home
RSS
December 12th, 2010

Fareed Zakaria: Glenn Beck wrong about 10 percent of Muslims being terrorists

Glenn Beck says ten percent of Muslims are terrorists.  CNN's Fareed Zakaria breaks down the numbers.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Islam

1. Bobbidy Bob

The best way to beat Glen Beck is to best him at his own game on his show...

December 13, 2010 at 4:57 am |
  2. Bobbidy Bob

this comment of 10% muslims as terrorists only shows that Beck is a fear monger. he is talking numbers, which is off. WAAy off.

Remove religion from the equasion of 9/11 and all you have is a group of 19 murderers willing to kill for their beliefs..

in America we have madmen willing to storm a grocery store and kill random people for no reason..

in third world countries we have hitmen willing to kill for the sake of killing..

killers should not belong in any religion..!!

December 13, 2010 at 4:49 am |
    • McGenius

You're comparing random crime to that of a developed belief system that advocates violence against Americans, teaches violence to children, and justifies the violence as demanded by Allah in religious services of millions of people, and then seeks out lost souls within that religion to arm them as suicide bombers– you're comparing all that to holding up a gas station for drug money? Tell the Revs Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton that you think hate crimes laws are a waste. You will get a worthy education as to the confusions you possess.

December 13, 2010 at 4:59 am |
    • Ratib

McGenius

Hate-mongering statements without evidence are conjectures that deserves to be peed on. Go get me evidence if you're such a big genius

December 21, 2010 at 1:21 pm |
  3. Smith in Oregon

1.5 Billion Muslims, 10% would be 150 MILLION. Obviously Glenn Beck is spewing more of his faux entertainment insanity to his audience. 150 Million angry militants wouldn't even need guns, with mere pitchforks they would sweep nearly all countrys into the sea by just picking up the weapons from the fallen countrymen. Oh but Glenn Beck doesn't it seem traffic in reality, just entertainment ratings. Even on the 'high' side, 1.5 Million militants would be 1/10 of 1% wouldn't it? Likely the number of those actually waging violence and murder is far less than 1.5 Million.

There are only some 16 Million Jewish converts world-wide. About half in Israel and over 40% in America. By percentage, the number of Zionists inside Israel doing the violent crimes against the Palestinian people and the roving bands of Mossad Assassins around the world is much higher on a percentage of their total than those who have converted to the Muslim faith.

December 13, 2010 at 2:20 am |
    • McGenius

Apparently you, like Zakaria, ignored Beck's analysis. It's well North of 10% of Muslims who support the killing of random Americans. Zakaria doesn't equate this with supporting terrorism or to be much of a threat. He almost takes it in stride or lumps it into another grouping of less concern. Personally, if more than 10% of my neighbors would be cool with finding my carcass on the side of the road, I'd be scared. I guess you, like Zakaria, don't flinch from this.

December 13, 2010 at 4:53 am |
    • Ratib

McGenius

Just because I wish my Sociology teacher dead doesn't mean I'm responsible for it. The irony of your screen name is, you're sorta dumb.

December 21, 2010 at 1:19 pm |
  4. Topkitty

Glen Beck is a traitor. No if, and, or buts. Beck is Tokyo Rose in pants. He only cares about ratings and money. A pig that deserves to be assassinated. His traitorous rhetoric is anti-American.

December 12, 2010 at 11:24 pm |
    • Peace2All

Topkitty

Well, I am not a big fan of Mr. Beck... at all. That we seem to agree on.

However, don't ya' think where You Said: "(Glen Beck) A pig that deserves to be (assassinated)," is... well, a bit harsh...?

I'm thinking about the whole 1st amendment thing, and again, as much as I dislike this man... Are you saying that we should start killing people that you don't agree with or hate...?

Just curious... as that could obviously, on a lot of levels set up a dynamic and open the door to get rid of people just because we hate their ideologies and beliefs.

Again, I am in agreement with you... about Mr. Beck. I don't like him at all. But, as much as I dislike him... his 'freedom of speech' is protected. I just choose not to listen to him.

Sincerely curious as to your rationale about your thinking he deserves to be 'assassinated.' ...?

Peace...

