home
RSS
Your Take: Is it the end of the world as we know it?
Some Christians believe Judgment Day is just around the corner. Their job is to warn the people.
March 8th, 2011

Your Take: Is it the end of the world as we know it?

By Jessica Ravitz, CNN

Note to self: When writing about the End, expect no end of comments.

On Sunday we published “Road trip to the end of the world,” about a group that’s traveling by RV to spread a May 21 doomsday warning. You’ve posted about 10,000 comments on the story. And that doesn’t touch your responses to a sidebar, in which we took you on a historical journey called “Doomsdays throughout time.”

There’s no way to condense the opinions of all of you who expressed them, but here are some of the themes that seemed to emerge.

Doom and gloom has never been so fun

Plenty of you responded with humor, grateful for the news that will let you max out credit cards, avoid summer lawn mowing and forget about studying for final exams.

Some bemoaned the fact that plans you'd looked forward to would be canceled, like JohnDoee who said:

I just booked a vacation to Mexico starting May 21st. Wonder if my trip insurance covers end of the world.

Others invoked a certain headline-grabbing celeb, saying you’d put his antics to shame. Said GQPulbic:

If I knew with absolute certainly the world was ending in three months I would make Charlie Sheen look like a choir boy. Nothing would be off limits.

Still others decided to use the space as a virtual Craigslist of sorts, a venue to snag belongings that have been left behind. Wrote PL90210:

My wife and I are looking for a swingset for our daughter. If any of you have a swingset and feel your family has more important things to do between now and May 21st and wouldn't mind us having it, could you reply back and we can set something up?

No laughing matter

What you read also worried you. You expressed concerns about potential violence and mass suicide, and some even worried that these faithful RV travelers might be “terrorists.” Said Buddesatva:

These folks are mentally unbalanced. The kindest thing that we can do for them is get all of them into a program and I would stongly advise taking the children away. This thing smacks of a suicide cult. Whenever people start talking in superlatives and absolutes, you know that you have a psychosis in the works. The state needs to intervene now before people, specifically children end up getting hurt.

More than anything, those expressing such concern pointed to children who are not only being exposed to these teachings but are actually out there spreading the word, too. We introduced you to one young girl, Arianna, and learning about her got SpaceyG, who quoted part of the story, going:

Not harming innocent people in this, eh? 'It scares me a little bit because some people are going to die, and I think I'm one of them,' she adds. 'I'm trying to do good things, but I'm afraid I'm doing something bad.' Arianna is 7, after all, and being good all the time cannot be easy. Her father stands next to her, nodding his approval. Bless her frightened little heart. I hope she finds a good lawyer on May 22 to sue for punitive emotional damages.

To believe or not to believe

The story drew in many believers, though your beliefs differ, as well as those of you who dismiss religion altogether.

Summing up his (or her) anger was the aptly named AngryAtheist:

All religions are a disease. There's no way we can advance as a people when we all believe in gods that do absolutely nothing to prove an existence. You're taught from an early age when your parents forced you to go to church to learn fairy tales. Open your sheep minds… That fairy tale book called the bible was written by those in power to keep the power, to control the masses, and to gain wealth. There isn't a god, nor was there ever one.

But these sort of responses had plenty of faithful readers fighting back. Some voiced that you, too, believe the end is near, but unlike this group of travelers you refuse to nail down a date. Hundreds threw out scripture, reminding us that “No man will know the day or hour,” and that Jesus will return “like a thief in the night.” Said SBack89:

Jesus actually states in the Bible, 'Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. But about the day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.' (Matthew 24:35-36). So as Christ says, He has not even been told by His Father in heaven as to when exactly the world will end. So this group of people are going directly against the Bible, the true word of God.

What’s next?

Countless readers wondered what these doomsday travelers will do when they wake up on May 22 and nothing has changed.

Chilcat: "I Reeeeealy hope CNN will do a story on the poor deluded folks on May 22nd." In a quick response, we heard from Wzrd1: "One can wish. But, given CNN's attention span, or lack thereof, they won't. : ( "

Oh, Wzrd1, ye of little faith ...

- CNN Writer/Producer

Filed under: Belief • Bible

soundoff (1,121 Responses)
  1. Halleluljah

O God if only they knew what your Son was praying for in the model prayer.

