home
RSS
August 6th, 2011

'The Response' in pictures

Houston, Texas (CNN)– CNN'S Jim Acosta and Erika Dimmler are in Texas today for 'The Response' a gathering of Christians for a day of prayer and fasting, headlined by Governor Rick Perry (R) and others.

This is what the event looked like in pictures.

Read more about 'The Response' and it's political implications here and here.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Belief • Christianity • Politics • Rick Perry

« Previous entry
  1. Mike

@peace2all
    let me clarify it. this is not in the bible but when you think about it ,it makes sense.
    God created the earth.
    The big bang theory says that forms of energy collided causing a "big bang".
    Well ghosts are a form of energy. The holy spirit is also known as the holy ghost.
    So since the trinity is the Father (God) the (Son) and the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost) In one.
    So in a sense God did create the earth
    So in that case God must exist
    God Bless

August 10, 2011 at 6:56 pm |
  2. J.W

I think these recessions may be positive in the long run. People will learn now to live within their means, save money, and not acc.umulate large amounts of debt.

August 10, 2011 at 11:02 am |
  3. Faith

God bless American Christians. They are the true hope of the nation.

August 10, 2011 at 2:20 am |
  4. Mike

@peace2all
    same message to you
    your only answer is in the Bible
    God Bless

August 9, 2011 at 11:59 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Mike

Hey -Mike...

I said: " Curious here as to how you 'know' that God "DOES" exist...? "

You then said: "@peace2all...same message to you, your only answer is in the Bible. God Bless. "

So... you 'know' that God DOES exist, because of the Bible...?

Without going into verifiable proof, fallacious circular reasoning, or the difference in believing something to be true vs. absolute fact, I certainly do appreciate your sincere blessing.

Good luck to you.

Regards,

Peace...

August 10, 2011 at 1:43 am |
  5. Mike

@fred
    cause it says so in the bible
    that is the only answer

August 9, 2011 at 11:56 pm |
    • gozer

Mike, re the bible says that the bible says, google "circular argument". Better yet, do the world a favor and spend some time reading up on basic logic at http://fallacyfiles.org. Might cure you of your religion.

August 10, 2011 at 10:47 am |
  6. Muneef

Feeling really sorry for England and Britain for what is happening to them and may GOD get them out of it at best of wisdom & patience...

That how the Middle East Spring started...when an innocent fire breaks out then come the poisonous winds each with a plan to drive up the issue with impossible claims then that develops into becoming an Armed confrontations...
    Soon the Army and Army tanks will be seen on the streets shooting just as happened in Syria now facing similar groups that took advantage of the out break.

August 9, 2011 at 8:38 pm |
    • gozer

Just like your god has fixed all the other problems throughout the Middle East, plus the economy worldwide, and cured nasty diseases and all. Not. Get a brain and get past your supersti-tions, stupid.

August 10, 2011 at 10:49 am |

How nice of you;
      It is The Wickeds of Mankind that have brought up such mess into the World at past & present...
      There is a saying that goes like this " He who digs a hole to trick his brother, it is He who falls into it"...
      It is the seeds of wickedness that men had sown that comes back to all...
      This needs no superst-i-tions....!?

August 10, 2011 at 3:51 pm |
  7. Curious

So if Perry announces that he is running for president and that announcement is subsequently followed by the release that he cheated on his wife, will the prayer service be looked upon as a good move on his part or a bad one?

August 9, 2011 at 6:54 am |
  8. Mike

Bottom line God DOES exist so gozer and evolved DNA you need to turn to him!!!!!!!!

August 8, 2011 at 11:01 pm |
    • Faith

I think EvolvedDNA actually is very much fond of Christians. He/she can't live without us. Such a cute little pitiful rebellious child, you know...

August 8, 2011 at 11:37 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Mike

Curious here as to how you 'know' that God "DOES" exist...?

Peace...

August 9, 2011 at 1:29 am |
    • fred

psst Mike God must exist because Peace2All is looking everywhere for him. He asks everyone that comes onto this site. He knows what God looks like judging from his replys. If you say the God of the Hebrews from the old testament he will be quick to say that's not him that god was mean and demanded obediance. If you say it was Jesus he will say no Jesus was made up by Catholics and God would have been more noticable. Perhaps if Peace2All would just make a sketch so we can all be on the lookout.

August 9, 2011 at 1:51 am |
    • Q

@fred – I have no idea where you draw your line of reasoning from. Not speaking for Peace, but the question was a simple means to illustrate the difference between belief and knowledge, particularly when concerning something wholly unverifiable like a deity.

August 9, 2011 at 1:57 am |
    • fred

Q,
      Why would someone look for an ent-ity that they claim does not exist? Why does an athiest claim there is no God because they cannot prove He does not exist.
      Greater minds that mine have Kicked this around since before Christ. Bottom line even Plato agreed that there must be a cause since we see the effect. Major concurance among these thinkers that order does not come about from chaos by random occurance. There is some force behind the effect.

August 9, 2011 at 2:26 am |
    • fred

Q,
      I am not arguing that we can prove God exists, we cannot. What is interesting is that when I point to where the Bible says you cannot prove God that counts for nothing since it came from the Bible yet when Athiests conclude you cannot prove God but have no source of proof it is somehow reliable. When I show how archeologists have validated the Genesis account for the location of the cradle of civilization that part of the Bible still does not count.
      I am continually amazed at the lengths people go to in order to deny God. Man cannot reach God so God has taken it upon himself and revealed who he is in the best way man could possibly understand. This has taken generations. I believe God has masterfully revealed himself such that only those who truly seek with the right heart will ever find Him and the rest will continue to find only what they are seeking.

