home
RSS
Study: More educated tend to be more religious, by some measures
August 11th, 2011

Study: More educated tend to be more religious, by some measures

By Jim Kavanagh, CNN

People tend to become less religious as they become more educated, right? Not necessarily, according to a new study.

After analyzing data from a large national survey, University of Nebraska-Lincoln sociologist Philip Schwadel found that people actually tend to become more religious - by some definitions, at least - as they further their education.

“It all falls down to what you consider to be religious,” said Schwadel, an assistant professor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. “If it’s simply attending religious services, then no. Highly educated people are not less religious; in fact, they’re more religious.”

“But if it’s saying the Bible is the literal word of God and saying that only one religion is the true religion, then they are less religious,” he continued.

Schwadel used data from the highly regarded General Social Survey, a cumulative and nationally representative survey conducted by the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago biannually since 1972.

Social scientists rely heavily on the “gold standard” General Social Survey, which provides cumulative data collected regularly between 1972 and 2010.

His study will be published in an upcoming edition of the journal Review of Religious Research.

Schwadel found that with each additional year of education:

- The likelihood of attending religious services increased 15%.

- The likelihood of reading the Bible at least occasionally increased by 9%.

- The likelihood of switching to a mainline Protestant denomination - Episcopal, Lutheran, Presbyterian USA or United Methodist - increased by 13%.

Respondents to the General Social Survey were asked whether they believe in God without any doubts; with various levels of doubt; whether they have a different concept of God or a higher power; or whether they didn’t believe in any such thing, Schwadel said.

“With more years of education, you aren’t relatively more likely to say, ‘I don’t believe in God,’” he said. “But you are relatively more likely to say, ‘I believe in a higher power.’”

The findings makes sense to D. Michael Lindsay, president of Gordon College in Massachusetts and author of “Faith in the Halls of Power,” about the growing evangelical Christian elite.

“The more educated a person is in their faith, the more cosmopolitan they are in their religious outlook,” he said. “They’re worldly in the very best sense of the term. They rub shoulders with people of different kinds of faiths every day and as a result they have different visions of what it means to express your faith in the public square.”

“They’re more open-minded, but here’s the thing: They’re no less faithful.”

But a leading voice for atheists says the study’s finding about education increasing certain measures of religiosity may be less straightforward than it appears.

“There are plenty of people who go to church who are not believers,” said Ed Buckner, former president of the group American Atheists. “They go for all sorts of reasons. I don’t mean that they’re all frauds and deceptive, (but) they go for social reasons or (because) that’s what’s expected of them by their families or their peers. Sometimes they go so they can sell more insurance.”

“But there are a lot of atheists in the pews, or at least people who are not committed to and probably haven’t even thought about and examined carefully the religious views that are being expressed in that church.”

The finding that highly educated people gravitated toward mainline Christian denominations suggested class dynamics at work, Buckner argued.

As people become more educated, he said, they move into the middle and upper middle class. “And as they do so,” he said, ”they move into more establishment situations regarding the society, which means they join the churches that are the churches of the elite, or at least of the middle class.”

But Schwadel said respondents were discussing their actual beliefs, not just churchgoing habits.

“What it all says to me is that religion matters to people of all education levels in the United States,” he said. “It’s just that, depending on your level of education, you behave and believe differently.”

So why the widespread perception that intellectuals are less religious, even largely irreligious?

Academics are at least moderately less religious than the general public, Schwadel said.

“When we see these trends, we tend to exaggerate them,” he said. “Most people see a trend and they think everyone’s like that.”

Lindsay thinks there’s more to it than that.

“There has been a concentrated effort by a cohort of very smart people who treat religion as the panacea for the simple-minded,” he said.

Bucker disputes that.

“Do we think that anybody who doesn’t agree with us is an idiot or a fool? Well, some of us do think that,” he said of atheists. “But I don’t think it’s systematically true of everybody in the movement.

