home
RSS
January 8th, 2011

Kirk Cameron: Dead birds aren't the end of the world

After thousands of birds mysteriously fell out of the sky in Arkansas on New Year's Eve, it was only natural that Anderson Cooper turned to an expert for an explanation. Enter Kirk Cameron.

The former "Growing Pains" star — a born-again Christian who has appeared in movies based on the end-of-days-themed "Left Behind" books — appeared on "Anderson Cooper 360" to discuss whether he thought the dead birds were a sign of the apocalypse.

"Well, I first think that they ought to call a veterinarian, not me. You know, I'm not the religious-conspiracy-theorist go-to guy, particularly," Cameron said. "But I think it's really kind of silly to try to equate birds falling out of the sky with some kind of an end-times theory."

Read the full story on CNN's Marquee Blog.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Bible • Christianity

1. Julie

1 Thessolonians 5: 4-8 , Job 12:7-10 etc.,,,We will see signs! The Bible tells us we will and Mr. Cameron seems to be more up on pagan knowledge than the Bible. Furthermore, what kind of christian puts faith in the pilgrims more than Gods prophesys? Please read the Bible. Mr Cameron is not a person to listen to as we can see, one must read the Bible to know and its clear he doesnt. Read it for yourselves and I pray you will get saved before its too late! God Bless- Julie

January 8, 2011 at 10:10 pm |
    • Don

I have nothing from which I need to be saved, so you can keep your silly, infantile, backward, mind-numbingly stupid myth.

January 8, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
    • Anglican

Don, be nice. She means you no harm. Believe it or not, a person you do not know cares for you. Forget saved or not saved, she means you no harm.

January 8, 2011 at 11:15 pm |
    • Gary

Except for Isreal becoming a "Country" once again. I see no signs...Nothing written in biblical scripture has come to pass that I am aware of. None whatsoever! Isreali's always lived their. Isreal is not recognized by a few militant muslim countries too.

January 8, 2011 at 11:27 pm |
    • Don

No Anglican, she does not mean well. And I was nice. That you don't like my estimation of your puerile myth in no way means I wasn't nice.

January 9, 2011 at 9:14 am |
  2. A Believer of Christ

THE "HOLY BIBLE" SPEAKS FOR ITSELF -– RECEIVE OR DENY IT BUT THIS IS WHAT THE "TRUTH" IS:

Matthew 24:36 – "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Matthew 24:42-44 – "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this; if the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

January 8, 2011 at 8:10 pm |
    • Anglican

May the Lord bless you. Peace

January 8, 2011 at 8:16 pm |
    • NL

Still, if something like the movie 'Deep Impact' were to play out, and scientists could detect and predict a likely end of the world event, how would the religious react? After all, science cannot be trusted, right?

Objectively, I would argue that science has proven to be a far more accurate, and prolific method of predicting future events that religion. Experts in any field are able to routinely see where trends are leading, and make very close predictions. Would it be so unimaginable to have observant individuals in ancient Israel followed the political climate, saw the excesses of the monarchy, heard of foreign troop movements and came to the conclusion that invaders were likely on their way? People who can correctly predict the futures of stocks and commodities appear like magicians to outsiders, so isn't it possible that someone could correctly predict foreign invasions long ago without the aid of a god?

January 9, 2011 at 12:55 am |
  3. Imagine No Religion

Hmmm, no offensive words in either post. No hyphenated words in first post, three in the second; outtakes, antiabortionist, firsthand (entered here without them). No web addresses. Don't have a login account, so I can't edit the posts. Don't know what the problem is. Oh, well.

January 8, 2011 at 7:43 pm |
    • HotAirAce

Here's a more complete list – not sure if it's the latest and greatest but it was the first one I could find.

Reality
      • The moderators of this blog have set up a secret forbidden word filter which unfortunately not only will delete or put your comment in the dreaded "waiting for moderation" category but also will do the same to words having fragments of these words. For example, "t-it" is in the set but the filter will also pick up words like Hitt-ite, t-itle, beati-tude, practi-tioner and const-tution. Then there words like "an-al" thereby flagging words like an-alysis and "c-um" flagging acc-umulate or doc-ument. And there is also "r-a-pe", “a-pe” and “gra-pe”, "s-ex", and "hom-ose-xual". You would think that the moderators would have corrected this by now considering the number of times this has been commented on but they have not. To be safe, I typically add hyphens in any word that said filter might judge "of-fensive".