August 9, 2011 at 2:51 am |
    • gozer

Mike: you lost the genetic lottery and you're stupid and gullible. Your god does not exist and prayer has never, ever made anything happen. Make the best you can of your miserable life before you become worm food and are forgotten.

August 9, 2011 at 7:28 am |
    • Laughing

Awwwww freddie, willful ignorance does not become you nor does it at any moment verify any of the statements you made. You might want to read over all your arguments and try to figure out why atheists find your entire line of reasoning pretty ridiculous to the extreme. When you say that scientists have verified genesis by figuring out the cradle of civililzation was in modern day Iraq, that's just all sorts of wrong. There's a theory that man started out in the fertile crescent, BUT in no way verfies genesis. There's also proof that modern man began in Africa and traveled from there.

Secondly, when you say something can't be proven to exist, usually most people take that as a way to show people that something doesn't exist. Our proof is the very fact that there is zero proof that any god exists, let alone your specific god.

August 9, 2011 at 10:34 am |
    • SeanNJ

@fred: You said, "I believe God has masterfully revealed himself such that only those who truly seek with the right heart will ever find Him and the rest will continue to find only what they are seeking."

That's not masterful. It's inept.

August 9, 2011 at 10:38 am |
    • Peace2All

@Fred

Good morning -Fred...

Actually, you must have me lumped in with a group that seems to say those things you mentioned.

Please... don't put words in my mouth that I haven't said here on the blogs. I am aware that sometimes my questioning could appear that I am out to disprove that there is a God, but I'm not.

As @Q rightfully pointed out, I was merely asking a question of @Mike about how he "knows" that "God DOES exist ?"

And there is a difference between 'believing' something and 'fact.' I am interested in hearing about people's beliefs as to how they 'know' that God exists. And yes... sometimes I will call them on their terrible logic or reasoning or science that is used to try and back up 'why' they 'know' God exists.

However, as one of the first posters here when this blog opened up over a year ago, and have consistently been posting here... I have 'never' said I 'know' God doesn't or does exist.

I am an agnostic in the sense of I really make -0- claims either way, as it is in my opinion a waste of my time to try and argue either way such things. However, again... I have and still do take issue with what people put out there as alleged 'evidence' for their being a God.

So, I don't know... maybe there is... maybe there isn't, (a god/s) and I am even more concerned about how the 'believers' 'beliefs' translate into government and social policy... as actions.

So, there you go. If... 'you' would like to try and state how 'you' 'know' that God exists (if that is your position) I'd love to hear it, since it seems that @Mike hasn't come back to answer my question yet.

And, if you do... yes... I may call you on your terrible logic, reasoning, science, etc... and yet still be curious as to what your experiences are.

If you had been around long enough on these 'belief blogs' then, you would have already known my positions, and I wouldn't have had to correct you, and we could have already been having a possibly interesting conversation on the nature of existence.

Look forward to hearing your reply.

Regards,

Peace...

August 9, 2011 at 11:16 am |
    • Frogist

@fred: Come now. I thought you wanted us non-believers to seek out God. Apparently, you don't really want that. Otherwise you would have welcomed Peace2All asking how another believer "knows" God. And still no answer to the question. We sought in the past. We seek in the present. And we may even seek in the future. Just like believers want us to. But what believers can't accept is that the answer is more than likely to remain the same: no response at all.

August 9, 2011 at 2:49 pm |
    • fred

I have no idea how you guys keep track of all these threads. I just dug this one up because Peace2all made reference to it on another post. Anyway, my point was no matter what I say someone comes back at me and says that is not god and your God is a myth etc.
      So I started noticing that there is an image of the God of the Bible developing on this site and that image is the opposite of what I see. Let me summarize what the A team (agnostis, athiests other non believers) sees. God is a; liar, myth, fairy tail, invisable man, baby killer, incompetent, non exsistant, not nearly as smart as the people on these blogs, writes hate speach, intollerant, dispised, stupid, no different than all the other gods, does not perform miracles, is not a creator, unfair, unjust, immoral, condones ra.pe / slavery / in-cest / mass murder, not perfect, had to borrow his image from other gods, eats family members, creats delusions, uses deception and mind control so he can condem you, condems sabath workers / gays / non vir.gins, He is an it, hates familys, created he.ll just to torture unfairly, punisher, disporportionate punisher, not Divine, cant write worth beans, contaticts himself, can't get anyone to follow for any lenght of time, made the devil, created evil.
      Ok, I get the picture but why would you guys want to tick Him off so?

The B team (believers) are in awe of the creator, we love Him for having revealed himself to us, we worship Him and try to bring glory to His Name, we see the way, the truth and the light as revealed through Jesus, we are thankful for the gift of grace and mercy, we are aware of our many failures and inability to follow the simple guidelines set out by Jesus, we are truly sorry for falling into bigotry, we spend a lot of time repenting. Recognizing how far we are from the holiness of God our only hope is to beleive Jesus and follow Him.
      The Bible says the A team will pick on us for our foolish understandings and our only response is to show love and be of help any way we can. How are we doing on that front ?

August 10, 2011 at 1:46 am |
    • Peace2All

@Fred

Hey -Fred...

Yeah, I know... I made reference to it on the 'story telling' article to you, in hopes of bringing you back 'here' to get your comment, as I and some others thought this to be an interesting discussion...and... you seemed to have had some false assumptions about me, personally.