March 9, 2011 at 4:48 am |
    • Chyort

He was se-xually exhausted from being with his disciples. Read it again. Now it makes sense, right?

March 9, 2011 at 5:11 am |

@Halleluljah
      Yes... but the mockers will never know, till the day overcomes them like the great flood of old, and they perish... This is the true tragedy, that so many ar born, live and die, yet they never find out why they were even on this earth, till they stand before God whom they denied and mocked while they had chance to know Him, love Him, and receive gift of eter-nal life from Him....

March 9, 2011 at 12:41 pm |
  2. Halleluljah

Guess we should ask the pope what he thinks on the matter? Or maby his pedifiles will know!!!!

March 9, 2011 at 4:46 am |
  3. Justmehere

I don't believe judgement day will be May 21st. As many others have stated, only God know the day judgement will come. However, I do believe end times are fast approaching. I agree with with Prism 1234, I am glad to be a sheep. I am glad after searching that I found God and accepted Jesus as my Saviour. My hope is that more people will as well.

March 9, 2011 at 3:32 am |
    • Justmehere

*knows

March 9, 2011 at 3:36 am |
  4. JRD

My 2 cents in the matter is that the world is not going to end this year or 2012; however, a lot people will die just like every year so in other words our lives will end sooner or later but the world will go on.

March 9, 2011 at 2:20 am |
  5. aleksandrvin

No it's not the end of the world. That will come on December 21, 2012 just like the Mayans predicted.

March 9, 2011 at 1:13 am |
  6. Cecilia

One more thing . Patrick said that we (Christians) are just sheep who give our money away to pastors so they can drive fancy cars etc. YUP, and thats why Mother Theresa stood out from the crowd. She had no money, and worked in the streets with very sick people. She didn't drive limos etc. So what was her motive? Fame? hardly. She loved God and wanted to spend her life serving him doing whatever he asked of her. That is what religon is about-putting God first and serving him. Its about Giving NOT Getting. And Patrick, don't fool yourself. You are under a system of "control". What kind of car do you drive? How many things do you buy that you really don't need. Advertisers target us CONSTANTLY to buy their stuff. You have to obey the many (and often stupid) laws in this country. The speed limit etc.... Do you have a job? If so, how many rules does your employer impose on you?? (mine has tons....) My employer has more rules and regulations (policies) than the C. Church could fathom.

March 9, 2011 at 1:07 am |
    • aleksandrvin

Would you count all that money Mother Teresa got from Papa Doc Duvalier of Haiti not having any money?

March 9, 2011 at 1:15 am |
    • Colin

Mother Theresa was a supersti-tious nut case who believed that she saw a god in Albania as a kid. Big deal, there are many nut jobs out there who claim to have seen Mary, god, Jesus, aliens, bigfoot. etc.

She did a lot of charitable work, but also caused a lot of pain by refusing to support condom use or the use of other contraceptives in the slums of Calcutta. Added up, she probably did more harm than good.

And all this because her supersti-tion told her that the creator of the entire Universe and its billions of galaxies had a personal interest in the $ex lives of dirt poor people from the slums of calcutta.

March 9, 2011 at 1:19 am |
    • myklds

@colin..How about you? Have you've done much out of your unbelief?

March 9, 2011 at 3:17 am |
    • auditor

@aleksandrvin...do you have all the vouchers to know it?

March 9, 2011 at 3:20 am |
    • PRISM 1234

It seems that when any in-fringe-ment/obs-tacle is in he way of living out man's car – na-l /s-ex-u-al c-rav-ing-s, he will even silence the voice of his own c-on-science, and sell out his own soul! .... And he will not even back of from blas-ph-eming God and hur-ling in-su-lts on His saints. Oh, how low has man fallen... in all the glory of his knowledge and advancement, he has become low-er then those he thinks he evo-lved from......