December 13, 2010 at 12:55 am |
    • Sum Dude

@Peace2All
      There you go being an extremist again...! 😯

You need to be more radical, man! lol

December 13, 2010 at 11:07 am |
    • Keith

Hot Air Ace, Now THIS is a threat. Because of folks like Topkitty here, the 2nd Amendment is nice to have around. Now Beck or his bodyguards can defend against the threat. Whether or not Topkitty has the guts to try to assassinate Beck him/herself or is just lipping off is irrelevent-at least Beck has the option of defending himself with more than just strong language. Most people don't have the stomach to do the dirty work. I've heard Hitler was squeamish-couldn't even watch a film in which an animal was killed. Amazing. But he had plenty of peon henchmen who had no such qualms. Of course I'm sure our current president would never entertain such thoughts. Either way, I'll keep on 'clinging' to my God and my guns just the same.

December 14, 2010 at 7:21 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@Keith

Let me be *very* clear – I in no way agree with Topkitty, or anyone else that advocates violence against anyone, for any reason! Please do not drag me into this, or imply in any way, that Topkitty and I share his statements re Glenn Beck.

December 14, 2010 at 7:49 pm |
    • Keith

Hot Air Ace, No I don't throw you in the same boat as Topkitty. Now, let me be 'very' clear-I in no way threatened anyone, either. I know sometimes people read more into others posts than they actually say. I admit, I'm sometimes guilty of this. It is sometimes difficult to detect sarcasm or other forms of communication from simply reading a post. For all I know, Top kitty may be just joking around. Anyway, have a good night Ace.

December 14, 2010 at 10:13 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@Keith

No Problem! 'Nuff Said!

December 14, 2010 at 10:31 pm |
  5. Reality

Why all Muslims are potential terrorists:

"Mohammed could not have known the size of the world, but several passages in the Koran show that he envisioned Islam dominating all of it, however large it might be: “He it is who sent his messenger . . . that he may cause it [Islam] to prevail over all religions´(Koran 9:33, M.M. Ali; see also 48:28 and 61:9). M.M. Ali designates these three passages as “the prophecy of the ultimate triumph of Islam in the whole world.”

Mohammed’s successors, the caliphs, quoted passages like these to inspire Muslim armies as they advanced out of Arabia, imposing Islam by the sword upon a peacefully unsuspecting Middle East and North Africa, as I described in the previous chapter.

Islamic armies, imbued with what Mohammed claimed was divine authorization, imposed Islam by force over vast areas, all the while extorting wealth from subjugated Jews and Christians to fund their ongoing conquests. As I noted, major defeats at Tours, France, in A.D. 732, and again at Vienna, Austria, in A.D. 1683, halted Islam’s attempt to take all of Europe by force. Gradually Islamic forces were forced to retreat from Europe, except for part of the Balkans. But Islam has again set its sights on a conquest of Europe and of European civilization, wherever the latter has spread to North and South America and other regions. Muslim strategists ask their followers, Why do we find in these modern times that Allah has entrusted most of the world’s oil wealth primarily to Muslim nations?

Their answer: Allah foresaw Islam’s need for funds to finance a final politico-religious victory over what Islam perceives as its ultimate enemy: Christianized Euro-American civilization. So, Islam follows Nazism, fascism and communism as the world’s latest hostile takeover aspirant.

Nazis, fascists and communists failed. Does Islam have a better chance at success? I believe it will flounder if we awaken to its threat in time; yet, if there is not adequate planned resistance, Islam does have a better chance of succeeding. Communism’s world takeover attempt was guaranteed to fail because its economic policy was naively contrary to human nature. Advocating the rubric What is mine is thine, and what is thine is mine, communism failed to see that human nature will not keep those two balanced propositions in equilibrium. Like a female black widow spider consuming her mate, the latter part of the formula makes a meal of the former, leading to the collapse of any system based upon that formula.

In contrast, political systems do well if they can persuade people to adhere to What’s mine is mine and What’s thine is thine maxims.

Only if a strong religious incentive is added does such an idealistic formula have any long-term chance. Even then success will be spotty. But communism (and Nazism, for that matter) excluded religion. And that mistake was the final nail eventually clamping a lid on communism’s coffin. Communism, on a historical scale, perished while still in its childhood.

