home
RSS
August 4th, 2011

Jury finds Warren Jeffs guilty of sexual assault

By the CNN Wire Staff

San Angelo, Texas (CNN) - A Texas jury found polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs guilty Thursday of two counts of sexual assault on a child.

Jeffs, who represented himself, remained stoic as the verdict was read. Jurors will deliberate again in the sentencing phase. The sect leader could face up to life in prison.

Jurors deliberated for less than four hours, beginning Thursday afternoon after Jeffs stood silently for most of his 30-minute closing argument.

It was the latest dramatic twist in a trial that has included sermon-like speeches about religious freedom and an audio recording that prosecutors allege documents Jeffs' sexual assault of a 12-year-old girl in the presence of three other "wives."

Read the full story here on the latested in the Jeffs trial

« Previous entry
  1. The Pig Of Religion Doesn't Even Have Lipstick

Want to know what Jesus was really like? He was exactly like Warren Jeffs and David Koresh and Joseph Smith and all the other whack-a-doodles who invent gods and religions.

August 6, 2011 at 1:16 am |
    • TruthMatters

Formula of atheism found in CNN blog: The atheistic pigs blaspheme like a hell and no atheist protests the evil; therefore, all atheists are evil.

August 6, 2011 at 2:47 am |
    • The Pig Of Religion Doesn't Even Have Lipstick

Want to know what the disciples were really like? They were psycho-dingbats like TruthMattersJustinaFredericaFairgardenShithead

August 6, 2011 at 10:28 am |
    • The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

No SHEEEEETTTTT Ya little piggly wiggly with a possible nightshade on your g=dhead! 🙂

August 6, 2011 at 11:46 am |
    • pfeffernusse

Formula of Christianity found in CNN blog: The Christians hurl false accusations, call people names, and lie like Hell and no Christian protests the evil; therefore, all Christians are evil.

See how that works? Or doesn’t, in your case.

August 6, 2011 at 5:06 pm |
  2. frank

Why did the Ghost rape little Mary and cuckold Joseph???
    Why did Jesus torture the pigs with demons and kill the tiny tree then have a big grin???
    Why did the Mr Yahweh torture and kill everybody, even all the tiny babies???
    This is bad!!! Why do this happens?!?!?!
    Why do a Christian have a huge creepy smile and say the tortures and slaughters are Good News?!?! They are evil aliens, perhaps???

August 5, 2011 at 8:51 pm |
  3. Bo

@ Disagree, Excuse me, I don't mean to intertrupt, for who ever needs to know what an analology is: it two things simular, one used to explain the other. A parable is a good example, which is a story told to explain a truth.

August 5, 2011 at 7:44 pm |
  4. Bo

______________________________________________________________@ Pauline 12:00pm post: A miracle of implanting? I don't know what you mean by that, but just so it was a miracle. I don't know how Mary concived, it was, as I believe, done by the Holy Spirit, and that is what I believe, thank you, that is my choice. And it was by her consent, so she wasn't r.a..p.e.d. No need to ask for proof, there is none. My belief is based on my faith of evidence. The Bible never does try to prove anything, it only offers evidence. God does not force anyone to believe, He only gives them the choice. So what you choose to believe is up to you. ______________________________________

August 5, 2011 at 5:59 pm |
  5. Disagree

Sigh! He is a Christian godly man!

August 5, 2011 at 4:24 pm |
    • pfeffernusse

Heck, he's God! He said so!

August 6, 2011 at 5:02 pm |
  6. GSA

@Peace2All and @Frogist – have to agree with you 2 that putting him to death will not change things and commend you on your views. I personally would love to see him hanging but I can def. understand that is the easy way out and an eye for an eye does not work however satisfying it would be to see this man gone for good.

August 5, 2011 at 1:08 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

It is far better that he spend the rest of his days behind bars suffering.

August 5, 2011 at 2:22 pm |
    • Just Me

Jeffs is laughing at our court system. Life in prison is a slap on the wrist (a joke to predators). He knows he'll be out in a few years and he'll go back to doing what he's always done (r=a=pp=ing everyone at any time).

August 5, 2011 at 5:21 pm |
    • Frogist

@GSA: It's true. I don't think it will change much of anything for the children who were abused, but I'm not them so I can't say that for sure. I agree with you that I certainly feel the urge to see awful things happen to Jeffs. He is repugnant! It's only human to feel anger over what he did. I think it's giving in to that anger in destructive ways that is a dangerous thing.

