home
RSS
Poll: Many Americans uncomfortable with Muslims
A new survey finds many Americans are uncomfortable with Muslims.
September 6th, 2011

Poll: Many Americans uncomfortable with Muslims

By Eric Marrapodi, CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Washington (CNN) - Ten years after 9/11, Americans are wrestling with their opinions of Muslims, a new survey found, and where Americans get their TV news is playing a role in those opinions.

Nearly half of Americans would be uncomfortable with a woman wearing a burqa, a mosque being built in their neighborhood or Muslim men praying at an airport.   Forty-one percent would be uncomfortable if a teacher at the elementary school in their community were Muslim.

Forty-seven percent of survey respondents said the values of Islam are at odds with American values.

The Public Religion Research Institute conducted the survey and issued a report in conjunction with the Brookings Institution, "What it Means to be American: Attitudes in an Increasingly Diverse America 10 Years after 9/11."

“Americans are wrestling with fear, but on the other hand they're also wrestling with acceptance,” said Robert P. Jones, CEO of the Public Religion Research Institute.

The results of the survey were announced Tuesday at the Brookings Institution in Washington.

One issue that seemed to divide respondents was sharia law.

Overall, 61% of respondents disagreed that Muslims want to establish sharia law in the U.S.

"2011 has been an enormously active year for this question," Jones said. "Forty-nine bills have been introduced in 29 states to ban sharia law. We asked the same question back in February, and only 23% of Americans agreed Muslims want to establish sharia as the law of the land. That number has gone up to 30%, so still a minority, but the minority has grown."

The numbers were also showed a correlation with where people went for their news.

Of Americans who say they trust Fox News the most for their television news, 52% believe that Muslims are trying to establish sharia law in the United States. Sixty-eight percent of Fox viewers believed the values of Islam were at odds with American values.

The report says fewer than one-third of Americans who most trust broadcast news, CNN (20%) and public television (23%) believe that Muslims are trying to establish sharia.

"It's an emotional roller coaster," said Dr. Muqtedar Khan, a professor of political science at the University of Delaware.  "I looked at this survey, and I'm really depressed."

Khan, a practicing Muslim, was particularly disturbed by the attitudes toward Muslims and what he called a misunderstanding of sharia law. "Sharia is just a prop, an attempt to say, 'we just don't know and like Muslims.' "

The survey also found strong support of religious liberty and tolerance.

Eighty-eight percent of those contacted by pollsters agreed that "America was founded on the idea of religious freedom for everyone, including religious groups that are unpopular."

One year after a Florida pastor burned a copy of the Quran, 95% of people polled said religious books should be treated with respect.

And two-thirds of those polled said there should be strict separation between church and state.

According to Jones, 2,450 Americans were reached by phone for the survey, and it had a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: 9/11 • Belief • Islam • Sharia • United States

soundoff (1,019 Responses)
  1. Tom

I feel very uncomfortable with a religion that has a bible saying to it's people to kill me and people I know and love here in the United States. Just a few verses

Qur'an 2:191 "And kill them wherever you find and catch them. Drive them out from where they have turned you out; for Al-Fitnah (polytheism, disbelief, oppression) is worse than slaughter."
    Qur'an 33:60 "Truly, if the Hypocrites stir up sedition, if the agitators in the City do not desist, We shall urge you to go against them and set you over them. Then they will not be able to stay as your neighbors for any length of time. They shall have a curse on them. Whenever they are found, they shall be seized and slain without mercy – a fierce slaughter – murdered, a horrible murdering."

In our bible God kills people, and people who kill people, those quotes can be taken out of context, the quotes above, are direct statements without any pretext, so please, Muslims, go jump off a cliff with your beliefs...

September 7, 2011 at 2:03 am |
    • Tom

Meant to apply to the world, I was simply stating my personal fears associated with Muslims in my homeland.

