home
RSS
My Take: Muslims should stop apologizing for 9/11
Muslims praying last month in Los Angeles, California, at the end of Ramadan.
September 7th, 2011

My Take: Muslims should stop apologizing for 9/11

Editor’s note: Aman Ali is a New York-based writer, stand-up comedian and the co-creator of 30 Mosques in 30 Days, a Ramadan road trip across America.

By Aman Ali, Special to CNN

New York (CNN) - As a Muslim, I’m sick of people asking me how I feel about 9/11. What do you want me to say, seriously?

Do you want me to say, “It was a great plan, mwahahaha!” before I fly off on a magic carpet?

I was born and raised in this country and was just as shocked as everyone else to learn there were people on this earth so vile as to commit such a horrific attack - or to even think about doing it.

But I didn’t do it. Neither did 99.999999999 percent of the roughly 1.5 billion people in the world who also call themselves Muslims. So why should I or any other Muslim apologize for what happened?

Nickleback is planning on releasing another album. Should I ask white people to apologize for that?

Just like Christianity and Judaism, Islam unequivocally condemns terrorism. Don’t take it from me, though. Grab a copy of the Quran from a library and find out for yourself.

Don’t rely on some cherry-picked crackpot interpretation of the Muslim holy book that you read on some Islamophobic hack’s poorly designed website. Speaking of which, Islamophobes need to put down the Quran and pick up a book on HTML programming and Flash.

When 9/11 happened, I can understand why the average person would want to know what Muslims actually believe. After all, the terrorists claimed they were acting in the name of Islam.

That’s why hundreds of Islamic organizations around the globe condemned the attacks and told the truth about how Islam doesn’t condone terrorism whatsoever.

But that was 10 years ago. Why are mainstream American Islamic groups like the Islamic Society of North America, the Council on American-Islamic Relations and the Muslim Public Affairs Council still condemning the attacks and just about any other act of terrorism that pops up in the news?

Weren’t we clear before how we feel about terrorism? If people didn’t understand us for the past 10 years, what makes Muslims think they’re going to understand us now?

If I have to explain 10 times to my little brother how to operate the toaster in my apartment, that’s not my fault because of inadequate messaging. It’s my brother’s fault that he’s dumb.

It’s ridiculous for Muslims to continuously condemn and apologize for stuff when every religion has their fair share of crazies.

Imagine you’re in the habit of partying with a group of friends. And every party you go to, there's a friend in your crew that spills grape juice on the carpet - the really awesome kind of grape juice that’s in the fancy wine bottles (we Muslims don’t drink alcohol but we still can party like ballers).

How would you feel if people stopped inviting you to their parties because your one friend kept spilling grape juice? That's how I feel. I'm really annoyed I have to keep apologizing or condemning Muslim extremists that keep spilling their grape juice of hate on the world.

Dictionary.com defines the word apologize as “to offer an apology or excuse for some fault insult, failure, or injury.”

When 9/11 happened, I was 16 years old and playing Tetris during English class on my TI-83 calculator. I’ll apologize for not paying attention to Mrs. Fulton’s lecture at my high school in Gahanna, Ohio, but that’s about it.

Just because people hundreds of miles away claimed they were Muslim and committed a terrible act doesn’t mean I should apologize for it.

Mike Tyson started sucking really bad in the boxing ring after he converted to Islam. Should I apologize for that? Oh, and I think I saw a few Muslim-sounding names in the production credits for the movie “Green Lantern.” I guess I should apologize for that, too.

I’m not trying to be insensitive about 9/11. Of course my prayers and sentiments are with anyone affected by the tragedy. The same goes for any act of terrorism.

But I’m not going to apologize or condemn them because I don’t need to prove my patriotism with some kind of McCarthyite litmus test. The Pew Research Center released a study last week that found that Muslim Americans are far more pleased with how things are going in the United States (56%) than is the general public (23%).

That finding is not going to provoke me to question the general public’s patriotism. But please stop questioning ours.

The 9/11 attacks were a terrible tragedy that changed all of our lives. There’s no way we can ever forget what happened.

But what we Muslims can do is advance the conversation, rather than repeating the same old condemnations. Condemnations and apologies are like an out of style fashion trend, the parachute pants and neon hair scrunchies of civil discourse.

