home
RSS
Mark Burnett to turn the Bible into a series
May 25th, 2011

Mark Burnett to turn the Bible into a series

Oh Lord, the Bible is being turned into a miniseries.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, reality TV producer Mark Burnett will be helming the series, which will be a "five-part, 10-hour scripted docu-drama with live-action and state-of-the-art CG" to air on the History Channel.

"This is probably the most important book in mankind, regardless of your beliefs or religious affiliation," History president and general manager Nancy Dubuc told THR. "This series will bring the historical stories of the Bible to life for a new generation.

Read the full story about Burnett's Bible series on CNN's Marquee blog.
- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Bible • Culture & Science • TV

1. Adelina

@Doc Vestibule: Christians never try to harm others knowingly; we are not like atheists. The world would have been like a living hell if those Christian missionaries did not help us. Secular medics and volunteers are mimicking for the last few decades what Christianity has been doing for the last 2,000 years. Mimicking is easy; anyone can do it. The Church is doing the most difficult tasks everywhere without gettiung attention. The lesson in the Tower of Babel is that arrogance and conspiracies of humans always come to ruin – it symbolizes today's nations as well. Everything in the Bible has messages for all people everywhere today. You think the story is done because you are stupid.

May 26, 2011 at 8:16 am |
    • myweightinwords

Do you honestly believe that Christians cause no harm to anyone, on purpose or otherwise? One only has to look at the world without the blindfold to see that isn't true.

Many, many people who are not Christian work tirelessly to help others, without claim to glory or recognition, without anyone but the person they are helping noticing.

May 26, 2011 at 8:50 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

@Adelina
      So your new rationalization is that any non-christians who are undeniably doing good are just mimicking christians. I should have anticipated that particular double-think from you.
      Using that logic, I could assert that communist dictators like Stalin were just copying Christians when they said "convert and agree or die".
      And an alternative interpretation of the Babel story is that Mankind is capable of anything we set our minds to when we communicate well and work together, but God is petty and jealous and like a petulant child, He'll throw a tantrum if we're not sufficiently obsequious.

And what story do you think I believe is over?
      As for calling me stupid – I believe the wise sage Pee-Wee Herman once said "I know you are, but what am I?" Nyah nyah nyah :-p~ *thhptpt*

May 26, 2011 at 9:47 am |
    • Adelina

@My-, many non-christians do good sometimes when it's convenient, but none like Christian missionaries. No non-christian is like a Christian missionary, past and present. @Doc, you are the one who brought up the international volunteers, not me. Yes, they only copied the system Christians have been doing for centuries. Stalin is an atheist! Christiasnity spreaded by free conversion in spite of most severe persecutions all over the world. You atheists always killed those who wanted to be Christian. God told men to scatter in the time of Tower of Babel. Working together for an evil utopia deserves punishment to preserve the safety of future generations. I said you are stupid because you pretended to know something you have no idea about. You should be humbler in talking about the Bible because you are another Bible-illiterate.

May 26, 2011 at 8:46 pm |
    • Doc Vestibule

@Adelina
      I understand that Stalin was an atheist.
      You say that secular volunteers are just copying Christians.
      Using your same logic, I said that atheistic dictators were just copying Christians.
      Christianity was spread by the sword and the gun – through intimidation and fear.
      For example, the Spanish and Portuguese conquistators considered themselves "Christian Knights" and were responsible for the destruction of many grand and sprawling civilizations like the Aztecs and the Incas.
      Later, the early American settlers (ie: Puritans) systematically slaughtered countless indiginous people.
      You've stated in the past that you believe non-christian societies deserve to be wiped out, but sane people tend to shy away from trying to rationalize genocide.
      Lastly, I am not bible illiterate – all I did was offer an alternative interpretation of a particular bible story. In case you haven't noticed, there are quite literally tens of thousands of Christian sects with their own interpretations of that book – yours is not the only view, as much as you wish it were otherwise.
      The history of your religion has as much blood and bigotry as it does peace and love.