August 5, 2011 at 5:54 pm |
    • Put Jeffs in the General Population. They LOVE Child Molesters

@Just Me, you think Warren Jeffs is going to be a rapper when he gets out?

August 6, 2011 at 10:32 am |
  7. Bo

**********************************************************@ Jerry: apparently I used some forbiden word(s) when I tried to answer you before. But, God, nor anyone else wasn guilty of r a.p.e., because Mary was consentual. *******************************************************************************************

August 5, 2011 at 11:42 am |
    • Pauline

Bo, it was a miracle of implanting. You guys are all stupid and filthy.

August 5, 2011 at 12:00 pm |

Pauline

Am iracle of implanting? What was Mary a Chia Pet?

Or was she just another "Desperate Housewife Of Palestine" who got knocked up by her Roman beau and lied to her husband and kid?

If the bimbo had simply been honest, you would ALL be evangelical Jews or Muslims

August 5, 2011 at 12:58 pm |
    • Mike

Ahhh William, you can't prove that Mary was screwin' around any more than Pauline can prove it was imaculate conception. Why do you really feel the need to prove to everyone, that Christianity is fony? Could it be that you once were a strong believer yourself and now feel as cheated as a child who found out Santa is fony?
      Yah, religion is just a form of control. Its a form of control that's been embeded in your mind and your not going to get it out.

August 6, 2011 at 12:02 am |
  8. TruthMatters

The atheistic abusers of children are too numerous to count or list. All who abuse children go to hell, according to the Bible.

August 5, 2011 at 10:52 am |
    • William Demuth

Christians get away with buggery by saying God will kill the victims paretns if they tell.

Your priests are a class act, and a true flesh representation of your deviant Savior.

August 5, 2011 at 10:57 am |
    • DamianKnight

Oh William, so deluded. For something he hates so much, he doesn't even realize that not every Christian faith (in fact most) don't have priests. It's that rash generalization that promotes bigotry, hatred and violence that he speaks so vehemently about due to his all-encompassing generalizations.

August 5, 2011 at 11:13 am |

DamianKnight

This article is proof you are wrong.

These children in this cult are being buggered TODAY all in the name of your God

More lttle girls and boys are having their lives destroyed AS WE SPEAK, yet you do nothing.

If men were hurting children in the name of my God I would kill them before I would let it continue.

So what are YOU and YOUR GOD going to do to save the kids in this cult?

Nothing I am sure.

August 5, 2011 at 11:17 am |
    • DamianKnight

I don't know what God's plans are or what He's doing. Believe it or not, I answer to Him, not the other way around. But I could turn it around on you, as an athiest, if you're so much better, what are YOU doing about it? Oh that's right, you're spewing hatred and filth on a CNN blog.

Yet, you are STILL deluding yourself. There are frequent arguments about whether Mormonism is even a branch of Christianity (one I will not engage in, because I'm not knowledgable enough about Mormonism to speak on it), and this is a cult which branched off of Mormonism. So they are not even affiliated with any, actual established denomination (similar to Westboro Baptist Church).

No denomination, nor clergy member, nor congregation, nor anyone else speak for the entirety of Christianity. Do you understand you are judging 2.1 BILLION people (yes, nearly a third of the world's population) on a few people who commit atrocious acts? Even if there were a 100,000 Warren Jeffs and child-molesting priests, that would be .004% of the entire population of Christians.

If you believe that your average Christian endorses pedophilia, you are not simply an ignorant bigot, you're a fool.

August 5, 2011 at 11:57 am |
    • HeavenSent

William, read Matthew 7 before you continue posting nonsense taken from others that also don't comprehend Jesus' truth in the Bible.

Amen.

August 5, 2011 at 12:05 pm |

DamianKnight

I AM helping.

I have contributed to the defense funds of two different men who have killed preachers who molested children.

August 5, 2011 at 12:37 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

HeavenSent

Amen.

-------
      Why should we believe men who wrote about a zombie christ?????????

August 5, 2011 at 12:41 pm |

Damian

Endorses no, is complicit yes.

Men of POWER in your faith are shielded by your political apparatus.

The Vatican in particular is complicit, and slowly but surely do to the efforts of men like myself are finally being dragged into the light.

It is YOU and the other aplologists who have know about the systemic molestations for decades and have done nothing.

