home
RSS
October 1st, 2010

Muslims speak - and sing - for themselves

Native Deen, a Muslim hip-hop group, adds its voice to the 'My Faith My Voice' grassroots campaign. From left to right are Joshua Salaam, Abdul-Malik Ahmad and Naeem Muhammad.

They’d grown tired of the frenzy swirling around discussions of an Islamic center near ground zero. They were sick of being feared and misunderstood. They didn't want the same talking heads representing them and their beliefs.

So a grassroots campaign called “My Faith My Voice” was born to let everyday Muslims speak for themselves.

Launched online one month ago by young American Muslim professionals in the Washington, D.C., area, the online campaign invites Muslims to upload their own 30-second message to Americans – a public service announcement, of sorts, to help viewers understand who American Muslims really are.

More than 200 PSAs have been uploaded so far, telling stories of what Islam means and what being Muslim means to those who’ve participated.

They include Noor, who wants people to know she’s the daughter of a Vietnam vet, the wife of a former Marine and an American woman who honors her faith by respecting others.

There’s Jay, a DJ and music producer who says he loves all mankind, “unless you’re a Boston Red Sox fan, but that’s just the New Yorker in me talking.”

And there’s Nagla, who wants viewers to know she was not forced into marriage and chooses to wear her headscarf.

Jumping into the discussion this week is Native Deen, a Muslim hip-hop group that released a PSA in the form of a music video entitled “My Faith My Voice.”

See the Native Deen music video PSA here.

“We saw the campaign, and we wanted to do something,” says Abdul-Malik Ahmad, 35, who lives in the Washington, D.C., area and is a web developer for NASA when he isn’t steeped in music.

“We felt that we really needed to come out with something to explain what most, the majority of Muslims in this country and around the world feel about terrorism and how they feel about tolerance and respect for other faiths, respect for humanity and for human life.”

Through the lyrics, Ahmad and the other Native Deen artists - Joshua Salaam and Naeem Muhammad - put forth a message:

Giving you the right facts, we keep repeating that
Islam has been hijacked, we ain’t like that.
Then some lunatic goes on a rampage
Using violence and I’m outraged.
This is senseless, and its gruesome
Please don’t let this be a Muslim.
Aw man, we’re all vilified
They’re saying we are savages, uncivilized.
….
Go use the same steam, for youth to stay clean
Our earth to stay green, we want the same thing.
‘Stead of burning books, extinguish disease
Help spark the flame to help children in need.

Critical to the campaign says Rabiah Ahmed, one of the project’s managers, is to give voice to all sorts of Muslims living in America.

“We want to showcase the reality, the diversity, the immigrant Muslims, those with thick accents, those that don’t have accents,” she says of the volunteer-driven effort. “And we wanted it to be completely grassroots and independent so it didn’t carry with it any of the political baggage.”

- CNN Writer/Producer

Filed under: 'Ground zero mosque' • Islam • Muslim • Technology

1. Moenen

Funny to see all the bugs crawling out of the woodwork in a thread like this.
    Of course, believing in a deity because a book says it exists is as silly as believing in superman because dc comics describe his life.

October 3, 2010 at 12:29 am |
  2. Sun Yat Sen

Oh we got another quacks like Frank – Tokyo Rose.

October 2, 2010 at 3:56 pm |
    • Frank

And who are you? Have you done any research? If not, you would do best to stop throwing around insults and start looking things up. If you buy into the 'Bin Laden' did it lie, you might as well go join the Army and 'be all that you can be' (until you get blown up).
      Oh, and I can't stand Alex Jones, for the record. Nice try, though.

October 2, 2010 at 7:08 pm |
    • Frank

I also love that all 3 of you haven't done a d@mn thing to disprove anything I said. What a waste of time you all are. Go ahead and reply if you want because I won't be reading it. Pearls before swine, after all.

October 2, 2010 at 7:09 pm |
  3. Reality

peace2all,

October 2, 2010 at 10:52 am |
    • peace2all

@Reality

RE: @Frank and his postings.... Yes, I know.... I have been trying to have some kind of rational discussion, with what seems to be an 'irrational' person of faith.. as I believe he has claimed as his religion...."catholicism"

That was one of my points. I was trying to point out the 'credibility' of his so-called 'sources'..... He is totally bypassing the fact that 9/11 is.. what it seems.. religious fundamentalists.... killing people. Period.

He seems to like to say he dislikes me or call me names..... but, i do not harbor any such thoughts towards him .... Just, looking to have mutually inspired debates.

Thanks....Reality... Always appreciate your 'weighing in' as you see it...

Peace...

