home
RSS
Philadelphia cardinal orders investigation of 37 priests
Left to right, from top: Edward Avery, James Brennan, Charles Engelhardt, William Lynn and Bernard Shero were charged in connection with sex abuse against minors.
February 16th, 2011

Philadelphia cardinal orders investigation of 37 priests

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (CNN) - The Catholic Church in Philadelphia will investigate as many as 37 priests identified in a grand jury report as remaining in "active ministry with credible allegations of child sexual abuse," Cardinal Justin Rigali, archbishop of Philadelphia, said Wednesday.

"Sexual abuse of children is a crime. It is always wrong and gravely evil," Rigali said in a news release. "The grand jury report makes clear that for as much as the archdiocese has done to address child sexual abuse, there is still much to do."

He also announced that three priests were placed on administrative leave pending a review.

"The actions we announce today build on the changes that the church has already announced," Rigali said.

He noted the church had already hired a victim services consultant and a compliance officer, and created a new position of delegate for investigations to assist with the review.

"Many people of faith and in the community at large think that the archdiocese does not understand the gravity of child sexual abuse," Rigali said. "We do."

Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams on Wednesday lauded the church announcement.

"I commend Cardinal Rigali and the archdiocese for this latest action," Williams said. "The cardinal's strong words and recent efforts are the correct steps at this time."

Last week, three Philadelphia priests and a parochial school teacher were charged with raping and assaulting boys in their care, while a former official with the Philadelphia Archdiocese was accused of allowing the abusive priests to have access to children, the city's district attorney's office said.

CNN Senior Vatican Analyst John Allen said the charges against the former church official appeared to be unprecedented and could have national implications.

"This is apparently the first time that a Catholic leader has been charged criminally for the cover-up as opposed to the abuse itself," he said. "It sends a shot across the bow for bishops and other diocesan officials in other parts of the country, who have to wonder now if they've got criminal exposure, too."

Edward Avery, 68, and Charles Engelhardt, 64, were charged with allegedly assaulting a 10-year-old boy at St. Jerome Parish from 1998 to 1999.

Bernard Shero, 48, a teacher in the school, is charged with allegedly assaulting the same boy there in 2000, Williams said at a Thursday press conference.

James Brennan, another priest, is accused of assaulting a different boy, a 14-year-old, in 1996.

Monsignor William Lynn, who served as the secretary for clergy for the under then-Philadelphia Archbishop Anthony Bevilacqua, was charged with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child in connection with the alleged assaults, Williams said.

From 1992 until 2004, Lynn was responsible for investigating reports that priests had sexually abused children, the district attorney's office said.

The grand jury found that Lynn, 60, endangered children, including the alleged victims of those charged last week, by knowingly allowing dangerous priests to continue in the ministry in roles in which they had access to kids.

"This behavior will not be tolerated - ultimately they will be judged by a higher authority," Williams said. "We want to ensure that all victims of abuse can call us directly and don't have to filter their story with anyone else."

Avery, Engelhardt and Shero were charged with rape, indecent sexual assault and other criminal counts following the results of the grand jury investigation of clergy sexual abuse, Williams said. The names of the alleged victims, who are now in their 20s, have not been publicly released.

The grand jury believed that more than 30 priests have remained in ministry in Pennsylvania despite solid, credible allegations of abuse, Williams said.

Rigali had initially challenged that claim.

- CNN's Sarah Hoye contributed to this report

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Bishops • Catholic Church • Christianity • Courts • Pennsylvania • United States • Vatican

1. Greensleeves

How much worse is this going to get before we say enough is enough? No wonder the Catholic Church has disintegrated in Ireland. The actions of those in charge are, quite frankly, indefensible. Yes, I know that unfortunately child abuse happens...but for the church to have deliberately permitted the abuse to go on and on and on is nothing short of criminal.

In my opinion, the entire Church should be brought up on charges for crimes against humanity. Throw Ratzinger's rear end in jail where he belongs. I don't know how anyone can take the Church seriously after this mess. It makes me sick. Literally sick to my stomach.

