May 5th, 2011
03:36 PM ET
Is bin Laden pure evil?
HLN's Joy Behar talks with a priest, an imam, and a rabbi about whether or not they think Osama bin Laden is evil.
soundoff (97 Responses)« Previous 1 2
About this blog
The CNN Belief Blog covers the faith angles of the day's biggest stories, from breaking news to politics to entertainment, fostering a global conversation about the role of religion and belief in readers' lives. It's edited by CNN's Daniel Burke with contributions from Eric Marrapodi and CNN's worldwide news gathering team.
To: "Adolf Hitler
I was not aware that my intent was malignant. I thought I was doing something great. Therefore, by your definition, what I did was not evil."
It is preposterous to claim that Hitler did not know that his intent was malevolent. He absolutely knew. That is why he hid his regime's atrocities for as long as he could, and then killed himself rather than face the consequences for his actions.
What he is trying to do is to predicate intent verbally (definitional), but in law and in ethics (or philosophy) a man who is not insane is presumed to intend the natural consequences of their acts (the act infers the intent). Id you do something which a sane man/woman would know causes a given outcome (point a gun at someone) you cannot say you did not intend to killed them (you know how the Lone Ranger can shoot the gun in someone's hand but not intend to kill them). But in actually the Lone Ranger would be presumed to INTEND to kill the opponent (and perhaps failed). The act infers the intent (not the mouth).
I paid $32.67 for a XBOX 360 and my mom got a 17 inch Toshiba laptop for $94.83 being delivered to our house tomorrow by FedEX. I will never again pay expensive retail prices at stores. I even sold a 46 inch HDTV to my boss for $650 and it only cost me $52.78 to get. Here is the website we using to get all this stuff, BidsJump.com
Fighting against WindMills.
I think Joy Behar is a pure idiot.
Sarah Palin is pure evil.
The Afghan war was the last major, genuine proxy war of the present millennium. In the initial stages, it was the US, which used Afghans, Pakistanis and Muslims from other countries for making the Soviet army bleed without losing American lives.
As the casualties amongst the non-Muslim Slav soldiers steadily mounted causing misgivings about the wisdom of the war in the Russian region of the USSR, Moscow increasingly started replacing the Slav soldiers with Muslims sent from the Central Asian Republics and the Caucasian region.
Thus, in the closing years of the war, the US and the USSR tried to undermine each other and promote their national interests and strategic objectives by making the Muslims the cannon-fodder.
An update on our War on Terror and Horror for Muneef's benefit:
The terror and aggression via a Partial Body Count via
the koranic/mosque driven acts of terror and horror
The Muslim Conquest of India – 11th to 18th century
■"The likely death toll is somewhere between 2 million and 80 million. The geometric mean of those two limits is 12.7 million. "
and the 19 million killed in the Mideast Slave Trade 7C-19C by Muslims.
and more recently
1a) 179 killed in Mumbai/Bombay, 290 injured
1b) Assassination of Benazir Bhutto and Theo Van Gogh
2) 9/11, 3000 mostly US citizens, 1000’s injured
3) The 24/7 Sunni-Shiite centuries-old blood feud currently being carried out in Iraq, US troops killed in action, 3,483 and 925 in non combat roles. 99,901 – 109,143 Iraqi civilians killed as of 3/3/2011/, mostly due to suicide bombers, http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ and http://www.defenselink.mil/news/casualty.pdf
4) Kenya- In Nairobi, about 212 people were killed and an estimated 4000 injured; in Dar es Salaam, the attack killed at least 11 and wounded 85.
5) Bali-in 2002-killing 202 people, 164 of whom were foreign nationals, and 38 Indonesian citizens. A further 209 people were injured.
6) Bali in 2005- Twenty people were killed, and 129 people were injured by three bombers who killed themselves in the attacks.
7) Spain in 2004- killing 191 people and wounding 2,050.
8. UK in 2005- The bombings killed 52 commuters and the four radical Islamic suicide bombers, injured 700.
9) The execution of an eloping couple in Afghanistan on 04/15/2009 by the Taliban.
10) – Afghanistan: US troops 1,141 killed in action, 242 killed in non-combat situations as of 03/03/2011. Over 40,000 Afghan civilians killed due to the dark-age, koranic-driven Taliban acts of horror
11) The killing of 13 citizen soldiers at Ft. Hood by a follower of the koran.
12) 38 Russian citizens killed on March 29, 2010 by Muslim women suicide bombers.
13) The May 28, 2010 attack on a Islamic religious minority in Pakistan, which have left 98 dead,
14) Lockerbie is known internationally as the site where, on 21 December 1988, the wreckage of Pan Am Flight 103 crashed as a result of a terrorist bomb. In the United Kingdom the event is referred to as the Lockerbie disaster, the Lockerbie bombing, or simply Lockerbie. Eleven townspeople were killed in Sherwood Crescent, where the plane's wings and fuel tanks plummeted in a fiery explosion, destroying several houses and leaving a huge crater, with debris causing damage to a number of buildings nearby. The 270 fatalities (259 on the plane, 11 in Lockerbie) were citizens of 21 nations.
15 The daily suicide and/or roadside and/or mosque bombings in the terror world of Islam.
16) Bombs sent from Yemen by followers of the koran which fortunately were discovered before the bombs were detonated.
17) The killing of 58 Christians in a Catholic church in one of the latest acts of horror and terror in Iraq.
18) Moscow airport suicide bombing: 35 dead, 130 injured. January 25, 2011.
19) A Pakistani minister, who had said he was getting death threats because of his stance against the country's controversial blasphemy law, was shot and killed Wednesday, 3/2/2011
20) two American troops killed in Germany by a recently radicalized Muslim, 3/3/2011
21) the kidnapping and apparent killing of a follower of Zoraster in the dark world of Islamic Pakistan.
