal. (Baal was the false gods the people were worshiping until destroyed)
    Major commandments are definitely correct above. Matthew 22 :37 You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind. 38 This is the greatest and first commandment.
    39 The second, like it, is this, You must love your neighbor as yourself.
    A JW will never be responsible for killing your loved one or any others in war. Does that mean we don't care for our freedom or country? NO. We obey the laws, clean our cities and pay our taxes just like every other American. We just don't salute, bow to or worship any idols or fixtures.
    We work and take care of ourselves and do not burden the governmental financial system.
    We love our neighbors.
    We're asking – just as Noah in his day, to heed the warning.
    Jesus will come and reign as King over all the earth. Daniel 7:13,14 Matthew 24:3
    Ephesians 1:18 Luke 21:10,11 Revelations 1:7.
    -– And what we are trying to tell you -- The Faithful are rewarded with everlasting life! (Romans 2:6,7) 6 And he will render to each one according to his works 7 everlasting life to those who are seeking glory and honor and corruptibleness by endurance in work that is good.
    (Revelation 21:3-5) 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say:
    Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples.
    And God himself will be with them.
    4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more,
    neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.
    The former things have passed away.
    5 And the One seated on the throne said: "Look! I am making all things new".
    Also, he says "Write, because these words are faithful and true."

There is a whole Bible I could use to show you true accounts of the very soon to be ending of this system.
    Satan is on the move. He knows his time is short Revelation 12:9 So down the great dragon was hurled the original serpent the one called Devil and Satan who is misleading the entire inhabited earth. 1 Peter 5:8 Keep your senses, be watchful. Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.

If you want the truth and want to see it for yourself in the Bible – please do you and your family a life changing and saving difference, Call or visit A Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witness. I promise that it is the TRUTH!
    Give it one week of your life. Please!

July 4, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  5. Gene

Ron; Rational and logical, is relative to our experience – so right up front, your asking for an explanation of something you might not be willing or able to understand and/or accept. Like life, it’s a journey, not a destination. I can tell you that it is a choice (we all have) that involves a spiritual connection with God. It involves grace, love, forgiveness, getting outside of self, prayer, meditation and the reading/study of Gods’ word with an open mind and a lack of cynicism. To realize that our creators’ ways are higher/better than ours and he’s allot more intelligent than anyone who ever has, or ever will live. Faith, hope and love – you’ll have to ask God, for the rest.

July 4, 2010 at 9:07 pm |
  6. Amy

Jonathan, GREAT article! I've never understood angry Christians. Seems like an oxymoron.

I'm a doctor – I gave a talk on pregnancy once and answered a question about abortion. I told the truth and answered the question factually. No, women who have abortions are not depressed afterward unless they convince themselves they are – usually by listening to groups who tell them they murdered their baby. And the fetus cannot experience pain until well into the third trimester.

Well, I got so much hate email I decided to just get a new email address. It was something else. My favorite was "Jesus will be laughing in your face as you enter the gates of Hell."

Wow. Now THAT is all about Christian love, right? And I don't even perform abortions – I'm not that kind of doctor.

Sad. Really sad.

July 4, 2010 at 8:54 pm |
    • HeIsGod

Hi, Amy, I don't much about abortion, other than it's not in the will of God for a baby to be aborted. But than again, it depends on the situation. As I previously said on other comments, I will not stand to defend all Christians, because I know that we do have hateful ones. Also, Christians are not perfect, we are still liable to sin because of our imperfect nature. No one should ever tell anyone that they are going to hell because no one knows the future and the end of that person. I hate to hear that you got a lot of hateful email. Not every Christian is the same. So, it's good that you changed your email address.

P.S. Be careful who you give your email out to.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

July 4, 2010 at 9:21 pm |
    • Dr. Amy

Just to clarify... I now see several other persons named "Amy" here. I should have looked for that. I'm actually a Christian but NOT fundamentalist. I don't believe in Hell, I love science, I know evolution is a fact, and I don't see any conflict between science and the Bible. To me, the Bible was written by men who had no knowledge of science and were trying to understand God. And to me, Jesus provided an example to try follow. I respect all religions and recognize that I am in my religion because of my upbringing. People who say they investigated all religions (there are a whole heck of a lot of 'em) and ended up realizing theirs was the only true religion are full of rubbish. They are failing to recognize it's simply a matter of having been indoctrinated through childhood.

I embrace this – the knowledge that I go to a church I was raised in. I really don't care that this is simply because of my family culture. We all are supposed to love, help, and support each other and do our best to be ethical and honorable. I don't really see any difference between the religions that just try to help you be a better person. And those religions that scare people are ridiculous. To be in a religion to avoid eternal suffering is, to me, the most absurd reason to be in a religion.

