home
RSS
August 25th, 2011

Muslim coalition calls for investigation of alleged NYPD surveillance

From Hussein Saddique, CNN

New York (CNN) - New York-area Muslims and civil liberties advocates called Wednesday for investigations and hearings after a report said that in the years since the 9/11 attacks, city police have carried out covert surveillance on Muslims with the help of the Central Intelligence Agency.

"We need the (New York) City Council to hold hearings and to investigate these revelations," said Ramzi Kassem, an associate professor of law at the City University of New York. He supervises CUNY's Creating Law Enforcement Accountability & Responsibility project, which aims to meet the legal needs of New York City Muslims affected by counterterrorism policies.

FULL STORY
- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Islam • New York

1. Bo

=========Goodmorning============== I tried to post that this was a news item yesterday, evidently I used some words are not allowed.

August 25, 2011 at 12:10 pm |
    • BG

@ Bo

Nicely ask -Reality to post the complete list of rules and forbidden words accu mulated over the past year.

August 25, 2011 at 12:20 pm |
    • herbert juarez

sometimes if two post at exactly the same time only one gets through ,it has nothing to do with the "words".If you ask reality anything be prepared for a trip to la la land of unreality.

August 25, 2011 at 12:27 pm |
    • Reality

• The moderators of this blog have set up a secret forbidden word filter which unfortunately not only will delete or put your comment in the dreaded "waiting for moderation" category but also will do the same to words having fragments of these words. For example, "t-it" is in the set but the filter will also pick up words like Hitt-ite, t-itle, beati-tude, practi-tioner and const-tution. Then there are words like "an-al" thereby flagging words like an-alysis and "c-um" flagging acc-umulate or doc-ument. And there is also "r-a-pe", “a-pe” and “gra-pe”, "s-ex", and "hom-ose-xual". You would think that the moderators would have corrected this by now considering the number of times this has been commented on but they have not. To be safe, I typically add hyphens in any word that said filter might judge "of-fensive".

• Make sure the web address does not have any forbidden word or fragment.

Sum Dude routinely updates the list of forbidden words/fragments.

Two of the most filtered words are those containing the fragments "t-it" and "c-um". To quickly check your comments for these fragments, click on "Edit" on the Tool Bar and then "Find" on the menu. Add a fragment (without hyphens) one at a time in the "Find" slot and the offending fragment will be highlighted in your comments before you hit the Post button. Hyphenate the fragment(s) and then hit Post. And remember more than one full web address will also gain a "Waiting for Moderation".

And said moderators still have not solved the chronological placement of comments once the number of comments gets above about 100. They recently have taken to dividing the comments in batches of 50 or so, for some strange reason. Maybe they did this to solve the chronology problem only to make comment reviews beyond the tedious.
      Zeb’s alphabetical listing

o “bad letter combinations / words to avoid if you want to get past the CNN "awaiting moderation" filter:
      Many, if not most, are buried within other words, so use your imagination.
      You can use dashes, spaces, or other characters to modify the "offending" letter combinations.
      --–
      ar-se.....as in Car-se, etc.
      ba-stard
      co-ck.....as in co-ckatiel, co-ckatrice, co-ckleshell, co-ckles, lubco-ck, etc.
      co-on.....as in rac-oon, coc-oon, etc.
      cu-m......as in doc-ument, accu-mulate, circu-mnavigate, circu-mstances, cu-mbersome, cuc-umber, etc.
      cu-nt.....as in Scu-ntthorpe, a city in the UK famous for having problems with filters...!
      do-uche
      ef-fing...as in ef-fing filter
      ft-w......as in soft-ware, delft-ware, swift-water, etc.
      fu-ck......!
      ho-mo.....as in ho-mo sapiens or ho-mose-xual, ho-mogenous, etc.
      ho-rny....as in tho-rny, etc.
      jacka-ss...yet "ass" is allowed by itself.....
      ja-p......as in j-apanese, ja-pan, j-ape, etc.
      ji-sm
      koo-ch....as in koo-chie koo..!
      nip-ple
      pi-s......as in pi-stol, lapi-s, pi-ssed, therapi-st, etc.
      pr-ick....as in pri-ckling, pri-ckles, etc.
      ra-pe.....as in scra-pe, tra-peze, gr-ape, thera-peutic, sara-pe, etc.
      se-x......as in Ess-ex, s-exual, etc.
      sh-@t.....but shat is okay – don't use the @ symbol there.
      sh-it
      sl-ut
      sn-atch
      sp-ic.....as in disp-icable, hosp-ice, consp-icuous, susp-icious, sp-icule, sp-ice, etc.
      ti-t......as in const-itution, att-itude, ent-ities, alt-itude, beat-itude, etc.
      tw-at.....as in wristw-atch, nightw-atchman, etc.
      va-g......as in extrava-gant, va-gina, va-grant, va-gue, sava-ge, etc.
      who-re....as in who're you kidding / don't forget to put in that apostrophe!
      wt-f....also!!!!!!!

