home
RSS
Your Take: Comments on a congressman's conversion to Islam
U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison was raised Catholic but converted to Islam in college.
September 2nd, 2011

Your Take: Comments on a congressman's conversion to Islam

It's no surprise that our Thursday post on U.S. Rep Keith Ellison's conversion from Catholicism to Islam fetched loads of comments.

Some commenters discerned a pattern of CNN conspiring against Christianity (have they noticed all our thoughtful stories about Christianity?):

RonnieReagan

Anyone notice this pattern?

Again the SHAMEFUL cnn promoting Islam and atheism at the expense of Christianity. I wonder what the schmucks at CNN will do when they realize the hammer is about to be dropped on their daughters by all the MOOSLIMS.

Lots of commenters vented anti-Muslim sentiments:

jamal
I am an Ex-Muslim. I am free, I am happy and I am now a proud Infidel......Islam is the religion of hate and suffocation. Islam is the religion of wife beating and polygamy. Islam is the anti-women religion and it hates free thinking. Islam is a crime against humanity.

Sara
First Muslim member of Congress? Let's hope he's the last.

Some came to the defense of Muslims. The first one in this list is a response to Sara's comment from above:

Knucklehead
You're quite an American. The founding fathers would be proud.

Judge NOT...
As a Christian, I read the Quran after 9/11 because I couldn't believe the news that a Book of God could incite people in such a negative way. I was right, the Holy Quran confirms the Bible and vice versa if you read them both with an open mind. I am very happy that I read both because both teach the right lessons. For those of you nay sayers that say religion is a way to manipulate the weak-minded, how little you know about life and how little you know about your own potential. Read both as books, then study both as a life lesson. By doing this you will find your place in the World and after. God reigns, God is great and God gives peace to those that seek it. Instead of criticizing others, look inward at your emptiness and know that there is an answer, ONE answer. If you can't understand it, I truly pity you.

sofas
Many of the people who post on this website seem to never met or befriended a Muslim person and therefore put the face of terrorism on every Muslim they never met. This is why it is important to expose people such as these, people who have never left their little oyster shells, to one of millions of peaceful, law-abiding Muslims in America and one of billions of law abiding Muslims in the world. That is the significance of this story. Otherwise, we run the risk of becoming a developed, civilized nation, super power that is a breeding ground for haters and paranoid nut cases such as the terrorist Anders Behring Breivik (the Norwegian terrorist) in this ever shrinking, increasingly global world.

Lots of commenters expressed alarm about what they said are Islamic threats to American culture and law:

Parkerman
I am not going to say that one religion is better than another, but the lifestyle of Islam is not the lifestyle of the western civilization. I am concerned simply that our lifestyle and the laws and culture that made this country great will be lost. Look how made Muslim run countries are. I do not want any impact Muslim law just because we have Muslim congressman. It does not mix.

And as always, droves of atheists lampooned religion, Muslim and otherwise:

McJesus
I believe in Leprechauns. Can you write a story about me too?

cleareye1
All religions are the same. They are fantasy based and would not survive a generation if they didn't brainwash children before they learn how to think. Maybe Scientology differs, but what is Scientology?

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Comments • Islam • Politics

1. Mike P

"...the Holy Quran confirms the Bible and vice versa if you read them both with an open mind." Apparently an open mind in this case is a mind devoid of all critical faculties. The Bible teaches that Jesus Christ is the divine Son of God who became man, was crucified for the sins of the world, and was raised from the dead. The Quran teaches that God has no Son and that Jesus the Son of Mary is no more than a virgin-born human prophet who escaped crucifixion and was instead raised to heaven without tasting death. To say that the Bible and the Quran confirm each other is only true if you don't believe anything either of them has to say. One of them (or both of them, if you're an unbeliever) is lying, but both cannot be telling the truth. Pick one to believe or pick neither, but don't pretend you can have it both ways.

