home
RSS
January 8th, 2011

Kirk Cameron: Dead birds aren't the end of the world

After thousands of birds mysteriously fell out of the sky in Arkansas on New Year's Eve, it was only natural that Anderson Cooper turned to an expert for an explanation. Enter Kirk Cameron.

The former "Growing Pains" star — a born-again Christian who has appeared in movies based on the end-of-days-themed "Left Behind" books — appeared on "Anderson Cooper 360" to discuss whether he thought the dead birds were a sign of the apocalypse.

"Well, I first think that they ought to call a veterinarian, not me. You know, I'm not the religious-conspiracy-theorist go-to guy, particularly," Cameron said. "But I think it's really kind of silly to try to equate birds falling out of the sky with some kind of an end-times theory."

Read the full story on CNN's Marquee Blog.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Bible • Christianity

1. KTully

Does anyone else see the problem with asking an actor - who admittedly is a Christian who, yes appeared in those movies - to be a spokeperson for Christianity? How about a mainline theologian, or (as the media is prone to do) two theologians from opposing views to comment. But - I gotta give it to Cameron for his response. I appreciate him NOT being sucked into the set-up.

January 13, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
  2. Muneef

Signs...
    Heavy Floods and mud slides in Brazil + Heavy Floods in the Philippines...and in Sri Lanka...

January 13, 2011 at 9:24 am |
    • Muneef

Adding Thiland floods...volcano in Italy.... We should expect soon to see heavy hunger and starvation coming in the way as results of such floods... Wonder if we should expect gog and mugog soon ?

January 13, 2011 at 10:02 am |
    • Muneef

HotAirAce.

Kindly just check the link;

January 13, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  3. zyrlu

"...birds falling from the sky? That has to do more with pagan mythology...' Cameron said. Sound like someone is either in denial or tired of his own shtick. Cameron is placing blame on the Pagans, when it is in the Old Testament in his bible that holds accounts of Rocks falling from the sky in the book of Joshua. Remember, the 10 plagues of Egypt Kirk – frogs falling from the sky, also gnats, flies, hail, locust? Own up to the rediculousness you believe in.

January 12, 2011 at 2:01 pm |
  4. Muneef

Signs...

January 12, 2011 at 12:46 pm |
    • Muneef

Al-Anbiya sura 21:
      In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Now We have revealed unto you a Scripture wherein is your Reminder. Have ye then no sense? (10) How many a community that dealt unjustly have We shattered, and raised up after them another folk! (11) And, when they felt Our might, behold them fleeing from it! (12) (But it was said unto them): Flee not, but return to that (existence) which emasculated you and to your dwellings, that ye may be questioned. (13) They cried: Alas for us! Lo! we were wrong-doers. (14) And this their crying ceased not till We made them as reaped corn, extinct. (15) We created not the heaven and the earth and all that is between them in play. (16) If We had wished to find a pastime, We could have found it in Our presence – if We ever did. (17) Nay, but We hurl the true against the false, and it doth break its head and lo! it vanisheth. And yours will be woe for that which ye ascribe (unto Him). (18).