So, with all that you said above, my question again is as I stated to @Mike in the original posting, "How do you 'know' that God DOES exist" (if in fact that is your assertion)...?

Again, I am 'sincerely' curious as to your opinion on this.

Thanks -Fred...

Regards,

Peace...

August 10, 2011 at 1:36 pm |
    • fred

Peace2all,

I only know based on personal experience. I once thought God was only a crutch for the weak. Although never hostile or antagonistic I had a problem with Church and church types. One day after suffering great loss I noticed the Bible in my trunk was bent open to some red lettering along with normal black lettering. Now, the story of how that Bible ended up in my trunk is a long convoluted one, but, I just could never toss it because it meant a lot to Bill who gave it to me. My intent was to someday return it. Curious about the red I began to read just the red words and in a short time was convicted of what a rotten sinner I was. I repented, asked Jesus to save me, cried for a while then read everything in red. I was no longer the same person, all that guilt was gone I had a new start and Jesus took care of everything I could not. Sometime later I find out the red words were the words of Christ and that Bible was called a red letter edition. I found I had a new purpose that consumed me and drove me. As I reflected back in time now I saw Gods handprint over the years and whatever happens today or tomorrow is also through the lens that God is doing something.
      When I read the Bible today God is speaking to me (not in His voice simply my inner voice).

August 10, 2011 at 7:31 pm |
    • fred

Peace2All
      Another way I know is that the Bible unlike any works of Harry Potter continues to amaze me. One particular way is that I note how people get exactly what they were looking for in the Bible. If you seek Gods wonder and Glory as he revealed Himself over the generations of the chosen ones there it is. Those same passages by an unbeliever reveal the character in their heart. You and I could read Potter and notice some Christ like pattern but when we put the book down it was just a fun read. What God reveals of Himself in the Bible makes lasting impact. The pattern of God is He reveals Himself to His chosen where they are in life, this can be gleaned from the Old testament over 2,000 years and now the New Testament for the last 2,000. God for 6,000 years has not left any door open for man to prove or disprove God using mans tools of intellect. Looking at the famous Greek philosophers even they ended up saying there must be cause since we see the effect. We simply cannot even begin to imagine what lies outside of the time and space given to us. Look at our graphic representations of God and how silly they really are. Even Hollywood ends up with George Burns in a white gown smoking a cigar or some other white haired old guy simply because the best artist among us cannot imagine God. awa

August 10, 2011 at 7:58 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Fred

Well, you 'believe' it so... and I can't fault you for having your beliefs. They obviously serve you well.

Thanks for sharing your story with me. I appreciate it.

Respectfully,

Peace...

August 10, 2011 at 8:45 pm |
    • Muneef

Adding my voice to yours that "Mike" is just an imposter that knows not of GOD nor Jesus because he supports violence against innocents bases their skin color,race and religion...and those were never Jesus Christ teachings as we Muslims know it, unless there are things we know not of....?

August 11, 2011 at 1:09 am |
  9. Faith

America will live because of Christians. Rescue the nation from Sodomites and the infant-killing women!

August 8, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

keep your religion out of a woman's body!!

August 9, 2011 at 10:14 am |
    • Adelina

Faith is out of her mind. Pay no attention to her

August 9, 2011 at 10:17 am |
    • Zelda

"Faith is out of her mind."

You have no idea

August 9, 2011 at 10:18 am |
    • FairGarden

"Faith is out of her mind."

I'll second that.

August 9, 2011 at 10:19 am |
    • Muneef

Am sure she is out her mind telling people to accept the bible or shut up??!

August 9, 2011 at 8:29 pm |
    • Muneef

Think she said she has the Cinese or was it the Korean version of Jesus Christ....!

August 9, 2011 at 9:31 pm |
    • Faith

Muneef, stop oppressing infidels and women. That'll ensure you the damnation. These Western blasphemists have given up on having a decent life, but don't give up and read the Bible and get real saving knowledge. My countries are better-off because of Christians, as usual.

August 10, 2011 at 2:17 am |

Faith.
      Stop oppressing the Atheists and the other religious paths...stop picking on men...and better graduate from your 2011 years old book up to the 1400 years old book...!!

August 11, 2011 at 1:02 am |
  10. AGuest9

It's sad when religion and politics are confused by the extremists. We used to accuse the East of this.

August 8, 2011 at 10:00 pm |
  11. gozer

George of no guts, may you find some balls, ones big enough to leave your religious delusion behind. You remain a coward.until then.

August 8, 2011 at 8:36 pm |
    • George

Friend, you have gotten the truth. You have heard it and read it. God is a righteous God and He will judge you. There is no other god besides Him. I feel sorry for you and all those that think like you. You're hatred for God has grown far out of control and oneday you'll give an account for every rant and tirade you've posted. I will not answer your accusations because they are false. May God have mercy on you.

August 9, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
  12. gupsphoo

Yes when things go wrong, start praying instead of working to find real solutions!

That's the kind of politician we need. lol

August 8, 2011 at 7:13 pm |
    • Muneef

You mean when they are wealthy they would be atheist and when bankrupt they become religious and pray? That is not right...it is rather right to pray and consult GOD before every decision is made..!