September 2, 2011 at 8:43 pm |
    • DonBeal

Let's say God exists. He is far above humans. In fact, He created humans the way He wanted them to be. He knew what they would be like. He is to humans like a human dog trainer is to dogs. He lets his creations kill each other in grotesque ways. He knew it would happen and he allows it to happen. What kind of a master is that? Humans are convicted of animal abuse when they behave similarly.

September 2, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
    • Jesusismyidol

Stoning of Stephen...Beheading of John. It doesn't matter what happens to these humanly bodies only your soul.

September 2, 2011 at 9:01 pm |
    • FMEN

@ DonBeal,
      You argument is faulty in that it assumes death is bad and allowing someone to die is evil. However, death is just a transition from one life to another and so to God, it is just a transition.

September 2, 2011 at 10:06 pm |
    • Gman

A religion that tells its followers to offer islam to the infadel and if he does not accept it....... kill the infadel , also tells muslims , do not take the jew as your neighbor or the christian as neighbor for the christian is a friend of the jew, What a great religion.

Wipe them from the face of the earth.

September 2, 2011 at 10:28 pm |
  2. Dieyoung

Good for him

September 2, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
    • Gman

Yeah..........woohoo go party , u uneducated twit

September 2, 2011 at 10:34 pm |
    • Dieyoung

Actually, I am well educated. There is nothing wrong with converting to something that you believe strongly about. It is a personal choice of his.

September 2, 2011 at 11:48 pm |
  3. Ex-Muslim American

I was born and raised as Muslim and left my husband who treated me like an animal and happily converted to Christianity.
    Islam is AGAINST women's rights and freedom. It's all about terror, killing and threatening. Have you ever heard any peace in islamic countries? NO!

September 2, 2011 at 8:36 pm |
    • Adam

Have you ever heard peace in America?

There are hundreds of people here in America killing themselves .

Whats your comment on that?

September 2, 2011 at 8:41 pm |
    • Jesusismyidol

You're taking her comments out of context. America is not only Christianity. This is a melting pot of many religions. And to answer your questions, they have no faith.

September 2, 2011 at 8:46 pm |
    • Jayakumar

Yeah.. sure. Christian men treat their wives great.. just turn on cops and you will see a lot of christian men beating and buning their wives.. I am not a muslim but I am against hypocrisy and stupidity.

September 2, 2011 at 8:53 pm |
    • Jesusismyidol

@ Jayakumar. Those are not true Christians. They only paint themselves out to be Christians. A true Christian is the hardest thing to be in life and it starts with the heart.

September 2, 2011 at 9:05 pm |
  4. Anthony Quatroni

It's ghouls, I tell ya! Religious ghouls in rockets lookin for a land to call their own!. . . . Don't you laugh at me!. . . I know a spell that'll make you show your true form!. . . Cave-Rat taught it to me.

September 2, 2011 at 8:33 pm |
  5. John

Whoever don't believe in Jesus Christ as our lord and savior is not going to heaven !

September 2, 2011 at 8:33 pm |
    • Jesusismyidol

AMEN! Let the Dead bury the Dead.

September 2, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
    • Anthony Quatroni

Um, yah. . . . see my comment above. Have a nice day!

September 2, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

Awesome...hard to go to a place that has never been proven to exist.

September 3, 2011 at 7:37 am |
  6. Bergen County resident

Judaism and Islam are very similar religion. Both Jews and Muslims don't eat pork, both don't believe in Jesus Christ as the savior, and both religious wear non-western clothes.

September 2, 2011 at 8:29 pm |
    • Keksi

Muslim do believe Jesus is savior,they don't believe he is son of God but prophet.

September 2, 2011 at 8:32 pm |
    • Jesusismyidol

No. They only see him as a prophet and not as THE savior.

September 2, 2011 at 8:33 pm |
    • Gman

What are they putting in the water up there in BERGEN county ?

September 2, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
  7. Keksi

Thats nothing,81 Congressman converted to Judaism this summer alone.

September 2, 2011 at 8:28 pm |
  8. Jesusismyidol

Jesus is the answer. If your religion doesn't include Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior then you will die a spiritual death. Amen.