“… I mean, I do think they’re wrong. Anybody who believes that there is a sky god out there who is going to do anything good or evil for us, basically anyone who thinks the universe cares about us, is making a mistake,” he continued. “In the words of Richard Dawkins, they’ve been deluded.”

But some people’s religious beliefs are “deeply held and carefully considered,” Buckner said. “And I also realize that some atheists’ lack of religious beliefs are pretty superficial and they haven’t thought things through.

“I have a lot more respect for a religious person who has really considered this, thought it through, read some books that disagree with their point of view and still accepts that position than I do for somebody who just unthinkingly rejects any particular point of view.”

Lindsay said the study could help break down some of society’s religious barriers.

“It’s a problem of perceptions because it fuels the idea that there’s some kind of deeply entrenched culture war where smart people are opposed to religious people, when in fact it’s far more complicated than that,” he said. “And in fact, the old divisions between deeply religious and irreligious probably don’t apply.”

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Atheism • Education • Polls

soundoff (1,651 Responses)
  1. The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

Duh made his comment to AARON on Friday, August 12, 2011 at 3:13 pm, writing, "Aaron you might be correct considering this last post has three spelling errors and more run on sentences signifying nothing but lack of comprehension and writing skills while fueling this malevolent fools ego."

I do admit that my grammaticaliztions are not of pureness. I type as a chicken scratches the ground. I detest the destables who do with no regards of any kind make foolish the wise and ridicule the wisdom thinkers of which I do take issues with and for. Do I have an ego? Do I have a Psyche? Do I have an id? Do I have a mind? Don't all people have these sultry quandries? I am a benevolent fool oh kind Duh! I will not be damned by the likes of people who want to deflate another's written willfulness for the sakes of coming together; those who do indemnify toward others of illnessed' words!

August 12, 2011 at 3:46 pm |
    • Duh

“I am a benevolent fool oh kind Duh”

No, I used the word malevolent fool. Keep writing gibberish signifying zilch filled with another four spelling errors.

August 12, 2011 at 4:58 pm |
  2. J.W

I know there is alot of jealousy here. All you atheists have to do is accept God and you will become intelligent like us Christians.

August 12, 2011 at 3:44 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

Really?

August 12, 2011 at 3:46 pm |
    • J.W

LOL

August 12, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
    • LuminousTruth

you do mean "educated" like bible denying Christians... right? did you read the article at least? since you apparently didn't read the study? don't worry though, its just one silly study. it's not going to stop bible idolaters from believeing that the only way to get to God is through the Bible.

August 13, 2011 at 12:24 am |
  3. Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

test

August 12, 2011 at 3:44 pm |
  4. hehehe

teacher is using the "scientific method" to teach the class about evolution...

TEACHER: Tommy do you see the tree outside?
    TOMMY: Yes.
    TEACHER: Tommy, do you see the grass outside?
    TOMMY: Yes.
    TEACHER: Go outside and look up and see if you can see the sky.
    TOMMY: Okay. (He returned a few minutes later) Yes, I saw the sky.
    TEACHER: Did you see God?
    TOMMY: No.
    TEACHER: That's my point. We can't see God because he isn't there. He doesn't exist.

A little girl spoke up and wanted to ask the boy some questions. The teacher agreed and the little girl questioned the boy.

LITTLE GIRL: Tommy, do you see the tree outside?
    TOMMY: Yes.
    LITTLE GIRL: Tommy do you see the grass outside?
    TOMMY: Yessssss (getting tired of the questions this time).
    LITTLE GIRL: Did you see the sky?
    TOMMY: Yessssss.
    LITTLE GIRL: Tommy, do you see the teacher?
    TOMMY: Yes
    LITTLE GIRL: Do you see the teacher's mind?
    TOMMY: No.
    LITTLE GIRL: Then according to what we were taught today in school, she must not have one!

from the web

August 12, 2011 at 3:31 pm |
    • Stevie7

What part of that post had anything in the least to do with either the scientific method or evolution?

