home
RSS
May 20th, 2011

Harold Camping says the world ends Saturday; he's said that before

By Kayla Webley, Time

In a comfortable office, Bible placed firmly atop his lap, 89-year-old Harold Camping is preaching with utter certainty about the end of the world. "May 21, 2011, is the day of judgment," he says with conviction, in a YouTube video posted last year. "It is the day that ends all gospel salvation activity ... It is the most important day by a billion times than any other day the world has ever known." On that day, Camping estimates roughly 207 million people, or about 3% of the world's population, will be plucked from the earth. What will follow is five months of earthquakes and other calamities until the world officially ends on Oct. 21 of this year.

Like all who proselytize the end the world, Camping has spread his message using a small army of followers; in his case, they're supported by a substantial budget that by some estimates is more than $100 million. There have been stories in the media of families selling their homes, quitting their jobs and budgeting their finances such that by May 21 they will be left with nothing. After all, they won't need it, right? (See photos of the cinematic vision of the apocalypse.)

But Camping has been wrong before.

Read the full story at Time.com

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • End times

1. Free

Camping is 89. Hasn't any of his followers ever heard of 'senility?'

May 20, 2011 at 12:30 pm |
  2. Craig

I’m glad Christ did not tell us when He was going to return. The disciples that Jesus took with Him to pray on the Mountain of Olives went to sleep each time He told them to stay awake and pray. As you know the story well in Matthew 26:37-44, Mark 14:33-41 and Luke 22:39-46, we probably would have done the same thing. Based on the disciples past actions, if Jesus had told them that He was not going to return for nearly 2,000 years, they would have procrastinated and not got the word of His life out as quickly as they did. If you think about it, the best way to get our kids to clean their room quickly is to tell them nothing of our return time. Unbelievably, this same technique works on adults. Who better to teach us this lesson than Christ (John 10:30 and John 14:8-10)? Give due diligence. Go to familyradio.com and research it. The 9 easy proofs can’t all be coincidence. Craig

May 20, 2011 at 12:25 pm |
  3. omg!!

HAROLD CAMPING'S MINISTRY HAS OVER $100 MILLION DOLLARS FROM DONATIONS

May 20, 2011 at 12:21 pm |
  4. Reality

Tick Tock There Go The Major Religions Onto the Myth Pile In A Burst of Rational Thinking:

1. There was no Abraham i.e. the foundations of Judaism, Christianity and Islam have no basis.

2. There was no Moses i.e the pillars of Judaism, Christianity and Islam have no strength of purpose.

3. There was no Gabriel i.e. Islam fails as a religion. Christianity partially fails.

4. There was no Easter i.e. Christianity completely fails as a religion.

5. There was no Moroni i.e. Mormonism is nothing more than a business cult.

6. Sacred/revered cows, monkey gods, castes, reincarnations and therefore Hinduism fails as a religion.

7. Fat Buddhas here, skinny Buddhas there, reincarnated Buddhas everywhere makes for a no on Buddhism.

May 20, 2011 at 12:02 pm |
    • Mike, not me

Yeah that is right Moses, Abraham and Jesus must not exist because someone mis handles the information... following that logic 9.11 will cease to ever happen if we just get enough people to stop believing it.

May 20, 2011 at 2:23 pm |
    • Realilty

From the New Torah for Modern Minds:

"The notion that the Bible is not literally true "is more or less settled and understood among most Conservative rabbis," observed David Wolpe, a rabbi at Sinai Temple in Los Angeles and a contributor to "Etz Hayim." But some congregants, he said, "may not like the stark airing of it." Last Passover, in a sermon to 2,200 congregants at his synagogue, Rabbi Wolpe frankly said that "virtually every modern archaeologist" agrees "that the way the Bible describes the Exodus is not the way that it happened, if it happened at all." The rabbi offered what he called a "litany of disillusion" about the narrative, including contradictions, improbabilities, chronological lapses and the absence of corroborating evidence. In fact, he said, archaeologists digging in the Sinai have "found no trace of the tribes of Israel - not one shard of pottery."

May 20, 2011 at 3:08 pm |
    • Lycidas

What I love about the ppl like Reality is that they can dismiss so much but never fill in the gaps. Reality says there was no Moses...etc yet doesn't tell what was then. Who wrote the books of Torah? Does he have evidence?