September 2, 2011 at 8:24 pm |
    • amma maw

No, actually we won't.

September 2, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
    • Jesusismyidol

Double negative = a positive.

September 2, 2011 at 9:08 pm |
  9. Tom

REligiion is one of the scourge's of mankind, not too mention mankind itself. If you're over 5 years old and belive in these infantile delusions, you're in dire need of a labotomy you noodle braiins. Amd if you're a muslim you're really delusional and dangerous

September 2, 2011 at 7:36 pm |
  10. TheRationale

Oh man I was laughing. "Droves of atheists."

September 2, 2011 at 6:52 pm |
  11. doctore0

Islam,Christianity... it's basically the same, tribal nonsense. Call it CrIstlam.

September 2, 2011 at 6:39 pm |
    • Ramesh Manghirmalani,

I agree

September 2, 2011 at 8:32 pm |
  12. *frank*

Mohammed was gayer than a Malaysian pastor.

September 2, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
    • Anton LaVey (ACTS)

Actually he was a child r a p i st. Never heard about him being gay though.

September 2, 2011 at 6:03 pm |
    • *frank*

The child rape was just a red herring.

September 2, 2011 at 6:09 pm |
    • Adam

Can you show me proof that PROPHET Muhammad was a gayer or a rapist?

Why are you throwing bad comments to a PROPHET? Do you like me saying that Jesus is a Gayer/Rapist?

September 2, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
  13. J.W

The Bible does not seem to support reincarnation. Do any of you recall if you were ever reincarnated?

September 2, 2011 at 4:35 pm |
    • Anton LaVey (ACTS)

Not that I remember. Never understood it.

September 2, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
    • J.W

I wonder if it would be possible to test to see if that is true. Has there ever been two people who acted exactly the same? They could have had the same soul.

September 2, 2011 at 4:48 pm |
    • Frogist

@JW: Are you being genuine, JW? I can't tell if you're joking or not.
      But as a matter of fact my brother has the same mannerisms and character as a dead uncle of mine. Does that count?

September 2, 2011 at 4:55 pm |
    • J.W

Well Frogist I am not sure whether if one was reincarnated if they would be able to remember anything from their past life or have any of the same characteristics. I am a Christian, and I see many say well if you are a Christian why do you believe other religions are false. What I am trying to figure out is being a Christian, do I have to believe all other religions in their entirety are false. Is it possible all religions are worshiping the same God and just different interpretations of it?

September 2, 2011 at 5:19 pm |
    • Peace2All

@J.W.

" The Bible does not seem to support reincarnation. "

You'd be surprised. Again, it depends on who is doing the interpreting of the Bible. There are many people in society that believe in reincarnation, and believe that the Bible discusses reincarnation in many of its passages. Don't ask me what the verses are... i have had several conversations in my lifetime with people who believed in reincarnation and yet claimed that they were 'Christian.'

I had never heard of a Christian Reincarnationist, as it seemed to be a contradi-ction in terms in a way to me, as reincarnation is definitely a core concept of Hinduism and certain sects of Buddhism.

" Do any of you recall if you were ever reincarnated? "

Nope, but again... many people claim to have had experiences of living other lives (reincarnation).

If... you are truly interested in reading up and exploring this subject, Dr. Ian Stevenson, is widely regarded as having done quite extensive research in the field of reincarnation. He has several books out, detailing many case studies and stories. Another one to explore would be "Edgar Cayce."

" I wonder if it would be possible to test to see if that is true. "

Again, I would check out Dr. Stevenson's and Edgar Cayce's work on this. Again, they have quite a body of research on the subject. As far as actually being able to test it see if it's true in general, that certainly would require setting up some pretty interesting criteria, to test to see if it's true, and having the technology to match.

" Has there ever been two people who acted exactly the same? They could have had the same soul. "

I suppose it's possible, but you, I believe, are talking about a different concept than reincarnation here.

Regards,

Peace...

