home
RSS
July 13th, 2011

Amid growing pressure, churches in China 'are at a critical moment,' pastor says

By Eunice Yoon, CNN

Beijing, China (CNN) - The congregants were seated in rows of folding chairs, clasping their hands in prayer or studying passages in their Bibles.

The choir was sitting up front ready to sing on cue. A cross hung behind the pastor. The service looked like a Christian service you would see pretty much anywhere else in the world. But this is Beijing, and the recent Sunday service was illegal.

I couldn't stop glancing at the door and wonder - are the authorities on their way?

This must be the feeling the people in informal churches here have lived with for decades, I thought.

In China, the government allows religious activity but tightly controls it, requiring Christians to meet at state-approved churches. Many Chinese Christians prefer to worship on their own terms at "house" churches, which generally start as small prayer meetings in people's homes.

In recent years, the authorities have tolerated these underground churches. In fact, the parishioners CNN spoke to seemed unfazed by their church's illegal status.

However, Pastor Ezra Jin, the leader of Zion Church, said these churches are now under tremendous pressure - in the midst of China's crackdown on dissent here in the wake of the Arab Spring.

"We are at a critical moment," he said. "What we need is communication."

House churches, he said, cannot afford to stay silent - one of the reasons he granted CNN rare access to film in his banned church.

Jin is concerned that China's underground churches could become targets of jittery authorities like one of Beijing's biggest house churches, Shouwang. Over the past several months, Shouwang's members have been routinely detained and its leaders put under house arrest.

The government defended its actions, saying the congregants were repeatedly gathering illegally in the streets.

Jin finds the development troubling. He and over a dozen other house church leaders have filed a petition to top Communist Party officials calling for greater religious freedoms.

He fears that without dialogue, underground churchgoers could face a fate similar to practitioners of another - heavily persecuted - spiritual group.

"Shouwang's case could deteriorate into a massive crackdown if not handled properly," he said. "We are trying to send a message to remind the Communist Party leaders not to inflame this incident, not to tackle it the way they did the Falun Gong."

The government officially allows freedom of religion but has long been wary of churches, suspicious they could be a source of opposition.

Pastor Jin doesn't see himself as a threat. He hopes his decision to speak up will foster understanding - and possibly lead to legal recognition of house churches without the government controls.

"We are very aware of what we are doing," he said. "And we are ready to pay the price."

He is a man of God now emboldened despite, or perhaps because of, the Chinese government's heavy hand.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Asia • Belief • China • Christianity • Church • Church and state • Content Partner • TV-The Situation Room

1. Eli

ob 33

1 “But now, Job, listen to my words;
    pay attention to everything I say.
    2 I am about to open my mouth;
    my words are on the tip of my tongue.
    3 My words come from an upright heart;
    my lips sincerely speak what I know.
    4 The Spirit of God has made me;
    the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
    5 Answer me then, if you can;
    stand up and argue your case before me.
    6 I am the same as you in God’s sight;
    I too am a piece of clay.
    7 No fear of me should alarm you,
    nor should my hand be heavy on you.

8 “But you have said in my hearing—
    I heard the very words—
    9 ‘I am pure, I have done no wrong;
    I am clean and free from sin.
    10 Yet God has found fault with me;
    he considers me his enemy.
    11 He fastens my feet in shackles;
    he keeps close watch on all my paths.’