August 12, 2011 at 3:34 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

LITTLE GIRL: Tommy, do you see the teacher?
      TOMMY: Yes
      LITTLE GIRL: Do you see the teacher's mind?
      TOMMY: No.

from the web
      -------------–
      You forgot the rest

LITTLE GIRL: This is why Atheists are stupid
      TOMMY: Hold on
      (Tommy walks over and hits the teacher with a club. He then proceeds to cut the brain out of the teacher)
      TOMMY: Schizo here is the brain and we can all see it. Now where is your God?

August 12, 2011 at 3:38 pm |
    • Will

Evidence of Brain = autopsies, teacher putting sentences together, motor skills, etc.

Evidence of God = story in a book written 2,00 0 years ago.

Evidence hehehe is mentally challenged = his or her post.

August 12, 2011 at 3:45 pm |
    • Entil'za

(Little girl) "Tell me what tool I should use to show you. Your advanced club won't do it."

August 12, 2011 at 3:45 pm |
    • Nonimus

@ACTS,
      You could have gone with an x-ray or mri, but excellent point nonetheless.

August 12, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
    • look

August 12, 2011 at 4:02 pm |
    • Bobby

@look

I hate you.

August 12, 2011 at 4:10 pm |
    • Stevie7

"look how the atheists go at it..what would this world be without their contributions in the form of mindless rambling, gibberish ranting & loathing detest"

Time to look in the mirror. Which one would you be – the pot, or the kettle?

August 12, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
    • look

which being can give life to a pot and a kettle, must be the genious in the Atheist...
      without your grey cells, this world would not have seen some pockets of darkness but for thee!

August 12, 2011 at 4:15 pm |
    • Juggling Squirrel-Jesus

"what would this world be without their contributions in the form of mindless rambling, gibberish ranting & loathing detest

Yes, this world would be a much better place without the likes of Einstein, Dirac, Sagan, Watson, Pavlov, Hawking, Pauling, Joliot-Curie, Franklin, Paine, Frost, or Hemingway. They've contributed nothing.

August 12, 2011 at 4:20 pm |
    • 101

LITTLE GIRL: Tommy, do you see the teacher?
      TOMMY: Yes
      LITTLE GIRL: Do you see the teacher's mind?
      TOMMY: No.

from the web
      -––
      You forgot the rest

LITTLE GIRL: This is why Atheists are stupid
      TOMMY: Hold on
      TOMMY: Schizo here is the brain and we can all see it. Now where is your God?

---------–

OOOPPPPPSSSSSSS!!!!!There is more!

LITTLE GIRL:(Upon seeing TOMMY like a maniac holding the poor teachers brain) EEHHWWWW! THAT'S GROSS!! You must be an ATHEIST, that's the typical thing they can do just to further their cause.

August 14, 2011 at 4:24 am |
    • nora A

poor teacher's*

August 14, 2011 at 4:37 am |
  5. Farrah

Atheists are ignorant and simply aren't smart enough to understand or comprehend God. It's a sad world we live in. That's why we need someone like RIck Perry to lead this country and get us back on track. Google him. He is our next savior.

August 12, 2011 at 3:30 pm |
    • J.W

Faith you spelled your name wrong

August 12, 2011 at 3:31 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

Mindless Adelina/Faith strikes again lol Folks please enjoy the freakshow.

August 12, 2011 at 3:40 pm |
    • Duh

"He is our next savior."

So you are not a Christians since believing in an anti-Christ is an abomination.

August 12, 2011 at 3:41 pm |
  6. The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

AARON in His/Her devious naturalisms did on Fraiday, August 12, 2011 at 2:54 pm post me stating, "“Is it christian to insult and call names? And speaking in tongues is not what you're doing in the least. You're making up words in an attempt to sound sophisticated. Sorry, its not working as you can see from pretty much every reply to every post you have – time to give it up”
    What is humorous about this Lion characters replies is that he seems to be claiming to be an atheist. Now this article is about how Christians are educated and finding God. Therefore, it would make sense then that Lion's posts are incompetent."

