home
RSS
Atlanta pastor, in response to suits, denies sex allegations
November 2nd, 2010

Atlanta pastor, in response to suits, denies sex allegations

In responses to four suits accusing him of coercing young men into sexual relationships, prominent Georgia pastor Eddie Long denies the claims and asks that the suits be dismissed.

"The plaintiff's claims of sexual misconduct are not true," each of the four responses filed by Long's attorneys says. The responses, each about 30 pages, offer a point-by-point response to each of the allegations and claims in the lawsuits. The documents were posted on the website of CNN affiliate WSB.

Four members of Long's New Birth Missionary Baptist Church - Anthony Flagg, 21; Maurice Robinson, 20; Jamal Parris, 23; and Spencer LeGrande, 22 - filed suit against Long and the 25,000-member megachurch in September, claiming he used his position as their spiritual counselor to pressure them into sexual relationships.

Read the full story

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Church • Pastors

1. Sum Dude

NEW UPDATED LIST – !
    bad letter combinations / words to avoid if you want to post that wonderful argument:
    You can use dashes, spaces, or other characters to modify the "offending" letter combinations.

s-ex....Ess-ex, s-exual, etc.
    c-um.........as in doc-ument, accu-mulate, etc.
    sp-ic........as in disp-icable (look out Sylvester the cat!)
    ho-mo...whether ho-mo sapiens or ho-mose-xual, etc.
    t-it.........const-itution, att-itude, ent-ities, etc.
    an-al......ban-al
    sh-it
    fu-ck...isn't this a great word? yet they filter it. 😦
    who-re
    tw-at.....as in wristw-atch, (an unexpected one)
    pr-ick....perhaps cupr-ic would also fall under the ban.
    sl-ut
    va-g....as in extrava-gant, va-gina, va-grant, va-gue, sava-ge, etc.
    hor-ny...
    ar-se....yet "ass" is not filtered!
    nip-ple...those baby bottles are obscene aren't they?
    c-ock
    cu-nt...as in Scu-ntthorpe, a city in the UK, famous for having problems with filters...!
    co-on...as in rac-oon, coc-oon
    ra-pe...as in gr-ape, etc.
    jacka-ss...but ass is fine lol
    p-is.....as in pi-stol, lapi-s, pi-ssed, etc.

ft-w....as in soft-ware...!!!!!omg! :O

There are more, so do not assume that this is complete.
    -----
    okay words that you might have thought were bad...lol
    penis
    ass
    crap
    damn
    anal
    anus
    sphincter
    testicles
    testes
    pubic
    boob
    -–
    I have found the best way to re-submit is to hit the back button, delete the cookies, look for and fix the problem and then hit "post". There are also "technical" ways past the filter, like "html ent-ities" (google it without the dash), but the filter is the problem, not a solution. But if you want to complain about the soft-ware – you must avoid the ft-w letter combo to do it. grrr

November 3, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
    • Sum Dude

tw

November 3, 2010 at 6:01 pm |
    • Sum Dude

ft

November 3, 2010 at 6:01 pm |
    • Sum Dude

j-ap...as in j-apanese, ja-pe...if anyone has a hyphenated name like Rioja-Pena...you're okay, you're safe. 😛

November 4, 2010 at 4:22 am |
  2. HotAirAce

I hope these allegations are true, not so that a religious charlatan is brought to justice (which is important to do, if guilty), but because if they are not, the fallout from making false allegations will be very bad, and used by other child abusers, and their protectors, to deflect attention from and to dismiss true crimes.

November 2, 2010 at 4:06 pm |
    • Peace2All

@HotAirAce

Agreed..

November 3, 2010 at 5:22 am |
    • Frogist

@Hot Air Ace: Good point.

November 3, 2010 at 9:19 am |
    • JohnQuest

HotAirAce, shonuf, Just a thought, for him to start denying it now means the guys are ready to accept the pay off. Wonder how much its going to be (how much their silence, consequently their soul, is worth).

November 3, 2010 at 11:22 am |
  3. TheRationale

When will people learn not to trust their kids with deluded people who claim to act on behalf of imaginary beings?

November 2, 2010 at 2:41 pm |
    • Sum Dude

@TheRationale
      The sanity has to start somewhere first, but this is easily defeated. Our brains are weak and erratic. lol

You can force people to believe just about anything through the use of simple brainwashing techniques.
      Physical force is not always necessary. The main and most useful trigger is STRESS.

Just stress. Emotional, physical, psychological, spiritual, you-name-it-someone-has-probably-tried-it-STRESS.

