home
RSS
Doomsdays throughout time
May 22nd, 2011

Life goes on: Doomsday believers on the morning after

By Jessica Ravitz, CNN

(CNN) – Theirs had been an unwavering belief, the sort that inspired some to quit jobs, leave their homes and walk away from family and friends to issue a doomsday warning.

Without question, they believed May 21 would be the day that Jesus Christ would return and rapture them - and a select 2 to 3 percent of the world’s population - up to heaven.  Everyone left behind would be on a crash course to final destruction, scheduled for October 21.

But now it’s May 22.

The sun rose, birds are singing and life as we know it continues. Those anticipated earthquakes that the May 21 doomsdayers said would ravage the earth on Saturday at 6 p.m. in each of the world's time zones never came.

And the faithful believers - who said the Bible guaranteed this day - are still here, trying to make sense of it all.

“Of course there’s disappointment. There’s no getting around that,” said Tom Evans, who’d left his northern California home to spend the weekend with family and friends. “When you as a person believe that God is coming back, and you believe the evidence is very clear that he’s coming back, that is something every child of God longs for. In a moment, we’d be changed and spend eternity with God. I’m not ashamed of that at all. I’m not ashamed of wanting and hoping for it.”

But Evans did reveal some regret.

“For us to say it was absolute, I think that’s where we went wrong. That’s where we strayed, and that I would gladly apologize for,” he said. “Whether I personally have done something dishonorable, I’m still mulling it over. I was trying to be faithful.”

Evans spoke to CNN as an individual, not as a spokesperson for Family Radio, the Oakland, California, Christian broadcasting network behind the May 21 movement.

But Evans has been a paid spokesman for the network, a job he said he expects to resume - at least in the short term - after he and Family Radio's board of directors meet with Harold Camping, the network's 89-year-old founder.

“I have not spoken to Mr. Camping about the issue of what to do next,” Evans said. “But he and his wife are fine, and our response will come in the early part of next week.”

Camping, a degreed engineer (not a pastor) who claims to have made the Bible his “university” for more than 50 years, has experience with failed prophecies. He once claimed the world would end in September 1994, later chalking that snafu up to biblical miscalculations and the need for further study. This time around, he said earlier this year, he had no doubts.

Calls to Camping's Alameda, California, home, went unanswered.

CNN reached out Sunday morning to about a dozen doomsday believers, to see how they felt after waking up. Only Evans and one other responded.

"I'm fine Jessica, really!" Darryl Keitt, of Elizabeth, New Jersey, who spent about seven months touring the country in a caravan of RVs, sharing the doomsday warning, wrote in a text message. "Just need 2 process this."

Those who’ve studied end-of-the-world movements are analyzing what happened, or didn’t happen, and forecasting what will come next.

“In the end, it was a whimper, not a bang,” said Lorenzo DiTommaso, author of the forthcoming book “The Architecture of Apocalypticism” and an associate professor of religion at Concordia University in Montréal, Canada. “The 21st of May came and went, and with it Harold Camping’s prediction of the coming of the Rapture and the day of doom.”

Based on past doomed doomsdays, much can be learned, said DiTommaso, who has studied apocalyptic worldviews for 12 years.

He shared what he meant in a written statement to CNN:

Historically, failed prophecies tend to result in disillusionment, with members deserting the group, or, more typically, a faith-saving (and face-saving) statement to the effect that while divine revelation remains infallible, human calculation is not. In short: The math was off, and it’s back to the drawing board. If the logic seems a bit self-serving, recall that in the apocalyptic mindset, faith precedes theory, and theory informs the evidence.

Not that any of this will preclude the appearance of future doomsday predictions. “Apocalypse,” Frank Kermode once observed, “can be disconfirmed without being discredited.” The massive 2012 phenomenon [based on the Mayan “Long Count” calendar] lurks just over the horizon. Even if the media and the public are over-saturated right now, the 2012 event promises to be as big as Y2K. After that, when the predicted events of the 21st of December 2012 fail to occur, a new generation of end-time prophecies will spring up. And that’s about the only sure prediction that one can make.

- CNN Writer/Producer

Filed under: Bible • Christianity • Culture wars • End times

soundoff (2,964 Responses)
  1. Organized Religion

For the people asking "How can you be sure there is no god?"

