home
RSS
October 13th, 2010

South Carolina mosque defaced with bacon

From CNN South Carolina affiliate WMBF:

A national Muslim civil rights and advocacy group is calling on the FBI to investigate a message written in bacon at mosque in Florence.

Three chair members of the Islamic Center in Florence discovered the words "pig" and "chump" written in strips of bacon on the walkway along the mosque Sunday afternoon.

Read the full story

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Food • Islam • South Carolina • United States

1. Rob

Using bacon to send a message of hate makes me angry, and gives me a hankering for a BLT......

October 14, 2010 at 4:30 pm |
  2. jerseydweller

im catholic and my good friend is muslim and i liker her very much
    people in the south are so naive and should to become more accepting this actually goes to everyone
    STOP HATING

October 14, 2010 at 4:28 pm |
    • TexPride

"People in the South....blah blah blah."
      You think we should be more tolerant and understanding. You mean, like you? Hey look, I can do it to: People in the North are so full of themselves and should learn to not rely on the government to fix everything and should get a job!
      Tolerance. Ahhhh. Tolerating things we hate, because that leads to happiness.

October 14, 2010 at 4:46 pm |
  3. Joe schmoe

What a waste of bacon. So sad.

October 14, 2010 at 4:26 pm |
  4. rkt210

If it was turkey bacon, does it still count as intimidation?

October 14, 2010 at 4:25 pm |
    • CSE

Turkey bacon would certainly have been appropriate. Funny how the Muslims plead for tolerance, but seem to show none. A hose and water would have fixed this just fine, but no they need it to be a "hate" crime.

October 14, 2010 at 4:52 pm |
    • SueH

Is it not similar to spraypainting a temple with "jews go home" or something like that? It is surely a stupid and hateful insult, if not a full fledged hate crime. What if someone were to use condoms to write out something in front of a Catholic church. Would that not be considered insulting?

October 19, 2010 at 2:11 pm |
  5. SirReal

I dare ANY Arab out there to confront me on this: which is filthier, eating a pig OR, wiping your ass with your bare hand an then rinsing (yeah, right) off the fecal matter in a dirty bowl of water that rarely gets changed? Come on, step up and answer this, I dare you...

October 14, 2010 at 4:24 pm |
    • oye'va

idiot!

October 14, 2010 at 4:26 pm |
    • delivered sauce

thats the best question ever and these dirty towel heads need to answer it

October 14, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  6. oye'va

I honestly think that blogs like this are for losers who think their stand up comedians or who MAY BE stand up comedians...clever but how long is that gonna bring home the bacon! Oh no SHE didn't... 🙂

October 14, 2010 at 4:24 pm |
  7. bill

what a waste of bacon!

October 14, 2010 at 4:24 pm |
  8. j

yeah... the FBI is going to investigate Bacon......hahahhahahahahahahahaaa.. Silliness.

October 14, 2010 at 4:22 pm |
  9. jerseydweller

im catholc and my good friend is muslim n i like her very much :]
    ppl in the south have to stop being so naive and start being accepting of others

October 14, 2010 at 4:20 pm |
  10. SirReal

This is laughable. This Mosque wants to use the police to confront and
    control someone's 1st amendment right to free expression? How come no
    writers (yourself included) have considered this? Since when is bacon
    considered threatening? Maybe to your arteries, but not to anyone inside
    a building. Oh wait, its possible they could slip on slimy bacon and hurt
    themselves on the steps of their Mosque. Sure, we all know they think
    pigs are unclean, but then, so it wiping your ass with your hand without
    using toilet paper. Yes, they really do that. Try shaking an Arab's hand
    with your left hand and see where that gets you.

Bacon on the outside of a building is no more threatening that the
    overwhelming opinions of MOST Americans to halt the progress of a
    Mosque anywhere NEAR ground zero in Manhattan.

Do we write stories of people leaving spray painted anarchy signs or
    upside down 5 pointed stars on the steps of churches in America? Heck no,
    because these expressions are not threatening. The Arabs need to get over
    themselves. Further, they should be checking their own aggression at the
    door when it comes to hurting others.

October 14, 2010 at 4:20 pm |
    • SueH

They're building a community center with prayer rooms for Christians, Jews and Muslims I believe - Not a Mosque. That's the stupid and hateful people using lies to whip up emotion. Lots of American Muslims died in 9-11. I think a community center for Americans of all backgrounds to come together to pray or recreate is a wonderful idea. It should be closer to ground zero. After what we all saw and felt that day, something like this community center is the healing element we need. We don't need more hate and stupidy.

October 19, 2010 at 2:15 pm |
  11. rubicon

That is highly insensitive. It's as insensitive as building a mosque next to the World Trade Center memorial.

October 14, 2010 at 4:19 pm |
  12. Robert D

This is something that I just can't seem to understand. There are so many groups out there that are constantly getting ridiculed and oppressed but it is the muslims that are the only ones who seem to be allowed to react without consequence. Why is it that when Catholics are ridiculed for the inappropriate behavior of some of the leaders no one goes out on a rampage threatening the lives of innocent people.

You only ever hear about the muslims and all the so-called oppression that is being put on them. Well, think about it. All the bad press they get is rather well deserved. Was it not muslims who flew the planes into the Word Trade Center? Was it not muslims who are constantly blowing themselves up in attempts to kill 'infidels'?

When will anyone take action against these wack-o's? The muslims need to get thicker skin. They need to realize that in a civilized world violence is not tolerated.

October 14, 2010 at 4:17 pm |
  13. tracy

Timothy McVeigh did not do what he did in the name of his Christiananity – i get so sick of that comparison. He didn't go around calling for Christians to KILL non-Christians. His terrorist crap didn't have anything to do with religon. The 911 terrorist "just happened to be Muslim" THEY KILLED IN THE NAME OF ISLAM.

October 14, 2010 at 4:16 pm |
  14. GingerLawrence

I thought America was created based on freedom from religious persecution.

October 14, 2010 at 4:16 pm |
    • Thorrsman

From the government.

October 14, 2010 at 6:04 pm |
  15. Christian890

Gee, I wonder what is worse? Putting bacon words on a side walk or murdering innocent people?

October 14, 2010 at 4:14 pm |
  16. Bourne Blogger

I wish my biggest problem was that people wrote messages in bacon in front of my home.... A few free breakfasts would be a welcome break to my wallet...

October 14, 2010 at 4:11 pm |
  17. Bob B.

Shame on the whoever did this, wasting all that good bacon! I love me some Smoked Meat!

October 14, 2010 at 4:10 pm |
  18. ROCKWOOD

stupid

October 14, 2010 at 4:07 pm |
  19. fireybuddha

man, y'all have some real winners down there in south carolina. shoo-ee!

October 14, 2010 at 4:06 pm |
  20. TRU-TEA-BAGGER

Well, I left NJ to get away from the Muslims and the nonsense there after 9/11 and move to SC, now I have to deal with these Muslims here ! I'm going to a country where NO Muslims live and then they will follow me, I'll come back and hopefull we can LOCK OUR BOARDERS and NOT allow them ! Osama, I mean Obama will not be in office by then and all will safe from the Muslim world in NJ and SC ! Prob-solved ! LMAO

October 14, 2010 at 4:05 pm |
    • Teddy T

LMAO at your spelling. BOARDERS? Jeez, I'm a Muslim and I have better spelling than you. Maybe we should deport you

October 14, 2010 at 4:15 pm |