home
RSS
Your Take: Comments on evangelizing Weiner
June 15th, 2011

Your Take: Comments on evangelizing Weiner

Tuesday's post about one of the nation's leading evangelicals encouraging scandalized U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner, who is Jewish, to try Jesus instead of therapy garnered upward of 900 comments.

Some commenters defended the evangelical leader in question, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary President Albert Mohler:

lindsbry
Nothing wrong with what the evangelist guy said ... People – he's an evangelist!!

mikey
If you didn't already know, Christianity comes from Jewish roots. SO what if he tries to speak to a Jewish man about Christ, it is for the Jew first then for the Greek (Gentiles) ... Jesus is the only way.

Others said that Mohler was out of line:

Lila
Weiner needs therapy or some kind or counseling ... Not religion. Certainly not someone else's religion. Absurd!

copanut
It's typical of the pathological thinking that infests so many Christians. It's all about guilt, self-loathing, and arrogant assumptions. The guilt and self-loathing is expressed in forms such as "He, like all human beings, is a sinner". There is just this wide-open assumption that there is such a thing as "sin" and that everyone is guilty. The arrogance is revealed in the breathtaking statement that the only solution to this affliction is "atonement" via "Jesus". Where do people get that gall to make such statements? Where do they get the nerve to assume that their personal psychological experience somehow invalidates all others? Weiner is sickening, but people like Mohler are worse. Far worse.

And, as per usual, many used the story to riff on religion generally and related subjects:

Doc Vestibule
Therapy, Jesus, Prozac, Television, Marijuana, etc. ad nauseam.
The United States has a lot of options for distraction and anesthetization to keep the citizenry complacent.

Jon
I love this fascination with sin. If God created man in his own image then why didn't he create man with the ability to not sin? No, not only did he know that Man was going to sin he did nothing to stop it and punished Man anyway. Now THAT is a loving God!

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Christianity • Comments • Judaism • Politics

1. Justina

@Jason, why are you angry? Stop blaming others for all the ills in your life and take responsibility of your own life like a man. Winning an argumant is nothing. If you don't hold onto the Truth, you are a loser for eternity. Stop pretending to be a Muslim. You are practically a religion-haters. Muslims have better respect for the Bible than you do.

June 16, 2011 at 7:04 am |
    • Jason

I have not once claimed to hate the Bible... Please go read my posts. There are certain things in the Bible that are forged, written by anonymous sources and unverifiable, and corrupted. This is the same viewpoint held by most Muslims. I have great respect for the Bible and for Prophet Jesus(pbuh). However, I don't view him as the son of God, nor do I feel he died for my sins.

The bible consists of around 30 books (depending on denomination), yet there are 24,000 or so Judeo-Christian manuscripts from that time, and no christian follows these other manuscripts. It's for these reasons that I feel Christians, and the Bible have it wrong. You keep telling me "You're a bad Muslim" and "Your filthy self", well, ma'am, you're an even worse Christian. I attempted to be nice to you in a previous thread and only got more of your "You're evil" "You're Filthy" etc etc. All being nice to you got me was someone who didn't keep responding, never answered my points/questions, and only responded with hate. Hence, my harsh words from early this morning. I will answer to God, and God alone, and nothing you say will make me worship a man. So quit trying.

Also please, for the last time, please educate yourself, you claim to be a Historian and Theologian, yet you don't read anyone's beliefs that may be contrary to your own. You have no thirst for knowledge, and it shows in your unwillingness to debate and reply to the point that others are trying to make. The only time you've ever responded with dignity is when someone else replied and agreed with you. God does not like conceit, vanity, hatred, and ignorance, and ma'am, you have a large dose of all 4 resting inside of you.

June 16, 2011 at 1:34 pm |
    • Justina

@Jason, as I said, you are a typical of American atheist. You imagine up person/s and personally attack them. Now I can write you back since you have a better con-tent in your writing. You are wrong. God does not allow His Word to be changed by man. The Holy Bible is too perfect, profound, deep, com-plex and vitally in-flu-ential to human souls for the Muslim non-sense to be true. I don't hate you but care for you and pray for you. I simply pointed out humanity's sin nature to you, but you can't stand the fact. The Word of God declares Jesus to be God; when you reject it you are rejecting God's Truth. I'm not a scholar but a housewife and an artist but you guys know nothing about the Bible. Stop pretending knowing stuff that you have no idea about. Be more humble in the area you did not major. Rather, ask for help. Your warped att-itude made you reject Jesus.

June 16, 2011 at 8:38 pm |

Justina,

I'd like to know where I "Imagine" persons, whom I attack.

Next off, as I've said quite a few times to you, and as you point out further in this post, I am Muslim, and by definition I cannot be Athiest. Please, grab a copy of Websters, or google search "Definition Athiest". I believe in God, with no others before him. You believe in God, with Jesus as either God incarnate, or as his Equal (Different sects/denominations believe different things), if it's the latter, you're a pagan. If it's the former, then may Allah have mercy on your soul for believing falsely.

As for God not allowing his word to be changed, this is incorrect. People must not allow his word to be changed. They must preserve it and copy it word for word with no changes. This is the responsibility that was given to the Jews, and which they failed at, and then to the Christians, which they too failed at. Now it's the promise of the Muslims that they will never change and always preserve the true word of God, also know as The Noble Qur'an. So far so good, as you can freely see Arabic Manuscripts from the 7th and 8th century AD and see that the only thing added were vowels so that Non-native Arabic speakers could read it more easily. I ask you, go to Vatican City, the keeper of all Christian texts, and ask them to see the oldest known manuscripts of the Apostles. You'll get told no, flat out.