I bet Reality has lots of beliefs...I'm sorry..I mean theories but won't be able to prove any of them.

May 20, 2011 at 4:25 pm |
    • Oh LOL

Don't be an ass, Lycidas. Religious books like the Torah, Bible, Koran, etc were written by men who wanted power. They weren't even creative enough to realize they were rewriting the same myth stories over and over and over...

May 21, 2011 at 4:04 pm |
  5. Craig

Historically, May 21 is the eve of Pentecost when churches began. The Jewish calendar and our calendar rarely align. They align this year. They last aligned in 1994. I was a doubter until I did my homework. People say familyradio missed the prediction in 1994?, the book, but it is stated on pages 494 and 495 that the more likely date of the return would be 2011. Carol Costello with CNN and other reporters miss this fact – not really fair and balanced. I researched their website at familyradio.com and reviewed the following 9 proofs. These combined point to May 21, 2011. They can’t all be a coincidence.
    1. The discovery of the exact year of Noah’s flood in 4990BC by subtracting backwards from King Solomon’s death in 931BC using information from the Bible (see Timeline).
    2. The discovery of the month and day of Noah’s flood (Genesis 7:11) – When translated, May 21 is the 2nd month and 17 day of that year (Iyar 17).
    3. Apostle Peter warns the true believers regarding Judgment Day, “a day to the Lord is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day (2 Peter 3:8).”
    4. God gave Noah a 7-day warning before He caused it to rain (Genesis 7:4).
    5. Combining Peter’s warning in proof #3 and God’s warning in proof #4, we have a total of 7,000 years. May 21, 2011 is exactly 7,000 years after proof #1, Noah’s flood. Use biblical rules – compare scripture with scripture (1Cor 2:13).
    6. The verbal description of a single event in two different ways is a style of speech described by Joseph, Jacob's son, as "doubling." Apostle Peter used this style unknowingly when describing Christ's return. Joseph defined the usage as he interpreted the Pharaoh's dream. The discovery of this comparison and its meaning reinforces that “God will shortly bring it to pass (Gen 41:32).”
    7. Finding God’s Jubilee year in view to find the tribulation period – Sept 7, 1994.
    8. How to find the beginning of the tribulation period, as described in Daniel’s first vision consisting of 2,300 days.
    9. From May 21, 1988 going forward 23 years, we land exactly on May21, 2011. The significance of the number 23.
    Craig

May 20, 2011 at 12:01 pm |
    • gbcbme

Relax!! If the date wasn't known by Jesus I doubt we could figure it out!! We are allowed to be close by the Sign's of the Time's, but, thats all

May 20, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Craig &@gbcbme

Hey guys...

I truly don't mean to be harsh here, and... not sure any other way to say it at the moment. (So, my 'apologies')

I'm not sure which one of you is the 'crazier' of the two. The one who has applied some kind of biblical math to fit some unsubstantiated May 21st, 2011 doomsday date, or the one who is telling the other to 'relax' you have it all wrong...and then goes on to tell about jesus and the signs, etc...

Again, 'my apologies' as I rarely say those kinds of things... and, I'm certainly aware that it is my -opinion-, however, what you wrote is absolutely mind boggling... (to me).

Peace...

May 20, 2011 at 6:54 pm |
    • Oh LOL

You know, Craig, that would be great if it were based on fact. You do realize that there were civilizations being built in 5000 BCE that survived and were not wiped out from a flood. These dates aren't even right. And the Bible states that Jesus was 33 when he was killed right? Yet the way Camping figured it, he was born in 7 BCE and died in 33AD which makes him not 33. I really think you should find a better way to spend your Saturday afternoon than debating random numbers by some idiot.

May 21, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
  6. After the Rapture Asset Maintenance

Send us your keys and cash. They will be safe here. We promise.

May 20, 2011 at 11:59 am |
  7. Bro. Murez

HAROLD CAMPING – "YOU ARE WRONG" In the process you have done an injustice to true Christianity. Not that it hurt us but you've made it difficult to get people to believe the truth. The end will come and we're indeed in that time BUT MAY 21, 2011 IS NOT IT. To all – note the following Scriptures which are true.