What Muslims need is an extreme makeover. Now that’s some extremism I can get behind.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Aman Ali.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: 9/11 • Islam • Opinion

soundoff (2,556 Responses)
  1. Reality

In case you missed this on p. 12:

Aman Ali,

So you are tired of apologizing for 911. Have you apologized yet for the following acts of koranic-driven terror?:

The Muslim Conquest of India – 11th to 18th century

■"The likely death toll is somewhere between 2 million and 80 million. The geometric mean of those two limits is 12.7 million. "

and the 19 million killed in the Mideast Slave Trade 7C-19C by Muslims.

and more recently

1) 179 killed in Mumbai/Bombay, 290 injured

2) Assassination of Benazir Bhutto and Theo Van Gogh

3) The 24/7 Sunni-Shiite centuries-old blood feud currently being carried out in Iraq, US troops killed in action, 3,483 and 925 in non combat roles. 99,901 – 109,143 Iraqi civilians killed as of 3/3/2011/, mostly due to suicide bombers, http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ and http://www.defenselink.mil/news/casualty.pdf

4) Kenya- In Nairobi, about 212 people were killed and an estimated 4000 injured; in Dar es Salaam, the attack killed at least 11 and wounded 85.[2]

5) Bali-in 2002-killing 202 people, 164 of whom were foreign nationals, and 38 Indonesian citizens. A further 209 people were injured.

6) Bali in 2005- Twenty people were killed, and 129 people were injured by three bombers who killed themselves in the attacks.

7) Spain in 2004- killing 191 people and wounding 2,050.

8. UK in 2005- The bombings killed 52 commuters and the four radical Islamic suicide bombers, injured 700.

9) The execution of an eloping couple in Afghanistan on 04/15/2009 by the Taliban.

10) – Afghanistan: US troops 1,141 killed in action, 242 killed in non-combat situations as of 03/03/2011. Over 40,000 Afghan civilians killed due to the dark-age, koranic-driven Taliban acts of horror

11) The killing of 13 citizen soldiers at Ft. Hood by a follower of the koran.

12) 38 Russian citizens killed on March 29, 2010 by Muslim women suicide bombers.

13) The May 28, 2010 attack on a Islamic religious minority in Pakistan, which have left 98 dead,

14) Lockerbie is known internationally as the site where, on 21 December 1988, the wreckage of Pan Am Flight 103 crashed as a result of a terrorist bomb. In the United Kingdom the event is referred to as the Lockerbie disaster, the Lockerbie bombing, or simply Lockerbie. Eleven townspeople were killed in Sherwood Crescent, where the plane's wings and fuel tanks plummeted in a fiery explosion, destroying several houses and leaving a huge crater, with debris causing damage to a number of buildings nearby. The 270 fatalities (259 on the plane, 11 in Lockerbie) were citizens of 21 nations.

15 The daily suicide and/or roadside and/or mosque bombings in the terror world of Islam.

16) Bombs sent from Yemen by followers of the koran which fortunately were discovered before the bombs were detonated.

17) The killing of 58 Christians in a Catholic church in one of the latest acts of horror and terror in Iraq.

18) Moscow airport suicide bombing: 35 dead, 130 injured. January 25, 2011.

19) A Pakistani minister, who had said he was getting death threats because of his stance against the country's controversial blasphemy law, was shot and killed Wednesday, 3/2/2011

20) two American troops killed in Germany by a recently radicalized Muslim, 3/3/2011

21) the kidnapping and apparent killing of a follower of Zoraster in the dark world of Islamic Pakistan.

22) Shariatpur, Bangladesh (CNN 3/30/2011) – Hena Akhter's last words to her mother proclaimed her innocence. But it was too late to save the 14-year-old girl. Her fellow villagers in Bangladesh's Shariatpur district had already passed harsh judgment on her. Guilty, they said, of having an affair with a married man. The imam from the local mosque ordered the fatwa, or religious ruling, and the punishment: 101 lashes delivered swiftly, deliberately in public. Hena dropped after 70 and died a week later.

September 8, 2011 at 8:21 am |
    • Lisa

Good research...did you pull that off of Google...smh. Now pull up the number of killings Christians has done...please...I would love to see the figures. Please please please...include the slave trade days as well...lynching innocent people while they hold a bible in their hand. Don't judge...No MAN is perfect...No RELIGION is perfect...No COUNTRY is perfect. After Christians...pull up how many people America has killed around the world...this would be fun.

