home
RSS
Sarah Palin e-mail message written as though from God
Sarah Palin in Philadelphia last month.
June 15th, 2011

Sarah Palin e-mail message written as though from God

By Dan Gilgoff, CNN.com Religion Editor

(CNN) - Among the 24,000 pages of e-mail from former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin released on Friday, one message stands out for its signature line. It's signed by the "Creator" and "Your Heavenly Father." In other words, God.

Palin sent the e-mail to family and friends in April 2008 in anticipation of the birth of her and her husband Todd's fifth child, Trig. Palin knew her son would have Down syndrome, and the e-mail is a meditation on that knowledge and on how others should view him in light of the diagnosis.

"I am blessing you with this surprise baby because I only want the best for you," the e-mail message begins. "I've heard your prayers that this baby will be happy and healthy, and I've answered them because I only want the best for you!"

Palin included most of the e-mail in her 2009 book Going Rogue.

"In my research on Down syndrome, I learned that these special kids most often bring joy into their family’s lives," she wrote in that book, explaning her decision to pen a note in the voice of God. "While they had developmental challenges, they were also affectionate, generous, and cheerful. Rather than focus on what could be perceived as negative, I wanted our loved ones to focus on the fact that this baby, every baby, has purpose, and that not only would he learn from us, but we would learn from him."

"I decided to write the letter as though it were from Trig’s Creator, the same Creator in whom I had put my trust more than thirty years before," she continued in Going Rogue. "I hoped that even though this new baby would present challenges, we’d trust that God knew best, that He didn’t make mistakes."

The e-mail message released last week includes lines that Palin edited out of her book.

For instance, Palin - channeling the voice of God - wrote in her message that a Down syndrome child will make family and friends rethink traditional notions of perfection. The e-mail released last week includes subsequent lines that were edited out of Going Rogue:

But tell me what do you earthlings consider "perfect" or even "normal" anyway? Have you peeked down any grocery store aisle, or school hallway, or into your office lunchroom lately? Or considered the odd celebrities you celebrate as "perfect" on t.v.? Have you noticed I make 'em all shapes and sizes? Believe me, there is no "perfect"!

The full e-mail message is below. What do you think of the idea of penning a note from God? Let us know in comments.

Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 14:17:11
To:gov.sarah@yahoo.com
Cc:gov.palin@yahoo.com
Subject: Baby

To the Sisters, Brother, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and Friends of Trig Paxson Van Palin (or whatever you end up naming him!) :

I am blessing you with this surprise baby because I only want the best for you. I've heard your prayers that this baby will be happy and healthy, and I've answered them because I only want the best for you!

I heard your heart when you hinted that another boy would fit best in the Palin family, to round it out and complete that starting five line-up. Though another girl would be so nice, you didn't think you could ask for what you REALLY wanted, but I knew, so I gave you a boy because I only want the best for you!

Then, I put the idea in your hearts that his name should be "Trig", because it's so fitting, with two Norse meanings: "True" and "Brave Victory". You also have a Bristol Bay relative with that name, so I knew it would be best for you!

Then, I let Trig's mom have an exceptionally comfortable pregnancy so she could enjoy every minute of it, and I even seemed to rush it along so she could wait until near the end to surprise you with the news – that way Piper wouldn't have so long to wait and count down so many days – just like Christmastime when you have to wait, impatiently, for that special day to finally open your gift? (Or the way the Palins look forward to birthday celebrations that go on for three, four days... you all really like cake.) I know you, I knew you'd be better off with just a short time to wait!

Then, finally, I let Trig's mom and dad find out before he was born that this little boy will truly be a GIFT. They were told in early tests that Trig may provide more challenges, and more joy, than what they ever may have imagined or ever asked for. At first the news seemed unreal and sad and confusing. But I gave Trig's mom and dad lots of time to think about it because they needed lots of time to understand that everything will be OK, in fact, everything will be great, because I only want the best for you!

I've given Trig's mom and dad peace and joy as they wait to meet their new son. I gave them a happy anticipation because they asked me for that. I'll give all of you the same happy anticipation and strength to deal with Trig's challenges, but I won't impose on you...

I just need to know you want to receive my offer to be with all of you and help you everyday to make Trig's life a great one.