Islam is not repeating communism’s mistake. Mating political cunning and incredible wealth with religious zeal, Islam does have a chance to succeed and will succeed unless major parts of the Western world unite to take appropriate countermeasures. But many Western leaders, unable to believe that a mere religion could possible be a serious political threat, keep proclaiming themselves as Islam-friendly, reasoning that all religions are good-aren’t they?

A Muslim strategist in Beverly Hills, California, declared several years ago, as quoted by a friend of mine: “Now that the struggle between Western democracies and international communism is winding down, it is time for the real and final struggle to begin, and we are going to win!”

When will people realize that just as there are good doctors and quacks, good cops and rogue cops, there can also be good religions and bad religions?"- Don Richardson

December 12, 2010 at 9:10 pm |
    • Paul

Good post Reality. People have to wake up before it's too late. even the "friendly" muslims are just a Koranic word away from being a problem.

One comment thought is that the nazi's did have a religious portion in their platform. In fact Hitler admired the Islamic totalitarian methods and I think used islam as a model of how to control people using religion as the binding force. Nazi fascism, same as islamic fascism. Both need the same ending.

December 12, 2010 at 9:53 pm |
    • ICEMAN

@ Reality Now do the christians!!!!!!!!

December 13, 2010 at 2:51 am |
    • jj

Very clearly written and it's the truth. The best we can hope for is to isolate are societies and that means getting off of oil.

December 13, 2010 at 1:53 pm |
    • Ron

Very well explained with historical facts!

December 13, 2010 at 4:09 pm |
    • Chris

Crusader armies, imbued with what Christian Kings claimed was divine authorization, imposed Christianity by force over vast areas, all the while extorting wealth from subjugated Jews and Muslims to fund their ongoing conquests.

When the Crusaders entered Jerusalem they slaughtered man woman and child, Jew and Muslim "until the streets ran with blood."

What would Jesus do: Let ye who has not sinned throw the first stone.

December 14, 2010 at 9:00 am |
  6. Reality

The real Islam:

Mohammed was an illiterate, womanizing, lust and greed-driven, warmongering, hallucinating Arab, who also had embellishing/hallucinating/plagiarizing scribal biographers who not only added "angels" and flying chariots to the koran but also a militaristic agenda to support the plundering and looting of the lands of non-believers.

This agenda continues as shown by the ma-ssacre in Mumbai, the as-sas-sinations of Bhutto and Theo Van Gogh, the conduct of the seven Muslim doctors in the UK, the 9/11 terrorists, the 24/7 Sunni suicide/roadside/market/mosque bombers, the 24/7 Shiite suicide/roadside/market/mosque bombers, the Islamic bombers of the trains in the UK and Spain, the Bali crazies, the Kenya crazies, the Pakistani “koranics”, the Palestine suicide bombers/rocketeers, the Lebanese nutcases, the Taliban nut jobs, the Ft. Hood follower of the koran, and the Filipino “koranics”.

And who funds this muck and stench of terror? The warmongering, Islamic, Shiite terror and torture theocracy of Iran aka the Third Axis of Evil and also the Sunni "Wannabees" of Saudi Arabia.

Current crises:

The Sunni-Shiite blood feud and the warmongering, womanizing (11 wives), hallucinating founder.

December 12, 2010 at 9:04 pm |
    • ICEMAN

@ Reality now do the christians!!!!!!!!!!

December 13, 2010 at 2:50 am |
    • Ratib

Really? What effed up professor gave you that 101 lesson?

December 21, 2010 at 1:16 pm |
  7. Tony

i hate all Christians bc of that small percent of which take the bible 100% true and it says to take it literal and encourages all the things it says. I hate the government bc sometimes the gov screws up and i HAVE to blame all the people in there including EPA, poison control etc. i hate ALL the police force bc some of the cops are racist or do a bad job. you could do that to anything really but if you look at the facts Fareed Zakaria is right...

December 12, 2010 at 8:37 pm |
    • jonathan

that few who take the bible seriously is supposed to b hated...Jesus said few there be that be saved...so there..you hate the very people Jesus luv.... 🙂

December 12, 2010 at 9:29 pm |
  8. JON C

WITH THOSE NUMBERS WE NEED TO MAKE GITMO A LITTLE BIGGER.

December 12, 2010 at 8:11 pm |
  9. riverrunner

90% of what beck says is wrong, but maybe not this. islam is inherently dangerous and encourages jihad by definition.

