home
RSS
May 25th, 2011

From tornado to hospital, prayer sustains Missouri family

By Eric Marrapodi and Brian Todd, CNN

Joplin, Missouri (CNN) - It’s quiet here. The only sound in the hospital room is the steady hum of a ventilator pushing air into Lage Grigsby’s lungs. It’s a stark contrast to the haunting noise of Sunday's Joplin tornado, which put him here.

Lage’s father, James Grigsby, sits by his 14-year-old son’s bedside anxiously keeping vigil, praying and hoping his boy will pull through OK. Lage is in a medically induced coma.

He has an open skull fracture and a broken vertebra in his neck. His doctors suspect he may have a brain injury and be partially paralyzed but they don’t yet know for sure. There’s a chance he won’t be able to kick a soccer ball again - or even be able to remember a time when he did.

Lage his family live one town over from Joplin, in Neosho, Missouri. On Sunday, Lage was with his grandparents and cousin, Mason, at the Home Depot in Joplin. His grandfather parked his red dual-wheeled pickup truck at the front entrance and quickly ran in to deal with a refund on some wires he picked up earlier.

“My daughter told me they spotted one on the ground,” said Sharon Lillard, Lage’s grandmother, recalling how word of the tornado quickly spread via cell phone. She was still in the truck with Lage and Mason.

“We was getting ready to get out and go into the store but the wind was blowing so hard we couldn’t even get out of the vehicle,” she said.

They watched as orange shopping carts took flight.

“I turned around and pushed my grandkids down to the floorboard,” she said. “I kept telling them, ‘We need to pray. God’s going to take care of us.’ ”

The windows in the truck shattered, sending glass flying into Lillard’s back. She bit her tongue; she didn’t want to scare her grandchildren.

“Then all of a sudden we felt the truck go in the air.”

“All I kept saying was ‘God protect us,’” Lillard said. “Because that’s all we had was God to protect us. We didn’t know what was going to happen.”

The one-ton truck was picked up like a ball and thrown into the Home Dept’s outdoor garden section, a football field and a half away from where they had parked. It landed by the lawnmowers.

“All I could do is pray someone would find us quick because I couldn’t do any screaming or anything because my head was pushed into the seat.”

Besides the glass in her back, Lillard had a broken arm. Mason was injured, too. A piece of rebar had gone through her shoulder and out her back.

Lage had been thrown from the truck and landed outside, nearby.

The Home Depot was completely destroyed, an unrecognizable mass of tangled rebar and concrete. A number of bodies have since been pulled from the store's wreckage.

Rescuers quickly found Lage, his grandmother and his cousin. They cut Mason out of the truck and rushed Lage to nearby Freeman Health System, the Joplin hospital spared by the half-mile wide tornado (the city’s other hospital, St. John's Regional Medical Center, was badly damaged.)

“When he presented he had a dilated pupil, which is a serious neuralgic problem, indicating that the person is about to neurologically die," said Lage’s nuerosurgeon, Dr. Arthur Daus.

The news provoked Lage’s dad to pray hard: “Don’t take my son, Lord,” James Grigsby prayed, “please don’t take my son.”

Dr. Daus preformed six hours of surgery to save Lage’s life, removing parts of dead brain tissue and the skull to allow the brain to swell.

There’s a chance Lage will regain his cognitive function, Daus said, but it will require a near miracle.

Hospital staff quietly come in and out of Lage’s room at the intensive care unit, where the boy lies still except for the occasional twitch of his leg or squeeze of his dad’s hand. A bandage covers his head.

They had to shave his long brown hair, styled like Justin Bieber - though his dad said Lage would hate it if you described it that way.

"It really disheartens me, because I'm used to seeing him happy and so vibrant,” Grigsby said. “He's a very energetic boy,” Grigsby said, holding his son’s hand.

"This isn't the boy who walks up behind me and goes 'Dad, can I get on the computer? Dad, can I play the X-box? Dad, can I go and ride my bike?"

Through the pain and anxiety, Grigsby said his faith remains firm. The family regularly attends the Church of Christ in Neosho.

“We’re a very Christian-bound family,” Grigsby said. Lage, who has four siblings, is active in the Royal Rangers, a Christian version of the Boy Scouts.

“The hard part about this is I know God’s hand has been in this and works through this,” Grigsby said. “He is here and is at least with us at this point.”

