home
RSS
What's fueling Bible Belt divorces
Southerners tend to run to the altar earlier, but also more often to divorce court, experts say.
August 25th, 2011

What's fueling Bible Belt divorces

By Katia Hetter, Special to CNN

(CNN) - While the Bible Belt is known for its devotion to traditional values, Southerners don't do so well on one key family value: They are more likely to get divorced than people living in the Northeast.

Southern men and women had higher rates of divorce in 2009 than their counterparts in other parts of the country: 10.2 per 1,000 for men and 11.1 per 1,000 for women, according to a new report from the U.S. Census Bureau released Thursday.

By comparison, men and women in the Northeast had the lowest rates of divorce, 7.2 and 7.5 per 1,000, which is also lower than the national divorce rate of 9.2 for men and 9.7 for women.

"In the South, there are higher rates of marriage and higher rates of divorce for men and women," said Diana Elliott, a family demographer with the U.S. Census Bureau and co-author of the new report. "In the Northeast, you have people who are delaying first marriages, and consequently there are lower rates of marriage and lower rates of divorce."

Read the full story here from CNN's Defining America
- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Christianity

1. Bo

============@GodPot5:31=============== Please accept my appoligies. It now sounds like you were both victums of religious abuse. Notice: I said "religious", not Christain, because this is not Christian behavior. Her mother may have been religiously abused also, so much so that she may had not found true peace and happiness and love in life. I don't want to judge anyone, but I would guess that either she [the mother] had had a very bad experience or may have been 'brainwashed'. This is so sad. Unfortunately, this is the work of Satan, not God. Again, I appoligise.

August 25, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
  2. derp

Bible belt divorce rates are up because of gay marriage in the northeast. Don't you nitwits listen to Falwell.

August 25, 2011 at 6:06 pm |
  3. Noteworthy

I agree with you 100% SPA Knight, today's parents are taking the role of 'friend', the liberal mindset of raising children without corporal punishment was the beginning , the break down of the family is bound to get worse as time goes. Many people are blinded , and reveling in being their own god. One can trace the 'modern' way of thinking, for one to Margaret Sanger the originator of planned parenthood who believed in eugenics, the cleansing of society genetically, as she saw things, the Natzi's merely abused it. One can plainly witness how satan works thru people with, Darwin's Origin of Species , and his half cousin Francis Glaton's eugenics.

August 25, 2011 at 5:03 pm |
    • Free

Yeah, the Bible knows how to handle rebellious kids.

18 If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.” 21 Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.
      (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)

August 25, 2011 at 6:31 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

Noteworthy...trouble is you all treat god as if he was your father..or mother depending on your view of god I guess,and look to him as your friend. Blaming atheists or secularists for the realization that you are, after all human, and no different from any one else despite the input from the particular god you crave is not our fault. I am happily married by the way for 37years, both my kids are pilots, also both married and we are all atheist..go figure..

August 25, 2011 at 9:13 pm |
  4. Bo

===========@DocV2:52================== Respectfully I disagree. I believe there is just as much fault on the men's side as there is on the women's side. From my obsevation I see too many men abusing women, emotionally and mentallly. As a result the women rebel and this leads to an unhappy marriage, all too often women stay in an abusive relationship because she doesn't have the resroces to get out. The bottom line: lack of love leads to divorce. Yes, the Bible says for the woman to be submmisive, but it also says that the man should love the woman.

August 25, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
    • Jim

Submissive? Maybe you should give that little talk to Michele Bachmann?

August 25, 2011 at 6:33 pm |
  5. amir

whatever happened to the promise "THROUGH THICK AND THIN". The one who can't maintain the promise, is obviously the LOSER.

August 25, 2011 at 3:44 pm |
    • AGuest9

That's not a marriage vow.

August 25, 2011 at 7:38 pm |
  6. LinCA

Is it a coincidence that the bible belt and tornado alley overlap for a large part? Maybe the christian god is trying to tell his followers something.

August 25, 2011 at 3:30 pm |
    • Lycidas

Now now..next thing you'll say is that there is some connection between the high % of earthquakes in Calif and the high % of g a y ppl there.