This new person in your life can help everyone put things in perspective and bind us together and get everyone focused on what really matters.

The baby will expand your world and let you see and feel things you haven't experienced yet. He'll show you what "true, brave victory" really means as those who love him will think less about self and focus less on what the world tells you is "normal" or "perfect". You will grow and be blessed with greater understanding that will be born along with Trig.

Trig will be his dad's little buddy and he'll wear Carhartts while he learns to tinker in the garage. He'll love to be read to, he'll want to play goalie, and he'll steal his mom's heart just like Track, Bristol, Willow and Piper did. And Trig will be the cuddly, innocent, mischievous, dependent little brother that his siblings have been waiting for...in fact Trig will – in some diagnostic ways – always be a mischievous, dependent little brother, because I created him a bit different than a lot of babies born into this world today.

Every child is created special, with awesome purpose and amazing potential. Children are the most precious and promising ingredient in this mixed up world you live in down there on earth. Trig is no different, except he has one extra chromosome. Doctors call it "Down's Syndrome", and Downs kids have challenges, but can bring you much delight and more love than you can ever imagine! Just wait and see, let me prove this, because I only want the best for you!

Trig's mom and dad don't want people to focus on the baby's extra chromosome. They're human, so they haven't known how to explain this to people who are so caring and are interested in this new little Alaskan. Sarah and Todd want people to share in the joy of this gift I'm giving to the Palin family, and the greater Alaska family. Many people won't understand... and I understand that. Some will think Trig should not be allowed to be born because they fear a Downs child won't be considered "perfect" in your world. (But tell me, what do you earthlings consider "perfect" or even "normal" anyway? Have you peeked down any grocery store isle, or school hallway, or into your office lunchroom lately? Or considered the odd celebrities you celebrate as "perfect" on t.v.? Have you noticed I make 'em all shapes and sizes? Believe me, there is no "perfect"!)

Many people will express sympathy, but you don't want or need that, because Trig will be a joy. You will have to trust me on this.

I know it will take time to grasp this and come to accept that I only want the best for you, and I only give my best. Remember though: "My ways are not your ways, my thoughts are not your thoughts... for as the heavens are higher than the earth, my ways are higher than yours!"

I wrote that all down for you in the Good Book! Look it up! You claim that you believe me – now it's time to live out that belief!

Please look to me as this new challenge and chapter of life unfolds in front of you. I promise to equip you. I won't give you anything you can't handle. I am answering your prayers. Trig can't wait to meet you. I'm giving you ONLY THE BEST!

Love,
Trig's Creator, Your Heavenly Father

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Politics • Sarah Palin • Uncategorized

soundoff (2,030 Responses)
  1. Sarah

And, in other news, Barack is still pro-abortion and supports the murdering of babies. But let's not focus on that.

June 15, 2011 at 4:47 pm |
    • Sara

Oh Puh-lease.

June 15, 2011 at 4:50 pm |
    • David, CA

You need your head examined. Sad that you probably think what you said is true.

June 15, 2011 at 4:52 pm |
    • Greg

God kills 60% of all embryos before they even start to develop. How sad 🙁 But let's not focus on that.

June 15, 2011 at 4:52 pm |
    • Tip

I think he's actually pro-choice and not pro-abortion. And of course he doesn't support the murdering of anyone, much less babies. Quit trying to make this about your extremist anti-abortion platform. This is about Sarah Palin's email, not your personal problem. Get it?

June 15, 2011 at 4:53 pm |
    • Paul

I'm sure you're the same guy that moans about people collecting welfare, food stamps, crime, and any public assistance. Maybe it shouldn't be your choice in someone elses problem.

June 15, 2011 at 4:53 pm |
    • Nate (Seattle, WA)

Abortion doesn't kill "babies". Babies are little human beings that have been born, and are thus separate individuals. Abortion is performed before babies are ever born, and are not separate human beings. They do not eat food, they do not breathe air, they do not see (regardless of whether they may someday have normal eyes or not). Until they are 6 months past conception, the level of brain activity in a fetus is technically equivalent to being brain-dead (there's actually a medical criterion for being brain-dead, and it's measurable) They are called "fetuses". There's a reason for the different terminology.

