home
RSS
October 24th, 2010

Satanists' event in Oklahoma draws Christian protest

[cnn-video url= http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/10/23/pkg.satanist.event.koco%5D

CNN affiliate KOCO reports on a Christian protest outside a Satanist group's event in downtown Oklahoma City (backstory here) :

In downtown Oklahoma City, Satanists held a Ritual in public at the Civic Center.

The ritual began at 8 p.m. Thursday and drew plenty of controversy.

Before making it inside where the Satanists were practicing their religion, prayers were heard outside by groups opposing the ritual.

Chiquita Carbajal said she is against the ritual.

“No place for Satan in Oklahoma,” she said.

Read the full story

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Oklahoma • Satanism • United States

1. matt

Yay, tickets for sale too! There's always a buck to be made from fools. Ask the televangelist addicts and they will tell you.

October 25, 2010 at 3:29 am |
  2. george in texas

satan god and christian-muslim god are same.
    missionaries – who are mostly an insecure, unstable lot – love to run down other faiths because
    a. they feel scared they will lose some of their flocks.
    b. they feel they will not be able to defend their actions.

October 25, 2010 at 3:18 am |
    • WindingRoad

george in texas

satan god and christian-muslim god are same.
      a. they feel scared they will lose some of their flocks.
      b. they feel they will not be able to defend their actions

To that I say...

A house divided against itself, will not stand!

You need to get a clue. It amazes me how you can speak of so much knowledge, when your very post is flawed by your first sentence!
      Good and evil are two different things, so how can they be one? Never mind, I am sure it will be another doozy of an answer.

October 26, 2010 at 8:40 am |
  3. Frank

This is for everyone who says that in this instance it's just Satanist who don't believe in a literal Satan:

"According to the posting, "This is a church for any Satanist (modern or traditional) or anyone who is interested in Satanism. All members of the Left-Hand Path are welcome. Do (sic) to the nature of our religion and the herd's view of it, this site will remain private as to protect our members. For now, this church is for all things LHP. So, welcome witches and warlocks, answer the call of your Darkness.""

"Traditional" means Theistic Satanism. They're the ones who worship Satan as a literal being.

Also, I find it funny that this happened right in time for Halloween.

October 25, 2010 at 2:26 am |
  4. sockpuppet

here we go again.....anytime there is a piece on religion, the atheists come out in droves to mock and disdain. WHY WHY WHY are you here and why do you care? If you don't believe in it, why do you have to click on every religious story and go running to the comment section to mouth off about it? Just who are you trying to convince? The lady doth protest too much, methinks. yeah, that's right, I'm calling you all ladies

October 25, 2010 at 2:22 am |
  5. Jason Hainline

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

October 25, 2010 at 2:18 am |
  6. sean

Now that we almost have some G~d like technology we'd better have G~dlike insurance.

October 25, 2010 at 2:02 am |
  7. sean

Believing in God after reading the bible is like believing in Ted Turner after reading CNN articles. 😉

October 25, 2010 at 1:58 am |
  8. sean

I have to pick up my daily "cross" and fight this nothingness shadow "beast" of a slivery in my eye.

October 25, 2010 at 1:56 am |
  9. PM

Funny how I've heard about Christians going off on holy wars or sending missionaries to foreign countries where they frequently exploited / infected the natives, but I've never heard about a Satanist doing anything like that....

October 25, 2010 at 1:34 am |
  10. brad

people people let us come togeter on the most important fact on this video....that shaggy from scooby doo is a alive and well and appently is a satanist now...must of ran out of the bud :B

October 25, 2010 at 1:20 am |
  11. News_Wire

Satan RULES !!

October 25, 2010 at 1:17 am |
  12. Michelle

When is the last time you heard about a satanic priest molesting a child? Or a satanist driving a plane into a building and killing thousands of people? Or satanists driving tanks into Palestine and shooting schoolchildren? I'm thinking, given the choice, I'd be safer with a devil worshipper. Just don't get all bent out of shape when the guy next to you worships an invisible guy in red pjs instead of an invisible white guy with a beard. Life is too short.

October 25, 2010 at 1:12 am |
    • Frank

Um...Michelle? Have you ever heard of Satanic Ritual Abuse (although this is a difficult topic), the Hand of Death cult, the Order of Nine Angels, the Process Church and all of it's splinter groups, Nico Claux, Otis O'Toole, David Berkowitz, Richard Ramirez (although he's kind of an idiot as far as devil worshippers go), Daniel and Manuela Ruda, the Norweigian Black Metal scene of the early '90s, the teenage girl and her devil worshipping friends who murdered a family in the '90 (I forgot her name. I think it was Christine such and such), Michael Aquino, Latino drug runners who call upon demons to give them an advantage over the compet!tion, David Harker, etc.
      True Vampires by Sondra London is a great place to start when it comes to this subject. It is published by Feral House, which, funnily enough, the publishing company started by the Church of Satan.

October 25, 2010 at 1:31 am |
    • Michelle

Yes, I have heard of those things, but I've also read that nearly all of it has been debunked as conspiracy theory and/or psychosis parading as satan worship. I stick by what I said. Show me thousands of people killed, or children molested or killed by satanists. I'm not talking about an isolated event here and there. If you made a similar list of atrocities committed by "religious" people and groups, it would run from here to the moon and back.