August 25, 2011 at 3:47 pm |
    • Terrible Ted

It is incredibly rare for an earthquake to kill anyone in California, much less kill a gay person. It is incredibly common for tornados and hurricanes to kill Christians in the South.

God's will, it seems.

August 25, 2011 at 3:53 pm |
    • WhySoSerious

Earthquakes on the west coast, genocide in Africa, pandemics everywhere. What's your point? Because it sounds like you're attempting to make a joke on some sad excuse for an "observation."

August 25, 2011 at 3:57 pm |
    • WhySoSerious

*@LinCA, btw. Before you all get defensive.

August 25, 2011 at 3:58 pm |
    • J.W

I bet there were tornadoes there before people moved there.

August 25, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
    • GodPot

Well regardless of whether Tornado's hate the bible belt or not, they certainly have a beef with mobile homes...

August 25, 2011 at 5:50 pm |
    • J.W

Christians moved to places with more natural disasters so that they could sacrifice themselves for the good of the rest of humanity.

August 25, 2011 at 5:53 pm |
    • Peace2All

@J.W.

LOL...!!! Again, with the humor ! 😀

Peace...

August 25, 2011 at 9:03 pm |
  7. Doc Vestibule

The problem is that modern women just aren't obeying God's commands to be submissive and obey their husband.
    It's all those heathen atheists fault for letting women have the vote.
    Now they expect a life more fulfilling than just cooking, cleaning, and squirting out crotch critters and that just ain't part of God's plan, I reckon.

August 25, 2011 at 2:52 pm |
    • SPA Knight

You sound a little like a heathen yourself there. If you expect your woman to be submissive, then you need to be a real man and cherish her. That means sacrifice your own life for hers. When you are ready for that, then she may respect you enough and respond in kind. Many are willing to pick and choose bible passages out of context in order to gain power over others. Here's one; Give and you shall receive.

August 25, 2011 at 4:37 pm |
    • AGuest9

The Holier Than Thou have arrived.

August 25, 2011 at 7:40 pm |
    • Martin T

Wow Doc, in just one statement you set back women's rights by over a hundred years. The divorce rate in the South more than likely, is due to the fact that many people in the South marry way to early, myself included in that statement. Because the morals of the South are SO against premarital relations, many young people are "shamed" into marrying early in life just so they have a partner. Call it what you will, but it's the truth.

August 25, 2011 at 8:29 pm |
    • LinCA

@Martin T

I think Doc forgot his sarcasm tags 😉
      The comment won't render properly without enclosing it with <sarcasm> and </sarcasm>

August 25, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
    • Jose

whoa now....its not any atheists fault before you start pointing your dirty finger at someone....stop trying to blame other people to make you feel more comfortable about your believes which im sure you dont follow

August 25, 2011 at 11:06 pm |
    • dee

Hmm. In 20 years, every time I have "obeyed" my husband, I have ended up broke or in debt, pregnant, and stuck home being his mommy. Nope, can't do that. I am happily married by having a college degree, a job that I want, not relying SOLELY on his paycheck (we share the bills) and being a partner in marriage. We were married down South....in my parent's living room, not in a church (due to his stint in the army. I've gone to war (he didn't with his active duty unit but I did with my reserve unit). I've had a chance to see the world and be my own person. I would have it no other way. Today, I submit to him because I love him and want to and desire to. Not because I'm taking orders from someone's interpretation of the Bible. We are healthy middle class and have some great kids. We've never been on food stamps or welfare. We've had the usual ups and downs. We are married because we choose to be.

August 29, 2011 at 6:56 pm |
    • dee

Oh, and for being in Bible Thumper land as this article seems to argue, he's the only guy I've ever been with (by choice and belief) and was not a teenage sleep around type. I think a bigger point of making such claims to marriage problems is that jobs in the South are not that great and too many people in the South, STAY in the South rather than seeing the world and making things better for themselves. They allow themselves to get into this rut. Go north! Go west! Go overseas! Learn a bit and if you really like the South, go home and make the most of it.