There are more, some of them considered "racist", so do not assume that this list is complete.
      -–
      Allowed words / not blocked at all:
      anal
      pubic
      raping (ra-pe is not ok)
      shat (sh-@t is not ok)
      sphincter
      testes
      testicles

The CNN / WordPress filter also filters your EMAIL address and NAME as well – so you might want to check those.

August 25, 2011 at 12:34 pm |
    • BG

"it has nothing to do with the "words"

Pssst.. Herb... it's the words. Or in most cases, word fragments. For instance, ass holes shouldn't as sume.

August 25, 2011 at 12:35 pm |
    • BG

Thx, R. I didn't have it handy.

August 25, 2011 at 12:37 pm |
  2. Rainer Braendlein

Allone the audacity with which the Muslims always demand their rights (also in Germany), shows that there must be something wrong with their religion.

Islam, in a word, means 9/11. It is fully justified, when you call Islam the 9/11-belief. The history of the spread of Islam is a history of bloody Muslim conquests. Look at today Istanbul (former Konstantinopel). This city was Christian for about 1000 years!!! Than (1453 a. D.) it was captured by the Muslim Turks (according to the historian Steven Runciman the Turks slayed a lot of civilians, after they had captured the city). Konstantinopel had been the center of Christianity for a long time. In contrast to the Roman Catholic Church the Greek Church of Konstantinopel was a real Christian Church (not mererly nominal Christian), Luther said.

Imagine an insane Mexican prophet, called Mexammad, would unite all Mexican gangs for a war against New York and would indeed capture it. I think, the whole world would get shocked and would mourn.

What the Turkish disciples of Muhammad did with Konstantinopel, was much worse, than this would be. Konstantinopel was the Queen of the cities. It was a the leading center of culture of the ancient world. The Emperors of Konstantinopel promoted and protected the Christian Church (Greek Church) for centuries.

My claims:

Shutdown of all mosques in the USA and Europe.

Banishment of all Imams.

Banishment of Muslim organizations.

Muslims should not be allowed to work within the army, police or other official agencies.

Note: Single Muslim fellow citizens should not be harmed in any way, but have all rights and duties. It is only about preventing them from seizing influence and power.

Islam means bloodshed, terror, despotism, etc.. History has proven it. The Koran confirms it.

Off with you, wicked Islam!

August 25, 2011 at 11:58 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

Nobody can deny that we spend billions of dollars for anti-terror measures against Islamists. That is a calamity.

We actually would need this money for building vocational schools, kindergartens, universities, churches, etc..

This lousy criminal Muhammad disturbs and harms us still today. What a false prophet and devil he was.

My demand:

Christian missionaries should be sent to Northern Africa and Turkey, in order to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and in order to baptize all Muslims, which wish to convert (no forced baptism!). If necessary the missionaries should be protected by NATO-forces.

August 25, 2011 at 12:30 pm |
  3. HappyMeal

@Damian, Everytime your forefathers fought, they did for us all Earthlings because we learned about freedom and human rights mostly from Americans. And USA literally protected and liberated most of the world last century. You passed down your good con-sti-tutions to us. The British and American missionaries did all the wonderful things in my countries for the first time in history. The reason I love USA very, very much. And it grieves me to see it's turning to a Sodomic society...

August 25, 2011 at 11:58 am |
  4. Doc Vestibule

The muslim community shouldn't feel special.
    Everybody is under surveillance.
    In 2001, America very readily traded privacy for the illusion of security.
    Most will also trade privacy for convenience, myself included.
    This morning I woke up and turned on my tracking device (cell phone) and walked past at least a dozen security cameras to get to the train station, where I was again on camera for the entire trip. Then I was photographed walking into my office building where I swiped a security card IDing me.
    At lunch, I'll use my debit card and add to the pile of information amassed regarding my consumption habits.
    All of my communication, from cell phone to land line to internet, is easily traceable.

August 25, 2011 at 11:58 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@Doc Vestibule

I enjoy your comments, because you are at least earnest.

August 25, 2011 at 12:14 pm |
  5. HappyMeal

@Anti-, I had replied you on miracles. Get back to that page. Biblical miracles had happened as recorded in the Bible and similar miracles all happen still today. I have plenty of my own.