February 16, 2011 at 7:40 pm |
    • Crazyhorse

I'm Catholic and I am sorry that it upsets you. It is a great scandal. I can only share with you that this was all foreshadowed by Christ himself when he gave the parable about the weeds in the field. The servant then asked the master if he should pull it all out and the Master said that doing so will kill the good crops. No one is making light of the evil these men did. They most definitely will be held accountable and do time. Please do not judge God by the actions of his people. We all fall short of his perfection! +peace!

February 16, 2011 at 7:45 pm |
    • Greensleeves

Crazyhorse – believe me, I blame nobody here but the Catholic Church in this mess. I blame the people in charge who chose to protect their paychecks and their own hides over the welfare of the children in their charge. It's the system that's corrupt, not God. Though with that being said, it doesn't make me any less sick about what the Church has done, and it doesn't change the fact that they should be held criminally liable for sitting back and sweeping it under the rug for decades.

February 16, 2011 at 8:24 pm |
    • Reality

The "puke-producing" topic will hasten the following:-

Recognizing the flaws, follies and frauds in the foundations of Islam, Judaism and Christianity by the "bowers", kneelers" and "pew peasants" will converge these religions into some simple rules of life, e.g. DO NO HARM .

No koran, bible, clerics, nuns, monks, imams, evangelicals, ayatollahs, rabbis, professors of religion or priests needed or desired.

Ditto for houses of "worthless worship" aka mosques, churches, basilicas, cathedrals, temples and synagogues.

February 16, 2011 at 11:27 pm |
  2. wekm

The cathloic clurgy invites this with their refusal to allow priests to marry you have people with pedoific impulses entering into the ministry beleiving they will be cured then they spend their lives working around kids. Let the clergy marry and you will see the number of these cases decrease. It happens much less in most other chistian sects.

February 16, 2011 at 7:37 pm |
  3. other faith

All you supporters, how would you feel if you got molested or if someone you know got abused? Wrong is wrong. Period.

February 16, 2011 at 7:37 pm |
  4. Kristal

the same priests that take an oath under God to do good mispresent themselves again and again its morally not right' anybody under legal law to be molested in the name of religion is wrong dead wrong and the point is a pedaphile can never be cured sp whats the alternative (death that way innocence is not lost on bottom dweelers) i say feet first in a meat grinder in low gear i'm just saying

February 16, 2011 at 7:35 pm |
  5. Maniac

Why is the church investigating these cases and not the police? I think it is ridiculous that these acts keep going on and the church only moves the priests, ministers, etc. to another church. They should all be held to a higher standard and follow any other law regarding child molesters. Those people that work to cover these incidents up should be held accountable in a court of law as well.

February 16, 2011 at 7:31 pm |
  6. delbert

How long will it take for the church to wise up and accept marriage for the padres and have Nuns, supposedly grown up people running that place and they act like total no brainier s

February 16, 2011 at 7:30 pm |
    • Crazyhorse

These men are pedophiles. Marriage is not a cure for that. They would end up abusing their children.

February 16, 2011 at 7:38 pm |
  7. Former Catholic

This type of garbage is exactly why I left the Church. I can not believe they still aren't taking these alleged pedophiles out of circulation!

February 16, 2011 at 7:28 pm |
    • Roman Catholic Realist

So glad you are safe from pedophiles where you are now. Let me know where that is and I'll join that 'moral' and 'unblemished' group.

February 16, 2011 at 7:49 pm |
    • Mary

That's easy to say, but when anyone can bring an allegation true or false that can result in the end of your life as you know it, its not cut and dry. Plus their are plenty of law suits to deal with, how many employers get sued for wrongful termination of employment.

A crime is a crime, but let's not pretend every person accused is guilty or that the issue is black and white to.

February 16, 2011 at 8:26 pm |
  8. dougo

It's about time the Catholic Church start becoming pro active....instead of trying to sweep everything under the rug!!

February 16, 2011 at 7:19 pm |
  9. Tom C

So... if the christian god is a benevolent god... how come so many of his lieutenants on earth are child rapists?

February 16, 2011 at 7:18 pm |
  10. Joel

No Mr. District Attorney...the correct step at this time would be file RICO charges against the Catholic church. You know, for running a child molestation ring?