22) Shariatpur, Bangladesh (CNN 3/30/2011) - Hena Akhter's last words to her mother proclaimed her innocence. But it was too late to save the 14-year-old girl. Her fellow villagers in Bangladesh's Shariatpur district had already passed harsh judgment on her. Guilty, they said, of having an affair with a married man. The imam from the local mosque ordered the fatwa, or religious ruling, and the punishment: 101 lashes delivered swiftly, deliberately in public. Hena dropped after 70 and died a week later.
Some elements of our War on Terror and Aggression:
-Operation Iraqi Freedom- The 24/7 Sunni-Shiite centuries-old blood feud currently being carried out in Iraq, US Troops killed in action, 3,481 and 924 died in non-combat, 99,901 – 109,143 Iraqi civilians killed as of 3/3/2011/, mostly due to suicide bombers, http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ and http://www.defenselink.mil/news/casualty.pdf
– Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan: US troops 1,141 killed in action, 242 killed in non-combat situations as of 03/03/2011. Over 40,000 Afghan civilians killed due to the dark-age, koranic-driven Taliban acts of horror,
– Sa-dd-am, his sons and major he-nchmen have been deleted. Sa-dd-am's bravado about WMD was one of his major mistakes. Kuwait was saved.
– Iran is being been contained. (beside containing the Sunni-Shiite civil war in Baghdad, that is the main reason we are in Iraq. And yes, essential oil continues to flow from the region.)
– North Korea is still u-ncivil but is contained.
– Northern Ireland is finally at peace.
– The Jews and Palestinians are being separated by walls. Hopefully the walls will follow the 1948 UN accords. Unfortunately the Annapolis Peace Conference was not successful. And unfortunately the recent events in Gaza has put this situation back to “squ-are one”. And this significant stupidity is driven by the mythical foundations of both religions!!!
– – Fa-na–tical Islam has basically been contained to the Middle East but a wall between India and Pakistan would be a plus for world peace. Ditto for a wall between Afghanistan and Pakistan.
– Timothy McVeigh was exe-cuted. Terry Nichols will follow soon.
– Eric Ru-dolph is spending three life terms in pri-son with no par-ole.
– Jim Jones, David Koresh, Kaczynski, the "nuns" from Rwanda, and the KKK were all dealt with and either eliminated themselves or are being punished.
– Islamic Sudan, Dar-fur and So-malia are still terror hot spots.
– The terror and tor-ture of Muslims in Bosnia, Kosovo and Kuwait were ended by the proper application of the military forces of the USA and her freedom-loving friends. Ra-dovan Karadzic was finally captured on 7/23/08 and is charged with genocide, crimes against humanity and violations of the law of war – charges related to the 1992-1995 civil war that followed Bosnia-Herzegovina's secession from Yugoslavia.
– the bloody terror brought about by the Ja-panese, Na-zis and Co-mmunists was with great difficulty eliminated by the good guys.
– Bin Laden was executed for crimes against humanity on May 1, 2011
You will like this;
‘Al-Qaeda is a U.S.-sponsored Intelligence Asset used to Justify War in the Middle East: Interview with Michel Chossudovsky
The Use of 9/11 as a Pretext to Wage War
extremely stupid discussion and false. too.
To say that "Osama" was not a real Muslim is a distortion!
Osama was fallowing in the footsteps of Muhammad.
Muhammad was much more blood thirsty and cruel that Osama.
both muhammad and osama were little babies compared to christian and christian-inspired communist violence of the past 100 years. world war one, world war two, nazi holocaust, communist purges, 100 million dead right there, in only 50 years.
Now do you see the poison in all religions?
There's nothing good nor bad but thinking makes it so.
Nothing is good or bad to an animal. A lion cannot be a murder or a bear a thief. Cognition (awareness of malignant intent) makes something evil .. thinking. Is man a rational animal or simply animal? Is man an animal capable of rationality? Or not? One the the elements of a crime is INTENT. Another is KNOWLEDGE. Intent and knowledge together with ACT in furtherance. So man can be (to be or not to be) a criminal because he can think. Thinking makes it so. "What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals—and yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? , ." Yes dust .. we all return to dust so quickly .. we are mortal, finite, error prone and we DO have evil intent. (Hamlet was trapped by fate .. by the act of his uncle who slew his father .. he was forced to avenge .. or so he thought). Still is vengeance evil? Hamlet had free will and could refuse to kill his uncle. I do not see OBL as having been "trapped" by fate ..although his fate was determined when he undertook the WTC event. It merely took ten years. There we no perfumes of Arabia to sweeten his evil deed(s). The stench of blood was on his hands. The blood of thousands.
I was not aware that my intent was malignant. I thought I was doing something great. Therefore, by your definition, what I did was not evil.
Gladdeth am I that I write not like Clyde;
Such a quintessence of feculence doth he scribble.
@Hitler.. You do, but you only use the name of Jesus to justify your evil deeds at the expense of Christians.
@Hitler sorry that won't fly. You are human and there rational. You are presumed to intend the natural consequences of your acts. You cannot point a gun and someone and then claim you did not intend because you believed he gun to be unload. (it is not an affirmative defense). You are held to the intent (to do what you did). Hitler (and all of his henchmen) had no affirmative defense at Nuremberg or later Eichmann. They all claimed that they were following orders, serving their country, doing their duty and hence innocent. The world did not agree. Recently similar war-crimes trials followed Bosnian atrocities (Milosevic?) Humanity gives rise to your capacity for evil. Thinking makes it so (think about it)
Pure evil.....hmmm I immediately thought of sarah palin, have you heard "anything" and I mean anything at all positive come out of her mouth?