August 25, 2011 at 11:52 am |
    • Bob Lederhosen, Christian

Please tell us of your miracles. I would find them quite interesting

August 25, 2011 at 11:56 am |

HappyMeal

-----
      That does not address my question, rather sidestepping. A recording in the bible is not fact or proof and considered biased. Outside of what is stated in the bible, have they proven any miracles or supernatural events stated in the bible? Otherwise is the bible the only place it is recorded or noted?

August 25, 2011 at 12:00 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

A book written by a person that believes in Santa does not prove Santa exists and flies around with deer.

August 25, 2011 at 12:02 pm |
    • HappyMeal

Bob, I had nothing. Bottom poor. I dreamed about studying English. God brought me to USA when I had nothing and I was able to study! It was like Moses' cro-ssing the Red Sea or Joshua's cro-ssing the Jordan to me!! Many more. I almost got killed many times and sur-vived and am talking to American atheists!

August 25, 2011 at 12:02 pm |
    • Gus

HappyMeal, pick any recent "miracle", and prove that it happened as the result of a divine cause.

Better, yet, explain why your god hates amputees. Despite endless prayers, no lost limb has ever grown back as the result of prayer. http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

August 25, 2011 at 12:06 pm |
    • Why

@Gus, I cannot answer your question, but I always find strength and courage when I watch Nick Vujicic speak about his Faith in God.

August 25, 2011 at 12:12 pm |
    • Gus

HappyMeal, "I almost got killed many times and sur-vived and am talking to American atheists" -the explanation for that is not divine. It's merely one more case of The Anthropic Principle. Google it. Essentially, if you had been one of the people killed in those instances, you wouldn't be here to write about it and bother us. No divine intervention required to explain this; you are merely stupid in trying to invoke a divine explanation.

August 25, 2011 at 12:14 pm |
    • HappyMeal

@Gus, God loves amputees. There are a lot of amputees living with utmost thankfulness.

August 25, 2011 at 12:15 pm |
    • HappyMeal

@Gus: To deniers, nothing is an evidence. Read C. S. Lewis, friend.

August 25, 2011 at 12:16 pm |
    • Gus

"Why", at least you admit that you have no proof for your god. Nick's case is well known to me and he is merely and obviously an example of genetic bad luck / disease as far as growing limbs goes, but again in his case, prayers did not fix his lack of limbs. It's ridiculous and downright stupiud for anyone to take his case as evidence for god; it's just the opposite.

August 25, 2011 at 12:18 pm |
    • Gus

I've read C.S. Lewis. Elaborate on what you are trying to claim. Furthermore, you are wimping out by not taking up my challenge to you. So here it is again, you coward:

Explain why your god hates amputees. Despite endless prayers, no lost limb has ever grown back as the result of prayer. See e.g. http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

August 25, 2011 at 12:20 pm |

@ Gus,

With all due respect, if Christianity and/or the Bible are not to be considered evidence, then I think we can rule out all philosophical arguments which includes The Anthropic Principle.

August 25, 2011 at 12:21 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

So happy....anything outside of the bible that establishes or proves the miracles and supernatural events stated in it? Please clarify. I suspect there should be at least a few that were proven outside of the biased source????

August 25, 2011 at 12:24 pm |
    • Why

I am inspired by Nick for one reason, everybody in this world can complain about some disablity, not tall enough, not strong enough,not thin enough, not genious enough, not courageous enough. In the case of Nick there was extreme physical deformity, he chose not to complain, he chose to use that very same diablity to show the world that in God and God alone a person finds hope for this life, not in limbs or wealth or power in this world.

God DOES Miracles , he has , he is and he will for ages!

August 25, 2011 at 12:24 pm |

DamianKnight

@ Gus,

--------
      I understand christians believe it to be fact and truth. They have faith in the men who wrote it. For clarification purposes, is there any evidence outside of the bible that the miracles and supernatural events took place? Should be a very easy answer for Happy.

August 25, 2011 at 12:27 pm |

@Anti,

I suppose it depends on your definition of "proof." But if you don't believe the proof, then is that a lack of proof or a lack of belief?

August 25, 2011 at 12:29 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

Actually, outside of the respective religions and their books, is there any evidence of the miracles and supernatural events each book speaks if? Surely with all the different religions and their gods, miracles and supernatural events....there is 3rd parties or recorded events to collaborate such claims?

August 25, 2011 at 12:29 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

Damian, that is what I am asking for..... share with me the evidence outrside of the biased text. I am also asking this of any religion and their text.

