home
RSS
July 30th, 2010

1. Akira

If this dude goes ahead and burns Qurans when he says he will, he'll essentially sign his own death warrant. He'll give an excuse for some radicalized Islamist to hunt him down and blow him away for the crime of "insulting Islam". I'm not sure what he hopes to accomplish by being inflammatory, is that the Christian way in his mind?

July 30, 2010 at 9:25 pm |
  2. Eric G

What will the reaction be when a group of Muslims decide to retaliate by burning bibles? Being an atheist, I find it disgusting that someone in a position of influence would resort to picking a fight to show how uncivilized they can be.

July 30, 2010 at 8:08 pm |
  3. Bob

Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

July 30, 2010 at 6:55 pm |
  4. Reality

Google "Muslims bible burning" to get all said references about Muslims burning the bible but note that once the "bowers" of Islam see how they have been conned by their imams and ayatollahs for the last 1400 years, they too will burn their copies of the koran i.e. the angel Gabriel never existed so there is no way that the warmongering, womanizing, and hallucinating Mohammed got any koranic passages from some god. Tis the great angelic con game. Joe Smith was the latest to pull it off with his "angelic" Moroni. The significant stupidity and gullibility of it all!!!!!

And ditto when we the "pew peasants" of Christianity finally realize the con that has been pulled on us, we too will burn our bibles. I have not burned my copy but have relegated to the mostly fictional section of my reference library.

July 30, 2010 at 6:49 pm |
    • Bob

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
      Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; (hel)l

July 30, 2010 at 6:54 pm |
  5. Bob

Jesus is not a prophet He is God!!!! that is what the new testament says if you believe what Allah says!!

July 30, 2010 at 6:46 pm |
  6. Frank Rizzo

From what I understand of Islam is that to be a true believer in Islam a Muslim MUST Love & Honor All of God's Books and His All His Prophets, Angels, and LAWS. So what the hell is this guy talking about. As a Christian I would never burn any book considered Holy to any person. Jesus taught us to love and honor all of God's creations, To All my Muslim Friends, And muslims in General I'm sorry for the hate passed by this wacko in my book he is NO REAL CHRISTIAN.

July 30, 2010 at 6:41 pm |
    • Shahbaz

Your understanding, I think, is perfectly right about Muslims. So-called Muslims who conduct acts of terror against believers of the Book bring shame to true Muslims. They are no true Muslims either.

August 1, 2010 at 5:50 am |
  7. Meh

Religion: Bringing people together (or not) since ∞.

July 30, 2010 at 6:35 pm |
  8. Frank Rizzo

As a Christian Im ashamed of hearing and seeing this religious bigotry, this guy wants to start a War within our Country with friends of mine who are Muslims, man thats sad. I have Jewish friends as well this attack on Muslims remind me of when the Nazis went after the Jews in Germany. This guy better be careful some Muslim Wing-Nut might do Jihad on his butt, of course I don't wish this on anyone, I think this guy just signed his own death warrant man thats crazy. I wish good will to everyone theres bad apples in every group.

July 30, 2010 at 6:33 pm |
    • april lee

well written

September 7, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  9. Katie

This is so wrong on so many levels...I can't believe this man has the guts to actually attempt this.

July 30, 2010 at 6:23 pm |
    • Obadiah

Not guts, cowardice. Hatred is cowardly by nature, because it evolves from fear.

July 31, 2010 at 3:57 am |
  10. Shahbaz

I am a Muslim. I believe Old and New Testaments are Words of Allah. In fact, my belief in Islam is not complete without believing in the earlier scripture. Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) is a Holy Prophet to me.
    ... and I will respect the Holy Bible and will NOT burn it. I pray that Allah show us all the right path and thay we should respect each others beliefs. Ameen!

July 30, 2010 at 6:00 pm |
    • Leila

Thank you! I am a muslim and believe the same, this is pure ignorance we have going on..He will meet his maker one day.
      Subhanallah!

July 31, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  11. Right

Couldn't agree more with Mr Sanchez
    He's what we call
    a right and just man

July 30, 2010 at 5:28 pm |
  12. Luke

"when fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross."