You did write, ""“Is it christian to insult and call names?" Does not the Gospels preach to say things in terms of parabolicisms? Yes, I wrote a tonguishness word! Ooops I dun it again! To call someone as Duh a Dumb Duh seems to fit his self-professed namesake. I AARON do not "speak in Tongues"-I write them! "Sophistication oh arrogant theosopher of mindive creulisms who has taken the LOUD NAME "AARON" does speak volumes of hammer-it-home phenoms! People who respond to My Word are of the types and kinds I can in all honesty exude my wastefulness of improprietousness towards my becoming ever the nostalgic condemner of those who follow their en-peer'dnesses' Lamentatives unbecoming the Truthfilled Ones of the Light!

August 12, 2011 at 3:26 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

What???????????

August 12, 2011 at 3:27 pm |
    • Stevie7

I don't know what's more pathetic – that Lionly actually takes the time to write such unintelligible, made-up nonsense, or that the rest of us respond to it.

August 12, 2011 at 3:31 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

Steve, I would respond if he/she would communicate better.

August 12, 2011 at 3:32 pm |
    • Duh

Aaron it's too funny you have aggravated this pitiful soul. There are now 12 spelling errors, more irrational ramblings, signifying nothing but the continuation of fueling this malevolent fool’s ego.

August 12, 2011 at 3:32 pm |
    • AARON

That was my intention Duh because I figured it would reply and continue to prove me right. The replies to it's post makes it obvious I am correct.

August 12, 2011 at 3:40 pm |
    • nora A

Aron, that's presumptuous.. you should listen to stevie7 that you'll be properly guided.

August 14, 2011 at 4:34 am |
  7. someoneelse

Education has more to do with how much time and money you have than intelligence nowadays.

August 12, 2011 at 3:20 pm |
  8. Johnny

Yes, because as we all know, an education makes it easier to believe in something without any evidence whatsoever.

August 12, 2011 at 3:17 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

With the holy zombie spirit you don't need to worry about logic

August 12, 2011 at 3:25 pm |
  9. Sarah Q

The pope advocates fingerblasting little boys. I can't associate with a religion known for such atrocities.

August 12, 2011 at 3:00 pm |
  10. The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

Duh did on Friday, August 12, 2011 at 1:22 pm so decalre, "17 Spelling errors, 3 grammatical errors and more run on sentences. Keep demonstrating your writing is nothing more that the ramblings of an idiot that is posting for their own ego satisfaction."

Christians do speak in tongues Dumb Duh, but I do write in Tongues! Maybe you need to go back tom school Dumb Duh for your written exaultations and evaluations regarding my written of Word is my bond toward believing without blemish that Christ Jesus has saved me from those wishing to persecute my very Word that has been handed to me by the Holy Spirit's apportionment living within and in bewteen every atomized stellar nebulas of my Temple' bodice wherein is the Kingdom of a God I have yet to meet nor do I know my embodiments' God's Name and when I die, I will meet with this creator of my body in hopes of living out a Life there before I am sent to one heaven of immeasurable heavens within the Heaven upon and within our world we call Earth! 🙂

August 12, 2011 at 1:57 pm |
    • Doc Vestibule

@Lionly
      Of course, your english is perfectly cromulent.

August 12, 2011 at 2:00 pm |
    • The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

Sorry CNN Belief Blog log-Moderators but before Duh gets a chance to catch my errors in writing I am now so doing it.

Christians do speak in tongues Dumb Duh, but I do write in tongues! Maybe you need to go back to school Dumb Duh for your written exultations and spewing evaluations regarding my written of Word as being my bond toward believing without blemish that Christ Jesus has saved me and does help me find sullen semblance from those wishing to persecute my very Word that has been handed to me by the Holy Spirit's apportionment who is ever living within and in bewteen every atomized stellar nebulas of my Temple' bodice wherein is the Kingdom of a God! I have yet to meet nor do I know my embodiments' God's Name and when I die, I will meet with this Creator of my body in hopes of living out a Life there before I am sent to one heaven of immeasurable heavens within the Heaven upon and within our world we call Earth!