October 2, 2010 at 3:35 pm |
    • Sun Yat Sen

To all reasonable people. The more you pay attention to Frank the more you waste your time explaining to him. Those people(including non-muslim americans) who buy 9/11 conspiracy theory are fringe group usually from the far right and the far left. Remember Alex Jones is a Paleo-conservative where his political position lies on radical right who supported isolationist position.

October 2, 2010 at 3:52 pm |
    • Frank

"Frank has confessed that he has not even read the entire bible but continues to comment on Christianity and Judaism."

There is a reason why I haven't read the entire Bible yet but I won't get into it here. I have read enough of it to understand what it is talking about as well as many of the writings of the Church Fathers, Saints, the Cathechism, apologists and many others in the Church.

"He also considers Islam to be simply another path therefore he is clueless about the passages in the koran that dictate that Islam is the only path to Allah and that male Muslims should ensure this path by dominating the world by any means."

Those people are fundamentalists, obviously. To smear a whole religion with that is ridiculous. Islam is just another religion that could used for good or bad like anything else.

"And it is also obvious, he believes in every conspiracy story he finds on the web never bothering to see who writes these pieces of drivel and stupidity."

I take you missed the part where I said to be discerning? No, I don't believe everything I hear or read, O, High and Mighty One.

Oh, and peace2all:
      I'm not even going to bother replying to your nonsense seeing as you still obviously haven't read anything I posted.
      And you insulted me first. Don't act like you forgot. You throw around insults like they're confetti. As a matter of fact, you just insulted me again in that post – 'irrational'. I think you should look up the word 'hypocrite' in the dictionary. You should also learn how to type because I'm seriously saying your posts are dreadful to look at.
      As for me, I never said I was a 'nice' person so don't feel too bad or be shocked if the Snake (Chinese Zodiac) inside of me comes out in my posts.
      I'm done with you.

October 2, 2010 at 7:05 pm |
  4. serenity

Native Deen is a great group that spread the message of Allah (GOD). May you be rewarded for all your deeds small and big. Ameen. The messages on this forum about those terrorist should not be in the same category as Muslims because Muslims are of peace. Terrorist don't care what you are they will kill and terrorize everyone including those in their own country. I think those that have so much hate in their hearts for Everyone that are Muslums are not opening their eyes and minds to what is really happening... Those people that consider their selves as Muslims killing in the Name of Allah and taking the text of the Qur'an out of context for their own demise against America has nothing to do with the Religion. That is definitely blinding the world that Muslims are doing this when it's really Misguided hateful people that are doing this that happen to call themselves Muslims. 2 groups the Taliban/Al Queda do NOT represent Islam and Muslims should not be the outcast because of them. It's profiling and racist. I am an African American Muslim. Recently reverted to Islam and I love this religion and the people that represent what Islam is about. I grew up Catholic. I have friends and co-workers that are of all faiths and I work for the Federal Government that support our troops. I love America, I love even those that don't have the correct understanding.

This post and forum is suppose to be about this wonderful group that's spreading a message of peace about Islam. I watched 20/20 and people mentioned about why aren't the Moderate Muslims speaking up, speaking out against it. And once someone does, you have some people that want to throw all the negativity in your face and say they are lying, or I don't believe you... Which one do you want, people to be quiet or speak the truth of how they feel. Listen to us... We are of peace and do NOT want violence...THIS IS MY FAITH, THIS IS MY VOICE.. ARE YOU LISTENING???

October 2, 2010 at 10:38 am |
    • Reality

Serenity,

Actions speak louder than words or songs. Once again:

You say Islam is perfect and the koran inherently condones no sin even though the 24/7, 800 year-old blood feud between Sunnis and Shiites gives significant credence that greed, hate, suicides, as-sas-sinations, maiming, and murder are condoned by the koran. Having multiple wives also gives significant credence to the sins of ra-pe, adultery, lust and polygamy and the condoned treatment of these wives gives credence that the koran allows the sins of hatred, anger and greed. And then there are the daily koranic-driven suicide bombers. See above for a partial list of the acts of terror and horror committed by the followers of Mohammed. October 1, 2010 at 5:30 pm

October 2, 2010 at 11:02 am |
    • Sun Yat Sen

In this century, we're merely only at war with Taliban and Alqaeda. We're also at war with Hamas,Hezbollah and Muslim Brotherhood. Generally speaking we're at war with political Islam and their official Shariah. You can declared this a second cold war as this war is not just against al-qaeda or taliban but political islam which is a virus like nazism and communism spreading across the globe.

October 2, 2010 at 3:30 pm |
    • Ahmed Hosein

you are at war with something every century. war mongering is part of your culture. without it, you would be lost and dis-oriented. today it is shariahism, yesterday it was communism, the year before that it was nazism, you create bogeymen and you fight them with your own weapons of mass destruction. next year it will be chinaism, the year after, some other ism.