• More than one web address will also activate “waiting for moderation”. Make sure the web address does not have any forbidden word or fragment.

Sum Dude routinely updates the list of forbidden words/fragments.

Two of the most filtered words are those containing the fragments "t-it" and "c-um". To quickly check your comments for these fragments, click on "Edit" on the Tool Bar and then "Find" on the menu. Add a fragment (without hyphens) one at a time in the "Find" slot and the offending fragment will be highlighted in your comments before you hit the Post button. Hyphenate the fragment(s) and then hit Post. And remember more than one full web address will also gain a "Waiting for Moderation".

From Sum Dude:

"Here's my latest list – .....
      ––
      bad letter combinations / words to avoid if you want to post that wonderful argument:
      Many, if not most are buried within other words, but I am not shooting for the perfect list, so use your imagination and add any words I have missed as a comment (no one has done this yet)
      – I found some but forgot to write them down. (shrugs).
      s-ex
      c-um.........as in doc-ument, accu-mulate, etc.
      sp-ic........as in disp-icable (look out Sylvester the cat!)
      ho-mo...whether ho-mo sapiens or ho-mose-xual, etc.
      t-it.........const-itution, att-itude, ent-ities, etc.
      an-al......ban-al
      sh-it
      fu-ck...
      who-re
      tw-at.....as in wristw-atch, (an unexpected one)
      pr-ick
      sl-ut
      c-lit
      va-g....as in extrava-gant, va-gina, va-grant
      hor-ny
      ar-se....yet "ass" is not filtered!
      nip-ple
      po-rn
      c-ock
      nig-ger
      cu-nt
      b-itch
      ra-pe
      jacka-ss...but ass is fine lol
      p-is.....as in pi-stol, lapi-s, pi-ssed, etc.
      soft-ware
      Ja-panese
      There are more, so do not assume that this is complete.
      -–
      okay words that you might not expect to be filtered....!!!
      beaver
      penis
      ass
      crap
      damn
      anal
      anus
      sphincter
      testicles
      testes
      pubic
      boob

Here's a word to add to the banned list: co-co-on
      whether it's c-oc, or co-on, this is ridiculous

January 8, 2011 at 8:00 pm |
  4. Emily Lorenzo

Wow, this is so dumb, Christian or not, God made this world, you can't look at the beautiful things of this world and deny that, ONLY GOD KNOWS WHEN THE WORLD WILL END.... All that matters is making sure your heart is right and have a personal relationship with Jesus, read your bible and help people who need help, that's all I have to say.

January 8, 2011 at 7:32 pm |
    • Anglican

May God bless you and keep you. Peace.

January 8, 2011 at 8:14 pm |
    • Gary

@ Emily Lorenzo ...how about read the koran or hindu scripture or just old testiment like the Jews. And of course Help all people when you can? Your post makes no sense. You start out saying Christian or Not....there is a God....then @ the bottom you insist have a relationship with Jesus???? Your post was such non sense I do not know why I even replied.....

January 8, 2011 at 11:33 pm |
    • NL

Emily-
      Sure there's denying that God created the world. Genesis is just one creation myth amongst thousands that were all equally likely to be 'true' before science began discovering the real mechanisms of the universe's origin. At the time when Paul made this argument in Romans science could not offer an alternative explanation, but we have discovered so much since that time that it is now completely valid to say that God was not necessary to create the world.

January 9, 2011 at 12:26 am |
    • Anglican

NL First of all, there are not thousands of creation stories. The only parallel to the Genesis story of creation is the Babylonian creation story. One God, verses multiple gods. You do have to agree with result, just history.

January 9, 2011 at 12:39 am |
    • Don

Anglican, there are thousands of creation stories. And the Genesis creation myths come from two sources: the Enumah Elish and the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

January 9, 2011 at 12:12 pm |
    • Know What

Anglican,

Yes, there are thousands of creation stories. Here are some of them:

All that the stories prove is that early humans had curiosity about life's origins and that they had the imaginations to come up with all of these scenarios.

January 9, 2011 at 12:36 pm |
  5. Imagine No Religion

So Anglican, I have replied to your posts at 4:56pm and 6:09pm, and they are both marked "Your comment is awaiting moderation." I was able to reply to Keith's 5:36pm post with no problem.

Did you complain to CNN or something? Just asking, because based upon my experience with religious types, it would be typical.