Al-Anbiya
      Lo! this, your religion, is one religion, and I am your Lord, so worship Me. (92) And they have broken their religion (into fragments) among them, (yet) all are returning unto Us. (93) Then whoso doeth some good works and is a believer, there will be no rejection of his effort. Lo! We record (it) for him. (94) And there is a ban upon any community which We have destroyed: that they shall not return. (95) Until, when Gog and Magog are let loose, and they hasten out of every mound, (96) And the True Promise draweth nigh; then behold them, staring wide (in terror), the eyes of those who disbelieve! (They say): Alas for us! We (lived) in forgetfulness of this. Ah, but we were wrong-doers! (97) Lo! ye (idolaters) and that which ye worship beside Allah are fuel of hell. Thereunto ye will come. (98) If these had been Gods they would not have come thither, but all will abide therein. (99) Therein wailing is their portion, and therein they hear not. (100) Lo! those unto whom kindness hath gone forth before from Us, they will be far removed from thence. (101) They will not hear the slightest sound thereof, while they abide in that which their souls desire. (102) The Supreme Horror will not grieve them, and the angels will welcome them, (saying): This is your Day which ye were promised; (103) The Day when We shall roll up the heavens as a recorder rolleth up a written scroll. As We began the first creation, We shall repeat it. (It is) a promise (binding) upon Us. Lo! We are to perform it. (104) And verily we have written in the Scripture, after the Reminder: My righteous slaves will inherit the earth: (105) Lo! there is a plain statement for folk who are devout. (106) We sent thee not save as a mercy for the peoples. (107) Say: It is only inspired in me that your God is One God. Will ye then surrender (unto Him)? (108) But if they are averse, then say: I have warned you all alike, although I know not whether nigh or far is that which ye are promised. (109) Lo! He knoweth that which is said openly, and that which ye conceal. (110) And I know not but that this may be a trial for you, and enjoyment for a while. (111) He saith: My Lord! Judge Thou with truth. Our Lord is the Beneficent, Whose help is to be implored against that which ye ascribe (unto Him). (112)

January 12, 2011 at 2:02 pm |
    • Muneef

Signs towards The Last Hour.
      Due to an accident with a tanker early this morning at St. Goar on the Rhine, the German water police has shut down the Rhine at the scene of the accident. The tanker, loaded with 2400 tons of sulfuric acid capsized.
      There were no indications that the ship was leaking, and testing on the Rhine downstream showed no abnormalities, the Associated Press reported. Sulfuric acid is soluble in water and has many uses in the chemical industry, including for lead-acid car batteries and oil refining. The ship was traveling from Ludwigshafen in southern Germany to Antwerp, Belgium.

January 13, 2011 at 6:11 am |
    • Muneef

Those called the Greats will bring the last Hour Before it's time with their acts...

Al-Naml sura 27:
      In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
      And there were in the city nine persons who made mischief in the land and reformed not. (48) They said: Swear one to another by Allah that we verily will attack him and his household by night, and afterward we will surely say unto his friend: We witnessed not the destruction of his household. And lo! we are truthtellers. (49) So they plotted a plot: and We plotted a plot, while they perceived not. (50) Then see the nature of the consequence of their plotting, for lo! We destroyed them and their people, every one. (51) See, yonder are their dwellings empty and in ruins because they did wrong. Lo! herein is indeed a portent for a people who have knowledge. (52) And we saved those who believed and used to ward off (evil). (53).

Al-Shuara sura 26:
      And obey not the command of the prodigal, (151) Who spread corruption in the earth, and reform not. (152).

January 13, 2011 at 6:24 am |
  5. Muneef

January 12, 2011 at 11:26 am |
  6. 1015KGB

Would everyone just relax. This planet will continue spinning, no UFOs will come visit, no end in sight. What happened to year 2012? Now folks are talkin about this March coming up. We are still here after silly folks mentioned of an end in 1999. All the Mayans did was smoke the funny stuff and cut open their own people. They were stoned half the time. Relax, have a hormone shake, keep watchin those silly Oprah shows and have a few laughs from The View clowns. As long as North Korea or Iran dont get a wild hair up thier behind we should be ok. And if it happens, well we'll meet our creator. Enjoy the ride, you only one chance. Carry On!!!!

January 11, 2011 at 9:14 pm |
    • Ecoherbalism

I never believed until i heard people comparing 2012 to the y2k which I remember the y2k as being a joke and it seemed like only little kids believed in this. 2012 is completely 100% different than 1999. How many pyramids, prophets and religions talked about 1999? NONE. Now what about 2012? All of them. Its scary to know that all the people that are suppose to be smart are making such arrogant statements and bringing something as silly as y2k up.

January 23, 2011 at 6:57 pm |
  7. Gary

I guess when "growing pains" was canceled it was the end of Kirk's world?