Matt 24:3 – 14 (KJV) the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
    And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

May 20, 2011 at 11:56 am |
  8. mightyfudge

200 million Christians will be removed from the planet tomorrow? That alone is worth celebrating!

May 20, 2011 at 11:48 am |
  9. Artist

Throughout history, movements like these have sprung up, especially in times of war or economic and political instability.
    ...
    Christianity preys on the weak

May 20, 2011 at 11:46 am |
  10. Mark from Middle River

The dude is 89 years old...... Maybe Saturday might be....his day to go home to Heaven. Maybe even to have a stroke and then live in a coma until October.

May 20, 2011 at 11:39 am |
  11. HeavenSent

Well, now we need to let Camping know that there is no such thing as rapture in the Bible. God even said in Ezekiel 13:20 ...

Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I [am] against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make [them] fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, [even] the souls that ye hunt to make [them] fly.

Amen.

May 20, 2011 at 11:33 am |
    • Fluffy the Gerbil of Doom

OMG. Now I have to watch out for the flying pillows. Oh sh-t.

May 20, 2011 at 11:48 am |
    • Juggling Squirrel-Jesus

Fluffy – no worries. The first council of Nicea, in addition to leaving out the Book of Armaments, also left out the Book of Animals. Animals 3:24 clearly states that "and thus sayeth the lord – let no small rodent fear those projectiles which are soft and intended to aid in slumber"

May 20, 2011 at 12:05 pm |
    • Fluffy the Gerbil of Doom

@Squirrel
      Whew ! Thank you. Fluffy knows he should have paid more attention in class.

May 20, 2011 at 12:17 pm |
    • Bippy, the Lesser Squirrel-God of Rapped Polka

Guys, don't tell the humans what's really happening! If they find out that the "rapture" is actually The Great Get-The-Humans-Off-The-Planet-Before-They-Destroy-Everything divine intervention, and that what they think is heaven is actually spending the rest of eternity in a Mississippi Walmart that has been relocated to Uranus – humans belong in Uranus – well that will make things really hard for Sniffy Bob, our great and holy Overlord Badger-God.

May 20, 2011 at 1:42 pm |
    • Fluffy the Gerbil of Doom

Why thank you Bippy. However that Uranus stuff makes me slightly nervous. But I guess I can go with it.

May 20, 2011 at 2:00 pm |
    • Odie Colognie

@Fluffy,
      ROTFLMAOOL !

May 20, 2011 at 2:08 pm |
    • The Legal Eagle and the Talking Beagle

Wow, so many animals today. I keep forgetting to stop by over here. You kids are having too much fun !

May 20, 2011 at 3:07 pm |
    • Bippy, the Lesser Squirrel God of Rapped Polka

Fellow rodents, the evil is upon us today! CNN is running an article about EATING SQUIRRELS ! ! ! "Give Squirrel a Whirl"? Only if you want to burn forever in my eternal nut-roasting oven of doom ! ! ! Read it if you dare here of this squirrel auschwitz.

May 20, 2011 at 3:53 pm |
    • Juggling Squirrel-Jesus

Animals 15:37-42 – "And lo I sayeth unto you – dark shall be the day when the end times are nigh. Neither beast nor bird nor squirrel shall be spared from the humans' eating stick. Have faith, ye believers, for I shall smite those that seek to consume ye. Great shall be their eternal torment. There shall be much wailing and gnashing of teeth."

May 20, 2011 at 4:19 pm |
    • Bippy, the Lesser Squirrel-God of Rapped Polka

Such calm and soothing words, oh great Juggling Squirrel-Jesus! That is truly why thou art the Squirrel-Jesus and I am only in charge of rapped polka. Smite them most cruelly in your loving way! Make the gnashing of teeth really extra-gnashy.

May 20, 2011 at 5:23 pm |
    • Jason the Pendleton Rat

We are in heaven. So many rodents showed up today !
      I'll take mine with extra gnashy too.

May 20, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  12. pat

Didn't the Seventh Day Adventist's arise from such a prediction circa 1830?

May 20, 2011 at 11:19 am |
    • Rush Limbaugh's Favorite Donkey P0rn Film

Yup, they did. And the Jehovah's Witlesses did the same in the 1870s.

