home
RSS
April 25th, 2011

Billboard battle over Judgment Day

(CNN) - We've told you about the caravan of RVs touring the country to warn people about the end of the world, which they say will begin on May 21.

Now, the American Atheists are mounting a counter-campaign.

The group has posted a billboard in Oakland, California - home to Family Radio, which is spreading the "awesome news" that Judgment Day is near - declaring that such messages are "nonsense."

"The Rapture: You KNOW it's Nonsense," the American Atheists' billboard announces. "2000 Years of 'Any Day Now.'"

The billboard - which cost $27,000, according to the group's website - invites passers-by to "Learn the Truth" at the group's "Rapture Party" on May 21-22 in Oakland.

The atheists also plan to hold parties in Houston, Texas, and Fort Lauderdale, Florida, the website says.

"This is how religion hurts people, one of the many ways religion hurts people," American Atheists President David Silverman told CNN Oakland, California, affiliate KGO.

"Our hope is that those who are not suckered in will learn from the people who are."

Read the full story at KGO's website.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Atheism • Death • End times

soundoff (2,436 Responses)
  1. beth

I'm apathetically agnostic. Maybe god exists. maybe not. I don't really care either way. I don't related to those who want to force others to believe what they believe and I don't really relate to those who take out big billboards like this. I assume their motivation comes from having had religion forced on them, though, which I can see as a response. My parents were not Christian but were forced to say the lords prayer in school–something very unjust! People with that type of background and other negative experiences with 'believers' can be left with a bad taste in their mouths. I know having people tell me I'm going to hell sure doesn't motivate me to be anything like them! It is rude and annoying and a turn off.

April 25, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
    • Mr. Pumpy

Word!

April 25, 2011 at 9:20 pm |
  2. Flipper

I have found that there are two types of atheists. One group is composed of non-believers who have a respect for those who do believe. They don't resort to smug, petty comments about how smart they are & how pedestrian & backwards believers are. They understand & respect the important role that Christianity has played in forming their country, their culture, and Western Civilization in general. They don't get hysterical when someone says "God bless you" when they sneeze, they usually say "Merry Christmas" to their Christian friends, and they respect other important holy days like Easter. They are usually kind, considerate, and tolerant towards others.

The other group of atheists are the exact opposite of the first group.

Which group do you think the atheists who put up this condescending billboard are part of? What group do you think that some of the posters in this forum who make childish comments towards others they disagree with are part of?

April 25, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
    • Fat Bobby Joe

Would you respect adults who believe in Santa Claus?
      Would you respect adults who believe in the tooth fairy?
      Would you respect people who believe in the bogey man?
      Would you respect people who believe that their dog speaks to them (Son of Sam)?

If you can answer any of the above questions, yes, then you are an idiot. Beliefs do not deserve respect.

April 25, 2011 at 9:00 pm |
    • Flipper

Uh, Fat Bobby Joe...you are a troll...perhaps your life's greatest achievement 🙂

April 25, 2011 at 9:02 pm |
    • Skinny Bobby Jane

@ Fat Bobby Joe: No, beliefs don't deserve respect, but people do. Regardless of what they believe.

April 25, 2011 at 9:06 pm |
    • Herbys

They belong to the group that cares when other people waste their lives adoring an imaginary being that's there only to make them suffer.
      I used to be a "believer". I was released for that mind's prision by one of these "snug" atheists. I will thank him for my whole life. Religion had made my life miserable (even though I thought I was "happy", I constantly suffered in fear of not being good enough), had comsumed a significant portion of my time that would have been better used at lots of things and had kept me from enjoying quite healthy things that were "sinful".
      If a sign like this "saves" just one person from that mind's prision, I'm all for it. After all, organized religion spends billions in similar campaigns to bring other people in (and they don't have moral barriers, they usually target kids when they are young enough not to know better).

April 25, 2011 at 9:10 pm |
    • Tohrm

@Skinny Bobby Jane – You say "regardless of what they believe" yet you have been anything but respectful of those who oppose you. What a joke.