September 2, 2011 at 5:35 pm |
    • Frogist

@JW: I'm def no expert on reincarnation. I have seen those tv shows where some lady thinks she was reincarnated from someone who used to be on the Ti-tanic cuz she's afraid of water. Or people who get hypnotized and think they are remembering a past life experience.
      I used to try to be inclusive and say well we could all be worshipping the same god, just through different traditions. But it does seem a little cruel for any god to tell people who worship it, not to worship any other ones if we really were all praising the same dude. Why incite such hatred between people? Of course that's just my interpretation.
      @Peace2All: Thank goodness you have some practical suggestions! But then again, you often do.

September 2, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
    • J.W

Thanks Peace. I will have to see what I can find by them. Yeah I know there are a couple verses that could support reincarnation. One is when they thought John the Baptist was a reincarnation of Elijah, also when Jesus asked if a man was born blind because of his sin or his parents. I think there may have been a couple more I forgot now. The strongest verse against it is a verse I think in Hebrews that says you will die once and then will come before God's judgment or something like that. Reincarnation is most famously a belief of Hinduisms and I see a lot of similarities between Christianity and Hinduism. Like Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva are like the Triune God. Jesus would be like an avatar of God kind of like Krishna is of Vishnu. Hinduism is kind of complicated though. I am still trying to figure it out a little more.

September 2, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
    • fred

Scientology is big into reincarnation: We are all going somewhere; Moses to the promised land, Jesus to the Father, Christians to heaven, Hindus another level etc.
      Christianity is exclusive and all are welcome by simply asking Jesus into your life with a repentent heart. I have found no fault in what Jesus said and following Him does not bring harm but only leaves all those around better off. Buddah is ok as well as some other religions however, it was Jesus that came into my life. It was Jesus that revealed hope to me. I went from agnostic to OMG. I had to take the hard broken route filled with pain and suffering. Nothing else would have gotten my attention and held onto it.
      Recommendation go with exactly what Jesus says. He says no reincarnation as others define it.

September 2, 2011 at 5:54 pm |
    • J.W

Well I think I see where you are coming from there Frogist. In the Bible though some of the people would create a statue and worship it or something like that, basically worshiping something material that they created. God seemed to show anger towards people worshiping false Gods, but the Hindus still managed to flourish and are now the third largest religion. I don't know. But I guess some religions such as Buddhism, Confucianism, Sikhism do not really worship a god, and some Hindus do not either actually. I guess religion as a whole is pretty complicated.

September 2, 2011 at 5:57 pm |
    • Anton LaVey (ACTS)

J.W.
      If your god knew you before you were born then that means you existed before being born. hmmmmmmmmmmmm

September 2, 2011 at 5:59 pm |
    • J.W

Wow ACTS I never thought of that. Also is evolution just a scientific term for reincarnation?

September 2, 2011 at 6:00 pm |
    • Anton LaVey (ACTS)

J.W

----
      Okay now you are starting to spin off the axis. lol One deals with the spirit and the other biology.

September 2, 2011 at 6:04 pm |
    • Anton LaVey (ACTS)

J.W

------
      I no longer remember much of the bible but some of the more interesting things I do. lol

September 2, 2011 at 6:06 pm |
  14. Reality

Dear Rep. Ellison and also Muneef, lost in his Muslim brainwash,

The Five Steps To Deprogram 1400 Years of Islamic Myths:

( –The Steps take less than two minutes to finish- simply amazing, two minutes to bring peace and rationality to over one billion lost Muslims- Priceless!!!)

Are you ready?

Using "The 77 Branches of Islamic "faith" a collection compiled by Imam Bayhaqi as a starting point. In it, he explains the essential virtues that reflect true "faith" (iman) through related Qur’anic verses and Prophetic sayings." i.e. a nice summary of the Koran and Islamic beliefs.

The First Five of the 77 Branches:

"1. Belief in Allah"

aka as God, Yahweh, Zeus, Jehovah, Mother Nature, etc. should be added to your cleansing neurons.

"2. To believe that everything other than Allah was non-existent. Thereafter, Allah Most High created these things and subsequently they came into existence."

