home
RSS
January 8th, 2011

Kirk Cameron: Dead birds aren't the end of the world

After thousands of birds mysteriously fell out of the sky in Arkansas on New Year's Eve, it was only natural that Anderson Cooper turned to an expert for an explanation. Enter Kirk Cameron.

The former "Growing Pains" star — a born-again Christian who has appeared in movies based on the end-of-days-themed "Left Behind" books — appeared on "Anderson Cooper 360" to discuss whether he thought the dead birds were a sign of the apocalypse.

"Well, I first think that they ought to call a veterinarian, not me. You know, I'm not the religious-conspiracy-theorist go-to guy, particularly," Cameron said. "But I think it's really kind of silly to try to equate birds falling out of the sky with some kind of an end-times theory."

Read the full story on CNN's Marquee Blog.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Bible • Christianity

1. The Watcher

So oh wise Don, who are the "strong minded" you speak of? Don't say Hitler, we destroyed him. I am curoius since i listed a few of what I considered strong minded people that you must be telling me all those are weak minded people. I find this conversation we have now to be something of a pleasure for you and a challenge for me.
    PS how old are you? I feel like I am talking to a misleaded kid......

January 9, 2011 at 6:44 pm |
    • Don

I certainly wouldn't say Hitler, since Hitler was catholic.

The strong minded are those who reject faith.

PS, how old are you–12? You're quite immature.

January 9, 2011 at 7:03 pm |
  2. The Watcher

no i have not tried Doves blood to cure leprosy.......I have no idea Don, does it? Soap works a a preventive to leprosy....

January 9, 2011 at 5:26 pm |
    • Don

You seem to have missed my point.

January 9, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  3. The Watcher

Seriously Don, do your really believe a person who has no faith be it a God, gods or even aliens is the is still the stronger thinking mind?? Many of the greatest minds in our history had faith of some kind. Yes even Einstein belived in God. But I suppose even he was "weak minded" along with Newton, Socrates, Plato The Egyptains and even the Maya's (who inventented the Binary Code which is the heart of our computer processing lauguage today) and all tho other's weak minded "faith believing" group.
    what planet do you reside in??
    Rethink what you wrote......Don

January 9, 2011 at 5:16 pm |
    • Don

Rethink what you wrote. Faith is for the weak-minded. And appealing to authority as you tried is a fallacy.

January 9, 2011 at 5:18 pm |
    • HotAirAce

Go read a biography about Einstein, or read some of his statements about god and religion. Believing that Einstein believed in god is part of your delusional belief, not reality.

January 9, 2011 at 5:38 pm |
  4. Daniel

Have you read the following Scriptures?

Zephaniah 1:3 (says God will kill the birds and fish on the Day when He destroys the wicked)

Hosea 4:1-3 (says God will kill the birds and fish of a wicked nation as a warning/judgment)

Jeremiah 12:4 (God says He will kill the birds and fish because the nation is wicked)

Ezekiel 38:20 (God says He will cause all birds, fish, and people to tremble at His Presence on the Day when He reveals Himself to mankind by destroying Gog of Magog.

January 9, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • Don

And have you read Leviticus, which states that bats are birds and the blood of doves cures leprosy?

January 9, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
    • Muneef

Daniel.

Yes I think I know what you want to say, it is about the Mxcn gulf oil pollution and now the birds?
      Would it be possible that some group arrange for things to happen as per bible to make you think it is the awaited signs and that it is the end of life? You know just holly wood films make believe? Which would mean what happened in the gulf was no accident and since birds fly every year in immigration and nothing as that happened before that they fall dead ! Well then this was some thing planed to happen? But just wonder what is the point other than creation panic?

January 9, 2011 at 7:29 pm |
    • Muneef

Al-Mulk sura 67:
      Behold they not the birds above them, outstretching their wings and they also withdraw them? Naught holdeth them except the Compassionate. Verily He is of everything Beholder. (19).