May 27, 2011 at 8:12 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

@Adelina
      Another fine example of Christian love here....
      Ratko Mladic, a General from the predominantly Orthodox Christian country of Serbia, is being brought before the Hague to be tried for crimes against humanity for his part in the slaughter of some 8,000 Muslims.
      Religious persecution of Muslims by a Christian government less than twenty years ago.

May 27, 2011 at 10:26 am |
    • Adelina

@Doc V-, you are mixing up religion, race, tribalism and nationalism altogether. For most parts, people try to be faithful to their nation, race or clan with a single religion tied to it. Christianity alone taught faith must come from free conscience. It was the most severely persecuted faith in the world and longest at that but thrived freely. You only know tiny fractions in history. Weaker natives got defeated and assimilated into the more strong new comers all the time everywhere. Europeans were fighting for survival as well. Puritans never slaughtered anyone; learn history correctly. Balkan was saved by Christian USA; I have no idea why you grumble. You hate God and His Word and that hatred is making you unable to understand anything in the Bible or of Christianity properly. Christian churches have systematic ways of interpretation; you don't. Christianity saved mankind. You American atheists should shut up and move to Siberia.

May 27, 2011 at 1:00 pm |
    • Adelina

@Doc V-, if you want detailed explanations on anything, write me a short comment, sticking to a single issue. Don't bring up several at once.

May 27, 2011 at 1:04 pm |
    • Karen

Adelina your view of the world based on Christianity is limiting you to the real truths in the world. Have you heard of the Peace Corp? They do great things and are not missionaries! I know of many non-believers that are doing great things for humanity. Christianity is not the do all with good intentions. There is a dark side you have chosen not to see, so stop blaming others for your personal ignorance.

May 27, 2011 at 1:15 pm |
    • Adelina

@Doc V-, I never stated non-christian societies deserve to be wiped out; it's your imagination and you atheists are the ones wanting to wipe out the religious people for no reason. You never try to interpret or remember correctly. No wonder you are so warped in talking about the Bible. Certain Canaanites in Joshua's time deserved annihilation as their wickedness was full, irreversable and incurable like Sodom and Gomorrah and Noah's time, but it was the few exception. Israelites always offered surrender first if there should be wars. Humane nations modeled Israel.

May 27, 2011 at 1:19 pm |
    • Adelina

Karen, what's the Peace Corp's history? I hope you remember USA is 80% Christian. (Non-christians cannot save souls with the Gospel which is the most important.) You have the Christian heritage whether you admit or not. I'm not blaming anyone for anything. You guys are the ones who are totally screwed in your own history. Thanks for ruining USA by your own hands; others who are better than you will take her up.

May 27, 2011 at 1:29 pm |
    • Karen

"Thanks for ruining USA by your own hands; others who are better than you will take her up."

LOL! You are so clueless that it's actually funny. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won't come in. LOL!

May 27, 2011 at 1:57 pm |
    • Doc Vestibule

@Adelina
      You said Christianity "was the most severely persecuted faith in the world".
      I think the Jewish people would disagree with you on that one...

You also said "but American do-cu-ments and leaders' writings were always dis-tinct Christian until about 30 years ago"
      Please then explain then the Treaty of Tripoli – signed by President John Adams in 1797 – that goes like this:
      "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—"

You said: "Christians never try to harm others knowingly"
      How about the Manmasi National Christian Army and the National Liberation Front of Tripura, who force Hindus to convert at gun point and are known to encourage the murder of Hindu children?
      Those people are simply following Saint Augustine's doctrine of 'cognite intrare' – or 'lead them in' which justifies and encourages torture, vandalism, forced conversions and using violence to convert others in the name of Christianity.
      How about The Army of God and other groups who kill doctors in the U.S. ?
      What about white supremacist Christian terrorist groups like the Aryan Nations, Aryan Republican Army, Phineas Priesthood, and The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord?
      There are PLENTY of Christians who knowingly and gleefully cause harm to others.