August 29, 2011 at 7:00 pm |
  8. Doc Vestibule

Comparing violent criminals, per capita:
    Maine has 150 criminals per 100K
    Louisiana has 881 per 100K

The #1 location for teen pregancy?
    Bexar County Texas with almost twice the national average.
    Seems their "abstinence only" educational approach isn't very effective.
    (Source: Dept of Health and Human Services survey covering 1950-1997)
    The #1 states for murders? Louisiana, New Mexico and Tennessee.
    (Source: FBI Uniform Crime Report for 2009)
    The 3 most unhealthy states? Mississippi, New Mexico and Louisiana
    (Souce: Morgan Quinto Health Care State Rankings – 2004)
    The 3 poorest states based on per capita income? Mississippi, West Virginia and Arkansas
    (Source: 2009 US Census data)

Coincidence?

August 25, 2011 at 2:46 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

Coincidence?

-------
      Christians are smarter so do they score higher in the bible belt?

August 25, 2011 at 2:48 pm |
    • Lycidas

Don't forget they are traditionally democrats too.

August 25, 2011 at 3:27 pm |
    • Lycidas

Let's aim closer to the now shall we....according to the FBI:
      Murder, Forcible ra_pe, Aggravated as_sault, Burglary....all up in the Northeast, yet all going down in the South.

In fact, all forms of crime have went down in the South, West and Midwest. Only in the Northeast has crime went up.

August 25, 2011 at 3:40 pm |
    • Lycidas

"New Mexico had the highest teenage pregnancy rate (93 per 1,000), followed by Nevada,
      Arizona, Texas and Mississippi." (www.guttmacher.org/pubs/USTPtrends.pdf)

"Teenage abortion rates were highest in New York (41 per 1,000), New Jersey, Nevada,
      Delaware and Connecticut."

Hmm, doesn't seem that the South is as horrible as some make think. The whole nation has problems.

August 25, 2011 at 3:45 pm |
    • Sarah

sorry, NM is not part of the bible belt or the south...

August 25, 2011 at 3:46 pm |
    • Doc Vestibule

@Lycidas
      Closer to the now?
      The FBI Uniform Crime Report, published last year, isn't "now" enough for you?
      Would you mind please citing your reference a little more specifically?
      From which report did you garnered your information?

August 25, 2011 at 3:47 pm |
    • Jo

Lycidas, really. Southern Democrat is long gone, and only existed because Lincoln was Republican and the South could not bring itself to vote for Lincoln's party for over 120 years. Southern Democrat by inclination was always uber-conservative and reactionary, and really was closer to Republicans in ideology. But they could not vote for the party of Lincoln.

August 25, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
    • Doc Vestibule

What do you mean New Mexico isn't part of the Southern United States?
      I'm looking at a map right now and that state seems pretty southern to me!
      Same with Nevada, Arizona, Texas and Mississippi.

As for the abortion rates – religious guilt and shame tactics forcing single, teenage girls to enter into motherhood prematurely seems more a problem to me than abortion – but that is a debate for a different thread.

August 25, 2011 at 3:54 pm |
    • Stevie7

@Lycidas, the 2010 FBI report is preliminary and only discusses the percent changes by region, not the actual rate by region. In 2009 the rate of violent crime in the south was more than 30% than that of the Northeast. So, even after accounting for the percent change in 2010, violent crime is still higher in the South.

August 25, 2011 at 3:54 pm |
    • Colin

The same correlation applies internationally. If one looks at studies plotting the religiosity of a given country against indices like standard of living, adult literacy, credit rating of governemnt bonds and level of corruption, the more secular countries tend to the top, the most religios tend to the lower half.

August 25, 2011 at 4:19 pm |
    • Noteworthy

"The U.S. bible belt seems to have a disproportionate number of poor, obese, violent, undereducated, promiscuous people along with the greatest number of right wing, religious nutbars.
      Coincidence?" ......... When people become more affluent their crimes change?, human nature is fallen, would you call the shell game of mortgage backed securities predatory or survival of the fittest?. The skewed version of the liberals reality is viewing evil as good and good evil.

August 25, 2011 at 5:36 pm |
    • J.W

It is obvious what happens here. Atheists come to the bible belt and commit crimes and sometimes frame good Christian people to make the bible belt look bad.

August 25, 2011 at 5:45 pm |
    • Lycidas

@Stevie7- Good researching...better than Docs.
      But, one must also keep in mind of trends and in the 2010 report, the trend is that crime is going down in the south and rising in the north. Now will that trend continue? We'll just have to wait and see.