October 25, 2010 at 1:56 am |
    • Frank

"Yes, I have heard of those things, but I've also read that nearly all of it has been debunked as conspiracy theory and/or psychosis parading as satan worship."

Ah, so when a Satanist commits an atrocity, it is mental illness, but when a 'Christian' does it, they are merely following their religion (ignoring the socio-political factors at work in those things)? Double standard, I say.

October 25, 2010 at 2:01 am |
    • Frank

I still recommend that you took a look at the 'True Vampires' book. It's a great reference on occult murder.

October 25, 2010 at 2:19 am |
  13. Hector

As a person who believes in one god, no religion, I do not like either of sides, I think the satanists have a right to do what they do as long as it is legal, and same with the Christians, I hope none of these activities lead to violence.

October 25, 2010 at 12:59 am |
  14. Shawn

It's too bad there is no God.......what a waste of time.

October 25, 2010 at 12:36 am |
  15. VegasRage

That is hilarious.

October 25, 2010 at 12:35 am |
  16. Dave

Since you're interested Ryan, Satan is mentioned in the bible a lot. Zechariah 3:1 Matthew 4:10 Matthew 12:26 Mark 1:13 Luke 4:8........ Way to go lovecraft you found a spelling error yaaaaayyyy, you're a genius.

October 25, 2010 at 12:34 am |
  17. TRNG

There Are No gods.

October 25, 2010 at 12:17 am |
  18. TRNG

There Are No gods.

October 25, 2010 at 12:17 am |
  19. Ryan

I believe what I believe and these "Satanists" believe what they believe. It is not my place to judge them. It is not my place to tell them what to believe. It is not my place to tell them what is right or what is wrong. I think these people who are protesting are wrong and do not represent people of true faith.

October 25, 2010 at 12:12 am |
  20. Brenton389

October 25, 2010 at 12:09 am |
    • skytech5

yea tell them who to worship, or Ior you will be eternal torment and a unquenchable fire.

October 25, 2010 at 12:15 am |
    • Sum Dude

@Brenton389
      What about those without knees? or those without tongues? Or eyes? Or who have artificial hearts?
      You scripture-spouting maniacs need to be shot with a tranquilizer gun and dumped in a pile outside the nearest bondage and rape bar so they can show you a thing or two about "confessing". lol

October 25, 2010 at 12:27 am |
    • Edwin

Brenton389:

"God (THE GOD, THE GREAT "I AM", the CREATOR) will one day reveal himself. God created us to worship Him. He created humans instead of robots so that we may "choose" him. What love is it to simply "make" someone love you? That isn't love at all. Christ is King and that King will one day rule all. Every knee will bow. Every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. For those who never knew Him, the result is eternal torment and a unquenchable fire."

There is a flaw in that argument... If God created us to CHOOSE, then why would God EVER allow a day when EVERY knee must bow to him? Doesn't that utterly negate the Choice part? And if God PURPOSELY made us with a Choice to believe or not believe, why should He/She/It punish those who do so? What sort of twisted logic is that?

October 25, 2010 at 12:36 am |
    • Sum Dude

@Edwin
      Exactly. Thanks for pointing that out. I get tired of the nonsense as you can see from my other post. Too many things in the Bible do not make sense and never will make sense. But tranquilizer guns would be fun to use wouldn't they? 😀

October 25, 2010 at 12:56 am |
    • HotAirAce

I'm available almost anytime this week to meet with god, if you can arrange an appointment.

October 25, 2010 at 1:33 am |
    • SnareDrum

Brenton389,
      Allow me to break from the usual diatribe and ask you a sincere question: What do you expect from Heaven?
      The way I understand it, Christians, as well as Muslims and other organized religions believe that it is some sort of eternal paradise, and opposite it is Hell- eternal torment. But, in all seriousness, what is the difference? In their purest forms, happiness and sadness are entirely relative, for how can you know you are happy if you can never be sad? Think hard, and ask yourself if you would be happy of your own accord in Heaven. Help others not to gain entrance to a paradise, but to end the suffering of fellow human beings.

October 25, 2010 at 1:41 am |
    • Frank

"You scripture-spouting maniacs need to be shot with a tranquilizer gun and dumped in a pile outside the nearest bondage and r@pe bar so they can show you a thing or two about "confessing". lol"

What the hell is this, Manhunt?

October 25, 2010 at 1:44 am |
    • Frank

Oh, ho ho ho, the 'what is the nature of heaven and hell' argument is a great one. I remember when the Order of the Gash's Labryinth from Hellraiser was a good description of MY personal idea of heaven. Angel to some, demon to others. What is pleasure and pain is a relative thing.

October 25, 2010 at 1:51 am |
    • Conguero

Snaredrum to God (possible scenario): Hey, it's hot as Hell down here!

God to Snaredrum: Well that's relative, isn't it?

October 25, 2010 at 1:51 pm |
    • SnareDrum

Seriously, though, are we expected to believe that Hell is just being burned forever? physical and mental cruelty of the highest degree? If you still had free will (i.e. the ability to think/perceive), you COULD get used to it. After all, you're there literally forever...

October 25, 2010 at 4:43 pm |
    • Frank

"Snaredrum to God (possible scenario): Hey, it's hot as Hell down here!

God to Snaredrum: Well that's relative, isn't it?"

Lol.

Snaredrum: Only fundamentalists believe that hell is literally a place of burning fire. Personally, I see hell as a void. Or infinite darkness, lonliness and despair.

October 26, 2010 at 12:33 am |