12 “But I tell you, in this you are not right,
    for God is greater than any mortal.
    13 Why do you complain to him
    that he responds to no one’s words[a]?
    14 For God does speak—now one way, now another—
    though no one perceives it.
    15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
    when deep sleep falls on people
    as they slumber in their beds,
    16 he may speak in their ears
    and terrify them with warnings,
    17 to turn them from wrongdoing
    and keep them from pride,
    18 to preserve them from the pit,
    their lives from perishing by the sword.[b]

19 “Or someone may be chastened on a bed of pain
    with constant distress in their bones,
    20 so that their body finds food repulsive
    and their soul loathes the choicest meal.
    21 Their flesh wastes away to nothing,
    and their bones, once hidden, now stick out.
    22 They draw near to the pit,
    and their life to the messengers of death.[c]
    23 Yet if there is an angel at their side,
    a messenger, one out of a thousand,
    sent to tell them how to be upright,
    24 and he is gracious to that person and says to God,
    ‘Spare them from going down to the pit;
    I have found a ransom for them—
    25 let their flesh be renewed like a child’s;
    let them be restored as in the days of their youth’—
    26 then that person can pray to God and find favor with him,
    they will see God’s face and shout for joy;
    he will restore them to full well-being.
    27 And they will go to others and say,
    ‘I have sinned, I have perverted what is right,
    but I did not get what I deserved.
    28 God has delivered me from going down to the pit,
    and I shall live to enjoy the light of life.’

29 “God does all these things to a person—
    twice, even three times—
    30 to turn them back from the pit,
    that the light of life may shine on them.

31 “Pay attention, Job, and listen to me;
    be silent, and I will speak.
    32 If you have anything to say, answer me;
    speak up, for I want to vindicate you.
    33 But if not, then listen to me;
    be silent, and I will teach you wisdom.”

July 14, 2011 at 10:22 am |
  2. Matthew

Whenever society bans religion, the society suffers. China has oppressed many of their traditional beliefs and now are oppressing a growing Christian community. It is notable that Christianity prospers more under persecution then they do in comfort. Rome tried to persecuted and wipe out Christianity and then Christianity conquered the Romans at Milvian Bridge.

July 14, 2011 at 10:19 am |
    • Sybaris

Another way to look at it is whenever missionaries have come to sew their religion among indigenous people they bring the ills of their parent culture with them and the population declines.

July 14, 2011 at 10:32 am |
  3. petercha

May God protect all these house churches and these Christians from their government.

July 14, 2011 at 10:16 am |
    • Sybaris

May the government and the people protect themselves from religion.

July 14, 2011 at 10:21 am |
    • Belloch

So, Sybaris, you must be a card carrying member of the Commie party, huh?

July 14, 2011 at 10:37 am |
    • Laughing

That's right, when an atheist dares step his toe out of line and talk bad about religion just scream "COMMIE!" that's a surefire way to make an atheist see red......wait.....

July 14, 2011 at 10:40 am |
    • Belloch

Ha! I get it. Funny.

The reason I made that comment, though, is because you have self-professed atheists on here who are advocating government control of religions. Only a certain percentage of the population can be Christian, only a certain percentage can be Muslims. That goes against everything the United States and the First Amendment stands for. I'm all for your right not to believe. I'm a firm believer that the Bible says not everyone is supposed to believe. I'm OK with that, but I don't want to be oppressed or prevented from practicing what I believe 'cuz that's a real Commie thing to do.

July 14, 2011 at 10:49 am |
    • Laughing

agreed, anyone who thinks it's the governments right to only have X% of people be christian and X% muslism ect.... is going against the american system. Then again what sybaris said was that government and the people should protect themselves from religion. he's advocating for people to willingly give up religion and make sure religion doesn't interfere with the governement, which is very pro american, and anti-religion.

July 14, 2011 at 10:57 am |
    • Belloch

But in making that statement, Laughing, (pro-American, anti-religion) I believe you are discounting the oftentimes positive role faith plays in setting the tone and culture of America.

I won't deny that people have done bad things in the name of their faith, but I also won't exclude the many, many, many good acts that faith has moved people to perform.

I guess my take on it is that people will always have their prejudices, and many times they use their religion as a way to justify those prejudices. But if you take away religion, people will find other ways to justify their prejudice and hate. It's human nature.

