home
RSS
May 20th, 2011

Muslim convert charged with threats to 'South Park' creators

(CNN) - Federal authorities are using words uttered by the co-founder of a radical Islamic group to charge him with threats against the creators of "South Park."

A criminal complaint alleging the communication of threats was filed in Virginia late last week against Jesse Curtis Morton, also known as Younus Abdullah Mohammad.

A senior law enforcement source Thursday told CNN, which interviewed Morton in 2009, that the suspect is believed to be in Morocco, where he maintains Islampolicy.com, an English-language website propagating pro al Qaeda views.

That website is a successor to Revolutionmuslim.com.

Morton, a former resident of Brooklyn, New York, is the second person charged in the "South Park" case.

In February, Zachary Adam Chesser, 21, who admitted to posting online threats, was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

Read the full story here.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Islam • TV • Violence

1. Dyrevelfærd

Normally I do not learn post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to check out and do it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice article.

July 4, 2012 at 2:20 am |
  2. ejaculation advisor

I am not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend a while studying much more or working out more. Thank you for great information I was on the lookout for this information for my mission.

July 3, 2012 at 10:37 pm |
  3. sadiesadie

I find it humorous when people lump all religions together. I am sorry but people make fun of christians and Jesus all the time and I feel no urge to attack them. I have yet to hear of a comic or cartoonist murdered by a Christian for mocking God or drawing Jesus.
    Before you all go into a speel about how Christians have murdered tons of people please keep it in context.
    The crusades were during the middle ages and everyone was more violent and blood thirsty then regardless of religion.
    The inquisition too was during a time when the value of human life was lower.
    Today is 2011 so to compare the bombings and threats of our civilized countries with those of the past is ludicrus.
    I hope they catch and arrest those who make such threats.

May 20, 2011 at 5:19 pm |
    • Joe Christianson

Absolutely right. When there is a peaceful and reform type of Islam devoid of honor killings, threates of violence, bombs and terror I am not going to pay much attention to the comparisons.

May 20, 2011 at 6:33 pm |
  4. RAWoD

Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings.

May 20, 2011 at 12:19 pm |
    • God

Amen

May 20, 2011 at 1:23 pm |
    • Mark from Middle River

Science is also finding new andmore efficient ways for folks to kill each other. But, hold with your science tookus to the moon, when was that ... the 60's 🙂 Weren't we naplaming South East Asia about then?

May 20, 2011 at 5:41 pm |
  5. Mark from Middle River

When it comes to South Park, for me it is that they make fun of pretty much everyone. When the guy who voiced Chief got upset and left when they attacked Scientology I understood his anger but he did not remember him speaking out when the writers attacked other segments of society.

This is why this guy, to me is the same as so many that get mad when the insults come around their group but were on the group laughing the weeks before when South Park attacked other faiths and groups. That is a problem with many Muslims, if it does not effect Muslims they are sadly silent.

First they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me. Pastor Martin Niemöller

May 20, 2011 at 11:54 am |
  6. Artist

Just another religious nut. Weak in mind like the rest. Sheep, nothing but sheep.

May 20, 2011 at 11:48 am |
  7. Peace2All

From the Article: "Revolution Muslim's 2008 co-founders, Yousef al-Khattab and Morton, were both interviewed by CNN's Drew Griffin in October 2009. In the interview Morton, a convert to Islam and one-time follower of the Grateful Dead, (defended the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks) and argued that (further attacks on Americans were justified)

-However, Morton then said: "He did not encourage violence on U.S. soil."

-And again, Morton went on to say: "He did not define terrorism as killing innocent civilians. I define terrorism as making them fearful, so that they think twice before they go ra-pe your mother or kill your brother or go into your land and try to steal your resources."

So... He defended the terrorist attacks which obviously included killing of thousands from the 9-11 attacks. However, goes on to say that he does not believe in killing, allegedly of innocents...and...doesn't encourage violence on U.S. soil.

**Holy contradiction and B.S... Batman.

These guys... 'are'... the 'crazies' that really concern me.

Peace...

May 20, 2011 at 11:36 am |
  8. Convert to Islam or the Puppy Dies ! ! !

"One-time follower of the Grateful Dead"

I guess massive LSD consumption would make a really stupid idea like Islam look much better.

May 20, 2011 at 10:30 am |
  9. Convert to Islam or the Puppy Dies ! ! !

Allah hates cartoons! Cartoonists must die! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Allah works in mysterious ways, because you would think that if Allah really was all powerful, the South Park guys would not have become rich and successful.

May 20, 2011 at 10:21 am |
  10. JohnR

Murdering in the name of the all loving Allah. So what's new, eh?

May 20, 2011 at 9:02 am |
  11. The Bobinator

The reason why these people threaten is because their religion cannot stand up to modern day scruitiny. Well, all religions cannot to be honest.

May 20, 2011 at 8:23 am |
    • David Johnson

@The Bobinator

Good point.

Cheers!

May 20, 2011 at 10:05 am |
  12. Reality

Tick Tock There Go The Major Religions Onto the Myth Pile In A Burst of Rational Thinking:

1. There was no Abraham i.e. the foundations of Judaism, Christianity and Islam have no basis.

2. There was no Moses i.e the pillars of Judaism, Christianity and Islam have no strength of purpose.

3. There was no Gabriel i.e. Islam fails as a religion. Christianity partially fails.

4. There was no Easter i.e. Christianity completely fails as a religion.

5. There was no Moroni i.e. Mormonism is nothing more than a business cult.

6. Sacred/revered cows, monkey gods, castes, reincarnations and therefore Hinduism fails as a religion.

7. Fat Buddhas here, skinny Buddhas there, reincarnated Buddhas everywhere makes for a no on Buddhism.

May 20, 2011 at 7:58 am |