home
RSS
July 30th, 2010

How faithy will Sarah Palin's next book be?

Pretty faithy, according to three details in today's CNN Political Ticker post about new information Harper Collins has released about the book:

1. The title: "America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith and Flag." (OK, we knew that already.)

2. Harper Collins says the new book "ranges widely over American history, culture, and current affairs, and reflects on the key values - both national and spiritual ... " (That's new information.)

3. The publisher says that sermons will be among the book's inclusion of "selections from classic and contemporary readings that have moved her." (Again, new info.)

Publication date is November 23.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Books • Christianity • Politics • Sarah Palin

1. matt

Why all the noice about this half educated lady who only became popular because she can make a fool of herself most of the time.

October 1, 2010 at 1:09 am |
  2. Frank

Don't you mean her ghostwriter's book? She's not reading anything, let alone writing.

September 30, 2010 at 11:10 pm |
  3. The Veteran

How Faithy? None!! Sarah Palin has very little faith. She believes in what she can see: The Greenback.

Republicans are a faithless bunch. They are a cult like following that is more in line with the Pharisees. They do not resemble Christ at all.

For the record, Faith is much more than just believing in something. It is trusting, loyalty, submission, obedience, confidence, and assurance in God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). Republicans are clearly lacking in faith. If just believing was all there was to it, Satan would be good to go.

September 30, 2010 at 9:32 pm |
    • Frank

You are right on! Our so-called 'leaders' only worship money! Jesus would throw them right out! But they'd crucify Him again before He got a chance to!

October 1, 2010 at 1:18 am |
  4. Albert

Is that really the best picture for the cover they could come up with? I don't agree with her politics or religious beliefs, but she is attractive and could have come up with a much better photo.

September 30, 2010 at 6:36 pm |
  5. J.A. Messenger

All it takes is a little faith, like the size of a mustard seed, that's it.

September 30, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  6. mitzie

"the new book "ranges widely over American history, culture, and current affairs." I would like to know who wrote this part for her. Frankly, I have not known her to be very knowledgeable in this area. It must range very "widely".

September 30, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  7. steveshuster

I couldn't have said it any better exposing this fraud.In my experience with these bible thumpers-their all hypocrites

September 30, 2010 at 1:47 pm |
  8. EZ

How about telling the Senators and Congressmen to take a patriot stand on company’s offshoring jobs. Corporations that offshore jobs are traitors and should be taxed on goods produced overseas and IT services performed outside the country. You don’t hear companies from India, China, Philippine or even the European block knocking at my door for jobs offers. In my opinion the U.S. should eliminated H1 visas and the L1 and L2 visas plus others. These visas where provide because of the lack of specialized talent that could not be found here at home. With so many people unemployed I am certain the specialized talent can be found here in the U.S.A. At least the $5,000.00 application fee for the H1 lottery visas pool companies pay should be raised to $50,000.00. This will force the companies to train U.S. workers with the specialized talent that they desperately need.

September 30, 2010 at 1:32 pm |
  9. RTB

Another right wing, holier than thou, pile of crap.
    This Air Head doesn't have a clue about the meaning of true "Christin Thought".
    Palin is a vengeful, hate monger, void of an original thought.
    The babble that does come out of that vacuum confuses even the babbler.

September 30, 2010 at 10:57 am |
  10. John

Lets see. The New York Times went out of its way last time assigning nine reporters to deconstruct and trash Going Rouge. That ended up a losing proposition. Since the NYT lost that one I guess playing the religious card is the next best thing. Yawn...

August 3, 2010 at 4:25 pm |
  11. Dr. Diamond

important announcement: Sarah Palin is no Christian. Sarah Palin has no clue to what it means to follow Christ. This woman is a devil... She is why people like Anne Rice opt out of Christianity.” Palin bares false witness against her brothers & sisters. This woman is a rogue gone mad. How can she be a Christian and not read the bible. What's she gonna do write it on her hand. She is a she-devil. You betcha...What is the second Commandment. Maybe Sarah Palin should write it on her hand.

Dr. Diamond 2010 A.D.

August 2, 2010 at 2:54 pm |
    • peace2all

@Dr. Diamond

Quite honestly Dr. D... You are kinda' sounding possibly even more nuts than Sarah....