Once a person's mind becomes vulnerable through stress, simply indoctrinate them with your choice of beliefs.

And the rest, as they say, is history. Look it up, don't take my word for it. Think for yourself and examine your personal experiences for events that match this description.

Indoctrination is too useful for some things, like raising children, but add something delusional, like religion, and you've just opened up a whole new can of worms as far as mental health is concerned.

Psychological Warfare Operations got their biggest boost during the Cold War – and our US Gov't frequently did indoctrination techniques on the American people. Political brainwashing is reprehensible and a heinous act of treason.
      During the Cold War, I'm sure it was "justified" by our "need" to "fight the commies", but in the end it warped us as a country. We still have people who are stuck with the "Cold War mentality" – they cannot help it – they have been deeply indoctrinated.

We did this to ourselves by not having strong countermeasures in place. Our Constltution failed us at that point. We should have been allowed to think for ourselves, but who wants to let people do that? Not politicians or religious people or others of that sort. They might be brainwashed into brainwashing others – the most vicious of circles that is the worst thing to ever happen to the human race.

I'm sure it started long before any kind of recorded history as a sort of group reinforcement of "community values" – but that would have been before ho-mo sapiens got its start.
      Now we suffer under the yoke of madness. It destroys everything we hold dear. It destroys those who have no defense against it.
      It destroys all of us. We cannot stop it completely. All we can do is try to fight for humanity one step at a time.

This has been provided as a public service from Sum Dude.

November 2, 2010 at 3:42 pm |
    • Sum Dude

Just a disclaimer about my post above:
      When I start talking about PsychWarOps and go off on a rant – that's pretty much just conjecture on my part. I have no sources other than anecdotal and such for the , uh, extreme hyperbole.
      The bit at the end was good, tho, eh? The stuff about brainwashing I got from a psychology book that focused on that stuff.
      But, hey, I've been up for over 24 hrs, so I thought I'd better let everyone know I am not some kind of secret-conspiracy nut.
      Sorry.
      This disclaimer is also a public service by Sum Dude. Don't freak out. I just felt I went a little over the top there. lol 😛

November 2, 2010 at 5:28 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Sum Dude

8-I

November 2, 2010 at 7:58 pm |
    • Sum Dude

@Peace2All

Now just hold that thought – whatever it was – and explain to me what your reaction means? For you have used an emoticon with multiple definitions......????
      Now...just curious, you know....I can't hear any head-banging going on...?

🙄 (testing a new one that also expresses a part of my otherwise unexpressed response so far...? lol

Pax!

November 3, 2010 at 2:52 am |
    • Peace2All

@Sum Dude

I was trying to get the 'surprised'/ 'shocked' emoticon that you have used with the big wide eyes open. That one always cracks me up when you used it. I thought it to be appropriate here after what you posted.

But, unfortunately, i failed in my attempt... Sorry to confuse you dude. 'Mea Culpa' my friend..!

Maybe you can give me emoticon 'instruction'...? 🙂

Peace...

November 3, 2010 at 5:06 am |
    • Sum Dude

@Peace2All

Aha! 😯
      a numeral 8 and a capital O

And since this is a wordpress-based blog, check this out – I found it while looking for your emoticon.. 😆

en.support.wordpress.com/smilies/

😈 Bwahahahaha! 😀

November 3, 2010 at 5:37 am |
    • Peace2All

@Sum Dude

😯

November 3, 2010 at 9:21 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Sum Dude

Hey Dudemeister... me amigo..! Thanks for the 'emoticon' tips. And, might I say.... Yep, you da' man. You got the eyes and faces goin' all contortionist and stuff.

So..... How are you my friend...?

Peace...

November 3, 2010 at 9:23 pm |
    • Sum Dude

@Peace2All
      Hey, bro! 😀
      Having fun today. They let me go outside. It was great. Saw a rac-oon the other day, too. Things are looking up! lol
      Did you like my "nad" joke? I couldn't help myself. It was great. Sorry if your wife has access to real bricks. You can make them out of foam, you know....
      like your head. LOL Oh, dang, I'm doing it again...I'd better just stop and ask how you are?

November 4, 2010 at 2:48 am |
    • Peace2All

@Sum Dude

Hey Dudester..!!

Glad they are letting you outside on occasion. ! If ya' let me know which inst-itution you are in, I will come and visit. "No Slobbering". 🙂

As for the 'nad' joke, yes.... It was hilarious. 🙂 'Anything' I said from there on out, would have just made things worse.

Talk to ya' later gator....

Peace...