@Flipper – Your simplistic and erratic conclusions only prove that you have no idea what you're talking about. I happen to be an atheist who can be polite or rude depending on many factors.
      You assume that an individual is only going to act in one way all the time. That is an incredibly stupid assumption to make. You really should take some time and really think things through before opening your mouth or typing your ill-considered opinions. Smart posts get respect. Yours not so much. And I'm really trying hard not to be insulting, so please don't pretend that you are being insulted. Truth can hurt but that does not make it an insult. Truth is just truth. There are no emotions behind simple facts. I hope you can understand that I am showing you how I can be both polite and rude, even within the same post.
      Try thinking more than one step ahead.
      (sorry, but you are being stupid)

April 25, 2011 at 11:25 pm |
  3. John

The world is full of hateful mean spirited people, you can see it every time you view a message board like this. People like to say there is no proof there is a God well you have no proof there isn't. I have a better question, why do you feel the need to put down and insult others for having a different belief then yours? I believe in God, I don't believe Judgment day is coming may 21st but so what if people do, if they aren't hurting anyone or being disruptive let them be. Stop the hate people.

April 25, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
    • Fat Bobby Joe

Would you respect adults who believe in Santa Claus?
      Would you respect adults who believe in the tooth fairy?
      Would you respect people who believe in the bogey man?
      Would you respect people who believe that their dog speaks to them?

April 25, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
    • Herbys

First, asking for proof of the non-existence of something is just silly.
      Second, mean spirited people have been "converting" others to religions that ask them to declare themselves "slaves" of an imaginary being, devoting their time to "pray" to be "saved" from a made-up punishment.
      Well-meaned people would actually use their brains to discover which is actual truth. They would follow whatever their discoveries told them (and stand corrected when others discover via the same means that they are wrong). And they would actually care and worry for those that are victims of organized religion, which has caused more suffering in human history than anything else, including greed, money and nationalism combined.

April 25, 2011 at 9:04 pm |
  4. Fichts

"People do not protest ballets, make fun of people wearing tutus, so why waste your life attacking religion"? Because people making those shows don't say: In this piece, we see that the protagonist does not want an abortion, therefore all abortions should be illegal. If you religious fools would just keep your fat noses out of secular affairs, we wouldn't have to recoil. We wouldn't have to respond, but you guys get into power and want to impose your completely ignorant religious beliefs on everyone else. Welcome to the public sector, where you are ridiculed for being stupid.

April 25, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
    • Herbys

One thing that angers me more than religiousness is those that equate anti-abortion with religious. I think abortion is wrong after the first trimester not on religious basis (I'm so atheist I would make Richard Dawkins blush) but on a scientific basis. I think after a certain point in its development a fetus is a human being (and I think that has been properly established by science, though the exact point is open to debate) and thus terminating the fetus is murder. I don't see what's so special about the passage through the birth channel to make it a clear barrier between abortion and murder (and in some cases, people killing newborns have successfully claimed in court that they were late abortions). So please, don't mix religiousness with being against abortion, it just murks the waters.

April 25, 2011 at 9:45 pm |
  5. Andy

Disbelievers will understand what they did wrong when they stand at judgement before God.
    Why do atheists go out of their way to prove God does not exists? You are as wrong as the religious extremists.

April 25, 2011 at 8:49 pm |
    • Fat Bobby Joe

Andy, that ain't gonna happen. Since there is no god, there is no judgment.

April 25, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
    • Herbys

Right. And for your own good, I hope you are talking about Thor, the true and only God. Because, you know, you are a disbeliever in a thousand gods and a thousand "truths" about the end of the world. All with exactly the same amount of supporting evidence with just one exception. One that has used reason and observation to discover when the end of time is coming. That's science, and it tells us that it is coming in approximately ten billion years unless we ourselves screw up first.
      But I'm still sure that Thor is the only true god and he will punish non-believers with his mighty hammer. Prepare, the end is near!

April 25, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
    • Skinny Bobby Jane

@ Fat Bobby Joe: Again, shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

April 25, 2011 at 9:02 pm |
    • Peter Rabbit

Fatty Jane, you are not the only voice of irrationals in the allowed a voice...just ask your tighty righties wing nuts that have bankrupted our economy with selfishness and greed.

April 25, 2011 at 9:05 pm |
    • Skinny Bobby Jane

Peter Wabbit: You need to reconstruct that sentence because it doesn't make sense, "you are not the only voice of irrationals in the allowed a voice" And how would you know what I am? You're comment makes YOU sound irrational.

