home
RSS
September 9th, 2010

Muslim group to distribute replacement Qurans in response to planned burning

(CNN) - A major Islamic group will announce an initiative Thursday to distribute 200,000 Qurans to replace what it says are 200 copies that a Florida church plans to burn in a gesture that has sparked controversy worldwide.

The Rev. Terry Jones, pastor of Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, said he will go ahead with plans to burn Qurans on the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Jones' plan comes amid increased pressure and warnings that doing so could endanger U.S. troops and Americans worldwide.

On Wednesday, the Vatican joined a chorus of groups imploring the church not to burn Islam's holy book, saying it would be an "outrageous and grave gesture."

Read the full story here

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Islam • Quran

1. Rosalee

I am wondering too, what makes Athiests have to mock? Just because you don't believe in God,Jesus, whatever your terminology is for him..why go to the lenghts you do making fun, and calling him names and such? Are you trying to convince yourself your right ? Does downplaying him give you more conviction for your beliefs?

September 10, 2010 at 9:31 pm |
  2. Rosalee

@DavidJohnson

don't have time at the moment. I will be back later. Why don't you pray and ask god for the best argument to prove He exists. If you read my posts in other blogs, and this one you will find I don't lose debates.

So give me your best argument, from your god.

I will answer it later.

Where is the debate you speak of? Nobody had to prove anything to you. Whats to prove, what you don't believe?
    You sir, are nothing but a mere mortal, a speck in the vast universe of the Almighty God. I find you funny at least. To say on one hand that you have read everything, and find them all to be things that don't make sense. Go figure that!
    A senless being trying to make sense of anything =0 Thats ZERO. Got it?
    You win all arguments,huh? Hmm.when is a winner not a winner? When he is a loser from the start.
    No one with sense would waste thier time doing nothing but laughing at you and that egotistical "logic" you call wisdom!

September 10, 2010 at 9:21 pm |
    • David Johnson

You asked, "When you mock as you do, and make fun of others beliefs, are you any better then the guy who wanted to burn Quarans?"

I am an equal opportunity employer. I think there are no gods. I don't single out any one god.

I am sorry you feel the way you do. You could have learned much from me.

Cheers!

September 11, 2010 at 1:59 pm |
  3. moko

When I buy Canon digital camera, I got, manual book. The manual book create by Canon DEVELOPER. The manual contain user guidance, how to use camera properly and tutorial of error check, and other synchronize information between camera and manual. What if I by Canon digital camera but I got Nokia manual book ?

Al-Quran is just like that, a manual book for human, create by ALLAH. And ALLAH doesn't need Al-Quran, and doesn't need human. HE is a GOD.

Gather all human and jin in this planet, praying for ALLAH, it will not add ALLAH kingdom even for 1 inch.
    Gather all human and jin in this planet, fight againts ALLAH, it will not reduce ALLAH kingdom even for 1 inch.

September 10, 2010 at 10:42 am |
  4. nell

Why when Obama speaks out about something, anything, the next question from the media is, should he have said that? Does the American people ever wonder why the economy has tanked? Think about it, the news media is constantly questioning the Presidents motive on everything. I will be so happy when Obama is out of office, then I can sit back and look at all the ignorant people elected. The news media is constantly talking about Palin, why? Anyone can tell by listening to her that her intelligence is limited, the same as with the Rev. Jones and his book burning crusade.

September 10, 2010 at 12:01 am |
    • David Johnson

@nell

If I wasn't already married to 4 other women, I'd ask you to be my wife!

You are so right about everything. Cheers to you and yours!!

September 10, 2010 at 12:57 am |
  5. David Johnson

@KimJong

Where is your god's argument? I was expecting to be blown away at it wisdom. Instead, I find only your ignorant comment.

Look! I have given Jesus a whoopin'!

September 9, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  6. Iqbal khan

September 9, 2010 at 7:58 pm |
    • David Johnson

After about 3 minutes, the kids voice starts to irritate.

Get the kid a good education. Boy bands don't last. The boys grow up. Cheers!

September 10, 2010 at 9:11 am |