...and so it begins.

July 30, 2010 at 3:57 pm |
    • JohnQuest

Luke, I don't really think it will come down to that, for one very good reason: The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution protects the right to keep and bear arms.

July 30, 2010 at 4:21 pm |
    • VaderZan

Semper ordo ab chao. Let the lamp shine unto the world. Selah!

July 30, 2010 at 6:09 pm |
    • Kolby Gwingoir

The good news is that fascist attempts have previously failed, and we can cause failure of the upcoming ones again and again.

July 30, 2010 at 6:55 pm |
  13. Josephine Penrose

I am so sorry Phaeth. Christians shouldnt act this way. As a christian, I truly apologize. I know i dont know you but i do love you, more than you can imagine. May God bless you in abundance.

Christians, stop judging. Many of us think we are good humanitarians. We dont kill, we dont rob, we dont do this and that. But, when we speak with disdain we kill with our words, when we expect recognition we rob from our spirit. Don't be surprise when other people are better than us. Remember, they will always try to prove to the world they are better human beings without God or with a different god. we dont need the world to see our goodness, we should do it quietly. If someone else hears of our goodness, let them testify for us.

Luke, i would love to talk about science, we dont even have to mention God, science is sooo beautiful. I studied Physics so we may talk about it. 🙂

Blessings.

July 30, 2010 at 3:50 pm |
  14. Gary

burning a bible or quran is very dispectfull and un called for. Agnostic but no reason to burn a religious text. I am not intimidated or even offended by any science fiction book

July 30, 2010 at 3:44 pm |
  15. Phaeth

Luke of course sharing a dinner is a wonderful way for people to share differing opinions. My wife is Maghribia (Moroccan) and a Wonderful cook. We eat traditional Tajine nearly everyday. Ramadan is shortly approaching in about 12 days and we will spend the majority of evenings at homes with family and friends, reading from the Qur'an and having talks about our everyday experiences.

July 30, 2010 at 3:33 pm |
    • Luke

Be warned: I eat a lot and I think religion is nonsense, but it's cool if people just leave me alone about it. Some really nice traditions though. Jewish traditions are fun and great for kids. I'll show you some. Isn't that what is most important? The tradition and family time?

July 30, 2010 at 3:40 pm |
  16. JohnQuest

Phaeth, I agree, I think there are fringe groups of all types using religion to justify their hatred. I am a non believer (I think you would call me an atheist or infidel), I have met other non believers that were as passionately hateful about thier beliefs as religious believers, sad really. I am an old Marine and have proudly served with Marines that were Muslims, Jews, Christian, and every other religion one can think of, although I was a non believer we all respected each other, I think that is what's missing.

July 30, 2010 at 3:32 pm |
  17. Jessica

Thank you for the above intelligent comment.
    The most ironic thing about all of this is that this man (and those who associate with him) are acting just like that small percentage of Islam against which he is fighting. He is a radical christian who is preaching a message which most do not believe, just as Al-Qaeda and other radical groups preach a message which most do not believe. I beg this man to stop and please take a good look at himself before he hurts almost 2 billion people for no reason other than his own stupidity.

July 30, 2010 at 3:29 pm |
    • Salman

Agree with Jessica, this guy is crazy and sick.

August 3, 2010 at 2:31 pm |
    • April Gabel

I agree, again.

August 20, 2010 at 7:05 pm |
  18. Luke

Let's just say everything you stated is true (this is the internet afterall). I admire you. You are welcome in my home any time. I come from a long lineage of Jews, but am a strident non-believer and active in the community with regards to raising scientific awareness and reasonable thinking. Somehow, I get the feeling you wouldn't mind and we civilly share a dinner. Am I wrong?

July 30, 2010 at 3:24 pm |
  19. cat

On my way to burn a few bibl-oh hey Luke already gets the point too! If it's not sacred to me, then right into the fire it goes, right? lol @ christians pretending they're big boys with big boy choices to throw on others. Oh you guys :3

July 30, 2010 at 3:17 pm |
  20. Luke

How about I burn bibles? Better yet, how about I burn him? Neither is sacred to me. Not that I want to. Just sayin...