January 10, 2011 at 8:51 pm |
    • NL

Yes, when other teen stars, like Michael J. Fox, went on to successful movie careers he was 'Left Behind.' 😉

January 10, 2011 at 11:32 pm |
  8. Muneef

Daniel. If you are still there another fresh news for you to add for the fish issue;

Houston Ship Channel Closed By Beef Fat Spill

January 10, 2011 at 7:53 pm |
  9. The Watcher

Don, wow I agree with the last thing you said about predictions. This is what I was saying earlier I prefer people don't come up with becuasse who belive in Christianity, Jesus said the revelations will be revealed at the time thaty happen. I don't believe they have yet.

January 10, 2011 at 9:26 am |
  10. The Watcher

Muneef - actually the comment about reading and not being told, that i wrote is not as may have understood me.

The comment was directed towards the thousands of "Profets" who all reside un the US. point being read the book, understand the book, for there is Deception all over the World. Talk to the teachers of the book weather it be the Holy Bible or the Qu'ran or the Torah when you have questions about what you read. But nobody can tell you what to believe, you have to find for yourself what is right. God did give us free will. In the new testiment Revelations Jesus talks about his hatered of false profets and people that speak the word of God for personal gains or through Malice.

I have read the begining part of the Qu'ran but became frustrated, not what I read but the copy of the book for it was it was a combination of english on the left and 75% Arabic on the right side per page. What I was reading was similar to the Bible but then when Mosses (pronounced different in arabic) came down from the mountain with the word of God it was not on 2 stone tablets but on cloth ( i believe it was cloth but it was not stone). You see I am not Jewish but Christian which is a comb. of the the Old Testimant (Jewish) and the New Testimant (Christian). And the Old Testimant does say two stone tablets. I cannot understand why the Qu"ran would say different. The teaching of Mosses was several thousand years before the Qu'ran and I dont know why it wuould be changed in the Qu'ran. Kinda of the New guy on the block in religious history of one god. All three religions pray to one God and it is the same God.
    I did live in Norther Africa for three years and thats were I meet my Muslim brothers at. They were/are great and "normal" sad that certain Sects today would defile the word of god.....................

January 10, 2011 at 9:15 am |
    • Muneef

Al-Araf sura 07:
      In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
      And when We did appoint for Moses thirty nights (of solitude), and added to them ten, and he completed the whole time appointed by his Lord of forty nights; and Moses said unto his brother, Aaron: Take my place among the people. Do right, and follow not the way of mischief-makers. (142) And when Moses came to Our appointed tryst and his Lord had spoken unto him, he said: My Lord! Show me (Thy Self), that I may gaze upon Thee. He said: Thou wilt not see Me, but gaze upon the mountain! If it stand still in its place, then thou wilt see Me. And when his Lord revealed (His) glory to the mountain He sent it crashing down. And Moses fell down senseless. And when he woke he said: Glory unto Thee! I turn unto Thee repentant, and I am the first of (true) believers. (143) He said: O Moses! I have preferred thee above mankind by My messages and by My speaking (unto thee). So hold that which I have given thee, and be among the thankful. (144) And We wrote for him, upon the tablets, the lesson to be drawn from all things and the explanation of all things, then (bade him): Hold it fast; and command thy people (saying): Take the better (course made clear) therein. I shall show thee the abode of evil-livers. (145) I shall turn away from My revelations those who magnify themselves wrongfully in the earth, and if they see each token believe it not, and if they see the way of righteousness choose it nor for (their) way, and if they see the way of error choose if for (their) way. That is because they deny Our revelations and are used to disregard them. (146) Those who deny Our revelations and the meeting of the Hereafter, their works are fruitless. Are they requited aught save what they used to do? (147) And the folk of Moses, after (he left them), chose a calf (for worship), (made) out of their ornaments, of saffron hue, which gave a lowing sound. Saw they not that it spake not unto them nor guided them to any way? They chose it, and became wrong-doers. (148) And when they feared the consequences thereof and saw that they had gone astray, they said: Unless our Lord have mercy on us and forgive us, we verily are of the lost. (149) And when Moses returned unto his people, angry and grieved, he said: Evil is that (course) which ye took after I had left you. Would ye hasten on the judgment of your Lord? And he cast down the tablets, and he seized his brother by the head, dragging him toward him. He said: Son of my mother! Lo! the folk did judge me weak and almost killed me. Oh, make not mine enemies to triumph over me and place me not among the evil-doers. (150) He said: My Lord! Have mercy on me and on my brother; bring us into Thy mercy, Thou the Most Merciful of all who show mercy. (151) Lo! Those who chose the calf (for worship), terror from their Lord and humiliation will come upon them in the life of the world. Thus do We requite those who invent a lie. (152) But those who do ill-deeds and afterward repent and believe – lo! for them, afterward, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (153) Then, when the anger of Moses abated, he took up the tablets, and in their inscription there was guidance and mercy for all those who fear their Lord. (154) And Moses chose of his people seventy men for Our appointed tryst and, when the trembling came on them, he said: My Lord! If Thou hadst willed Thou hadst destroyed them long before, and me with them. Wilt thou destroy us for that which the ignorant among us did? It is but Thy trial (of us). Thou sendest whom Thou wilt astray and guidest whom Thou wilt: Thou art our Protecting Friend, therefore forgive us and have mercy on us, Thou, the Best of all who show forgiveness. (155).