As for the last bit, "The area I did not major" I am curious. How do you know what I majored in? Do you know my real name and could you have gotten my transcripts that quickly? You don't know me lady, and apparently you don't know yourself, or your bible well. If the Holy Bible is the true and absolute word of god, and you believe this, you cannot throw out some of the rules because you disagree with them. For instance, are you going to stone your children to death for talking back to you? Are you going to tell your husband he needs to stay away from you while you're on your period? Are you going to say it's ok to sell your own daughter into slavery? These are all in the Bible. In fact, eating of pork and drinking of wine is also prohibited by the Bible, are you going to stop these as well?

I ask you again, if you're going to continue to post with your hatred, conceit, vanity, and ignorance, please, go learn some things about your own religion first. Make this debate more of a challenge for me, I like challenges, and I promise I will be more receptive to you once you stop calling everyone "Filthy".

June 16, 2011 at 10:11 pm |
  2. Justina

@Jason: Real Muslims are nicer than you, Jason. Sorry, but you sound like a typical American Hindu... Calling women "bit.ch" get you to hell accrording to Islam.

June 16, 2011 at 6:56 am |
    • Jason

Why don't you try reading my reply to FairGarden, and then come back and try again...

June 16, 2011 at 7:01 am |
    • Alexander the Kind-Of-Good

Justina IS FairGarden. She thinks that shifting names hides her, but her vicious insanity is obvious in every post.

June 16, 2011 at 3:52 pm |
    • Jason

Alex, I realize that, I probably should have clarified though with "Read my reply to your other screename/alias and try again" But I was up all night and ready for bed at that point.

June 16, 2011 at 7:11 pm |
    • LinCA

@Jason,

I think the most important part of Alexander the Kind-Of-Good's post was:
      "her vicious insanity is obvious in every post."

Considering that the average dead cat has better comprehension and reasoning skills, you may want to reevaluate where you spend your efforts.

I realize that it is sometimes fun to debate just for the debate, but even though you will have won the debate in the eyes of every sane person the moment you say "@Justina" (or whatever her screen name is at the time), there is no way you can convince her of anything.

June 16, 2011 at 7:37 pm |
    • Justina

Guys, I changed my user names because you guys did the most de-spi-cable things with those names. I'm not brave like HeavenSent. I had to change names. I have nothing to hide on what I must tell you. You guys should be upset how your fellow atheists do filthy things in this blog. Atheists are evil both in communist nations and free countries. You have no functioning conscience. Don't hijack America, villains.

June 16, 2011 at 8:44 pm |

LinCA,

So true. While I do love to debate, and I realize she will probably never change, I guess I am just hoping that by some miracle, she might actually read a post and do some self-searching. Some internal analysis as it were. Maybe I am hoping for to much, however, being religious, I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and hope for the best in them. On the topic of name stealing, I notice your name is hot-linked, am I to assume that your name is permanent? How do I go about acquiring one of those?

June 16, 2011 at 9:46 pm |
    • Jesus Christ – Lust for Glory

The most des-picable things that have been done to your name are done by your own authentic posts. It is very easy to spot the fakes – they are too sane, even when pretending to sound crazy . The acid psychosis you projectile vomit here is inimitable, and points you out instantly, no matter what name you use.

The correct adjective fo HeavenSent is "feculent," not brave. HeavenSent has never ever exhibited anything that could be interpreted as brave, but feculent . . . that's HeavenSent

June 16, 2011 at 10:02 pm |
    • LinCA

@Jason.

It's a wordpress account. To get one, go to wordpress.com and sign up for one. Edit your profile to pick the user name you want. It'll carry over to this blog (as long as you're signed in at wordpress).

I'm not sure how well it protects against imposters, but it's better than nothing.

LinCA

June 16, 2011 at 11:01 pm |
  3. rs1201

Weiner can start by speaking to a rabbi...something he obviously never did when he married a devout muslim. Of course, if he did convert as rumors have it, then maybe he should find a reputable imam and speak to him about what he's been doing. In any case, Weiner's got serious psychiatric problems that absolutely prevent him from serving in his present capacity. He's just so confused and full of himself that he doesn't see a clear road ahead of him. Certainly, his moronic wife who tells him not to resign doesn't see the road ahead either. Maybe they're both busy doing whatever he's been doing and we just haven't found her pictures as yet. The whole thing is disgusting...

June 16, 2011 at 6:53 am |
    • Frogist

I still genuinely have trouble finding his picture fetish disgusting. He likes seeing himself on camera. As far as fetishes go, that one's pretty tame. I also don't know where this call for psychological help comes in either. What exactly did he do that was so deviant?

June 16, 2011 at 9:58 am |
    • Kronk

He kept the name Weiner. That's pretty deviant. Anyone who wants to keep a name like that needs mental help.