Grigsby says he praying for his neighbors, too.

"I know there's probably people out there who are going to be disheartened by this—I got to keep my son and they may not have,” he said. “I’m one of the lucky ones.”

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Christianity • Missouri

1. Mr Marmite

I wonder what all the victims of the tornado did to annoy their god? I can only assume he must be very angry with them, as it seems he was responsible for saving the others.

June 5, 2011 at 7:42 pm |
    • T's Grl

Why did you have to post such meaness-no matter your beliefs, I cannot understand what possible good reason you can give.

June 6, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
  2. geordie

my heart breaks for you. im a 49 year old dad myself, and im in tears reading this. i hope your son makes it through

June 5, 2011 at 3:30 pm |
  3. mark

Try first aid rather than prayer, it'll work better.

June 5, 2011 at 3:19 pm |
    • Diana

Mark, this is not true. You are wrong.

June 5, 2011 at 5:54 pm |
    • LIon

When First aid has been applied and everthing medically has and is being done by the professionals Prayer is all that is left to do for those that are helpless to do anything else but to Pray.

June 5, 2011 at 6:43 pm |
    • DianD

Both things can help. If they have faith in god then so be it.

June 6, 2011 at 10:42 am |
  4. Kyle Field

I am so sick of "All I could do is pray". Bunch of idiots...if there was a God, this kind of stuff wouldn't happen. When you die, you die...that's it...nobody can prove there is a heaven. Dinosaurs walked the earth 230,000,000 years ago...way before "God" was around, according to the Bible. The sooner you look at the facts (science), the sooner you'll realize the church is nothing more than a tax-free money making SCAM led by pedophiles!

June 5, 2011 at 10:28 am |
    • steve

Which part of the Bible tells when God was "around"? The Bible never gives any indication when God created the world.People make assumptions which you have taken as fact. Check your facts. Your logic is also warped. Bad stuff happens because there is evil in the world. That does not negate God. Just because you do not believe something does not make it go away.

June 5, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
    • Diana

Kyle,
      I use to go to Church when I was in my 20's and 30's. I haven't been in years but God still hears my prayers and answers them too. I have prayed for many sick and dying famiyl members, friends. And because of my LOVE for God and his Son and my faith, they recovered with NO side effects. Kyle, If you ever got sick enough to die or in a wreck and doctors tell your loved ones there is no hope, you better PRAY there is believers out there that will intercede for you in prayer and pray for your healing and recovery. I pray for your heart, it's ice cold. I pray someone comes into you life and with love warms it spiritually.

June 5, 2011 at 6:04 pm |
    • Izzisgirl

Kyle "nobody can prove there is a heaven".

Can you prove there isn't?

June 5, 2011 at 9:34 pm |
    • MatKat19

You are truly an example of what happens when parents don't do their job. This story is about a family's suffering it is not about your opinion on religion or about yourself. If you do not like the subject of religion, simply do not click on these sections.

June 8, 2011 at 2:50 am |
  5. Ruth

Is the grandfather okay?

June 5, 2011 at 5:26 am |
    • Kyle Field

Not really...he chews with his mouth open, snores REALLY loud, and still can't work the TV remote without help.

June 5, 2011 at 10:33 am |
  6. May Olusola

Wishing this family speedy recovery in all areas of their lives!

May Olusola

June 4, 2011 at 12:16 pm |
  7. James Black

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGSvqMBj-ig&w=640&h=360]

June 2, 2011 at 7:22 pm |
    • Sandra Rodgers

Thank you 4 this~a beautiful expression of God, I just now read this and prayer does change things~~hoping it is in the Will of God to heal him. In Jesus name, Amen
      "

June 5, 2011 at 6:44 am |
  8. Muneef

(MUST READ) A Modern Culture of Insults
    Some people are disposed to be rude and abrasive. They speak harsh words that show no strength of argument or evidence, but are full of insults and abuse.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Those who habitually curse will not be among the intercessors and witnesses on the Day of Judgment." [Sahîh Muslim]

Likewise, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "A believer is neither a habitual curser nor a habitual accuser. He is not vile nor is he obscene." [Sunan al-Tirmidhî]

Anyone who loves the Prophet (peace be upon him) and wishes to be gathered in his company on the Day of Judgment should follow his good example. This means that he should safeguard his tongue from uttering anything other than what is good. The Prophet's advice was that "…whoever believes in Allah and in the Last Day should say something good or remain silent." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

May Allah have mercy on a person who either says something good and earns a reward or keeps quiet and thereby remains safe.