August 9, 2011 at 1:18 am |
  13. fernace

@ BuddyR, I think you'll need to go back to reading your history, I just graduated this year from a program that included American History! The 1st amendment states that government will not impose a religion on the citizens or prevent them from worshipping how they see fit! That was to prevent the horrid advantage Kings in Brittain had taken in the name of religion, from happening here! In 1802 Thomas Jeffferson coined the phrase "a wall of separation between church & state" in a letter to a baptist preacher! That is all I want the governor of my state to do, uphold the separation! Idon't want politics in my religion or vice versa! That is what my previous post stated, but somehow you translated that into atheism & that I need to move to an other country! This is Not a christian country, it's a secular government with freedom of religion! Educate yourself before you spout nonsense & look folish on blogs!!

August 8, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

@ fernace,

Well then "History Buff" can you tell me what the second sentence of the Declaration of Independence say? (Something about a Creator I think)

August 8, 2011 at 7:24 pm |
    • frenchie

@ Lionly Lamb
      My creators are my parents.

August 8, 2011 at 7:34 pm |
  14. gozer

Rick Perry and his idiot followers prayed, and then the stock markets plunged. Now what are the religious sheeple going to say?

August 8, 2011 at 4:19 pm |
    • George

We were praying that the nation turn its heart to God and seek His guidance. It because that the nation has turned away from God that we have a debt crisis and everything else that goes with it. We spend because we are selfish and sinful people. God calls us to be a holy people and set aside the weights of the world. The debt, and all other problems in our country stem from pulling away from God's mandates. God says, "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." Israel didn't listen either and they ceased to be a nation for almost 1900 years. (The same fate probably awaits us) Israel still does not seeking God the way that they should and soon that will change as well. For those that seek to see miracles, watch and see what transpires in the future. You'll see the accounts of Israel's call back to God mentioned in the Bible come to pass right before your eyes.

The prayer was a plea to God to help this nation come to God. We may not have been a nation under God as we claim, but now is as good a time as any to start. Debt limits and stock prices are of no concern to Christians, doing the will of God is a concern. In Israel, there was a remnant of believers. Today we have a remnant of believers. Everything is just like it was back then. We've borrowed and spent our way into poverty. We've lent ourselves out to other nations and now we're reaping what we've sown.

It is our prayer that we (as a nation) repent and turn to God. We've forsaken Him too long. It's not Obama's fault no more than it's Bush's, CLinton's, Bush Sr, Reagan's, etc. We've been spiraling down for a long time now. Every decade we grow further and further away from God and like the people of Babel we claim that we don't need God. Our greed has caused a financial crisis in our nation and that greed was heightened by a pulling away from God.

August 8, 2011 at 4:57 pm |
    • Bucky Ball

There are 12,000,000 people starving in and around Somalia. 😈

August 8, 2011 at 5:02 pm |
    • gozer

To translate what George was trying to say:

"Whoops. We fscked up big. Our god doesn't exist and our prayers did nothing but we don't have the courage to admit it so we'll change the subject."

Nice try at changing the subject, George, but you failed.

August 8, 2011 at 6:11 pm |
    • George

My friend, you are sorely misled and in no way did I change the subject. My apologies if you did not understand. In a nutshell, lack of prayer led to the problem. Hope that helps you understand.

August 8, 2011 at 6:20 pm |
    • gozer

George, you tried to change the subject, and you don't even have the balls to admit it.

August 8, 2011 at 6:22 pm |
    • George

gozer – May God have mercy on you.

August 8, 2011 at 6:40 pm |
    • gozer

George of no guts, may you find some balls, ones big enough to leave your religious delusion behind. You remain a coward.until that happens.

August 8, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
    • Peace2All

@George

Hi -George...

You Said: " It's because the nation has turned away from God that we have a debt crisis and everything else that goes with it. "

So, you are saying 'debt crisis is = we are sinners ' ...?

Really...? I agree, that it is certainly our politicians faults for not dealing with this crisis, and certainly 'we' collectively bare some of the responsibility on that, but what does a God have to do with any of this, really...? Are you saying we have 'displeased' he/she/it...?

Respectfully,

Peace...

August 8, 2011 at 8:38 pm |
    • J.W

So many factors go into the economy that you cant blame it on one thing. Anything from weather, consumer behavior, politician stupidity, unemployment, etc can have a major effect on the economy. And all of those particular things have had a negative effect recently.

August 8, 2011 at 8:46 pm |
    • Evolved DNA

George..if that is your take on reality there is really no hope for you. May be god did not answer the prayers because he was trying to tell you he does not exist.

August 8, 2011 at 8:49 pm |

George...

Think you are saying that they misused the wealth entrusted to them by God from their land natural resources in transgressing against people and religion charging towards wars for a reason and no reason...allowing filth of all kinds while encouraging and educating all that no GOD exists... For helping tyrants against the weaker one's....GOD hears all those wronged,oppressed,aggrieved and victims of injustice whether they were Muslims or non Muslims whether in the West or in the East who pray asking him to destroy the tyrants....

August 9, 2011 at 1:00 am |
    • Muneef

GOD had listened to the East and gave them the Middle East Spring and now targeting the "NATO" alliance started with Ja-p-an,followed by the US&Europe debt crises, then the Israeli Spring, now maybe the British Spring that will spread to all of the west... GOD said that "They plot but GOD is the best plotter of all" where he turns what they plotted to become against them rather than for them...

August 9, 2011 at 1:04 am |
  15. Reality

• There was no Abraham i.e. the foundations of Judaism, Christianity and Islam are non-existent.

• There was no Moses i.e the pillars of Judaism, Christianity and Islam have no strength of purpose.