Save your phony righteousness. There is no justification for considering a fetus to be an individual human being, other than religious doctrine. We try very hard not to turn religious doctrine into law in our society, and in general, that has served us quite well.

June 15, 2011 at 4:56 pm |
    • Tj

Sarah is right. You think God kills babies? think again. America is surely dumbing down worse then i thought.

June 15, 2011 at 4:57 pm |
  2. jackie

I am not a fan of Sarah Palin's. I do not believe she is qualified to be U.S. President, nor do I agree at all with her politics. But this email to her family about the impending birth of her Down syndrome baby is tender, kind, loving and lovely. What is wrong with her writing in the person of Trig's creator? Songs and poetry have been written for centuries from the perspective of God's messages to us humans. It's one of the ways we connect to God. It doesn't mean at all that she thinks she IS God. Come on.

June 15, 2011 at 4:45 pm |
    • Eric

Bravo. To quote Sarah Palin, your analysis of her note is "Spot On".

June 15, 2011 at 4:53 pm |
    • Tj

Hmm, I guess Obama was qualified to be president right? If so then anyone in the world can be president of the US.

June 15, 2011 at 4:56 pm |
  3. Heather

OMG what a freaking nutcase! God (no pun intended), how narcissistic! This woman is the one whose supposed to have alllllllll the answers our current and former administrations did not? What? Because she channels "god" ay vey..and people wonder why I'm atheist!

June 15, 2011 at 4:45 pm |
    • Donald

I would never vote for Palin as GOP nomineee, but you're mean. This email is mean to encourage her family, herself and her child. Stop snooping, hating, and mind your own life.

June 15, 2011 at 4:48 pm |
    • Tori

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

June 15, 2011 at 4:56 pm |
    • Tori

(sorry that's not clear with the other comment... I was agreeing with Heather)

June 15, 2011 at 4:57 pm |
    • Miss M

Heather dear you're an atheist because you're just plain ignorant. As it says in Sarah Palin's email ... there's nothing perfect here... God help you! Talk about missing the point!

June 15, 2011 at 5:05 pm |
    • patscondition

"channeling god" was the authors words, not Sarahs. I'm not a christian myself but I understand the fact that people choose to find their own encouragement in many places. Sarah got her encourage for the unfortunate situation from "god". Not too uncommon for people. As far as her choice in "message style" – a bit odd, but poetic. Interesting way to encourage her family and friends. I don't however think she was insinuating she was a "prophet".

June 15, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
    • Sarah

I certainly would not consider myself a Palin fan, but this is clearly a heartfelt letter iintended to create joy in a difficult situation. If the little church lady down the street had written this, we'd take it for what it is: a letter conveying themes about finding beauty in differences and accepting others. The headline for this is misleading and intended to stir controversy. Palin is all too good at created controversy on her own, so take some pride in your reporting and report on the important, not the petty, things.

June 15, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • Doesn't matter

Do not expect non-Christians to understand. They do not have ears to hear.

June 15, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
    • HeavenSent

"Do not expect non-Christians to understand. They do not have ears to hear."

It's the Christians who have cold hearts without Christ's love that have lost their ability to hear the truth.

June 15, 2011 at 5:37 pm |
  4. The all potent one

Must be sad to be a dem who can only gain satisfaction by going through a 3 year old email from someone who isn't even relative at this point. What is really going to be gained from this? Will you feel better about the mistake you made in voting for Obummer by slinging more mud on Palin?

June 15, 2011 at 4:44 pm |
    • Paul

Number 1, it's not the only satisfaction, and number 2, she wants to stay in the public eye, she's fair game. Just like Obama is to you.

June 15, 2011 at 4:49 pm |
    • David, CA

Lot of whacked out assumptions you packed into that Impotent One.

June 15, 2011 at 4:53 pm |
  5. Ryan

Excellent email. To me it shows that she has unconditional love for her family, unending faith in her religion and God, and that she is strong & confident enough to happy with herself and her family no matter what any of us or anyone else thinks. Many people commenting here can only wish to have that self confidence!

June 15, 2011 at 4:44 pm |
    • Sean

“Many people commenting here can only wish to have that self confidence!”

Self confidence or delusion?

Taken with all her other wonderful media moments, I’m going with delusional.