September 7, 2011 at 2:07 am |
    • SeekTheTRUTH

Although, you say these quotes are without pretext, you are a liar.
      Because you took out these verses out of context, according to the context for the first verse.
      Quran: Surah Baqara 2.190-194:
      "Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith. But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression. The prohibited month for the prohibited month,- and so for all things prohibited,- there is the law of equality. If then any one transgresses the prohibition against you, Transgress ye likewise against him. But fear God, and know that God is with those who restrain themselves."

If you quote in context, it means those who attacked the Muslims, are told to fight back for justice. The verses even say that if the people who started the fight begin to stop and make peace than we too must also stop and make peace as well, far from terrorism. Historically, this refers to the Battle of Badr:

September 7, 2011 at 2:14 am |
    • Tom

From what I read, if we fight they are supposed to kill us... kind of a big difference there...

September 7, 2011 at 2:18 am |
    • SeekTheTRUTH

fourth line last sentence from the last quote.

September 7, 2011 at 2:21 am |
    • Tom

Yeah I am also reading in that pule quote, except from those who oppress, me telling a muslim that they are thinking backwards is considered an argument or a fight, by the very definition of that quote he should slay me for such an action, really doesn't tell one to be peaceful, less I believe his beliefs

September 7, 2011 at 2:27 am |
    • Mohammed

@truth MAANNNNNN you beat me to it lool. its so predictable that the verse 191 is always, and I mean ALWAYS quoted, but somehow they always leave out the verse before and after loool. but here lets look at verse 2:191 its self. and I will quote what Tom wrote himself

Now, this is what you wrote Tom. Look at the second sentence "drive them out from where they have turned you out". Shouldnt that say something to you. Even people like you who try and play with words and leave out context fail miserably lool. In order for someone to drive someone out from where they were driven out, THEY HAVE TO BE DRIVEN OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Meaning, they had to be attacked in the first place, they had to be kicked out of their home, they had to have had a reason to FIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE. its elementary logic man lol. smh. but ya try and actually quote things in context it would give your argument more weight, instead of having someone else come and destroy it without even trying

September 7, 2011 at 2:29 am |
    • tallulah13

I am uncomfortable with a religion with a selfish, capricious god who kills almost everybody on the planet, including innocent children and animals, because they aren't worshiping him likes he wanted. I am uncomfortable with a religion whose bible if full of horrible, violent rhetoric, even within context. I am uncomfortable with a religion that has a history of killing or torturing those with different beliefs. I am uncomfortable with a religion whose followers pick and choose verses from their "good book", and use some to condemn others while completely ignoring others. For instance, why are people protesting g.ay marriage, but still eating seafood? I am extremely uncomfortable with a religion that bows down to an implement of torture and thinks that the fact that a man was executed upon such a device is the greatest thing ever.

However, I am a citizen of the United States, a place where everyone is free to follow the religion (or lack of religion) of their choice. Tolerance is the price I pay for my own freedoms.

September 7, 2011 at 2:30 am |
    • SeekTheTRUTH

No where does it say in the whole quote that you must force them to accept your religion.

September 7, 2011 at 2:31 am |
    • Tom

Well, how about the second quote? Also it says turned out, not attacked, I don't know where you are getting that information from...

September 7, 2011 at 2:31 am |
    • Tom

Still makes me petrified even if its self defense that you should slaughter them dead, killing is an issue I have right now, even if I "transgress on their limits" whatever a limit is.

September 7, 2011 at 2:37 am |
    • SeekTheTRUTH

the reason I did not touch the second qoute was because honestly I dont know the context and dont have much information. I will definitely do research and will GOD willingly clear any misconceptions. I am only a student of knowledge and I only correct people if they are wrong.
      Regarding the second quote I can answer you after doing a research and you can message me on my email:
      unknown_zone27@hotmail.com

September 7, 2011 at 2:38 am |
    • Mohammed

@ Tom Maybe actually reading the entire chapter your posting from would help. If you dont know what persecution is, then God help you so to actually put it in CONTEXT

33:58 Those who persecute the believing men and the believing women, who did not do anything wrong, have committed not only a falsehood, but also a gross sin.