April 25, 2011 at 9:12 pm |
    • Herbys

"why do atheists go out of their way to prove god does not exist".
      You have to agree the question is important. If god exists or not it is not irrelevant. So it makes sense that people devote effort to finding out. Some do by using their brains, others just believe the first thing that was told to them when they were kids.
      Being surprised about people devoting a small portion of their lives to prove there's no god, and then naturally accepting that milliosn devote their whole lives to gods existence (and actually to different and mutually exclusive versions of god, so it is undeniable that the majority of that time is definitely wasted) can't possibly be right.

April 25, 2011 at 9:35 pm |
  6. st

I don't believe, but I don't care if anyone else does. I wish some of you wouldn't start whining about all atheists as if we all care what you're doing, as long as it doesn't affect us.

April 25, 2011 at 8:44 pm |
    • Mr. Pumpy

I can not believe I’ve read through so many posts and whenever someone is challenged with, “Leave the believers alone, they are not bothering you.” or, “I don’t believe, but believers don’t bother me as long as they keep to themselves.” no one argues in this direction: Religion is the scourge of the earth. I don’t know if I want to take a hard line on anything in terms of what’s out there when we die. This is simply because anything is possible in the end, however I can not truly say I believe in any sort of god that I have ever had described to me by a theology on this planet. Religion is the key catalyst to almost every major skirmish for thousands of years now. God, no god…whatever, but if you argue this point, then I think you are ignorant…and possibly even lying to yourself. Religion, especially many forms of Catholicism and Christianity, is elitist, accusatory, meddling, misogynistic, hypocritical, and worst of all, trying to make everyone believe the good word. I don’t believe it, but I still think people and life are precious and beautiful and should be treated with graciousness. I don’t need a higher power to teach me this…it is inherent in being a sentient being.

April 25, 2011 at 9:17 pm |
  7. Yup

April 25, 2011 at 8:42 pm |
  8. Jack

Look. I'm an atheist, but I have no problem with religion. Those who do, well, you got your own problem right there.

April 25, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
    • Fat Bobby Joe

Well, Jack, then you are as ignorant as they are.

April 25, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
    • Herbys

Probably you weren't raised within a religion. So you didn't waste whole days praying, or restricting yourself from doing "dirty" things that didn't have anything wrong. You have to understand that those that did and, once reached the age of reason, decided to stop living in fantasyland have reasons to hate religion. You would if you have wasted one third of your life just because your parents indoctrinated you into their beliefs (which is mandatory in most religions, BTW).
      Also, your kids obviously don't go to a school where they are told Darwin was wrong (and I'm not talking about the US here, there are regions of the world where that's still the norm).

April 25, 2011 at 9:49 pm |
  9. Duke13

I do believe the rapture will occur at some time known only to God. I do not believe that Harold Camping and his followers at Family Radio have devine insight as to the exact date.

If you read and believe the Bible there is prophesy yet to be fulfilled.

April 25, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
    • Up Your Rear Admiral

Duke13, see you in the rapture capsule with the unicorns. There's special room for dukes. Don't forget to wear your nose ring – the big steel one that I padlocked the chain on with when we were practicing for the uplifting.

Tell your friends too. Then it can be one big yank.

April 25, 2011 at 8:43 pm |
  10. JMK

Atheists aren't the only ones who think "the end of the world is right around the corner" is BS. I wish they would stop clumping all people of faith into one category: mindless idiots.

April 25, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
    • Up Your Rear Admiral

people of faith | mindless idiots. Can you see a difference? I can't see a difference.

April 25, 2011 at 8:47 pm |
    • copanut

I'm an atheist and I can see the difference. Most religious people are normal and rational (other than their supernatural beliefs), while only a fringe minority are the kind of wackos who drive around a bus proclaiming the end is nigh.

Now, in return, you should try to understand the difference between some notion of a creator god vs the monster Yahweh or the impossible Jesus

April 25, 2011 at 9:03 pm |
  11. LoL

@Jkimbo

One only resorts to ad hominems when one has nothing with which to argue.