August 12, 2011 at 2:09 pm |
    • Doc Vestibule

@Lionly
      Right on!
      Punctuation is for losers and communists!

August 12, 2011 at 2:13 pm |
    • Stevie7

Lionly,

Is it christian to insult and call names? And speaking in tongues is not what you're doing in the least. You're making up words in an attempt to sound sophisticated. Sorry, its not working as you can see from pretty much every reply to every post you have – time to give it up.

August 12, 2011 at 2:16 pm |
    • Duh

On your second attempt there is one spelling error on the second post instead of two and more run on sentences. Keep demonstrating your lack of intelligence in your nonsense rambling signifying nothing but more stroking of your personal ego that is severely over inflated.

August 12, 2011 at 2:30 pm |
    • AARON

August 12, 2011 at 2:54 pm |
    • The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

I am of such gladness to have a loyal following of hardened persecutionsts to bellow their fellow and digest the rest. May your de-ath be delayed and you find that which you seek before your eventuality of dye-ing becomes like a steadfast dynamo of quickening. It is my desire to see no one die upon this plain of relativity but as foresakenness does bereave the mindsets of lost hope against the odds of puratisms anguish, those who have made their peace regarding de-ath and have found happiness in so knowing that de-ath is not the end all end all but a New Beginning with New Hopes and New Challenges to be reckoned!

August 12, 2011 at 3:03 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

------------
      What the h@ll are you trying to say?

August 12, 2011 at 3:04 pm |
    • Duh

August 12, 2011 at 3:13 pm |
  11. Johnny

If you don't believe in God, go to hell.

August 12, 2011 at 1:52 pm |
    • NOo..oON

Is that like the sound of one hand clapping?

August 12, 2011 at 2:45 pm |
    • Johnny

@NooN – you are an ignorant bigot.

August 12, 2011 at 2:51 pm |
    • Bobby

If you believe in god, rot in the ground

August 12, 2011 at 2:53 pm |
    • NOo..oON

"ignorant bigot"

Just curious, but how did you get ignorant bigot out of my comment? My comment was alluding to a classical paradoxical Zen question that is supposed to focus the mind and the reason I asked it was that your question seems equally paradoxical in that an Atheist wouldn't believe in hell and therefore wouldn't know how to "go to hell."

August 12, 2011 at 3:00 pm |
    • Johnny

You all no nothing. You are ignorant and will be until you embrace God. My kid is a minister at our local church and he has even SEEN God with his own eyes. Christ will prevail.

August 12, 2011 at 3:42 pm |
    • Bobby

"You all no nothing. You are ignorant"
      I heart irony

August 12, 2011 at 3:47 pm |
    • Stevie7

"My kid is a minister at our local church and he has even SEEN God with his own eyes."

What does he/she/it look like?

August 12, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
    • Johnny

Is there anyone of you could see that I'm spoofing? OH! JEZZZ!

August 14, 2011 at 4:45 am |
  12. Ricardo

Saying that there is a positive correlation between church attendance and education is one thing, though hard to believe. But to suggest that there is a positive correlation between church attendance and intelligence/levels of common sense is blasphemy.

August 12, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
  13. Adam

The belief that it is an acceptable, and indeed commendable, practice to pretend to know things that one necessarily cannot know does not require nor is limited to any specific amount of education. It only requires a personal willingness to lie to others or to oneself regarding one's certainty in various dogmas.

August 12, 2011 at 1:45 pm |
  14. The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

Duh duh responded to one of my lowered posts on Friday, August 12, 2011 at 1:18 pm. complaining as is the case saying, "5 more spelling errors and sounding like an idiot is not a great example of giving thanks to a God that requires his followers to pursue perfection. You are not thanking you’re god you are stroking your own ego with your own babbled nonsense, that is not Christian but the work of Satan."