33:60 Unless the hypocrites, and those with disease in their hearts, and the vicious liars of the city refrain (from persecuting you), we will surely grant you the upper hand, then they will be forced to leave within a short while.

33:61 They have incurred condemnation wherever they go; (unless they stop attacking you,) they may be taken and killed.

Now, you may ask where does the (unless they stop attacking you part come in). That my friend comes in from verses @seekthetruth posted: "Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; " ""but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression."",

September 7, 2011 at 2:39 am |
    • Mohammed

@tom by the way, where in the world did you get the quote for 33:60??

This part you Quoted:

"Then they will not be able to stay as your neighbors for any length of time. They shall have a curse on them. Whenever they are found, they shall be seized and slain without mercy – a fierce slaughter – murdered, a horrible murdering."

Does not exist in the Arabic Quran, like not even close. Look at the verses I quoted above, thats all the verses say in arabic. There is no fierce killing without mercy or what not. it simply says they have incurred a curse wherever they go and they will be killed. THats ALL. dont know where your getting your quotes.

September 7, 2011 at 2:48 am |
    • Tom

From this discussion it's obvious why there is a problem with the Islamic faith wanting to kill others, as long as they are oppressed it's ok to end someones life, who really thinks that is rational in any sense. By the definition of what oppressed means its clear why there was so much disruption from other countries occurring by Muslim sects, if you tell someone of a Muslim faith to stop doing something, from the scriptures, they should kill you, there is no room for tolerance and by the world news and history that has occurred coupled with these texts, makes me quite fearful. Thank you for giving me further understanding...

And if god wishes to persecute them, let him do it then! That's what my bible says.

September 7, 2011 at 2:56 am |
    • Mohammed

@tom looool you are something else I swear. You go from misquoting and putting things out of context, and when you are corrected instead of saying ya I was wrong I should read things and put things in context, you flip the script and put your opinion in because you cant defend what you wrote with hard evidence.

If you dont know what oppression is, please read your history books. Oppression is not a matter of difference of opinion, thats stupid and if you really actually believe thats what it means, then I feel sorry for you.

What your saying is muslims will kill you for difference of opinion. Or if someone tells them they shouldnt do something from their book, which is just stupid and idiotic and hearsay on your part. If had plenty of muslims tell me I should or shouldnt do something. Ive seen muslims argue over scripture all the time, ive seen them disagree over it, but they all walked away alive. so just stop being idiotic.

If you really believe oppression is a matter of opinion, then I dont know how you passed your history class. This country was founded by the gun fighting oppression. Slaves died fighting oppression. WW2 ended by people fighting oppression. India got its freedom fighting peacefully AND VIOLENTLY against oppression. This is 3rd grade stuff man, its just sad

September 7, 2011 at 3:11 am |
    • revolation84

@mohaemeed ^ So maybe you can tell those peoples that running the site.

Islam is very clever when they are in the corner and they twisted their own prophets word! just camouflage it on Christian world.

Beware my brothers, we are not stupid to get deviated.

September 7, 2011 at 4:58 am |
  2. Tony

Mohammed the poster ) reply to me said that" the Quran doesn't tell Muslims to not be friends with none Muslims and even showed me a verse to support what he said, then Mohammed said Muslims are to hate only those who persecute Muslims.

And asked me to show prove of what I said using the Quran, well here we have the Quran cursing Christians and Jews for no other reason they then don't believe in Mohammed.

Quran attacking Jews and Christians..

And the Jews say: Uzair is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!

how can you be friends with Christians and Jews with Mohammed says may Allah destroy them, not may God have merecy on them and know the so called truth, instead asks for total distruction of Christians and Jews.

September 7, 2011 at 2:03 am |
    • SeekTheTRUTH

What is the definition of GOD according to you?