April 25, 2011 at 8:33 pm |
  12. mjg228

This just shows how stupid the atheists AND right wing Christians are. This belief of the rapture hasn't been around for 2000 years, but less than 200 years from the screwed up theology of John Nelson Darby in the 1800's and the publication of the Scofield Bible in the early 1900's. The Good News is better than evacuation.

April 25, 2011 at 8:30 pm |
    • Jesusfreaker

Actually it has been around for 2,000 years. According to the Bible, Jesus told his followers that the "rapture" would come before their death. Who knows if Jesus really said that, but it is in the Bible.

April 25, 2011 at 9:04 pm |
    • Jesusfreaker

Matthew 10:28

April 25, 2011 at 9:10 pm |
    • John

The early Church fathers who wrote and compiled the canon of scripture did not teach that Jesus spoke of a Rapture, only that He would come again. The Rapture is a 19th century concoction. Do some homework.

April 25, 2011 at 9:14 pm |
    • Jesusfreaker

That's why I put it in quotes. I was simply referring to the second coming of Jesus. Hey John run spell check. Maybe I "mispelled" a word. Jeez

April 25, 2011 at 9:20 pm |
  13. Palin's colleague

Atheism has got to be one of the most moronic religions ever conceived. Like.. wouldn't 27k be better served feeding people?
    Last time i checked Christians are out there being killed for charity. This billboard is demented. How about a billboard that says "Love one another"? How can someone be SOOO obsessed with hating a "religion" or belief? Atheism is a belief and ideology that is just as easy to ridicule as any.. Maybe easier. Just bizarre that it has organized itself to the point of raising money for a billboard.. hahaha

April 25, 2011 at 8:28 pm |
    • Observer

"Atheism has got to be one of the most moronic religions ever conceived"

Could be, but at least they don't believe in talking snakes, 600-year-old men building a ship big enough to hold 2 to 7 of every land animal and food for several months, the earth is flat, men can live in whales, the earth stopped turning suddenly, the value of pi is 3, incest is good to populate the world, etc.

April 25, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
    • Fat Bobby Joe

No, atheism is not a belief. Sorry, but your logic is, as is typical of non thinking believers, false. You talk about love, yet your message here says anything but love.

You religious nut jobs are such hypocrites.

April 25, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
    • NorthWoods

Good point except that I count three jesus/church billboards on my 10 mile drive to work. Wanna talk about a waste of money? How about the church where I live that had an easter egg hunt and gave away ipads and wiis to kids under 12? Wouldn't that money be better spent helping the poor as Christians say is one of their main duties? The point of Atheism ads isn't to bash and destroy religion its just to get people to think. Why do you believe what you do? Nine times out of ten its simply due to geographic/hereditary customs. Why didn't Jesus come to the Native Americans and show them the way? Did he just not care about them?

April 25, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
    • Jesusfreaker

Wow! Spoken like Palin herself. You really are a fan.

April 25, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
    • cliffdogg

First of all, atheism is not a religious belief – that's like saying not believing in pink unicorns is a religious belief. Second, we atheist have a problem with all these religious types because they force their beliefs on our culture, in our laws and in our courts. It's maddening that nonsense and nonscience replaces a facts based approach to things like climate change, or birth control, abortion, gay rights, etc.

April 25, 2011 at 9:06 pm |
    • Sarcolac

"Last time i checked Christians are out there being killed for charity."
      Oh really? What is this Christian-killing charity and where can I send a donation?

April 25, 2011 at 11:05 pm |
  14. Ronn

If Jesus does not come to these silly people on May 21, then may I humbly suggest they go to him. Earth is over populated as it is. A few less crazies on the planet will make it a bit easier for the rest of us.

April 25, 2011 at 8:24 pm |
    • Zee

I think they're one step away from drinking the kool-aid.

April 25, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
  15. jkimbo

For every positive there is a negative. It's a dual world we live in. believers nonbelievers, good evil. Then there are the truly retarded, they like to call themselves atheists.

April 25, 2011 at 8:20 pm |
    • Pete

jkimbo: and for every intelligent comment there is one like yours.

April 25, 2011 at 8:27 pm |
    • Fat Bobby Joe

Sorry, mate, but you have that backwards.

April 25, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
    • jg

actually it's too bad you equate retarded with athiests since so-called retarded people are truly humble , a great christlike quality that athiests can not even understand. also they know a joy the non believers will never know. too bad for them.