May 27, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
    • civiloutside

"Israelites always offered surrender first if there should be wars."

Adelina – you cannot truthfully claim to be Bible literate while also making the above claim. Anyone can read the Bible and discover that it is untrue.

May 27, 2011 at 7:58 pm |
  2. Adelina

@Civiloutside: You didn't understand Christian doctrines. When I use abstract terms such as goodness, morality, justice, and sin, I use them as strict and absolute sense while you use them in relative sense. You think you are okay because you determine everything by your relative filth. God's requirement for mankind is spotless perfection and the perfection is given to you freely by Him if you only admit that you are a creature and that you rebelled with your free will – a fact. No lies, no cover-up, no pretention, please. But that's what you atheists are doing against the Creator God, just because He is invisible now and because you think you can get away. God said there will be a pay-day for all your evil stupidity so stop that now. You are hopeless on your own because you sinned. Get a help as you should.

May 26, 2011 at 8:09 am |
    • civiloutside

What your arguments completely fail to recognize is that I don't even believe that god exists. I could no more rebel against god than I could rebel against Voldemort, or Sauron, or Darth Vader. So yes, I judge morality relative to my own understanding, as does everyone else in the world, not because I'm rebelling against god but because we have no other choice. Some use Christian teachings – which are entirely man-made – as the basis for that understanding, but that just means they have accepted that particular standard (though there are thousands upon thousands of different interpretations of what that standard actually is). You don't have an absolute morality, you have a standard you have adopted and choose to view that standard as an absolute definition. It would be the same as if I were to say that the word "measurement" is defined as "the Metric System."

May 26, 2011 at 10:37 am |
    • Adelina

@Civiloutside, you have started out with a pre-conditioned premise that truth is unknowable, but you can know this far. Something is wrong with humanity including yourself, and there is a Book called the Bible on Planet Earth that tells God is the Creator, all humans have sinned, God sent His Savior Jesus so humans can be saved from the outcomes of sinning. You can search out whatever in existence on earth and work your imaginations in every direction but none offers salvation except Jesus. It's either trusting Jesus or self. You have chosen the latter.

May 26, 2011 at 8:34 pm |
    • civiloutside

I have never said that truth is unknowable. Just that I do not believe it is contained in the supernatural claims of the Bible. There's no good reason, really, to believe that it is. As you say, I can know that the Bible exists and what it says, but I *do not* know that much of it is true.

The "salvation" claims doubly so, because the state it's supposed to be saving us from has no evidence for existence outside of the pages of the Bible. If Jesus saves us from god's wrath, but neither god nor his wrath exist, what exactly are we being saved from?

You keep bringing up the flaws in humanity as if I'm unaware of them. I know they exist. There's nothing about saying that I don't believe your god exists that even remotely implies that I think humans are perfect. I do say that we must rely on human understanding to make our way through the world – not because I think we're better than some perfect god, but because I wholeheartedly believe that ourselves and each other are all we have. And as many problems as we have, I don't think such reliance is an entirely hopeless proposition.

May 27, 2011 at 7:49 pm |
  3. Adelina

@LoneZero: I needed to quit blogging yesterday because I had to do something else as well. The reason I don't reply always is either I can't get to the page or have no time to do it. You are so many in number to write me and how can you expect me to keep writing on and on? Shame on you, LoneZero. I love America more than you do. You call me lier but you can't prove it. If you want my reply for sure, be timely and make your comments shorter. Don't waste other people's time with your trash unless you really have something worth to say.

May 26, 2011 at 7:58 am |
  4. Adelina

@The Bobinator: Eternal damnation is not a threat, but the divine verdict of justice. God is holy, perfectly good, all-knowing and far wiser than you. Don't put Him in your level – atheists' worst problem. Guilty criminals with no remourse hate even any hint of justice and they think they own the world – nothing new.