August 25, 2011 at 7:01 pm |
    • Martin T

And Maine is one of the most Secular States in the Nation. Unfortunately, Maine also is among the top states for divorce rates. What does that say about our great state?

August 25, 2011 at 8:30 pm |
  9. Bo

August 25, 2011 at 2:34 pm |
    • The Lambly Winged Lion of The Gods Does Roar

Bo wrote on Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 2:34 pm, "From my presonal observation over many years, I believe most youg people get married for passionate reasons, and they really know little to nothing about love. Soon after marraige when all the passion is wore off there is nothing to keep them together. So what happens: divorce! P.S. I believe in passionate love, and I really enjoyed the passion, but it's the love that is the glue. (I'm a widdower)"

Most young folks get married with "Lust" in their eyes and yes the passionate and lustfull desires to "do it" creates many unplanned parenthoods and then unwanted marriages then an ending in divorce and child custody issues. There should be laws about such things,,,,, O0ops, I forgot, the Bible has such laws or at least the "New" Testaments do. The "Old" Testaments are for old folks meanderings,,,, Hey, I resemble that remark!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Mormonism is a better religion to consider an adherance towards,,,, Ya think? At 56 in age, I am too set in my floundered and unlavished attritions and childlessness, Praise be to the Gods and Goddesses for not having any children, based upon the ways that this world is heading, I am grateful not to have any children! I'll have me a whole bunch in my next life though, in my God given heaven of the heavens within Heaven inside HEAVEN! 🙂

August 25, 2011 at 4:27 pm |
    • AGuest9

What? People get married just to have s3x??? How backwards! What is this, the McCarthy era?

August 25, 2011 at 7:45 pm |
  10. Bo

*It was probably...*

August 25, 2011 at 2:06 pm |
  11. Respectul reason

If couples learn to respect one another there will be fewer divorces.Ofcourse if one does not learn to Reverence God first how will they know to respect one another?

August 25, 2011 at 2:06 pm |
    • The Lambly Winged Lion of The Gods Does Roar

@ Respectful reason,,,,,, It is so true Rreason that one should search for understanding their ideals of God and one's human godliness issues before becoming attatched to any other member in Life's marriage base. To know what one's or their potential Life mates' ideals and values of human godliness really means to them will become a nurturing issue when one becomes swayed to seeking and in hopeful finality, finding a marriage mate. In keeping within the moralness of Godly reverence both parties should learn how to express to the other just what they want from Life and as to how they might go about getting it done. My past Life of 56 years is a shambles of social fruitlessness and I am now too old to even consider looking for a soul mate with a spirited heart to keep my "now" mind anchored with a 2 party togetherness. My Life revolves around my real life brother's needs and I am comforted by my ongoing meetings at Alcoholic Anonymous 2 times a week. I do help at the local church every Wednesday unloading 2 food trucks for the impoverished folks in our neighborhood. I play on a pool league every Monday night and although my AA friends might scoff at me, my desires to give up the spirits' ghost of alcoholism died one day before my 1st AA meeting when I attended a church service. The Gods and Goddesses have granted me my divorce papers from my long love affair with alcohol that lasted around 40 years. My brother though still is in love with the effects of alcohol and he refuses to give up the ghosts of alcoholism's wrath. That is why I am his brother, and I will be there when he needs me.

All that I can offer those who are but as now being young adolescences is for them to slow down in their wants and desires to have a soul mate. Seek 1st another's spiritual cunningness and try to make your own spiritual cunningness grow with your potential Life mate wherein the timeliness of aged prosperities will either prove your matedness of common and mutual respects forgoing the urges to be s.e.x.u.a.l.l.y active. It is okay to talk about s.e.x. with your potential Life mate but for Gods' sakes be refrained from "doing it" until one comes to know the otherly one and marriage does beckon you both to tie the knot.

August 25, 2011 at 5:56 pm |
  12. Bo

=========@GodPot1:34================= From just the little you said, I trully believe there was a lot more going on than just s=e=x. I probablly was more the way you wanted it. It probablly had a lot to do with a lack of:love, tact and respect. S=e=x is really only a small part of marraige. And if you think otherwise you know little about love life.