October 2, 2010 at 4:39 pm |
    • Sun Yat Sen

Ahmed Hosein

LOL. Look who's talking my dear read surah 9:5 surah, 8:7, surah 8:12, Surah 9:25 surah 3;28 etc, ect. I'll give you more if you want. Yes I have to agree that we human will always be at war because everyone wants their own system of peace.such as you Islamo-Nazi will like to have Islam as an Official State Religion when non-muslim have to accept Mslim superiorty – Is that the type of peace you want where you have more priviledge than us(non-muslim). Communism wans their own system of peace when the world fall under their system so does nazism and fascism before political Islam. The best form of stability and peace is when the whole world fall under one democratic government where liberty, equality and right pursue happiness is in place. Even if the world is under one government police and army is still needed to maintain stability. War and killing happened before civilization is created including the animal kingdom and we human are animals. BTW I'm not an white american boy my dear. I'm an ethnic chinese.

October 2, 2010 at 6:52 pm |
    • Muneef

@Ahmd Hossain.

This time you got it rightly put and very correct I liked it so you think it is going to be Chinesesm? Well guess it is about time they do after all Chinese are mostly ethnics and never really stood at any time with the truth and rights after all the best thing they do is mash university students on the Red Square, or how the treat those peaceful Tabitians or the Muslims of yohan I think they are called? And over all that I have learned that they buy dead babies from hospitals and eat them, they eat human brain,and that staff of after birth, some say even meat of those dogs and cats gathered from the streets.
      Sorry Sun T Sem but you seem to hate us for what God knows but as a religious person of any of the 3 religions we can not agree with what you doing with out any heavenly codes of conduct, already the roamer is spreading that Chinese are the Gog and Magog people who would eat all the Green and the Dry leave no water no trees no creatures nothing and signs every day just appears to what's it is going to be. God forgive me for I said but he left me no Choice but to wake him up to that we are less terrorist than they are.

October 3, 2010 at 5:59 pm |
    • Muneef

@serenity.
      You are a righteous in your comments. But it seems that some which we call Nafic-Alkeer in English the manual air pump blower who blows air to fire to spread ! The question here are all Chinese thinking like this guy well then it is politics of motherland to weaken America by seeding dragen fires of hatred in between the American unity front?!
      So I guess now before we can believe what is being written first we have to know the race of who wrote it or some thing at least we can know who is with and who is against?

October 3, 2010 at 9:24 pm |
  5. Tokyo Rose

Mother of all Conspiracies

Pearl Harbor

October 2, 2010 at 9:07 am |
  6. Reality

As with all Muslims, there is an easy way out for the topic singers:

Five Step Method to Deprogram/"Deflaw" 1400 years of Islamic Myths.

Are you ready?

o Using "The 77 Branches of Islamic "faith" a collection compiled by Imam Bayhaqi as a starting point. In it, he explains the essential virtues that reflect true "faith" (iman) through related Qur’anic verses and Prophetic sayings."

i.e. a nice summary of the Koran and Islamic beliefs/tenets.

"1. Belief in Allah"

aka as God, Yahweh, Zeus, Jehovah, Mother Nature, etc. should be added to your cleansing neurons.

"2. To believe that everything other than Allah was non-existent. Thereafter, Allah Most High created these things and subsequently they came into existence."

Evolution and the Big Bang or the "Gi-b G-nab" (when the universe starts to recycle) are more plausible and the "akas" for Allah should be included if you continue to be a "crea-tionist".

"3. To believe in the existence of angels."

A major item for neuron cleansing. Angels/de-vils are the mythical creations of ancient civilizations, e.g. Hitt-ites, to explain/define natural events, contacts with their gods, big birds, sudden winds, protectors during the dark nights, etc. No "pretty/ug-ly wingy thingies" ever visited or talked to Mohammed, Jesus, Mary or Joseph or Joe Smith. Today we would classify angels as f–airies and "tin–ker be-lls". Modern de-vils are classified as the de-mons of the de-mented.

"4. To believe that all the heavenly books that were sent to the different prophets are true. However, apart from the Quran, all other books are not valid anymore."

Another major item to delete. There are no books written in the spirit state of Heaven (if there is one) just as there are no angels to write/publish/distribute them. The Koran, OT, NT etc. are simply books written by humans for humans.

Prophets were invented by ancient scribes typically to keep the un-educated masses in line. Today we call them for-tune tellers.

Prophecies are also invali-dated by the natural/God/Allah gifts of Free Will and Future.

"5. To believe that all the prophets are true. However, we are commanded to follow the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) alone."

Mohammed spent thirty days "fasting" (the Ramadan legend) in a hot cave attended to by his wives before his first contact with Allah aka God etc. via a "pretty wingy thingy". Common sense demands a neuron deletion of #5. #5 is also the major source of Islamic vi-olence i.e. turning Mohammed's "fast, hunger-driven" hallu-cinations into horrible reality for unbelievers.