January 8, 2011 at 7:15 pm |
    • Anglican

No, I have made no complaints. I was blocked a number of times yesterday. Have you follow the advice put forth by "Reality" regarding filters?

January 8, 2011 at 7:25 pm |
    • HotAirAce

There are no (active) moderators, just a lousy bit of soft-ware looking for naughty words, or even embedded fragments of them. Common ones are s3x, c-um, t-it. You can find a more exhaustive list in other articles.

January 8, 2011 at 7:31 pm |
    • Anglican

HotAirAce. Are you pleased with reply/post blogging now?

January 8, 2011 at 7:38 pm |
    • HotAirAce

Yes. I hope you agree that it will make holding a conversation easier. Please note that it seems reply messes up occasionally when there are hundreds of posts.

January 8, 2011 at 7:42 pm |
    • Gary

@ Imagine no religion Anglican is correct. please review the warning by Reality it helped me out a lot.

January 8, 2011 at 11:29 pm |
  6. Anglican

HotAirAce. Oh great blogger. Might you please instruct me on how to respond to a response as noted above. I do not see a reply button, I am sorry. Why are you so mean?

January 8, 2011 at 7:00 pm |
    • HotAirAce

You merely go "up" to the original comment and use the "Reply" link there.

You seem to like to indicate you can determine a poster's emotional state or character from their posts – suggesting they are angry or mean. I don't think you are very good at doing same, and don't have any future as a pychic.

January 8, 2011 at 7:08 pm |
    • Anglican

Thank you. I hope it works.

January 8, 2011 at 7:18 pm |
  7. Anglican

Imagine No Religion. That is just one big generalization. How many times has that happened to you personally?

January 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm |
  8. Keith

What harm has Kirk Cameron done to any of you? He's just trying to 'seek and save the lost'. He should be commended, not ridiculed. May God bless him and Ray Comfort for the work they do. The guy is trying pull some of you into the lifeboat, but you slap his hand away and insult him. Truly bizarre.

January 8, 2011 at 5:36 pm |
    • Imagine No Religion

You're kidding, right? These guys stand on street corners with a camera crew, stop unsuspecting people minding their own business, ask them a load of personal questions, and then tell them they're going to hell if they haven't asked for the christian god's forgiveness. You don't see the harm?

January 8, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@Imagine No Religion

I see Anglican is still having a problem grasping the concept of "reply" vs "post"...

Anyway, being accosted as you described just once is too many times. I find a not so polite "Fck off!" conveys the right message.

Then there was the day I was in Ja-pan at the railway station in a smallish city. As we were leaving the station, we were offered English lessons by a couple of westerners wearing LDS ids. My Ja-panese friend said something to them I didn't understand, but he later told me they offer English lessons for free and then try to recruit you. He was quite embarrassed that American missionaries are tolerated in Ja-pan as such behavior is not their way.

January 8, 2011 at 6:46 pm |
    • Keith

INR, Just a suggestion- go to livingwaters.com, read one of there tracts and take the 'good person test'. If Ray, Kirk, and others knew of impending danger, don't you think they would be obligated to share a 'heads up' with others? That's all they're doing. They believe it to be true. I believe it, too. If you don't like it, you can always walk away or use Hot Air Ace's response. They're genuinely concerned for YOU. I know you may not understand or appreciate that fact, but it is true. I too, hope you see your need for a Savior and accept Him before it's too late. Have you ever seen an episode of Way of The Master?

January 8, 2011 at 7:50 pm |
    • Don

Save the lost? What lost?

January 8, 2011 at 9:45 pm |
    • Q

St. Augustine – "Usually, even a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other elements of this world, about the motion and orbit of the stars and even their size and relative positions, about the predictable eclipses of the sun and moon, the cycles of the years and the seasons, about the kinds of animals, shrubs, stones, and so forth, and this knowledge he hold to as being certain from reason and experience. Now, it is a disgraceful and dangerous thing for an infidel to hear a Christian, presumably giving the meaning of Holy Scripture, talking nonsense on these topics; and we should take all means to prevent such an embarras-sing situation, in which people show up vast ignorance in a Christian and laugh it to scorn. The shame is not so much that an ignorant individual is derided, but that people outside the household of faith think our sacred writers held such opinions, and, to the great loss of those for whose salvation we toil, the writers of our Scripture are criticized and rejected as unlearned men. If they find a Christian mistaken in a field which they themselves know well and hear him maintaining his foolish opinions about our books, how are they going to believe those books in matters concerning the resurrection of the dead, the hope of eternal life, and the kingdom of heaven, when they think their pages are full of falsehoods and on facts which they themselves have learnt from experience and the light of reason? Reckless and incompetent expounders of Holy Scripture bring untold trouble and sorrow on their wiser brethren when they are caught in one of their mischievous false opinions and are taken to task by those who are not bound by the authority of our sacred books. For then, to defend their utterly foolish and obviously untrue statements, they will try to call upon Holy Scripture for proof and even recite from memory many passages which they think support their position, although they understand neither what they say nor the things about which they make assertion."