March 9, 2011 at 12:01 pm |
    • Patrick

"You are under a system of "control". What kind of car do you drive? How many things do you buy that you really don't need. Advertisers target us CONSTANTLY to buy their stuff. You have to obey the many (and often stupid) laws in this country"

The difference you see is that I am aware that religion is a system of control unlike believers. I am also aware that marketing is a system of control and don't fall for it much either. Don't know why what car I drive makes a difference...its an 11 year old Chrysler Sebring right now. You can see marketing has been ineffective as no one has controlled me to buy a new one even though I have the money now.

How many things do I buy that I don't need... well I don't really NEED a computer except for I use it for my job as well. Other than that... no credit card debt... only a small equity loan. A good monitor/TV for my computer and I am all set thanks.

...but as I said. I am aware that I am being marketed to and 99% of it has no effect on me.

March 9, 2011 at 1:20 pm |
  7. Cecilia

OH, and as for the world ending on May 21. There is no telling how badly they have twisted the bible to make it say what they want it to. This is nothing new. People do it all the time. The bible is wonderful but in the wrong hands it is used foolishly.

March 9, 2011 at 12:52 am |
    • PRISM 1234

Cecilia, satan(little s for him) knows the Bible from cover to cover, but he is so deceived himself, that he thinks he will win the final battle of Armagedon, against Jesus Christ and his saints. He also take the Word of God and twists it for his purposes, that's how he creates false doctrines, even in Christendom. Has anyone ever counterfeited false money? Of course not! But there are many counterfeits of real money, because of it's worth. satan knows God's word, and who Jesus Christ is, and he knows that the Holy Bible is God's record given to mankind of Himself, and that Jesus, being the Word of God made flesh is the only way, truth and life, and without Him, every soul will be d' a -m -ned. That's why he has filled so many of his servants with hate, as we can plainly see even here, on this blog!

March 9, 2011 at 10:33 am |
    • Magic

prism 1234 (lower case letters for you too) - presenting an ad hominem against an imaginary being is ludicrous.

Here's another scenario for you: Satan is the master of deception, according to you, right? The Master. Are you really sure that he didn't write the Bible to lead you astray? He would be wily enough to make himself look bad to hook you, throw in just enough love stuff and promises of life everlasting to reel you in. Then he would just sit back and watch everyone fight and even kill and die for it. Brilliant!

March 9, 2011 at 1:51 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

Well, magic... you have swallowed the lie, hook, line and sinker. No magic will work to set you free, since you reject Jesus Christ. You will face harsh reality when you really see whom you have served in your life! And it won't be and beautiful angel, comming to greet you, you mark this word! But, suit yourself, that's your prerogative! I'm not your enemy!
      🙂

March 9, 2011 at 3:30 pm |
    • Magic

PRISM 1234,

I generally live my live with love, kindness, humility, generosity and good will... as much as is possible, thank you very much.

I do get irritated by superst!tious people who tell me that I (and everyone else) must believe their myths and fantasies.... or else.

March 9, 2011 at 7:12 pm |
    • Magic

*live my live = live my life

March 9, 2011 at 7:15 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

I am sorry that you get irritated, and I don't want to carry on any conversation with you any longer. However I want to correct you in this , that my faith and co-n-vic-tions I have are by no means a super-st-ition. You must be very un- knowledgeable about real Christianity, what it really is, and what it's substance is, because you put it on equal level with all the other religions. But that's not what it is, because religion is man's atempt to reach but Christianity is God Himself reaching down to man, and establishing a way that men can come to Him and know Him. That's the difference, and I think you should have a chance to have another look at something you really don't know nothing about!But I have no hard feelings toward you, or anyone else!

March 10, 2011 at 12:23 am |
    • PRISM 1234

...meant to say on 4th line "man's atempt to reach God, but Christianity......."

March 10, 2011 at 12:28 am |
    • Magic

PRISM 1234,

I have no need to converse with you further either.

Just so you know, though, I have quite extensive knowledge of Christianity. I was a devout believer for many, many years, until I gradually discovered that there is no supernatural truth in it.

I wish you well and hope that someday you will become more aware of what is real.

March 10, 2011 at 1:28 am |

@Magic
      Thank you! I do wish the same for you!

March 10, 2011 at 11:30 am |
  8. PeopleJustDontListen

People Just Don't listen very well. The Bilble says No One knows what Day or Hour the end will come, but they continue to attempt to predict the Day of Judgement even though they don't have enough information. First, they should predict Friday's Megaball Numbers, then Saturday's Powerball Numbers! Then, I'm on board!