January 9, 2011 at 7:36 pm |
  5. The Watcher

actually that comment is weak minded. some of us study all the religions.... i have chosen my religion but I study all simple becuase I have spent my life on three continents. North African, South Europe and USA. I had to learn English, Greek, Arabic, French and a little Italian. Sad to say I have forgotten all but English and Greek. but the point is two first to discredit that I am weak minded and secondly I have lived with many (no less then two years in one country) and have learned many different societies. Thusly, gave me the appreciation of the different societies and their histories. So I study everyones religion. I am American and choose Christianity, But I do respect others beliefs.
    But to imply An athiest (not me) is weak minded to an Agnostic is crazy. Atleast the Atheist believe in something Agnosistics believe in nothing. Agnostics are the weak minded.

January 9, 2011 at 4:37 pm |
  6. The Watcher

i agree with what you say, KNOW WHAT but then I that why I have choosen the history of all religions to study from in hope's to find as many simalarities as i can between all of them. to fortify the Bible, Yes the Books of God and Christ no dout are not exactly as they were told but i feel the meanings are still there. But regardless to anyone best to have some faith then no faith.

January 9, 2011 at 3:00 pm |
    • Don

Why? Faith is for the weak-minded and those who hate thinking.

January 9, 2011 at 4:14 pm |
    • Anglican

Don. That is absolute bunk. I have forgotten how many degrees I have. How is your physics and chemistry courses going these days, as well as the Atheology degree you just got from 400 year old college of atheology In the UK? I challenge you to show up in one of my trauma rooms, and say the above. I will put you back together. Not because it is what I do, but also because I try to help my fellow man whether he says I am a fool or not. Crap, I forgot about medical school and a bazillion years in residency. Peace

January 9, 2011 at 5:05 pm |
    • Don

Anglican, it would go better for you if you stopped lying.

January 9, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • Anglican

Don. I do this not to build myself up. You are the one who said the Faithful are essentially fools and hate learning. Are you saying I am not who I say I am? You call me weak-minded and a hater of knowledge, then you turn around and call me a liar. I think you are a very sad and uneducated person with much hate. I am sorry.

January 9, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@Anglican

No number of degrees, especially when claimed by an anonymous poster, in any way proves or even supports belief in god or your favorite imaginary friend jc. I place far greater faith in what folks such as Einstein, Hawking and Dawkins have to say about god and religion. Unless you have new evidence or a new argument that has not surfaced in 2000+ years, you are just another hopeful believer with nothing to support your beliefs except a man made book that says "believe me because I say you must."

January 9, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
    • Don

I agree that you're full of hate and a sad, pathetic, uneducated person, Anglican. You don't like being called on your lies? Then don't lie!

January 9, 2011 at 5:51 pm |
    • Anglican

HotAirAce. I agree four or forty degrees do not have much to do with all this, and I certainly pall in comparison to Einstein. My comment was regarding Don's rant regarding the quest for learning. I really would like to attend him one day. I am no fool.

January 9, 2011 at 6:42 pm |
    • Don

So you think that I'm saying you're a fool in all areas? Wow–you're very insecure, Anglican. You should do something about YOUR feeling of inadequacy.

January 9, 2011 at 7:04 pm |
    • Anglican

Don.. I think you are an ant. Peace.

January 9, 2011 at 7:15 pm |
    • Don

Then why are you so upset, Anglican?

January 9, 2011 at 7:31 pm |
    • Anglican

Don. You say Christians or people of faith are weak-minded (fool or ?) and hate learning. I rebuke you with my credentials and you call me a liar. BS 1983, MD 1988 , Boarded in 1993. Fellowship 1994, Boarded again, Theology 2009. You say I am a liar. Well I am not. Peace.

January 9, 2011 at 7:45 pm |
    • Don

You're a liar and you have an inferiority complex, Anglican.

January 9, 2011 at 8:16 pm |
    • Anglican

DON Live in your ignorance. You deny my faith as you deny my education. I have nothing to prove to an uneducated ant. May God have mercy on you.