February 16, 2011 at 7:16 pm |
    • LiberateUs

Try it, bigot

February 16, 2011 at 7:17 pm |
    • some dude

liberateus, do you understand what bigot means and how hypocritical you are by calling Joel a bigot? Wait, a fictional book tells you how to think. My bad, carry on.

February 16, 2011 at 8:53 pm |
  11. Arick

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. -Gandhi

February 16, 2011 at 7:16 pm |
    • LiberateUs

Ghandi never said that, moron

February 16, 2011 at 7:17 pm |
    • Arick

Someone is snippy, if you can't talk like an adult then I suggest you leave.

February 16, 2011 at 7:18 pm |
    • Joel

Awesome quote. And well placed here.

February 16, 2011 at 7:20 pm |
  12. Dennis

If you can't trust priests of all people to be on the straight and narrow who can you trust. And people wonder why I have a problem with religion.

February 16, 2011 at 7:13 pm |
    • LiberateUs

I have a problem with ignorance. You reek of it

February 16, 2011 at 7:15 pm |
    • America is agnostic

faith is ignorance. Here are just a few highly regarded thinkers, and their take on religion:

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [Nietzsche]

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." [Voltaire]

"The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma." [Lincoln]

"Religions are all alike – founded upon fables and mythologies." [Thomas Jefferson]

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own - a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." [Einstein]

February 16, 2011 at 7:48 pm |
    • John

You damn right Dennis,I'am also having problem with religion,all they do is to force me to spend money and to think like them.I'am better off without them!!!

February 16, 2011 at 8:17 pm |
  13. Ray Jackson, MS

The catholic church is nothing but an organized child r@pe cult and if you support them at this point you are just as much to blame as the pedophile priests and the pope are.

February 16, 2011 at 7:08 pm |
    • LiberateUs

fuk off bigot. You Know-Nothing about my faith. The Know-Nothing Party/cult will feel my wrath

February 16, 2011 at 7:14 pm |
    • Smite Me

LiberateUs,

Aw, go away and pray the Five Violent Mysteries of the Rosary:

1. The Crusades
      2. The Inquisition
      3. Salem Witch Trials
      4. Selling Indulgences
      5. Child Abuse

February 16, 2011 at 7:29 pm |
    • Crazyhorse

1. The Crusades (needed; there were like 7 of these; which one?)
      2. The Inquisition (again.. needed. heresy was rampant; there were abuses yes)
      3. Salem Witch Trials (I don't think this was a catholic effort; try protestant)
      4. Selling Indulgences (indulgences is a real "grace" and very misunderstood; again abuses by a few)
      5. Child Abuse (this is not a church dogma or sponsored event; not unique to JUST catholics)

– pick the log out of you eye my friend! Then we can have a serious discussion. +peace!

February 16, 2011 at 7:35 pm |
    • geraldh

Smite,

To the list for protestants we would add:
      1. the KKK – A largely protestant organization
      2. The Geneva Inquisition in which Calvin participated. Yes prots had inquisitions to and 55 people were burned at stake in this one.
      3. The 100,000 German peasants killed by the German Army with Martin Luther's approval.
      4. The killing of 200 priests in England and the imprisonment of many more.
      5. The drowning of anabaptists by baptists.
      6. Protestant pastors molest children to.
      7. 11-13% of married protestant pastors have relations with members of their congregation.

Shall I go on?

February 18, 2011 at 9:27 am |
  14. Ray Jackson, MS

Where are the f ucking police and why aren't they the ones investigating this?

February 16, 2011 at 7:08 pm |
    • LiberateUs

I do wonder why. Maybe because the police are the REAL pedos.

February 16, 2011 at 7:12 pm |
    • Logan

How are the police pedophiles? When was the last news story of a police officer molesting dozens if not hundreds of boys over decades?

February 16, 2011 at 7:19 pm |
    • John

Because the Kids is afraid to report to the police or parents and those Stupid Priests have better chance to commit a crime inside of churches than out on the streets.We need undercover federal investigater to infiltrate in all of them.

February 16, 2011 at 8:07 pm |
  15. Faisal

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." – Jesus speaking in Matthew 18:6

February 16, 2011 at 7:07 pm |
  16. jiteye

These pedos are gods teachers. Sign me up for an organized religion...