May 26, 2011 at 7:53 am |
  5. Adelina

@The Bobinator: You feel free but in fact you are a slave to your own false imaginations. So it doesn't count. Feeling is unreliable and momentary thing. What you need is objective Truth, being free from dominance of your constantly changable feelings. God created you good, but you corrupted yourself with sin, so you are forever responsible for your own evil. You refuse the Bible from ignorance and denial not from studying it till the end. That was your real problem. Your degree and present vocations are nothing to do with understanding the Bible. Why are atheists so illogical?

May 26, 2011 at 7:48 am |
    • fimeilleur

@Adelina,
      You wrote "God created you good, but you corrupted yourself with sin, so you are forever responsible for your own evil."

I thought we were all born of the original sin? Isn't that the moral of the Genesis fiction?

Have you ever noticed that nobody ever comes to your defence? No one tries to help you convert the "evil Atheists"? Ever wonder why that is? I'll give you a hint... you are delusional. Your book of truths STARTS with a lie or at the very least, a demonstrably false non-evidence based fabricated fable on how the Earth came to being... but then everything else is 100% true, except the parts that contradict each other... like the 4 descriptions of Peter denying Jesus from Luke, Matthew, Mark and John... seems like a pretty important part of the story of the cruciFICTION... shows that Peter was Jesus' favorite and most loyal...

The problem with you claiming that the bible is the absolute truth of God, is that when we point out that "God" made mistakes in writing the bible, we prove that He is an idiot.

June 15, 2011 at 7:23 pm |
  6. Reality

Hopefully, the series will continue the following analyses with respect to bringing the bible to the new generation:

Actually, Jesus was a bit "touched in the head". After all he thought he spoke to Satan, thought he changed water into wine, thought he raised Lazarus from the dead etc. In today's world, said Jesus would be declared legally insane.

Or did P, M, M, L and J simply make him into a first century magic-man via their epistles and gospels of semi-fiction? Most contemporary NT experts after thorough analyses of all the scriptures go with the latter magic-man conclusion with J's gospels being mostly fiction.

Obviously, today's followers of Paul et al's "magic-man" are also a bit on the odd side believing in all the Christian mumbo jumbo about bodies resurrecting, and exorcisms, and miracles, and "magic-man atonement, and infallible, old, European, white men, and 24/7 body/blood sacrifices followed by consumption of said sacrifices. Yummy!!!!

May 26, 2011 at 7:44 am |
  7. Adelina

@Myweightinwords: You need to understand your offense is against God, not just against fellow humans or the creation. (Read Psalms 51) You cannot improve yourself on your own on your sin matter but just face justice at the end if you insist falsehood. You imagine God is unfair because you are unfair and refuse to admit His rightful ownership of your life as the Creator God. In short, you have no fear of God. On the day you realize you have betrayed yourself, come back to Jesus in repentance by admitting the facts about yourself, since you cannot save yourself from your own sin.

May 26, 2011 at 7:38 am |
    • myweightinwords

I have not offended god. Your presumption is that what is Divine can be offended by that which it created. I am who and what I am because I was created this way.

May 26, 2011 at 8:55 am |
    • Adelina

@My-, God did not created your screwed theology. You refused God's Word willfully. You are responsible for your own choice forever. You cannot blame God for your own wrong doings. God sent the Savior for you because you are a sinner but you trusted filthy yourself instead. Take a second look at your own life.

May 26, 2011 at 8:26 pm |
  8. Adelina

My following comments are written on this page(2) because I have difficulty going back to the first page. I hope each recipient gets to read my reply though I may not come back to this news again.

May 26, 2011 at 7:33 am |
  9. DfromWink

If anybody has a problem with this they can go to Egypt and protest this.

May 25, 2011 at 8:46 pm |
    • Adelina

Muslims don't have that much trouble with the Bible. They just need to read it. It's the blaspheming Westerners who are tearing the world apart.