Accept these five "cleansers" and we guarantee a complete recovery from your Islamic ways!!!!

Analogous Methods are available for Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus and Pagans.

October 2, 2010 at 8:04 am |
  7. peace2all

@Frank

O.K.. I have no doubt that the NSA and other branches of our wonderful government intercept communications.. So what, let them....

How exactly was I funny...? I wasn't trying to be... I was and still am (sincerely curious) as to your wild claims without proof.

Hey Frank, I was just challenging YOUR assertions, ... asking for 'any credible' evidence to support your claims that the United States Government, or some 'rogue' branch within somehow was behind 9/11.

And yes, I certainly know about search engines... and have enough sense as to what data to pay attention to, and what data is pure fictional conspiracy theory scare tactics.

Yes... I get it... You are right.... This certainly isn't a 'joke.'

Good luck Frank..!

Peace...

October 2, 2010 at 5:13 am |
    • Frank

"You said....."Oh, you're funny. And the funniest part is that the NSA actually does intercept communications."

How exactly was I funny...? I wasn't trying to be... "

Wasn't replying to you, obviously.

"Frank, i was just trying to assess your credibility since YOU were the one actually blaming our United States Government..(i.e... CiA...? NSA..?)

Again... YOU made the absolute claim... not me... If you have no evidence then should the CIA or NSA be investigating you, for making such non-sense claims. Without any evidence, you become just another (conspiracy theorist)."

I provided a whole archive of writings and research, as well as a site recording the salient points of many different individuals across many different sectors on the subject. Not my fault if you didn't bother to look at it.

What are the Feds going to 'investigate' me for? Using my First Amendment rights and posting quite easily available information on the comment section of a blog? I suppose you would support that, right? If so, millions of people would have to be 'investigated'. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

"***Your second post... I see you tried to 'back peddle' a bit on your statement about blaming our U.S Government of the 9/11 attacks.

You tried to put a 'spin' on it, but really.... You didn't change the 'content' of your assertion... that our Government...or some 'black ops' people or programs did it."

Not 'back peddling' or 'spin', just clarifying. Maybe people do say 'the government did it' as in 'Bush did it' and that's not quite right.

"And yes, I certainly know about search engines..."

Then use them.

"and have enough sense as to what data to pay attention to, and what data is pure fictional conspiracy theory scare tactics."

I.e. the 9/11 Commission Report. If I'm scaring you, that's not my objective nor my problem.

"Good luck Frank..!"

Don't worry about me. It's this world that needs luck. Oh, it also needs people to start caring about things that actually matter.

"Peace..."

Maybe. If you stop with all the unnecessary ellipses.

October 2, 2010 at 5:31 am |
    • peace2all

@Frank

That's it... So, you do 'really' believe that the United States Government is behind the 9/11 attacks. O.K.... You have your right as you say to believe.

But, I guess the conversation stops here.

But, I have no quarrel with you Frank, and have no need to attack you.....

Peace...

October 2, 2010 at 5:45 am |
    • Frank

"You offered 'opinion' on your links, but no 'absolute proof.' It just seems rather odd to me that you would blame our own government without 'any' proof...?"

I'm guessing you didn't even look at it. Not my problem.

"But, I guess the conversation stops here."

Whatever.

"Interesting..... You still seem to like to find a way to personally attack someone... whether it is staking some kind of a claim as if I don't use search engines... again, unwarranted... to my moniker... to my use of the ellipse... which is just a personal style."

Not a personal attack. It just makes your posts hard to read and follow.

As for the search engine thing: I'm just saying that all of this stuff is easily available on hundreds, even thousands, of websites from around the world. I didn't realize that there still exists people who think that no one disagreed with the 'official story of 9/11'. My bad, I suppose.

"Again, I find people tend to use superfluous attacks when there is no 'real' evidence or 'credibility' to either themselves or their postings..."

Such as 'evangelical fundamentalist christian' to whomever disagrees, no matter how wildly off the charts that assumption is? Oh, I kid, I kid. Through the looking glass, as it were.

"But, I have no quarrel with you Frank, and have no need to attack you....."

Uh huh.

"Peace..."

But what comes after?

October 2, 2010 at 5:53 am |
  8. Ml28

JazakAllah Khier NAtive Deen I love your work- you were introduced to me when I was a new Revert. I am grateful for you all and may Allah reward you all.....

October 2, 2010 at 5:07 am |
  9. Frank

Oh, good grief. You don't know anything about the '9/11 Truth' movement? Do you just read what the mass media (sanctioned by the government) puts out? Do you ever look into other viewpoints?

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_sociopol_911.htm (Huge library of infomation on almost any topic that the media doesn't discuss – from the strange to the even stranger.)