It is time for you to be held accountable.

August 5, 2011 at 12:41 pm |
    • DamianKnight

First, let me say, congrats, you helped with a defense fund. I'm sure your $20 will help big time.

Second, I am not Catholic. I am a Protestant. If you want to say so, I've disassociated myself from Catholicism since 1517, when Martin Luther diseminated his theses. So, your tirades about the Vatican mean little to nothing to me. What would you expect me to do? Deny my beliefs because there are corrupt individuals within a branch of Christianity, one of which I am not affiliated with? Well, I suppose, if I'm going to go that far, I need to disavow my citizenship to the United States too, because how many of our politicians are corrupt? Please, this is sheer ignorance.

Third, and I will state this, child molestors should be punished for their crimes. I don't care if Mother Theresa or Adolf Hitler or Richard Dawkins were caught molesting children. Their religious beliefs have nothing to do with this. It has to do with SICK PEOPLE. There are sick people of all manners of faiths and beliefs, and some which have none.

August 5, 2011 at 1:08 pm |

DamianKnight

My financial efforts are significant, yet irrelevant to the topic at hand.

My answer is simple, because the government fears the church. That is why it is my job to draw attention to it.

August 5, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
    • DamianKnight

Bah. I've tried responding four times. CNN keeps deleting.

August 5, 2011 at 3:17 pm |
    • Disagree

See this is another problem. You hide behind the cloak of your specific faith. "I am a Christian of XYZ faith. What you say is according to this another Christian Faith. So I am covered". Well, you all are Christians – aren't you? You all follow what JC said – don't you? You all believe he is the god (or his son, or whatever) – don't you? So you all are the SAME!!!

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck .. it can't be anything but.

August 5, 2011 at 4:22 pm |
    • DamianKnight

Well, Warren Jeffs molests children. Warren Jeffs is also an American. You're an American. So you must molest children.

See how this logic fails?

August 5, 2011 at 5:03 pm |
    • DamianKnight

"My financial efforts are significant, yet irrelevant to the topic at hand."

You brought it up. But you're right, it is irrelevant.

"As for your version of the infection, I do not care. It is your complicity in its immorality that I condemn. Like the Nazi's at Nuremberg who screamed they had never touched a Jew while they were being hung, your insistence of innocence is immaterial to me."

Are you honestly comparing Christianity to the Nazi party? Ok, I'm not even going to justify that with a response.

"Yes, I DO hold you accountable for the actions of your fellow cult members. I can provide dozens and possibly thousands of examples of Protestants who are just as complicit in immoral behavior who have hidden behind the Bible. Our society is flooded with men who defraud the old, exploit the weak and steal in the name of your savior EVERY day."

Ok...but I wasn't part of them, so that makes me not accountable. Just like your average soldier is not responsible for the actions at Abu Gharib. And I will admit, there are immoral people within the church who do things that defraud and steal from the weak. But there are immoral people in every organization! Christians, Jews, Muslims, athiests, The United States Government, PETA, all of them have immoral people. Why are you singling out Christianity? Shouldn't you be going after immoral people in every organization?

"If you were true in your beliefs you too would be demanding they be held accountable, yet all I hear from you is apologist rhetoric. You STILL avoid the question. Why has no one in the RCC church hierarchy been held criminally responsible for the molestation scandal? Do you fear answering it?"

I've re-read all of your posts. I have never heard you once ask that question. But I will answer it for you. Here it is. I don't know. And I think it's terrible that our justice system hasn't gone after everyone involved, and those who concealed the fact. That said, it still doesn't justify wiping out a religion of 2.1 billion people because of the actions of less than .004% of its adherents. That, sir, is extremisim. It's the same logic Al-Qaida used for killing nearly 3,000 people because America is involved in Middle East politics.

August 5, 2011 at 6:06 pm |
    • Disagree

no idea what the logical analogy you are trying to convey is dude.. Looks like you do not understand what the meaning of "Analogy" is.. I can try to explain it to you in a mathematical notations or some venn diagrams.. But do you think you will get it?

August 5, 2011 at 7:18 pm |
  9. William Demuth

Great news

One Christian Cult leader found guilty.

Can the Cardinals and Pope be far behind?

I hope he is buggered and murdered by inmates.

Perhaps crucifying him on his cell bars might be appropriate.