June 15, 2011 at 5:21 pm |
  6. Christina

It's interesting that she states "God makes no mistakes," when she obviously believes gay people (whom science shows were "born that way") are mistakes.

June 15, 2011 at 4:44 pm |
    • Tj

of course science is never wrong. Can you say global warming? LOL stupid American

June 15, 2011 at 4:49 pm |
    • JJ

To Tj: You are a complete idiot.

June 15, 2011 at 5:20 pm |
    • Sean

Agreed JJ

June 15, 2011 at 5:22 pm |
  7. Joe Burton

The mayor of Wasilla is beyond redemption.

June 15, 2011 at 4:43 pm |
    • marcus

amen bro !

June 15, 2011 at 4:49 pm |
    • Tj

LoL, Do you mean Palin as Mayor. She is not mayor. what's wrong with you people?

June 15, 2011 at 4:51 pm |
  8. GOPisGreedOverPeople

Religious right. That's an oxymoron. Everyone knows that republicans don't believe in the teachings of Jesus. You know....the part about feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, sheltering the homeless, assisting the elderly, giving to the poor, and taking care of the Earth.

June 15, 2011 at 4:43 pm |
  9. PaperHat

I hope she's the Republican candidate for President. She'll lose in a landslide, hopefully making the media ignore her once and for all. This entire article was just silly and worthless – and yes, I know I didn't have to read it.

June 15, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
  10. RU There Sarah? It's Me God

To Sarah Palin:

I blessed you with this surprise baby because I only want the best for you. I’ve heard your prayers that this baby will be happy and healthy, and I’ve answered them because I only want the best for you!.... So why did you risk his life by not getting to a hospital as soon as you realized your amniotic fluid was leaking?

I heard your heart when you hinted that another boy would fit best in the Palin family, to round it out and complete that starting five line-up. Though another girl would be so nice, you didn’t think you could ask for what you REALLY wanted, but I knew, so I gave you a boy because I only want the best for you! .....So why did you go ahead and give that speech and bypass Baylor hospital, a Seattle hospital and Providence hospital in Anchorage to get on an airplane back to Alaska risking his life and yours as well as the other passengers on the flight?

Then, I put the idea in your hearts that his name should be “Trig”, because it’s so fitting, with two Norse meanings: “True” and “Brave Victory”. You also have a Bristol Bay relative with that name, so I knew it would be best for you! .....I didn't put it in your heart to name him after his condition, Tri-G , another name for the baby's condition, Trisomy 21. I know you don't believe in coincidences and all your kids names have personal meaning to you, but it was beyond reprehensible to name him after his condition.

Then, I let Trig’s mom have an exceptionally comfortable pregnancy so she could enjoy every minute of it, and I even seemed to rush it along so she could wait until near the end to surprise you with the news – that way Piper wouldn’t have so long to wait and count down so many days – just like Christmastime when you have to wait, impatiently, for that special day to finally open your gift? (Or the way the Palins look forward to birthday celebrations that go on for three, four days… you all really like cake .) I know you, I knew you’d be better off with just a short time to wait! ...... Since I shortened the wait time and allowed you to enjoy the pregnancy, why didn't you take the time to enjoy the child, my gift to you? Instead you were on your blackberry less than 2 hours after his birth. You took no maternity leave to get to know him and bond and care for him and to enjoy his first days in your life. Why have you now relegated his care to nannies and family members?

Then, finally, I let Trig’s mom and dad find out before he was born that this little boy will truly be a GIFT. They were told in early tests that Trig may provide more challenges, and more joy, than what they ever may have imagined or ever asked for. At first the news seemed unreal and sad and confusing . But I gave Trig’ s mom and dad lots of time to think about it because they needed lots of time to understand that everything will be OK, in fact, everything will be great, because I only want the best for you! .......I let you know early to prepare you, yet you were still unprepared. Rather than educating yourself about his therapies, you have passed off those duties to others. Nannie can care for children, but they can't raise them. I gave you this child to care for for a lifetime, not just for photo ops and soundbites.

I‘ve given Trig’s mom and dad peace and joy as they wait to meet their new son. I gave them a happy anticipation because they asked me for that. I‘ll give all of you the same happy anticipation and strength to deal with Trig’s challenges, but I won’t impose on you… What happened to that peace and joy? What happened to the strength I gave you to deal with Trig's challenges? Rather than taking on those challenges, you've passed Trig and his many needs onto family members and nannies while you go off to make money and seek fame. The love of this child and not money or fame is what I teach. A lesson you haven't learned.

