home
RSS
September 10th, 2010

1. Michael

Dear Pastor and Heartsong Church parishioners, I wanted to extend a brief, yet sincere thank you here on your message board. The recent press and attention that Heartsong Church has received has captivated me for three reasons. First, I happen to have very close ties to Tennesseans as I lived there for several years while attending college and I know how kind, peaceful, and giving the majority of folks in Tennessee are. Second, I am a Christian myself and therefore appreciate the level of tolerance and grace that you have extended to the Muslim community in your area. Third, my wife happens to be Muslim and I know how relieved and appreciative she was when hearing this story on the news. She was actually born in Bethlehem and immigrated to the U.S. with her parents at an early age. We are both moderate and have nothing but mutual respect and appreciation for our two faiths. We have found common ground, and accept the fact that redemption reaches different individuals in different ways. I also want to add that I am a Special Agent for the United States government and have been “directly” involved in the fight against Islamic extremism for the past ten years. I understand the threat against this country, yet I also know for a fact that the OVERWHELMING majority of Muslims on this earth want nothing but peace, faith, and love for all people. Thanks again, M

October 1, 2010 at 3:17 pm |
  2. TruthTeller

I am a former Muslim, who has known plenty of Muslims, including one I (unfortunately) married. I've read the Quran, the Hadith and various biographies of Mohammed. There is much to fear in Islam and the Muslim community. There is a huge difference between the Torah and Bible and the Quran. Muslims believe that the Quran was GIVEN to Mohammed by God (Allah) and therefore it is perfect and applicable for all time exactly as written, in totality. Jews and Christians see their texts as God-inspired and worthy of respect, but not as handed down directly by God, word for word, without exception, forever. That's why beheadings and stonings and cutting off hands of thieves occur regularly in Muslim countries, but not in countries with Jewish or Christian majorities. And Islam means no separation of church and state, so unless you like the idea of living under shariah law (with beheadings, stonings, etc...), I would suggest being very afraid and very prepared for the reality of Islam. It's nothing like the politically correct fantasies of well-mannered Westerners.

September 27, 2010 at 7:17 am |
  3. Madison

What is everyone so scared of? Those of you that are so scared do you know a muslim? What do you really know about Islam? What you have learned about Islam did you learn from the media, the internet, your 'religious' leaders? If you said yes to any of them I have to ask, well then how shaded is your knowledge? Every religion has there radicals. Every religion has those that represent terribly. Are all catholics child molestors? Afraid of what the future may hold? what would that be? Think back to all the things that people feared for the future that never happend, What a waste of time. There is nothing to fear here (but fear itself). I challenge all of you to go meet a muslim, find out what they believe. Not to change your belief but to educate yourself.
    Dont use the excuse "well the Quran says this, the Quran says that" the Bible and Torah say many things too do you want to pick that apart? Dont be scared people. Dont hate, those are not feeling from God

September 12, 2010 at 9:47 am |
  4. Patsy

I am not a Christian, I am a Wiccan so my opinion may not count much, but I grew up with very strict religious grandparents. The one thing they always taught me was that everyone has the right to believe as they choose..and that the best way to show "Christian love" was not to cram it down peoples throats, but to show it in their daily actions.

It seems like this church in Tennessee is just trying by their actions, to show instead of just "lip service"

September 11, 2010 at 12:55 pm |
  5. Iqbal khan

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZNTjoZdVn8&w=640&h=360]

September 10, 2010 at 11:05 pm |
  6. Brian

This is a good example of why I have come to believe, after watching/listening to recent news events/discussion, that the Park51 mosque should not be built 2 blocks away from ground zero, but on ground zero proper.

September 10, 2010 at 4:20 pm |
  7. Peter F

A little welcoming love goes a long way. Great job, guys!

September 10, 2010 at 1:12 pm |
    • David Johnson

@Peter F

You said, "A little welcoming love goes a long way. Great job, guys!"

I have some real reservations about this. I hope you are still saying, "Great Job" in the near and distant future.

September 10, 2010 at 5:17 pm |
    • Kate

@David Johnson

If you spend your days in fear, then someone else is controlling your life already, not you.

Just observin'

September 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  8. Kate

Speechless.

It only needs to start with one.

Just stunned

September 10, 2010 at 1:03 pm |
  9. Reality

Once the bowers to Mecca see that they have been conned by the "angelic" hallucinations of a long-dead, warmongering, womanizing (11 wives) Arab, these 1.5 billion lost souls will quickly become secularists, agnostics or atheists and a semblance a global peace will spread across the globe.

Ditto for Christians who have been conned by the resurrection, ascension and virgin birth cons.

Ditto for the followers of Judaism who have been conned by the Abraham and Moses' myths. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20E1EFE35540C7A8CDDAA0894DA404482

September 10, 2010 at 12:56 pm |
    • Matthew Cover

Don't be mislead be Charles Darwin’s false doctrine which is disproved "Debunked" by Science. Christianity how ever can not be disproved simply because the Uncreated Infinite Triune God is not confined by the laws of Physics. Symbiotic relationships disprove Darwinism. I can observe that it take something to make something. Also the anti religious view that if we remove religion establish atheism we will have peace is baseless and a prejudice belief, because even if you removed all religions and established atheism we would still have wars and so on because its a result of something that people like you refuse to accept Sin. The Rejection of the word of God the Holy Bible hence the fall of man.

CREATIONISM AND WHICH RELIGION IS RIGHT