Nobody should be saying that. You can't say There is no god, the argument is "There is no proof there is a god." Pious christians have this smug little aphorism, what's the atheist going to say when god does show up? That will show him he's wrong, and we were right this whole time. HA!" But the real answer is the atheist will say, ok that's proof you exist, now I believe.

Saying "Prove there isn't a god, yo," violates the null hypothesis. You have to prove something exists, you can't prove it doesn't. That's why its called Positivism.

God is a taco that poops ice cream. Prove he isn't yo.

May 23, 2011 at 9:56 am |
    • Sean

Christianity is crazy any person that would crusade to spread their religion and then kill those who dont believe does not seem like what christians like to call a "good christian". Here is why people believe they figure if I am right I go to heaven if I am wrong doesnt matter...

May 23, 2011 at 10:12 am |
  2. ts

All religion is false. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will.

May 23, 2011 at 9:55 am |
  3. Joe

Harold Camping owes the world an apology palin and simple. A number of people truly believed him and the rest of us deep down in side were holding our collectives breaths until Satuday passed. Also this guy can't say oh I made another mistake and the real day is. That type of statement would be totally unaceptable and if he does that then the law should step in and do something about it.

May 23, 2011 at 9:54 am |
    • Colin

Who is the bigger fool, the fool that leads or the fools that blindly follow the fool?

I see why the Christians sing, "The Lord is my Shepherd," they are bleeting, mindless sheep.

May 23, 2011 at 9:59 am |
  4. sw

I think this is all silly noone know's what will happen.Also why do people have to set a date when if you really think about it people are raptured and judged every day.I am sure everyone has heard this for every time a life ends another is born.I have just lost a good friend on thursday and if you ask me it's not god doing the judging it's the people.I think the only one who should jude you is you.

May 23, 2011 at 9:54 am |
  5. Bob

Christianity was around more than 1600 years before anyone mentioned "the Rapture", and another couple hundred more years before it became a popular belief. Until then, parables were interpreted as parables.

May 23, 2011 at 9:53 am |
  6. PAULA

HABAKKUK 2:3,4 HARMONIZES WITH Matthew 25:5
    TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!!

May 23, 2011 at 9:53 am |
  7. Laughing

I'm just waiting for the excuse of "oh we meant off a different calendar or miscalculated the date etc..." Whatever Camping and other snake oil salesmen plan to come up with to fleece the flock for a little longer. What a scam, and a dumb one at that.

May 23, 2011 at 9:52 am |
  8. loddy

But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come. MARK 13: 32-37

May 23, 2011 at 9:51 am |
  9. Kat

"When you as a person believe that God is coming back, and you believe the evidence is very clear that he’s coming back" – What evidence?? He said he had evidence?! I want to know what he considered evidence!

May 23, 2011 at 9:50 am |
  10. The Jackdaw

This sort of thing should shatter the faith of these fools. Instead, all we see is more foolishness. Are people that desperate to be special and have a friend? What a joke.

May 23, 2011 at 9:49 am |
    • DAB

The only thing that should be shattered is there faith in anyone who tries to predict when Christ will come back. Those of us who are Christians believe that Christ will surley come back. However, the bible tells us no man knows that day nor the hour in which the son of man will return. For non believers I can only hope that you will come to know that saving grace of Christ Jesus. Regardless you are still loved with the love of Christ!!

May 23, 2011 at 10:06 am |
    • James

Some people just have to believe in something and without that "something" then they feel that their life is meaningless and not worthwhile. Even when the evidence piles against you, it's hard to accept that everything you feel and believe is absolutely wrong. Personally I'd rather they spent their time working w/ charities and helping people rather than milling about, preaching that the world is going to end but I guess that in general they are pretty harmless and at least they're not the kind of religious nut that harms other people.

May 23, 2011 at 10:06 am |
    • The Jackdaw

Well, nothing will make a religion work better than an open ended prophecy.

May 23, 2011 at 10:07 am |
    • The Jackdaw

James, people gave up their jobs, life savings and walked away from their children to follow this cook. That’s not harm?

May 23, 2011 at 10:11 am |
  11. Sean

The Bible is a book of fiction not fact. It was written by man as a tool to scare people into "believing" so the church could make more money. The earth is 4 billion years old not the 10,000 or so years old the bible proclaims. I have no problem with people believing in a higher power, but to say the bible is the word of god and is full of verafiable facts is just plain wrong.