Evolution and the Big Bang or the "Gi-b G-nab" (when the universe starts to recycle) are more plausible and the "akas" for Allah should be included if you continue to be a "crea-tionist".

"3. To believe in the existence of angels."

A major item for neuron cleansing. Angels/de-vils are the mythical creations of ancient civilizations, e.g. Hitt-ites, to explain/define natural events, contacts with their gods, big birds, sudden winds, protectors during the dark nights, etc. No "pretty/ug-ly wingy thingies" ever visited or talked to Mohammed, Jesus, Mary or Joseph or Joe Smith. Today we would classify angels as f–airies and "tin–ker be-lls". Modern de-vils are classified as the de-mons of the de-mented.

"4. To believe that all the heavenly books that were sent to the different prophets are true. However, apart from the Quran, all other books are not valid anymore."

Another major item to delete. There are no books written in the spirit state of Heaven (if there is one) just as there are no angels to write/publish/distribute them. The Koran, OT, NT etc. are simply books written by humans for humans.

Prophets were invented by ancient scribes typically to keep the un-educated masses in line. Today we call them for-tune tellers.

Prophecies are also invali-dated by the natural/God/Allah gifts of Free Will and Future.

"5. To believe that all the prophets are true. However, we are commanded to follow the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him)
    alone."
    Mohammed spent thirty days "fasting" (the Ramadan legend) in a hot cave before his first contact with Allah aka God etc. via a "pretty wingy thingy". Common sense demands a neuron deletion of #5. #5 is also the major source of Islamic vi-olence i.e. turning Mohammed's "fast, hunger-driven" hallu-cinations into horrible reality for unbelievers.

Walk these Five Steps and we guarantee a complete recovery from your Islamic ways!!!!

Unfortunately, there are not many Muslim commentators/readers on this blog so the "two-minute" cure is not getting to those who need it. If you have a Muslim friend, send him a copy and help save the world.

Analogous steps are available at your request for deprogramming the myths of Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and Paganism..

September 2, 2011 at 3:39 pm |
    • Muneef

Brainwash means keeping clean and not stained...?!

We have a saying that goes "Humans in Life are of Minerals, some of them will never catch Rust Stains while others will catch all the Rust Stains".!!

It is about what you keep as belief and what you wash out as disbelief....by piling all with out wash at time a fuse of your brain mind system could blow up into insanity,madness,blackout...! So should try washing organizing your thought beliefs and washing out the rest blocking your inspirations and thinking...!?

September 2, 2011 at 4:19 pm |
    • Muneef

Bro.Keith mentioned about reading the Bibles and the Quran and by which he says;"it made me have a sense of inspiration and wonder".

Which means with out putting efforts in reading and researching you are at blackout and never can be having a sense of inspiration or wonder...just like sheep I suppose...?!

September 2, 2011 at 4:27 pm |
    • Muslim

Your de-brain-wash will not work for these reasons:
      1. Your absolute ignorance of what Islam is. (This is meant in the most respectful way). You can not debunk Islam if you don't know what you are talking about.
      I.e. (what is the believe in Allah?), or what does it mean to say believe in Allah, who is Allah? Once you can answer these as a Muslim would then you can speak of it intelligently.
      2 Before even reading the Big Bang theory, I can tell you, according to the Quran on how the universe is created it closely resembles the big bang theory. The Quran talks about many scientific facts 1400 years ago that we "Humans, or creation" is just discovering.
      3. Angles/devils should not be a concern for a none-believer. For one reason if you do not believe in the creator (unseen) how can you believe in the created (Unseen). Needless to say Europeans 500-1000 years ago thought the earth was flat (unseen them) we now know that is not the case (seen or proven to us).
      4. True all scripture are from Allah (The God). However, why don't Jews except the Gospel? or why done Christians call themselves Jews? since they read the same book. Why are there so many difference in the Bible? Why do all Muslim read the SAME book that is also not changed in 1400+ years? Hummm.. More home work.
      5. "Mohammed spent thirty days "fasting" (the Ramadan legend) in a hot cave before his first contact....."
      If you are going to make up your own stories, or falsifying the truth. It apparent you are not interested in the Truth as it is, or should be take serious. in other words you are just a troll.
      If you are on the other hand serious, I owe you an apology, but please do yourself a favor and really ready about the REAL ISLAM before you discuss it.
      Your conclusion about Muslims availability is completely untrue, Muslims do not have to defend their faith to those who want either take the time to learn about the subject they speak of.
      All other conclusions you have presented are misguided, and have no basis in Islam. Hopefully the next time we talk you will be ready for a real discussion, and can present real evidence instead of self made fabrications. HMS_8@yahoo.com