• There was no Easter i.e. Christianity completely fails as a religion.

• There was no Moroni i.e. Mormonism is nothing more than a business cult.

• Fat Buddhas here, skinny Buddhas there, reincarnated Buddhas everywhere makes for a no on Buddhism

August 8, 2011 at 3:29 pm |
    • George

I'm saddened to hear that. God loves you though. Even if you do not believe in Him, He sent His Son to die on the cross for you. While we were still sinners and the Bible even says that we were the enemies of God, Christ died for us. I know it's a hard concept to understand. I try my best to explain it the best I can but it's mostly taken on faith. That's why it makes no sense to some people because you base your entire existence on Someone you cannot see, but blessed are those that have not seen and still believe. The Bible claims that over 500 people saw the resurrected Christ and some of them wrote accounts of it. The 12 apostles we willing to go to their deaths for Him after seeing Him resurrected. Beforehand they were cowards and were in hiding, afterward they were bold and empowered. Those accounts alone may still not be enough to convince you, but hopefully you will not harden your heart for too long.

August 8, 2011 at 3:50 pm |
    • GodPot

Reality – The planet Pandora nor it's deity Eywa exist.
      George – I'm sorry to hear that. Eywa loves you though.

August 8, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
    • Reality

George,

From Professor Crossan's book, "Who is Jesus" co-authored with Richard Watts)

"Moreover, an atonement theology that says God sacrifices his own son in place of humans who needed to be punished for their sins might make some Christians love Jesus, but it is an obscene picture of God. It is almost heavenly child abuse, and may infect our imagination at more earthly levels as well. I do not want to express my faith through a theology that pictures God demanding blood sacrifices in order to be reconciled to us."

"Traditionally, Christians have said, 'See how Christ's passion was foretold by the prophets." Actually, it was the other way around. The Hebrew prophets did not predict the events of Jesus' last week; rather, many of those Christian stories were created to fit the ancient prophecies in order to show that Jesus, despite his execution, was still and always held in the hands of God."

"In terms of divine consistency, I do not think that anyone, anywhere, at any time, including Jesus, brings dead people back to life."

August 8, 2011 at 7:26 pm |
    • S.T.

Hey George which religion is right George? You've got Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Mormonism, ancient gods of Greece, Shintoism, Scientology, etc... How did you come to the conclusion your religion is right? Is it because someone told you so? Because if you have a direct line to any god seek psychiatric help.

August 9, 2011 at 12:52 pm |
    • Laughing

@S.T.

The answer to your question is Mormonism, that's right Mormonism is the right one.

August 9, 2011 at 12:57 pm |
  16. George

Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind.” Then some of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these words, and said to Him, “Are we blind also?”
    Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.

The Lord also said, he that has no sin let him cast the first stone. I do not need to tell you of all the harm that muslims have done and are doing in the world. You can read about it just like we've read about Israel.

As for Christians or Jews doing wrong...well we have those that react in anger just like everyone else has. We're not perfect, though some may think that they are. Its that type of thinking that has had a terrible impact on the face of Christianity today. Years ago, a Christian was considered a good person by all, but now we're considered hate-mongers and all kinds of other things. That's because some have allowed themselves to be led by the flesh and not by the Spirit of God. I know some would argue that God advocated the killing of the Canaanites, Hivites, etc...well you'll just have to take that up with God. The Bible tells us that He is Holy and does not tolerate evil. Those nations are portrayed as evil and that would be what we call the wrath of God. God loves people but can not tolerate sin. Even Pharoah hardened his heart so much that God let him go. That's what you find in a lot of situations. We can't begin to tell God what to do or to try to dictate what He should do. He's God! Its as simple as that. Why do wars happen, because of the lusts of our hearts and the rebelliousness in our lives. Our own foolish pride keeps us in constant turmoil. One day, we'll all see God for ourselves. One day you'll see Him face to face. Some people will rejoice and some will go to everlasting shame and torment. You can't enjoy eternity with Him unless you spend this time seeking Him and His rightesousness.

We all have a choice. If we've ever lied or even spoken evil of someone, then we've sinned and have done wrong. No matter what you're religion may be. We all know what is right and wrong. Even children are born with that understanding. To say we have done no wrong, we deceive outselves and the truth is not in us. Hopefully, you'll understand all of this before its too late. God bless you.

August 8, 2011 at 2:39 pm |
    • George

That post was at Muneef.

August 8, 2011 at 2:40 pm |
    • FatAlbert

"If we've ever lied "

So you never told your children about Santa Clause, Easter bunny, tooth fairy, etc...?

August 8, 2011 at 3:08 pm |
    • George

FatAlbert – I have already admitted that all of us have sinned. That includes me as well. None of us is perfect.

It would be better if we could just choose to give up our stubborn wills. But according to Scripture, when we become believers, we retain unrighteous behavior patterns, which can be rather ingrained. God has to permit enough difficulty to enter our lives so that our old "flesh" tendencies are broken. Only then can we yield our hearts to the Lord without reservation. Without Christ we have no conviction of sin, but now, as Christians we do have conviction of sin. We should not persist in living in sin and rebellion but should take up our lives and follow Jesus daily.