August 5, 2011 at 10:28 am |
  10. Frogist

Glad to see this guy convicted. I hope they will retry him in Utah. As for the death penalty, I do not support it in any case. As much as we would like to pretend he isn't, Warren Jeffs is still a person. And I can't support a jury, judge, gov't taking his life away for that reason alone.

August 5, 2011 at 9:11 am |
    • HeavenSent

That because you have NO BACKBONE. You'd grow one the day vil enters your life or a loved one's. At this writing, I can tell you've never been touched by those that love and follow satan.

Amen.

August 5, 2011 at 10:32 am |

HeavenSent

Strange that your cult was based on an executed man.

Do you want Jeffers killed so you can claim he really was JC the second?

As for his death, I do NOT want the state to do it, but if an inmate hammered a broom stick from one end to the other of this perv, I would gladly donate a few bucks to the hammerers defense fund.

August 5, 2011 at 10:46 am |
    • Peace2All

@HeavenSent

@Frogist, or anyone else for that matter, that lacks the 'eye for an eye' Christian mentality, doesn't have any relationship to having a "backbone" metaphorically.

Quite the contrary, I think the 'easy' thing is to just kill someone for your revenge, or blood-lust, or because you believe they deserve it.

Arguably, the harder road is to refrain from killing someone, even though they may have committed atrocities.

Hence, someone like @Frogist, I believe to have a "backbone" that is as strong or stronger than anyone.

Regards,

Peace...

August 5, 2011 at 10:52 am |
    • HeavenSent

Peace2All, you are overflowing with dung. Stop smoking that STUFF.

Amen.

August 5, 2011 at 11:37 am |
    • Al

heaven sent ... you sound more like you came from a place slightly warmer than heaven ... why so many xtians come across as being so hateful is something you might want to look into ... your actions do not represent the "one" you worship ... dont you feel disgraceful in the slightest?

August 5, 2011 at 1:39 pm |
    • Just Me

Al, do you know right from wrong?

Isaiah 5:20

August 5, 2011 at 4:55 pm |
    • Frogist

@HeavenSent: I will advise you not to make judgements on people you hardly know. You know nothing about any difficulties I have seen in my lifetime, and I would appreciate you keeping a civil tongue.
      I wonder if you would say the same thing to the parents of Matthew Shepard. When they asked for the life of their son's murderer to be spared knowing the cruelties that were dealt to their child, would you also call them spineless? Or would you take their words to heart? To show "mercy to someone who refused to show any mercy" in rememberance of the kind of gentle, forgiving person their son was. Choosing the non-violent path is always more difficult than taking revenge. We shouldn't become a monster to defeat a monster. I would think that was one thing you might have learned from your Lord Jesus.

Also thanks Peace2All. I appreciate the kind words.

August 5, 2011 at 5:36 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Frogist, I am a SURVIVOR of predators. They destroyed my life (career and personal). I was left as road kill. To this day, they have NO REMORSE for what they do to their victims. Therefore, I do know what the likes of Jeffs is (aka devoid of emotions, abusing folks out of curiosity and sport).

Jesus told us what to do with these folks. Because the majority in the system refuse to head His advice, the predators are allowed to thrive and flourish in our world because folks do not comprehend how the have no emotions.

August 5, 2011 at 8:24 pm |
    • Peace2All

@HeavenSent

You Said: " Peace2All, you are overflowing with dung. Stop smoking that STUFF. "

More crazy talk by you, per normal.

However, I might recommend that you do start smokin' something... as it might free up the ti-tanium steel cage that entraps your thinking and your mind.

-------------------

@Just Me

You Said to @Al " Al, do you know right from wrong? Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! -Isaiah 5:20 "

Another non-reality based response by spouting just more of same as -HeavenSent. Throwing a bible verse at the context here doesn't fit.

If you care to de-code your interpretation of your biblical verse, so we don't assume your meaning, and state what you mean in plain, clear discussion... Maybe we will listen and we will have some reference to have a discussion from.

------------------

@Frogist

Great re-post in response to HeavenSent !

You Said; " Also thanks Peace2All. I appreciate the kind words. "

No problem -Frogist.

Peace...