August 25, 2011 at 12:32 pm |

DamianKnight

@Anti,

------
      Well for starters, lets talk about the flood. Outside of the bible, is there any evidence the whole world was flooded at the same time? Is there evidence to show that the animals could have adapted and spread across the world only 6000 years ago? Is there evidence that from Noah and his kids all the people in different natons adapted and changed features in 6000 years? How do you explain the people in Australia? Is the earth less than 10000 years old? Do we have the 10 commandments made by god? And so on. If you view the bible as you would anything else in life regarding integrity, it lost it a long time ago. It cannot be the Word of a god if it lacks any integrity. You cannot dismiss because you feel warm and fuzzy. You are being dishonest to yourself. The bible is absurd and lacks integrity.

August 25, 2011 at 12:44 pm |

@Anti,

Here's my issue with your question. First off, we need a definition of a miracle. I often see miracles as acts that God does through natural means. For instance, let's take a man dying of cancer. He goes and gets chemotherapy. Now, chemotherapy has far from a 100% rate of curing people. But if chemotherapy kills the cancer and helps him, to you, that would be a natural act of science, to me that's a miracle.

God does not generally, in my experience, for whatever His reasons are, do grand dispalys (like pillars of fire.) God is not a parlor trick magician. I think this is because He wants people to believe in Him by faith and were He to do amazing, undeniable acts, you would not believe in Him by faith, but because your own rational mind could understand it. And even if He did, those determined not to believe in God would still find some other means of explaining it away.

I have severe issue with people saying, "Without the Bible prove XYZ of God." That's like saying, "Without using astronomy and a telescope, prove to me Pluto exists." You're cutting off the main source.

August 25, 2011 at 12:47 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

The new way of thinking for christians is that they do not take it literally. This allows them to deal with the obvious that has come to light since we have been educating ourselves. They are sugar coating the obvious. The relaity is they are stepping closer to putting the bible on the shelf next to the romans and greeks etc.

August 25, 2011 at 12:48 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

Damian, I am talking about the great events recorded in the bible, not everyday life of people and their perception of what is going on around them. Perception of miracles happen in all religions every day. That is a whole other topic to talk about and the dynamics of it being each religion thinks only their god exists. The bible claims XYZ...lets looks at them and see if there is any integrity to the claims.

August 25, 2011 at 12:52 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

Damian, lets move past the miracles for now because in general they are always a personal perception. How can you prove personal perception? Lets look at those crazy events recorded in the bible.

August 25, 2011 at 12:54 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

Damian, this is what I was trying to see how Happy/Naomi/Adleina would comment. So far she has sidestepped and simply said it is in the bible therefore that is proof.

August 25, 2011 at 12:58 pm |
    • HappyMeal

The bible is all I need for proof.

August 25, 2011 at 12:59 pm |

@Anti,

I'm going to sound a little terse here, and I apologize if I offend you, because that is not my intention. However, I'm not going to sit and discuss every story in the Old Testament with you. Sorry, I have other things to do today. If you don't want to believe the stories in the Bible, that's your business. My job is to preach the Word. if you don't accept it, that's fine. I'm also not going to condemn your beliefs, so if you're as happy with yours as I am with mine, then I am pleased to hear that.

August 25, 2011 at 1:03 pm |

DamianKnight

@Anti,

-----
      What??? Why not??? lol My question was aimed at Happy/Naomi/Adelina which of course has chose to ignore. I even left it up to her to pick what she wanted. How a person responds is revealing and even more than what they actually say.

August 25, 2011 at 1:43 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

DamianKnight you a preacher? Actually you seem reasonable to talk with. Just wanted to note this.

August 25, 2011 at 1:55 pm |

@ Anti,

Your question is a compliment to me, but alas, I'm not. I'm just someone who has some real world experience, so I can see both sides of the issue. I wasn't raised in the church. I came to Christianity in my early 20s, so I wasn't raised in the "get right or get left" mentality, of (what I lovingly call) the "fundies." I consider myself a pretty logical person and I examine what I read. I recognize science and believe a lot of what these highly educated men and women say as well. Anyone who doesn't examine all sides of the issue is fooling themselves at best, at worst they are missing out on some important information.

I also understand that Jesus (and therefore God) spoke in parables, so not everything is crystal clear. And convoluting the scripture even more, it is, as you said, written more than 2,000 years ago, so there's some cultural context that's needed. That's why the Bible requires study...and there are times that even I go, "Well, I don't know." But just because I don't know, doesn't mean I don't believe it.

If anyone believes that a Christian has all of the answers, well I have some oceanside property in Nebraska to sell them. 🙂

August 25, 2011 at 2:32 pm |

DamianKnight

@ Anti,

----------------–
      Grew up First Southern Baptist then when I got older went non-denominational and headed towards the path of a preacher then of course to agnostic. The only difference is if I don't know then I simply reserve my opinion until I do know. To believe or not believe is definitive. If a person does not know how can they decide? How can I put my faith in men? My prrof or evidence is the god or gods can speak to me direct if they wish.