July 14, 2011 at 11:24 am |
    • Laughing

So you're saying that since religion has done some good stuff and contributed some good stuff we should keep it around? Like you said, if people are going to be bad, religion only helps them justify their badness, but I would say the evil that religion as perpetrated (not just christianity, all religion) has outweighed the pros its done (sorry, but the way of the world is that bad acts get more cred are remembered long after unlike the good acts).

Also lets get real, it's a two way street, you tried to disassociate the bad things that have been done because of religion, same can hold true for good acts. People will be good and help whether or not religion tells them to.

July 14, 2011 at 11:48 am |
    • PeterVN

Appropriate Steven Weinberg quote:

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

July 14, 2011 at 8:13 pm |
  4. Jason

isn't it ironic that people in China practice their faith illegally b/c the government won't allow it while in America we have so much freedom that people don't think they need God ?

July 14, 2011 at 10:14 am |
    • petercha

Sad but true, Jason.

July 14, 2011 at 10:17 am |
    • Sybaris

No, it's not ironic......... you really don't NEED a god.

July 14, 2011 at 10:17 am |
    • Kristine Langridge

@Jason, how very true and very sad.......

July 14, 2011 at 10:22 am |
    • Laughing

I think you need to go look up the word "Irony"

July 14, 2011 at 10:23 am |
    • Laughing

To add,

You might want to follow up and add the definition so your fellow religious buddies also understand the meaning.

July 14, 2011 at 10:48 am |
  5. Buddy R

When atheists are in charge of a government the government is always a cesspool of oppression and mass murder. China's Christians will always be persecuted as long as atheists are in charge of the government.

July 14, 2011 at 9:47 am |
    • AGeek

Right. Because Sharia Law is such a shining counterpoint. Do you people think before you write, or is this just all a knee-jerk reaction for you?

July 14, 2011 at 9:55 am |
    • Mike

Thanks for playing, but no. Sorry, blaming "Atheists" for the oppression of the communists state is both inaccurate and inflammatory. China's Communist government has never been tolerant of anything they see as "the opposition." In this case, it happens to be religion. ANY religion. That's why they control it so heavily.

Please take a look at history. Religion has caused far far more strife than any lack thereof ever has. Stop blaming people who don't believe as you do for a problem that's not their fault.

July 14, 2011 at 10:01 am |
    • actually

The dark ages...
      thats all i have to say.

July 14, 2011 at 10:06 am |
    • tommas

Yes because our christian politicians and the three wars they are raging are saints

July 14, 2011 at 10:12 am |
    • Sybaris

Where does this Atheism – Communism connection come from? It's so old and tired and McCarthy.

July 14, 2011 at 10:20 am |
    • tim Ricard

Firstly to be fair, Athiestic government have a simular record as religious ones. Secoundly Marxism, and any of its derivitives, are inherently athiestic. So athiesm track record is as bad, if not worse than some religions

July 14, 2011 at 10:47 am |
    • Laughing

@ tim Richard

To be fair, your sort of a moron, so I understand you're confusion. About the only fact you got right was the communism is inherently atheistic. But there's not really such thing as an atheist government. What you're thinking of is maybe the american system with an atheist at its head? Or a Humanist government? Communist wage war against religions because religion is harmful to communist dogma, not because religion is stupid. Up to this point there has never been an "atheist government" so if you want to compare track records, it looks like theological governments are probably #1 in terms of attrocities committed.

Thanks for playing!

July 14, 2011 at 10:52 am |
  6. Odessa

China has more tolerance for Christianity than Europe and USA do; the only reason she is exceling the West.

July 14, 2011 at 9:07 am |
    • Kevin Weslyn

It would be interesting to know exactly how this has been quantified.

July 14, 2011 at 9:37 am |
    • Mike

[citation needed]

'Nuff said.

July 14, 2011 at 10:02 am |
  7. Singapore Way

China is doing the right thing. Just like Singapore, it should limit Christianity to less than 15% of the population. Islam another 15%. Secular Buddhism and Taoism 35%. Secular Confucianism 35%.