May 23, 2011 at 9:49 am |
    • Erica

I do not know how in the world you all can say that there is no God, look around you. Unfortunately "allot" of people have had a part in turning God's word around. May God have mercy on your soul for saying those kind of comments. GOD BLESS YOU!

May 23, 2011 at 9:58 am |
    • Maens

Sean, well said.

May 23, 2011 at 10:00 am |
    • Sean

What is around me to prove gods existance. I am not sure what to believe all I know is the bible is B.S. and organized religion is a way to make money. The church prays on desperate people saying your life will be so much better if you give us your money we will pray for you and you will be so happy. No you will just have gave money that should have went to helping your family to a church that could care less that you exist.

May 23, 2011 at 10:06 am |
    • James

You're oversimplifying. The bible was also written as a history book and to give people hope and meaning in their lives not just to scare them.

May 23, 2011 at 10:09 am |
    • Sean

Maybe you are right James but the whole taking the bible literaly thing just doenst fly. When people say gay people cant get married because the bible says so are ignorant and they just pick and chose passage that fit their beliefs.

May 23, 2011 at 10:15 am |
    • PraiseTheLard

Erica wrote: "I do not know how in the world you all can say that there is no God, look around you."

I have looked around me... I've also read history... I've also studied science and math... I see people that have committed the most vile crimes in the name of "god" (whichever god they happened to be worshiping at the time)... There's just as much evidence for the existence of "god" as there is for the existence of pink unicorns...

May 23, 2011 at 10:22 am |
    • LinCA

@ PraiseTheLard.

Pink unicorns exist! See: http://weheart it.com/entry/9415763

May 23, 2011 at 10:41 am |
  12. Gaunt

So what will Harold Camping do now? Count his money and laugh at the morons who fell for his con... AGAIN! Lest you thin k for one second that Camping is a harmless preacher, his Family Radio has recieved upwards of $100 MILLION dollars in donations in the last decade, and more than $16 million in the last year alone. His increasingly widespread media empire is now worth $72 million, and according to the IRA (reported in the NY Times), Family Radio has over $23 million invested in long term stocks and bonds. Long Term. Think about that for a moment.

Camping and his con-artist family knew the world wasnt going to end, but they saw an opportunity to part fools from their money, tens of millions of dollars worth, and while they were selling everything and ridding themselves of worldly posessions in preparation for the rapture, he was investing his 'donations' in long term investments.

This man and his entire clan should be rotting in jail.

We dont know what camping's reaction will be to being proven wrong, but I can guess what his reaction WONT be: he certainly wont be refunding the poor fools their donations. The only difference between Camping and Jim Jones is that Jones took his apocalyptic con one step further.

May 23, 2011 at 9:49 am |
    • Bob

"...according to the IRA..." Irish Republican Army or Individual Retirement Account?

May 23, 2011 at 9:56 am |
  13. paul

How about stop pretending that earth is prison and some mystical being is going to beam you up. Use the 8 hours on sunday to clean up your city, volunteer at the local zoo or just do something constructive with the time. If anyone has a chance to be beamed up, wouldn't it be the Jews. The chosen ones. Um, maybe the Muslims. Some one has to tend to those virgins.

May 23, 2011 at 9:44 am |
  14. Malkntnt

I say we all file a class-action suit against Family Radio for severe emotional distress. I have been unable to sleep for weeks and it has placed undo stress upon my relationship with God. Obviously I'm being a smart@$$ here. This amounts to screaming "FIRE!" in a crowded building. It caused (gullible) people to spend their entire life savings, take out loans, some people to commit suicide or murder, among other things. It was irresponsible and criminal. Family Radio generated lots of income in donations during this campaign. They used sensational claims for their worldly betterment. Time to pay the piper, IMO.

May 23, 2011 at 9:43 am |
    • SeanNJ

I call it "thinning the herd."

May 23, 2011 at 9:46 am |
  15. Organized Religion

One day old Thrashbarg said that Almighty Bob had declared that he, Thrashbarg, was to have first pick of the sandwiches. The villagers asked him when this had happened, exactly, and Thrashbarg said it had happened yesterday, when they weren't looking. 'Have faith,' Old Thrashbarg said, 'or burn!'