There is nothing wrong with people disagreeing and arguing with each other, especially in these troubled and confusing times. However, the way to handle disagreements is with lucid arguments and temperate speech. A person's mode of discussion should show the purity of his intentions, the strength of his intellect, and the nobility of his character.
    More at;

June 1, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
    • Muneef

Same should apply for those who love Jesus or any other prophets that they would love to join on date of Judgment....

June 1, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
    • Dave J

Yet, if I disagree with you/islam, your prophet would have me killed. I will take the harsh words thank you.

June 6, 2011 at 11:59 am |
    • Muneef

Dave J.

June 27, 2011 at 8:36 pm |
  9. Muneef

Believe me am not enjoying or happy about what has occurred to those fine people...we here in Yemen suffer the same and maybe more in deaths and distractions but manmade ones since Feb 2011 through demonstrations,civil strikes and now sparking fire for a civil war....check deaths in Sanaa ,in Taiz, in Zanzibar(Abyan)....our people suffer the same....and the only weapon we have to protect our selves other than worship and prayers for protection of our families and homes...
    Let's us pray for each others...your disastor is over while ours still coming heavier if God has no mercy for us for one reason or another....

June 1, 2011 at 11:12 am |
  10. Molly

I hope this boy makes a full recovery. If he doesn't I hope people realize it's not because God didn't love him or is punishing him or his family for anything he did. We all have a role to play in this life. When that role or duty has been fulfilled we are called back home.

June 1, 2011 at 9:19 am |
    • Muneef

Maybe this what they needed to be saved;
      Prayers

June 1, 2011 at 10:39 am |
  11. GoToHellMuneef

Don't try to sound educated when in reality all Arabs are worthless. Take your religious views and keep them to yourself...or perhaps with you to hell.

June 1, 2011 at 6:23 am |
    • Muneef

Thank you for that but thought wiser to have used your name...any way thanks and all will end to hell to be purified before we are selected for paradise....Arabs are highly educated and are covering your all your research labs and hospitals but it is you who reads nothing and does not know who is wiping his A$$ for him...
      Sorry for the language but your ignorance about Arabs hurts.....

June 1, 2011 at 9:19 am |
  12. Muneef

God never wronged the people.
    ------
    [3:117] The example of their accomplishments in this life is like a violent wind that hits the harvest of people who have wronged their souls, and wipes it out. GOD never wronged them; it is they who wronged themselves.
    ---–
    [9:70] Have they not learned anything from the previous generations; the people of Noah, `Aad, Thamood, the people of Abraham, the dwellers of Midyan, and the evildoers (of Sodom and Gomorrah)? Their messengers went to them with clear proofs. GOD never wronged them; they are the ones who wronged their own souls.
    -----
    [10:44] GOD never wrongs the people; it is the people who wrong their own souls.
    ---–
    [16:33] Are they waiting for the angels to come to them, or until your Lord's judgment comes to pass? Those before them did the same thing. GOD is not the One who wronged them; they are the ones who wronged their own souls.

[16:34] They have incurred the consequences of their evil works, and the very things they ridiculed came back to haunt them.
    -----
    [16:118] For the Jews, we prohibited what we narrated to you previously. It was not us who wronged them; they are the ones who wronged their own souls.
    -----
    [29:40] All those disbelievers were doomed as a consequence of their sins. Some of them we annihilated by violent winds, some were annihilated by the quake, some we caused the earth to swallow, and some we drowned. GOD is not the One who wronged them; it is they who wronged their own souls.
    -----
    [30:9] Have they not roamed the earth and noted the consequences for those who preceded them? They used to be more powerful, more prosperous, and more productive on earth. Their messengers went to them with clear signs. Consequently, GOD was not the One who wronged them; they are the ones who wronged their own souls.

[30:10] The consequences for those who committed evil had to be evil. That is because they rejected GOD's revelations, and ridiculed them.
    -----

May 31, 2011 at 8:43 pm |
    • T's Grl

Sir, I am a Christian and although I believe that faith in Christ's resurrection is the only true way to receive eternal life, I commend you for showing love and tempering your responses towards those who viciously malign you. God is love therefore I extend love to you and prayers of deliverance. Amen.