January 9, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
    • Don

No Anglican, I live in reality. You live in constant mortal fear that you're really uneducated. Here's the thing: I just said you were weak-minded for your faith. I didn't say anything else about you. You could be educated up the wazoo, but still weak-minded for your faith. YOU need to work on getting over YOUR insecurities. Don't blame me for YOUR neuroses.

January 9, 2011 at 9:28 pm |
    • Anglican

Don. Just a thought. In psychiatry, there is something caused projection. I have never mentioned any notion of neurosis or inferiority. (I have real job, and spend time on this Belief blog waiting on lab and scrubs, not clothes but techs. I am only defending myself to a poor pitiful human). Projection is what you project to another when it is actually your psychosocial issues you have so much problem with. I love my Lord, and I will go back on call in 24 hours. I am sure you will return to you seeking and empty life quiet soon. The funny thing is that I visit my Lords altar each morning before work for prayer, and I will pray for your health and safety. Not because you need it, but it is what I do to those whose paths I cross. Peace be with you.

January 9, 2011 at 9:48 pm |
    • Don

Anglican, it's quite clear from the fact that you somehow believe that my statement that you're weak-minded because of your faith means that I believe you're completely stupid (which I do not believe) that you have some sort of complex regarding your actual intelligence. You have attributed to me a belief I do not have. You are projecting YOUR inferiority complex onto me as a superiority complex I somehow have over you. This is completely wrong, and you need to fix your mind.

And nothing fails like prayer.

January 9, 2011 at 10:05 pm |
    • saltshaker

@Don - You have faith, only of a different kind. From your comments, I perceive that you have faith in your own experience and interpretations of the world around you. You gather evidence, analyze it and make your own decision. Yet do you not grant another the same right, because their conclusion differs from your own? I think you need to be honest with yourself about your faith, and let others be honest about theirs without insult.

January 9, 2011 at 10:11 pm |
    • Don

No, I have no faith at all. Please do not ascribe your mental failing to me.

January 9, 2011 at 11:09 pm |
    • Anglican

don. I now know what this is all about. Fear. You are fearful. I am not saying anything about faith or religion or the lack there of. You fear. My God be with you whether you love Him or not. Peace.

January 9, 2011 at 11:24 pm |
    • saltshaker

@Don, I gather that you have great faith in your "mental" abilities, and very little faith in mine. At least be honest about it. You wouldn't be standing your ground so firmly if you didn't.

January 9, 2011 at 11:40 pm |
    • Don

No, I do not have any faith at all. Please do not ascribe to me your failings.

January 10, 2011 at 9:06 am |
    • Don

Anglican, your posts show that you're terrified that people will find out that you're a poseur.

And there is no god.

January 10, 2011 at 9:07 am |
    • Frogist

@Don & Anglican: Can we just settle this with a three count in a vat of Jello like any other resonable human beings?

January 10, 2011 at 12:11 pm |
  7. DHayes

I live in a county that for some reason, permits poisoning of starlings, which I have a hard time believing that this does not cause a domino effect... all the way to our ground water. Perchance this is what happened in these other states?

January 9, 2011 at 2:31 pm |
  8. Know What

"...the answers you seek are in the BOOK. Not someone else telling you what they mean."

The words in that book are suspect... all the way back to the oral retelling of them and to the first scribes who wrote them down to the translators and priests, committees, councils and kings who chose which ones to include.

January 9, 2011 at 2:18 pm |
    • Anglican

Scripture, tradition, and reason.

January 9, 2011 at 2:30 pm |
    • Know What

Myth, legend, fantasy and superst!tion.

January 9, 2011 at 2:35 pm |
    • Anglican

No, three components, not four.

January 9, 2011 at 2:37 pm |
    • HotAirAce

1- crap!

January 9, 2011 at 3:08 pm |
    • Anglican

HotAirAce. ...and a happy afternoon to you too. Peace.

January 9, 2011 at 3:12 pm |
    • saltshaker

So what you're saying is that man is fallible?