January 10, 2011 at 7:36 pm |
    • Muneef

The Wather.
      Well do not know where you got your Quran but if you want to read better be from here where you have four translations to choose from but all end up saying the same thing ;
      We know it was stone tablets were used and never any cloth was used at least that what the Arabic word said but can not blame the Quran if the translator was not perfect or did it as deliberate harm to belief ...

January 10, 2011 at 7:43 pm |
  11. Earthman

How many have predicted a date when the world would end? Many. Each one has said that the info used to calculate the date was in the bible. It's amazing to me that they never notice the part where Jesus is asked when the day of judgement will be and he didn't know, nor the angels in heaven but only his father knew that day. It would seem that to a Christian, any mortal on Earth knowing what he did not, negates every thing he said. From what I can find in the bible it is not the end of the world that is being talked about but the, being put to ruin the ones who ruin the Earth. It says there will be a new heaven and a new Earth........ without any religion I hope.... for they are causing all the problems. They are a co-dependant way to develop a relationship with the Creator rather than stand before all the universe yourself, as an individual, taking responsibillity for your own thoughts and actions.

January 10, 2011 at 7:29 am |
  12. Bwydeman

We are living in the last days and Jesus is soon to come I disagree in what kirk is saying dead birds aren't the end of the world. It seems to me that he is saying not to take this seriously the people who died in the flood did not take Noahs message seriously and lost their lives. The Bible says "Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is." Mark 13:33. We should never be afraid of these phenomenons but these things should be fresh in our minds to Repent and ask Jesus to changes our hearts. To Katrina,Hati and other phenomenons Jesus is constantly warning us of his coming. In Philippians 4 it says Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. So don't fear cast all your anxieties on Jesus he will give you rest for you soul. Jesus said it very simple "Repent for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand" The Kingdom is right now already prepared for you all you have to do is believe in Jesus, remember this promise everyone its taken from John 14:1-4(NIV) and it says “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.” . Check out this study guide about the last days its called The Ultimate Deliverance and check out this website also Keep the Faith Ministry. Remember Jesus has all the questions and understands your worries God bless everyone and take care.