September 7, 2011 at 2:16 am |
    • Tom

a thought dreamed up by insanity from people who heard voices in their heads, like a modern day schitzo

September 7, 2011 at 2:21 am |
    • Mohammed

Tony- there is kind of a big difference between God telling Muslims to hate Everyone who isnt a Muslim, and God Damming those who blaspheme against him dont you think. Notice, even in that verse, God doesnt command the muslims to go and kill the jews and christians like all the crazy people like to believe. That DAMNING god says himself. They are damned and cursed and everything else BY GOD. Thats for God to deal with. Just as in christianity God punishes those who Blaspheme, why are you having a different standard for Islam?

Like I said, No where in the Quran does it say to hate jews or christians. Even in that verse its self you quoted it doesnt say to hate them does it??? it could have easily said so if that was true, but instead that verse speaks of GOD Condemning them. Something you will find plenty of in the bible, so again I ask whats with the double standard?

September 7, 2011 at 2:23 am |
    • SeekTheTRUTH

Well, according to you and your interpretation of others. I would say true.
      But if you read the scriptures, (ofcourse you don't have to believe it, but if you want to understand a religious persons mentality), you get a complete different picture.
      Every religious scriptures of major religion, tells you that there is one God and one should not associate any partners with God.
      Now if you mock God by saying he has a begotten son, implying he had inter course to have that son, will GOD not get angry and destroy them for mocking the All Mighty. For mocking that someone else beside GOD shares the Throne or shares the ownership of rule.

September 7, 2011 at 2:27 am |
    • Robbie

Tony, don't waste your time with SeekTheTRUTH and Mohammed, they are simply trying to confuse the issue. Everyone is aware of the fact that the Koran is and has been used to justify all manner of heinous crimes IN THIS CENTURY as well as in the past. These two argue that the Koran does not support the very actions that we have witnessed over and over again:

Osama bin Laden leads a group of followers to destroy aircraft, buildings and the people in them as part of his interpretation of the Koran – the people that were killed, Christians, Jews, Muslims and others were not enemies of Islam.

The Taliban interpret the Koran to mean that they are justified in their killing, in their treatment of women.

Many followers of Islam believe that the Koran directs them to convert, subjugate or kill those that stand in the way of the development of Islam as a local, national and world power (Caliphate.) They publicly state these objectives and we have seen actions to this effect throughout the entire history of Islam.

Perhaps Seek and M are part of the peaceful population of Muslims that want to live together and respect all peaceful and social forms of religion and religious practice. That would be wonderful. Their comments seem to suggest otherwise. My issue is with those that use the Koran to justify murder and to further their desire to forcefully convert the world to Islam. That viewpoint will never be tolerated.

September 7, 2011 at 3:34 am |
    • revolation84

Yeah start by read this: http://quran.com/5/51 -> that Muslim are not allowed to ally and friend with Jews and Christians.

I write this under USA freedom of speech, so don't hack or spam at me. I don't attack Islam or Muslim, I just write the fact!!

September 7, 2011 at 5:01 am |
  3. Curt

Taking your frustrations out on people will do you no good... I mean talking about global warming does nothing.

We know what causes it, it's all the c02 that traps the sunrays inside the atmosphere... So its called not using gasoline as energy... But muslims wouldn't like that either because that's where they get ALL THEIR MONEY FROM!!!!

September 7, 2011 at 1:58 am |
    • Curt

Religious people need to open their eyes and live life. Not just pray for things to change and do nothing to change.

September 7, 2011 at 1:59 am |

Curt,
      What is the purpose of your life?

September 7, 2011 at 2:02 am |
    • Curt

I mean all carbon monoxide. LOL pretty sure we breathe co2

September 7, 2011 at 2:02 am |
    • Curt

Yeah truth seeker eat a c@ck

September 7, 2011 at 2:03 am |
    • SeekTheTRUTH

Did you forget the time when you were dead(did not exist in this world) then you were given life;
      now you are enjoying life and you will die, and you believe all that,
      but you cant believe that you will be given life again after you die on the Day of Resurrection.