We will still stumble and fall short, but now we have God's grace and mercy. Like a parent helping their child, He helps us follow Him. I'm reminded of a time when I saw a child holding his father's hand while crossing the road. The child pulled back and was disobedient, but the father lovingly held on to the child's hand. That's what God does for us. He lovingly hold on to our hands, while we struggle to pull ours away from Him. It's not God that flawed...it's us! As I said before, Christians are not perfect, nor should we claim to be, but we strive to be "like" Jesus. This side of Heaven we'll never attain that glorious perfection, but our command is to take up our cross and follow Him. Ye, we lie. We cheat and steal and everything else under the sun, but those things do not please God. No matter how bad your child may be, they are still your child and hopefully you love them. God is not pleased when we sin, but He still loves us. We all still have a sin nature and we can't get around that. "One" of the worst things in our churches is people that claim they've reached some type of elevated status and they're not susceptible to sin. It's those types of people that should check whether they are saved or not. I couldn't tell you who is and who is not, but the Bible does say that by they're fruit, you'll know them. If they practice sin, then likely they are not. If they strive to live a Christian life and admit their faults and seek to follow Jesus in every step of life...then they are likely to be saved. Hope that answers your question.

August 8, 2011 at 3:38 pm |
    • The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

@ George,

You George wrote, "You can't enjoy eternity with Him unless you spend this time seeking Him and His rightesousness."

Have you ever read the Gospel where scripture states, "SEEK FIRST the kingdom of GOD,,,,,,,," ? I have George and in my searching, I have seen no KIngdom of GOD or even a smaller God's Kingdom(s) here upon this world we live in. I have also read in the KJVB a verse that is written stating, "This world is not of My Kingdom for if it were,,,,,,,,,,,,,"! This verse is said to have been spoken by Christ Jesus Himself. Are you with me so far George? Can you understand what it is I am attempting to let your mind See?

This Kingdom of GOD being NOT of This World is and will never happen to be of this world George, at least if one does believe wholeheartedly the words spoken of by Christ Jesus. This world is so established to give mankinds' ongoing generations a means to live out their Lives in steadfast contemplations of whatever is suited to their living arrangements no matter how different each of us are in Light of their ongoing livelihoods. A person can be an Atheist and as long as such a person obeys the laws of land(s) they live within, GOD is respectful of such a person.

People of the Christendom do try so valiantly to follow GOD's very first born (sub)God of HIS many Sons who, in time became the Lord, Christ Jesus. Such people of valore do mostly find failures after failures be they social or cultural or individual and even religious failures. Faith in a Christian is always tested by Life Experiences. One's answering the calls of Faithfulness can be frought with misgivings. I, being but a flipflopping Believer in Chrsitian Fundamentalisms and soley, I try basing my Faith in the words that were spoken of by the Lord Christ Jesus. This satnd of mine sets me apart from many a christian that are spiritually boundup by the Holy Spirit and cannot relatively think for the sake of thinking for themselves in order to make sound decisions. The "cross" that all Life bares is the "Cross of Death". Will Science find Death's Cure? Maybe somewhere down Time's Trail of Tears. Until then, we should all seek to live in harmony as best as possible and leave to the mal-aligned their own sorrow trees.

Thus Saith I; The Lionly Lamb of the Gods in the Aboveness of my Word.

August 8, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

@ George who wrote, "For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see,,,,,,"

Which Book and chapter and verse please! I searched blueletterbible.com and could find no such scritpture there by George!

August 8, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
    • George

Try John 9:39-41 for the verse you're looking for.

I am not going to be mean to you nor accuse you of anything, like you have done to me. You either accept Jesus as your Savior or you reject Him. It's as simple as that. If you deny Him, He'll deny you. Hopefully, you'll change your mind before He comes again, or your eyes close in death. The gift is free to you. It cost Him His life.

August 8, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
    • George

Lionly – May God have mercy on you.

August 8, 2011 at 6:38 pm |
    • The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

What's the matter George, don't you wish to debate me regarding the words Christ Jesus himself is said to have spoken and so written in the Gospels which once again) are "This WORLD is NOT of My Kingdom" how can you George not see this statement of T R U T H ?

How about this one,,,,,,,,,,,, "Seek ye 1st the Kingdom of God,,,,,,,," Therefore, if this world is Not the Kingdom of God and we are suppose to seek it out 1stly then can you guide me in the righteous direction your emminence? It doesn't say Seek ye 1st Christ Jesus,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Do you know via scripture as to "EXACTLY" Where God's Kingdom is scriptured to be?

August 8, 2011 at 7:19 pm |
    • Reality

Actually, Jesus was a bit "touched". After all he thought he spoke to Satan, thought he changed water into wine, thought he raised Lazarus from the dead etc. In today's world, said Jesus would be declared legally insane.

Or did P, M, M, L and J simply make him into a first century magic-man via their epistles and gospels of semi-fiction? Most contemporary NT experts after thorough analyses of all the scriptures go with the latter magic-man conclusion with J's gospels being mostly fiction.

Obviously, today's followers of Paul et al's "magic-man" are also a bit on the odd side believing in all the Christian mumbo jumbo about bodies resurrecting, and exorcisms, and miracles, and "magic-man atonement, and infallible, old, European, white men, and 24/7 body/blood sacrifices followed by consumption of said sacrifices. Yummy!!!!

So why do we really care what a first century CE, illiterate, long-dead, preacher/magic man would do or say?

August 8, 2011 at 7:29 pm |

George.

Thank you for your post and agree with all your lovely words to the last one of it....Am a Muslim and that what does the Quran teach me... May God Bless you too...

August 9, 2011 at 12:27 am |

George.
      But one thing is not right or any religious in it...the killing or kicking people off their lands...is not religious it is invasion of land and people... Therefore not part of the deal...nor to the invasion of any Arabic or Islamic country because then we will seek the road to GOD through Martyr-don....!