I just need to know you want to receive my offer to be with all of you and help you everyday to make Trig’s life a great one.... I 've been there everyday for Trig to ensure that his life is a good one. Even when you weren't.

This new person in your life can help everyone put things in perspective and bind us together and get everyone focused on what really matters . The baby will expand your world and let you see and feel things you haven’t experienced yet. He’ll show you what “true, brave victory“ really means as those who love him will think less about self and focus less on what the world tells you is ”normal“ or ”perfect”. You will grow and be blessed with greater understanding that will be born along with Trig...I'm disappointed that my gift of Trig wasn't able to give you perspective. While he brought you all together briefly, your ambitions have torn apart the family I wanted to strengthen. I wanted you to see what was important in life, your family, your children, but instead you have turned your back on them. You are always on your blackberry, you travel frequently, sometimes dragging them along. Piper just wanted a vacation. Instead she got a 3 ring circus. For once I was thankful that you left Trig at home.

Trig will be his dad‘s little buddy and he’ll wear Carhartts while he learns to tinker in the garage. He’ll love to be read to, he’ll want to play goalie, and he‘ll steal his mom’s heart just like Track, Bristol, Willow and Piper did. And Trig will be the cuddly, innocent, mischievous, dependent little brother that his siblings have been waiting for in fact Trig will – in some diagnostic ways – always be a mischievous, dependent little brother, because I created him a bit different than a lot of babies born into this world today. ….Has he stolen your heart? Then why do you use him as a political prop? Why haven't you done more for others with his condition? You have a voice. Why haven't you used it to bring his condition to the people and to educate them on all that he can do? I've given you wealth beyond your dreams and yet you don't share it with the most vulnerable.

Every child is created special, with awesome purpose and amazing potential. Children are the most precious and promising ingredient in this mixed up world you live in down there on earth. Trig is no different, except he has one extra chromosome. Doctors call it “Down’s Syndrome”, and Downs kids have challenges, but can bring you much delight and more love than you can ever imagine! Just wait and see, let me prove this, because I only want the best for you! ...I've proved all of these things to you. Have you noticed? Have you been there to see those precious moments and triumphs? Or do you get updates on your blackberry?

Some of the rest of the world may not want him, but take comfort in that because the world will not compete for him. Take care of him and he will always be yours! ….While some in the world may not want him, do you want him? Your actions show that you want him when he is beneficial to you, your career and your message, but in the quiet moments when he needs you, are you there? He will always be yours, but when will you be his?

Trig‘s mom and dad don’t want people to focus on the baby’s extra chromosome. They’re human, so they haven’t known how to explain this to people who are so caring and are interested in this new little Alaskan. Sarah and Todd want people to share in the joy of this gift I’m giving to the Palin family, and the greater Alaska family. Many people won’t understand… and I understand that. Some will think Trig should not be allowed to be born because they fear a Downs child won’t be considered “perfect” in your world. (But tell me, what do you earthlings consider “perfect” or even “normal” anyway? Have you peeked down any grocery store isle, or school hallway, or into your office lunchroom lately? Or considered the odd celebrities you celebrate as “perfect” on t.v.? Have you noticed I make `em all shapes and sizes? Believe me ,, there is no “perfect”!)... I wish you would have passed this lesson on to Bristol. She was always beautiful in my eyes and she should never have changed the face I gave her. No, Trig is not perfect, but he is deserving of your love and your time and attention. Even when he is acting out or not "photo ready".

Many people will express sympathy, but you don’t want or need that, because Trig will be a joy. You will have to trust me on this. ... Trig has been a joy to those who know him best. Have you felt that joy? Did you feel that joy when you took him on the book tour and woke him up to show him to your fans in VA with no pants or shoes in 40 degree whether? Do you feel that same joy when it's just you and Trig alone or do you need the crowds to feel the joy he can bring?