June 6, 2011 at 12:53 pm |
  13. Karen

Muneef- I am an American Muslim and love the things you posted by Al Bukhari but I think you are proseletyzing too hard on this blog when Americans are just trying to get their lives back after bad storms. Please limit your post to giving words of encouragement and not turning people off to ISLAM at a time like this by shoving it down their throats. Right now, there are children on ventilators as you can see in the picture above. Please don't turn people off to Islam like a lot of other Muslim brothers at this time. Be supportive and just say you are sorry this happened and what can muslims do to help. Thanks

May 31, 2011 at 7:26 pm |
    • Muneef

Karen.

Sorry for not having seen your comment before I posted my comment but believe me it is not my intentions to hurt any one or turn them off from islam....am just going on with the comments which some times draft us far from the subject blog...

May 31, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
    • Muneef

After all it is Reality who gets me drifting into posting things that are intended for him as a reminder....

May 31, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
    • bbh

very wise and compassionate

June 1, 2011 at 7:37 am |
    • Diana

THIS YOUNG MAN AND HIS FAMILY NEED ALL BELIEVERS PRAYERS!!!!!!
      I BELIEVE WE ALL PRAY TO THE SAME GOD. AM I RIGHT ?
      THERE ARE SOME OUT THERE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE IN ANYTHING. ATHEIST I GUESS. ANYONE, WHO BELIEVES IN GOD CAN PRAY FOR ME!

June 5, 2011 at 6:13 pm |
  14. Eric

But how can they say that prayer is what did this? There's no astounding evidence that suggests so. Sounds to me like they just got pretty damned lucky.

May 31, 2011 at 3:06 pm |
    • Izzisgirl

How can you say prayer **didn't** do it?

June 5, 2011 at 9:36 pm |
  15. Overcoming Illness With Joy

Thank you for continuing to report on the stories from Joplin. We spent several days helping families clean up, as we live nearby. The support from everyone around the US is encouraging and peoples' generosity is making a huge difference. Joplin will come back.

May 31, 2011 at 12:45 pm |
  16. Muneef

[55:0] In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

[55:1] The Most Gracious.

[55:2] Teacher of the Quran.

[55:3] Creator of the human beings.

[55:4] He taught them how to distinguish.

[55:5] The sun and the moon are perfectly calculated.

[55:6] The stars and the trees prostrate.

[55:7] He constructed the sky and established the law.

[55:8] You shall not transgress the law.

[55:9] You shall establish justice; do not violate the law.

[55:10] He created the earth for all creatures.

[55:11] In it there are fruits, and date palms with their h-anging fruit.

[55:12] Also grains and the sp-ice-s.

[55:13] (O humans and jinns,) which of your Lord's marvels can you deny?

[55:14] He created the human from aged clay, like the potter's clay.

[55:15] And created the jinns from bla-zing fire.

[55:16] (O humans and jinns,) which of your Lord's marvels can you deny?

May 30, 2011 at 6:08 pm |
  17. Muneef

Do although feel that such dooms days Reminders or Warners and not a gamblers who enjoy such allegation...after all how long Prophet and Messenger of God "Noah" had to warn his people before and while building his Ark in preparation for the God nominated doom date....!

Such Reminders,Warners must be saying that with the present ways that all things are being handled globally. The over growth of Fungus on man's beliefs,faiths. The fast over breed of strange Mushrooms of Idologies,Cults,Clans terrorizing innocence on the plant earth.
    The time is closer where nature will be ordered to clean it self by having several dooms days for each nation before the One big and final doom date that comes before the judgment date where then all the earthly livings that had existed on earth from the date of creation until final day would be judged and condemned either for "Punishments or Rewards" for the deeds that they had adopted during their temporary test earthly transitional life...!

May 28, 2011 at 2:43 pm |
    • Reality

What has Islam's belief in mythical Gabriel brought to us?