July 30, 2010 at 3:07 pm |
    • Paige

I agree. This is the kind of "Christian" behavior that disgusts me. Having grown up in a Muslim country, I can tell you that there isn't ten cents worth of difference between the Bible and the Quran.

July 30, 2010 at 4:50 pm |
    • Daniel

Of course, less than 300 years ago, Christians were still burning real or alleged Muslims, so I suppose this is progress.

July 30, 2010 at 4:58 pm |
    • hombre8

Wow. He's almost begging some OTHER crazy person to attack him. These crazies will keep on fighting, and they and the rest of us will come out on the losing end..

July 30, 2010 at 8:18 pm |
    • Bama214

If there was a god, he'd be embarrassed to have created this "pastor"

July 31, 2010 at 7:51 pm |
    • zt

yeah we can do this but we Wont .because Islam preaches us respect of other religions too...Alaaas just few of them know about real islam n real muslims..

August 2, 2010 at 5:32 am |
    • juwan

i am muslim and that is not a good choice to do not to be mean but you might want to watch wat u say on the internet i can burn a bible if i wanted to but i wont because im the igger person so try learning from us you dont see us burning the bible and cussing christans out wat i thought so be the bigger person or you will regret wat you're gonna do

August 6, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
    • Pamela Brodter

After a short prayer I believe this Pastor needs; with the rest of us to not only speak out against this evil book called the koran but should also burn all the the witchcraft books and the books on the KKK and all the books on Astrology and all the books that teach lies. I also want it to go on record that at first I thought this was not the Love of God but I was wrong...the KORAN is a book of lies that commands its followers to murder and kill those who refuse to agree with them. The muslims are following the moon god. They are not followers of Abraham of the Bible like they say they do. That would be the Great God of Israel not the moon. Let's support this Pastor with out prayers! How come we so called Christian's are NOT speaking out against the KORAN? For the Great God of Israel has not given us a Spirit of fear...but of love and peace and a sound mind. How can people read the Koran and go along with it and get mad at Jim Jones. He claimed to be a Christian. Why are not more Pastor's doing this... I want to correct my first thought that just popped into my head. Have your read the Koran or the Bible? NO I know you have only read parts and parrot what others have said. The Koran was people to Murder and they claim to be decendants of Abraham but the god they serve is the Moon god not the God of Abraham. You should do some research and prove me incorrect.

August 6, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
    • Joseph

I believe he is misguided by hatred; as a Muslim person I hope God will forgive him and guide him into the right direction. Every religion in the world teaches us to love one another even Islam and it is written in the same holy book he wants to burn. There are miss guided people in Islam just like him and driven by hatred to interpret the word of God and cause mischief and Islam always pays the price. If you hate what these people do, do not be like them; that’s my advice to you. I hope God will forgive for what you are about to do and guide you onto the righteous path…..Peace.

August 19, 2010 at 9:25 am |
    • April Gabel

I was listening to the awful supposedly christian preacher on Thom Hartman today,, the man is a bigot and though I do not consider my self a christian, he I know enough about it ( have read the bible like I read a LOT of bbooks, books on religion interest me) however this man is not by the deffinition of christian that I am aware of, and I think I will go buy a bible and burn it, what day should we plan it for, the same day as theirs? Im in