December 12, 2010 at 7:08 pm |
    • Ratib

Define jihad for me sweetheart.

December 21, 2010 at 1:13 pm |
  10. SM

If calling GB an idiot is terrorism, then may be 90% are terrorists

December 12, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
    • HotAirAce

Excellent response to Glenn Beck! Glenn Beck *is* an idiot, and I'm angry with him, and I advocate he be taken off the air which would probably harm him financialy – I must be a triple threat terrorist! But I'm not muslim, so probably don't fit GB's definition... Back to being a simple atheist...

December 12, 2010 at 7:42 pm |
    • Keith

December 12, 2010 at 9:03 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@Keith

Your response was predictable...

You have to work pretty hard to come to the conclusion that advocating that an idiot like GB be taken off the air also means that I don't support free speech, but I knew that someone would do just that. As I have written numerous times in this blog, I support the right of everyone to say and believe what they want. My freedom of speech rights say that I can advocate that Glenn "The Idiot" Beck be taken off the air, and if I was to get my wish, GB's rights most likely would not have been infringed because he has lots of alteratives to get his warped messages out. All you have to do is review the many instances of people in his profession (and I use the word very loosley in conenction with GB) who have lost their jobs for one reason or antoher to se that I am correct.

What I did not expect was the implied violence of you mentioning 2nd ammendment rights. I guess you are of the same ilk as Sharon Angle who mused about 2nd ammedment rights during the most recent election – see http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/republicanquotes/a/Sharron-Angle-Quotes.htm.

December 13, 2010 at 12:49 am |
    • Peace2All

@Keith

Hey Keith...! Hope that you are well...?

I am sincerely curious and a bit confused as to your response to -HotAirAce.

You Said: "Hey Ace, Because you have no problem trampling people's 1st Amendment rights sure makes me glad we have the 2nd Amendment. If you don't like like Beck, turn the channel."

After reading -HotAirAce's posting, then reading your's, I am concerned how you made the 'leap' from someone 'advocating' taking him off the air' (which of course, Mr. Beck would continue to find numerous ways to still have his 'free speech') to your thoughts on being glad that we have the 2nd Amendment....? -Keith, sincerely, where are you coming from...?

Seems like your sentence could have very easily been said and straight to the point for instance: "Ace... if you don't like what Beck has to say, ...turn the channel. (period)." Seems simpler...to the point... succinct, and without any *inferences* of threat. My opinion anyway.

I have seen you invoke the 2nd amendment in a lot of your other postings... which of course, that is obviously, your right. Obviously, we don't know each other real well, and have at times 'butted-heads' in different articles... and I'm happy to say, we seem to have found some common ground recently, where I feel we can have discussions with sometimes differing opinions, yet still learn from each other, where we each come away from the transaction, not defending our 'beliefs' but edified from learning what the other has to say.

I guess, what I am trying to get at is... to have a bit more understanding where you are coming from, since your often postings of the 2nd amendment, where at least in my *opinion* don't seem to fit. Seems more like a constant ... 'threat.' Than, sincere dialogue.

-Keith, I am sincerely curious... as I am always wanting to learn and grow, and... especially get to know my fellow posters here on the Belief Blog, such as yourself.

Thanks...

Peace...

December 13, 2010 at 1:33 am |
    • ICEMAN

@ Keith wow you would really put something like that on here?

December 13, 2010 at 2:34 am |
    • ICEMAN

@ ICEMAN that was a dumb question!!!!

December 13, 2010 at 2:42 am |
    • David Johnson

@Keith

Hmmm...While I never watch Beck, I agree he has the right to speak. If enough people do not watch him, he will be replaced.

You need to cut down on the raw meat, Keith. You are too quick to strap on your six guns. Maybe your 10 gallon hat is on too tight.?

I agree that the Muslims are worrisome. I don't want my mother to be facing the death penalty, some day, for talking smack about Muhammad. Religion poisons everything – C. Hitchens.

Cheers!