January 10, 2011 at 4:40 am |
    • Reality

Hmmm, "I am the Truth" i.e. John 14:6. This passage was, according to many NT exegetes, not said by the historical Jesus but was wishful thinking and an embellishment by John to make Jesus more like the ancient and local gods of first century Palestine. 210-. Place of Life: (1) Dial. Sav. 27-30, (2) John 14:2-12;

e.g. http://www.faithfutures.org/Jesus/Crossan2.rtf

A synopsis based on the findings of most contemporary historic Jesus experts:

Jesus was an illiterate Jewish peasant/carpenter/simple preacher man who suffered from hallucinations and who has been characterized anywhere from the Messiah from Nazareth to a mythical character from mythical Nazareth to a ma-mzer from Nazareth (Professor Bruce Chilton, in his book Rabbi Jesus). An-alyses of Jesus’ life by many contemporary NT scholars (e.g. Professors Crossan, Borg and Fredriksen, ) via the NT and related doc-uments have concluded that only about 30% of Jesus' sayings and ways noted in the NT were authentic. The rest being embellishments (e.g. miracles)/hallucinations made/had by the NT authors to impress various Christian, Jewish and Pagan se-cts.

The 30% of the NT that is "authentic Jesus" like everything in life was borrowed/plagiarized and/or improved from those who came before. In Jesus' case, it was the ways and sayings of the Babylonians, Greeks, Persians, Egyptians, Hit-ti-tes, Canaanites, OT, John the Baptizer and possibly the ways and sayings of traveling Greek Cynics.
      earlychristianwritings.com/theories.html

For added "pizz-azz", Catholic theologians divided god the singularity into three persons and invented atonement as an added guilt trip for the "pew people" to go along with this trinity of overseers. By doing so, they made god the padre into god the "fil-icider".

Current RCC problems:

Pedo-ph-iliac priests, an all-male, mostly white hierarchy, atonement theology and original sin!!!!

Luther, Calvin, Joe Smith, Henry VIII, Wesley, Roger Williams, the Great “Babs” et al, founders of Christian-based religions or combination religions also suffered from the belief in/hallucinations of "pretty wingie thingie" visits and "prophecies" for profits analogous to the myths of Catholicism (resurrections, apparitions, ascensions and immacu-late co-nceptions).

Current problems:

Adu-lterous preachers, "propheteering/ profiteering" evangelicals and atonement theology,

January 10, 2011 at 8:00 am |
    • David Johnson

@Bwydeman

You said: "We are living in the last days and Jesus is soon to come I disagree in what kirk is saying dead birds aren't the end of the world. It seems to me that he is saying not to take this seriously the people who died in the flood did not take Noahs message seriously and lost their lives."

Dude! A worldwide flood never happened. The flood was at best a local event. At worst it was just a remake of other fairy tales.

Who should we believe? A fellow who hangs with a fellow, who believes bananas were created as is, by god, or you?

Jesus predicted He would be back in the first century. He didn't. 'Cause, He died.

Love and Prayers!

January 10, 2011 at 12:14 pm |
  13. Daniel

I don't know for sure what is happening. I don't know if its a fulfilment of the Scriptures or not, but it definitely falls in line perfectly with Hosea 4:1-3 where God kills birds and fish sds warning, to make people think about Him, and to repent and get right with Him.

January 9, 2011 at 11:38 pm |
    • Reality

origin: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20E1EFE35540C7A8CDDAA0894DA404482

New Torah For Modern Minds

Abraham, the Jewish patriarch, probably never existed. Nor did Moses. The entire Exodus story as recounted in the Bible probably never occurred. The same is true of the tumbling of the walls of Jericho. And David, far from being the fearless king who built Jerusalem into a mighty capital, was more likely a provincial leader whose reputation was later magnified to provide a rallying point for a fledgling nation.
      Such startling propositions - the product of findings by archaeologists digging in Israel and its environs over the last 25 years - have gained wide acceptance among non-Orthodox rabbis. But there has been no attempt to disseminate these ideas or to discuss them with the laity - until now.

The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, which represents the 1.5 million Conservative Jews in the United States, has just issued a new Torah and commentary, the first for Conservatives in more than 60 years. Called "Etz Hayim" ("Tree of Life" in Hebrew), it offers an interpretation that incorporates the latest findings from archaeology, philology, anthropology and the study of ancient cultures. To the editors who worked on the book, it represents one of the boldest efforts ever to introduce into the religious mainstream a view of the Bible as a human rather than divine doc-ument.