August 25, 2011 at 2:05 pm |
    • GodPot

"I probablly was more the way you wanted it." I'm going to assume you meant "It" instead of "I" but you seem to think that my comment somehow showed a lack of respect to women or a lack or tenderness which I can tell you was far from the truth. I was the one who wanted to cuddle, I was the one who wanted to be close and intimate, she was the one feeling guilty about enjoying any of it due to the fears her mother put in her. I'll admit that it's never a good start when you have a mother who tell's you how horrible it was getting pregnant and how terrible her life was because you were born, so I don't blame the ex, she was a product of her Christian upbringing. She was a mentally abused person who's mother used religion to inflict the damage. It was always "God doesn't want you to go to that party, and God doesn't want you to have any friends over and God doesn't want you to even think about your privates let alone touch them." Being told the creator of the universe is watching you and is ashamed of you because you read a racey dime store novel is to me child abuse and has long lasting effects on impressionable youth.

August 25, 2011 at 5:31 pm |
  13. Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

Hellooooo satan is the cause...ask any christian down there

August 25, 2011 at 2:00 pm |
    • Johnny Blammo And His All-Girl Tuba Band!

Is Hello Satan something like Hello Kitty?

August 25, 2011 at 2:03 pm |
    • GodPot

How can you tell if it's a girl tuba?

August 25, 2011 at 2:58 pm |
    • Johnny Blammo Does The Comedy Limbo - How Low Can He Go?

Well, it has a big hole . . .

August 25, 2011 at 3:41 pm |
  14. GodPot

I got married as a virgin to my virgin wife at 20 years of age after growing up in a hardline Christian family. After 7 years of intimacy issues with a wife who's parent had drilled the fear of God in her for anything outside lying still missionary and was compelled to cry from guilt for ever getting "into" it. I firmly believe that safe s e x before marriage is not only reasonable but almost necessary if you are intending on finding someone you are truly compatible with for the rest of your life.

Why are people who can't even buy a beer in their State allowed to enter into a binding contract with life long imlications. You can say "Well, kid's are going to want to have s e x and the only way to do that without risking pregnancy and disease, not to mention sin, is to get married..." You don't forbid your teenager from doing dangerous things like skateboarding and riding a bike just because they might get hurt, you get them a helmet and pad's. Then when they are adult's and can make their own decisions they can ride their bike sans helmet.

August 25, 2011 at 1:34 pm |
    • The Lambly Winged Lion of The Gods Does Roar

The base root-stem of s.e.x. before marriage is due in part to the lustings of mainly young "boys" just wanting to get their r.o.c.k.s off instead of having to mas.tur.bate whenever the urge siezes them. In my youth, I did do just such things with the opposing side. To say otherwise would insuate me to be lying. When I was honorably discharged from the Army, I became ever so infatuated with muff diving and many young women did I satisfy until one long blond haired woman in a green dress caught my fancy! I did so idolize her for she had the most beautiful face a woman could want! She look like a movie star and I went full steam ahead without the anchor being thrown to slow me down! We were married within 3 months of living together. Did such a lifestyle of living in complete abandonment of 1stly not going by the rules of dating and not getting to know one's opposite mean anything other than we were married by our sin nature of firstly "doing it" over and over? We in the 3 months of living in sin knew very little about each others ways, wants and desires in life. To tie the proverbial knot after but 3 months of sinning and doing without the LIme light of Godliness in our Life was doomed from the beginning. The smae can be said with my 2nd marriage and divorce. We neither knew each other's consciousness and relatives regarding our life's desires and ambitions. I was back in those days a drunkard and used illegal drugs and was not much of a talker. Now that I am free to spout off my views here and at AA meetings, I can honestly say what a fool I was back then! 🙁

August 25, 2011 at 4:54 pm |
    • *frank*

@Lambly
      "muff diving"?
      Please, sir, this is a family show here!

August 25, 2011 at 5:59 pm |
    • The Lambly Winged Lion of The Gods Does Roar

@ *frank*

Either it's "muff diving" or "getting down and dirty" take one's pick Frank. Be open and honest with those you love is my motto and I do so love to "let it all hang out" in the plainness of wordives. Don't be a silly willy Frank. 🙂 Even young folks know the secrets of love making and to say different is to deny one's self the Truth!

