home
RSS
January 25th, 2011

Kim Kardashian gives 10% of her money to church and charity

In this preview of Thursday's "Piers Morgan Tonight," featuring Kim and Kourtney Kardashian, the subject of money gives way to a conversation about giving.

When Piers Morgan asks how much Kim is worth, she says, "Whatever it is, I give 10% away to the church and that's what I was taught. Every year, absolutely."

But does Kourtney?

"I'm going to now," Kourtney said. "I was taught that too but I forgot about it."

Kim said she has given millions of her money to the Dream Foundation, as well as tithing to a church her mother created in Calabasas, CA.

The full interview airs Thursday night on CNN at 9pmET/PT.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Church

1. XOXOX99XOXOX

Trash, lies, trash. She and her family need to be.....

January 27, 2011 at 10:12 am |
    • Mariah

STHU you dont know them, for only the pictures you see in magazine and the 30 minutes on tv, and you dont know jack , so go some lose weight GET A LIFE, at least the Kardashians are making money

GO WATCH YOUR BABY

January 27, 2011 at 11:09 pm |
  2. Beautiful Vixen

It doesn't count if you give and then tell about it.

January 27, 2011 at 4:58 am |
    • Peace2All

@Beautiful Vixen

What...?

Peace...

January 27, 2011 at 1:05 pm |
  3. jcox310

Read Professor Arthur Brook's of Syracuse University study on giving. Conservatives give 30% on average to charity than liberals; this includes non-religious charities as well. But then again the left wants the government to steal from those who work and dispense it so why would any of you leftists give anyway even though you call those greedy who are rich and then in the same breath call them stupid for donating 10% of their income. I bet the majority of you that criticized Kim K. don't even give 3% like our illustrious Vice President Biden who gave a whopping less than $4,000 to charity last year while the evil Dick Cheney's Halliburton stock residuals all go to charity (this is public record so look it up before spewing).

January 26, 2011 at 9:55 pm |
  4. Muneef

Just had a clips of vision passing my mind under the warm shower waters ! Strange but interesting to see it as as a full picture painting. Clips were;
    -A Clip of US America as a big Christmas Tree firm on Earth,Decorated with bulbs and fairies which resembled to me being the American Population of Every Faith,Belief and Nation (Race).. The Boxes of Presents and Gifts and the Tree as to being the Charities and Gifts of the Fruiting Tree to its Nations and needy World Nations.
    -A Clip of the Eagle Flying,Protecting and Nesting on the Colorful Twinkling lights Christmas Tree...
    -A Clip of a Man Standing Stretching his Arm in Glove Calling the Eagle to Rest on on his Arm ??
    Not sure if the Eagle is a Free willed Eagle or or a Captive Trained Eagle that is Blind Folded and only let loose his sight only when there is a Game Catch to Captive??!

Sorry fellows unintentionally ugly but all we can say is only God knows what is Real and what is False...! May we with sincere give a prayers from deep in our inner hearts,souls praising and gracing the Mighty God and beg for peace of our hearts and consciences.Pray may our leaders find peace and prosperity for their nations to live decently and satisfactory..? Say prayers for all good people dead or alive known or unknown...? Pray for the Starving Elderly and Young Children,women and men?Prayers in heart for what ever crosses your mind and wish all people well and neglect hatred as a Spark of which drive to Extreme Hatred... By doing and saying that we actually doing good deeds and returns of which come to ease your path in life...
    A one Good Deed is considered like a grain of wheat that you saw and grows back to give you more Grains of Wheat...?

Al-Baqara sura 02:
    In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
    The likeness of those who spend their wealth in Allah's way is as the likeness of a grain which groweth seven ears, in every ear a hundred grains. Allah giveth increase manifold to whom He will. Allah is All-Embracing, All-Knowing. (261).
    Read it to (281)...Interesting...