Keith, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron and all the other "crocoduck" ID/creationists should heed this warning...

January 9, 2011 at 1:25 am |
    • Know What

"If Ray, Kirk, and others knew of impending danger, don't you think they would be obligated to share a 'heads up' with others? "

The problem is that they don't *know* of an impending danger; they have a notion of (believe) it. If someone has a notion (believes), without any proof or evidence, that there will be a fire in a crowded theater, are they justified in evacuating everyone?

January 9, 2011 at 12:47 pm |
    • Keith

Q, You make the assumption that St. Augustine is the final authority? Remember what the first three letters in assume are. I know full well that I will give account for every word spoken. I'm prepared to meet my Maker. Are you? The wisdom of men is foolishness to God. The fool has said in his heart, "there is no God".

January 9, 2011 at 4:48 pm |
    • Don

The foolish proudly proclaims that there is a god. The weak-minded child claims that there is a god. The adult no longer believes in an imaginary father-figure. The adult no longer believes in santa.

Time to grow up, Keith.

Oh, and you violated Matt 5:22.

January 9, 2011 at 4:51 pm |
    • Keith

Don, The 'lost' would be anyone who has not placed their faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.

January 9, 2011 at 4:51 pm |
    • Keith

Don, I fail to see where quoting Psalm 14:1 makes me guilty of violating Matt 5:22. And if you don't believe in God, then why would you care anyway? It amazes me how much scripture some of you athiests actually supposedly know. As far as growing up goes, the older I get, and the more I study the Word and observe current events, the more convinced I become that God is who He claims to be. You can either bow your knee now by accepting Him as your Savior OR you can bow your knee later and confess that He is Lord at the Great White Throne judgement. Just remember that the GWT is for giving the unsaved greater or lesser stripes in the Lake of Fire. You and Q better get some 1 million sunblock if you insist on staying on the road your're on.

January 9, 2011 at 5:08 pm |
    • Don

I'm an atheist, and I'm not lost, Keith. And if you don't know how your calling someone else a fool in direct contravention of Matt 5:22, which states that anyone who calls another a fool shall be liable to burn in hellfire, means something to you, then that's your problem. I'm just trying to keep you consistent. I know–it's impossible. Why? Because of all the contradictions in the bible and your beliefs. But I try nonetheless–just because I care. Because it's fun to point them out.

And I can't bow the knee–humans bow. Knees do not. Stop thinking that you can threaten others and they'll just start believing. Only a bratty child without any real argument does that.

January 9, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • Q

Keith- That's a non-response. Worse yet, you make a false assumption and then proceed to lecture me about assuming. Once again, you demonstrate the dizzying, willfully ignorant and all too often ironic mind of a creationist. Worse still, in your arrogant ignorance, I'd bet you believe you actually provided some meaningful and logical response...

January 9, 2011 at 7:25 pm |
    • Q

Keith- And for all your self-satisfied confidence that those who don't believe your mythology will suffer, I invite you to kiss hank's butt...

January 9, 2011 at 7:35 pm |
    • nevada trust

Unfortunately, the Left Behind series is not based in Scripture, and so Kirk Cameron used his God-give talents to promote concepts that are not Godly. That's the problem with Kirk Cameron.

January 10, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
  9. Anglican

So if I do something in the name of my Lord, I am shackled? Well , you know, I guess I am. My choice, my faith. I am ok with it.

January 8, 2011 at 4:56 pm |
    • jeff

@anglican, been enjoying your posts. yes, we're shackled, bought with a price, and I'm ok with it too.

grace and peace,

-jeff

January 8, 2011 at 5:23 pm |
    • NL

Maybe 'shackled' as in 'download bible, follow programming', but I'm just guessing here.