May 20, 2011 at 1:56 pm |
  13. Adelina (real one)

@Chuck: The reality – the planet is melting away because of mankind's evil, and God is coming back to save the world and punish the evil humans. Admit your evil and say sorry to the Creator, since you humans are thieves and destroyers.

May 20, 2011 at 11:09 am |
    • jimtanker

There are few "evil" humans that would measure up to the bestly immorality of your bible. The wars in the name of christianity and other religions are the most evil things on the planet. The less religion we have the better off we will be as a human race.

May 20, 2011 at 11:20 am |
    • Adelina

@Jim, no, you are wrong. You are alive today because of the charity of Christianity. The world needs religion because atheists will kill all humans without existence of religion.

May 20, 2011 at 11:22 am |
    • civiloutside

Atheists, by and large, have absolutely no reason to "kill all humans." And given a belief that other people are all we really have, I'd say we have plenty of reason *not* to "kill all humans."

Are you engaging in hyperbole, or do you really believe this?

May 20, 2011 at 11:41 am |
    • Oh LOL

@ Adelina – Are you stupid or just brainwashed?

May 21, 2011 at 4:20 pm |
  14. Peace2All

From the Article: "On that day, Camping estimates roughly 207 million people, or about 3% of the world's population, will be plucked from the earth."

Interesting... Out of close to approximately 2 billion Christians world-wide, 'only' 207 million are going to be 'plucked' from the earth...? That amounts to only about 10% of the (Christian's world-wide).

Believers, please help me out here... what about the rest of you Christians, 'should' Jesus 'actually' show up that day, wouldn't you guys be whisked away to heaven by Jesus, because you...'believe in him'...?

I mean, wouldn't 'all' believer/Christians go to heaven...?

Seems to me 10% is an extremely 'low' number of you, should Jesus actually show up.

Sincerely curious...

Peace...

May 20, 2011 at 11:09 am |
    • Mike, not me

Peace, while I am not defending this idiot or his numbers, the bible is very clear that everyone who call themselves Christian will not go to heaven. See
      Matthew 7:21-29
      Luke 13:22-30
      also
      Matthew 25:31–46

May 20, 2011 at 11:20 am |
    • Peace2All

@Mike, not me

Hey -Mike... How are you...? It's been awhile... I hope that you are doing well.

So, I read your bible verses that you suggested, and I'm still curious.

As I understand it there are basically 2 main "Christian camps' here concerning who will make it to heaven.

1)Belief-All you have to do is fervently 'believe' and accept jesus into your heart and admit him to be your lord and savior and he died for you sins, etc...

2)Belief + Action-Same as the #1 but, in addition, there must be some kind of 'actions' that are approved by God/Jesus.

So, this being a very high 'generality' here, which I understand, am I to assume that you are in camp #2...?

And if so, what actions must one take 'specifically' to get into heaven, as Jesus was a bit va-gue in my humble opinion...?

And, what of the the people that are in camp#1...? If the bible is "very clear" as you say, apparently there is a very large % of people that don't see it the way you do. What is your opinion on that...?

Also, still seems to be an extremely 'low' % of Christians getting into heaven, yes...?

Anyway, if you make it back here...help me out.

Still sincerely curious...

Respectfully,

Peace...

May 20, 2011 at 12:17 pm |
    • Free

Mike, not me-
      "idiot"?!

Funny, when we atheists show a lack of 'respect' for similar beliefs Christians accuse us of of being bad people for it. I guess it only counts if it's your beliefs we criticize?

May 20, 2011 at 2:04 pm |
    • Mike, not me

@Peace I would say that it is closer to 2 then 1 but with 2 it is not our action that gets us closer but out of the belief and love for what God has done for us drives action.

It is the correct understanding that I am a sinner deserving of death, but by God's grace through faith He has saved me and paid the debt through Jesus on the cross.

Many people believe Jesus was vauge because they are looking for a to-do list(self included), check it off and live the rest of their life. Love your God better then yourself.

It is the love that I have for my wife (especially when dating her) that drove my behavior. It is the love for my wife that drives me to sacrific my wants and desires to lift her up.

As far as the "large number of people" all I can do is paraphrase Jesus, "broad is the way that leads to destruction, but narrow is the gate that leads to life and very few find it"

"Also, still seems to be an extremely 'low' % of Christians getting into heaven, yes?" Yes.

Hope that helps.