No offense....

August 2, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  12. Lisa

Maybe she should spend a little time reflecting on that family of hers? This woman is such a master manipulator and so hateful that there is no way she represent "Christian values" – well, except those of the new Christian right where hate is considered a virtue.

August 2, 2010 at 8:16 am |
    • viacondios

perhaps she fell into her faith later in life too...think about that Lisa.
      I honestly don't think she's Oval office material – but she is actually more real than the man who sits in that office now.

September 30, 2010 at 11:07 pm |
  13. Peter F

What is our country coming to that she is considered by many to be an intelligent and strong political leader? I would rather have Lisa Kudrow in the White House.

August 1, 2010 at 11:41 pm |
    • DangerMouse

Sir, while Ms. Kudrow probably doesn't need me to defend her, as a gentleman I must insist that you refrain from comparing her to Ms. Palin in this intemperate manner as a matter of course.

August 2, 2010 at 2:43 am |
    • Peter F

Keep your shirt on. I'm making a point which I think everyone got. lol Ms. Kudrow has no political experience, and I've heard Palin does – though I'm not sure it's to the country's benefit.

August 2, 2010 at 11:12 am |
    • DangerMouse

Sorry. I thought you were being insulting. Shirt back on.
      I think the problem was that Ms. Palin has more than one fault in her list of shortcomings – and your sentence did not necessarily make anything clear, insult-wise.
      And I thought it a little weird that you picked Ms. Kudrow out of a clear blue sky for the comparison thingy.
      Ah, well. Live and learn.

August 2, 2010 at 11:38 pm |
    • viacondios

Mr. Peter F – you got worse than that now...so what's the problem. Sarah could not do any worse than what is happening at the hands of the "ruler" we allowed to completely disrespect the office of the President of the United States.

September 30, 2010 at 11:05 pm |
  14. peace2all

Personally, I could care less how 'faithy' Sarah's next book is. She has no credibility except for those that seem to talk in the language and IQ of ..... "You betcha'"

Just more waste of trees in her spouting religious dribble.... and.... somebody that is trying to make her look and sound appealing for her 'party' is no-doubt trying to make her palateable for her parties followers.

July 31, 2010 at 6:32 pm |
  15. Jill

Gary, did you mean "invasive"?

July 31, 2010 at 12:39 pm |
  16. John

Hey Gary, how many of your kids have DIED in Iraq? How many zillions did the draft dodging Bush and Cheney give to the defense industry? And how about the $1T in tax breaks they gave to corporate America and the rich? Hello Gary are you still there?

July 31, 2010 at 12:16 pm |
    • viacondios

dear john..who is rich in your terms/definition?

September 30, 2010 at 11:03 pm |
  17. John J

I vote on an individual basis, not by party line. Forgive me Gary, but I would say Dick Cheney and the previous administration wrote the book on evasive governance. I leave the former president out of the equation because it seems even he was unaware of the goings on.

July 31, 2010 at 10:17 am |
  18. Gary

I am an agnostic. I vote republican cause I am against high taxes and evasive government.

July 31, 2010 at 9:51 am |
    • DangerMouse

I am agnostic about your reply. Could you elaborate?

August 2, 2010 at 12:18 am |
    • CSchoot

Would that be two scoops of fascism with your tea? Or one?

September 30, 2010 at 2:11 pm |
  19. Sarah

I'm a devout Christian and can seriously appreciate the idea of a politician who has faith and isn't afraid to show it. However, I feel that her actions do not follow her speech - her policies are designed to abuse what God has given us to tend and protect, enable suffering, and ignore science (which does not exist in opposition of God, but parallel to belief).

July 31, 2010 at 7:27 am |
  20. Reality

"Poor, poor" Sarah P, another "evangelist" suffering from the Three B's of Christianity. If she would only realize that Jesus is still a-mouldering in his grave, that he did not die for our sins and he is and never was the son of some three part god.

July 30, 2010 at 6:17 pm |
    • Albert

I agree with you, but only to the extent that the trinity teaching has it's roots in Greek mythology. It is not taught in the Bible.

September 30, 2010 at 6:34 pm |
    • viacondios

wow – you have alot to live for.

September 30, 2010 at 11:02 pm |