January 9, 2011 at 10:04 pm |
  9. The Watcher

....hmm there is a verse in revelations .....2.6 maybe. Basically Christ says he does hate people that speak the words of Christ and God by people who twist them for their on personal gains and misinformed people (I cannot remeber the name he used and im not looking at a bible at the moment) by such creatures called Evengelists and something about he despises them so much he would lay them in beds of sulfar........... so if some are true or not......then need to watch their "backsides" regardless.

Personally, if i am right or wrong I believe the answers you seek are in the BOOK. Not someone else telling you what they mean. It is upon every man to interpret the word of God. hopefully....correctly. I believe this is why he did not take knowlege from us after the Eden fiasco.

January 9, 2011 at 2:08 pm |
  10. Gary

@ Anglican my spew made perfect sense I rattled off just a short list of evangelicals who had thousands of followers and some are still in operation today. Bakker,Swaggert have made enormous comebacks, Jim Jones and koresh are both dead but had several hundred followers. Slvester Stallon a hollywood type has made many references to Catholism and how he and his family were chosen by God.

January 9, 2011 at 12:13 pm |
  11. The Watcher

Well guys, this post began one one subject soon to be folloewed by anther subject, and then another subject..... Point being, this post is scatered.... I'll start with the begining of this post. Before I continue though I will let everyone know I am a Christian, an Orthodox Christian (anybody does not know what an Orthodox is it means the originial Christian sect. from the path of the Apostiles teaching as they traveled from Jeruselem to Italy. But all being the same I am just not from "new Christianity". As long as you are Christian you are Christian.
    I had to explain this first so I may get some creditabilty from some.
    Revelations means Revelations you wont know when the world will end or anything as such because it has yet to be Reveled...Revelation-
    You just have to to what right in gods eyes and all will work out when things come to be Reveled.....
    I also study religious history from all Civilizations from the beginig of time. plenty of Paganism plenty of one God and what i have found remarkable is all of them have a Alpha to Omega. What I found interesting with the Maya's (not Mayains) is how intelegent they were. Yes their calander runs out in Dec. 2011. But I also know as they reached those predictions they were stopped by the spanished who invaded the Maya's and all works were stopped and destroyed per the Spanish. So there could have been more writen but we will never know. So say its the the end of the world other say it would be an enlightend era ( we need that for sure).
    What ever it means one thing is for certian it is out of our hands, so my only thing to tell you guys is believe in God and all will be good in the end.

PS> love the Word play its very funny and entertaining. Just don't fight between yourselves. God won't think much about that. Athiest's find what you need, Agnostic's open your eyes.

January 9, 2011 at 11:34 am |
  12. Muneef

When Mahatma Gandhi was in South Africa, an Englishman asked Gandhijee,

"Why do you Indians have different coloured skins? Look at us, we all have the same colour".

Gandhi replied, "Thoroughbred Horses have different colours, but all Donkeys have the same colour!"

January 9, 2011 at 6:55 am |
  13. Muneef

Well seems the po-or birds go round the world in peace and until they reach America then they either die by;
    -By oil pol-lut-ed Seas !
    -By Industrial or flying Airplanes pol-lut-ed Skies !
    -By ending up hitting sky-scrap-ers glass windows !
    Always the weakest of creatures pay the price even humans do !?

January 9, 2011 at 5:48 am |
    • Reality

Muslims demonize themselves via the history of Islam as seen in their founder, an illiterate, hallucinating, warmongering, greedy and lust-filled, long-dead Arab. As long as the Worst Book Ever Written aka koran is the operating manual of Islam, Muslims of any stripe cannot be trusted. And this ladies and gentlemen is why Islam will crash someday in a whirlwind of common sense and rational thinking but first the Five Steps to Deprogram Islam must be promulgated in the Islamic world which at the moment is difficult because of imams and their assassin and terror go-ons who terrorize thinking Muslims and non-Muslims with bombings, stabbings, beheadings and stonings all in the name of allah.

If you have a Muslim friend/neighbor, please print out a copy of the Five Steps and give it to them.