December 13, 2010 at 9:22 am |
    • Keith

People, people, What I detected from Ace was an inferernce to removing Beck from the airwaves. It's really irrelevent who we are talking about here. What is relevant is that Ace would remove someone simply because he doesn't agree with him politicallly. Or did I misunderstand Ace? If you're going to remove him, why not just execute the dissenter or send him to a re-education camp? My point is/was: since we have the 2nd Amendment, the chances of rounding up dissenters and getting rid of them is going to be a tough task. Hugo Chavez can 'eliminate' the oppostion quite easily since the citizens of Venezuela aren't armed. That can't happen as easily here. The person whose door is being kicked in may be armed or may not be armed. It's like no one know for sure if Israel has nukes. Not knowing keeps Israel's enemies guessing. And at bay. I (for once) agree with David. Beck is a supply/demand thing. If there's no demand-he'll simply fade away.

December 13, 2010 at 4:50 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@Keith

I guess I was being too cute in my initial response...

To make a point, I tried to itemize things similar to what Glenn "The Idiot" Beck accuses muslims and others of, or things that were mentioned in the definition of how GB got to 10% – not respecting other cultures, being angry, wanting to do harm, etc. but i did not want to use any example that involved any suggestion of physical violence, so elected to use something that might do financial (but NOT physical) harm.

I am not the first person to say something like "that person should be taken off the air!" To respond to such a statement with an implicit or explicit threat of retaliation through the use of guns is more than just over the top – it's completely idiotic. I think your president was spot on when he made his "cling to religion and guns" comment.

December 13, 2010 at 6:25 pm |
    • Keith

Ace, I think I misunderstood you. But I've read and re-read my initial post and I just don't see any threat in it. You see, in Canada, a pastor can now be charged with 'hate speech' for simply expressing biblical views on ho-mo-se-xuality. Twenty years ago I would have thought that to be unthinkable. It's now reality. I also believe that such laws are fast coming to this country. The Canadiens are severely restricted when it comes to firearm ownership. To me, their government can pretty much make any laws they want and there isn't a damn thing the populace can do about it. This, however, is not the case in the United States. Here a tyrannical government would be stopped by the populace. An armed populace that is. Guns in the hands of the populace is an insurance policy that the good ole uncle sam doesn't get too out of hand. If that's what my president meant when talking about clinging to my guns-then good for him. As far as clinging to my God and my Savior, yes I'll cling to Him, too. I hope this has helped to clarify things a bit, but I still fail to see where I threatened anyone.

December 14, 2010 at 1:47 pm |
  11. NM

please check out http://www.islamicsolutions.com/if-it-is-extreme-it-is-not-islam/

December 12, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  12. SpeakingFreely

Well the fact is that 99% of the terrorists are Muslims. Why is that?

December 12, 2010 at 5:07 pm |
    • Ender93

All Muslims are terrorist. Except for the 94% that are not. Do not follow the stupid chant that most muslims are terrorist just because your surround news inept at revealing all terrorist attempts.

December 13, 2010 at 4:25 pm |
    • (B)iraq Hussein Osama

99% of terrorists are Muslims, but the 1% that are not (including George Bush and his donkey Blair), are more dangerous than the 99% Muslim terrorists. Food for thought.

December 13, 2010 at 6:43 pm |
    • Ratib

Hahaha Bangladesh has 160 million Muslims – that's Glenn's magic 10% of the world Muslim population. We still have about a good 18 million Hindus and 2 million Christians in our country. If we are terrorists, buddy we aren't doing a very good job, are we?

Maybe we should step up a notch. You know what, tell me when you're coming to Bangladesh. We'll think about proving Glenn's statistics correct when you do so :).

December 21, 2010 at 1:08 pm |
    • Irish

It's great to read something that's both enjoyable and prvideos pragmatisdc solutions.

January 27, 2012 at 8:30 pm |
    • aajxyzrrqdq

P3ZBkq ujkvmbibwwfr

January 28, 2012 at 8:02 am |
    • bkhdowwhf

EGDMTy mikyvcwxumlk

January 30, 2012 at 11:46 am |
  13. McGenius

I suspect Mr. Zakaria understands that Glenn Beck doesn't believe and didn't mean that 10% of the world's Muslims have actively picked up guns or tied suicide vests around their waists. Logistically I'd be shocked if it were possible. Without going through all the audio, the part I do know which Mr. Zakaria references, includes an audio clip where Beck's producers reference how more than 10% of Muslims polled around around the world accept the killing of Americans and Christians. If more than 10% of Muslims aren't terrorists, they are terrorist sympathizers. Mr. Zakaria agrees with these numbers as he has reported on them. If these numbers were inverted showing more than 10% of Christians and Americans supporting the systematic slaughter of Muslims, they would be treated much more seriously in the media. I don't know anyone who is enraged about terrorists but feels comfortable with terrorist sympathizers. Perhaps Mr. Zakaria does? If he does not, then he happens to be with Beck.