They let him have first pick of the sandwiches. It seemed easiest.

May 23, 2011 at 9:42 am |
  16. lance corporal

HA HA HO HO HEE HEE

May 23, 2011 at 9:40 am |
  17. john

atheists are always angry and sad. kinda shows you.

May 23, 2011 at 9:37 am |
    • Organized Religion

Christians are always judging, and smug

May 23, 2011 at 9:44 am |
    • cmethink

Then why is it always a religious person that is wishing for the death and destruction of the human race?

May 23, 2011 at 9:45 am |
    • David Johnson

@john

You said: "atheists are always angry and sad. kinda shows you."

I'm not angry. I'm totally not sad. The doomsdayer failure is a black eye for all Christians. Why would that make me sad? LOL

Cheers!

May 23, 2011 at 9:48 am |
    • Colin

Odd, it seems the Christains are the ones who require a magic sky fairy to give them "hope". As an atheist, I can assure you that neither I nor any atheist I know are bitter or angry at the Christians for being so superst-itious.

May 23, 2011 at 9:48 am |
    • Hakon

"Atheists always angry or sad??"

No, eternally perplexed by the sheer, willful stupidity and ignorance of Theists, but most often, we're just PLAIN DOUBLED OVER IN LAUGHTER ! Thanks for the laughs on Saturday....I'm still chuckling.

May 23, 2011 at 9:51 am |
    • The Jackdaw

I’m not angry or sad. I’m just in bewilderment of the stupidity I see coming from the religious.

May 23, 2011 at 9:52 am |
    • Organized Religion

I think the phenomenon you are experiencing can be explained by qualifying it with the phrase "when talking to me." Just like people you work with are abrupt and rude "when talking to me." The other 23 hours of the day, they are happy, considerate, humorous, and loving. It's just not when you are around.

May 23, 2011 at 10:01 am |
  18. Keith

In the bible it says NO man knows when Jesus is coming back...not sure where these people are getting their facts from but it isn't the chistian bible lol

May 23, 2011 at 9:37 am |
    • chefdugan

Anyone who believes in that litany of disillusion called the bible deserves to be fooled. These people are pathetic and their reason for that junk not happening are even more pathetic.

May 23, 2011 at 9:44 am |
    • dc4sense

Maybe a WOMAN knows...remember LOTR Return of the King?.....

May 23, 2011 at 9:50 am |
    • LinCA

No facts will ever be found in the bible.

May 23, 2011 at 10:44 am |
  19. Amber

I wonder what's going through Camping mind now. I agree with Shamrock6, people say Jesus is coming back soon. That's still predicting God's choice. You cannot make that decision of the world ending just because of wars and violence. If that's the case this world would have ended a long time ago. I feel a man really don't know when this world is going to end. Keep predicting if you want to, you gone end up in disappointment just like the ones before. It's like y'all telling God what to do. Seriously stop trying to cut people life short and live your life. Like pccoder says, "just kill yourself if you want to be with your maker so badly"

May 23, 2011 at 9:36 am |
    • David Johnson

@Amber

You said: "I wonder what's going through Camping mind now. I agree with Shamrock6, people say Jesus is coming back soon. That's still predicting God's choice."

Yep, Camping and company's only sin was picking a date and time of their humiliation. The Evangelical pukes are always squawking about Jesus being on the way...sort of like Santa. The Westboro Baptist Church has been predicting the imminent return of Christ for at least 2 years.

You can get a lot of mileage out of Jesus' return, but you can't give a date or you kill the golden goose.

But keep in mind, each Evangelical is symbolically standing with their doomsdayer brethen. Britches full of crap, waiting on their dear sweet lord. Amen!

Cheers!

May 23, 2011 at 9:58 am |
  20. musikpal

Prophecy of a false prophet is not new n will always b, but here's a
    thought 4 u.....

May 23, 2011 at 9:36 am |
    • Gaunt

"How can we say there is no god?"

Easily. Tell you what, you provide a single shred of positive evidence of some divine creator, let alone a divine creator that follows the contradictory and judgemental christian doctrine, and we can talk.

Until then, I can just as easily yell out, 'are you SURE we all dont live in the tear duct of a gigantic space marmot?' Are you SURE?