That first site is more than enough to get you started. I don't own this computer so I can't just go everywhere on the Web. Have fun and learn to think for yourself.

October 2, 2010 at 4:33 am |
    • Frank

That was for 'peace2you'. I don't know why it ended up there.

October 2, 2010 at 4:34 am |
    • peace2all

@Frank

Yep... sometimes the blog god's(or possibly the CIA/NSA having some fun with us...?) move our post's around and they don't end up where they should be...

Thanks for the 'link".... and yes, i do quite well thinking and researching on my own...

P..S.... You will find my response to your 2 posts from the bottom i think a few below this one...

Peace...

October 2, 2010 at 5:17 am |
    • Sun Yat Sen

To retards who believe in Alex jones, Charlie Sheen, Rosie O'donell and 911 Truth Movement. Please show me the prove of the missile shells that hit the pentagon. Please show me the prove there's molten iron, thermites or explosive that was plant in WTC. If you can't find any tangible prove you can keep on babbling with idiocy while i got something better to read. And if you idiots still question as to why building collapse pls go to:

9/11 Debunked: WTC 7's Collapse Explained

As for 9/11 TRUTH MOVEMENT – It makes me yawn. The Same old B.S.

October 2, 2010 at 3:43 pm |
    • Sun Yat Sen

here's the youtube video that explained why building 7 collapse.

October 2, 2010 at 3:44 pm |
  10. bigotRus

@Muneef

You seem to be a proud Muslim and must be applauded for your effort. Like Enduring_Freedom I am interested only in serious exchanges without resorting to insult and inflame the situation further.

You said and I quote: [what ever happening now must hold a cause since no body will kill him self Shouting Allah Wa Akbar for nothing for no cause, would they?]

Whatever their cause is do you think it is justified? I refer to the killing of innocents.

October 2, 2010 at 3:28 am |
  11. Tamoor

Wo..ho..so as if you have mentioned the number of people killed in wars imposed by muslims(the so called terrorists)
    Can you please how much were killed in both the world wars imposed by so called peaceful christians and jews

October 2, 2010 at 2:32 am |
    • bigotRus

@Tamoor,
      Why not check your history before making your statement? Just a quick help for you to understand, those involved in the 1st and 2nd WW might be Christians/Jews but they did not fight in the name of their religion and God, where as Muslims most invariably do, that is the big difference.

I welcome you to debate this point should you feel incline to do so.

October 2, 2010 at 3:36 am |
  12. Frank

Awesome. More Muslims need to speak out peacefully about the why they're being slandered in the media. Art is a great why to do it.

October 2, 2010 at 2:06 am |
  13. Reality

Some added lyrical suggestions for the topic group:

O Islam, Islam, violent Islam,
    Moha, illiterate and hallucinating,
    O Islam, Islam, violent Islam,
    Moha greed and lustful, womanizing,
    Was he too,

O Islam, O Islam, violent Islam,
    Moha, warmongering and hateful,
    Was he too,

O Islam, O Islam, violent Islam,
    Sunnis of hate, Shiites of late,
    Even Pretty Wingie Thingies cannot
    Save us from O Islam's hate.

Save us from these Islamic FEMs,
    Flaws, Errors, Muck and stench,
    They ooze from the rocks of earth,
    Like worms of death and wrench.

Born, Bred, and Brainwashed too,
    Whatever, whatever to do?
    Truth, Truth, History and Truth,
    Let it Ring True, Freedom, Freedom
    Freedom at Last and much left to do!!!

October 1, 2010 at 11:38 pm |
  14. Iqbal khan

October 1, 2010 at 8:19 pm |
  15. Reality

Our War on Terror, Horror and Aggression:

An update (or how we are spending or how we have spent the USA taxpayers’ money to eliminate global terror and aggression)

-Operation Iraqi Freedom- The 24/7 Sunni-Shiite centuries-old blood feud currently being carried out in Iraq, US Troops killed in action, 3,481 and 924 died in non-combat, 97,172 – 106,047 Iraqi civilians killed as of 8/10/2010 mostly due the Shiite and Sunni suicide bombers.

– Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan: US troops 1,116 killed in action, 902 killed in non-combat situations as of 08/10/2010. Over 40,000 Afghan civilians killed due to the dark-age, koranic-driven Taliban acts of horror,

– Sa-dd-am, his sons and major he-nchmen have been deleted. Sa-dd-am's bravado about WMD was one of his major mistakes. Kuwait was saved.

– Iran is being been contained. (beside containing the Sunni-Shiite civil war in Baghdad, that is the main reason we are in Iraq. And yes, essential oil continues to flow from the region.)