January 10, 2011 at 12:27 am |
    • Muneef

Reality...4u

Al-Bayyina
      In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
      Those who disbelieve among the People of the Scripture and the idolaters could not have left off (erring) till the clear proof came unto them, (1) A messenger from Allah, reading purified pages (2) Containing correct scriptures. (3) Nor were the People of the Scripture divided until after the clear proof came unto them. (4) And they are ordered naught else than to serve Allah, keeping religion pure for Him, as men by nature upright, and to establish worship and to pay the poor-due. That is true religion. (5) Lo! those who disbelieve, among the People of the Scripture and the idolaters, will abide in fire of hell. They are the worst of created beings. (6) (And) lo! those who believe and do good works are the best of created beings. (7) Their reward is with their Lord: Gardens of Eden underneath which rivers flow, wherein they dwell for ever. Allah hath pleasure in them and they have pleasure in Him. This is (in store) for him who feareth his Lord. (8).

January 10, 2011 at 3:34 am |
    • Muneef

Al-Burooj
      In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
      By the heaven, holding mansions of the stars, (1) And by the Promised Day. (2) And by the witness and that whereunto he beareth testimony, (3) (Self-)destroyed were the owners of the ditch (4) Of the fuel-fed fire, (5) When they sat by it, (6) And were themselves the witnesses of what they did to the believers. (7) They had naught against them save that they believed in Allah, the Mighty, the Owner of Praise, (8) Him unto Whom belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth; and Allah is of all things the Witness. (9) Lo! they who persecute believing men and believing women and repent not, theirs verily will be the doom of hell, and theirs the doom of burning. (10) Lo! those who believe and do good works, theirs will be Gardens underneath which rivers flow. That is the Great Success. (11) Lo! the punishment of thy Lord is stern. (12) Lo! He it is Who produceth, then reproduceth, (13) And He is the Forgiving, the Loving, (14) Lord of the Throne of Glory, (15) Doer of what He will. (16) Hath there come unto thee the story of the hosts (17) Of Pharaoh and (the tribe of) Thamud? (18) Nay, but those who disbelieve live in denial (19) And Allah, all unseen, surroundeth them. (20) Nay, but it is a glorious Qur'an. (21) On a guarded tablet. (22)

January 10, 2011 at 3:44 am |
    • Nonimus

"with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away."
      The beasts of the field aren't involved and the birds and fish aren't being taken away. How is that perfect?

January 10, 2011 at 4:30 pm |
    • Muneef

Nonimus.

Well done you should try more often am sure you would become the Dijjal "Corrupter" of the century.!

January 10, 2011 at 8:00 pm |
    • Daniel

Nonimus, FYI the beasts of the field are dying now! (200 dead cows in Wisconsin and 7,000 dead buffalo in Vietnam)

January 18, 2011 at 6:33 pm |
  14. Don

ts;dr Muneef

January 9, 2011 at 8:15 pm |
  15. Muneef

Al-Baqara sura 02:
    Allah will not take you to task for that which is unintentional in your oaths. But He will take you to task for that which your hearts have garnered. Allah is Forgiving, Clement. (225).

Al-Maeda sura 05:
    Allah will not take you to task for that which is unintentional in your oaths, but He will take you to task for the oaths which ye swear in earnest. The expiation thereof is the feeding of ten of the needy with the average of that wherewith ye feed your own folk, or the clothing of them, or the liberation of a slave, and for him who findeth not (the wherewithal to do so) then a three days' fast. This is the expiation of your oaths when ye have sworn; and keep your oaths. Thus Allah expoundeth unto you His revelations in order that ye may give thanks. (89).