Just my POV – I want to say there are many, MANY Christians who 1) don't believe in Hell, 2) don't believe there is only one "true" religion, 3) support reproductive choice, and 4) love science.

July 4, 2010 at 9:21 pm |
  7. HeIsGod

BTW – Even Satan knows the very Word of God and he, Satan, is the author of confusion. Satan's best job is twisting the Word of God to make many of His chosen people to fall.

July 4, 2010 at 8:08 pm |
    • HeIsGod

Comment is for Levy Grey.

July 4, 2010 at 8:19 pm |
  8. HeIsGod

Hi, Levi, thanks for sharing the website. I read a little and the only thing that I agree with this former pastor is the fact that religion hurts many people that I agree. But the rest of what he said and the scriptures that he gave, my spirit doesn't agree with it. He once believed in the LORD and served Him and now he has backslide from the truth and wants others to believe his lies? Does he honestly think he has God figured out with his own understanding? How can anyone that is a true follower of Christ believes him when many of us have experience the goodness, love, touch, and Spirit of God? It's ridiculous. For what ever reason he turned his back to God, Satan got a hold of his life and soul and he now works for Satan.

Thanks for the website.

July 4, 2010 at 8:06 pm |
  9. Levi Grey

also check out "Balance" on Facebook!

July 4, 2010 at 7:49 pm |
  10. Ron

Consider this. Why do we have to love God with all our hearts, minds and soul? Why do we have to worship him,or her? We don't even know this deity. We've never met. Many people have miserable lives yet they are compelled to worship, obey and adore this being with everything we've got. Someone please explain this to me and only in rational, logical terms, please.

July 4, 2010 at 7:22 pm |
    • HeIsGod

Hi, Ron. It is impossible to love God with a miserable life. It isn't in the will of God, Jehovah, for us to live a miserable life. Speaking for myself, I know that life is a challenge, but it doesn't have to be miserable. Anyone who claims to love God and has a miserable life could very be a person who is out of God's will and therefore, is not experiencing the joy of the Lord that brings strength and joy. God wants us to LOVE Him with all of our hearts, minds and souls because God is all about Love. There are many different religions that human beings can have, but God is not interested in a religious relationship. God sees what it has done to many people and isn't happy with it's results. God wants a RELATIONSHIP and very few understands how to have one with God. Jesus Christ said that God is looking for those that will worship God in spirit and in true. It can't be done through a relationship. God created us for Him, not for the world to destroy us. Mankind has become lovers of the world and have turned their back to God. We all have a free will to chose life or death, blessings or curses.

For example, I don't know if you have children or not, when parents raise their children in a good loving home, they want their children to grow up to become the best they can be. But they also have a free will to keep the values that their parents taught them or reject it. Many children stray away from what their parents have taught them and end up being caught up in so much corruption. They have turned their back to the value that was taught to them. God has given us the Bible to know God, learn of God, and give back unto others. It is impossible to keep God's values if we stray from Him. Jesus said, without God, we are nothing and there is nothing further than this truth.

July 4, 2010 at 7:48 pm |
    • HeIsGod

Correction:

It can't be done through a religion.

July 4, 2010 at 7:51 pm |
  11. Gene

How can anything be an obnoxious sin, to an Atheist? What is the basis for sin, to an Atheist? The guidelines Christians use are The 10 commandments – What do Atheists use as a guideline? Atheists proselytize just as much about Atheism, as Christians do about Christianity. Look at all the Atheist organizations and look at this blog. I’m sorry you feel uneasy at work. You wrote;” one must pretend it isn't offensive and not argue with the outright lies, which implies you agree with silence’. If they don’t get fired for discussing Christianity, then they couldn’t fire you, because of discussing Atheism.How could you truly believe in something and remain silent?

July 4, 2010 at 6:03 pm |
    • Gene

Above comment, is to Kate.

July 4, 2010 at 6:11 pm |
    • Ron

Gene, atheists are discriminated against. They will be fired at work for their beliefs and they will be looked down upon in the community. Imagine a candidate running for President who said he didn't believe in God. I think Reagan was an atheist but he couldn't say it. He put more stock in reading the stars than he did in reading the bible. He knew which side his bread was buttered on.........

July 4, 2010 at 7:31 pm |
    • Kate

LOL, a sin is an immoral behavior. Behaving wrongly. Look it up, religion has no lock on the word.

July 6, 2010 at 1:07 am |
  12. Khadijah

Yes, no critical thingking allowed. No questions allowed. Follow the trinity hard line or be cast into hell. Most dont even know how their reiligion came about. Sad, very sad.