May 23, 2011 at 9:44 am |
    • echo

so.... if we have a limitation and don't understand something we should attribute it to a supreme being?

Ancient people didn't understand rain, thunder, the sun, the moon, change of season. once it is understood... I don't think we are still attributing thunder to Thor anymore...

May 23, 2011 at 9:52 am |
    • musikpal

@Guant, If u follow the reasoning, u'll see that the argument I raised here is not to show a proof that God exists, but to reason for u that it is not legitimate to say "there's no God"

May 23, 2011 at 9:55 am |
    • CoolDude

It's hard to take you serious when you write like a 13 year old texting girl...

May 23, 2011 at 9:55 am |
    • Snit

Can you provide a single shred of positive evidence that humans evolved from some mud that was struck by lightning? In fact, the possiblity of that happening is statistically impossible. And I encourage you to read the Bible and find something contradictory in it...I've never heard of anybody that has ever found contradiction in the Bible.

May 23, 2011 at 9:58 am |
    • musikpal

@echo, rain, thunder, the sun r parts of matter/energy n we have always been incapable of understanding them. Infinity is different, it's not matter/energy we will never be able to understand it because it's beyond our mind, it's our LIMITATION, that's why I compare us as the fish in a tank. Well, try ponder at infinity.

May 23, 2011 at 10:05 am |
    • Gaunt

Snit, you are too stupid to live. never heard of a contradiction? Then you are blind and you have never read the Bible. Only the most delusional of people could make such an absurd claim without bursting into laughter.

Oh and Snit, humans didnt evolve from mud struck by lightning, they evolved from complicated amino acids swimming in primordial ooze, and yes I can provide positive evidence because scientists have replicated it. Repeatedly.

Like all zealous retards, you are happy to yell and scream about the problems with science, while remaining completely ignorant of the subject. If you zealots would just READ a sceince book instead of burning them, you might educate yourself on reality.

May 23, 2011 at 10:23 am |
    • David Johnson

@musikpal

R u REALLY SURE there's no God? R things we r living in absolute? Will science like Newtonian Mechanics always work on a large scale object below the speed of light? It appears so in our dimension, but is this it?No, of course we can't say this is it because we have a limitation, that limitation is we can never understand Infinity. For us to try to understand infinity would b like a fish confined in a fish tank who knows all the detail inside the fish tank, but have no comprehension about the things it see through beyond the 4 glassy walls (which is its limitation). If u live on a straight line, can u understand a life on a plane? NO. If u live on a plane, can u understand a 3D life?NO. So if we live in this 4D life with boundary (we r bounded by infinity, just like a plane is an infinity to a straight line, n so on), how can we then say there's no more dimension beyond this infinity?How can we say,then,there is no God?"

Actually, since it is the believers that are positing a god, it would be their burden to supply evidence that god does indeed exist.

Extraordinary claims, requires extraordinary evidence – Carl Sagan

No one can prove a negative. I can't prove that god does not exist. I also can't prove Santa Claus does not exist. But in life, we decide what is real and not real, based on what we feel is probable. I bet you wouldn't argue that Santa is a myth. I bet you would agree that the god(s) of the other religions, do not exist.

I think we can rule out god, in the same way we rule out any other mythological creature. We can't prove vampires or werewolves or fairies don't exist. But, I bet you would agree, that they are not real. They just don't fit in with reality.

So, we can look for attributes of god, that should provide evidence that He exists.
      If positive evidence is found, we should conclude that god probably exists.
      If positive evidence is not found, then we should conclude that the Christian God, beyond a reasonable doubt, does not exist. Just like Santa. Just like fairies. Just like vampires.

One of the most compelling reasons for rejecting god, is the fact that there are so many versions of god(s). Some, not even human (The elephant-faced god – Ganesha etc.). Each religion, each denomination of each religion, defines god's wants differently. All of these religions cannot be right. But they can all be wrong.
      Perhaps man has not yet found the one true god, or perhaps He does not exist.

Why would the Christian god leave room for confusion? If He exists, wouldn't He want everyone to know He exists and is the one true god?

1 Timothy 2: 3 – 5 says the Christian god does desire this:

3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
      4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
      5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1. If the Christian God existed, this fact would be obvious.
      So obvious in fact, that EVERYONE, or nearly everyone would believe in His existence. There would be only worshipers of the one true god.