January 9, 2011 at 12:45 pm |
  14. Muneef

The hour had signs already given which can be found in Hadith that I do not memorize....

January 9, 2011 at 5:22 am |
    • Muneef

Any way the hour was estimated to come after The Corruptor, Gog-Magog and the return of Jesus the Messiah to kill the Corrupter "Dijjal" and bring peace to Earth for a while longer but then no repentance said would be accepted being too late !?

January 9, 2011 at 5:57 am |
    • Reality

January 9, 2011 at 12:44 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@Muneef

Where does your religion put us on this timeline? Which of the significant events you listed have already occurred and when will the next one take place?

January 9, 2011 at 12:50 pm |
    • Muneef

HotAirAce.
      Nop do not want to open talks with you then you start calling names! Better look for you self here one by one

January 9, 2011 at 7:15 pm |
    • Muneef

HotAirAce.
      Another one for you;

January 9, 2011 at 7:21 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@Muneef

I went to the sites you provided but didn't find a defintive "we are here" statement. I was hoping for a list of events with a clear statement that they had or had not occurred – kind of a check list towards The Day of Judgement. But I guess there is no such thing, and you, like the christians, are still waiting for the myths you believe to become reality.

January 9, 2011 at 11:42 pm |
    • Muneef

HotAirAce.
      Actually at the second link already some minor signs has occurred but non of the major of course ...!!!

January 10, 2011 at 7:29 am |
    • HotAirAce

@Muneef

We agree on where things are at – 1 or 2 "minors," but 0 "majors.". This I good news as I am planning to retire in 2012 and was concerned that it would be a very brief retirement if the Mayans were correct...

January 10, 2011 at 7:52 pm |
    • Muneef

HotAirAce,
      Never say like that again as no one but God knows when and it could be tonight or tomorrow or after thousands of years ?? Read those;

Al-Araf sura 07:
      They ask thee of the (destined) Hour, when will it come to port. Say: Knowledge thereof is with my Lord only. He alone will manifest it at its proper time. It is heavy in the heavens and the earth. It cometh not to you save unawares. They question thee as if thou couldst be well informed thereof. Say: Knowledge thereof is with Allah only, but most of mankind know not. (187) Say: For myself I have no power to benefit, nor power to hurt, save that which Allah willeth. Had I knowledge of the Unseen, I should have abundance of wealth, and adversity would not touch me. I am but a warner, and a bearer of good tidings unto folk who believe. (188).

Yusuf sura 12:
      How many a portent is there in the heavens and the earth which they pass by with face averted! (105) And most of them believe not in Allah except that they attribute partners (unto Him). (106) Deem they themselves secure from the coming on them of a pall of Allah's punishment, or the coming of the Hour suddenly while they are unaware? (107) Say: This is my Way: I call on Allah with sure knowledge. I and whosoever followeth me – Glory be to Allah! – and I am not of the idolaters. (108).

Al-Hijr sura 15:
      We created not the heavens and the earth and all that is between them save with truth, and lo! the Hour is surely coming. So forgive, (O Muhammad), with a gracious forgiveness. (85) Lo! Thy Lord! He is the All-Wise Creator. (86).

An-Nahl sura 16:
      And unto Allah belongeth the Unseen of the heavens and the earth, and the matter of the Hour (of Doom) is but as a twinkling of the eye, or it is nearer still. Lo! Allah is Able to do all things. (77).

Ta-Ha sura 20:
      Hath there come unto thee the story of Moses? (9) When he saw a fire and said unto his folk: Wait! Lo! I see a fire afar off. Peradventure I may bring you a brand therefrom or may find guidance at the fire. (10) And when he reached it, he was called by name: O Moses! (11) Lo! I, even I, am thy Lord, So take off thy shoes, for lo! thou art in the holy valley of Tuwa. (12) And I have chosen thee, so hearken unto that which is inspired. (13) Lo! I, even I, am Allah, There is no God save Me. So serve Me and establish worship for My remembrance. (14) Lo! the Hour is surely coming. But I will to keep it hidden, that every soul may be rewarded for that which it striveth (to achieve). (15) Therefor, let not him turn thee aside from (the thought of) it who believeth not therein but followeth his own desire, lest thou perish. (16).