– Libya has become almost civil. Recently Libya agreed to pay $1.5 billion to the victims of their terrorist activities. Apparently this new reality from an Islamic country has upset OBL and his “cra-zies” as they have thre-atened Libya. OBL sure is a di-sgrace to the world especially the Moslem world!!! Or is he???

– North Korea is still u-ncivil but is contained.

– Northern Ireland is finally at peace.

– The Jews and Palestinians are being separated by walls. Hopefully the walls will follow the 1948 UN accords. Unfortunately the Annapolis Peace Conference was not successful. And unfortunately the recent events in Gaza has put this situation back to “squ-are one”. And this significant stupidity is driven by the mythical foundations of both religions!!!

– Bin La-d-en has been cornered under a rock in Western Pakistan since 9/11.

– Fa-na–tical Islam has basically been contained to the Middle East but a wall between India and Pakistan would be a plus for world peace. Ditto for a wall between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

– Timothy McVeigh was exe-cuted. Terry Nichols will follow soon.

– Eric Ru-dolph is spending three life terms in pri-son with no par-ole.

– Jim Jones, David Koresh, Kaczynski, the "nuns" from Rwanda, and the KKK were all dealt with and either eliminated themselves or are being punished.

– Islamic Sudan, Dar-fur and So-malia are still terror hot spots.

– The terror and tor-ture of Muslims in Bosnia, Kosovo and Kuwait were ended by the proper application of the military forces of the USA and her freedom-loving friends. Ra-dovan Karadzic was finally captured on 7/23/08 and is charged with genocide, crimes against humanity and violations of the law of war – charges related to the 1992-1995 civil war that followed Bosnia-Herzegovina's secession from Yugoslavia.

– And of course the bloody terror brought about by the Ja-panese, Na-zis and Co-mmunists was with great difficulty eliminated by the good guys

October 1, 2010 at 5:32 pm |
    • Frank

"Bin La-d-en has been cornered under a rock in Western Pakistan since 9/11."

Bin Laden is either dead or 'disappeared'. When it's convenient 'for the cause', they may wheel him out. Or a look-a-like, most probably. Bin Laden was owned and created by the CIA. Anyone in Pakistan can tell you that.

"Timothy McVeigh was exe-cuted. Terry Nichols will follow soon."

Timmy McVeigh was another patsy that was convenient to blame. He wasn't even completely influenced by religion so I don't know why he's on your little list.

"Jim Jones, David Koresh, Kaczynski, the "nuns" from Rwanda, and the KKK were all dealt with and either eliminated themselves or are being punished. "

Jim Jones probably worked for the CIA. Jonestown was most likely a psychological experiment.

Waco was an illegal atrocity.

The KKK were always owned by the elite. The only difference is that now they think they're 'fighting the system' when they've always been owned by the 'system'. Oopsies on their part.

I don't know much about the other examples, so I can't comment. Probably much along the same lines as the others.

"And of course the bloody terror brought about by the Ja-panese, Na-zis and Co-mmunists was with great difficulty eliminated by the good guys"

They were all funded by the same people. Divide and conquer. Same face, different mask. *puts on a white lab coat* Sieg Heil?

Oh, and about the current 'war on terror' (war of terrorism): depleted uranium weapons, over 1 million Iraqi and Afghani civilians killed, rampant r@pes, whole families being wiped out, destruction of the infrastructure, black technology being used as weaponry ('ray gun' sort of stuff), daisy cutters, etc.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, look it up yourself and do the reasearch.

Reality drunk the purple Kool-Aid. Tasty!

October 2, 2010 at 3:55 am |
  16. Reality

More about the real Islam using some examples (for new commentators only):

1a) 179 killed in Mumbai/Bombay, 290 injured

1b) Assassination of Benazir Bhutto and Theo Van Gogh

2) 9/11, 3000 mostly US citizens, 1000’s injured

3) The 24/7 Sunni-Shiite centuries-old blood feud currently being carried out in Iraq, US Troops killed in action, 3,481 and 924 died in non-combat, 97,172 – 106,047 Iraqi civilians killed, http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ and
    defenselink.mil/news/casualty.pdf

4) Kenya- In Nairobi, about 212 people were killed and an estimated 4000 injured; in Dar es Salaam, the attack killed at least 11 and wounded 85.[2]

5) Bali-in 2002-killing 202 people, 164 of whom were foreign nationals, and 38 Indonesian citizens. A further 209 people were injured.

6) Bali in 2005- Twenty people were killed, and 129 people were injured by three bombers who killed themselves in the attacks.

7) Spain in 2004- killing 191 people and wounding 2,050.

8. UK in 2005- The bombings killed 52 commuters and the four radical Islamic suicide bombers, injured 700.

9) The execution of an eloping couple in Afghanistan on 04/15/2009 by the Taliban.