January 9, 2011 at 12:16 am |
    • Anglican

My faith is real and certain to me. Me. In my Church, we consider scripture, tradition, and yes, reason. I am not programed. Peace.

January 9, 2011 at 2:06 pm |
    • NL

Anglican-
      I have no doubts that your faith is real and certain to you, and your group. That you consider scripture and tradition, but where does reason fit in? Is it reasonable to conclude that yours is the only valid religious writing of all the religious writings we have to choose from, or that the Christian tradition is the only trustworthy religious tradition of all the religious traditions of the world? My argument is that you make a subjective choice in valuing Christian scripture and tradition over the others, which would not be employing reason, right?

You claim that you are not programed, but how far does your belief deviate from the set dogma? I assume you are an Anglican. Can you illustrate where you dramatically veer from standard Anglican beliefs or traditions?

Take care.

January 10, 2011 at 8:28 am |
  10. Imagine No Religion

Well, I can rest easier now that jeebus jr has spoken.

January 8, 2011 at 4:36 pm |
    • Anglican

Such a pleasent little atheist hanging out on a belief blog. Go out and help your fellow man.

January 8, 2011 at 4:45 pm |
    • Imagine No Religion

@Anglican

I already do, without the shackles or pretense of people like you.

January 8, 2011 at 4:48 pm |
    • Don

And how is it that you're helping YOUR fellow man by being here, Anglican? Hmm?

January 8, 2011 at 9:44 pm |
  11. dav

why havn't the experts said something about the worldwide die offs. Some scientist must know something. Some vet must have examined the birds from ark. by now? The u of ark. must have some info. This speculation is ridiculus. Is anyone interested in the truth?????

January 8, 2011 at 3:01 pm |
    • Anglican

Necropsy revealed massive trauma. Most likely was a weather phenom. Wind updraft. Was also possibility of lightning.

January 8, 2011 at 3:26 pm |
  12. M. Perea

No offense to none of you, I like to respect everyone's beliefs and opinions. But if you ever read The Bible, check Noel 9:11 where God makes a promise to Noel about never again destroying humans and animals on earth and God also told him that the rainbow is a remainder of that promise. I believe this is the earth's way of getting back in shape, to it's natural being and we don't just know when is that time. We can just try and speculate. But expect great changes and be ready in every way and form you can. God will look over us, we just need to have faith and believe.

January 8, 2011 at 2:28 pm |
    • TruthBeTold

Apparently you don't read the BIBLE either. There is no such thing as the book of Noel. And God was speaking to Noah when he made that covenant.

January 8, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
  13. TheRationale

MAN THE BANANA GUNS!
    Why would anyone think that Kirk Cameron was an expert on anything except for credulous stupidity?

January 8, 2011 at 12:34 pm |
  14. john

The world will end until I say so...lol...seriously...think about all of these unpredictable questions. Are we actually the only species to speak verbally? Where, how, and who made us?? Are we all smarter than god? Are we caring about the future? ARE WE ALL THINKING OF SOMEDAY DYING? LIsten guys....forget about thinking of not/dying...we all know that.. WE AS HUMAS HAVE SOMETHING SURE ABOUT US..WE BORN..WE REPRODUCE..WE GROW..AND DYE...WE ARE ALL GOING TO DYE SOMEDAY...IT IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME..BUT i AM sure I am not going to spend my rest of the life ..thinking of when, or how I am going to pass away?....JUST ENJOY LIVING YOUR PERSONAL LIFE...BE THANKFUL!!!!!!! 🙂

January 8, 2011 at 12:33 pm |
  15. Apostle Eric vonAnderseck

Stephen Prothero says:“To put it another way, if Baptists were as overrepresented, proportionately, in this Congress as Episcopalians are, there would be 473 Baptists in the House and the Senate rather than just 68. And if Episcopalians were as underrepresented as Baptists there would be just 6 Episcopalians in Congress rather than 41. Looking at this new Pew Forum data through the prism of the DPI finds three overrepresented groups (with high DPIs):”
    Apostle Eric says; diversity doesn’t guarantee equity no more than darkness can create light. I believe that they are hoping that perhaps some ones faith will rectify the nations problems or perhaps if they all contributed their ‘gold ear rings’ that a magic calf will solve the problems as God will smile on their efforts. http://apostlestoday.net/

January 8, 2011 at 12:13 pm |
  16. Rocky Nunez

Really???? Kirk Cameron is an expert on end of world stuff ??? and Anderson Cooper is an expert on idiotic...right? GEEEZ! you actually call this news?? soooo...by CNN standards and Anderson Cooper's stupidity...if the earth is ever attacked by TRANSFORMERS...then by all means, ask an expert like Shia LaBeouf, cause...you know...he was in the movie Transformers...so he's an EXPERT! you dumb stupid 24/7 bunch of news idiots.