March 9, 2011 at 12:48 am |
    • Colin

Citing one source of supersti-tious nonsense to refute another source of supersti-tious nonsense. Doesn't advenace the ball.

March 9, 2011 at 1:09 am |
    • aleksandrvin

The Bible is the world's largest fairy tale. Just because some human beings, who are world class liars as you know, sat down and wrote something they want you to believe so they can control your life, doesn't mean it's the truth, or even remotely close. The books written about Jesus were all written more than 150 years after he died. You can imagine how embellished they must be. For instance, just suppose someone just now decided to sit down and write about president Lincoln, with nothing else to go on but stories passed down from mouth to mouth about him over the last 150 years. Wouldn't surprise me if they had him walking on water too.

March 9, 2011 at 1:24 am |
  9. Cecilia

A person named Observer wrote that the bible requires people to be slaves to rules and regulations. Actually the main "rule" of Christianity is to Love one Another. Doesn't sound too bad to me. Of course there are those annoying TEN Commandments.
    Like – Love God with all your heart-Don't Steal–Don't Kill. etc. Don't commit adultry(that one might be bothersome eh??)
    These are rules that all humans need to live a happy life. There is much wisdom in them if you are interested in that sorta thing.

March 9, 2011 at 12:47 am |
  10. Guessmode

Well then ... it's the 2 for one Haggendaz pig out for me.

March 9, 2011 at 12:15 am |
  11. Reality

What do we really know:

1. The Sun will burn out in 3-4 billion years so we have a time frame.

2. Asteroids continue to whiz by us daily.

3. One large hit and it is all over in a blast of permanent winter.

4. There are enough nuclear weapons to do the same job.

5. Most contemporary NT exegetes do not believe in the Second Coming so apparently there is no concern about JC coming back on an asteroid or cloud of raptors/rapture.

Bottom line: our apocalypse will start between now and 3-4 billion CE.

March 9, 2011 at 12:13 am |
  12. unknown

Lol, its funny how you all think the world is going to end. You dont know that these people that are saying it's happaning is because they want attention thats all so forget all about this stuff. the world will end when god wants it to end. i think all these people that are beliving this stuff is being alittle silly cause they dont know the world is going to end i mean its to early to die right now. Just one question are these people god? no do they know his plans? no are they going to get attention and scare people yes. You people cannot listin to this stuff its totel BS!

March 9, 2011 at 12:03 am |
  13. ed Bailey

My mother got me out of the babtist bible belt at an early age. In Chicago where I obtained most of my education I never heard one teacher bring a religious diety, a concept, a quote of any kind to attempt to control us. My mother was right, she told me we were going norh because the schools were better!

March 8, 2011 at 11:19 pm |
  14. jordan

the bible states that no man knows the hour or the time that the Son of man comes except for God himself. Jesus Christ could return before you finish reading this. When He does return it will b in the twinkling of an eye, so the people need to be ready...

March 8, 2011 at 11:04 pm |
    • Phil

Why do you people keep saying this? Did you even read the article before posting? It already states that in the article itself...

March 9, 2011 at 12:20 am |
  15. PRISM 1234

To the question "Is it the end of the world as we know it?"...
    No, not yet, but the time is definitely being near. All the signs point to it, and the prophecies written long ago have been fulfilled, all other then the final stage, written in book of Revelations. One thing you can look at, is the Middle East, and what is happening with Israel. It was foretold thousands of years that God will bring them out from exile, into their own land. It happened! Another sign of the end times, the increased knowledge of mankind. Consider this: a little more then 100 years ago people lived as they always did, with little change through all those hundreds, even thousands of years. But only in these last times man has become so advanced in knowledge , and we really don't live normal lives, like all the other generations lived, nor do we live in ordinary times. But one thing that came with the advancement in knowledge that's most striking, and it is the corruption of the human character.... more then ever in history of mankind! Yes, there were always evils in the world, but never have people, the ordinary people, become so inclined to evil, particular to immorality and searing their consciences, have become proud, arrogant and cold in hearts like today. Never has evil become celebrated as good, nor good shunned by so many, and called evil.... SO if anyone still thinks this is just a silly talk, well, they must not have been living in real world lately....