January 26, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
  5. Muneef

That what are all supposed to do, charity is the word and not to treasuring or us-u-r-y their wealth but are to give creating business opening chances for people to make a decent living. Such act will resolve unemployment and poverty...invest it in businesses and not on luxury assets....

January 26, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
  6. Muneef

Read sura 02:261 to 281 speaks of us-u-r-y and damages to society as to what Quran says about it is...important...

Sure CNN will not be dare to open the subject within her blogs about what is said...

January 26, 2011 at 8:36 pm |
    • Muneef

All that is mentionend in the verses of the sura 2:261 to 281 talks how system collapse for being wrong and explained the right about it...

January 26, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
  7. Ignorant vs. Stupid

Just for clarification and remember don't kill the messenger. The Bible, should you read it, teaches to give 10% of your income in the OLD TESTAMENT. The old law was nailed to the Cross. In the NEW TESTAMENT, which is what Christians live by and are goverened teaches for each one to search their heart and to give back as they feel that they have prospered. That could be ANY percentage. If you differ with this, then argue your point with the author of the Bible - God.

January 26, 2011 at 5:15 pm |
    • NL

Aren't the 10 commandments part of the old law?

January 27, 2011 at 9:52 am |
    • Steve (the real one)

NL

From Matthew 22:37-40

37 Jesus answered, " "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
      38 This is the greatest and the most important commandment.
      39 The second most important commandment is like it: "Love your neighbor as you love yourself.'
      40 The whole Law of Moses and the teachings of the prophets depend on these two commandments."

January 27, 2011 at 7:17 pm |
    • NL

Steve (the real one)-
      So, is that an argument that the ten commandments and the rest of the OT laws are defunct for Christians, or that Jesus' version of the Golden Rule is necessary to guide people in following all of the Law?

January 27, 2011 at 11:28 pm |
    • Steve the real one

What's up NL,
      If you carefully read the 10 Commandments to will see 4 deals with how we are to treat God and te remaining 6 deals with how man should treat man. If I love my neighbor, I wil not steal from him, or desire his wife. The ten are fullfilled within the 2!

January 28, 2011 at 9:17 am |
  8. MicheleUSA

All these surveys that say who gives what based on is based on tax returns or what the giver has said. If somene's tax return says they gave $3000 to charity, it doesn't mean that's all they gave. Furthermore, what does it matter? It's a level of sacrifice, not the amount, and it's between you and God only.

January 26, 2011 at 11:07 am |
  9. MicheleUSA

Giving, if you're doing it for God, should be totally a private matter. Between you and God.

January 26, 2011 at 11:05 am |
  10. HisOwn

John Quest and NL: I think thats very noble of you both, considering your both Atheist. My hats off to you gentleman! I am sure your contributions are well apprecaited and put to good use by the churches that you donate to.

January 26, 2011 at 5:59 am |
    • NL

What JohnQuest is doing is very noble, for his wife. For my part, what I contribute is no more noble than dropping a few dollars into a hat after stopping to listen to a busker play at the train station. Coming to church provides entertainment and a peaceful place to spend a Sunday morning for me. It's only proper to pay the customary token for that privilege. Luckily, the Catholic church I sometimes attend doesn't demand a tenth of people's earnings.

January 26, 2011 at 8:14 am |
  11. doctore0

She has to give it all to the poor, then wait for the lord to feed her; IF she wants to be a real Jesus-freak.

January 26, 2011 at 3:01 am |
  12. JohnQuest

January 25, 2011 at 5:29 pm |
  13. Rudeofallreligion

That's so nice of her.
    ---------

January 25, 2011 at 4:27 pm |
  14. Luis Wu

I wouldn't give 2 cents to a church. Anyone that would give money to any church is stupid and just throwing money down the drain. Religion is dragging our country down into ignorance and stupidity.

January 25, 2011 at 4:13 pm |
    • JohnQuest

This comment was for you: Of course you are enti tled to your opinions (no matter if you are right or wrong). However, I must point out you sound like a theist, making a blanket statement without facts.