June 16, 2011 at 10:13 am |
  4. FairGarden

@Jason, you must not call any woman "bit-ch." Period. No ands, no buts. You are rebellious and your heart self-relying that's why you didn't accept Jesus as your Savior and Lord. I studied religions and history and I realized atheists did the most unthinkable evil against humanity. Like Muslims, you are not seeing the atrocities of atheists as it is. If you are not trusting Jesus therefore trusting your filthy self; that's why your language and your heart is not right with God. You cannot save yourself, Jason. You need Jesus. Your evil always outweighs your good, even now.

June 16, 2011 at 6:39 am |
    • Justina

@Jason: The above FairGarden is me. And the reply button didn't work for me. Sorry for the inconvenience. Jason, stop being angry with Christians. Christianity is the only good thing that mankind has.

June 16, 2011 at 6:50 am |
    • Jason

To the contrary, you were, and still are, acting like a high and mighty bit.ch. Therefore, you deserve to be called one. While you may call my ways wicked, I call yours backwards and corrupted. I am not like many Muslims who will fight you without lashing their tongues. I call a spade a spade. You can say all you wish about Athiests, I will let an Athiest answer you, if he/she even feels the need, which I doubt. However, what I won't stand for, is the hypocrisy you're promoting in this very message. "Your filthy self" in the context you just used, is just as damaging and counterproductive as any other swear word I could ever come up with. Which is why I chose to use the word bit.ch in the first place. I knew it would grab your attention and spark this very debate.

You think you can sit there and tongue lash, but because you're using words that are socially acceptable that it doesn't still rub people the wrong way, and cause the same damage that any other swear word would do. You're wrong. It's just as bad and counterproductive as any of the "unspeakable" words.

Next, why don't you try to put down in words in a productive manner, exactly what it is you think Athiests did to this world. If you explain, in detail, your position, I might actually read and possibly agree with you, if I find your information and facts to be credible. But you never do this, you come on here, spurt out retarded Christian rhetoric and you end up sounding like someone who is on drugs, and needs immediate psychological attention. If you're truly a Christian, and not some giant internet troll, you'll read my posts carefully and consider them. Especially the ones with Canonical Scripture, as, that is of course, what you're supposed to be following.

June 16, 2011 at 6:55 am |
    • Justina

@Jason, your writing has no substance. Make your comments for me shorter. Don't waste my time. I may exit again soon.

June 16, 2011 at 6:59 am |
    • Jason

Justina, if you have an issue with long posts, maybe it is you who is illiterate. Is reading too hard for you?

June 16, 2011 at 7:02 am |
    • Justina

Jason, I'm not used to read meaningless things. Write something with substnce; don't rant.

June 16, 2011 at 7:06 am |
    • Jason

So.... just to clarify, you're saying that you speak with substance? Go to school, learn English, and then come back. Oh, and do please look up the word substance before you try and use it in a sentence again.

June 16, 2011 at 7:12 am |
    • Justina

@Jason, I wrote to you on the second page. Read them. Attacking bloggers personally here is meaningless; I hope you are not another stupid American teenager. Try to get the core of the matter, the truth. You don't speak like a sincere seeker. I met a lot of better Muslims.

June 16, 2011 at 7:51 am |
    • Justina

Jason, okay, I read your lengthy letter, and I still found it meaningless. You simply don't like what I wrote, that's all. Take facts as they are, young boy; truth is not what you want it to be always.

June 16, 2011 at 8:01 am |
  5. Willy Brown

Well If the good Congressman is ran of office from the same party that condones this type of personal behavior, until it puts them in the negative media light, then he can get a TV gig with client #9 and on Friday’s TV show the Congressman can dress up and oil down and Client #9 can purchases his services with his credit card.

June 16, 2011 at 6:10 am |
  6. mhcitizen

He should definitely go seek the advice of a much higher pillar of morality and ethics

like a priest 🙂

June 16, 2011 at 5:20 am |
  7. Sophist022751

I'm not at all sure why we want to educate Tibet. If we're going to export education anywhere I think we should start with Louisiana or maybe Colorado.

June 16, 2011 at 5:17 am |
    • John Richardson

Arkansas!

June 16, 2011 at 6:28 am |
  8. Jason

Oh Fairgarden,

Or whatever name you're posting under now. You got beat at the "Lets see who's religion is best" game, with me, when we were discussing Islam. Then, for quite a few posts, you kept it cordial, and I decided I'd let it be, since you left me unanswered, and uncontested. But to see the evil hate and abundance of vain, conceited, and ignorant comments all over again, well, that just isn't going to happen without me slapping you down a few notches again.

Lady, you need to wake up and smell the coffee, and I know exactly how I am going to do this, since you're so vehemently Christian, I shall use scripture to shut your trap for good.

(T)urn the other cheek ... love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. (Matthew 5:39, 44)

Put back your sword in its place ... for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. (Matthew 26:52)

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Ephesian 6:12)

In these three above verses, it plainly tells you that you must not fight for your religion. That if you encounter people of other religions, you should turn the other cheek if they're unwilling to convert. It also says that we should fight against the rulers and the authorities, not amongst ourselves, for the rulers and the authorities are the evil ones. Yet, you strongly encourage American Gov't.

If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. (Matthew 18:15-17)

In this verse it's telling you that if you disagree with your fellow man, about any matters, including religion, that you should speak with them in private, if that doesn't work, you should bring along 2 other witnesses, and if that fails, you should go to your church.

So, I guess what I am really trying to say is SHUT THE HE.LL UP YOU VILE BIT.CH

Thanks, and have a nice day.