Mr. Zakaria tries to do a Mr. Obama and setup a straw-man argument which has no relation with Mr. Beck's views. As fun as this may feel to an ideologue, it's boring academically. Mr. Zakaria does not advance any dialogue by arguing against a position that nobody is advocating. All he does is to raise questions as to what he advocates.

December 12, 2010 at 4:24 pm |
    • Frogist

@McGenius: You say if the numbers were reversed and the poll showed 10% of Americans/Christians were ok with the systematic slaughter of muslims, it would get more press. Yes, it would. And it should. If we are talking about a growing surge of violence against our own citizens, it should get more press. If only for the fact that a stable democratic powerful nation advocating wiping out a large section of the world, should get that attention. It also should garner attention to show the hypocrisy of such Christians and their growing zealotry. It's an unfamiliar image to a lot of people. Granted only to those who are not frequenters of this blog. And one worthy of media focus.
      You say Mr Zakaria is fighting a straw man no one is advocating. But Glenn Beck is advocating his position and without someone calling foul on his made up stats, it's just another undisputed false accusation.

December 13, 2010 at 9:10 am |
  14. Nick

Zakaria's math is off as well. You don't have to actually commit an act of terror to be considered a "terrorist" (according to Beck's definition). It's kind of like saying that the only suicidal people are ones who actually commit suicide. There are many people who think about it but don't have the guts or tools to do it and thus wouldn't be considered suicidal according to Zakaria. Liberal academia at its finest. And yes, I think that if you cheer on or enable terrorism you are a terrorist. If you don't think 10% of Muslims will at least say "yeah, they kind of had it coming" when the US is attacked again you are crazy.

December 12, 2010 at 4:11 pm |
    • Tony

He covered that in the video if you watched it....

December 12, 2010 at 8:39 pm |
    • jonathan

10 % terrorist is 160-70 million

exactly how do we defeat all that hatred formented by our open aggressiveness and the egging on by Al Kada .. by the way , where is
      Al ? 🙂

December 12, 2010 at 9:25 pm |
    • ICEMAN

@ Nick that beck crap sound dumb as he_ll....that is the defination he'll give to get you to look at anyone of them and you'll think he is a terroist, hey what about regular americans how many of us are terroist? WELL BECK WHY THE BIGGEST TERROIST ORGANATION IN AMERICA "ACCORDING TO BLACKS" THE KKK CAN STILL HAVE PARADES, WITH ALL SMILES, HAVING A GOOD TIME..OOOOOOH I GUESS THEY ARE THE RIGHT COLOUR

December 13, 2010 at 2:21 am |
    • Frogist

@Nick: And if you let Beck define the terms, he can make up any stats to prove it. The real issue is why are we using his definition instead of the more accepted one.

December 13, 2010 at 8:58 am |
    • Earthling

What a dumb thing to say. If you think about committing murder but dont, then you are not a murderer. If you think about committing terrorism but dont, then you are not a terrorist. Of course, if you are involved in the planning or execution of a terrorist act regardless of your participation in the actual violence then you are a terrorist just like involvement in the planning or execution of a murder makes you a murderer.

December 13, 2010 at 12:08 pm |
    • Amit-Atlanta-USA

@NICK: I have been following the writings of my former countryman Mr.Zakaria on his defence of his faith and I must say this.
      He has been hoodwooking Americans into making Islam palatable to Americans in a very eloquent manner. I had a detailed response here on his writings, but our liberal CNN editors would NOT publish my views. So much so for freedom of speech that CNN would NOT let the learned readers decipher for themselves if I am talking crap or if I am making sense.....BRAVO CNN!!!!!!!!