That should create a normal curve like Singapore:

July 14, 2011 at 8:48 am |
    • Kevin Weslyn

Some people like the idea of government making all our choices.

Others prefer freedom.

July 14, 2011 at 9:38 am |
    • Belloch

I think I prefer the First Amendment. Thanks.

July 14, 2011 at 10:40 am |
  8. Reality

The solution:--------------–

Post the following on all mosque, church, temple and synagogue doors everywhere including China:

SAVING 1.5 BILLION LOST MUSLIMS:

THERE NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE ANY ANGELS I.E. NO GABRIEL, NO ISLAM AND THEREFORE NO MORE KORANIC-DRIVEN ACTS OF HORROR AND TERROR

SAVING 2 BILLION LOST CHRISTIANS:

THERE WAS AND NEVER WILL BE ANY BODILY RESURRECTIONS I.E. NO EASTER, NO CHRISTIANITY

SAVING 15.5 MILLION ORTHODOX FOLLOWERS OF JUDAISM:

ABRAHAM AND MOSES PROBABLY NEVER EXISTED.

Added details upon request.

Next topic!!!

July 14, 2011 at 8:03 am |
    • rgcheek

@'reality', lol
      Like that crap isnt heard day in and day out from mouth-breathing village atheists? And you think it will 'fix' anything?
      The Christians of Eastern Europe survived decades of persecution, violence and imprisonment by the Soviets and in Vietname it still goes on.
      And yet Christianity thrives and always will.
      Such situations are merely opportunities for us to illustrate faith in the hereafter, that we *know* exists, despite the blind secular materialism of simple minds like yours.

July 14, 2011 at 9:58 am |
    • TR in ATL

And who made you the all-knowing One? When you decide you're not going to die, then I may listen to you. But for now, the Creator of the universe (remember "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth"?) has my unfailing trust that He's in control.

July 14, 2011 at 10:32 am |
    • twolfhound

@rgcheek – It will always survive... I'm sure the Romans, Norse, Greek and Egyptians said that same thing about 3,000 years ago... Though, I guess in some way it still does in the neo-pagans. Maybe you're right. It may be obscure, outdated and generally overlooked by the mass population, but it will still survive.

July 14, 2011 at 10:32 am |
    • Tom P

Religion will continue to thrive because there will always be a percentage of the population that is uneducated and can't think for themselves.

July 14, 2011 at 10:38 am |
    • Peter

'ABRAHAM AND MOSES PROBABLY NEVER EXISTED.'

Actually they probably did exist. Many of the people mentioned in the Bible have been shown to be real. Not all have been demonstrated to have done everything the Bible attributes to them but they still existed. Moses almost certainly existed as there is someone mentioned in Egyptian sources with a very similar name as a person who was responsible for leading Jewish individuals out of Egypt. The name is so close it is likely that the differences are due to language differences.

July 14, 2011 at 11:47 am |
    • Reality

Only for the those interested in a religious update:

1. origin: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20E1EFE35540C7A8CDDAA0894DA404482

"New Torah For Modern Minds

Abraham, the Jewish patriarch, probably never existed. Nor did Moses. The entire Exodus story as recounted in the Bible probably never occurred. The same is true of the tumbling of the walls of Jericho. And David, far from being the fearless king who built Jerusalem into a mighty capital, was more likely a provincial leader whose reputation was later magnified to provide a rallying point for a fledgling nation.

Such startling propositions – the product of findings by archaeologists digging in Israel and its environs over the last 25 years – have gained wide acceptance among non-Orthodox rabbis. But there has been no attempt to disseminate these ideas or to discuss them with the laity – until now.

The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, which represents the 1.5 million Conservative Jews in the United States, has just issued a new Torah and commentary, the first for Conservatives in more than 60 years. Called "Etz Hayim" ("Tree of Life" in Hebrew), it offers an interpretation that incorporates the latest findings from archaeology, philology, anthropology and the study of ancient cultures. To the editors who worked on the book, it represents one of the boldest efforts ever to introduce into the religious mainstream a view of the Bible as a human rather than divine docu-ment.