September 2, 2011 at 5:23 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

Muslim..yes.. please present the evidence you have to support Allah and what he did..like the moon thing on horses.reading the Koran is not evidence anymore than reading Harry Potter produces evidence for magic wands.

September 2, 2011 at 8:27 pm |
    • Muneef

Guess you will know all only when you die physically ;

Guess they have the right and obligation to deepen their roots in America or any where in the world including their own countries and not only over seas... Sustainable Development is an obligation on to us all Muslims or Non Muslims where ever they are...!!! Deepening roots is not by adding many births of generations but rather by showing love to the land and people by Sustainable Development in Fight against Pollution and Corruptions to their lands and communities..!?! or am I wrong?

September 3, 2011 at 4:09 am |
    • Muneef

Guess you will know all only when you die physically ;

The main Created Living Energies in the Universe;

Mankind is an Energy "Spirit and Body" that Made of him a Responsible Soul.....
      If Body expires consumed by illness or age or accidents...his life as a physical body dies...it leaves us with the Living of the Other Two "Spirit & Soul" unseen,untouched or felt by our physical world of Living..! The life of the "Barzakh", "The Twilight Zone" until the date of resurrection for the judgment date where they grow back from the ground as grass does looking like Locusts on Migration.

Main while until that date only lives another unphysical energy that is "Spirits&Souls" whom were promised that their Eyes Sight would be as Steel meaning very strong...which maybe to watch the consequences of their acts of Deeds Good or Bad which they will be questionable for on judgment date..they can not help or touch or communicate physically with each other... might be possible some say they were able to see them and talk to them in their sleep whom we call the small death...!

Other than those there were other Energy beings Created with different Bodies than the earthly water body that all earthly physical bodies been created of...
      One Nation of Many Tribes were the Jinn or Genies whom have "Spirit&Body that Created Soul for them and they fall as to the terms of mankind above... Their bodies told to be of Some Fire of Poisonous Gases...but that does not mean as exactly should look like it just as man was told of rain water and earth soils of different colors made as swamps...but in the end we now to our self look different although in the end we were made of swamps of minerals and now still minerals in a live shape..

The Jinn or Genies lived well back before humans on earth,their first parents made the same choice the mankind parents did so they will be held as humans accountable for their choices in life...the Jinn or Genies because of their slow growth rate they live far longer than humans...some estimated that a Year of ours is a Hundred at theirs...!! GOD told that between us and them Jinn there is a Curtain Seal where we can not see or hear or feel them nor they can see or hear or feel us...!! We are told only sorcerers at both sides can make use of each others although we were told that some Mankind tried to make use of Jinn but faced greater difficulties than they were with before...!!

Another thing we were told that only Satan and his Tribe of Devils of Evil Jinn's and Humans followers...can pass crossing through those Curtain Seals that are between Jinn and ManKind...
      Both are being targeted by Satan and his Devils to Stray them from their Roads of Faith in "GOD the Creator of All"..as an ought he made to GOD in Jealousy of Mankind Adam&Eve to stray them all...!!!

GOD has sent the Heavenly Holy Books addressing it to Mankind and Jinn warning them from the Evils of Satan and his Devils not to stray us from the Road of Submission to GOD.

GOD has challenged Mankind and the Jinn with that, even if they team up with each other they will not be able to produce some thing as similar as the words of the Holy Quran nor Can they penetrate between heavens with out the proper knowledge and Permission...!