July 4, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
    • Gene

Khadijah; You can spend a life-time “critically thinking”, about the who, what, when, where and why, existence occurred and you won’t know much more than you do now. The human mind is MUCH more limited than the creator. Do you think you’ll have it all figured out, by the time you die?

July 4, 2010 at 6:33 pm |
    • Kate

Critical thinking doesn't require you 'figure it out before you die' Critical thinking requires you to be honest and see that there is no evidence in religion, hence it's no more valuable than fairytales for telling us how the world works and how we should act.

July 6, 2010 at 1:25 am |
  13. HeIsGod

@ Kate – Polite society? Are you saying that Atheists are Polite? Please!!! It's more like psycho sociopath!!! I am sure there are more Atheists and I also know that not all of them are rude. LOL, we faint and fall because we fail to realize that there are more Atheist? There are more demonic forces of darkness being dispatched from hell and they are roaming all over the world and we don't fall and faint because of them, what makes you think that we will do it over Atheist? If Satan doesn't scare me, neither do you! If you are not waiting about and thrilled to be told about religion (BTW, I DO NOT HAVE A RELIGION, ONLY A RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST), why do Atheist waste their time blogging in an Article they hate to hear about God? Move on to another one or put up with us...POINT!!!!

Just as this very great comment that I am reposting says:

zann

Here's a thought. Some people just like to stir things up – no matter what their religion. They think its fun to upset people. They really don't care about the topic being discussed, they only want to get a reaction from others.
    I have been reading a library book called "The Sociopath Next Door". Fascinating stuff. The author claims that 1 in 25 people are sociopaths. From the profile she gives, online "trolls" may well be sociopaths. For them, getting people riled is just a game. They have no real emotions, and her theory is that all they are left with is to see life as a game, and the only thing they really enjoy is winning the game. It's really sad – imagine never being able to experience love! It has given me a whole new perspective on why some people are so mean. 1 in 25 people – that can cause a lot of nastiness, but it is easier to ignore when you realize how empty they are inside.

July 4, 2010 at 5:06 pm |
  14. Kate

Proselytizing, if that's what you are referring to is one of the more obnoxious sins I can think of. It comes off like the lascivious co-worker who is constantly saying things that have disgusting double meanings. In order to be polite, one must pretend it isn't offensive and not argue with the outright lies, which implies you agree with silence.

In other words, you take advantage of polite society to bring up argumentative rants. There are far far far more atheists than you know about. Mostly because almost all of us don't ever bring it up. Now that we do occasionally, you all fall about and faint like it's a horrifying offense that we do exist and we aren't waiting about and thrilled to be told about your religion.

July 4, 2010 at 4:06 pm |
  15. HeIsGod

@ Kate – Not one or the other. I have Christ by my side and I have been standing and will keep standing. It's pathetic to see Atheists bash Christians for their belief...I don't see the harm being done to them...do you see it?

July 4, 2010 at 3:46 pm |
  16. Kate

Did she say she was addressing you for your actions? or are you feeling guilty?

July 4, 2010 at 3:33 pm |
  17. Gene

@ Verify and Peace2All; Regarding HeisGod (Who expressed genuine love, in her conversation with Gary); Verify wrote (to Peace2All): "While I hate to say 'never', I do think the the chances of you getting thru to her miniscule. Use her, if you will, as a teaching tool for others who may be reading, and don't beat your head against the wall trying to convince her of anything". Are you trying to convert HeisGod, to Atheism or just trying to teach other Atheists, how to overcome the obstacles, when debating Christians? If you have a problem with Christians talking about their faith, why would you want to push your un-belief, on others? Hypocrisy, is not exclusive, to Christianity – and I guess this statement, makes me a "jerk".

July 4, 2010 at 3:26 pm |
  18. Leigh Anne Bjerregaard

Its fine you are an atheist.We have freedom of religion in our country at the moment. I would suggest that you not resort to so much namecalling as we are supposed to be the jerks!LOL If you know the law, you argue the law, if you know the facts, you argue the facts, and if you know neither you namecall to distract from issues. It would be more effective to try to be substantive. You are welcome to get off site, don't read responses, or turn the channel . But in celebration of the fourth of JUly , I welcome you to share your first ammendment rights of freedom of speech on this great day!!!

July 4, 2010 at 3:16 pm |
  19. Canada Girl

First, @Joe Atheist, actually, you DO have a God, you just don't acknowledge Him as your own. But He is. And even though you don't know Him, He knows you. And I suspect He is pleased with your honesty, as am I.

Second, @ Jonathan Acuff – apology accepted (though, you've never been a jerk to me personally). Christians, male and female, need to remind themselves they ARE accountable for their every action and thought and this is particularly true in online dating. And I am now bookmarking your site!