May 26, 2011 at 4:28 am |
  10. RightturnClyde

This is a great idea. I will definitely tune in and the buy the series. I have the Dr. Vernon McGee series and it is incredibly valuable to me. I have listened to a number of radio and TV preachers (when I am diving in the car .. much safer than texting of course). Many of my friends and colleagues will like it. Tonight I am hosting a Christian song circle and reading, I will mention this to them.

May 25, 2011 at 8:16 pm |
  11. Robert Hagedorn

Religious beliefs? Do a search: First Scandal.

May 25, 2011 at 8:09 pm |
  12. Brandon Arkell

Wait a minute, they're calling Biblical stories "history", and then airing them on the History Channel? *Sigh*. So much for education in America.

May 25, 2011 at 7:36 pm |
    • Adelina

Brandon, you must be one of those Americans who believe the Holocause never happened... Yes, let's talk about history.

May 26, 2011 at 4:26 am |
  13. ScottK

If you want a great "Jesus" story parallel thats already been made watch Dragonball. I have watched every episode with my kid and it's esentially the christ tale with a tail. Lot's of morality plays thrown in as well about helping others in need, protecting the weak, not being effected by peer pressure, turning the other cheek and many more. And it's easy to get your kids to watch since it's animated and has plenty of action. Better than anything Mark Burnett will have to offer.

May 25, 2011 at 6:15 pm |
  14. EricKuma

@ The Bobinator
    "Umm, no. Science is discovering things that have not been written.
    Tell me, where does it talk about string theory in the bible?"

I am saying that the Scientific processes uncovers the "secrets" hidden from us in the natural world, and then we exploit them.
    Its all there *we* just havent written about them... yet
    String theory has very little physical evidence.
    Its all mental mathematical masturbation at this point.
    Sorry to say that I think its a very sad thing... I am not going to attack any religious preferance.

"Because they were bright, not because they were religious."
    I am trying to say that the imagined conflict between religion and science is based on fear and ignorance.
    Our ignorance of the natural world is the greatest mystery we have ever been given. imho thats OK.
    Science did not stump their drive for Scientific knowledge.
    Religion should not do that today.
    Its very unnecessary for aethests to do the same.
    Its simply irrelevant.

"So what?"
    Its important to point out to religious zealots that their peers have contributed to Science more than they obviously know.

"Or don't love it or leave it. Say you honestly don't know because there isn't any reasonable evidence to make a conclusion.
    Ie, atheism."

I am not here to confirm or deny your own religious ideas or preferences. That’s up to you.
    Nobody knows for sure. Not even you.

"Please provide a source for this besides your own opinion. How was the universe built?"

In my opinion current physics describes a world made of particles that self assemble themsleves into everything we know.
    Check out the Tao of Physics, its not a new idea.
    Should be right up there with the Elegant Universe in terms of esoteric reading.

Thanks for your kind and fair feedback.

May 25, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
  15. Q

I think this is a great idea! Personally, I'd love to see a "Passion" style realism depicting desperate mothers holding their infants over their heads as the flood waters cover the screaming, choking infants faces just before they drown. Or just like that "Passion" scene when Jesus is scourged, show a bloody and visceral montage of Israelite soldiers tearing Amalekite toddlers and infants from their mothers and running them through with a short sword (or maybe a "Schindler's List" style scene with mothers, children and infants huddled and cowering in a hut which is then set on fire!). Perhaps even more entertaining would be Elisha's she-bears shredding the children who mocked his baldness (probably need some CGI for this). In any case, there's just so much awesome material to chose from to depict the completely consistent, merciful and loving nature of the one true God...

May 25, 2011 at 5:17 pm |
  16. ProChoiceAtheist/Wife2AtheistSteve

Unfortunately there is a huge issue (imo) with a movie like this especially if it is being considered history in any way. The only way the bible is history is in the simple fact that it was written many many many years. This is one Mark Brunet series I will not be watching, more so due to the fact that in most area's in our grand world there is no longer place for religion.
    To slightly correct Adelina, yes we have morals just like you claim to have and yes there countries that are secular:

If you read through that you will see that the USA is considered a secular country. The page clearly explains what they refer to as secular. So whether it be Adelina or not, it is a good read for anyone....quite the eye opener to a point.