August 25, 2011 at 3:04 pm |

@Anti,

You touch upon an excellent point. Putting trust in men. That's always dangerous. I mean, let's look at our government as an example! That's why I don't generally ascribe to a denomination.

I went to a church where they tried to extrapolate on scripture and provide their own definitions. They refer to clergy as "shepherds" and they are meant to help guide us. From there, they came up with this phrase "spiritual covering" which was to act like an umbrella over me. Therefore, they could tell me how to live my life and if I didn't obey them, then I'd step out from their "spiritual covering" and God's protection over my life wouldn't be there. I asked them for scripture showing this principle. They couldn't provide that. Since Christians believe that the Bible is the Word of God, I -always- tell Christians, whenever someone says something, check it against the Bible. If it doesn't add up, that is, at best, their interpretation. At worst, it's an attempt at manipulation.

August 25, 2011 at 3:16 pm |

DamianKnight

@Anti,

.... Since Christians believe that the Bible is the Word of God, I -always- tell Christians, whenever someone says something, check it against the Bible. If it doesn't add up, that is, at best, their interpretation. At worst, it's an attempt at manipulation.

----------

There lies the dilemmam, man is relying on the word of man to validate god or a god's wishes. I find this interesting and how men/women view the word of the gods written by men. This goes beyond christians.
      From my perspective, man is worshipping himself.

August 26, 2011 at 11:56 am |
  6. syzito

Why wouldn't the Feds watch a Muslim community? After all the primary [only] terrorist group that has killed thousands of innocent women and children for the past 40 years has been......guess real hard now.......Muslims. Islam is a religious belief system of domination and worldwide conversion. If Islam is true, then it must dominate the entire Earth ; this is the driving force of Muslim terrorism. According to their Koran this must be accomplished to prove Islam is the only true religious system.Their "moon" god...allah..is a jealous and murderous being that drips with the blood of innocent victims as its calling card. After all they model themselves after their prophet , Mohammad, who was a murdering pedophile.

August 25, 2011 at 11:44 am |
  7. who

shame on you whoever is falsely pretending to be the feisty 'Naomi'

August 25, 2011 at 11:25 am |
    • Naomi

God bless you for saving my honor against the fake Naomi

August 25, 2011 at 11:28 am |
    • Naomi

The first Naomi is a fake. I am Naomi, who is HappyMeal . . . so I guess I am not Naomi now that I am HappyMeal . . . this is all very confusing for a Christian.

August 25, 2011 at 11:37 am |
    • Gus

Christians are generally confused. As well as stupid, gullible, and ignorant.

August 25, 2011 at 12:21 pm |
    • HappyMeal

The above two Naomis are not the original Christian Naomi. Another stupid atheist/s.

August 25, 2011 at 11:21 pm |
    • HappyMeal

If you cannot hear God then you are not a real Christian and lost.

August 26, 2011 at 3:50 pm |
  8. HappyMeal

FBI and CIA need Christian workers.

August 25, 2011 at 11:12 am |
    • DamianKnight

...that sounds like the Inquisition all over again. Yeah, the Catholics did that once. It wasn't that great the first time.

August 25, 2011 at 11:18 am |
    • HappyMeal

Damian, they are dealing with Muslims. The Old Testament really helps. Americans are too different from the nations with thousands of history. Americans push their perv values on others too hard. We non-Westerners are more normal than that including Muslims. Americans were very good and useful until they abolished racism against blacks. Then the whites became very weird afterwards.

August 25, 2011 at 11:25 am |
    • DamianKnight

Wait, wait, back up. Stop. I'm confused. Are you saying that Americans aren't useful because we stopped enslaving African-Americans?

August 25, 2011 at 11:31 am |
    • HappyMeal

Damian, no. When America abolished racism against blacks in 60's – 70's, it did it for the whole world. We learned to stop our own wrong doings by watching America. But shortly after blacks got better treatment, America started to support unrelated all kinds of immoral people that had nothing to do with racial minorities.

August 25, 2011 at 11:37 am |
    • DamianKnight

I suppose I need your definition of "support."

August 25, 2011 at 11:38 am |
    • HappyMeal

Condoning, promoting, forcing to accept immorality as normality or a lifestyle choice when it's clearly a gross sin. Sutting the religious out of the public square. Taking down crosses and 10 commandments monuments, etc, etc.

August 25, 2011 at 11:44 am |

HappyMeal/Adelina/Naomi/Hot Asian Chic
      You still have not addressed my question.
      Lets talk about the imagination of the christians. Have they proven one miracle or supernatural events as fact and truth?