September 7, 2011 at 2:11 am |
    • Tom

Seeker I encourage you to seek psychiatric help with the condition you have, someone telling you something does not make it true, and if that person is speaking to someone in their head then it is really dangerous...

September 7, 2011 at 2:23 am |

TOM,

I ask you the same question I asked Curt,
      What is the purpose of your life?

September 7, 2011 at 2:32 am |
  4. Markos

Women in Islam, yes, you can beat your wife:
    Quan 4:34: "Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance – [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand."

September 7, 2011 at 1:57 am |
  5. Carla

Americans are made stupid by all their own movies.

September 7, 2011 at 1:57 am |
    • Just Saying.

From a pool of 13 million people the Jews have earned more than 200 Nobel Prizes. From a pool of 1.6 Billion people the Muslims have earned a mere six Nobel Prizes.

Jews legacy to the world is their hard work to help improve all of mankind. Muslims work hard to build homemade rockets and their legacy to the world is the suicide bomber.

September 7, 2011 at 2:16 am |
  6. Carla

With Muslims or without, the West has no hope because it is deadly immoral and promoting it to other worlds. The pollution force must be stopped.

September 7, 2011 at 1:55 am |
    • Telengard

Start by banning algebra from schools. And to show your devotion to eradicating the evil Muslims, boycott soap. Nobody needs that filthy Arabic invention - especially you.

September 7, 2011 at 2:05 am |
  7. pete

A religion that allows 4 wives is travesty.

September 7, 2011 at 1:55 am |
  8. Curt

Yeah people that believe in one... Its called people that believe in God... They exist all over the world... They don't separate you by what religion you follow like Muslims, Christians, and Freemasons do...

September 7, 2011 at 1:55 am |
    • Curt

And very other religion... They all separate people....... Then they argue my book says this.. Oh well my book says this.. WELL EVERYONES PROBABLY WRONG.

September 7, 2011 at 1:56 am |
  9. Just Saying.

"I have built my organization upon fear" – AL CAPONE, American gangster & terrorist.

"I have been made victorious with terror!" – PROPHET MUHAMMAD, Arab gangster & terrorist.

September 7, 2011 at 1:53 am |
  10. Carla

Atheists murdered the most in human history. Secular Europeans and Americans did great deal of polluting the planet so no creature can survive in this planet. Thanks.

September 7, 2011 at 1:49 am |
    • Curt

haha MUSLIMS are the ones MAKING MONEY OFF OIL.... They are definitely NO SAINTS.

September 7, 2011 at 1:51 am |
    • Joebob

AMEN SISTER CARLA

Damn god haters need to burn for their sins to this planet. Global warming is gods way of saying you better cool it and get right with JESUS>

September 7, 2011 at 1:51 am |
    • Curt

September 7, 2011 at 1:54 am |
    • Nodack

Cookoo. Loon. Fruit loop. Nut case. Wacko. Mentally disturbed.

September 7, 2011 at 1:56 am |
    • Just Saying.

When is the last time you heard of an Athiest eviscerating himself on a bus, in a market or at a disco, because the targeted victims did not follow his non-beliefs?

September 7, 2011 at 1:56 am |
    • Telengard

Way to go, Joebob. You just showed how heartless and idiotic Christians can be.

September 7, 2011 at 1:56 am |
  11. Just Saying.

If Muslims claim to be secure with their religion, why is Faithfreedom(dot)org the most hacked and attacked website on the internet? This site was created by ExMuslims who help other Muslims leave Islam.

September 7, 2011 at 1:48 am |
  12. Curt

Like really what the hell have muslims done recently to improve the world.

September 7, 2011 at 1:45 am |
    • Curt

The only things the Muslims have is oil, without that.. All they'd have is being a Muslim and we probably wouldn't even pay attention to them.