So Adelina before you make those as.sumptions a) get to know some Atheists, you may find we're not much different than you and b) do your research outside of the bible.

May 25, 2011 at 4:53 pm |
    • Colin

Dear – Really Long Name. Amatuer mistake, my dear. Ignore Adelina. She is barking mad. So is "HeavenSent".

May 25, 2011 at 4:59 pm |
  17. Reality

Said series should start out with the following:

origin: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20E1EFE35540C7A8CDDAA0894DA404482

New Torah For Modern Minds

"Abraham, the Jewish patriarch, probably never existed. Nor did Moses. The entire Exodus story as recounted in the Bible probably never occurred. The same is true of the tumbling of the walls of Jericho. And David, far from being the fearless king who built Jerusalem into a mighty capital, was more likely a provincial leader whose reputation was later magnified to provide a rallying point for a fledgling nation.

Such startling propositions - the product of findings by archaeologists digging in Israel and its environs over the last 25 years - have gained wide acceptance among non-Orthodox rabbis. But there has been no attempt to disseminate these ideas or to discuss them with the laity - until now.

The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, which represents the 1.5 million Conservative Jews in the United States, has just issued a new Torah and commentary, the first for Conservatives in more than 60 years. Called "Etz Hayim" ("Tree of Life" in Hebrew), it offers an interpretation that incorporates the latest findings from archaeology, philology, anthropology and the study of ancient cultures. To the editors who worked on the book, it represents one of the boldest efforts ever to introduce into the religious mainstream a view of the Bible as a human rather than divine doc-ument."

"The notion that the Bible is not literally true "is more or less settled and understood among most Conservative rabbis," observed David Wolpe, a rabbi at Sinai Temple in Los Angeles and a contributor to "Etz Hayim." But some congregants, he said, "may not like the stark airing of it." Last Passover, in a sermon to 2,200 congregants at his synagogue, Rabbi Wolpe frankly said that "virtually every modern archaeologist" agrees "that the way the Bible describes the Exodus is not the way that it happened, if it happened at all." The rabbi offered what he called a "litany of disillusion" about the narrative, including contradictions, improbabilities, chronological lapses and the absence of corroborating evidence. In fact, he said, archaeologists digging in the Sinai have "found no trace of the tribes of Israel - not one shard of pottery."

May 25, 2011 at 4:52 pm |
  18. EricKuma

Even then the crazies will find something else to obsess over.
    Science is only discovering what has already been written.
    Science has been promoted by People of Religion for Centuries.
    Some of the most profound scientific ideas come from people of religion.
    So give it up for the Grand Master Artist. GOD. Love it or leave it.
    Just leave me out of the Crazy lies spread by insecure people.

May 25, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
    • The Bobinator

> We are going to have to listen to crazy stuff like this for the next 18 months, until 2013. Even then the crazies will find something else to obsess over.

And beyond that to be sure. There will always be crazy people.

> It’s always the end of the world for them and why not? They are crazy... it’s ok for them.

Yep.

> To the best of our knowledge the Universe is about 14 Billion years old and the Earth is about 4 Billion.

Ok and?

> Evolution is God's mechanics and 4 Billion years is plenty of time to get it right here on Earth.

Do you have anything to back this up? Or are you saying God as some sort of metaphor?

> Science is only discovering what has already been written.

Umm, no. Science is discovering things that have not been written. Tell me, where does it talk about string theory in the bible?

> Science has been promoted by People of Religion for Centuries.

So what?

> Some of the most profound scientific ideas come from people of religion.

Because they were bright, not because they were religious.

> Everything is physics describes the Universe as a being built to come together and promote life the way we know it.

> So give it up for the Grand Master Artist. GOD. Love it or leave it.

Or don't love it or leave it. Say you honestly don't know because there isn't any reasonable evidence to make a conclusion. Ie, atheism.