March 8, 2011 at 11:02 pm |
    • Patrick

" It was foretold thousands of years that God will bring them out from exile, into their own land. It happened!"

Yes yes we must control sheeple and make them pay all their money to the preachers so the preachers can buy fancy cars and take trips to vacation paradise on the sheeples dime. Jim & Tammy Faye... and all the rest that came before or after... perfect example of what religion is about. A system of control... to get money from sheep.

March 8, 2011 at 11:26 pm |
    • Observer

Mark 9:1 “And Jesus was saying to them, “Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here
      who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power."

A couple thousand years off so far.

March 8, 2011 at 11:34 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

I give tghanks to God for being one of His people, and find no offence in being called His sheep, because that's what His people are, and He is our shepherd... I rather be His sheep than a goat, which is what He names those who are not of His flock, but of their father, the de-vil.
      But how is it that you say we're controlled by what/who ever you say that we are.... People who KNOW Christ, are the most happiest and most liberated people on th face of the earth.
      But , you friend, don't even know that you are in the chains of slavery, yet you say someone is controlling us?! You really got it mixed up! WOW!

March 8, 2011 at 11:52 pm |
    • Observer

Non-believers are in the "chains of slavery". Get serious. The Bible supports slavery. The Bible requires people to be slaves to all the rules and regulations in it. Free-thinking is completely discouraged.

March 9, 2011 at 12:01 am |
    • myklds

@Patrick...What is the use of the quote? It's like that you borrowed a trash bin from PRISM but you throw your garbage everywhere.

March 9, 2011 at 2:22 am |
    • PRISM 1234

Friend, you only think you are free, and think for yourself.
      If it were so, then why do you subject yourself to any kind of suggestion sa-tan is landing in your mind and taking you captive by his desires for you? You are truly his servant, as everyone else is who has rejected Christ, and has not been freed from sin and given new life in Him.
      And the proof of what I'm saying is even here, on this blog where insults are being hurled at Him, and those who are His, for a reason that's mystery to every logical, unbiased mind. sa-tan (little s for him) must belittle and demean God's people and the name of Jesus Christ, because that's how he lifts himself up, and you are doing his will. You see, that's why you people, who do such things, are slaves. But so long he's can make you think you're free and mock God, even blaspheming his name, he's got you where he wants you, and he has your soul. That, friend, is true slavery, much worse then the one man can impose on you! How I wish you would understand that... and how God wants you too, He sent His son Jesus Christ to set you free, and yet you mock and rage against those who care enough to warn you of what faith you are on! That's a true tragedy.

March 9, 2011 at 10:08 am |

Meant to say
      "He sent His son Jesus Christ to set you free, and yet you mock and rage against those who care enough to warn you of what PATH you are on", lest I be ridiculed even for word used amiss, or spelling mistakes, as if that proved any superiority of those who don't have any! I see this happening often.

March 9, 2011 at 10:17 am |
    • Patrick

@ mykids your right the quote didn't have anything to do what I said... but the text in his post did. He laid the old fear of eternal tortute or damnation thing down again.

Notice he did again:

"He sent His son Jesus Christ to set you free, and yet you mock and rage against those who care enough to warn you of what faith you are on! That's a true tragedy." then he went on about how its satan making me this way.

Whatever... no one is forcing me to discount your opinion. If you could provide any facts for your position you might convince me.

Don't see satan anywhere... provide proof he exists.