Before the above named forms of Physical Bodies were created there was the first energy were the Angels who's bodies were produced from"The Light of Lights"...and were given different powers some has more wings to reach higher levels of heavens than others...but all fall in total submission to GOD and no choices  are made but total submission to GOD's instructions and orders...So there might not be falling angels but rather be wingless Angels whether were on Earth or any Planet any where in the Universe...

All above will become in 4D or say 6D live Vision on the date our Eyes become as Steel...and further more on Resurrection and Judgment date when they become judged one by one..appearing in their form as "Body&Soul" only GOD would know if The Spirits will be involved in presence at this stage...even if spirit was not being held accountable or face punishment... Or only the matter involves "Body&Soul" only to pay or receive their bounties for their deeds...

We can notice the rule of 3's here... Three Created Energies "Jinn,Mankind,Angels" and the Three that Formed Mankind being as "Spirit,Body,Soul" in one...

Now did any of the "Heavenly Holy Books" mention that as above other than the Quran...??

Salam,Peace to all.

September 3, 2011 at 4:16 am |
  15. Muneef

Waw a very interesting link to read although am not sure how would you judge it since already you called the "Heavenly Holy Books" as Fantasies and so on..what if your read this one here in link...is it Science Fantasies or what?!?
    In here it is not "Noah's Ark"...but rather "Space Ship" ?!
    Our "Pollution&Corruption Acts" returns back on us;
    Quote;
    7.2.5      Magnetic Poles change
    Earth's magnetic field disturbed by atomic explosions         35.P887-896
                Earth’s magnetism has been disturbed by atomic explosions.  These explosions produce a weak repulsion of the Earth, which influences the rotation by nearly immeasurable value.  In addition, the Earth has been forced a little out of normal orbit and slowly searches for a new orbital course.  Because of these explosions, Earth’s scientists have committed a crime against the planet and all of mankind.  The changes caused by these explosions will have a far-reaching effect of great importance, which can produce catastrophic results.  The magnetic poles are already being increasingly displaced.  Today, the Northern magnetic pole has already been displaced into the Canadian Ice Sea while the South Pole moves in the direction of South America.  In about 1,000 years, the migration of the poles will have progressed so far that the South Pole will be in South America and the North Pole will be in Saudi Arabia.  The calculated location of the North Pole in the year 3,000 will be between Jeddah, on the Red Sea, and Mecca.
    Unquote:

September 2, 2011 at 3:27 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

Earths magnetic poles have flipped numerous times in the past. The record is in the rocks of the mid-Atlantic ridge where new material is added to the plate boundaries as they spread apart. So at various times in the past a compass would point south. How quickly the flip takes is unknown but the only real worry would be what happens to the earths magnetic field during the transition and would ionizing radiation penetrate to the surface. It could also be that this increase in radiation played some significant role in mutations that had an effect on evolution.

September 2, 2011 at 3:41 pm |
    • Muneef

In here it is not "Noah's Ark"...but rather "Space Ship" ?!
      Our "Pollution&Corruption Acts" returns back on us;
      Quote;
      7.2.5      Magnetic Poles change
      Earth's magnetic field disturbed by atomic explosions         35.P887-896
      Unquote:
      ---–

The Arabian Peninsula
      2005-06-09 00:00:00

Professor Alfred Kroner is one of the world's most famous geologists.a Professor of Geology and the Chairman of the Department of Geology at the Inst-i-tute of Geosciences, Johannes Gutenburg University, Mainz, Germany.

We asked him to describe the geological conditions of Arabia. “Was Arabia once a green land with water and rivers in it?” He replied in affirmative, saying that this happened during the Ice Age. And it is further known that the North Polar icebergs are slowly moving southwards. When those polar icebergs become relatively close to the Arabian Peninsula, the weather will change and Arabia will become one of the greenest and wettest parts of the world. We asked him, “Will Arabia become fertile once more and have rivers in it?” He said, “Yes, it is a scientific fact.”

----

September 2, 2011 at 4:06 pm |
    • EvolvedDNA

Muneef..how many other scientists agree with him?