August 25, 2011 at 11:51 am |
    • DamianKnight

We are not a theocracy. If we were to do as you say, we would not be America. We would be something along the lines of Iran, where the Koran and Sharia Law dictate the laws. And look at how THAT is working out. The reason we are so prosperous is because we allow people to think and act in accordance to how they wish (to an extent). Theocracies have never worked.

Look at the example of Jesus. Was he a politician? No. He did not try to change the laws of the land.

I think you'd do better with this analogy. Think of Christians as ambassadors. If an ambassador came to your country and started insulting how you live, the way you think, what you do, you'd turn him away and not listen to anything he had to say. Jesus said we are not of this world (John 15:19), so we are ambassadors of His Kingdom. We must represent Christ, but if they do not listen, we are to turn the other cheek and walk away. (Matthew 5:39, Mark 6:11)

August 25, 2011 at 12:02 pm |
    • HappyMeal

Damian, I know your point. But in consideration of how USA came to exist, the present USA is way too anti-christian. Abnormal. Society must have a godly purpose to strive for. Secularism has gotten the way too much, unfairly. Massive number of unborns are being killed each year and the kids are indoctrinated to be Sodomites in public schools. This is worse than the practice of slavery. Where is Lincoln or Wilberforce? Christians must fight for justice.

August 25, 2011 at 12:09 pm |
    • HappyMeal

Damian, I know your point. But in con-si-deration of how USA came to exist, the present USA is way too anti-christian. Abnormal. Society must have a godly purpose to strive for. Secularism has gotten the way too much, unfairly. Massive number of unborns are being killed each year and the kids are in-doc-trinated to be Sodomites in public schools. This is worse than the practice of slavery. Where is Lincoln or Wilber-force? Christians must fight for justice.

August 25, 2011 at 12:11 pm |
    • DamianKnight

We speak, and if we aren't listened to, we don't force it upon people. Look at Jesus, when they came to arrest Him in the garden. He was not trying to start a rebellion. And that made Him innocent of what they accused Him of. But remember, Christ did not come to condemn the world (John 3:17).

What you preach is the "turn or burn" method of preaching. And while that manner of teaching does have its place (Ecclesiastes 3:1), you will not bring over others to your side on this message board with this style. Instead I recommend that you preach in kindness and gentleness, not condemnation. It is far more effective. 🙂

August 25, 2011 at 12:17 pm |

HappyMeal

----------
      Sorry but you really have no clue, you can't have freedom and a theocracy at the same time. The reality is you want to use force to impose your religious bs. Some christians are not just happy to have their church. They want to turn their government into their church. This is why people like you are viewed as enemies of the free world.

August 25, 2011 at 12:17 pm |
    • HappyMeal

@Damian, Jesus cleansed the Temple and addressed the exploitation and injustice. @Anti- Americans have abnormal fear of theocracy. Look what the tyrannical filthy democracy brought upon your country. Degraded natured citizens no longer respected by the world. What Christians want is to stop the society's infanticide and enforcement of perv immorality. That's all.

August 25, 2011 at 11:28 pm |
  9. HappyMeal

Summary: only the Bible trains common people to fight back against any type of villains. The bullied, oppressed women, slaves, the addicts – anyone in the exploited situation all need literacy and the Bibles to break free from oppression. The Bible shows us when to fight and how to fight and who are our allies and who are our enemies. The best survival and war strategy Book.

August 25, 2011 at 11:11 am |
    • myweightinwords

I can't decide if you really believe the crap you spout or if you are the most dedicated troll I've ever come across.

August 25, 2011 at 11:19 am |
    • Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard!

HappyMeal is a elderly Asian woman with severe mental problems. She is not a troll. She actually believes this stuff.

August 25, 2011 at 11:20 am |
    • Civiloutside

Your posts seem to grow increasingly unhealthy, and of late are treading the border of urging religious violence. It pains me to know you are so deeply wounded by the world, and I can only urge you to seek help.

August 25, 2011 at 11:33 am |
    • HappyMeal

@Civil-, only USA got everything. The rest of the world still waits for a basic kind of liberation. Wake up. You guys are being too sleepy in a peaceful, rich land.

August 25, 2011 at 11:41 am |
    • DamianKnight

The U.S. didn't "get everything." No one handed it to us. We worked hard for it, from the start. Our forefathers lost plenty of family members and friends fighting for our rights. From there, it's been an uphill battle to maintain our way of living.

August 25, 2011 at 11:44 am |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

New log in for Adelina.....get real chic lol

August 25, 2011 at 11:45 am |
    • HappyMeal

@Damian, I know. People like Civil- think the world has settled down like USA. I need to remind him that so many have no basic rights even now and battle strategies for liberation are needed.