10) – Afghanistan: US troops 1,116 killed in action, 902 killed in non-combat situations as of 08/10/2010. Over 40,000 Afghan civilians killed due to the dark-age, koranic-driven Taliban acts of horror

11) The killing of 13 citizen soldiers at Ft. Hood by a follower of the koran.

12) 38 Russian citizens killed on March 29, 2010 by Muslim women suicide bombers.

13) The May 28, 2010 attack on a Islamic religious minority in Pakistan, which have left 98 dead,

14) Lockerbie is known internationally as the site where, on 21 December 1988, the wreckage of Pan Am Flight 103 crashed as a result of a terrorist bomb. In the United Kingdom the event is referred to as the Lockerbie disaster, the Lockerbie bombing, or simply Lockerbie. Eleven townspeople were killed in Sherwood Crescent, where the plane's wings and fuel tanks plummeted in a fiery explosion, destroying several houses and leaving a huge crater, with debris causing damage to a number of buildings nearby. The 270 fatalities (259 on the plane, 11 in Lockerbie) were citizens of 21 nations.

15) Followed by the daily suicide and/or roadside and/or mosque bombings every day in the terror world of Islam

October 1, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  17. Reality

More about the real Islam:

Mohammed could not have known the size of the world, but several passages in the Koran show that he envisioned Islam dominating all of it, however large it might be: “He it is who sent his messenger . . . that he may cause it [Islam] to prevail over all religions´(Koran 9:33, M.M. Ali; see also 48:28 and 61:9). M.M. Ali designates these three passages as “the prophecy of the ultimate triumph of Islam in the whole world.”

Mohammed’s successors, the caliphs, quoted passages like these to inspire Muslim armies as they advanced out of Arabia, imposing Islam by the sword upon a peacefully unsuspecting Middle East and North Africa, as I described in the previous chapter.

Islamic armies, imbued with what Mohammed claimed was divine authorization, imposed Islam by force over vast areas, all the while extorting wealth from subjugated Jews and Christians to fund their ongoing conquests. As I noted, major defeats at Tours, France, in A.D. 732, and again at Vienna, Austria, in A.D. 1683, halted Islam’s attempt to take all of Europe by force. Gradually Islamic forces were forced to retreat from Europe, except for part of the Balkans. But Islam has again set its sights on a conquest of Europe and of European civilization, wherever the latter has spread to North and South America and other regions. Muslim strategists ask their followers, Why do we find in these modern times that Allah has entrusted most of the world’s oil wealth primarily to Muslim nations?

Their answer: Allah foresaw Islam’s need for funds to finance a final politico-religious victory over what Islam perceives as its ultimate enemy: Christianized Euro-American civilization. So, Islam follows Nazism, fascism and communism as the world’s latest hostile takeover aspirant.

Nazis, fascists and communists failed. Does Islam have a better chance at success? I believe it will flounder if we awaken to its threat in time; yet, if there is not adequate planned resistance, Islam does have a better chance of succeeding. Communism’s world takeover attempt was guaranteed to fail because its economic policy was naively contrary to human nature. Advocating the rubric What is mine is thine, and what is thine is mine, communism failed to see that human nature will not keep those two balanced propositions in equilibrium. Like a female black widow spider consuming her mate, the latter part of the formula makes a meal of the former, leading to the collapse of any system based upon that formula.

In contrast, political systems do well if they can persuade people to adhere to What’s mine is mine and What’s thine is thine maxims.

Only if a strong religious incentive is added does such an idealistic formula have any long-term chance. Even then success will be spotty. But communism (and Nazism, for that matter) excluded religion. And that mistake was the final nail eventually clamping a lid on communism’s coffin. Communism, on a historical scale, perished while still in its childhood.

Islam is not repeating communism’s mistake. Mating political cunning and incredible wealth with religious zeal, Islam does have a chance to succeed and will succeed unless major parts of the Western world unite to take appropriate countermeasures. But many Western leaders, unable to believe that a mere religion could possible be a serious political threat, keep proclaiming themselves as Islam-friendly, reasoning that all religions are good-aren’t they?

A Muslim strategist in Beverly Hills, California, declared several years ago, as quoted by a friend of mine: “Now that the struggle between Western democracies and international communism is winding down, it is time for the real and final struggle to begin, and we are going to win!”

When will people realize that just as there are good doctors and quacks, good cops and rogue cops, there can also be good religions and bad religions?

October 1, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
    • Enduring_Freedom

Wow – indepth analysis of the current challenge. Cannot wait for ragheads to make moronic replies instead of counter-arguments

October 1, 2010 at 11:33 pm |
    • Muneef

Read of better things to be said:

October 1, 2010 at 11:44 pm |
  18. Muneef

Wise words.