2. Jesus was an illiterate Jewish peasant/carpenter/simple preacher man who suffered from hallucinations (or “mythicizing” from P, M, M, L and J) and who has been characterized anywhere from the Messiah from Nazareth to a mythical character from mythical Nazareth to a ma-mzer from Nazareth (Professor Bruce Chilton, in his book Rabbi Jesus). An-alyses of Jesus’ life by many contemporary NT scholars (e.g. Professors Crossan, Borg and Fredriksen, ) via the NT and related doc-uments have concluded that only about 30% of Jesus' sayings and ways noted in the NT were authentic. The rest being embellishments (e.g. miracles)/hallucinations made/had by the NT authors to impress various Christian, Jewish and Pagan sects.

The 30% of the NT that is "authentic Jesus" like everything in life was borrowed/plagiarized and/or improved from those who came before. In Jesus' case, it was the ways and sayings of the Babylonians, Greeks, Persians, Egyptians, Hitt-ites, Canaanites, OT, John the Baptizer and possibly the ways and sayings of traveling Greek Cynics.
      earlychristianwritings.com/theories.html

For added "pizzazz", Catholic theologians divided god the singularity into three persons and invented atonement as an added guilt trip for the "pew people" to go along with this trinity of overseers. By doing so, they made god the padre into god the "filicider".

Current RCC problems:

Pedophiliac priests, an all-male, mostly white hierarchy, atonement theology and original sin!!!!
      3. Luther, Calvin, Joe Smith, Henry VIII, Wesley, Roger Williams, the Great “Babs” et al, founders of Christian-based religions or combination religions also suffered from the belief in/hallucinations of "pretty wingie thingie" visits and "prophecies" for profits analogous to the myths of Catholicism (resurrections, apparitions, ascensions and immacu-late co-nceptions).

Current problems:

Adulterous preachers, pedophiliac clerics, "propheteering/ profiteering" evangelicals and atonement theology,

4. Mohammed was an illiterate, womanizing, lust and greed-driven, warmongering, hallucinating Arab, who also had embellishing/hallucinating/plagiarizing scribal biographers who not only added "angels" and flying chariots to the koran but also a militaristic agenda to support the plundering and looting of the lands of non-believers.
      This agenda continues as shown by the ma-ssacre in Mumbai, the as-sas-sinations of Bhutto and Theo Van Gogh, the conduct of the seven Muslim doctors in the UK, the 9/11 terrorists, the 24/7 Sunni suicide/roadside/market/mosque bombers, the 24/7 Shiite suicide/roadside/market/mosque bombers, the Islamic bombers of the trains in the UK and Spain, the Bali crazies, the Kenya crazies, the Pakistani “koranics”, the Palestine suicide bombers/rocketeers, the Lebanese nutcases, the Taliban nut jobs, the Ft. Hood follower of the koran, and the Filipino “koranics”.
      And who funds this muck and stench of terror? The warmongering, Islamic, Shiite terror and torture theocracy of Iran aka the Third Axis of Evil and also the Sunni "Wannabees" of Saudi Arabia.

Current crises:

The Sunni-Shiite blood feud and the warmongering, womanizing (11 wives), hallucinating founder.

5. Hinduism (from an online Hindu site) – "Hinduism cannot be described as an organized religion. It is not founded by any individual. Hinduism is God centered and therefore one can call Hinduism as founded by God, because the answer to the question ‘Who is behind the eternal principles and who makes them work?’ will have to be ‘Cosmic power, Divine power, God’."

The caste/laborer system, reincarnation and cow worship/reverence are problems when saying a fair and rational God founded Hinduism."

Current crises:

The caste system and cow worship/reverence.