(To The Rest Of You Reading This: I am sick of being nice to this lady, she's obviously off her rocker, and has no business spreading her words of hate till she educates herself more. Anyone listening to this nutjob should probably consult their local Priest, Rabbi, or Imam)

June 16, 2011 at 5:15 am |
    • Justina

@Jason: Satan quotes the Bible, too. FairGarden doesn't read lengthy garbages. Keep it to yourself. And read all the Bible, you illiterate.

June 16, 2011 at 5:32 am |

Justina,

I have read the Bible, cover to cover twice, both the New and the Old Testament. You should probably figure out who you're talking to, and what they know BEFORE you open that worthless hole you call a mouth. (Or in this instance, before you use that lump 3ft above your backside to type worthless comments like that one).

June 16, 2011 at 5:36 am |
    • Justina

Jason, then how come you know nothing about the Bible? You must be daydreaming while reading.

June 16, 2011 at 5:38 am |
    • Jason

I know nothing of the Bible? Please, enlighten me. I beg of you.

While we're at it, it seems you like to use words that you have no understanding of. "Illiterate" means the inability to read and write. Or SEVERELY poor skills in both. I believe, that I am reading a blog, and understanding what's going on and what the context of the messages are, as well as typing in an easy to read, and easy to comprehend, manner. I'd say that that just about proves I am not illiterate, and you need a dictionary.

June 16, 2011 at 5:44 am |
    • Justina

Jason, your language is filthy. Therefore, you are considered as an illiterate on the Bible regardless of your claims. Thank me for talking with you.

June 16, 2011 at 5:46 am |
    • Jason

Oh, you're mad because I used the word BIT.CH in my post? And somehow, you're correlating my use of a "naughty" word, to my inability to comprehend a book? Gotcha...

Then Saul's anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said unto him, Thou son of the perverse rebellious woman, do not I know that thou hast chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion, and unto the confusion of thy mother's nakedness’’ (1 Samuel 20:30, KJV)
      "Son of a perverse rebellious woman?" Sure, that's the literal translation, but think. Saul's really angry, and he's shouting at his son, but the English translators of many Bible translations seem to be beating around the bush here. What Saul says here, ben 'avah marduwth, is a colloquialism. In Hebrew it's quite vulgar. Modern English has a very similar colloquialism with an equivalent meaning. This means he's basically calling his own son a "Son of a BI.TCH" or if you prefer "Son of a WH.ORE"

Thanks for reading, please, feel free to educate me on how little I know of the bible. Seriously, go ahead.

June 16, 2011 at 5:56 am |
    • Justina

Jason, are you saying you are as evil as King Saul? The Bible records history as it has happened, never condoning sins. Read the Letter of Jude in the New Testament Bible. It describes the American atheists.

June 16, 2011 at 6:06 am |
    • Jason

I am by no means saying I am as "Evil" as King Saul. I am simply pointing out that when people get angry, they swear. It's even in your Bible. There are many other swear words in the bible if you take the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, compare them to the colloquialisms of the time, you will come to understand that words, at the end of the day, are used by all men, both great and evil to convey a message, and that sometimes those words can be strong, and sometimes the strength of the word is both necessary and just. You will also understand that words are just words, they're graphical representations that when strung together to form sentences, they inevitably produce meaning, no matter how great or small that meaning may be.

As to the Letter of Jude, or rather the Epistle of Jude. What do I care about "American Athiests"? I know plenty of them, and generally they're nicer than most Christians I've met. If you hadn't gathered from my first post, I am Muslim, and you, being FairGarden, should know that, since we argued at length, and you went as far as to tell me "You don't sound like a real Muslim". Well, Lady, I've got news for you, I've studied theology for at least 14 years, I was either Baptist, Methodist or Roman Catholic for most of my childhood, I attended Sunday School regularly. For most of my late teens and adult life I was Agnostic, however still studying religion. Now, I am Muslim, and still studying religion, and not just one of them, All of them, or as many as I can find information out about. What other religions have you studied at length? I'd venture to guess 1 or 2, if any.

Please, educate yourself before you try and have a battle of words and religion with me. Otherwise you'll just slip and fall and fail miserably.

June 16, 2011 at 6:24 am |
    • ScottK

Not to jump in the middle of your blog o r g y, but you two need to get a room...

Oh, and Justina needs to get an education, Jason is wiping the floor with you.

June 16, 2011 at 1:41 pm |
  9. Matt Sky

If he were to change religions I don't think voters would buy into that as legitimate. It would look completely like another cynical political move, like when he went and lied on all those TV networks. He needs step down and out of the spotlight for a while, give Democrats a shot at winning 2012 with Obama and plan his re-emergence. He's getting in the way of the party's success and thus the nation's success in my veiw.

June 16, 2011 at 5:09 am |
    • Amber

He doesn't have an actual skill, so he may not be able to find a job like Huma is accustomed to. Poor him!!!

June 16, 2011 at 6:33 am |
  10. Peikovian

He doesn't need men of the cloth. He needs men with straight jackets.

June 16, 2011 at 4:51 am |
  11. cbr

Good Grief!!!! Let's leave religion out of this story. It is not necessary for any member of the clergy to recommend Rep. Weiner turn to Christ. If the shoe were on the other foot would people be happy if member of the clergy urged a Christian to come back to Judaism.