August 25, 2011 at 8:15 pm |
  15. GodPot

What I find so funny about this is that sooooo many bible belt Christians think s e x before marriage is such a great sin but seem to have much less of a problem getting married so they don't sin, then end up getting divorced because the only reason they got married was to have s e x and end up commiting a sin that is identical in severity according to the bible.

August 25, 2011 at 1:13 pm |
    • A Theist

Your 'O' key is broken. I agree with your point otherwise.

August 25, 2011 at 1:20 pm |
    • Ignorance is not always bliss

If it was such a great sin, the sky fairy would not make your hormones rage when we turn 12. Perhaps we are just the result of billions of years of evolution with no design except natural selection....might just be possible.

August 25, 2011 at 1:51 pm |
    • SPA Knight

Your posts seems to suggest that you regret remaining a virgin and marrying one. You call the reasons for divorce "intimacy" issues because your wife preferred to look in your eyes while you made love to her. Perhaps you were the one that had a warped sense of intimacy and lacked the proper respect for the woman you claimed to love.

August 25, 2011 at 4:20 pm |
    • GodPot

@SPA Knight – My post does suggest that regret. And it had nothing to do with what you seem to assume. I am now an atheist who was raised in a strict Christian household and married a gal from the same. I am saying that their supposed "way to happiness" of being a virgin when you get married and all that junk is bunk. I have been with two women in my life, the first on my wedding night when I was 20 and the second with my current wife who I have been with for 10 years married for the last 4. In my first marriage I was never as happy any day as I am now on my worst day, so which path to marriage do you think I'll endorse to my daughter when she is of age?

August 25, 2011 at 5:45 pm |
  16. tallulah13

The whole marriage industry has exploded to the point where it isn't about the marriage, it's about the wedding. People are spending thousands and thousands of dollars for a single event. All these girls want to dress up and be princess for a day, but the reality of marriage isn't as glamorous. The South is notorious for their love of glamor (and there's nothing wrong with that!). Given that a lot of people are marrying younger in the South, you have a recipe for divorce.

August 25, 2011 at 1:08 pm |
    • J.W

Plus there are some economic advantages to being married. So people get married and then realize they hate each other.

August 25, 2011 at 1:37 pm |
  17. I'm The Best!

Why is the number different for men and women? I would think they would be the same. Unless the gay community is changing the numbers, which I don't think would be the case for the south since it's still illegal for them to get married in most places down here...

August 25, 2011 at 1:05 pm |
    • J.W

It may not take in to account men and women who get divorced multiple times.

August 25, 2011 at 1:08 pm |
    • Stevie7

My guess is that men are getting married and divorced multiple times but women are not – at least not as much. If a one man marries and divorces two women, than the rate for women would be higher.

August 25, 2011 at 1:08 pm |
  18. Bo

Maybe it's because they get married in the south, and in the northeast they just start to live together and if things don't go well they just go their own way and a divorce isn't needed., whereas, if in the south they get married and if things don't go well they have to get divorced. Too bad for all the kids involved, either way. I don't know what this has to do with beliefs accept it involves the so called Bible Belt, which I think is a bunch of balloney.

August 25, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
  19. Reality

Getting se-xually involved before you can afford it emotionally and financially is the main cause of divorce. Apparently, this happens more in the South but it holds for all geographical areas.

August 25, 2011 at 12:54 pm |
    • Ykcyc

It is much deeper than that, but if have to blame somebody, it might as well be the "numero uno", don't you think? Unless, it is that other one, that makes people "do things".

August 25, 2011 at 12:59 pm |
    • SPA Knight

The primary cause of divorce is the lack of commitment and a break down in morality. This problem extends through to all areas of our culture. Spoiled children who get everything they want are never happy with anything they have.

August 25, 2011 at 3:58 pm |
  20. Ykcyc

It is their God and his will, off course!

August 25, 2011 at 12:47 pm |
    • HappyMeal

Don't blame God for your own laziness.

August 25, 2011 at 11:08 pm |
    • Jim

HappyMeal
      Blame or invent, same thing in this context really!

August 25, 2011 at 11:37 pm |