October 1, 2010 at 5:15 pm |
    • Mustafa

Shukan Jazakullah. Thank you, may Allah reward you (with good). This is a person and people like her should be on every media program, not the insane and rabid creatures.

October 2, 2010 at 11:51 am |
  19. Reality's Dad

Please excuse my son, he was born from the anus...

October 1, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
    • Ahmad Hosein

that does not make what you did any less revolting.
      next time please co-habit with a human female instead of a tuna fish.

October 1, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
    • Reality's Grandfather

Ever since Reality's Dad became Muslim, he has an anal fixation like the pedo prophet. We banished him and he co-habitated with a goat in the desert.

October 1, 2010 at 11:31 pm |
    • Ahmed Hosein

ana l fixation is primarily a christian phenomenon. visit california for the mecca of ana lism. ana l fixation it is prohibited in Islam. and like other prohibitions such as alcohol and hook ers, most muslims just get on with life just fine without it.

October 2, 2010 at 4:36 pm |
  20. Ml28

Actually to Reality- Have u actually read the Quran in its entirety? Have u visited a Mosque and spoken with the Imam? You should probably stop watching the news so much and really do your research... No where in the Quran does it say to kill innocent civillians- Actually it states that if you kill ONE 1 innocent civillian it is as if u killed the whole world in the sight of God... And even if someone who translated our book wrongly commited these heinous acts- why should ALL Muslims be put on trial for this???? Should we put ALL Catholics on trial for the molestation of children???? Do your research before coming to conclusions... I can only hope that you and others just like you will open up enough before your time comes and seek the truth.......

October 1, 2010 at 4:07 pm |
    • dr.passant

nice words gzakom ALLAH khairan

October 1, 2010 at 4:38 pm |
    • Sun Yat Sen

They are Muslims and people here who claimed who knows better about Islam than others. It seems to me what most Muslim and pro-islamic pawns fail to realize that the Quran itself is written with contradiction. Take for example surah 2:256 stated that "Let there be no compulsion in religion means that we do not compel anyone to come into our religion. And this is truly our practice. But we initially warn whoever would come and go back that this door is not open to come and go. Therefore anyone who comes should decide before coming that there is no going back", (which muslim always used to defend their faith). However Surah 4:88 stated Why should ye be divided into two parties about the Hypocrites? Allah hath upset them for their (evil) deeds. Would ye guide those whom Allah hath thrown out of the Way? For those whom Allah hath thrown out of the Way, never shalt thou find the Way and Surah 4:89 stated "Whosoever turns back from his belief (irtada), openly or secretly, take him and kill him wheresoever ye find him, like any other infidel" – this is where quran supports death penalty and other form of persecution for apostasy.

For those(muslim and non-muslim) who tried to defend Islam in western countries, they'll try to find lame excuses and reason to state that you may have misintepreted the quran and your lack of understanding of Islam just for the sake of sugarcoating their faith. And they forgot to look at themselves(Muslims) in the mirror as to why the Muslim world were constantly at war with one another owing to their own cliques or group that intepret Islam in their own perspective which lead 'fitna".If Muslim and their scholars understand Islam more than anyone else, there should have one school of thought. Instead, there's Hanbali, Hanafi, Shafi, Maliki, Wahabi, salafi etc,etc including Shia. Do majority of muslim think their Ummah really understand Islam more than those(especially scholars) who oppose it?

Is sad to say the fact that, the majority muslim(not all) are the victim of their cultural brainwashing. While most muslim fall within their conservative school of thought, they're some rational muslim groups such as Muslim against Shariah, reform muslim and ahmadiyya muslim that are struggling to fight for separation of religion and state, democracy and moderation in the islamic world and hope these moderate moderate muslim voice will become force to be reckon with in the muslim world. Do not confuse moderate muslim with a group like CAIR, ISNA, ICNA or MPAC.

October 2, 2010 at 3:20 pm |
    • Muneef

@ Sun Yat Sen. Seen your comments It was right about the first one there is no compelling to become Muslim but we are required to remind as on sura 51:55 and Sura 88:22.
      But as to the other two verses they were landed pointing out the tribes that were living in Mecca and there were those of the Jews and the Pagan's who were conspiring against Islam and Muslims there and then and won't give it up no matter what you do to accept the fact of Islam existence than no chice but to be in war with them and kill them but those who have agreements with and do not want to fight and want peace then those we are not to fight them.
      Well now this is what my understanding is of the verses but if some one has a higher knowledge of it I would be pleased to know of and learn. And thank you Sun Y.Sen for reading the Quran if you did because this only shows how serious you are in finding the truth therefore please carry on reading and asking. It doesn't matter if we are as Muslims not as perfect as Quran but I know that serious converts will be even better than us because they worked out and earned the knowledge and has not come to them as inheritance.

October 3, 2010 at 3:42 pm |