September 7, 2011 at 1:48 am |
    • Joebob

JACK SQUAT! IM DIGGIN IN

Turnin my celler into a bomb celler.

War never changes

September 7, 2011 at 1:49 am |
    • Just Saying.

So far Islam's legacy to the world is the suicide bomber.

September 7, 2011 at 1:50 am |
    • Telengard

Exactly! Who needs algebra, anyhow? Such a worthless arabic invention. Oh, and cameras are worthless Arabic inventions, too. And by the way... Don't use any soap, because as we all know, soap is another worthless Muslim invention.

September 7, 2011 at 1:53 am |
    • Felix

Lets not forget chess, parachutes, pay-checks, or trigonometry for that matter.

September 7, 2011 at 1:57 am |
  13. Markos

@Omar,

Can you go to a Brooklyn mosque and condemn 911, bin laden and the attackers?

I DARE you.

September 7, 2011 at 1:45 am |

Freedom of Speech.
      No one will stop you.

September 7, 2011 at 1:53 am |
    • 3be1

The majority of educated Muslims are against what bin laden did and against what he stands for. People who might sympathise with him tend to be villagers who don't understand common sense and see him as some one who stands for the rights of the poor and weak against world powers. Their backing to him is based on emotions and miss-information. Just like your hate to Islam, its based on lack of knowledge and ignorance !!!

September 7, 2011 at 1:58 am |
    • 3be1

I am not sure what's so special about that particular mosque, but bin laden is creticized very often in Muslims gatherings and mosques. What do you know about that particular mosque?

September 7, 2011 at 2:01 am |
    • Pharaoh of California

I condemn the 9/11 attacks and whoever happens to have committed or participated or endorsed them.
      Extremism is a HUMAN plague, not an Islamic characterisitc.

September 7, 2011 at 2:04 am |
    • omar

Yes, Markos ,I am in fact from brooklyn.I haven't met a single person in brooklyn who is muslim and I am a regular mosque goer who doesn't condemn 9/11.THe majority of muslim americans condemn 9/11 and terrorism.Have you read the ISNA Fatwa on terrorism.ISNA is the largest muslim society in the US.Like all americans,we condem 9/11 and were heartbroken that day.Hope we never have to face any day like that again.Islam doesn;t make us any less patriotic than anyone else.

September 7, 2011 at 2:07 am |
  14. Felix

Is it just a matter of time before this irrational fear blows over? i sure hope so because some of the viewpoints I've heard are starting to frustrate me. It's easy to point fingers at an isolated, extreme subset of a vastly more expansive and ideologically different religion. but we need to understand that that's all it is – an isolated group. And the media is not going to help you with this. unfortunately CNN or the Herald Tribune or the Murdoch empire don't stand to make much money by writing stories depicting the peaceful, spiritual lives of almost every Muslim on the planet.
    Christianity doesn't get this bad of a reputation in the US, and KKK did some pretty horrible stuff. and Germany doesnt take the heat everyday for being the unfortunate hosts of the nazi party. so when is the general opinion of Islam going to improve?

September 7, 2011 at 1:45 am |
    • Just Saying.

The Nazis and the KKK have their own doctrines, and they do what they do in spite of what the Christian doctrine teaches, not because of what it teaches. In complete contrast, every single thing Muslims do every single day of their lives is because of what the Islamic doctrine instructs. The Quran is replete with very specific instructions for wars, terrorism and killing. When, where, who, how and why.

September 7, 2011 at 2:10 am |
  15. Curt

What makes me sick is how Muslims probably stereotype white people and think they all believe in Christianity.

It's like, No, I don't need a book to live my life like your retards.

September 7, 2011 at 1:44 am |
    • SeekTheTRUTH

What is the purpose of your life? ???to gain wealth, that will not buy you happiness; to make a career that will eventually lead to old-age, to raise a family that will not follow you in your grave, to run after the material world that will eventually run away from you????
      Did you forget the time when you were dead then you were given life; now you are enjoying life and you will die, and you believe all that, but you cant believe that you will be given life again on the Day of Judgement.