August 6, 2011 at 11:40 am |
    • pfeffernusse

HeavenSent, I am sorry for your ordeal. But I am also sorry you are mired in revenge and blood-lust. This is not good for your personal healing. Forgiveness is not for the forgive-e…it’s for the forgiver. Didn’t Jesus say, “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; but if you do not forgive men their trespasses neither will your father forgive your trespasses.” Jesus even called out to God to forgive the people who were crucifying him. Christianity is about letting go of hate and trusting the God, the ultimate judge, will tend to the wicked. I never understood the zeal for the death penalty among Christians.

August 6, 2011 at 4:43 pm |
    • Frogist

@HeavenSent: I am sorry for your experience whatever that might have been. I am curious whether your experience could have possibly been as horrific as that of the girls molested by Jeffs or Matthew Shepard's parents though. I would encourage you to ask yourself that. And recognise that if they might have compassion for those who brought them pain, why can't you? That's a personal matter for you to know and figure out. I cannot tell you how to deal with it.
      If your Jesus tells you to kill those who have wronged you, then that is another way for me to despise your Bible and reject your God. Because the way I think of it, it doesn't matter that the perpetrator doesn't feel any remorse. You cannot force someone to feel pity or kindness or remorse. Especially at gunpoint. If that's what you are looking for then, you will be bitter all your life. It's all about what kind of person you want to be. I don't want to be the kind of person who takes revenge, especially if it means someone else has to die for it.

August 9, 2011 at 4:24 pm |
  11. TruthPrevails

In the end it does not matter what 'God' this man believes in. He was found guilty of his crimes and for that he will pay in the here and now, as he should. No judgement day in the afterlife; no death penalty (btw: it has to do with your own personal morals...no belief system in religion or no religion required).
    Keeping people like Warren Jeffs off the streets is the right thing to do.

August 5, 2011 at 6:42 am |
  12. Bo

___________________________________________________________________________ I agree with 'Know What' except I wish they would take that cell phone away from him. And by the way, how is he suppose to re-charge that phone? The electric cord will be considered a possible weapon. There is no way that I believe this animal is a Christian. I find it hard to refer to him as a human! He should have found him guilty of pediphilla (however it is spelled) Perhaps he should spend a lot of time with the Bible while in prision. ___________________________________________________________________________

August 5, 2011 at 1:40 am |
  13. sc341

I wonder if Mitt Romney will have any comments about this. It's doubtful, he's probably still in hiding like he was during the debt ceiling debate.

August 5, 2011 at 12:52 am |
    • William Demuth

One cult member NEVER condemns another.

August 5, 2011 at 10:40 am |
  14. Estevan

Good!

August 5, 2011 at 12:46 am |
  15. fernace

It wasn't religion that caused Jeffs behavior, but his own preverted, twisted mind! The cult was only a handy subterfuge for him to continue without question! It was a premise of his sect & he was the ultimate authority! I hope he stays in prison for a long time, but he's just 1 of millions of molesters! I think it every 1's right to worship if that's what you want to do! It's a whole different situation to help a priest or church member get away with r.a.p.ing children! Common sense should tell you that!!

August 4, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
    • William Demuth

A conservative estimate place the number of buggeries perfomed by priest against American children at 40,000, yet few are in prison.

In fact not a single person in authority has yet to be tried, and probably never will be.

August 5, 2011 at 10:43 am |
    • HotAirAce

@fernace

Classic "defend religion at any cost" thinking...

If this guy had not been convicted of child abuse, you would probably be screaming that he/they have every right to believe whatever they want under "freedom of religion" but as soon as they are caught doing something like this, within their religious beliefs, you brand them a cult, to protect the position of "religion" in general!

August 5, 2011 at 11:17 am |
    • DamianKnight

Let's make a distinction here. Jeffs is a child ra.pist. He is a predator. He used religion as a tool to commit his atrocious acts. But blaming religion for his acts is like blaming the Internet for child po.rn.

August 5, 2011 at 12:34 pm |
    • HotAirAce

Religion, and the US's virtually unlimited tolerance of religion, enabled him to get away with his wacky beliefs and did nothing to protect the children.

August 5, 2011 at 12:53 pm |

DamianKnight

Damian again protects the molesters!

Do you REALLY believe none in the church deserve jail time for hiding, protecting and facilitating the degenerates in your midsts?

August 5, 2011 at 12:54 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

William Demuth

DamianKnight

Damian again protects the molesters!