Al-Hajj sura 22:
      In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
      O mankind! Fear your Lord. Lo! the earthquake of the Hour (of Doom) is a tremendous thing. (1) On the day when ye behold it, every nursing mother will forget her nursling and every pregnant one will be delivered of her burden, and thou (Muhammad) wilt see mankind as drunken, yet they will not be drunken, but the Doom of Allah will be strong (upon them). (2).

Al-Ahzab sura 33:
      Men ask thee of the Hour. Say: The knowledge of it is with Allah only. What can convey (the knowledge) unto thee? It may be that the Hour is nigh. (63).

Ash-Shura sura 42:
      Allah it is Who hath revealed the Scripture with truth, and the Balance. How canst thou know? It may be that the Hour is nigh. (17) Those who believe not therein seek to hasten it, while those who believe are fearful of it and know that it is the Truth.Beware! They who dispute concerning the Hour are far astray (18) Allah is gracious unto His slaves. He provideth for whom He will. And He is the Strong, the Mighty. (19) Whoso desireth the harvest of the Hereafter, We give him increase in its harvest. And whoso desireth the harvest of the world, We give him thereof, and he hath no portion in the Hereafter. (20).

Az-Zukhruf sura 43:
      Await they aught save the Hour, that it shall come upon them suddenly, when they know not? (66) Friends on that Day will be foes one to another, save those who kept their duty (to Allah). (67).

Al-Jathiya sura 45:
      And unto Allah belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth; and on the day when the Hour riseth, on that day those who follow falsehood will be lost. (27) And thou wilt see each nation crouching, each nation summoned to its record. (And it will be said unto them): This day ye are requited what ye used to do. (28) This Our Book pronounceth against you with truth. Lo! We have caused (all) that ye did to be recorded. (29) Then, as for those who believed and did good works, their Lord will bring them in unto His mercy. That is the evident triumph. (30) And as for those who disbelieved (it will be said unto them): Were not Our revelations recited unto you? But ye were scornful and became a guilty folk. (31) And when it was said: Lo! Allah's promise is the truth, and there is no doubt of the Hour's coming, ye said: We know not what the Hour is. We deem it naught but a conjecture, and we are by no means convinced. (32) And the evils of what they did will appear unto them, and that which they used to deride will befall them. (33) And it will be said: This day We forget you, even as ye forgot the meeting of this your day; and your habitation is the Fire, and there is none to help you. (34) This, forasmuch as ye made the revelations of Allah a jest, and the life of the world beguiled you. Therefor this day they come not forth from thence, nor can they make amends. (35) Then praise be to Allah, Lord of the heavens and Lord of the earth, the Lord of the Worlds. (36) And unto Him (alone) belongeth Majesty in the heavens and the earth, and He is the Mighty, the Wise. (37).

Al-Qamar 54:
      In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
      The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain. (1) And if they behold a portent they turn away and say: Prolonged illusion. (2) They denied (the Truth) and followed their own lusts. Yet everything will come to a decision (3) And surely there hath come unto them news whereof the purport should deter, (4) Effective wisdom; but warnings avail not. (5) So withdraw from them (O Muhammad) on the day when the Summoner summoneth unto a painful thing. (6) With downcast eyes, they come forth from the graves as they were locusts spread abroad, (7) Hastening toward the summoner; the disbelievers say: This is a hard day. (8).

An-Naziat 79:
      They ask thee of the Hour: when will it come to port? (42) Why (ask they)? What hast thou to tell thereof? (43) Unto thy Lord belongeth (knowledge of) the term thereof. (44) Thou art but a warner unto him who feareth it. (45) On the day when they behold it, it will be as if they had but tarried for an evening or the morn thereof. (46).