September 7, 2011 at 1:56 am |
  16. Ferd of Aragon

There is no neutral ground in the ongoing clash of civilizations. Curt you are trying to hide from reality. The Quran contains verses that promote hatred towards other religions in the following order of decreasing hatred; Jews and pagans(the most hated), Christians (dhimis) who are cursed according to the Quran and lastly Muslims of a different sect. The fact that Islam is so much talked about in the media, is due to the fact that it is a problem. Atheists would think they are safe from Islam. They are in fact hated more than the Christian Westerners because they fall in the category of Jews and Pagans. Before you conclude that Islam is Ok, please read the Quran first. Do not conclude out of ignorance.

September 7, 2011 at 1:43 am |
    • Joebob

this sonogun right here is right.

We need to raise a milita army and fight these heathens back towards Desert they crawled out of! DONT TREAD ON ME!

September 7, 2011 at 1:47 am |
  17. Joebob

My church teaches me to defend Jesus at all costs. If you godhaters and Muslims want to take my religion, I will do what any Christian taught by Jesus would do.

I will shoot but the Lord will pull the trigger!

AMEN!

September 7, 2011 at 1:43 am |
  18. Shantul

Fox news pro-israel shows more hatred for muslims as compared to more free and impartial CNN.After reading translation of KORAN, i came to know that it has so much similarities with TORAH and BIBLE and it teaches all good things but muslims are not following it as it is.I had one muslim friend and he was as nice a human as one can be.Its just misconcetption about muslims as a whole.We cant hate all christians for some pedophile christian priests,similary we cant hate all jews for some jews killed innocent palestine kids .Good and bad are in every religion.Dont b racist.PEACE

September 7, 2011 at 1:41 am |
  19. Telengard

Christians, Muslims, Jews, Pagans: You are all insane. If you honestly believe in imaginary gods, that's a sign of schizophrenia. Please seek mental help, ASAP.

September 7, 2011 at 1:39 am |
    • Matt

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN! (Yes I know the irony of saying 'amen' to that but oh well lol)

September 7, 2011 at 1:41 am |
    • Joebob

UR insane Son

I didn't fight for my right to party in Vietnam so you yellow belly god haters could spout nonsense at me! Grow a pair and buck up. God is watching and your time is limited. Greatest trick devil ever pulled was convincing guys like you he was not real!

September 7, 2011 at 1:46 am |
    • Telengard

You "grow a pair." Take your ball-sack fetish somewhere else.

September 7, 2011 at 1:49 am |
    • SeekTheTRUTH

Did you forget the time when you were dead then you were given life; now you are enjoying life and you will die, and you believe all that, but you cant believe that you will be given life again on the Day of Resurrection.

September 7, 2011 at 1:57 am |
    • Telengard

Sorry, not everybody needs fairy tales and imaginary friends to get through life.

September 7, 2011 at 2:00 am |
  20. Carla

Atheists killed the most. Blame and ban atheism. Americans are naive because of illiteracy; they are 100 years behind the Russians in thinking and understanding.

September 7, 2011 at 1:36 am |
    • Matt

Actually if us atheists ruled, there would be no wars and science would be the law of the land and life would be better... Religion in general does the most damage to humans...

September 7, 2011 at 1:40 am |
    • Telengard

What?! Oh yeah, I forgot about the Atheist Crusades, the Atheist Roman Empire, and Atheist priests molesting little boys. Thank you for setting me straight.

September 7, 2011 at 1:41 am |
    • annon22

lol...Russia ahead of people. Give me a break. Not 40 years ago you were decimated by your own collapse due to communism. And we helped bail you out. Maybe Chernobyl has affected your memory.

September 7, 2011 at 1:47 am |