Perfectionisms of Duhduh is a 3-fold ideology when one does consider the 'Word". One may speak the Word and 2ndly may read the Word, but the most cherished is 3rdly the "Written Word". Such a prunaisionist you are Duhduh. For one being an Atheistic nomentclatured Secularist, I find your subtlety of wordisms to betray your mainline trivialities of blatancies unbecoming your gestations of pure bigotrousness and to use Christendom against me by quoting 'Satan' as being a work of my Word is sheer deviltry of its' finest in embellishments unbecoming a True Secular Atheist of Wisdom's Sake!

August 12, 2011 at 1:44 pm |
    • Duh

7 spelling errors and nonsense continuing to prove you are an idiot possessed with the devil themselves. Keep demonstrating to the world your continued lack of intelligent thought and comprehension.

August 12, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
  15. The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

rob did write me on Friday, August 12, 2011 at 12:13 pm stating, "We get it. Your parents left you the house to yourself and you get to use the interent all day without supervision. Maybe you should use this time on other websites because they are surely coming home soon to check on you."

"My parents are dead and have both been cremated. "

August 12, 2011 at 1:15 pm |
    • Birdman Jr

ouch.

August 12, 2011 at 1:33 pm |
  16. The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

Duh did post to me on Friday, August 12, 2011 at 12:35 pm, stating, "Hey dumb Lion, give it a rest, two spelling errors and one really long run on sentence. If you actually knew what you were talking about you would put some creditability behind your writing, but since you don’t you’re nothing more than an idiot."

I, oh Duh duh, am long winded at times yes, for my Word does quench the ideals and in my writings do I give lamentations and thanks to the Lord and King of all the Gods and Goddesses, Christ Jesus, the redeemer of all souls irregardless. My portion of the Holy Spirit is in fullenness of Fruitions' lamentations within the emotional boundaries of liveliness of worded means and ways unbeoming most lots of folks who do but dribble their written word in bitter sarcasms' bemusements.

August 12, 2011 at 1:11 pm |
    • Duh

August 12, 2011 at 1:18 pm |
  17. The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

The "Crux" of Monotheists Blahblah is that GOD made everything which I find as so being a falsification brought about by too many History orientative Gods and Goddesses and a selfish group of individuals wanted to put an end to all the bickering about whose God is greater or whose God is stronger! GOD, In my most humble perspectives may well have either been spoken into existence and then manifested otherly replicancies of itslef, being but 'as' smalller versions of GOD with powers of GOD hence they were Gods by GOD! In a less humorous way, 'In the Beginning' there was Nothingness and said Nothingness fell in on itself and thusly 'manifested' into being, the Gods. (Bear with me) The leadorialships of the many Gods was a questioning melodrama which did play out in differential divisionings wherefrom came 2 distinctively variable Ideologies. One Ideosyncracy of 1 ideology of Gods thought greatness in size was what mattered but the other ideology regarding the 2nd cluster of Gods viewed size as being irrelevant in as this 1st ideology of the Gods did grow in immensities, while the 2nd set of Gods became so very small in comparison to the enlargements of the Gods that viewed "bigger size" as being the most important value so to say. Hence, The Tree of "Fractal Cosmology" became the normality of the Constant Equation; x around X = X above x or Bigger Gods became the playing fields for the smaller Gods. In today's ongoing debates in scientific reletavisms "Fractal Cosmology" or FC, is a somewhat new perspective and not too many folks are up to speed on what such a philosophy does engender. Basically "FC" entails basically that what can be seen on the 'outside' is also upon the 'inside' materially speaking that is. Another view of this does entail that outer space things such a stellar nebulas have co-dependent smaller versions of themselves, these Sub-atomized stellar-like nebulas being within the confines of inner space,

It is within these 2 dimensions of particle physics, 1 being of greater size and the 2nd being of smaller sizes wherefrom all life did spring up from the inductions surmounted via the smaller of the two dimensions of GOD, one being great in sizes and the Gods so very small stature. Ponder my words and please do not say to me I am stating meaningless dribble because I have thought for quite some time, (years actually) the relevencies of which does consume my days and most of my nights.