January 25, 2011 at 5:40 pm |
    • NL

Hey, I still go to church once in a while. I get to hear a sermon, which is often amusing, or at least thought-provoking. I get to hear some pretty good music (Catholic music, of course!), and best of all, I get to hold my wife's hand for an hour or more. That's worth some money in the old collection plate.

January 25, 2011 at 11:48 pm |
    • LT

There was a time when I felt the same, I went through troubled times and I'm not talking about financial issues. I attended a Christian Church and I swear the Pastore looked directly at me while everyone else was praying, I didn't know the Pastor or anyone at that church but he told me exactly what I needed to hear at that time. I truly believe there is a God and he blesses us when we choose to live by his word (Bible). I am now in my 30's and I thank God everyday for opening my eyes through that Pastor, I currently attend a Christian Church, I agree with previous posts, a lot of these pastors are under paid and a lot is expected out of them. We need more people like Joel Osteen, thank God for them.

January 26, 2011 at 10:14 pm |
  15. Doc Vestibule

She puts the t1t in t1the.

January 25, 2011 at 4:05 pm |
  16. JohnQuest

It just dawned on me, maybe she is trying to make up for that se x tape (sorry, alleged se x tape).

January 25, 2011 at 3:34 pm |
    • NEONwhip

it was a good se-x tape

January 26, 2011 at 8:44 am |
  17. Reality

No doubt "charitable" donations for a big tax deduction and a lower tax bracket.

January 25, 2011 at 3:01 pm |
    • JohnQuest

Not entirely, my wife went to that church, I promised her that I would continue to help out there. It was her wish, she loved that church and the people. I don't have to agree with them to like and respect them.

January 25, 2011 at 3:31 pm |
    • Dennis

That's not how deductions work. You just don't have to pay taxes on the money you donate. You don't *make* money from donating to charity...

Let's say you are in a tax bracket where your income is taxed by 30%- you reduce your tax bill by 30% of the money you donated (and you do not overall get to go to a lower bracket as you suggested). Example- You give $30 to charity- you save $10 in taxes... but you paid $30 to the charity so your net loss in $20. You would have been better off not giving to charity but this encourages people to give because you don't lose as much and can direct where some of your money goes.

January 29, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  18. JohnQuest

This may sound odd to all of you I have blogged with, I also give 10% (or more, if you add in my time, servicing computer, fixing electrical issues and the like) to my local church.

January 25, 2011 at 3:01 pm |
    • Steve the real one

JQ (if that is OK),

This is why I appreciate you. You don't make anyone small in order to appear large! I really appreciate that!

January 26, 2011 at 10:53 am |
    • claybigsby

January 26, 2011 at 3:53 pm |
    • Peace2All

@claybigsby

Hi Clay...

You Said: "Can I ask why? Why give money to the church and not spend your money and time in the world helping the people who need it?"

You are presupposing that -JohnQuest doesn't spend money and time in the world. You are also showing a bias that 'people who are in church aren't people "who really need it."

Respectfully, it seems to me -Clay, you are voicing some assumptions and biases, that are possibly very inaccurate, (possibly accurate-I will give you that) and also maybe a strong bias towards people that go to church, don't need any help.

It is very possible that 'some' or even 'a lot' of people that go to church, arguably could use the 'most' help.

And... just because it is a church, inherently doesn't mean that if someone wants to give money to the church, that goes to charities or other worthy causes, doesn't mean they are wrong.

Thoughts...?

Peace...

January 27, 2011 at 9:59 am |
  19. Anglican

I thought it was the "Temple of the Kardashians"

January 25, 2011 at 2:47 pm |
  20. Let Us Prey

Ti-thing to a "church her mother created." ?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP5coXrDqBI&w=640&h=390]

yeeahhh... they were skittles...

January 25, 2011 at 2:32 pm |