April 25, 2011 at 8:42 pm |
    • MarkinFL

Wow, I'll even bet he thought that sounded intelligent. 🙂

April 25, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
    • Up Your Rear Admiral

jg, and you're not arrogant. much. no really.

April 25, 2011 at 8:49 pm |
    • MarkinFL

What about the our retarded friends that ARE as you describe but have know understanding of your Christ? I guess they'll be going the Hell. Too bad for them I guess.

April 25, 2011 at 8:49 pm |
    • jg

did i say i believe in hell or in any of these other beliefs? no i just feel bad when i see the r word used in a negative way so please don't equate me with your 2012 believers. if any God wants to bring about a destruction i'm sure we'll know it soon enough.

April 25, 2011 at 9:06 pm |
    • RosieRocket

Or the "christians" who call others retarded...that's a little insensitive and a little ungodly wouldn't you say?

April 25, 2011 at 9:06 pm |
  16. Fnord

Anyone can quote the Bible; even Satan! Thus, faith in random Bible quotes is mis-place, because Faith Proves Nothing!

April 25, 2011 at 8:20 pm |
  17. Gary

1. Jesus said that nobody knows the day when the world will end, except for the Father. But he did give several indicators, including sharp increase in wars and natural disasters (among others). Also, that the people will become more evil (like in Noah's day)... Bible also says in the end of time people will scoff at the idea of Creator/creation and the global flood (which was accepted as fact by all cultures till recent generation) and follow after their own lusts... look around and see if that's happening.

2. What's more foolish, believing in the "original transcended cause" or that everything came from nothing? Think about it, what takes more faith? Everything from nothing, order out of chaos, life out of dead matter? What's more foolish? Whos' really brainwashed?

April 25, 2011 at 8:20 pm |
    • Observer

Believers say:
      In order for something to exist, something must have created it.
      God exists.
      Nothing created God.

Ooops.

April 25, 2011 at 8:26 pm |
    • Zee

"But he did give several indicators, including sharp increase in wars and natural disasters (among others). " That's like saying that a glass of water will overflow once the water reaches the top. Very insightful God!

April 25, 2011 at 8:38 pm |
    • Observer

There have been wars and disasters since mankind started. Meaningless.

April 25, 2011 at 8:41 pm |
    • john

observer. God does not 'exist'. For something to exist it must have been created. creation involves a start and end date. God is without start or end so how can he exist.

April 25, 2011 at 8:53 pm |
    • Up Your Rear Admiral

Great logic there Gary. See you in the rapture capsule with the unicorns. Don't forget to wear your nose ring. The big steel one that I padlocked the chain on with when we were practicing for the uplifting.

April 25, 2011 at 9:02 pm |
    • crossbow

Her is my defenition of Faith:
      An action based on a belief, sustained with confidence.
      It's A= Action
      B= Belief
      C= Confidence.

That is real Faith, not just belief!

April 25, 2011 at 9:26 pm |
    • humanbean

Ha ha ha! No, you did not bring up the flood in your argument. No doubt that there was some kind of catastrophic flood, but not one that consumed the entire planet. And it goes right along with your other point. There have always been earthquakes, wars, famine, evil people, and of course...floods.

April 25, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  18. Fnord

Faith is the unsubstantiated belief in unprovable things; thus, there shall be no "End of the World" on May 21st. Faith Proves Nothing!

April 25, 2011 at 8:17 pm |
  19. andrewthree

"First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, 'Where is this "coming" he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.' But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare."

(2 Peter 3:3-10)

April 25, 2011 at 8:17 pm |
    • Fat Bobby Joe

Making quotations from your comic book does not make your case, it makes ours.

April 25, 2011 at 8:36 pm |
    • Up Your Rear Admiral

andrewthree, get ready. I'll see you in the rapture capsule with the unicorns. Don't forget to wear your nose ring – the big steel one that I padlocked the chain on with when we were practicing for the uplifting.

Tell your friends too. Then it can be one big yank.

April 25, 2011 at 8:41 pm |
    • john

fatbobby. many people read the bible and it is holy to them. why would you insult someone based on your own beliefs. that kind of reasoning starts wars

April 25, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
    • Herbys

Rule #1 for finding the truth: if what someone is saying loses all meaning if said without using rethoric and grandiose words, then it's worthelss to begin with.