September 8, 2011 at 8:47 am |
    • ERIN

Asking him to apologize for your long list of killings would be like asking white people to apologize for all our wrong doings. You gonna make that list, too? It might take you a little longer.

September 8, 2011 at 8:53 am |
    • Zoe

Yes good research, brother. How about you do a little bit research on the Quran... The act of some Muslims does not represent the teachings and principals of Islam. Are all the Christians good people? How many millions of people did the Christians kill throughout history? Did you apologize for that? Should I blame Christianity for those sick wars? No. The Quran does not permit killing innocent people. I do think it is the same for Christianity and other religions. So blaming a religion for the acts of a few idiots will not lead you to the right answers. It will just waste your time. Should I blame all Whites for slavery? All Americans for the use of the atomic bomb? No. You like research, then look at the right sources, such as the Quran.
      Take care...

September 8, 2011 at 9:38 am |
    • Reality

The Twenty (or so) Worst Things People Have Done to Each Other:
      http://necrometrics.com/warstatz.htm#u (required reading)

The Muslim Conquest of India

Rank <<<Death Toll <Cause <<Centuries<<<Religions/Groups involved*

1. 63 million Second World War 20C (Christians et al and Communists/atheists vs. Christians et al, Nazi-Pagan and "Shintoists")

2. 40 million Mao Zedong (mostly famine) 20C (Communism)

3. 40 million Genghis Khan 13C (Shamanism or Tengriism)

4. 27 million British India (mostly famine) 19C (Anglican)

5. 25 million Fall of the Ming Dynasty 17C (Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, Chinese folk religion)

6. 20 million Taiping Rebellion 19C ( Confucianism, Buddhism and Chinese folk religion vs. a form of Christianity)

7. 20 million Joseph Stalin 20C (Communism)

8. 19 million Mideast Slave Trade 7C-19C (Islam)

9. 17 million Timur Lenk 14C-15C

10. 16 million Atlantic Slave Trade 15C-19C (Christianity)

11. 15 million First World War 20C (Christians vs. Christians)

12. 15 million Conquest of the Americas 15C-19C (Christians vs. Pagans)

13. 13 million Muslim Conquest of India 11C-18C

14. 10 million An Lushan Revolt 8C

15. 10 million Xin Dynasty 1C

16. 9 million Russian Civil War 20C (Christians vs Communists)

17. 8 million Fall of Rome 5C (Pagans vs. Pagans)

18. 8 million Congo Free State 19C-20C (Christians)

19. 7½ million Thirty Years War 17C (Christians vs Christians)

20. 7½ million Fall of the Yuan Dynasty 14C

*:" Is religion responsible for more violent deaths than any other cause?

A: No, of course not – unless you define religion so broadly as to be meaningless. Just take the four deadliest events of the 20th Century – Two World Wars, Red China and the Soviet Union – no religious motivation there, unless you consider every belief system to be a religion."

Q: So, what you're saying is that religion has never killed anyone.

A: Arrgh... You all-or-nothing people drive me crazy. There are many doc-umented examples where members of one religion try to exterminate the members of another religion. Causation is always complex, but if the only difference between two warring groups is religion, then that certainly sounds like a religious conflict to me. Is it the number one cause of mass homicide in human history? No. Of the 22 worst episodes of mass killing, maybe four were primarily religious. Is that a lot? Well, it's more than the number of wars fought over soccer, or s-ex (The Trojan and Sabine Wars don't even make the list.), but less than the number fought over land, money, glory or prestige.

In my Index, I list 41 religious conflicts compared with 27 oppressions under "Communism", 24 under Colonialism, 2 under "Railroads" and 2 under "Scapegoats". Make of that what you will."