2. The Christian God's existence is not, in fact, as obvious as we would expect, if he existed.
      This fact is evidenced by all the different religions, plus us nasty atheists.

3. Therefore, the Christian God is very unlikely to exist.

In the same vein as the above, notice how many denominations of Christianity there are (~ 34,000). Each denomination can show you scripture, that "proves" they alone, understand the wants of Jesus/god.

All of the denominations could not be correctly interpreting the bible. Many are contradictory.
      Many of these denominations believe only their members will be saved.

If the Christian god exists, and He is all knowing and all powerful and all good, why didn't He provide a bible that could not be misinterpreted? That everyone's comprehension of His wants would be the same?

ambiguity – a word or expression that can be understood in two or more possible ways : an ambiguous word or expression.

1. If the Christian god exists, He would want everyone to know His wants, without ambiguity.
      Otherwise, what would be the point of god supplying man with a book of His will?

2. The bible god provided, is ambiguous.
      This fact is evidenced by there being 34,000 different denominations of Christianity.

3. Therefore, the Christian god is very unlikely to exist.

Another reason to reject the idea of a god, is because there appears to be no need for one. Each hour of each day, science fills another gap in man's knowledge, that god once filled.
      We don't want to postulate what isn't necessary.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

If the Christian god so loves the world, why does he allow / cause so much suffering? Disease, famine, floods, earthquakes etc. ad infinitum, ad nauseum. ?

I can explain the existence of these horrors as being due to natural causes, and evolution but my explanation fails when I include an all loving Creator in the equation. I keep getting a "Can't divide by zero" error.

Christians say their god is omnibenevolent (all good); omnipotent (all powerful); omniscient ( all knowing)

1. If the Christian god is all knowing, He would know of the suffering endured on earth.

2. If the Christian god is all good, He would want to rid the world of suffering / evil.

3. If the Christian god is all powerful, He would be able to rid the world of suffering / evil.

4. Yet, evil persists.

Therefore, the Christian god is very unlikely to exist.

The Christian god is said to be omniscient and omnipotent. But these attributes are not compatible.
      If the Christian god is all knowing, if the future can be known, then even god would be bound by events in the future. Everything would be predetermined.

1. If the Christian god, knows what will happen in the future, and does something else...then, He is not all knowing.

2. If the Christian god knows the future and cannot change it, then He is not all powerful.

3. The attributes attributed to the Christian god conflict with one another. The Christian god is very unlikely to exist.

Evolution, with its evidence of transitional fossils, geological column, DNA evidence, vestigial organs etc., is very damning to the biblical Creation Story.

If god created all the organisms on the planet, then He must have created even the diseases that have caused and are causing so much death and misery for humans and animals. He would have had to fashion the tick and the flea. The mosquito and blood flukes. And worms that bore into a child's eye.

How could an all good god do such a thing? Why would He spend His time creating gruesome things to cause human suffering? Yet, these horrors exist. And if god didn't create them, who did?

Evolution explains the diversity of the planet's organisms, including the pathogens and the parasites that have caused so much human death and misery.

If the Creation Story is a fable, then Adam and Eve did not exist.

If Adam and Eve did not exist, then there was no original sin.

If there was no original sin, then it cannot be the reason god allows so much suffering in the world.

If there was no original sin, then there was no need for a redeemer.

If there was no redeemer, then Christianity is based on a false premise
      If the Creation story is a myth, then there is no reason to believe any of the bible.
      LOL, which is why the fundies fight so hard against evolution.

The Christian god is no more likely to exist than unicorns, satyrs, fiery serpents, or talking snakes.

Cheers!

nevaeh cindy missy
      Evidence Against God II

Extraordinary claims, requires extraordinary evidence – Carl Sagan
      I think we can rule out god, in the same way we rule out any other mythological creature. Never actually proving there is no god, but close enough for arguments sake. A preponderance of the evidence if you will. In life, we decide if things exist or not, all the time. You have ruled out Santa, the Easter Bunny and all the other gods, man has concocted...except yours. Hmmm...
      One of the most compelling to me, is the fact that there are so many versions of god(s). Some, not even human (The elephant-faced god – Ganesha etc.). Each religion, each denomination of each religion, defines god's wants

May 23, 2011 at 10:23 am |