Mr. Weiner has plenty to atone for and he will have the opportunity during the summer.

June 16, 2011 at 4:25 am |
  12. FairGarden (the real one)

For those who remember: the original Christian "Justina" changed the user names several times in this Belief Blog section because my user names were misused by anti-Christian villains. I was Justina, Frederica, Friend, Adeline, Christian Adeline, Adelina and FairGarden. I may change my user name again soon as long as I can connect to this blog.

June 16, 2011 at 1:18 am |
    • FairGarden (the real one)

Not to worry. Whatever name I post under, I can't seem to hide my unlimited ignorance.

June 16, 2011 at 1:24 am |
    • LinCA

While this is pretty funny, it does show that this comment section could use some username protection.

June 16, 2011 at 1:29 am |
    • FairGarden (the real one)

@linca. theres nothing funny about this

June 16, 2011 at 1:38 am |
    • FairGarden

The last two FairGarden above are fakes. I will no longer post under this name. Any FairGarden after this post is not the original Christian blogger.

June 16, 2011 at 1:42 am |
    • Moderate

Why change your name? Your characteristic electric insanity is obvious in everything you post. You can't help yourself. You cannot hide your hatreds and delusions for the life of you. You could change your name every time you post and they will still spot it immediately.

Atheists LOVE your posts. You clearly show the worst possible face of religion. The moderate religious people are the ones who wish you would shut up. The atheists want you to continue, to show the world that religion is filled with crazy people.

June 16, 2011 at 2:23 am |
    • Justina

@Moderate: No, atheists LOVE stalking and bullying and have no knowledge in literature, science or history. That says all. That's what CNN belief blog proved. Moderate religious? You mean the liberals who disguise themselves as religious under your pawns. You can't tame or control real Christians because Truth is independent. I haven't decided my new user name yet, you stalking bullies, but let the Chinese educate you on US history.

June 16, 2011 at 3:55 am |
    • Nate (Seattle, WA)

@Justina,

Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. It's generally the atheists and agnostics who cherish the acquisition of knowledge, and the faithful who revel in ignorance. On this very blog, CNN published a study that polled people of all religious groups, and non-believers, about their religious knowledge. Repeat ... religious knowledge. A subject that non-believers really have no compelling reason to be experts in. Nevertheless, it was the non-believers who scored better than Christians, Jews, Muslims, and every other religious group.

But, what place do facts have in the eyes of the faithful?

June 16, 2011 at 5:23 am |
    • Justina

Nate, atheists are evil by nature. Their partial knowledge doesn't help. Most atheists and agnostics in CNN are ignorant on every subject, though. The sta-tis-tics must be forged by atheists.

June 16, 2011 at 5:36 am |
    • Free

Justina
      I thought that the doctrine of original sin taught that all people are evil by nature? Add to that the evangelical insistence that doing good works is not the actual aim of Christianity and I fail to see how you can argue that believers are less evil than non-believers.

June 16, 2011 at 10:24 am |
    • ScottK

@Jusina – "Nate, atheists are evil by nature. Their partial knowledge doesn't help." Partial knowledge? I believe the most recent study's show that atheists are far more knowledgeable about the bible than their Christian counterparts.

As for them being "evil" the philosophical question is whether morality is absolute or relative and leads to questions about the nature of evil, with views falling into one of four opposed camps: moral absolutism (you), amoralism (there is no evil), moral relativism (moral judgments across different people and cultures), and moral universalism (a universal ethic regardless of culture, race, s e x, religion, nationality, s e xuality).

Then again, your "partial knowledge" about the world due to your religious myopia would make it hard for you to understand and may infact strain your brain to much, so just go back to accepting blindly whatever the podium pedophiles have to say.

June 16, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
    • Juggling Squirrel-Jesus

Arguing with FairGarden/Adelina/Justina, whatever is rather pointless. She's clearly drunk WAY too much cool-aid. You'd be better off arguing with a computer program that spits out random garbage and hatred about how anyone that does not believe EXACTLY as it is immoral, awful, evil, and worth of eternal torture.

June 16, 2011 at 2:03 pm |
    • ScottK

So, are you Jesus who can juggle squirrel's? Or a squirrel named Jesus who can juggle?

June 16, 2011 at 2:19 pm |
    • Squirrel-Juggling Jesus

Juggling Squirrel-Jesus is the rodent messiah with a talent for juggling. I am the human messiah, whose talent for juggling cute rodents was totally missed by the clumsy humans who put together the Bible. They messed up a lot of other things as well on that one – the Bible was a real botch job.

Ancient scriptures are divided as to which of us came first, but Juggling Squirrel-Jesus and I have decided to peacefully coexist, because if we don't, our followers will kill and torture and oppress each other, because that is what religions do.

June 16, 2011 at 3:58 pm |
    • Bippy, the Lesser Squirrel God of Overcooked Waffles

Squirrel-Juggling Jesus is the Dark One, flinger of the chosen species, a bane to rodentkind and impender of doom. As it says in the Holy Book:

"When Bippy opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth acorn say, “Squeek!” I looked, and there before me was a pale chipmunk! Its rider was named Larry, and Hell and some nice peanuts were following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by small pointy teeth, and by the wild beasts of the earth who prefer not to eat nice little squirrels like us but might like a nice meal of humans instead."