August 20, 2010 at 7:03 pm |
    • Dave

Please forgive those who call themselves Christians and do things like burn other people's sacred books. These people are not true Christians, if they were they'd know from their own sacred book that while we may have the legal right to burn whatever we want, it is not wise to do it. Paul said, "All things are lawful, not all things are expedient." Meaning, yes, you can do whatever you want, but if you are a believer, you will one day give an account for how you exercised stewardship over everything. This pastor is does not represent Christianity though he claims he does. If he truly believed the Bible he claims to preach, he would know he should be teaching love...doesn't mean he has to agree with his "enemy" but the Bible says his job is to serve his enemy and let God sort things out. He's committed the same sin of Lucifer in rising up in pride above God and taking matters into his hands that he has no authority over. He is an embarrassment to sensible people and most assuredly true believers. There is a library of books not sacred to Christians, we're not out burning them too...this is a willful intent to create division, incite anger, and reactions based on emotions. A true Christian rises above this and does not need to react out of emotion. A true Christian understands anger is a secondary emotion and will always focus on their neighbors heart, not guilt or coercion or try to make a point that might change behavior and leave the heart still wounded. A true Christian seeks out to create healing and redemption, not division. A true Christian is known by their love for one another. Discern these people who claim the name but don't walk the talk, they are antichrist. If this pastor is reading this and believes he is doing the will of God he needs to get back to the Bible and realize this is not what God would require of him. He needs to repent or stop calling himself a Christian. Also read the part in the Bible where both of Abraham's sons are to be respected.

To those who hold the Quran sacred, I apologize for the stupidity of those claiming to adhere to Christianity but haven't got a clue. He is not one of us. We love all people, even if you never love us back. We believe you have the freedom of choice even if we believe the freedom you exercise is wrong.

September 7, 2010 at 3:27 pm |
    • april lee

excellent

September 7, 2010 at 10:46 pm |
    • april lee

in islam you cant burn bibles or anything religious it is just a horrible offence- this ignoramus is trying to stir a holy war and providing support to terrorist what a dumb hick

September 7, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
    • The Oft-Rejected but Eternally Hopeful Once-a-Baptist Fool

Someday Christianity is going to realize that Jesus-anity, the belief in a Jesus that judges and condemns all those who don't know him by name, is vastly inferior to true Christ-ianity, where everyone accepts that the Christ energy, which is the energy of God's Divine Love, shall save every soul.

Go to 1 John 4:7-20 and see how EVERY soul that Loves is connected to God and a child of God, even Muslims and Buddhists.

When Jesus said that no one can come to the Father except through the Son he was speaking as the only 100% embodiment of the Christ energy of God's Love.

Only through LOVE can one see God – NO MATTER YOUR RELIGION! The Buddha sat under a tree and asked God only one thing – to become a perfect extension of his LOVE. The Buddha was filled to 99.9999% with the Christ energy and Buddhism is an attempt to duplicate his journey.

The Christ energy exists within ALL life-affirming religions and it existed within Mohammad as well.

Religions were created because the world couldn't accept God's first mandate to LOVE each other, which is the Golden Rule – Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Since people seem to have more faith in social clubs, dogma and rules, God created thirty-one flavors of religious ice cream, BUT IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT LOVE!

Christians are outnumbered two-to-one in this world and yet they point fingers at others and claim that others are going to hell AND THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING, spreading hatred, JUDGMENT and condemnation of others.

I have personally looked Jesus and Jehovah in the eyes, and I have had the devil personally attempt to crush the life out of my body as an immense, unseen mass, just so that I wouldn't send these messages of LIGHT out into the dark world as it stands today.

Before you dismiss me as a fool, I ask you which is more logical, that God would hide his spiritual salvation in a manner that is available to EVERY soul at ANY time in ANY place, throughout ALL of history, or that God would shovel ALL of the souls that lived before Jesus was born into a furnace AND condemn 2/3rds of today's souls to hell as well.

Embrace your religion, whatever it may be, and know that if you dig down to its core, the Christ energy of God's LOVE will be shining back up at you – the Sefirot, if you prefer Jewish Kallalistic interpretations.

Dear Lord, I pray that you won't let the ridicule of what I've asserted commence, or let the hate speak of one religion pounding upon another continue, but You have deemed Free Will immutable, and that is the common view of the world that we live in right now.

God, Jehovah, Allah, Sophia, Gaia and the other myriad names of the One True God, help us and save us from our blindness, our anger, and our spiritual stupidity. Please separate those who can reason with LOVE in their heart from those who can only read words of judgment and hatred in whatever they read.

September 12, 2010 at 11:15 am |