home
RSS
August 4th, 2010

Bristol Palin ISO mate with 'religious beliefs'

"I also want someone who has religious beliefs and a good family."

–Bristol Palin, after breaking off engagement to Levi Johnston, on what she's looking for in a mate.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Politics • Sarah Palin

1. TaterTot

Did Snookie Palin's mama orchestrate this "statement" ? Why does Snookie Palin have the tabloids on speed dial?

August 5, 2010 at 2:40 pm |
  2. Steve

- Pregnant Out-of-wedlock GOP Children whining about religion! you reap what you Ho'
    - I think she should marry Oliver North – thus completely the perfect cycle of GOP and Christofascist hypocrisy

- I so pity Levi

August 4, 2010 at 9:48 pm |
  3. NL

She might want to be a little more specific on those criteria. "Religious beliefs" could mean ANY religious beliefs whatsoever, and that's a lot of variety out there in the dating pool. And what does having "a good family" mean? Considering his Saudi Arabian connections GW Bush might have given bin Laden a recommendation before 911 based on his having "a good family." Can't say he doesn't have "religious beliefs" either. Oh, man, what a family!

August 4, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  4. Nonimus

Seems par for the Belief Blog course.

August 4, 2010 at 2:56 pm |
  5. Lisa

I think Bristol forgot two things. 1. Christ. 2. Levi has parental rights.

August 4, 2010 at 11:22 am |
  6. RetRev

The CNN Belief Blog covers the faith angles of the day's biggest stories, from breaking news to politics to entertainment, fostering a global conversation about the role of religion and belief in readers' lives. It's edited by CNN's Dan Gilgoff and Eric Marrapodi, with daily contributions from CNN's worldwide newsgathering team and frequent posts from religion scholar and author Stephen Prothero.

Really?????

August 4, 2010 at 10:39 am |
  7. Luke

"I also want someone who has religious beliefs and a good family."

Any ole religious beliefs? A little more specificity young lady...

August 4, 2010 at 9:01 am |
  8. jenn

why are they HOT NEWS..this goes to show what the world is coming to. i am pretty sure there are more important topics to discuss..the war, the mosque, AIDS, stravation, homeless, domestic violence, child abuse...really bristol palin...uugh

August 4, 2010 at 8:53 am |
    • Gary

Jenn, good point ...no religion christianity judism,lsam or any others has been successfull in stopping any of these sad realities. religion is for scared narrow minded folks to hide from the worlds real problems. in fact religion creates war,starvation,alienation and many other evil things..

August 4, 2010 at 1:06 pm |
  9. Reality

Poor unwed and unread Bristol P. Next topic!!!

August 4, 2010 at 7:55 am |
  10. Fupped

Hi Bristol...

I too have scattered religious beliefs, designed for convenience purposes only. Because I think your mother is pretty darned whacked out, I feel certain I can offer you a sound family foundation for out of wedlock sex, etc. If interested then please include me in your prayers. Perhaps we can meet over tongues.

August 4, 2010 at 4:00 am |
  11. M01

Hey, I'm a minister with the Universal Life Church, but I'm also an Atheist, so that evens it out, right? Anyways, I'll pass, somehow I don't think it would be worth it, if I had to meet her folks.

August 4, 2010 at 3:20 am |
  12. Jay

Hit me up Bristol. I got a kid out of wedlock too. And I believe in a church, and maybe getting with a soldier might help mom win an election.

August 4, 2010 at 2:31 am |
  13. macguysea

Are you kidding me????.... seriously????? LOL

August 4, 2010 at 2:19 am |
  14. DangerMouse

So what sort of news journalism IS this?

Is this a blog or a "provocateur's" bit of fun? Shall we dans le macabre? Shall we now learn who "did it?" (I hear it was the butler, btw)

I do not intend this particular post to be directed at anyone but CNN and those persons actually responsible for content. ("actually" being the operative word in this context.)

Please delete this article from this blog.

August 4, 2010 at 1:41 am |
  15. peace2all

This does not seem to be actual news worthy of a 'belief blog' for serious debate and discussion. Just my opinion...

Peace.......

August 4, 2010 at 1:18 am |
  16. DangerMouse

I would like to protest this scandal-rag sort of article in this blog. Ms. Palin's personal ads do not belong in this blog, regardless of whether she is the one to put it there or not.

August 4, 2010 at 12:59 am |