August 25, 2011 at 11:47 am |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

HappyMeal/Adelina you still have not addressed my question.

August 25, 2011 at 11:49 am |
    • HappyMeal

@Anti-, I started out as Justina and Adelina wasn't my favorite one. I'm not a chic. Get some manners, atheists.

August 25, 2011 at 11:50 am |
    • Civiloutside

HappyMeal
      I am aware that the rest of the world is not like America. I don't see what that has to do with the observation that you clearly harbor a great well of bitterness and anger, and that your posts indicate that it's only getting worse. Is it meant to excuse your accusatory and hateful tirades? Sorry, but while I can sympathize with your plight (to the limited extent that I know of it), I can also see that much of your rage is directed at the wrong targets, and because of that it is not helpful to you, your cause, or anyone else.

August 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm |
  10. HappyMeal

Extremists have unhealthy zeals to accomplish their goals on earth. Atheists and violence-oriented hedonists don't respect human life. Everyone needs Christian education. Those who scorn Abrahamic religions are villains.

August 25, 2011 at 11:03 am |

...

...

"Atheists and violence-oriented hedonists don't respect human life."

Athiests are to violence-oriented hedonists as Mickey Mouse is to

A) A panzer tank
      B) Starbucks Coffee
      C) Gasoline.

August 25, 2011 at 11:16 am |
    • HappyMeal

Damian! It's me, Naomi. My name was hijacked and an atheists told me to be HappyMeal. Am I still mean? I state facts, though they are not necessarily exclusive facts always.

August 25, 2011 at 11:20 am |
    • DamianKnight

I kinda figured it was you. 🙂 The writing style was similar.

"Atheists and violence-oriented hedonists don't respect human life. Everyone needs Christian education. Those who scorn Abrahamic religions are villains."

I think this is a pretty severe comment. Is it your intent to call athiests callous, murdering villians?

August 25, 2011 at 11:24 am |
    • HappyMeal

Damian, our family saw how athists butchered believers like dirt. Atheists' value is themselves which is the most unreliable in the entire world. They could decry "over-population" and start massacre anytime anywhere. They regard unborn humans as nothing. Also, those who play murder-games( I can never understand their psyche) see humans as mere targets. They should be shipped to Afghanistan but then I'd really feel sorry for Afghans. The West needs Christian values, seriously, Damian.

August 25, 2011 at 11:32 am |

Matthew 5:44

August 25, 2011 at 11:34 am |
    • HappyMeal

Damian, thank you. I do. You are very good.

August 25, 2011 at 11:38 am |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

HappyMeal/Adelina/Naomi you still have not addressed my question.

August 25, 2011 at 11:49 am |
  11. HappyMeal

I think those murder-game-playing youth are far more dangerous than any group of people. Those kids or adults just don't look normal. A by-product of garbage democracy.

August 25, 2011 at 10:59 am |
  12. becool

If I were the CIA, I wouldn't take off any surveilance from any Muslim gathering.. who knows?? Maybe a massacre come down the road..... Keep watching.. no joke!

August 25, 2011 at 10:31 am |
    • Catch A Clue

So you think that terrorists would announce upcoming attacks at gatherings? You really don't understand how terrorist cells work, do you?

August 25, 2011 at 10:34 am |
  13. HappyMeal

Muslims are the best people to be with when they are a minority. They just need some Bible education like anyone else.

August 25, 2011 at 10:13 am |
    • claybigsby

you just need education. period.

August 25, 2011 at 10:19 am |

HappyMeal/Adelina/Naomi
      You still have not addressed my question.

August 25, 2011 at 11:50 am |
  14. compass

dont worry. muslim aint bomb u americans

August 25, 2011 at 9:42 am |
  15. compass

ah its muslim again! they are exclusive group. they like privacy. its me you we and them. dont worry americans , muslim never want to bomb you...yeah right....

August 25, 2011 at 9:40 am |
  16. Reality

For Ramzi Kassem and his fellow Muslims :

The Five Steps To Deprogram 1400 Years of Islamic Myths:

( –The Steps take less than two minutes to finish- simply amazing, two minutes to bring peace and rationality to over one billion lost souls- Priceless!!!)

Are you ready?

Using "The 77 Branches of Islamic "faith" a collection compiled by Imam Bayhaqi as a starting point. In it, he explains the essential virtues that reflect true "faith" (iman) through related Qur’anic verses and Prophetic sayings." i.e. a nice summary of the Koran and Islamic beliefs.

The First Five of the 77 Branches:

"1. Belief in Allah"

aka as God, Yahweh, Zeus, Jehovah, Mother Nature, etc. should be added to your cleansing neurons.