June 16, 2011 at 4:10 pm |
    • Juggling Squirrel-Jesus

ScottK – the latter. A rodent diety who's particularly skilled at juggling. And Bippy is clearly misinterpreting Animals. Squirrel doesn't translate well to English. And it all depends on which version of Animals you're getting your translation from.

June 16, 2011 at 4:14 pm |
    • ScottK

@The Squirrel Messiah – So how do I become a follower? Your scripture is as valid as any of these other "faithful" bible quote rs I see on these boards. I don't have to wear a plush animal costume & go to any weird parties do I?

June 16, 2011 at 4:17 pm |
    • Juggling Squirrel-Jesus

ScottK -you don't really have to do much of anything. Just don't eat rodents. No dressing up in silly robes or bunny costumes or anything like that. It would be a lot easier to have access to the Book of Animals, but as with Armaments, those scoundrels at Nicea left it out.

June 16, 2011 at 4:22 pm |
    • Bippy, the Lesser Squirrel-God of Overcooked Waffles

The weird parties are why most people join us.

June 16, 2011 at 4:23 pm |
    • Sir Not-Appearing-in-this-Film

The Book of Armaments?!?! You mean . . . The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?!?!?!

June 16, 2011 at 5:02 pm |
    • Juggling Squirrel-Jesus

Well, the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch is only one of the weapons contained within Armaments. There's the Bazooka of Babylon, the Tomahawk Missile of Certain Death, and the F-14 Tomcat of His Holiness Maverick the Field Mouse, among others.

June 16, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
    • Sir Not-Appearing-in-this-Film

Is the Really Ouchy Slingshot of St. Bartholomew Simpsonus covered by the Book of Armaments, or by the Gospel of Homer?

June 16, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • Stevie7

Well, both, really. Armaments describes Its development and proper usage along with specifications – accuracy, range, and so on. Homer unquestionably outlines Its Holiness and Sanct ity and also gives prophecy of its usage that was fulfilled during the Battle of Badon Hill

June 16, 2011 at 5:36 pm |
    • Juggling Squirrel-Jesus

One should note, however, that the Gospel of Homer was not actually penned by Homer, but was written several decades after his death by one or more anonymous authors. It is, however, the inspired word of Jebus.

June 17, 2011 at 7:52 am |
  13. FairGarden

America wake up. Sucking dick is the only way to salivation.

June 16, 2011 at 1:07 am |
    • Friend

@FairGarden. So true.

June 16, 2011 at 1:08 am |
    • Adelina

Oh, can I join, too?

June 16, 2011 at 1:09 am |
    • HotAirAce

I was going to say that things are going to get interesting now, but then Adelina showed up, but maybe (the real) FairGarden is actually Adelina on drugs so perhaps she's been here all along.

June 16, 2011 at 1:11 am |
    • FairGarden (the real one)

All the first 3 commentors above are fakes.

June 16, 2011 at 1:12 am |
    • FairGarden (the real real one)

Actually all but HotAirAce are fakes

June 16, 2011 at 1:15 am |
    • LinCA

@FairGarden (the real one)

You said: "All the first 3 commentors above are fakes."
      How could you know, unless you comment under all 3 names?

June 16, 2011 at 1:18 am |
    • HotAirAce

I said something nice about Sarah Palin today – maybe I'm a fake too.

June 16, 2011 at 1:21 am |
    • Frederica Justina Adelina Friend . . . there's so many of me, just call me Sybil

Everyone is a fake except me. All the posts here are fakes except the 43rd one on the 19th page of the really important Sarah Palin story. That one was real. There are some that are fake fakes, and some that are fake fake fakes, but my brain starts hurting more than usual when I think about stuff like that . . . and my eyes twitches worse, and the Tourette's really gets a burning, and then they come with the thorazine, and pretty soon I am in the soft room with my huggy jacket.

June 16, 2011 at 2:32 am |
  14. dinak

I am a conservative, and I don't believe for a second that religion plays any part in this. We've experienced just as many or more Christians cheating or behaving lewdly. This is about character weakness and nothing else.

June 16, 2011 at 12:44 am |
    • FairGarden

@Dinak, actually most humans on earth kept decent life because of Christianity. Pagans are magic-practioners, man-eaters, polygamists, women-oppressors, perverts and child-abusers. Judeo-Christian values changed all that. USA is returning into barbarism by abandoning Christianity.

June 16, 2011 at 12:50 am |
    • HotAirAce

@FairGarden

Most people in the world are not christians. On the other hand, most (70%!) of abortions in the USA are had by believers. It is the believer crowd that defends the barbaric practice of cutting flesh off male infants. Please clean up your own backyard before telling anyone else how to live.

June 16, 2011 at 12:54 am |
    • FairGarden

@HotAirAce, you are wrong. Many of 2.3 billion Christians live in non-West. The Christian West educated all the world and made it civilized with Christian-minded good laws. America knows God for a long time so her guilt of killig unborn babies is greater. Don't per-se-cute the Jews on their cus-tom.

June 16, 2011 at 1:10 am |
    • HotAirAce

@FairGarden

While 33% of the world's population may subsribe to 1 of the several thousands of varieties of the christian tribal superst!tion, 33% is still not "most."

June 16, 2011 at 1:19 am |
    • FairGarden

@HotAirAce, 70-80% human population is influenced by Christian values. We only have Muslims, Western atheists and Tibet left to educate.