September 8, 2011 at 12:17 pm |
  2. sumday

read the Quran to see if it condemns terrorist? How about just picking up a history book! Islam was founded by killing and terror. Mohammad even says I conquer them WITH terror! Here are some profound differences with the religions- Judaism never tried to conquer the world in their God's name and never seeks converts (actually they are the only peaceful religion if history is your guide), Christianity started by them BEING persecuted- the Romans crucified and set them on fire for about 400yrs and the religion still grew under such persecution- it wasn't until Roman embraced Christianity and Christianity compromised with Rome (changing days of worship, holy days, worshiping Marry, confessing to priest instead of G-d, ect) that it became a corrupted and then went from being persecuted for their faith to persecuting others in the name of their faith. Islam on the other hand started BY persecuting those who didn't believe in it (opposite of how Christianity started). Also in today you don't have Christians or Jews out persecuting any one, but Islam still does it. Why should you apologize? Bc it was your religion that did this! When you support or claim membership of group/religion then you are part of all the actions of that group IE I am a citizen of the USA everything the USA does is a “reflection” of it’s citizens weather those citizens agree with those choices/actions or not. I can’t say I’m a citizen but what the gov does has nothing to do with me- and that is what this author is saying. I guess I shouldn't apologize at all for my governments actions in other countries huh? Apologizing means you don't agree with that action it doesn't mean you take responsibility for it.

September 8, 2011 at 8:21 am |
    • IHeartBigots

New Flash – the history of Christianity is not all sunshine and rose petals. Christianity survived through the first few years and didn't really begin to grow until Constantine made it a state religion. I guess Christianity was all about compromise so long as compromise means killing those that disagree with you and destroying or seizing other religious houses of worship and artifacts.

September 8, 2011 at 8:27 am |
  3. Rainer Braendlein

@abubakr

The false prophet Muhammad claims, the gospel (part of the the Christian New Testament) would command to slay in the way of Allah. This statement of Muhammad is extremly outrageous. The gospel is a message of love and not of hate. Muhammad perverts the gospel. Muhammad, indeed, was an incarnated devil.

Sura 9: Verse 111 of the lousy Koran:

Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the gospel and the Qur’an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.
    ( سورة التوبة , At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #111)

Note: Garden means heaven or paradise.

Interpretation:

Muhammad says Jihadist will surely get into heaven. Fine Muhammad! I look forward seeing you judged by our Lord Jesus Christ!

September 8, 2011 at 8:19 am |
    • Ibrahim

You can't take one verse out of the Quran out of context and use that as the basis of your argument. You sound like a puppet whose strings are being pulled by neo-nazi conservatives. Why don't you do your own unbiased research on the laws and theology and teachings of the religion. There is a reason that it is the fastest growing religion in the United States and in the World. Please just take the time to learn next time instead of just talking about something you know nothing about. I don't go posting my opinions or copy a quote out of a book on Quantum Physics and claim to know everything it's about, grow up. And if you want a verse out of the Quran, I will give you one. God's word, not man's:

"If anyone killed a person, not in retaliation of murder, it would be as if he killed all mankind. And if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind"

September 8, 2011 at 9:10 am |
  4. USandCDN

IHeartBigots, the difference between Christianity and islam is that Christianity is a faith about freedom, grace and redemption while islam teaches one to kill the infidels, control the world and eliminate all other religions by whatever means necessary. When a Christian does something like what happened in Norway he does not have the Bible to back him up, as well the Christian community is very quick to call his actions un-Christlike. But a muslim uses the koran to justify his violence and destruction and the rest of the muslim community does little, if anything, to denounce what has happened. When a Christian sins he is going against what his religion teaches, when a muslim sins they are following the teachings of their church.

September 8, 2011 at 8:14 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@USandCDN

I appreciate you comment. Very good!

September 8, 2011 at 8:24 am |
  5. annoymous

in a way im with you dude reaily other muslims shoudnt have to appologize for what somone else did its not like anyone knew it was going to happen it just did.

September 8, 2011 at 8:11 am |
  6. Guest

On behalf of all white people,Id like to publicly apologize for Nickleback

September 8, 2011 at 8:01 am |
  7. USandCDN

Like every other muslim, Aman says, "it wasn't me". How many times has a judge heard that one? By calling yourself a muslim you are aligning yourself with a violent crazy group that claims responsibility for most of the chaos in the world today. But keep on talking, the wedge between you people and the west is getting deeper all the time. We will never accept your ways.

September 8, 2011 at 7:57 am |
    • IHeartBigots

If you call yourself a Christian, are you aligning yourself with the Norwegian terrorist? Renounce your evil faith at once!

September 8, 2011 at 7:59 am |
    • Usia

Bravick did this because he does not want Muslims in his counrty.