"2. To believe that everything other than Allah was non-existent. Thereafter, Allah Most High created these things and subsequently they came into existence."

Evolution and the Big Bang or the "Gi-b G-nab" (when the universe starts to recycle) are more plausible and the "akas" for Allah should be included if you continue to be a "crea-tionist".

"3. To believe in the existence of angels."

A major item for neuron cleansing. Angels/de-vils are the mythical creations of ancient civilizations, e.g. Hitt-ites, to explain/define natural events, contacts with their gods, big birds, sudden winds, protectors during the dark nights, etc. No "pretty/ug-ly wingy thingies" ever visited or talked to Mohammed, Jesus, Mary or Joseph or Joe Smith. Today we would classify angels as f–airies and "tin–ker be-lls". Modern de-vils are classified as the de-mons of the de-mented.

"4. To believe that all the heavenly books that were sent to the different prophets are true. However, apart from the Quran, all other books are not valid anymore."

Another major item to delete. There are no books written in the spirit state of Heaven (if there is one) just as there are no angels to write/publish/distribute them. The Koran, OT, NT etc. are simply books written by humans for humans.

Prophets were invented by ancient scribes typically to keep the un-educated masses in line. Today we call them for-tune tellers.

Prophecies are also invali-dated by the natural/God/Allah gifts of Free Will and Future.

"5. To believe that all the prophets are true. However, we are commanded to follow the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) alone."

Mohammed spent thirty days "fasting" (the Ramadan legend) in a hot cave before his first contact with Allah aka God etc. via a "pretty wingy thingy". Common sense demands a neuron deletion of #5. #5 is also the major source of Islamic vi-olence i.e. turning Mohammed's "fast, hunger-driven" hallu-cinations into horrible reality for unbelievers.

Walk these Five Steps and we guarantee a complete recovery from your Islamic terrorist ways!!!!

Unfortunately, there are not many Muslim commentators/readers on this blog so the "two-minute" cure is not getting to those who need it. If you have a Muslim friend, send him a copy and help save the world.

Analogous steps are available at your request for deprogramming the myths of Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and Paganism..

August 25, 2011 at 8:49 am |
  17. Reality

What instigated the attack on the Twin Towers and the Pentagon? And what drives today's 24/7 mosque/imam-planned acts of terror and horror? The koran, Mohammed's book of death for all infidels and Muslim domination of the world by any means. Muslims must clean up this book removing said passages admitting that they are based on the Gabriel myth and therefore obviously the hallucinations and/or lies of Mohammed. Then we can talk about the safety and location of mosques and what is taught therein. Until then, no male Muslim can be trusted anytime or anywhere..................................

Apparently, the CIA and the NYPD also are aware of the teachings of Mohammed!!!!

August 25, 2011 at 8:45 am |
  18. Keith

Hey cnn, why the media blackout about the rain of rockets from the Gaza Strip that continues to this very day? What's the matter, is it bad PR for the "poor Palestinians" when they wound a baby with a Grad rocket? Wouldn't want to give them a black eye so close to their September bid for a "Palestinian state" would you? But I'm sure your working on plenty of stories showing the plight of the "poor Palestinians" ready to be released, oh say around Sept. 20th. And it's not just cnn, fox, nbc, abc, cbs...all in the same bag. More controlled, contrived media. Leads one to ask just who is doing the controlling?

August 25, 2011 at 8:27 am |
    • BG

@ Keith

" Leads one to ask just who is doing the controlling?"

And that, my friend, is the deeper and more disquieting concern. Sadly, any conjecture about this, otherwise legitimate, concern almost immediately paints the questioner as a "NWO" crackpot. This, of course, is deflection by design. Bilderburg & Bohemians, Saudi princes, commodity manipulation, Skull & Bones, ultra-liberal socialist agendas, George Soros, the Illuminati... Who knows what's true and what's purposeful illusion?

Someone should write a song. I'd listen to it and drink beer. Bottom line is we cannot react to an unseen threat until living conditions are intolerable for the masses. Then there will be a reaction. The past is prologue.

August 25, 2011 at 8:43 am |
  19. BG

" There was no immediate response from the CIA."

Don't sit by the phone....

So they actually want the -CIA- to participate in "hearings?" I'll bet their schedule is full. Call them back next year.

"revelations?"

Only when it's published by the MSM. In this case, by the A.P. with anonymous 'sources.' Imagine. The Associate Press. Everyone else (read, non-muslm) took it for granted. Of course we're watching you. Why wouldn't we? I'll bet we have those fancy little laser cameras in all the mosques, too. Better check your phones and lamps while you're at it...

Sorry if all this 'bugs' you.

August 25, 2011 at 8:26 am |