Some added "Reminders":

The Muslim Conquest of India – 11th to 18th century

■"The likely death toll is somewhere between 2 million and 80 million. The geometric mean of those two limits is 12.7 million. "

and the 19 million killed in the Mideast Slave Trade 7C-19C by Muslims.

and more recently

1a) 179 killed in Mumbai/Bombay, 290 injured

1b) Assassination of Benazir Bhutto and Theo Van Gogh

2) 9/11, 3000 mostly US citizens, 1000’s injured

3) The 24/7 Sunni-Shiite centuries-old blood feud currently being carried out in Iraq, US troops killed in action, 3,483 and 925 in non combat roles. 99,901 – 109,143 Iraqi civilians killed as of 3/3/2011/, mostly due to suicide bombers, http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ and http://www.defenselink.mil/news/casualty.pdf

4) Kenya- In Nairobi, about 212 people were killed and an estimated 4000 injured; in Dar es Salaam, the attack killed at least 11 and wounded 85.[2]

5) Bali-in 2002-killing 202 people, 164 of whom were foreign nationals, and 38 Indonesian citizens. A further 209 people were injured.

6) Bali in 2005- Twenty people were killed, and 129 people were injured by three bombers who killed themselves in the attacks.

7) Spain in 2004- killing 191 people and wounding 2,050.

8. UK in 2005- The bombings killed 52 commuters and the four radical Islamic suicide bombers, injured 700.

9) The execution of an eloping couple in Afghanistan on 04/15/2009 by the Taliban.

10) – Afghanistan: US troops 1,141 killed in action, 242 killed in non-combat situations as of 03/03/2011. Over 40,000 Afghan civilians killed due to the dark-age, koranic-driven Taliban acts of horror

11) The killing of 13 citizen soldiers at Ft. Hood by a follower of the koran.

12) 38 Russian citizens killed on March 29, 2010 by Muslim women suicide bombers.

13) The May 28, 2010 attack on a Islamic religious minority in Pakistan, which have left 98 dead,

14) Lockerbie is known internationally as the site where, on 21 December 1988, the wreckage of Pan Am Flight 103 crashed as a result of a terrorist bomb. In the United Kingdom the event is referred to as the Lockerbie disaster, the Lockerbie bombing, or simply Lockerbie. Eleven townspeople were killed in Sherwood Crescent, where the plane's wings and fuel tanks plummeted in a fiery explosion, destroying several houses and leaving a huge crater, with debris causing damage to a number of buildings nearby. The 270 fatalities (259 on the plane, 11 in Lockerbie) were citizens of 21 nations.

15 The daily suicide and/or roadside and/or mosque bombings in the terror world of Islam.

16) Bombs sent from Yemen by followers of the koran which fortunately were discovered before the bombs were detonated.

17) The killing of 58 Christians in a Catholic church in one of the latest acts of horror and terror in Iraq.

18) Moscow airport suicide bombing: 35 dead, 130 injured. January 25, 2011.

19) A Pakistani minister, who had said he was getting death threats because of his stance against the country's controversial blasphemy law, was shot and killed Wednesday, 3/2/2011

20) two American troops killed in Germany by a recently radicalized Muslim, 3/3/2011

21) the kidnapping and apparent killing of a follower of Zoraster in the dark world of Islamic Pakistan.

22) Shariatpur, Bangladesh (CNN 3/30/2011) – Hena Akhter's last words to her mother proclaimed her innocence. But it was too late to save the 14-year-old girl. Her fellow villagers in Bangladesh's Shariatpur district had already passed harsh judgment on her. Guilty, they said, of having an affair with a married man. The imam from the local mosque ordered the fatwa, or religious ruling, and the punishment: 101 lashes delivered swiftly, deliberately in public. Hena dropped after 70 and died a week later.

May 29, 2011 at 8:01 am |
    • Muneef

Reality.

Maybe those whom you been looking for ;

May 30, 2011 at 11:34 am |
  18. Mary

This young man is a distant relative of mine. I have known and loved his grandfather on his dad's side my entire life. Please send them healing thoughts and prayers. Whatever works for you, please send it to them.

May 28, 2011 at 12:02 am |
    • schuyler

I hope this family recovers.

June 1, 2011 at 2:50 pm |
    • Diana

MARY, DON'T KNOW IF THE FAMILY OF KYLE AND GRANDPA READS THESE POSTS. IS THERE SOMEWHERE I CAN SEND MY PRAYERS TO THEM?

June 5, 2011 at 6:17 pm |
    • Diana

MY EMAIL....denaintulsa@yahoo.com

June 5, 2011 at 6:19 pm |
  19. Muneef

Wonder were about's is "CatolicMom" she has been long time away now otherwise she would have said nicer things to this family to comfort them....any way where ever she is I send her my regards in the love of God.