January 10, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@Muneef

I understand your book of myths and the christian's both say that noone will know the time. I based my comments on the material you pointed me too. From memory, no major events have occurred and if they do occur, some will last a few years or there will some time before the next event, so I should be ok and have a few years of retirement, even if the exact date/time is not known.

But I place my greatest hope for a long and peaceful retirement in the utter failure of all previous predictions and timings. My personal favourite in this area is Marilyn Agee – as long as she's making predictions, I know we've got lots of time...

January 11, 2011 at 1:01 am |
  15. salamander

guess what we survived y2k and 6/6/06 so I think we will survive again through another hoax!!!!!!

January 9, 2011 at 12:51 am |
    • Gary

dead birds and fish not a Hoax sadly...perhaps a terrorist byproduct of poison or some kind of chemical contamination which the government is not being forthright with us. . I agree with your position on "end time predictions" I replied to you mainly cause in 80 I was with a few cave dwellers and found a new species of Salamander living in caves in Texas.

January 9, 2011 at 12:35 pm |
  16. Mad Panda

Jenny McCarthy and Cameron should form a team to save the world. The logical atheist's worst nightmare!

January 9, 2011 at 12:32 am |
    • NL

Yes, Jenny McCarthy proves the point that no amount of evidence can ever dissuade a True Believer. Andrew Wakefield has been totally discredited, but his supporters still 'know' that he proved the MMR – autism link.

January 9, 2011 at 12:41 am |
  17. Melissa

WOW! I'm so glad we have actors to help us think, as we've forgotten how to do it on our own. And why do these forums always boil down to a religious debate? Live and let live...if you're secure in your beliefs, you shouldn't be threatened by someone elses. Come on people now.......

January 8, 2011 at 11:58 pm |
    • Preach Life

Smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another, Right now.

January 9, 2011 at 4:32 am |
  18. Anglican

My only problem with Cameron is his association with the Left Behind series. Most Christians, worldwide as well as I, do not find any Biblical basis for the rapture. This two-hundred year old interpretation of First Thess implies an up stairs, down stairs dualistic separation of Heaven and earth in the end. Also, the series was addressed to children, fostering fear rather than love of our Lord. I am sure he is a good man, and I probably should have reserved my opinion.

January 8, 2011 at 11:41 pm |
    • Gary

Anglican, your opinion welcome by me. Its still a free country for the time being I do appreciate your reply's. You brought up an excellent point. "fostering fear rather than God's love" We certain Christians adv me no matter how I live my life or what I do if I dont accept their lord I am doomed to h-ell. I consider that fostering fear and even hate. You mentioned a couple days ago on a reply you believed earth is millions of years old and you understood Geology transformations of planet earth. I really do respect you for that. My dad is a devout Methodist and was a Geologist (retired) he but-ted heads with many @ his church and fundies he taught ...

January 9, 2011 at 12:06 pm |

Peace.

January 9, 2011 at 1:25 pm |
  19. Gary

@ Anglican who else makes a better prophet? Stallon?, Koresh? Jim Jones? Swaggert? Haggerd? Bakker? Rev Wright? Jessie Jackson? Bob Tilman? TD Jake-ass?

January 8, 2011 at 11:24 pm |
    • Anglican

Gary, Spew something that makes sense. I do not get your point. Who is Stallon?

January 9, 2011 at 12:31 am |
  20. Gary

@ Anglican...why cant Kirk Cameron be a prophet? He studies the bible inside and out. He grew up in and had a profession as a child in an extreme secular business. He peeled away from liberal unholy wood and became an evangelists. He turned down drugs women and all flesh desires to preach his faith. As an agnostic I actually respect him very much. I like that he practices what he preaches.

January 8, 2011 at 11:13 pm |

January 9, 2011 at 12:26 am |
    • NL

Anglican-
      Actually, there is a separate series for children called Left Behind, The Kids. The simple Left Behind series, sadly, was aimed at adults, I presume.

January 10, 2011 at 8:33 am |