As for the case of religious clairvoyencies and/or the subdiffusion of multiple religions, they are all nothing more than humanities' ongoing debauchals of debate-abilities wherein and whereupon stands mankind's Privities of Subjectives in ongoing rapports for one's undeniable needs in wanton freindships thru the ages.

It is a far better ideology to bring back the Gods of Old then to believe in but one GOD who has not brought to us mortals the needs and ways in which to comfort our lives with. Instead of GOD being one's Faith, one can find blind sullenness in knowing the Gods and Goddesses for that which we might believe upon in Word and also in views of as is from the Tv and in theaters.

August 12, 2011 at 12:54 pm |
    • Duh

August 12, 2011 at 1:22 pm |
    • Maybe

Duh,

Would you really rather have Lambzilla out on the streets? It's the best that we can do to keep him at home typing away.

August 12, 2011 at 1:30 pm |
  18. Romney 2012

We need more people in the white house and on the streets reminding people of the Christian morals our country was founded on. We seemed to have lost sight of that. Once you learn to embrace god, you become smarter because god is part of you and he is all-knowing. You can get an MBA and still be unintelligent in terms of faith in god.

August 12, 2011 at 12:21 pm |
    • The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

@ Romney2012,

Your rather subtle usage of the word "god" is a noble but defeatist relativism Romney, for you need to be aware of and use such a word in the triune penmanships of the King's English. When one writes 'god' they are writing about manhood and when one does write the word "God" they write about but one of the Gods whom we envision as being our Lord and soul redeemer Christ Jesus and when one writes the word "GOD", they are stating the Ruler and physical manifestion of all things in outer space and also in inner space places.

August 12, 2011 at 12:30 pm |
    • Duh

August 12, 2011 at 12:35 pm |
    • Birdman Jr

I agree with you, Romney. You could have phrased it a little better, but fundamentally I couldn't agree more.

August 12, 2011 at 1:35 pm |
    • Duh

Lion, two spelling errors and more run on sentences keep demonstrating your lack of intelligence and comprehension of the written word.

August 12, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
    • Fred1

You mean Christian morals like slavery and slaughtering of the American natives

August 12, 2011 at 6:54 pm |
  19. The Lionly Lamb of The Gods Does Roar

Nonimus responded toward one of my belowmented Word thusly stating on Friday, August 12, 2011 at 11:18 am, "How does one come to the visualization of worded undertsanding? You are the last person to talk about "understanding;" your ramblings are practically incomprehensible."

My Word oh huigly developed 'Nonimus' is baseed more upon the 'ramblings' of those who are not well versed or even know the intellectualisms of worded phraseologies of many oh otherly words seldom spoke and/or so written for one's lacking in the knowledges of multiple words of high-mindednesses' laments. Your so stating "your 'ramblings' are practically incomprehensible" gives me hope that you are fathoming to worded potentialities of my righteousness in penmanships' creedences! 🙂

August 12, 2011 at 12:08 pm |
    • rob

August 12, 2011 at 12:13 pm |
    • Seriously

how much crack have you smoked your brain is swish cheese and it shows.

August 12, 2011 at 12:17 pm |
    • Nonimus

Sorry I said anything... I think :~

August 12, 2011 at 12:27 pm |
    • Duh

“My Word oh huigly developed “

That’s why you have 7 spelling errors, 1 grammatical error and one contextual error, which proves you don’t know what you’re talking about.

August 12, 2011 at 12:31 pm |
    • Doc Vestibule

@Duh
      Lionly attended the Don King School of Oratory where he earned his Masterlifical Degreenification in Engloment.itudinationous Speechinarianism

August 12, 2011 at 1:55 pm |
  20. rob

Agnostic is the only way to go. Otherwise you are just another person who has never died telling other people what happens when they die... You don't know, I don't know, we all will never know. Think about it to yourself all you want, but realize you truly do not know.

August 12, 2011 at 12:03 pm |
    • Fred1

Just because I think the christian god is a fairy tale doesn't mean I think I know what happens after death.

August 12, 2011 at 7:52 pm |