January 9, 2011 at 8:05 pm |
    • Reality

Muslims demonize themselves via the history of Islam as seen in their founder, an illiterate, hallucinating, warmongering, greedy and lust-filled, long-dead Arab. As long as the Worst Book Ever Written aka koran is the operating manual of Islam, Muslims of any stripe cannot be trusted. And this ladies and gentlemen is why Islam will crash someday in a whirlwind of common sense and rational thinking but first the Five Steps to Deprogram Islam must be promulgated in the Islamic world which at the moment is difficult because of imams and their assassin and terror go-ons who terrorize thinking Muslims and non-Muslims with bombings, stabbings, beheadings and stonings all in the name of allah.

If you have a Muslim friend/neighbor, please print out a copy of the Five Steps and give it to them.

January 10, 2011 at 12:26 am |
  16. Muneef

It is the soul that we have to purify whether being religious or not religious to live in a code of understanding as the only judge is God and no human is to judge another although might try to guide but not hart..it is fine to claim being a non believer when it is harder being religious ! What you have in your heart that you will judged for and not what you said ! So what I say what ever you are on just do good and purify soul from human greed sand impurities.

Yusuf sura 12:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    I do not exculpate myself. Lo! the (human) soul enjoineth unto evil, save that whereon my Lord hath mercy. Lo! my Lord is Forgiving, Merciful. (53).

An-Naziat sura 79:
    But when the great disaster cometh, (34) The day when man will call to mind his (whole) endeavour, (35) And hell will stand forth visible to him who seeth, (36) Then, as for him who rebelled (37) And chose the life of the world, (38) Lo! hell will be his home. (39) But as for him who feared to stand before his Lord and restrained his soul from lust, (40) Lo! the Garden will be his home. (41).

Al-Fajr sura 89:
    But ah! thou soul at peace! (27) Return unto thy Lord, content in His good pleasure! (28) Enter thou among My bondmen! (29) Enter thou My Garden! (30).

January 9, 2011 at 8:01 pm |
  17. Muneef

Al-Mumenoon sura 23:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    Blissful are the believers- (1) Those who in their prayer are lowly. (2) And those who from everything vain turn away. (3) And those who for the sake of purification are doers. (4) And those who of their private Parts are guards. (5) Save in regard to their spouses and those whom their right hands own: so they are not blameworthy- (6) And Whosoever seeketh beyond that, then it is these who are the trans-gr-es-sors (7) And those who of their trusts and covenant are keepers. (8) And those who of their prayers are observant. (9) These! they are the inheritors. (10) Who shall inherit Paradise; therein they shall be abiders. (11).

January 9, 2011 at 7:47 pm |
  18. The Watcher

ok HotAir I have read his Biography and I and I have read most of his of his statements. They are all on my computer and have been there for several years. He is the one I study most simple because he and I have something very strong in common...

also HotAir Einstein spoke about seems in contradiction with what he talks about. Seems, there is alot more to what he talks about then shown.

he always send them in the simplest fashion for everyone to understand as I asume you must know, he is very complexed in his though. And it is how well someone understand the man.

I kinda think we are getting to a similar point but neither yet knows what it will be.

I kinda enjoy this conversation between you and Don. considered Mental Masturbation.......and yes so it seems Don, That I am not weak minded and I believe in Religion and the Universe. I guess that must be strange to you.

January 9, 2011 at 7:08 pm |
    • Don

You're not entirely coherent.

January 9, 2011 at 7:30 pm |
    • Muneef

The Watcher.
      So you have studied Maya's belief ! Wonder if had a chance to read the Quran since I find your words satisfactory saying we are to read and not be told about religion or about God even if to read different books?

January 9, 2011 at 7:44 pm |
  19. The Watcher

ok, tell me Don, what is your point?

January 9, 2011 at 6:47 pm |
  20. The Watcher

ok tell me Don, what is your point?

January 9, 2011 at 6:46 pm |
    • Don

My point was that using the bible for such predictions when it gets a lot of basic stuff wrong is pretty stupid.

January 9, 2011 at 7:02 pm |