home
RSS
'New' zodiac signs cause instant identity crises
January 14th, 2011

'New' zodiac signs cause instant identity crises

The e-mail messages began filling astrologer Shelley Ackerman's inbox as soon as the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported the zodiac chart is off by about a month.

OMG I'm not a Leo help me with that

My daughter and her friends are very upset. Have they changed signs?

I'm not worried I KNOW I'm a true Scorp

Darling, what does this mean in our world? I couldn't be a Pisces

Ackerman, a New Yorker who has offered astrology services for more than two decades, says this is the first time she has seen such a strong reaction among her clients

Read the full story about 'new' zodiac signs causing an identity crises
- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Zara

This newly added zodiac sign gave a shock to almost all the people specially to those who deeply believes in these star sign. To know more about this new zodiac sign, check out this article http://www.zodiacsigns123.com/new.html

May 4, 2013 at 2:37 am |
  2. kingdom rush hacked

Hi, i believe that i saw you visited my site thus i got here to go back the choose?.I'm attempting to in finding issues to enhance my web site!I suppose its ok to make use of a few of your ideas!!

June 8, 2012 at 10:45 pm |
  3. Create Signs

My brother recommended I would possibly like this website. He used to be entirely right. This post truly made my day. You can not believe just how so much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

May 18, 2012 at 12:12 pm |
  4. Mirosal

Anyone who follows astrology, a horoscope, or tarot with any seriousness needs therapy. You might as well count the bumps on your head (phrenology). The stars that you THINK you see are in alignment were in alignment thousands of years ago, because that's how long it took for that light to reach Earth. Those stars are in completely different places in space by the time you see their light and are no longer aligned. It's called ASTRONOMY, people!!! A legitimate science. How many places offer degrees in astrology? lol

January 14, 2012 at 4:26 am |
  5. nUmerology for house numbers

People have goals along with suggestions you want to comply with. Perhaps it would be great to know which day of the particular few days the universe helps and sustains the ideas and suggestionsNumerology Calculator

January 14, 2012 at 4:14 am |
  6. Curtis Howard

If you want to listen to a Pastor talk about astrology, the new astrology sign, and why it is bad, its considered a mystery religion, then I suggest you take the time to watch this. I'm a Christian and only follow the word of God in the King James Bible. Gods word in the King James Bible clearly talks about all this and Pastor Mike Hoggard explains it all really well.

February 3, 2011 at 1:36 am |
  7. Earthman

@NL: Good point. I have always thought it a very relevant part of the story that all of Jesus' family, fellow wine drinking fisherman, Rabbis seemed oblivious to the signs the magi saw. Even Herod didn't know how to find the child and asked them to come back and tell him where the child was so he could give him gifts too. In fact it was the gifts of the magi that were used to go into Egypt and hide out for a bit. His own people didn't help him out to escape Herod's wish to kill him. It would seem that the Magi knew more than anyone else in that story and were the most instumental in his survival. I want to go to their church. I have not heard of any Magi marching into a "Promise Land" killing folks who were there in the name of their jealous god. Where are the Magi today...... that's what i wanna know.

January 18, 2011 at 3:22 pm |
    • Follow-The-Magi Religion

It's frighteningly eye-opening how much sense you make! I, too, now want to follow the Magi...... πŸ˜‰

January 25, 2011 at 1:01 pm |
  8. Earthman

and Bob:What sign are you holding up for all to read thinking you have the abillity to decide what anyone "really deserves"? I could tell you a few words I can see on your sign...... but you'd probably say I need to be slapped. Not on this side of the screen Boob. Enjoy your fantasy..... it's all you got.

January 18, 2011 at 3:06 pm |
  9. Cesar

Oh?

January 17, 2011 at 3:34 pm |
  10. Bob

I'm sorry, anyone who believes in the signs is a moron and really deserves a good slap in the head.

January 17, 2011 at 11:47 am |
  11. MARIA

Only Jesue knows your future so many people read so much into these signs and believe I say wake up!!

January 17, 2011 at 8:38 am |
    • NL

Jesus' birth was predicted by the Magi using astrology. Surely the nativity story illustrates that God himself sends the 'signs' seen in the stars as a means of foretelling the future. That's what 'signs' mean in the ancient world, and in the bible, after all.

January 17, 2011 at 11:26 pm |
  12. Earthman

I've always had a bit of skeptisizm concerning astrology as your sign, the way the planets were aligned at birth, determining many of our personality traits and such. It is pretty well accepted that thought patterns develop in the womb. Infants are born with the self-stimulating finger sucking behavior, knowing their mother's voice, and who knows what else. The 1st sensation a fetus has, mom walking or rolling over in bed, is the baby's 1st thought in the oringinal language of imagery. That is the language we revert to in our dreams. That impulse of eletricity, our 1st thought, goes forth from the brain stem to the brain surface and then returns, creating the wrinkle where the first sensation is stored and later cross referenced with all other experiences throughout life. After birth the child is expected to convert all these pictures into auditory symbols. In fact we are measured as to our level of inteligence by how well we organize and retrieve these symbols called words. Why then is our astrological sign determied by our birth date, which is often determined by when the DR. isn't playing golf and can perform a C section, rather than our date of conception. . Our sign could actually be manipulated by picking a b-day for delivery. The predetermination of the whole thing seems to remove some of the authority that one would have over their destiny. After all, it is my hand on the rudder that steers me toward that port unseen, beyond the horizon greeting my eyes each day as I navigate this great uncharted sea called life. It is I who chooses which star to navigate by to reach my port of destiny.