June 16, 2011 at 1:28 am |
    • The Mildly Exciting Adventures of Seymore Thimblecap, Accountant

Tibet? You think Tibet is a bastion of evil? You leave China off the list but include Tibet?

I get it – you are the only Christian in Tibet, and that fills you with resentments against Buddhists.

June 16, 2011 at 2:47 am |
    • Hello Dalai!

She cannot be from Tibet – she would know that the Han Chinese have been settling there in swarms and elbowing out the Tibetans. It's a Chinese government policy – marginalize and displace the Tibetans, make the region Chinese through ethnic cleansing.

June 16, 2011 at 2:57 am |
    • Free

Hello Dalai!
      Like the way North Americans have elbowed out the Native Americans?

June 16, 2011 at 8:29 am |
    • Hello Dalai!

Yep, just like that.

June 16, 2011 at 4:13 pm |
  15. Jerry R

Folks, Christianity, a religion, is not the way. It never was. Jesus is. A Person–not a religion. The world's people don't need religion. They need to know God thru Jesus Christ. He taught love as the foundation for relations between people–to love others as you love yourself. Compare that for starters with what many Christian's believe and proclaim!

June 16, 2011 at 12:29 am |
    • Free

So, what are you willing to strip away in order to have just a 'relationship' with Jesus? All clergy and publishing authorities like Billy Graham and Rick Warren? All the holidays including Christmas and Easter? The Cross and other symbols? Prayer? All the sacraments including baptism and marriage? All the creeds, laws and even the Bible itself? These are the kind of things that all religions have, right?

June 16, 2011 at 8:27 am |
  16. frank

I wish a nice christian girl would evangelize my weiner.

June 16, 2011 at 12:10 am |
  17. HotAirAce

FairGarden

You are the Sarah Palin of the believer crowd. The more you "talk" the clearer it is that you and your beliefs are crazy.

June 16, 2011 at 12:07 am |
    • FairGarden

@HotAirAce, I don't know much about American politicians. I just imagine her to be an extra-ordinary good person because you hate her so. You guys are spoiled. American politicians are angels comparing to the ones in the rest of the world. Christians created a real good structure in USA for you.

June 16, 2011 at 12:17 am |
  18. FairGarden

By the way, America, don't impose your Sodomy into other countries. No thanks to that. Ho-mo-pho-bia is normal thing for normal people. The reason you are despised by many nations. Let the Bible-literate Christians protect the life of everyone everywhere. We don't want your perversion and immorality. God punishes every nation that promotes immorality.

June 15, 2011 at 11:43 pm |
    • Squirrel-Juggling Jesus

God has already punished you with raging hatred and mental illness.

Is this really what you would have others do unto you?

June 15, 2011 at 11:47 pm |
    • FairGarden

@Squirrel, I love USA. What are you talkig about? Reading CNN everyday, it really makes one gets concerned about the well-being of America, you know. Terrorism is a cute threat comparing to the spiritual corrosion of the present America described in CNN. What happened to you? Why do you hate God when you received every good thing from Him? You were just bunch of worthless barbarians if you had no Jesus.

June 15, 2011 at 11:53 pm |
    • Nate (Seattle, WA)

What the heck is this business of hyphenating ad nauseum by this neanderthal, FairGarden? Why are conservatives always so sure of themselves, but so incapable of expressing themselves with halfway decent grammar? If it's not this nonsensical phonetic spelling, it's the typing IN ALL CAPS.

The correlation between faith and stupidity is fantastically strong.

June 16, 2011 at 5:31 am |
    • Justina

Nate, English is not my main language. You liberals never understand what's important or what's at stake. Feminized boys.

June 16, 2011 at 5:44 am |
    • EarthWatch

You are in Thailand? A Thai Baptist Fundie? May you get robbed by someone on a motorcycle, you batsht crazy idiot.

June 16, 2011 at 9:48 am |
    • Chiangrai Ching

เย็ดสุนัขตัวเมียเป็นบ้า

June 16, 2011 at 9:59 am |
    • Justina

I'm not a Thai Baptist. You secular Americans' insanity really started full-blooming in the Vietnam War era, didn't it?

June 16, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
    • ahhhhhhhhhhh

Ah, the fake.

June 17, 2011 at 12:09 am |
  19. FairGarden

America, you have no good purpose of living other than Jesus. God blessed you because of your faith in His Son; please continue receiving His blessings and accopmplishing the mission of bringing liberty and justice for all on the entire planet. Life is not about pigging out and immersion in your shameful pleasures. You are very useful in protecting Israel; stay that way by stopping blasphemies. You have too many garbages now.

June 15, 2011 at 11:39 pm |
    • And Now It's Springtime For Hitler And Germany!

Now FairGarden, why don't you tell us all again how you were banned from a forum that discusses German Landscapes.

June 15, 2011 at 11:43 pm |
    • FairGarden

With all her most excellent, rich talents, Germany lost her greatness because she listened to the des-pi-cable anti-God humanists rather than God's Word. USA is next.

June 15, 2011 at 11:46 pm |
    • U-Boats Are Sailing Once More!

Tell us again about how you were banned from a forum that discusses German Landscape.

June 15, 2011 at 11:51 pm |
    • FairGarden

@U-Boat: I wrote comments on the significance of Western paintings on a German painting news but all of them got moderation modes. There were no other comments and I didn't return there. It's all right. I think I'm wasting too much time with writing on CNN. I paint, but my paintings don't sell; that's why I started writing on CNN.