August 9, 2011 at 12:35 am |
    • Reality

Muneef, Muneef, Muneef,

If the flaws of Mormonism were removed i.e. all references to Moroni and his revelations and if the flaws of Islam were removed i.e. all references to Gabriel and his revelations, there would hardly be anything left in either religion other then some version of the Commandments. Finally the start of the Utopia of Religious Convergence!!!!

Hmmm, what shall we call this potential joining? Musmors? Morms? Musmos? M&Ms? Ismors? Moisls? or Islamorms?

August 9, 2011 at 10:58 am |
    • Reality

Muneef, Muneef, Muneef,

One assumes then that Muslims will leave Pakistan (originally part of India) asap as per the following:

The Muslim Conquest/Invasion of India – 11th to 18th century

■"The likely death toll is somewhere between 2 million and 80 million. The geometric mean of those two limits is 12.7 million. "

August 9, 2011 at 11:01 am |
    • Muneef

So what about the invasion of "Alexander the Great" to India and all the nations that fell ahead of him? Was that OK for you... All that killings in his way were alright since they were not religious...right?

Islam conquered India and freed people from slavery...breaking walls of classes between those classified in the Hindu religion...it was one of the most successful and knowledgeable empires before it's end ... After all they say what goes up must come down... Speed in which depends on who just and rightful they were...

August 9, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
    • Muneef

Islam conquered India and freed people from slavery...breaking walls of classes between those classified in the Hindu religion...it was one of the most successful and knowledgeable empires before it's end ... After all they say what goes up must come down... Speed in which depends on how just and rightful they were in dealing with their people and other nations...

August 9, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • Reality

Muneef,

Refreshing your memory one more time:

The Twenty (or so) Worst Things People Have Done to Each Other:
      http://necrometrics.com/warstatz.htm#u (required reading)

The Muslim Conquest of India

Rank <<<Death Toll <Cause <<Centuries<<<Religions/Groups involved*

1. 63 million Second World War 20C (Christians et al and Communists/atheists vs. Christians et al, Nazi-Pagan and "Shintoists")

2. 40 million Mao Zedong (mostly famine) 20C (Communism)

3. 40 million Genghis Khan 13C (Shamanism or Tengriism)

4. 27 million British India (mostly famine) 19C (Anglican)

5. 25 million Fall of the Ming Dynasty 17C (Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, Chinese folk religion)

6. 20 million Taiping Rebellion 19C ( Confucianism, Buddhism and Chinese folk religion vs. a form of Christianity)

7. 20 million Joseph Stalin 20C (Communism)

8. 19 million Mideast Slave Trade 7C-19C (Islam)

9. 17 million Timur Lenk 14C-15C

10. 16 million Atlantic Slave Trade 15C-19C (Christianity)

11. 15 million First World War 20C (Christians vs. Christians)

12. 15 million Conquest of the Americas 15C-19C (Christians vs. Pagans)

13. 13 million Muslim Conquest of India 11C-18C

14. 10 million An Lushan Revolt 8C

15. 10 million Xin Dynasty 1C

16. 9 million Russian Civil War 20C (Christians vs Communists)

17. 8 million Fall of Rome 5C (Pagans vs. Pagans)

18. 8 million Congo Free State 19C-20C (Christians)

19. 7½ million Thirty Years War 17C (Christians vs Christians)

20. 7½ million Fall of the Yuan Dynasty 14C

*:" Is religion responsible for more violent deaths than any other cause?

A: No, of course not – unless you define religion so broadly as to be meaningless. Just take the four deadliest events of the 20th Century – Two World Wars, Red China and the Soviet Union – no religious motivation there, unless you consider every belief system to be a religion."

Q: So, what you're saying is that religion has never killed anyone.

A: Arrgh... You all-or-nothing people drive me crazy. There are many doc-umented examples where members of one religion try to exterminate the members of another religion. Causation is always complex, but if the only difference between two warring groups is religion, then that certainly sounds like a religious conflict to me. Is it the number one cause of mass homicide in human history? No. Of the 22 worst episodes of mass killing, maybe four were primarily religious. Is that a lot? Well, it's more than the number of wars fought over soccer, or s-ex (The Trojan and Sabine Wars don't even make the list.), but less than the number fought over land, money, glory or prestige.

August 10, 2011 at 7:49 am |
  17. Frogist

omg. Did anyone else see the Vote Jesus T-shirt that guy is wearing in that last pic? I would love one of those! But I think people might not get the satire if I wear it... Maybe if I make Jesus rainbow-colored...
    Also it cannot be said enough that "The Response" was sponsored by the hate group, American Family Association. Read the report from the Southern Poverty law Center:

August 8, 2011 at 2:26 pm |
    • Peace2All

@Frogist

Yes... saw the "Vote Jesus T-shirt" And you're probably right, unless someone 'really' knew you... you wearing one of those, 'most' people would 'not' get the 'satire.'

And... I want one too. We can both get them, and... we can eat 'hash-brown's' from Dunkin' D's... and... we will go to the 'creationism museum' in Kentucky and ride the T-Rex dinosaurs, while watching Noah float by on the ark !!! LOL !!! What do ya' think ?

You know we would be kicked out of the museum soooooooooo fast our crosses would 'spin' around our necks ! 😀

Peace...