@Free, you loss me there I can not speak for what other people have done to you

May 20, 2011 at 2:36 pm |
    • Free

Mike, not me-
      A simple question then; is it OK to criticize other people's religious beliefs?

May 20, 2011 at 2:55 pm |
    • Mike, not me

@Free

to "to judge or discuss the merits and faults of" - Yes, that is fine, ask, seek, find

but to find fault by using inaccuracies or willing to review your world view and not realizing worse "faults" exist - No. I am speaking in general not to something you did or said.

May 20, 2011 at 3:31 pm |
    • Free

Mike, not me-
      Well, plenty of us on the atheist side are more than willing "to judge or discuss the merits and faults of" as you put it, but when it comes to using inaccuracies I find that the religious are usually the worst offenders. I mean, after debunking stuff like "Hitler was an atheist", "evolution preaches that we descended from monkeys", "natural selection is just random chance" and "the Big Bang theory preaches that the universe came out of nothing" countless times here as being complete misrepresentations (or downright lies) religious people still repeat them like they're the truth. Honestly, does your God want his followers to defend the faith through lying and propaganda?

Now, to the issue at hand, do you 'respect' these doomsayer's beliefs?

May 20, 2011 at 3:46 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Mike, not me

Hey Mike...thanks for checking back in.

And... thanks for taking a shot at an explanation for me. However, I'm still confused as you are talking of action being driven etc... But, I'm still not getting a real distinction or difference here.

If you make it back here fine... if not, talk at ya' later.

Peace...

May 20, 2011 at 6:59 pm |
  15. Chuck Anziulewicz

Next week the evangelicals will be out in force doing damage control. They'll insist that Harold Camping was always wrong, that he was a "false prophet" ... but they will ALSO insist that the "Rapture" and the "Tribulation" and the "Second Coming" WILL eventually occur, so we need to surrender to Jesus and make sure we're prepared.

Personally, I hope people will take time to reflect that we are living in the REAL WORLD, not a world of angels and demons, voodoo dolls and Santa Claus. There is no such thing as prophecy, except for the ambiguous, self-fulfilling kind. There is just the here and now, and our world is what WE make of it, not some imaginary beings up in the clouds somewhere.

This coming Sunday, after Harold Camping's apocalyptic dreams have failed to come true, take time to listen to John Lennon's "Imagine." Listen to the words and think about them. It's probably the best wisdom we have in this day and age.

May 20, 2011 at 10:59 am |
    • jimtanker

If we're lucky then this will end like Heaven's Gate.

May 20, 2011 at 11:00 am |
  16. Rush Limbaugh's Favorite Donkey P0rn Film

What great publicity! I bet this Camping guy is making a fortune on this.

May 20, 2011 at 10:54 am |
  17. Sorting Hat

May 20, 2011 at 10:48 am |
  18. Adelina

CNN, Christians in China and Central Asia are suffering from literal persecutions, not just oppressions. Why are you covering this domestic New York problem the whole time this week?

May 20, 2011 at 10:43 am |
  19. Adelina

Christians, please be kind to this group on May 21 when they realize their prediction came to nothing. You unconditional love from Christ is the only hope they can see. Please don't accuse them or look down on them with the rest of Americans. Sometimes people really get carried away with no good reason. They'll need your loving testimonies of truth continuously especially in their most humiliating moments.

May 20, 2011 at 10:41 am |
    • steve

They've already heard the truth and they rejected it. They chose to follow a false prophet, and deserve all the scorn and ridicule that will come their way.

May 20, 2011 at 10:49 am |
    • jimtanker

Stupidity should be painfull. I hope that the ones that spent their life savings end up under a bridge the rest of their life.

May 20, 2011 at 10:57 am |
    • HeavenSent

Adelina, spoken like a true child of God's.

Amen.

May 20, 2011 at 10:58 am |
    • The Bobinator

So, many people were duped into believing something that wasn't true. Perhaps this should be a clue to people believing in other things that may not be true.

The lesson is "Just because a claim is made doesn't mean it's true. Evidence tells you it's true."

May 20, 2011 at 11:08 am |
    • Adelina

@Bobi, Christianity is full of evidences. I feel sorry for your fiction writing leaders who say creation creates itself. No evidence for that.