May 27, 2011 at 7:36 pm |
  20. Muneef

Reality.

Hi there you say you had a gift for me? Surprised really because I feel you have nothing for any one at all,you have nothing to give or offer...!? Now to date it is nine months we been writing in this blogs and came across each other more than I came across any one else....in many of your comments you had my name mentioned...but did you once thought of saying some thing nice comforting me when I had mentioned the difficulties we pass through...have you bothered to say some thing? OH I understand now...is it because you have no God to wish me with as to may God do this or that...? Well I do not know how do you atheist make or show your wishes..but you could have done it....! Or it is your so called Atheist Religion tells you not to consider heavenly believers as humans and not to consider saying a kind word to....? Or is it a certain racial hidden hatred...? Can't understand it but what ever your religion or belief is and tells you not to be kind to others then I do not want it nor have respect to it....man you are suffering some thing....!? This is not because I need your kind words but just it surprises me your turning a blind eye....just my wish was for you before and now that may God open your eyes and guide you to the Streight Path of the Rightous...Amen.

May 27, 2011 at 7:01 pm |
    • Reality

Guiding all Muslims to the Straight Path:

SAVING 1.5 BILLION LOST MUSLIMS:
      THERE NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE ANY ANGELS I.E. NO GABRIEL, NO ISLAM AND THEREFORE NO MORE KORANIC-DRIVEN ACTS OF HORROR AND TERROR-

Muneef,

Give up Gabriel and there will be many nice things to say. Until then, no Muslim can be trusted.

May 27, 2011 at 11:05 pm |
    • Muneef

Is that so? You are not looking at it on humanitarian grounds but no grounds at all from a country that speaks of freedoms and rights? Any way dear suite your self and God is Bigger...and most generous than your emptiness....thanks any way.

May 28, 2011 at 2:40 pm |
    • Muneef

We have a saying that we quote but not sure if it works for this issue...
      We say "An excuse that is uglier than a sin"...
      Today you said "Muslims can not be trusted" am sure you say the same thing towards Christians,Jews or any God belief religion.... So you say you trust no one and expect all to say they would trust you?! Or even give up their beliefs for your nice words to say? Are you sure that you are normal and not a mental case in a way to see of your self as the Roman Caesar or Alexander the great ? Hope not as Hitler since that would mean that you will be very busy exterminating all religious ones in his same manner...?!

May 28, 2011 at 3:04 pm |
    • Muneef

The Reality of Death
      By Dr. Saleh As-Saleh
      From Oklahoma & Islam
      © Daar Al-Bukhari

Life in this world has an appointed term, and the end of the term will definitely come...
      The righteous will die and the wicked will die...
      The worriers for just causes will die and those who run from death will die
      Those who busy themselves with correct belief will die...
      and those who treat people as their slaves will die...
      The brave who rejects injustice will die, and the coward who seeks to cling on to the life at any price will die...
      The people of great concern and lofty goals will die, and wretched people who live only for cheap enjoyment will die...
      Wherever we will be, in a fortress or in a tent, we will die...
      All will die:
      Allah (God) says:
      Everyone shall taste death...
      [Quraan 3: 185]

No one will escape death. Allah says:

Say: Verily, the death from which you flee will surely meet you, then you will be sent back to (Allah), the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen, and He will tell you what you used to do.
      [Quraan 62: 8]

This life is a period of trials and tests. Allah says:

He (Allah) has created death and life, that He may test which of you is the best in deed. He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving.
      [Quraan 67:2]

May 28, 2011 at 3:22 pm |
    • Reality

What has Islam's belief in mythical Gabriel brought to us?

The Muslim Conquest of India – 11th to 18th century

and the 19 million killed in the Mideast Slave Trade 7C-19C by Muslims.

and more recently

1a) 179 killed in Mumbai/Bombay, 290 injured

1b) Assassination of Benazir Bhutto and Theo Van Gogh

2) 9/11, 3000 mostly US citizens, 1000’s injured

7) Spain in 2004- killing 191 people and wounding 2,050.

11) The killing of 13 citizen soldiers at Ft. Hood by a follower of the koran.

18) Moscow airport suicide bombing: 35 dead, 130 injured. January 25, 2011.

May 29, 2011 at 7:59 am |