6. Buddhism- "Buddhism began in India about 500 years before the birth of Christ. The people living at that time had become disillusioned with certain beliefs of Hinduism including the caste system, which had grown extremely complex. The number of outcasts (those who did not belong to any particular caste) was continuing to grow."
      "However, in Buddhism, like so many other religions, fanciful stories arose concerning events in the life of the founder, Siddhartha Gautama (fifth century B.C.):"

Archaeological discoveries have proved, beyond a doubt, his historical character, but apart from the legends we know very little about the circu-mstances of his life. e.g. Buddha by one legend was supposedly talking when he came out of his mother's womb.

Bottom line: There are many good ways of living but be aware of the hallucinations, embellishments, lies, and myths surrounding the founders and foundations of said rules of life.

Then, apply the Five F rule: "First Find the Flaws, then Fix the Foundations". And finally there will be religious peace and religious awareness in the world!!!!!

July 14, 2011 at 5:36 pm |
    • herbert juarez

Machpelah

July 16, 2011 at 8:03 am |
  9. Eko Fadhillah

not to say that china gov is right, but they're concern are valid, but who will put checks on what the priest in "house" church says? it's not uncommon house of worship (such as unauthorized church) are breeding ground for extremist ... unlike the united state which has other means of controlling population, china is right on the edge of chaos if they ever let go of such measures ... what's best is everyone hold their though, calm down, and avoid provocation ... we do not need anymore blood spilled in the name of religion ....

July 14, 2011 at 6:53 am |
  10. Jam

Islam is just another false prophacy with intentions to kill anyone who disputes or refuses it.

July 14, 2011 at 5:57 am |
    • desert voice (troubledgoodangel or Nathanael or Voiceinthedesert)

Catholic Church has the Pope at its head. It has been determined by Jesus, the Founder of the Church. The Pope is independent of any nation on earth. China will have to badge, or this single issue may cause another world war! How? China will face the rage of more that a billion Christians. This rage, added to other "triggers" will only precipitate another world conflict! China better listen, and fast! China has been playing with fire on many fronts, for too long!

July 14, 2011 at 6:25 am |
    • Kevin Weslyn

The Roman Catholic Church is not synonymous with Christianity.

July 14, 2011 at 9:43 am |
    • Tom P

@desert voice – No surprise here. Just more so called Christians proclaiming war because someone dare not idolize some make believe figure head that you do. Do you really think your god will be happy with you by starting wars and slaughtering innocent people?

July 14, 2011 at 10:48 am |
  11. jeff

it's not bad to trust in god.as a chinese,sometimes,especially read some worst news,like bad milk,mine collape which caused too many people die. the only reason is we lost any brief except money.

July 14, 2011 at 5:21 am |
  12. sokolov

Communism hates the religion, because it is also just a religion, a political one. It has "Holy Books" and "Prophets" and its good in ignoring reality arranging censorship and brain washing. It´s both about manipulating and controlling people. So the selection between religion or communism in China is similar to the freedom to select between the ordinary Plague and Cholera.

July 14, 2011 at 5:09 am |
    • John Richardson

Good one, Sokolov!

July 14, 2011 at 8:23 am |
    • The real john

Thats not why they hate religion. But points for effort.

July 14, 2011 at 11:09 am |
  13. Dinesh

It seems that the Chinese people are happy Buddhists or Atheist. Why convert them to any other religion? Is there any need? I just do not understand the madness of converting people

July 14, 2011 at 4:42 am |
    • Kevin Weslyn

Belief or non-belief is a choice. Conversion is a choice. What a person chooses to believe is, by definition, personal. The problem is that too many people 'believe' without even realizing that is what they are doing. Just growing up in a religion, ideology or dogma is not a genuine reason for participation in one. Humans should learn how to think, not what to think.

July 14, 2011 at 6:13 am |
    • Michael, Chapel Hill

Conversion helped people escape Caste. Those are born into lower Castes, become free as they convert, with natural aspirations for heaven and equality. Moving into Christianity as some people think ,is not conversion but re-birth as God's Children/ into Kingdom of God.