May 20, 2011 at 11:12 am |
    • Brett's Wife

I feel sorry for the children who have been affected by their parents arrogant ignorance and may wind up homeless. Adelina, I believe that we should not ridicule and treat poorly anyone, regardless of who they are, but it is not us who should greet them with open arms on Sunday morning at church. These people need to repent and ask for forgiveness, and if it takes a large serving of humble pie gets them there... I say serve it on the fine china.

May 20, 2011 at 11:12 am |
    • Mike, not me

Bob,
      "So, many people were duped into believing something that wasn't true"

Like technology will help you do your job quicker giving you more free time

Or Eggs are good for you
      Or Eggs are bad for you

Or doctors recommend cigarettes

Or removing religion removes violence (see Communist Russia, Nazi Germany and the French Revolution).

May 20, 2011 at 11:23 am |
    • Free

Adelina-
      But God always being isn't silly? Catch up on some science. There actually is evidence to support a universe coming into being naturally.

May 20, 2011 at 12:37 pm |
    • Free

Funny, I'm not hearing a whole lot of respect for these folk's beliefs here from anyone, their fellow Christians included. Usually you guys complain like crazy when it's just us atheists pointing out something crazy. Pot, meet kettle!

May 20, 2011 at 12:43 pm |
    • civiloutside

I would say that these people will be plenty deserving of our compassion. They got bilked. Lied to. Some of them will have their lives shattered for nothing worse than trusting the wrong person. Nobody is a perfect lie detector, and if you really think you can't possibly be scammed it's most likely because you've never been targeted by someone really good at it. So have some sympathy for these folks, ok?

May 20, 2011 at 2:04 pm |
    • Free

civiloutside-
      However, being too kind to these folks might make it that much easier for the next scam artist to gather marks, right? Perhaps this is a time when it's best to be cruel to be kind and really lay the humiliation on thick. That way, perhaps, more people will be repulsed by the idea of being made fun of and choose not to follow the next charlatan like this? Just a thought...

May 20, 2011 at 2:37 pm |
    • civiloutside

I think it's more likely that if we lay it on too thick they'd just conclude that we're jerks and our opinion of them can then be safely dismissed.

May 20, 2011 at 3:06 pm |
    • Free

civiloutside-
      Sadly, you may be right about that, and I doubt that they get the moral of "The Emperor's New Clothes" either.

May 20, 2011 at 4:20 pm |
    • Frogist

@Free: There's an interesting article on cognitive dissonance I just read at Time.com. It says there's a strong probability that these believers will just believe even more than they did before. They will so not want to look like fools that they will just convince themselves it was all true anyway. And the more that the falseness of it is pointed out to them, the more they might grip onto their ideas. Seeing as how they basically have been thru this before, it's more than likely that they will just don't stop believing. (Now I got Journey in my head).
      Anyways, it's always been my philosophy to try to be as kind as possible to believers just so their idea of the 'angry atheist' is challenged. I doubt it's particularly convincing to some with such a stubborn mindset, but at least they can't call me a hypocrite for pointing out their anger and hatred.
      I am curious though... what is the official atheist response to the Saturday apocalypse anyway?

May 20, 2011 at 4:56 pm |
    • God is Short on Cash Again

So Adelina, is that how you handle all your many many many "most humiliating moments?" I mean, if your posts here are any indication, you must live in one big never-ending most humiliating moment.

May 20, 2011 at 9:20 pm |
    • Adelina

@G-S-C-A-, true Christians don't have self-caused humiliating moments by predicting the date of Judgment Day; just many times of persecutions when villains humiliated Christians and killed them for having the faith. There are A LOT of non-christian scientists and historians being humiliated for speaking contrary to the Bible and ending up being wrong.

May 21, 2011 at 4:08 am |
  20. Bucky Ball

How much ya wanna bet this guy has his speech for Sunday already written out for his show ? He's laughing all the way to the bank. He owns radio stations. Their ratings are going up. That's what this is all about. NOTHING else. I hope CNN is back at his door asking questions next week.

May 20, 2011 at 10:40 am |
    • PraiseTheLard

Of course... something probably on the lines of: Jesus appeared to me and said that the world isn't ready yet, and more work needs to be done to further the cause, so... please send some money to help us with our mission...

May 20, 2011 at 2:30 pm |