December 14, 2010 at 5:14 pm |
  15. iLuv8T

Fareed is a FAKI himself he s making his cousin terrorists look less harmless
    deport Fareed

December 12, 2010 at 3:49 pm |
    • jonathan

deport him for exercising freedom of speech or of the press??? 🙂

December 12, 2010 at 9:22 pm |
    • Ratib

Deport Fareed 'cause he's Paki? Then they should deport you from the US, considering your ancestors moved into the US from Europe, as opposed to being natives (assuming you're not an American Indian).

December 21, 2010 at 1:03 pm |
  16. iLuv8T

Muslims = 100% Sympathizers of Terrorism
    Muslims = 70% Terrorists
    Muslims = 30% Normal

December 12, 2010 at 3:39 pm |
    • (B)iraq Hussein Osama

Non-Muslims = 100% Manufacturers of Bombs
      Non-Muslims = 70% Bombers
      Non-Muslims = 30% Normal

December 13, 2010 at 6:41 pm |
    • Kamrom

fortunately, in the real world, we know that over a billion people arent terrorist supporters. Thats why its terrorism, not military action. Do you have any idea how terrorism works? its a tactic of preceived desperation, when your state wont act. If the whole of the worlds muslims would sympathize with terrorists, IT WOULDNT BE TERRORISM. Itd be, what we in the real world call "a war"! Keeps yammering though, it just justifies every atheist's position.

December 20, 2010 at 10:07 am |
  17. Logic

rs1201, First of all, Im sorry to hear about your cousin. But you need to understand that the statement you made can also be used the exact same way by the other side. For example: "Your people have caused a lot of heartache and misery around the world and truthfully no one is willing to look away. As an Iraqi, I despise Americans for what they did to my city and my fellow Iraqis. On Tuesday, my family searched for my 21 year old nephew for 5 hours until we found him wandering the streets and totally traumatized by what he had seen. He was covered in blood and human remains. It took him three weeks to begin to talk again. What did he ever do to any American to deserve this?"
    Fascinating isnt it?

December 12, 2010 at 3:22 pm |
    • jonathan

I am sorry for what we did to your country let alone to your city and even to your family..we have been brainwashed by our media and the political forces in this country..it is possible we are in the throes of a greater conflict that might bring even far greater bloodshed in this nation ..brother against brother again as history has said before ....We can't help it...I hope that you and many in the world can forgive us and remember that this is the result of our having paid so much in the past to fight and severely defeat many fascist threats in the world..we are built up to have an enemy to fight we are a warrior nation now..and it takes time to cool down.......

December 12, 2010 at 9:20 pm |
  18. Muhammed's 6yo wife

Fareed is correct. Glenn Beck failed to add a zero....

December 12, 2010 at 3:21 pm |
    • iLuv8T

i like your user name

good one he failed to add a zero

December 12, 2010 at 3:41 pm |
    • trainwreck

actually fareed couldve stopped after Glen Beck Is Wrong. the man is just a money grubbing opportunist whos biggest victim are his own followers

December 12, 2010 at 7:33 pm |
    • jonathan

if you're Muhammad's six year old wife, then he must have don something right, you being alive after 1300 years.. 🙂

December 12, 2010 at 9:13 pm |
    • ICEMAN

@ Muhammed's 6yo wife , that is sooooooooo funny on a couple of levels lmbo

December 13, 2010 at 2:10 am |
  19. deepak

Fareed Zakaria needs to stop using CNN for Islamic excuses. Most Islamic terror are state sponsored and have the overt or covert approval if not participation of ordinary citizens. You dont have to be actively participating in the Islamic agenda. The fact that almost No Muslim will ever talk about the regular killing of infidels, blowing up of sacred places of others, as in Varanasi, India last week, but will keep on harping on 'interfaith dialog' obfuscations. Zakaria himself is a proponent of the Ground Zero mosque which is clearly an Islamic victory mosque.