July 14, 2011 at 10:27 am |
    • twolfhound

However you pretty up the words, it's still conversation. Changing from one belief to another, regardless of whether it's right or not, is still conversion. An athiest might say that he's not converting you, he's just helping you see the truth of the true material physical world in which you live. Sounds nice. It's still conversion.

July 14, 2011 at 11:00 am |
  14. Colin

Two competing interests here. I really hope, as China emerges to be a World power, its people reject the Bronze Age silliness of Christianity and, to this end, I would love to see every church in China shuttered. However, it has to be something that occurs naturally, through the scientific education of its people. A government trying to stamp out supersti.tions simply doesn't work. It either drives the superst.ition underground or causes it to be replaced with another piece of nonsense, such as Buddhism, Taoism, Falun Gong, Feng Shui – or some combination thereof.

July 14, 2011 at 4:09 am |
    • #Justsaying

Just wanted to point out that your thoughts on the "scientific education of its people" may need reevaluating... I would suggest that what you really mean is"evolution" Many Chinese have been taught this and believe it strongly.. with no proof and no questions asked. They are now turning to religion in hope of finding some answers. Just because some European Scientist & "Thinkers" of the 20th century killed off god does not mean everyone is convinced he is dead. #justsaying

July 14, 2011 at 7:16 am |
    • Michael, Chapel Hill

I hope you do not want to see millions murdered as what Stalin did in Russia or Hitler did. When God is eliminated from the public life, as someone says," Man will become God." It is disastrous.

July 14, 2011 at 10:30 am |
  15. goldforwow

Are those man getting crazy? I can't believe it. SwagVault

July 14, 2011 at 4:09 am |
  16. Ferd of Aragon

IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH, MAY ALL REGIMES WHICH SUPPRESS CHRSTIANS CRUMBLE! AMEN. Receive Jesus in your life and save your soul from eternal fire. Watch http://viewers.streamingfaith.com/viewer/viewerframes_parent.asp?b=&p=&networkID=3000570&WMP=1&WMPv=7&RPIE=0&RPNAV=0 and witness the Miracles of a Living GOD. Also visit the Synagogues Church of All Nations at http://www.scoan.org for evidence of the existence of God (the Holy Spirt) and you will change for good. Best of luck, just try it and see.

July 14, 2011 at 4:01 am |
  17. muoshu

Tear down all the churches, mosques and other religious trash
    China has no need for them

July 14, 2011 at 3:40 am |
    • victory

excuse ,you are wrong ,China is not limit the churchs , kinds of religious in china are free

July 14, 2011 at 4:11 am |
    • Eric

Eunice Yoon – Do you know what you're talking about? There is no religious freedom in China. That is why people started the underground churches. That is why the government kidnaps, tortures, and disappears Buddhist monks. Have you heard of Kirti Monastery? If you are from China, then no, because the government censors their people so much they don't know about the outside world and freedom of speech, freedom of religion, etc. Please try to spread educate people on the serious problems in China. They are killing Tibetans, oppressing Christians and Muslims...sheltering them all from the outside world.

July 14, 2011 at 4:23 am |
  18. raj

why the video is not working in sri lanka ? blocked by CNN ? why ?

July 14, 2011 at 3:13 am |
  19. George

All prophets are muslims, do like me and convert to Islam. its better for you.

July 14, 2011 at 2:01 am |
    • Mike

Wait. What? All prophets are Muslims? I'm sorry, but this makes no sense.

And what does it have to do with underground churches in China?

July 14, 2011 at 10:06 am |
    • tommas

ALL prophets heard voices, ie they are/were crazy people

July 14, 2011 at 10:13 am |
  20. Brian

"Sherry
    Check yourself into a mental hospital."........................................................I thought "Christians" were not supposed to judge people. You must be one of those senile church ladies who still donate to Jimmy Swaggart.

July 14, 2011 at 1:55 am |