I know it will take time to grasp this and come to accept that I only want the best for you, and I only give my best. Remember though: “My ways are not your ways, my thoughts are not your thoughts… for as the heavens are higher than the earth, my ways are higher than yours!”...You've had time to grasp and accept that I only want the best for you. I gave you Trig to tell you to slow down and enjoy life and instead you sped up and spun out of control. I know better than you and the best thing for you to do is put your ambitions aside and take the wealth I've given you and bring your family back together, become a real and constant part of Trig's life and learn what is really important.

I wrote that all down for you in the Good Book ! Look it up! You claim that you believe me – now it’s time to live out that belief!.. Reread the good book and start living out that belief. Put your voice to work fighting for children with Down's Syndrome, not the Presidency. It's not your time. I've closed that door.

Please look to me as this new challenge and chapter of life unfolds in front of you. I promise to equip you. I won‘t give you anything you can’t handle. I am answering your prayers. Trig can’t wait to meet you. I’m giving you ONLY THE BEST! ...I gave you the best and it's time for you to give him your best. Put down the blackberries, put down the microphone and the TV camera and find the joy in the gift I gave you. I'm opening the door to Trig's heart to give you a 2nd chance, but it will only be open for a limited time. You asked me to not let you miss an open door, so don't miss it.

Love,
    Trig’s Creator , Your Heavenly Father

June 15, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
  11. Rick

R E T A R D

June 15, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
    • Lame Defender

Has anyone besides me noticed that SP gets so upset about the use of "retard" but constantly uses "LAME- stream media" as an insult? As someone who limps, I could find it offensive; however, remembering that it is SP, I merely chalk it up to hypocrisy and ignorance. She's so lame.

June 15, 2011 at 4:50 pm |
  12. Joanna

creepy!!!

June 15, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
  13. Tri-G - Trisomy G

this letter was her resume "cover letter" for the vp position. nothing more. if she was still a "housewife in wasilla" this letter would have never been written. then again, she wouldn't have faked a pregnancy, either. look at all the people commenting here who are fooled by this. "oh how sweet" please this was for the fundie vote – the fundies were not going to support mccain, so he needed someone else on the ticket to get their votes. suckers.

June 15, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
  14. Jack Bini

I am a liberal. But I know this practise to be very common among evangelicals especially pentecostals and not unique to Sarah Palin. Lets recognise Palin's right to whatever religious beliefs and practise that pleases her. lets focus on the issues.

June 15, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
    • Alverant

If it weren't for the fact she wants to make some of her religious views law, then I would agree. But as long as she's trying to pervert history and America, then her cult beliefs are important.

June 15, 2011 at 4:44 pm |
  15. Mary

If God knew best and did not make mistakes, then OBAMA was put there by God and is in no way a mistake!

June 15, 2011 at 4:40 pm |
  16. HolyMoney

There is no absolute clinical cure for narcissism or for the mindless sheep that think that this this mental illness is worth revering.
    It's hard to believe that we call Palin groupies Americans too!

June 15, 2011 at 4:40 pm |
  17. Jenn

I think that we all can hear God's voice to us, particularly at significant times in our lives. If she so chose to pen them out to her family as they seem to come to her heart why fault her for it? If they are words of comfort she chose to share as if from God why does it matter to us? Perhaps we need to focus more on the intent than the way she did it. It would seem she wrote this as she felt God would say it.

June 15, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
    • Alverant

It's in fascinating how often the voice of God supports a believer's own prejudices and agendas?

June 15, 2011 at 4:46 pm |
    • Jenn

Maybe sometimes He wants to support us trying life out, making choices, etc. But the argument isn't really about if God supports her or not though is it? It was just her sharing what she felt, and what she felt God would say.

June 15, 2011 at 4:50 pm |
  18. Dyanisme

Seriously, this isn't inspirational....... it's nuts. She didn't receive the email; she sent it AND wrote it as if she could speak for God.

June 15, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
  19. Mattio

Few things are as entertaining as reading the nuts on CNN freak out about an article about Palin. ... thanks! Back to work....

June 15, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
  20. .Tom A

I'm no fan of Sarah Palin, but this e-mail should not be part of any argument against her. And seriously, if your atheism makes you so blindly rigid and patronize, and you can't see the pragmatic positive benefits of religion in the Palins dealing with a family challenge, then you are hopelessly lost in a sea of Dogma

June 15, 2011 at 4:39 pm |