April 25, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
    • Skinny Bobby Jane

@ John: Again, Yaaaay John!!!!

April 25, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
    • Up Your Rear Admiral

Yeah, we know how reliable that bible is...

April 25, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
    • crossbow

Thes people claim to have an exact date of the Rapture. But Jesus told his desciples: "The exact time, only the Father knows".

So as far as I am concerned, May 22nd for the day of the Rapture is bogus.
      I really would like to know how they got to this date.

April 25, 2011 at 9:21 pm |
    • Crucified

The bible contradictions video is really silly... Comparing the old testament scripture... with the New testament ..Trickery at its worst//The Old Testament is about Obedience the New about a Relationship.. Sorry buddy any Christian sees through the horse and pony show you are pulling off there.

April 25, 2011 at 10:49 pm |
    • Pastafied

So crucified, your god got it wrong the first time and had to write a second testicle. Quite the "god" you've got there. Next time try for a perfect, omniscient one.

The contradictions stand. They're there for all to check, and the video shows how error-loaded your big fairy tale book really is, not that we needed more to demonstrate that.

April 26, 2011 at 10:13 am |
  20. TheOracle8191

You know, something just occurred to me: some atheists complain that religion is nothing but useless tool, like an ad campaign, to herd up people who can't think for themselves and tries to make them feel better knowing they follow "the truth". If that's the case then why go out and use tools, like an ad campaign, for people you presume can't think for themselves about the rapture and try to lead them to your version of "the truth"? A hypocritical attempt to make them feel better? Hmm...

April 25, 2011 at 8:16 pm |
    • Fat Bobby Joe

No, it's because we are laughing at you morons for still believing in Santa Claus.

April 25, 2011 at 8:34 pm |
    • Up Your Rear Admiral

TheOracle8191, see you in the rapture capsule with the unicorns. Don't forget to wear your nose ring – the big steel one that I padlocked the chain on with when we were practicing for the uplifting.

Tell your friends too. Then it can be one big yank.

April 25, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
    • Skinny Bobby Jane

To Fat Bobby Joe: Shhhhh shhhh shhhh....silence makes YOU look smarter....

April 25, 2011 at 8:45 pm |
    • john

if i was an athiest i dont think i would bother even wasting a minute of my 'only one life' moment bothering with it. I hate ballets. i dont spend my weekends running around laughing at people in tutus, or put up billboards proclaiming ballets are stupid. Christians believe in something so they have motivation. what motivates an athiest to waste their money other than to be provocative.

April 25, 2011 at 8:45 pm |
    • john

up your rear.. see this is what i mean. you sound very defensive, to the point of insulting someone. why would you take such a personal attack on something you know doesnt exist. if someone told me the earth was flat and i was going to burn if i thought otherwise, id quietly feel sorry for them and walk the other direction.

April 25, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
    • Skinny Bobby Jane

@ John: Very well said 🙂

April 25, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
    • Up Your Rear Admiral

john, see you in the rapture capsule with the unicorns. Don't forget to wear your nose ring – the big steel one that I padlocked the chain on with when we were practicing for the uplifting.

Tell your friends too. Then it can be one big yank.

April 25, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
    • East Coast

Fat Bobby Joe....there's no Santa Claus? *sad* Anyway, anyone who believes this ridiculous rapture nonsense, please feel free to sign over your home, car and bank accounts to me the day before so I can take over for you, since I'm a sinner and not being taken in the rapture. What a laugh! I can't believe people believe that loon who's leading the billboard and radio campaign!

April 25, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
    • vetter200

Boy, how lucky is Fatty Ricky Bobby or Fat Kid Joe whatever... His cup runneth over with knowledge. The inspiration at Denny's across America.

April 25, 2011 at 9:02 pm |
    • Peter Rabbit

The tighty righties are a laughing stock that who are a danger to this country and if you look back at their bible, a danger to the world.

April 25, 2011 at 9:02 pm |
    • crossbow

He who laughs last, ...............
      This is for the scoffers, ridiculers, we will see wont we!

April 25, 2011 at 9:33 pm |