February 16, 2011 at 7:03 pm |
  17. LiberateUs

1 small step towards Redemption 🙂

February 16, 2011 at 7:00 pm |
  18. beh

Go Christians go, keep America molested.

February 16, 2011 at 6:59 pm |
  19. ScottK

"Se xual abuse of children is a crime. It is always wrong and gravely evil," Rigali said in a news release.

Are you E F I N G kidding me? Strong words? Recent efforts? Thats like saying "I commend the court for coming to the conclusion murder is wrong, and starting from now on, we will punish those commiting murder."

And thats 37 priests in ONE town, and I'll give you the fact Philly is a large city but damn, 37? How many Catholic churches can there be without having almost 1 investigation per church? Anyone saying these are isolated incidents is lying to themselves... I know if I were a Mom I wouldnt want to be a Catholic...

February 16, 2011 at 6:19 pm |
    • David, CA

Waiting for "Catholic Mom" to get on here and spew her raving lunacy supporting this evil. With idiots like her continuing to support them the RCC should continue their crimes against children for centuries to come...

February 16, 2011 at 7:01 pm |
    • Crazyhorse

Looks like there are 279 churches, 989 priests. 3.74%?? I had read/heard somewhere that the % is even smaller world-wide. REMEMBER – Do not Judge God by the actions of his leaders! If you have ever read the Bible, you know that Jesus was constantly harping on this point. That DOES NOT MEAN do not go to church! It means, put your faith in God alone. Test everything and pray! I'm Catholic and it breaks my heart when these atrocious crimes are committed. For every bad priest, there has to be like 10 good ones (I don't have a formula there). There ARE and WILL always be some weeds in the field (parable right out of the bible!). You can't cut it down without killing the good crops. We will have to keep weeding them out and hold our leadership more accountable. +peace!

February 16, 2011 at 7:29 pm |
    • Roman Catholic Realist

How about a Catholic Father of two girls to get on and:
      1) Agree that any violence against any human of any age is wrng an punisghable regardless after (at least in my country (the US) one is proven guilty by a court of law.
      2) Catholicas are not the minority especially in Soutreastern PA you might think. We ARE your firneds, we ARE you government.
      3) Sensationalism runs rampant in these storied and conversations, have you read the grand jury report? Or are you falling back on "I hear: , "I am told..." "the news says...". If so you are not informed.

February 16, 2011 at 8:04 pm |
    • gerald

David, nobody supports child abuse. What nonsense.

February 16, 2011 at 10:24 pm |
  20. HotAirAce

If we listen to rcc apologists (such as CatholicMom), they'd like us to believe that the current and previous pope-a-dopes had pedophile priests under control. Then 5 were charged in Philadelphia, now it's up to 37! And one of those charged was supposed to be the one investigating reports of child abuse. Now I'm sure we will be told that this isn't an rcc problem, that these are just a few evil men exercising their free will and that there is no reason for the faithful to lose faith, etc., etc., and I'm sure many of the sheep will swallow such bull crap...

Me, I wouldn't send any child of mine anywhere near any church, and I'm having are hard time deciding which cult is worse, the rcc with their never ending child abuse or islam which thinks it's OK to marry off 10 year girls (if they are "ripe").

February 16, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
    • David Johnson

I just read an article about a young girl, 11 I think, who is seeking a divorce. These pre teen marriages often fail... Kids nowadays! What are you gonna do with 'em? They want to grow up so fast. They see a cute 60 year old, and they just go all gaga. *sigh*

Cheers!

February 16, 2011 at 5:26 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@HeavenSent

I would have thought that all the priests were thoroughly taught the scriptures and that the rcc already has a continuing education program. I'm pretty sure the priests who actually abused children and the ones who covered it up knew/know they were doing evil. Their book-of-silliness, nor the priest's knowledge of that pile of crap, nor the imaginary manmade god who was supposed to love and protect the children did anything to protect to the children, whereas membership in the club (aka the cult known as the rcc) did protect the criminals. The only logical conclusion is that there are no gods, not even just one, that the jc myth is just that, a myth, and that all religion is for the delusional. Or, for about 0.0000001% probability, there is a god or two, but none that are actually taking any interest in anyone on earth.