September 2, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
  16. My name is not relavent

I don't think any religion should be taken seriously. It does bother me though that a person can claim to have a certain set of beliefs for 30 to 50 years of their life and then suddenly change to some other religion or set of beliefs. I wouldn't be able to take that type of person as being mentally stable. That's what I would call a "flip-flop" of major proportions.

September 2, 2011 at 3:04 pm |
  17. mylifemyway

It is NOT a proven fact that one can not be good without god. That is an OPINION. Atheists aren't evil either. We just live our lives without fear and guilt. We do good things because they are good. No fairy tale needed.

September 2, 2011 at 2:58 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

Most of the most charitable people I know are in the art community. Most are not christian. We do charitable things because we want to and it is the right thing to do for your fellow man. We don't need a book written by men to teach us this nor do we need a pastor to ask us.

September 2, 2011 at 3:10 pm |
  18. Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

Something for Crystalriver to ponder.
    "Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs – Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!"— Anton Szandor LaVey

September 2, 2011 at 2:45 pm |
    • Anti Christian Taliban Schizophrenics

Every religion in the world that has destroyed people is based on love
      ~ Anton LaVey

September 2, 2011 at 2:50 pm |
  19. HappyMeal

Remember me? My Multiple Personality Disorder is acting up again.

September 2, 2011 at 2:19 pm |
  20. CrystalRiver

@Laughing, the abuse done by "Christians" was against the Christian dogma, not in accordance with it. Atheists do amoral or immoral things according to their nature. This is foundational difference. Also, the world was constantly liberated and made civil by Judeo-Christian values though most Americans are unaware, living with and being protected by Christian sanity all the time. Laughing, the world is not getting better but worse. Secular West proved it. It killed more number of humans by abortion and engage and promote unspeakable immorality and boast about it. We've seen it all.

September 2, 2011 at 2:11 pm |
    • Laughing

Like I said, you have to take the good with the bad. You want to hold a person who is Christian up as someone who espouses christianity but reject the evil doers is fine. But you can't then decide that people like Bill Gates who has done the world a lot of good doesn't count, however a country that is run on a policy of atheism to get rid of competi.tion is what atheists are like. As far as Americans doing the world liberation thing? WWI? Maybe, WWII, sure, Vietnam War, Korean War.... no, Iraq and Afghanistan? No. Also keep in mind you can't really say we were "made civil" by Judeo-Christian values. It was British values that came over to America with us. Now would you say that Europe was "made civil" by Judeo-Chrsitian values? Look at the state of Africa after colonolism, WWI, WWII. We might get values from the religion du jour that is around in the west, but civilized cultures is in the eye of the beholder.

As for abortions. Don't want to touch that topic, I know your view on it, and however wrong you are, thers no changing that, but you don't acknowledge the lives saved with the stem cells that come from aborted fetus's.

September 2, 2011 at 2:25 pm |
    • AtheistSteve

@CrystalRiver

The abortion issue has been debated to death but if you look at history...real history...it is your god who comes out looking like the most evil child killer of all. Consider that there are about 7 billion people alive right now. Calculating backward throughout human history we end up with about 100 billion births. Unlike today for most of history the survival rate for children was less than 50%. That means 50 billion children suffered and died from malnutrition and disease and such. None were old enough(age of reason) to make moral decisions to follow Jesus and so depending on your take are automatically in hell or heaven is bursting to its seams with mindless automatons. Add to that the estimated 75% of pre-born deaths(fertilized eggs that fail to implant, stillborns, mothers who died in labor etc.) and an additional 300 billion child deaths are also God's fault. The Holocaust of the Children is your Gods legacy. And if you believe all children automatically go to heaven then you should be slaughtering your children before they are able to sin simply out of compassion.

September 2, 2011 at 2:58 pm |
    • hahaha

Yep, the dark ages were quite liberating and civil

September 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm |
    • @Laughing

Answers to Laughing, AtheistSteve, and DamianKnight are on the 6th page.

September 3, 2011 at 5:18 am |