July 4, 2010 at 2:56 pm |
  20. Leigh Anne Bjerregaard

I'm not sure honey is appropriate.I'm also not sure of the construct of your argument nor grammar. I was giving an example of Christ's behavior on earth, since this writer was denigrating Christians as jerks. I do believe Christ was righting a wrong, and that is who Christians are supposed to emulate! Many have a mistaken view that Christians are supposed to be doormats and take things lying down. I just gave an example where our savior did not! Some people confuse speaking up with being a jerk. Noone seemed to have problems with the drugged out hippies speaking out against VietNam.I guess namecalling of rascism is a way to avoid an academic argument but it doesn't fly with most people anymore. The sticks and stones don't hurt anymore. The arguments are now laughable since they are baseless and overused!!! I don't know why you presumed I have trouble with black people.I used to actually like Obama when he first came on scene as a Senator. My daughter's best friend is black,and have a black sister-in-law, but I do have problems with a large centralized,and ineffective government.I do think multinational corporations go overseas so they can get away from environmental laws here, and should take care of God's earth!

July 4, 2010 at 2:02 pm |
    • Kate

You called out to reconnect with a God of Anger – that was what I was replying to. I wasn't assuming anything about what you meant, I was referring to the popular reasons that religious people are currently speaking out in anger.
      Where I live, I see so called Christian righteous anger all the time that gay people dare to want to have a partnership and family recognized in the same way straight people do. They stand on corners and scream at the traffic with anger and hate. I'm certainly not seeing a people who feel that anger is wrong.

July 4, 2010 at 2:21 pm |
    • HeIsGod

You are so right, Leigh, when you said:

" I do believe Christ was righting a wrong, and that is who Christians are supposed to emulate! Many have a mistaken view that Christians are supposed to be doormats and take things lying down. I just gave an example where our savior did not! Some people confuse speaking up with being a jerk. "

We are supposed to be firm and bold with the Word of God. We are nobody's doormat and Jesus Christ was not one. He was bold and firm and that's why many people in the bible hated Him, even now, many still do.

July 4, 2010 at 2:42 pm |
    • Kate

I see no lack of people taking the 'firm and bold' idea and turning it into justification for being a Jack*ss. How about you prove you can turn the other cheek and gain a little respect before you go firmly and boldly into that territory.

July 4, 2010 at 3:38 pm |
    • HeIsGod

@ Kate You said:

Kate, this isn't just turning the other cheek. This is about standing in what we believe. It is God's territory that these people are trying to invade and change what we believe! You gain respect by giving respect. This people that bash God don't even know the meaning of respect. Also, the Jack *ss are those that are bashing the very Living Word of God and I can less what you say, right about now, I don't!! But here you come along and call us a jack*ss without knowing the facts! You friend, sound like a jack*ss!!!

July 4, 2010 at 3:55 pm |
    • Kate

Unless you have a wrong to right – why are you gung ho to be angry and order people around? So far dear – no respect for you until you figure out why an adult gets angry. You don't need anyone's permission, certainly not mine to stand up for what you think is right, but you aren't going to get anyone's respect for standing around bellowing because you want to.

July 4, 2010 at 4:13 pm |
    • HeIsGod

Kate – Really? You think that Atheist are going to respect me or any of God's people? Ha, ha, ha,!!! That is very funny! If they don't respect the very God that created them, what makes me think that I will be respected? The only way that I will get their respect is to agree with their belief, guess what, no way Jose!!! It will not happen. The only one that are bellowing around here are those that are whining and complaining that we are shoving God's Word down their throat as if they are forced to accept what I or any of God's people say. That is very childish of you and anyone to think that we want to force salvation on others...it's personal, friend.

July 4, 2010 at 4:46 pm |
    • Kate

Who is trying to change what you believe? I thought you were trying to change what I believe.

I don't respect what doesn't exist. I can still respect you partially, but I see you have no interest in defining something to get angry, loud and bellowing about, you apparently just want to bellow. So that that decision loses you respect.

Live with it.

July 4, 2010 at 5:06 pm |
    • HeIsGod

@ Kate – I am not trying to get you to believe. I can lead an atheist to evidence but I can't make him think. It’s been said, “You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.” That maxim is true. If there is no thirst, the horse won’t drink." However, you can “salt his oats” to increase his thirst. I am not angry. I have been laughing my head off with you as with the rest of the Atheist. No one can change anyone. If that's what you think I am trying to do, you are wrong! I am not looking for your respect and as I said earlier, if you don't respect the God that will judge you, rather you believe or not, what makes me think you will respect me? You seem to be stiff-neck stubborn person who keeps bellowing because I refuse to back down! LIKE WISE, LIVE WITH IT OR MOVE ONE! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!! You are funny though.

July 4, 2010 at 5:29 pm |