February 16, 2011 at 6:22 pm |
    • LJ

HotAirAce based on wiki for a priest the general rule, education is extensive and lasts at least five or six years, depending on the national Programme of Priestly Formation. In the US priests must have a four-year university degree plus an additional four to five years of graduate-level seminary formation in theology with a focus on Biblical research. A Master of Divinity is the most common degree.

I would say education has nothing to do with this issue in the church. What is sad is the cover up that has happened and the years of abuse that has occurred.

February 16, 2011 at 6:44 pm |
    • LiberateUs

Intolerant oafs on this forum. Not surprised by my American culture being so anti-catholic. Keep persecuting us, and we'll strike back.

February 16, 2011 at 7:03 pm |
    • Peter Live!, San Antonio, TX

HotAir, you are aptly named! It would appear that prejudice is alive and well, in your mind at least, and it would seem that such against Catholics in particular (and religionists in general) is a staple of the modern FUBARLiberal class.

These priests and others are in fact – by the numbers- representative of the fraction of pedophiles in the population at large. They deserve to be punished; expelled from the order, etc.

I would bet – big money – that the fraction of FUBARLiberals who exhibit these characteristics is in fact larger than within the Roman Catholic Church ..... perhaps a function of your belief that "if it feels good....do it!"

Leave your bigotry at the door....sounds like you are angry....perhaps one of your FUBARLiberal teachers abused you?

If so, I am genuinely sorry for you, will prary for you, and counsel you to seek help.

February 16, 2011 at 7:03 pm |
    • Logan

Heavensent, please go kill yourself you moron, and take your book of fairytales and nonsense with you

February 16, 2011 at 7:17 pm |
    • Nick

How long of a head start did he give these guys to cover their history?

February 16, 2011 at 7:20 pm |
    • Kevin

There is no reason to not lock up all Catholic priests until they are dead. I'd support the death penalty for all of them. Religion.. what a crock. Wonder what goes on way down deep in that Vatican place. It has got to be the most horrifying child molestation house in te world. SICK !

February 16, 2011 at 7:26 pm |
    • America is agnostic

@peter live, you are a flat out liar. The percentage of catholic priest pedophiles is between 20 and 200 times that of the entire population, whether you are in America, Australia, England, etc... In America, the number of pedophile catholic priests is estimated at 10,969, according to bishopaccountability.org. You represent the hypocrisy within any and all religions, and that is the uncanny ability to turn a blind eye at the filthy corruption that you subscribe to. People like you should be in prison for accessory to child molestation. You are sick, and so is your religion (cult is in fact a better description).

February 16, 2011 at 7:27 pm |
    • Iqbal Khan

Go increase your knowledge about Islam.....check...

February 16, 2011 at 8:13 pm |
    • gerald

Ya and don't let you kids join sports and go to school. Plenty of child molesters in these groups too.

February 16, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@Peter Live!, San Antonio, TX

I am not the least bit angry and I have never been abused.

You believers can wail all you like about being persecuted, but any thinking person knows that you are merely trying to deflect attention and responsibility away from your sick cult. This problem is yours – no one else's. If you defend the rcc in any way, you are condoning their acts and responses to date.

I don't believe in god or prayer, but on the off chance (about 0.000001%) that it might work, I pray that the rcc gets sued into oblivion for the criminal acts their employees have committed and covered up.

February 17, 2011 at 1:26 am |
    • gerald

HotAirAce,

Atheists molest children too dude. Likely more than Catholic priests since the rate of abuse of priests is <2% and Atheists being in the general public where the rate is 7% could likely be expected to mirror that statistic or worse since they have less moral bounds.

February 17, 2011 at 8:27 am |
    • MarkinFL

The problem is not "how many" priests are doing it, so much as the church hierarchy covering it up for their own reasons. THAT is what makes the church a sick insti.tution in serious need of reform. Even if they have an abuse rate that is WAY below the general population, it is irrelevant when the church hierarchy itself is involved in covering it up.

February 17, 2011 at 8:37 am |
    • gerald

I see alot of allegations of coverup but very little real proof. Further most of the allegatoins of coverup don't take in to consideration what pscychology in the 70s and 80s was recommending.