> Just leave me out of the Crazy lies spread by insecure people.

I agree. Less religious lies.

May 25, 2011 at 3:55 pm |
    • Q

I was with generally with you right up to, "Everything is physics describes the Universe as a being built to come together and promote life the way we know it." I would offer that this is an unsupported teleological claim. A simple, and I offer more probable based on the evidence, alternative is that physics describes the universe and life arose within the constraints of its physical laws. One doesn't look at a pothole and presume it was "designed" to hold a specific volume of water.

May 26, 2011 at 1:58 am |
  19. JohnR

Steve, if you are going to try for "funny", you're gonna need a humor implant!

May 25, 2011 at 2:53 pm |
    • Steve (the real one)

Understood. Just don't taz me bro!

How was that?

May 25, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
    • John Richardson

Steve! Better! Much better! 😀

May 25, 2011 at 7:14 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Steve(the real one)

LOL...!! 🙂 Pretty good pal.

Peace...

May 25, 2011 at 7:46 pm |
    • Steve (the real one)

@John Richardson
      Steve! Better! Much better

@Peace2all
      LOL...!! Pretty good pal.
      -----–
      Yet I have no compelling urge to quit my day job! Perhaps that's a good thing! Thanks again!

May 26, 2011 at 9:46 am |
  20. Iaintbuyingit

@ADELINA-SEE, this is what I mean. You and people like you want to put on the shoulders of Americans the cares of the world that YOU LIVE IN TOO. Whichever country you live in, if not the U.S., you must understand that all these freedoms come at a price. Americans are still fighting for them and ANY COUNTRY THAT WANTS TO HAVE THEM WITHIN THEIR OWN BORDERS WILL HAVE TO GET ON THE GLOBAL PLAYING FIELD AND BECOME AS CORRUPT AND SELFISH AS AMERICA. THIS IS NOT SOME SORT OF GAME, THIS IS ABOUT SURVIVAL, POWER, MONEY AND CONTROL. AND THE SOONER YOU ACCEPT THIS, REGARDLESS OF YOUR RELIGOUS BELIEFS THE BETTER YOU WILL BE. ALL POLITICIANS AND GOVERNMENTS ARE CORRUPT. DONT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT. JEEZZZ! GROW UP!!! HOW CAN I SAY THAT, BECAUSE THEY ARE COMPRISED OF SELFISH, EVIL, GREEDY HUMAN BEINGS WHO ARE DIRECT DESCENDANTS OF THOSE MANY, MANY COUNTRIES THAT ARE IN OUR HISTORY BOOKS AND BIBLES.

May 25, 2011 at 2:22 pm |
    • Adelina

@Laint-, you are only half-right. Other nations are not that fortunate like USA in its foundation and upbringing. I'm not blaming America for anything. I just want my beloved nation to continue to thrive with good morality, and just expressing a perspective you've been oppressing in recent years.

May 25, 2011 at 2:30 pm |
    • Iaintbuyingit

@aDELINA, I get what you are saying but you have a responsibility to participate if you are not, in making sure those unfortunate countries are taken care of by America and other countries that tout the same beliefs as much as possible. That is what the political process is about in some small way. Good morality is voting against those things that you believe offend the intention of the 613 mitzvots on how human beings are suppose to live worship God and treat each other. Yes, it does start with YOU AND ME and those like us. Forget these clowns and their hatred of the TRUTH. Their beliefs are not falling on deaf ears either. This is just my belief and I get discouraged at the reality of the world but God knew this and that is why we have Him to look to and believe in. Man is incapable of what needs to be done without the intervention of God. Else we would still be living in the Garden.

May 25, 2011 at 2:38 pm |
    • Adelina

@Laint-, I promise I will do what I can do. I trust Jesus to make me true, not myself, to give myself to be a help to USA in anyway I can. Mankind including Americans needs Jesus, the Divine Savior. I'm giving my comments to Americans because only Americans seem to come here.

May 25, 2011 at 2:52 pm |