January 16, 2011 at 8:37 am |
    • Gary

Earthman, correct just like hinduism,Christianity,judiasm,Islam,and all religions astrology can be tweeked,manipulated in a weak attempt to explain reality .

January 16, 2011 at 11:11 am |
  13. Amalia Sheran Sharm

And now we're living in a Douglas Adams joke.

January 15, 2011 at 3:38 pm |
  14. tallulah13

Silly humans.

January 15, 2011 at 3:22 pm |
  15. NL

"There shall be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars." (Luke 21:25)
    Jesus believed in astrology, as did most people in his time. The Magi story, as dramatized in movie The Nativity Story, was all about the astrological significance of a conjunction of stars. It really surprises me when I hear Christians denounce astrology as some kind of demonic temptation as it is all through the bible.

January 15, 2011 at 1:46 pm |
  16. Robert

So everyone in California is Mexican because it once was Mexico. I knew it!!

January 15, 2011 at 1:01 pm |
  17. riverrunner

FTA "A quarter of Americans believe the moon and the stars can affect a person's life, according to a Gallup poll." three x that believe an invisible god can affect their lives. ~15% of us think all of it is hogwash, so there means about 10% believe in god, moon and stars. who knew.

January 15, 2011 at 8:53 am |
    • NL

Imagine the reaction from across the board if a politician came out with his faith in astrology? It was once quite vogue, just as evangelicalism is all the rage today. Wait 20 years and people will be reading tea leaves or looking at bird guts instead. People just love the magic of superst.itution.

January 15, 2011 at 1:35 pm |
  18. Apostle Eric vonAnderseck

. β€œThe constellation is symbolized by a man wrestling a serpent. People were worried because so little is known about this 13th sign”, Hilary Young said.

Apostle Eric says; Same as the church, for when God issues another direction they worry because they know so little about this sign. We are indeed wrestling with the Devil. http://apostlestoday.net/

January 15, 2011 at 6:07 am |
    • Reality

The Apostles' Creed 2010: (updated based on the studies of historians and theologians during the past 200 years)

I might believe in a god whose existence cannot be proven
      and said god if he/she/it exists resides in an unproven,
      human-created state of bliss called heaven.

I believe there was a 1st century CE, Jewish, simple,
      preacher-man who was conceived by a Jewish carpenter
      named Joseph living in Nazareth and born of a young Jewish
      girl named Mary.

Jesus was summarily crucified for being a temple rabble-rouser by
      the Roman troops in Jerusalem serving under Pontius Pilate,

He was buried in an unmarked grave and still lies
      a-mouldering in the ground somewhere outside of
      Jerusalem.

Said Jesus' story was embellished and "mythicized" by
      many semi-fiction writers. A bodily resurrection and
      ascension stories were promulgated to compete with the
      Caesar myths. Said stories were so popular that they
      grew into a religion known today as Catholicism/Christianity
      and featuring dark-age, daily wine to blood and bread to body rituals
      called the eucharistic sacrifice of the non-atoning Jesus.

Amen

January 15, 2011 at 10:41 am |
    • myklds

"The Atheist Creed (Based on the behaviours of Posters)

I believe things supported with facts such as Science, logic and reasons
      But value only my opinions that make me unreasonable
      I believe that I'm only answerable ONLY to myself,
      So there's no problem I would shoot 19 people at one time
      I believe that I came from monkeys coz I look like one (LOL!)
      I belive in Dinosaurs although there's NO human ever lived to see them.
      I believe in Everything except God,
      And I would kill people who believes just like what I did in the coptics in the Christmas day in Egypt.

January 17, 2011 at 1:15 pm |
    • NL

myklds-

LOL!!!
      But you forgot

"I believe in using passible grammar and spelling"

And I wouldn't take your characterization of atheists very close to any open flame. All that straw is a real fire hazard! πŸ˜‰

January 17, 2011 at 11:36 pm |
    • Reality's falsehood

I think it's disturbing how you claim to know what happened 2000 years ago without offering a shred of proof. In fact, you claim to know more about what happened 2000 years ago than the people who actually lived 2000 years ago and wrote what they witnessed. You claim Jesus is buried "somewhere" outside of Jerusalem and that he was "simple", yet again another unfounded, unproven claim. Are you certain Jesus is the "simple" one?

January 29, 2011 at 4:29 pm |
  19. Gary

Zodiac astrology has just as much proof of truth as any of the other ancient religions.

January 14, 2011 at 9:54 pm |
    • HotAirAce

I agree with you sort of. Zodiac astrology has just as much proof of truth as any of the other religions – no need for "ancient" qualifier.

January 17, 2011 at 2:07 am |