March 9, 2011 at 1:27 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

@The proof was given to you, even the voice of your own conscience, but you have silenced it in the pride of your heart, and imagination of your mind. So, you will have no excuse.
      You will not have another proof, unless you humble yourself, and God has pity on you to show you how wretched and in need of Him you really are. Otherwise you will die in your sin, and face Him without covering for your sin. And this is not my word, friend, it is His, and you can do what you will with it. That is the awesome responsibility to have for one's own soul....
      Like I said before, I'm not your enemy noar do I write my posts with a mean spirited attiude. But you have an enemy you don't even recognize, but who has blinded the eyes of your heart to the truth of the saving knowledge of the only One who can save your soul (which can not die, and will live on and on, for eternity) in whose bondage of deception you are, and who is controlling your life, so that you are doing his will, while he is living out his desires through you, even hatred for God, and anyone who tells you about Him.
      You think satan doesn't exist? ... where does the hate toward the name of Jesus Christ come from that s' in your heart? Why such hatred, why such blasphemies and ridiculing those who speak His Word?I'm not saying it to you only, but as these posts on this and another blogs clearly show, there is such hatred toward the name of Jesus Christ in those people , that, If you really could see clearly, you would ask yourself those questions. But you are in bondage to the enemy of your soul, and you can't see. ...

So, when you throw your demeaning words at me, you are barking at the wrong tree! Go to the root of your problem!

March 9, 2011 at 6:51 pm |
  16. TheRationale

After The Rapture Mints, people, After The Rapture Mints.

March 8, 2011 at 9:13 pm |
  17. Red

The problem is that people want to think they have free will, and really, you can't have free will with or without a God. If God knows what's gonna happen, you don't have a choice...if it's just science, then your whole life is a function of gravity, all of your thoughts, actions...they boil down to elementary forces that make you think one way or the other. So we like to think that an infinite being has a way around this...and perhaps something infinite can...

Proceed with the futility...

March 8, 2011 at 9:01 pm |
    • gorillahug

"...of course we have free will, because we have no choice..." – Christopher Hitchens

March 8, 2011 at 10:40 pm |
  18. Heidi'ss

EVERYBODY THAT BELIEVES THE WORLD IS ENDING ON THAT DAY ARE MENTALLY RETARDED BECAUSE IT'S NOT IF I WAKE UP 5-22-11 IMMA LAUGH SO F-ING HARD IMMA PEE IN MY PANTS FOR REAL...............

March 8, 2011 at 8:41 pm |
    • HarshReality

Does your mon & dad know you are using their computer??

March 8, 2011 at 8:47 pm |
    • goodhonestson

March 8, 2011 at 9:38 pm |
    • Patrick

"what will happen if you don't wake up and moreso, what will you do if indicators leading up to that day change your mind? Will you beg for repentance and mercy?"

Ummm no... what should I beg for mercy from? Being born and living my life as I wish... drinking and womanizing and coveting as much as I want. No thanks...

I love this picture of some merciful being that supposedly loves all humanity but then wants to commit people to eternal damnation.

Whatever...believe your own garbage and leave the rest of us out of it.

March 8, 2011 at 11:23 pm |
    • myklds

@Patrick...I find you a Mesotheist rather than an Atheist.

March 9, 2011 at 3:06 am |
    • Patrick

"@Patrick...I find you a Mesotheist rather than an Atheist"

Find what you wish... Agnostic basically means I am not so arrogant or think myself all-knowing to totally discount the possibility. It is a term I prefer more than mesotheist.

March 9, 2011 at 1:23 pm |
  19. James

I find the book of Job philosophically interesting. If there is a supreme creator I think perhaps it is well beyond me to claims against such a being - it is not for me to judge God. That is not my place. However I can judge YOU (although the Bible says i shouldn't do that either I guess!). But let me ask you, the believer - what do you think it says about you as a person that you look forward to a time when the majority of your fellow creatures will be sent to what is ostensibly (on the face of it) eternal horrible torture?

I mean you'll probably say "we'll I hope they will except the savior" or something, but you know that isn't going to happen - most people in the world live somewhere where other ideas are dominant and aren't going to be touched be grace ... Your moral luck of coming to "salvation" is bought at the price of someone else's eternal misery.

March 8, 2011 at 7:56 pm |
    • Gryph...

Not very Christian of them to do that... is it?