February 17, 2011 at 2:03 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@Gerald and all rcc apologists

@Gerald and all other rcc apologists

I have not said, nor has anyone else, that this criminal behavior is unique to the rcc. I'm not even going to dispute the incidence rates you claim, although it would be trivial to refer you to very different numbers. This story is about child abuse in your cult, not in any other organization. And it's about cover-up of same – you would have to be CatholicMom or a complete idiot to ignore the overwhelming public evidence of on-going cover- up, right up to the current pope-a-dope, such as the doc-umentary done by CNN. The only purpose in mentioning the possibility/probability of similar crimes in other organizations is to deflect attention from the highly probable (yes, I understand "innocent until proven guilty") crimes in the rcc. And to mention the phsycology of the time is just another poor defense – much like saying slavery was OK 'cause that was the accepted practice (and supported by the christian book-of-silliness) at that time. In summary, please stop deflecting to protect your cult, and join those clamoring for change and justice, starting in your own backyard.

February 17, 2011 at 8:13 pm |
    • geraldh

Hotair, appropriately named. I don't disagree that there were some cover ups. But not as many as you would like their to be. Do you believe all the news, sit at the tv every night for your truth fix? I'll bet not. I'll bet you have a healthy dose of skepticism except when it comes to the Pope or the Catholic Church because of your obvious hatred for us. The accused Catholic is guilty until proven guilty for you Hot Air.

February 18, 2011 at 4:09 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@geraldh

Actually, I do watch a lot of news and read quite a bit. There are others who might even admit that I have read material they referred me to, but in any event, I am very comfortable that I am open new alternative views.

The real question here is why do continue to attempt to deflect attention away from the rcc's problem? It is quite likely the cover up goes all the way to current pope-a-dope! You might count that as *1* crime, but it is hugely significant!!

PS: just saw news flash – another priest, this time in South America, has been found guilty, or is being investigated, by the vatican for child abuse. If child abuse was a disease, and if religion did not get a free pass on criminal acts, child abuse by rcc priests would be classed as a pandemic.

February 18, 2011 at 6:36 pm |
    • gerald

Ace,

You missed my point. I said you believe everything you hear from the news. You give me no reason to think otherwise. I try to show that CA is a societal problem that has impregnated the priesthood rather than the other way around as the bigots would like to have us believe. But bigots have no place for that. They want to focus on the evil church and that only shows they dont really care about children and abuse but their lust for hatred of religion.

February 19, 2011 at 12:02 pm |
    • HotAirAce

@gerrand

If the rcc has it's child abuse problem under control, and its priests have been educated about the problem, and measures have been put into place to prevent the continued abuse of children, why isn't the church's incident rate much *better* than general societies?

You are correct that I hate religion, but I hate them all equally. There is nothing special about the rcc – it is equally nonsensical as any other manmade religion.

Speaking the truth about the stupidity of religion is not bigotry. Those opposed to slavery were not big its and neither are those pointing out the insanity of believing in imaginary sky daddies.

February 20, 2011 at 11:09 pm |
    • Smite Me

gerald,

As you are so fond of calling people bigots, perhaps a definition of the word is in order for you:

Bigot: One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

Ahem.

February 21, 2011 at 12:11 am |
    • geraldh

And you assume I am intolerant because I state my views? Nobody who knows me would say I am intolerant of other beliefs. I just don't agree with them. If you have to agree with other beliefs or your a bigot then we all have problems. However those who broad brush Catholic priests as all child molesters and then blast all Catholics need to take a look in the mirror and see if they really hate Catholics. I hate no one. god bless – Smite.

February 21, 2011 at 9:48 am |
    • gerald

Ace,

It is known that in the 60, and 70s the priesthood allowed in a large number of homsxls in some seminaries. As a matter of fact changes were not made until 1995 or so to the present. There are few incidents that are dated after that time. Now we will of course have to wait another 10 years or so to know for sure that the changes have helped because many victims dont speak about it until some time later. But there has been a huge education campaign going on in the church. What are you doing about your atheists budies who are child molestors?

February 21, 2011 at 9:53 am |