August 8, 2011 at 2:55 pm |
    • Frogist

@Peace2All: You totally read my mind! We should sooo do that. It would be an amazing adventure! Like Bill and Ted... but not Bill Clinton and Ted Haggard. Although, if those are the choices, dibs on Bill Clinton! Wow this conversation got random fast!

August 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm |

Haha...Rainbow Jesus..

You are right now of course people made Jesus not only in color but complexion as well...The White had him White with Golden Hair...while Blacks had him Black with curled Dark Hair...Just wonder how would the Chinese version of Jesus would look like?... Do you think a day will come when Jesus in different color fight eachbother about that?
      No wonder now why we are supposed to worship a GOD that has no face,color or complexion as in Islam which has succeeded in having all under one umbrella before it went latter as branches under one umbrella... !!!?

August 9, 2011 at 12:10 am |
    • Peace2All

@Muneef

Ahhh... we love ya' -Muneef !

Peace...

August 9, 2011 at 1:05 am |
    • Muneef

Love you to...as well...just hope I have not misunderstood or messup some thing here with my intervention ?!

August 9, 2011 at 4:35 pm |
    • Muneef

Guess Indian version will have a dot on his forehead....!? Wow this with time in the future will have a very bad terms between those which might become to have different understandings and teachings from each other...
      Then imagine when each of those versions has so many branches as well with different understanding and teachings...
      Wow what a complexity it is and it will become with time...!!

August 9, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
    • Muneef

So you are surely right to start with the "Rainbow Jesus" in advance to dissolve that color discrimination before any future complexities arises,avoiding further separations....! Increase of arising complexities will drive many to adopt Islam being less complicated and that has united all cultures under one umbrella and as equal...in rights...!

August 9, 2011 at 4:54 pm |
  18. Muneef

Picture it in your minds;

August 8, 2011 at 12:09 pm |
    • GodPot

Picture it in your minds... a world with no more fighting over who's God is greater, no more Sharia law or Christian law imposed on anyone. No more killings and executions just because someone claimed they blasphemed, no more Westboro Church shouting their message of hate at grieving family's, no more violence perpetuated by the faithful against those they have labeled less than human because they love someone religion tells them they shouldn't and denies them equal rights, no more making multi-billion dollar governmental spending decisions based on a biblical belief that Israel will somehow play a part in a supernatural battle between good & evil... Just imagine it, a world without religion.

August 8, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
    • Muneef

Did you say you are on the Pot? Religion is not the problem it is rather the hummer,morals and manners that been spoilt are the reason behind all disputes...
      Here you are not happy from religion because they tell you when you are being sinful or try to straighten you...you rather favor the freedoms of sins and evil doings...Because you do not mind having your children or brothers or sisters live in such filth are you saying that....? Are you saying crimes should be allowed and the criminal walk out of court with your mambo jumbo laws where the victim only pays for being peaceful....?? What are you saying please when you wake up from that what ever Pot you had rethink where you want to live in and have kids...? Am not happy with the limited things that happening in my Arabic/Muslim country...what about your part where you have reached to top level of such immoral filths...!

August 8, 2011 at 11:58 pm |
  19. Muneef

Wonder what will be your responses to pictures in the link and if Jesus said any thing about supporting their acts;

These pictures are the same pictures that Jewish people could get the
     Sympathy of the world for what they have suffered with Hitler and his army.
    But now they are doing the same crimes with the Palestinians
    Please try to send
    TO CLEAR THE TRUTH OF THE REAL KILLER
    And cooperate to publish as much as possible

August 8, 2011 at 11:36 am |
  20. George

To the Christians posting on here, I urge you not to be so sarcastic with your answers. Romans says, "Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord."

Jesus did not accuse or attack those who were crucifying Him. The attacks you read are towards God not towards you. I know its very tempting to get upset but try not to do it.

My friends, in the end ALL will know that Jesus is the Christ. That He paid the price for our sins and died. He arose again on the third day and has ascended into Heaven, where He patiently waits to come back and set up His kingdom forever. There is no use trying to convert people on these posts. Your best answer is that God loves you and is waiting for you to come to Him also. He is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentence. (Many will say they've done that and got nowhere) My advice is that you didn't ride a bike the first time you tried either. Try again.

Christians, don't let the enemy steal your joy by arguing on these posts. Present the Gospel and let them do with it as they will. If they harden their hearts, then that's how it has to be. We are not judges, nor do we have room to criticize. We were once like them. Good day to all, and God bless you.

August 8, 2011 at 11:16 am |
    • DamianKnight

Thanks for the reminder, George. 🙂

August 8, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
    • Evolved DNA

George,,,why is it that you consider anyone who asks you questions you have difficulty answering, or does not agree with you as evil. You have many gods roaming the universe of the mind, i am sure you agree with Muneefs version. don't you ? you have no more proof for the existence of his being than yours yet you most likely feel superior in your faith....how can any of that ever lead to peace?

August 8, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
    • Faith

Atheists kill those who disagree with them and stupid pantheists enslave anyone without reasons. Only Christians liberated the whole world with truth, unconditional love and justice.

August 8, 2011 at 11:41 pm |

Evolved DNA.

Guess you have to try it first and see if you do get any superior feeling as the version you accuse us of being from...? Say maybe the person grows wiser with religion and true belief rather than those surrounded by Demons of the night life...seems friend you are Evolving the wrong way...get hold of your self before it is too late... 😉

August 9, 2011 at 1:09 am |
    • gozer

George, take your sickening preaching and shove it.

August 9, 2011 at 7:31 am |