June 15, 2011 at 11:57 pm |
    • Bob Jamieson

Don't listen to these antiChrists, FairGarden.

I would love to see your paintings. Seriously. Do you have any you can post here, or a link where I can see a few?

June 16, 2011 at 12:04 am |
    • FairGarden

Bob, thank you. It's okay. Only my sister wants me to, no others. I can make up songs for USA. I'm just sad I'm unable to write on the CNN nature section. Please remember I love USA genuinely. Her ongoing blessedness is what I want. Please read Rev. King Jr. Those who love you scold you a lot with love, telling the truth. I love Russians and Germans as well. But they don't come here.

June 16, 2011 at 12:11 am |
    • Bob Jamieson

Well how about a song or two then. I imagine you are quite original. It's a shame you won't share a painting or two with us.

June 16, 2011 at 12:21 am |
    • PRISM 1234

FairGarden,
      America has gone so far from what she was meant to be, that it is a shame and embarrassment to me to say that I am American when I go to my own home land in Europe. But America will not return to the Lord and there will be no national revival in this county.... but many people here will be seeking God here, in the darkness of the times to come....
      Any nation, county civilization or individual person who has known the Lord, has been blest by Him, and given so much... if they forget Him and cast Him out of their midst, He will turn them over to their own devices, and let them wallow in their own refuse... And this arrogant, froward nation is not only doing that, but desiring to send it's filth to other nations, to pollute them with it...
      I don't know where you are, but I can tell you that life here reflects anything but the freedom these people here love to boast themselves about.
      What is the use it is to speak of freedom, and to boast yourself of your liberties, when you have no freedom to enjoy the beauty around you, nor can not go outside and take a stroll with your child or a walk with a loved one, for fear that some pervert or a mugger will attack you? Americans make their homes their own prisons, sitting in front the big screen TV, shoving down everythign the meadia propaganda pushers throw at them, and Unholy-wood fixes for their stupored minds to digest, while paying big $$$$ for all that trash spewed at them... And they think they will just die if the power goes out for couple of hours... not because they can't fix their supper, but because the TV is not working.... I'm not exaggerating here, friend... I know what I see, and maybe now you can get the picture.... I really believe Americans have become numb, and have lost the ability to discern what's real and what's not. I believe the now generation of people are being only intoxicated with the idea of freedom, but really not knowing what it really means to be free.
      No nation, no people , country or individual can know nor comprehend what real freedom and what real peace is , until they know the One who is the author of true peace , and who is the only One who can set the human soul free.
      But it is exactly as you said, friend, America is immersed in her sinful pleasures, and will not be told that she is wretched, poor and miserable without God whom she in the pride of her self sufficiency has cast out, and declared her independence from! But God knows how to bring the proud to their knees! So will it be with America !

June 16, 2011 at 12:29 am |
    • FairGarden

Bob, thank you so much. I encourge you to create things for God. Glory of God is the best inspiration of all art in the entire universe. The heart explodes. The meanings much deeper and complex than the surface! Psalm 45. It really draws out the things which are not there but are born with irresistable bursting joy of heaven and brings down the unimaginable echos. Life is life, for the first time, with God alone. I actually feel sorry for atheists and secularists though I keep talking on their level here. Bob, thank God we know Him. Unequal grace.

June 16, 2011 at 12:33 am |
    • FairGarden Give the Perfect Description of Religion

"It really draws out the things which are not there"

June 16, 2011 at 12:35 am |
    • FairGarden

PRISM1234, America has hope because of her Christians such as you. We hope USA won't be a Sodom since she has a lot of righteous, mourning Christians within her. And we who Christians living outside of USA with some accurate knowledge of history will always love America and pray for her till the Kingdom comes. We never forget the precious sacrifice of missionaries and American soldiers. We non-Western Christians will take up and continue on the noble purpose of great American Christians, God so willing. God bless American Christians.

June 16, 2011 at 12:42 am |
    • FairGarden

@FairGarden-Give-the- With that phrase, I mean humanity's talent within. Atheists incapable of interpreting texts – again. Just give up or ask questions, you stupid atheists.

June 16, 2011 at 12:45 am |
    • PRISM 1234

Yes, FairGarden... and thank you for your love and prayers. Inspite of all , there are many God's people awaking to reality of what is happening to this country, and they will be the lights shining in the darkness of times ot come, till the Lord Himself comes, and our Morning Star arises in our hearts!

June 16, 2011 at 12:53 am |

PRISM1234, Amen to that.

June 16, 2011 at 1:21 am |
    • John Richardson

Prism1234 You are the most arrogant, ignorant jerk. You really think that no one else knows how to enjoy the beauty around them? That is just spectacularly stupid.

June 16, 2011 at 6:36 am |
    • PRISM 1234

@JR
      You called me the most arrogant, ignorant jerk.

But oh, well, considering from whom is it comming, I could/should rather consider it a compliment....

June 16, 2011 at 9:33 am |
  20. FairGarden

CNN, stop blaspheming. America is nothing without Christianity.

June 15, 2011 at 11:27 pm |
    • Free

You know, you sound just like Donkey in Shrek the Halls telling everyone that sweet potatoes are nothing without marshmallows.

June 15, 2011 at 11:40 pm |