---–
      He must be catholic

August 5, 2011 at 12:57 pm |
    • DamianKnight

@William,

Wow, way to put words in my mouth. I never said that any organization should protect anyone accused of child molesting. In fact, I think there should be criminal charges brought against those who helped them hide the abuse. It's called harboring a known fugitive. In this case, those who aided and abetted Jeffs in what he was doing (i.e. the parents of the children who allowed it to happen) should be charged as well.

However, the intellectual thinker sees that this is a small cult that branched off from Mormonism. It has nothing to do with religion as a whole. It has to do with a few sickos.

August 5, 2011 at 1:17 pm |
    • SeanNJ

@DamianKnight: Religion doesn't create the "sickos," it just makes it easier for them to hide amongst the rest of the not-so-gifted.

August 5, 2011 at 1:28 pm |
    • DamianKnight

According to William's "logic": There are people who are Christians who have done evil acts, and some within the Catholic Church have hidden these facts to keep the offenders out of jail. Therefore, we should abolish all Christianity.

Similarly, there are police who have done evil acts, and some within law enforcement have hidden these facts to keep the offenders out of jail. Therefore, we should abolish law enforcement.

Also, there are politicians who have done evil acts, and some within their offices have hidden these facts to keep the offenders out of jail. Therefore, we should abolish government.

August 5, 2011 at 1:42 pm |
    • SeanNJ

@DamianKnight: There are plenty of wackos everywhere. The reason why I want to get rid of Christianity is because it's stupid.

What you believe doesn't make any sense. Sorry.

August 5, 2011 at 1:48 pm |
    • HotAirAce

Law enforcement organizations and government are based on facts and recognized rules of conducts, while religion is based on made-up bullish!t generally not subject to public inspection, so your comparisons are worthless.

Time to put religion where it belongs – right beside astrology and alchemy as the greatest con job of all time.

August 5, 2011 at 2:32 pm |
    • DamianKnight

No, they are actually valid. We're not talking about religious doctrines, we're talking about organizations. The church is not a religion. The church is an organization that follows a religion. Just like police officers are not the law, they merely enforce it. And if you believe our government is based on "facts and recognized rules of conducts", well, I can only recommend you stop looking at the belief blog and start reading the politics section of CNN.

August 5, 2011 at 2:47 pm |
    • HotAirAce

I'll try again...

Religion and religious organizations are based on bullish!t largely protected by freedom of religion. This allows them and their cult members to get away with much more than non-religious organizations and individuals.

I didn't claim any organization is without evil-doers.

August 5, 2011 at 4:08 pm |
  16. Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

He better start practicing "relaxing" his hole. It iwll be easier during his "transisiton" into prison.

August 4, 2011 at 7:36 pm |

Touche!

Prison boys like southern fried preacher!

August 5, 2011 at 10:35 am |
  17. Slumberjack

This form of religious inspired abuse is nothing new. Aside from the tragic revelations that have been bought to us by the Catholic Church, the indoctrination of children into these imaginary spacemen cults represents a particularly cruel form of abuse in itself. Describing ones child as a Christian or Jewish or Muslim child is as ridiculous and wicked as describing ones own as a Marxist child, an Aryan Nations child, or a child of Astrology. Religion brooks no thinking for oneself as an adult with a developed presence of mind, let alone the malleable and suggestive minds of childhood. Get them at an early age appears to be a common theme with all religions, a sentiment not necessarily confined to the Catholic priesthood.

August 4, 2011 at 7:08 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Another person that needs to read Matthew 7, especially 13 and 14.

Amen.

August 5, 2011 at 12:25 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

HeavenSent

Another person that needs to read Matthew 7, especially 13 and 14.

Amen.

-----–
      It was written by men long since dead...WHY????????????

August 5, 2011 at 12:28 pm |
  18. HeavenSent

I suppose Utah doesn't have the death penalty in effect?

Amen.

August 4, 2011 at 6:40 pm |
    • Know What

1. This trial was in Texas, not Utah.

2. The death penalty is not imposed for se.xual assault.

August 4, 2011 at 6:53 pm |
    • Know What

Nevertheless, he should be locked up for a long, long time. His phone calls, mail and prison visits should be monitored for susp.icious activity by him in fostering more of these crimes.

August 4, 2011 at 7:04 pm |
    • HeavenSent

I forgot it was in TX. At least TX still has the death penalty on the books. Besides, it's all you bleeding heart non-believers that is ensuring the death penalty be abolished. You did it for the rapists in this country, slapping them on the wrist, allowing them to do time, get out and do it all over again.