December 12, 2010 at 3:03 pm |
    • iLuv8T

you sound like a terrorist yourself
      i hate the term insurgent

December 12, 2010 at 3:43 pm |
    • jonathan

why bring in the ground Zero mosque thingy into it.. as soon as you did that you lost all credibility.. 🙂

December 12, 2010 at 9:11 pm |
    • Solo99

Now considering from your name, I assume you're an Indian or an Indian-America or vice versa,

Now, first to counter your statement about Fareed Zakaria using CNN as an Islamic excuses/purposes. How do you know that? DO you see him preaching about Islam or taking a side with what you call "terrorists" (who YOU think are all Muslims). So tell me is he doing preaching n CNN tv? Second of all, assuming that you're an Indian, its no surprise that no matter what happens in India, you and the people who share similar views will end up blaming muslims and Pakistanis to be specific. You and people with your ideologies have been doing that since ages so its not surprising, i hope it lets you and your people sleep at night. I have many india non muslim and muslim friends and im glad they do not share the same ignorant and racist views as yourself. Get your facts straight. And just for your information, opnion based and hatered driven comments and statements are NOT facts, so you might want to think twice before you want to debate next time on muslims, terrorists, pakistanis and others such topics.

December 13, 2010 at 12:13 am |
    • Kamrom

Oh yes, 'state sponsored" im sure thats why Usama bin Laden is hiding in the fetid caves of pakistan/afghanistan. You know he's ROYALTY? A prince from Saudi Arabia? Or, well, he was, until he decided to go be a jerk to all of Saudi Arabia's friends. Thats when he was kicked out and went into hiding. That sure sounds state sponsored t ome. Unless its an elaborate ruse of course. I know how many christian princes would gladly spend 30, 40 years living in hellish conditions to prove a point. happens all the time.

Oh wait no.

December 20, 2010 at 10:00 am |
    • Jovcal

"Ground Zero mosque which is clearly an Islamic victory mosque" LOL! You gotta be kidding yourself! Do you have any basis of support for this nonsense? What kind of an uneducated comment is this? 'A Victory Mosque' Hahahahaa!

December 21, 2010 at 1:18 am |
    • Ruaaaargh

Mr. "Deepak"
      What is your problem with the idea of the Ground-Zero mosque? I don't actually want you to tell ME the answer to that question, I want you to outline the answer, verbally/ aloud to YOURSELF. Whatever the answer is, I want you to apply the same reasoning to events in our world's history; The conquest of most of the known world by the muslims.
      Go back roughly a thousand years, and you'll see that the muslims conqered most of the world. If they had the same mentality as all you "No Mosque At Ground Zero" nuts, then there would be no churches throughout most of Europe. There certainly wouldn't be any "Church of the Holy Sepulchre", thus there wouldn't be any real holy sites for christianity.
      If muslims were -in the past- as xenophobic (or should I say: 'religiophobic') as many american christians are today, we'd be looking at a very different world today. Remember, as I say, muslims had conquered most of the known world before the industrial revolution. If they had herded christians and Jews into internment camps, etc. in every land they conquered, then you and all your xenophobic christian friends might not be here today.

But instead, they respected your religion, despite your barbarity. They allowed your ancestors to live, after they had conquered their lands. If all of 'them' were alike in temperament to all of 'you', then most living people in the western world today would be muslim. Just bear that in mind. You are alive today because of the good graces of the ancestors of the muslims. A little grace and acceptance (not tolerance, but acceptance) from 'you' to 'them' now will make the world a better place for us all!

Peace (if you even know what that mean) out.

December 21, 2010 at 7:20 am |
  20. Eric G.

Glenn Beck and others have discovered the secret to religion. You do not need facts to control the minds of others. The more disturbing realization is that he is only on the air because a large section of the population will adopt this thinking without ever questioning it. Like religion, he is simply using fear of the unknown to profit from one group hating and fearing another. Glenn Beck is not the problem, but only a symptom. The problem is the uneducated, unmotivated masses.

December 12, 2010 at 2:58 pm |
    • jonathan

I'M not educated but I'm not dumb...it's not the uneducated it's the dumb who are deceived by use of religion by the likes of Glen..

December 12, 2010 at 9:08 pm |
    • Enjoy

December 13, 2010 at 3:08 am |
    • Frogist

@Eric G: I think you're absolutely right. He taps into their fear of the other. Facts and truth matter very little when your followers believe out of faith that he's reliable. Or that he doesn't have an ulterior motive.

December 13, 2010 at 8:54 am |
    • ScottK

Right on Eric.

The headline could have just stopped at "Glenn Beck wrong".

December 13, 2010 at 2:57 pm |
    • Ruaaaargh

Dear 'jonathan'
      It's clear that you indeed ARE uneducated. Perhaps a more educated man would know how to use a comma in his sentences...

December 21, 2010 at 6:52 am |