Kirk Cameron – LOLOL an expert??? LOLOLOL and anderson cooper is an expert IDIOT!
    God this is shameful...CNN...trying to e as stupid as Fox News

January 8, 2011 at 12:08 pm |
  17. Reality

Once a day WARNING for new commentators:

Sum Dude routinely updates the list of forbidden words/fragments.

January 8, 2011 at 11:35 am |
    • Preach Life

I totally agree! Mode-ration on free-dom of spe-ech? Those words are not pro-fanity! Soci-alist me-dia.

January 9, 2011 at 4:15 am |
  18. JAC GILES

SENT AT 15:34PM IN UK

January 8, 2011 at 10:35 am |
  19. JAC GILES

it's a sign the end is near,we are less than two years away from december 21 2012 – end of the world.But the truth is that the end could be anytime after april 23rd 2011,this year!Its a wakeup call to al of us!the dead animal veruety means
    (we are destroying wildlife)
    (death,we will all die)
    (In large groups)
    (all over the world)
    bare all the mild signs as shown above.

January 8, 2011 at 10:34 am |
    • Anglican

Are you Christian or Mayan?

January 8, 2011 at 11:01 am |
    • ugh

get a life .. what is wrong with people ONLY god knows when the world will end.

does everyone lead pathetic little unexciting lifes that they have to find something to excite and frighten them

and so what if the world ends, people experience much worse deaths like being murdered and not having a chance to say bye to there families. if we all die least there will be no sadnses and grief for anyone

January 8, 2011 at 11:07 am |
    • Reality

from Thomas Jefferson

"And the day will come, when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His Father, in the womb of a vir-gin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. "

– Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
      Letter to John Adams, from Monticello, April 11, 1823.

January 8, 2011 at 11:38 am |
    • Reality

From Wikipedia:

"Nineteenth-century agnostic Robert G. Ingersoll branded Revelation "the insanest of all books".[30]

Thomas Jefferson omitted it along with most of the Biblical canon, from the Jefferson Bible, and wrote that at one time, he "considered it as merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams." [31]

Martin Luther "found it an offensive piece of work" and John Calvin "had grave doubts about its value."[32]

January 8, 2011 at 11:40 am |
    • David Johnson

@ugh

You said: "get a life .. what is wrong with people ONLY god knows when the world will end."

But there is no god... Don't you read my comments?

Cheers!

January 8, 2011 at 12:53 pm |
    • Don

Earth to whack-tard: the world will not end in 2012.

January 8, 2011 at 9:42 pm |
    • Purecountry

Were all gonna die period, only idiots believe another mans drunken ramblings, people like you are the worst kind, believe in nothing but speak everything, just for the sake of talking.

January 9, 2011 at 7:43 pm |
    • Frogist

Ok is it just me? Or is the internet the new place to stand with a homemade cardboard sign telling everyone, "The End is Nigh"?

January 10, 2011 at 11:48 am |
  20. Anglican

Ok, even as a Christian, I can not help but comment. A "Left Behind " actor has become a prophet. OMGod.

January 8, 2011 at 10:27 am |
    • David Johnson

Actually, this is the first time I have ever heard Kirk Cameron say anything close to being intelligent.

I wish there were more fundies like him.

Cheers!

January 8, 2011 at 12:51 pm |
    • NL

Anglican-
      It's like I was saying to you guys in the fat girl tread: Beware of wooden prophets! Your Bible even warns you of this, no?

Besides, he's an actor. What makes them, or any other celebrity, believe that their opinions are any more wise than actual experts? Some of them are pretty bright, and have shown some real insight in the causes they support, but some others were only successful because they were lucky, or good looking.

January 8, 2011 at 2:21 pm |
    • Tiff

When did he claim to be a prophet? AC asked him and Kirk said " I think they should call a Vetrinarian"

January 10, 2011 at 6:14 pm |