Amen.

August 4, 2011 at 7:06 pm |
    • Slumberjack

Christ apparently forgave his torturers and executioners on the cross, but his followers reveal their bloodlust when they trip over one another in calling for executions whenever it suits them. Didn't Christ have the largest bleeding heart? Its funny how we Atheists are often in many respects closer to some of his supposed teachings than the delusional devout. As far as one can tell, he described such poseurs and blood lusting fake believers as Pharisees.

August 4, 2011 at 7:30 pm |
    • JF

I completely agree slumberjack. On Sunday it's "let's all be more like Jesus", but come Monday morning it's "let's fire up the death chamber". The Bible is not the best place to go shopping for your morals.

August 4, 2011 at 7:50 pm |
    • JF

Of course in Matthew 10:34 Jesus says "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword"

Again not the best place for morals.

August 4, 2011 at 7:55 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

Heavensent,, what are you talking about.."bleeding heart non believers" what has not believing in your delusion to do with the death penalty, getting out of prision? why would an atheist not accept the death penalty any more or less than you?

August 5, 2011 at 1:01 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

@HeavenSent
      So true Christians love the death penalty?
      I guess that explains the roman execution devices as ornaments and fashion accessories.

August 5, 2011 at 8:02 am |
    • Civiloutside

Personally, my only issue with the death penalty is that we sometimes get it wrong. Executing innocent people should give anyone pause.

August 5, 2011 at 8:15 am |

Slumberjack

I am an Athiest, and not big on the death penalty, but I would be more than happy to diembowl this punk myself.

As a father, I loathe people who victimize children.

August 5, 2011 at 10:37 am |
    • HeavenSent

Slumberjack and JF,

Jesus specifically told us to send the defective parts of society (pre-meditative murderers and rapists back to Him). You’d know this if you ever read His letter to you (the Bible).

By the way JF,

Jesus’ sword is the TRUTH. You’d know this if you weren’t such a phony baloney through life.

EvolvedDNA,

what? You’re agreeing with me on a serious issue? Praise the Lord. Didn’t think you had it in you.

Doc Vestibule,

the TRUTH about pre-meditated murders and rapists are they looked down their noses at everyone as they prey upon innocents. Destroying others is sport to them.

Civiloutside, true, there are too many liars in this world that love to set up innocent folks. Also, it’s sport to them. That’s why we need recourse and use it against false witnesses.

Amen.

August 5, 2011 at 11:09 am |
  19. Jerry

Can they try Jesus/Jehovah/The Holy Poltergeist in absentia for raping Mary?

August 4, 2011 at 6:35 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Jerry, you're beyond human intervention.

Amen.

August 4, 2011 at 6:49 pm |
    • Slumberjack

It wouldn't hold up Jerry. Apparently she remained intact if we're to understand second hand accounts that emerged centuries later. A jury would rightfully laugh it out of court.

August 4, 2011 at 7:16 pm |
    • Slumberjack

Speaking of Jehovah, does anybody wonder what goes on behind the walls of those windowless 'kingdom halls?'

August 4, 2011 at 7:42 pm |
    • Pauline

August 5, 2011 at 4:15 am |
    • TruthPrevails

"Pauline
      @Jerry, you got God's names wrong. And it wasn't raping but a miracle of implanting. You will go to hell for blasphemy if you don't repent."

and once again, a theist uses threats on a non-believer!! this is getting rather sickening...those threats mean nothing when they can't be proven to be true (when was the last time a person came back from the dead to prove it?).

How about we all mature and start treating each other equally? Religion tends to dismiss the one thing everyone has in common...we are all human no matter what we believe in and those who commit crimes should be punished and the good should be rewarded.
      Until we can set aside the differences that religion allows in this world, we can't possibly enjoy a world of peace.

August 5, 2011 at 6:46 am |
    • Doc Vestibule

@Jerry
      What punishment could be imposed?
      You can't sentence a zombie to the electric chair.

August 5, 2011 at 8:05 am |
    • William Demuth

I thought Ghosts had Halloweenies?

August 5, 2011 at 10:39 am |
    • Normon

August 5, 2011 at 5:22 pm |
    • David Johnson

@Normon

You said: "I don't think felony ra.pe would hold up, but perhaps a civil case for 'wrongful impregnation' would."

Yes, especially if He promised to use protection...

Cheers!