March 8, 2011 at 8:09 pm |
    • PRISM 1234

James, there has no human being ever been born, lived and died, that didn't have some kind of encounter with God, or revelation of Him.
      God's Word, which is Jesus Christ, His son, whom He sent to redeem the fallen mankind, and the written Word, which He gave as a testimony of Himself to mankind, declare that very thing. You will find it written in Romans2:14-16. The fact that so many people end up going to the place which was not created for any human being, but for devil and his de- m-ons, it is not God's doing, nor His will. But He has given every human being a free will – to seek Him, and honoring Him, or choosing not too. So it is not His doing if people in their rebellion turn Him away.
      One thing is that troubles so many, is that we people see only partially, but God beholds the whole picture. But He gave a promise to those who come to Him , seeking Him with humble hearts trusting their lives to Him. In 1Cor.13:12 is written: For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known"
      And in 1Cor.3:9 it is written: Eye has not seen, nor ear heart, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him". One aim of the deceiver, who is the enemy of our souls is to cause us, humans whom God created, to doubt the character of God, because if he can accomplish that, he has separated this person from God . God is holy and righteous, and His ways are just. When Jesus came, He came to declare the Father, so if anyone wants to know God and His character, it is expressed in person of Jesus Christ. And when those who reject Him do so, it is because of what is in their hearts.

March 8, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
    • Patrick

"You will find it written in Romans2:14-16"

Listen to this guy... you will find it in passage X of some book written by a bunch of lecherous preachers over a period of 2,000 years to control their flock.

Flock=SHEEP.

March 8, 2011 at 11:21 pm |
  20. Michael

While so many in the media seem to be reporting this group with an eye roll, I am actually very curious to know WHY this guy thinks May 21 will be the end? How did he come to that date? Is he claiming to be a prophet? Does he think he has found some secret code in the Bible? Is this more of that hilarious daVinci Code garbage that Dan Brown stole and so many stupid poeple actually took seriously? Why won't anyone in the media just tell me HOW he came up with 5/21/11?

Also, to all the athiests out there, you are the true sheep...you believe the garbage your 7th grade science teacher spouted off about how the human body, the most complicated organism in the universe developed from the same mold that grows in your shower lol. Even though there is absolutely no proof of mutation from single celled to multi celled organisms, no way to explain how RNA just "became" DNA, not to mention the fact that most "science" is circular assumption that is taken as fact without proof. Talk about faith.

March 8, 2011 at 7:53 pm |
    • Gryph...

I highly recommend you return for High School science where they discussed many theories more relate-able than "Cuz God did that", stopping in the seventh grade not supporting your commentary. However Atheist question everything, thats part of the deal, doubt, theorize, question, test, confirm, replicate, the facts...FACTS, the total and utter reducible counter to the religious infection of truthiness we get from believers. I can write a book, call it the Boble (intentional), and make it from COMIC books! and 2000 years from now people would call me nuts too, the parameters for that future society will be drastically different, regardless of what the faithful say today. Just like we say today that the bible's lessons in common sense are nice, but its mere fiction and nothing more, like Greek Pagan Roman and Norse Myths before it.

March 8, 2011 at 8:16 pm |
    • Jobel

You sir, are a class-A moron. Not worth the time to debate with. Go back under the rock from whence you came.

March 8, 2011 at 8:26 pm |
    • Patrick

"Also, to all the athiests out there, you are the true sheep...you believe the garbage your 7th grade science teacher spouted off about how the human body, the most complicated organism in the universe developed from the same mold that grows in your shower lol"

Obviously you didn't even pass 5th grade science. Mold isn't an amoeba...

Yes it is complicated... we've also mapped the DNA that makes it complicated and identified what many of the functions of those specific DNA are. Already treatments that use that DNA are being used and more are on the way.

BTW your the sheep.. .you believe in a book written and modified by many men over a period of two thousand years. A book that attempts to control sheeple and make them fear some omnipotent omniscient being that doesn't even exist. While proof exists for that the earth is not flat... and that other stars exist and there are planets around them. No proof exists of an ark... a supreme being ever speaking to someone on this planet or pretty much anything else contained in the bible.

March 8, 2011 at 11:19 pm |
    • Patrick

"Just like we say today that the bible's lessons in common sense are nice, but its mere fiction and nothing more, like Greek Pagan Roman and Norse Myths before it."

Those myths... which the men who wrote the bible took... made their own modifications and then claimed as the word of god.

Plagiarists is what they were.

March 8, 2011 at 11:35 pm |
    • Michelle

Go to Family Radio.com Read We are almost there? Then you will know why he came up with May21 2011

March 9, 2011 at 9:17 am |