September 8, 2011 at 8:06 am |
  8. Goodwood Nova Scotia

I think many people profess that Islam is not a violent religion or anything. Rarely do I see ads, in fact never have, stating righteous aims of Islam, but almost everyday I read an article on how some Muslim group or individual has arbitrarily killed innocents. If Islam is so righteous, and I am not saying it is or isn't because I don't know, then the advocates of it need to mass educate the rest of us. If the whole world was Muslim how would it be better in a Western Liberal sense for both men and women? How would Islam rule lessen strife and raise resource equality in everyday society that is in sync with the current system of Western Liberalism that is the result of hundreds of years of negotiation? Islam is in serious need of an advertising campaign other than mass bombings by its followers!

September 8, 2011 at 7:42 am |
  9. Rainer Braendlein

9/11 and the ordinary Muslims

Fortunately many born Muslims, living here in the West, are secular, that means they don't really practice Islam, but just struggle to survive or to generate some material wealth by any business or job.

In Germany 60% of the Muslims are secular (according to a survey of the German Federal Minister of Interior from 2007, called "Muslime in Deutschland"). I took the frequency of mosque attendance as indicator. This 60% never go to mosque or merely a couple of times per year.

However, 40% of the Muslims in Germany take seriously the Islam and even favour Holy War (that is outrageous). Thank God, they just have that atti-tude, but don't practice it. 6% of the Muslims in Germany are ready to fight with weapons immediately, right now, if a Holy War would be declared in Germany.

Germany has got 4 Million Muslims. 40% out of 4 Mio makes 1.6 Mio. 6% out of 4 Mio makes 240,000 people.

That means in Germany lives an Muslim army of 240,000 crypto-jihadists. That is without limit! 1.6 Millon Muslims would at least cheer the jihadist, if they would fight.

Conclusion: Mr. Aman Ali should not take us for fools! That is a crime. 9/11 was a feast day for many Muslims. That is very sad, but true.

Note: I am not a Muslim-hater. On the contrary, I try to love them, obeying Christs command. I have just studied a little Islamic history and got shocked to what extent Islam is connected with aggressive war. Islam is a crime in itself.

September 8, 2011 at 7:38 am |
    • jman

You are such an idiot to think all muslim have hands in 9,11 and i can see clearly you a big fool

September 8, 2011 at 7:50 am |
    • Usia

I so agree with you Rainer

September 8, 2011 at 8:10 am |
  10. kayoko

!!

September 8, 2011 at 7:29 am |
  11. gliese42

I hope someday the silent majority Americans will wake up to see what has become of America that their founding fathers view them as a third world Arab country. I would like to say more but some foolish and ignorant Americans will disagree, Peace to all

September 8, 2011 at 7:28 am |
  12. Joser Montes

I am far to be Muslim "thank god' but I can understand how Aman Ali might feel. He is right on one thing They shouldn't been apologizing for what few individuals did. I also raised here as and I don't go an apologize to all the small town in the U.S for not having a better education cultural wise I don't go an apologize for there lack of knowledge. Although, that is not the problem here I can relate myself to his expression.

Become no RELIGION an life would be more easier. You don't need to stop believing. I would rather say billions of times I am not religious than putting up with cases like these and which it gives society the right to feel better than other based on there religioun. Bravo HUMANS for the wonderful problem you have left our society til these day.

September 8, 2011 at 7:02 am |
  13. Joser Montes

I am far to be Muslim "thank god' but I can understand how Aman Ali might feel. He is right on one thing They shouldn't been apologizing for what few individuals did. I also am raised here as well I don't go an apologize to all the small town in the U.S for not having a better education cultural wise I don't go an apologize for there lack of knowledge. Although, that is not the problem here I can relate myself to his expression.

Become no RELIGION an life would be more easier. You don't need to stop believing. I would rather say billions of times I am not religious than putting up with case like these and which is gives society the right to feel better than other based on there religious. Bravo HUMANS for the wonderful problem you have left our society til these day.

September 8, 2011 at 6:54 am |
  14. Usia

You should have apologized because 99.99999 percent of Islam unequivocally condemns terrorism. That is why. As a white, I may and dont mind to apologize for a new album of Nickleback – I disslike this band. Do not compare a music event with such a crime where a few thousand of people dies.

September 8, 2011 at 6:52 am |
    • Joser Montes

" As a white, I may and dont mind to apologize for a new album of Nickleback".lol

September 8, 2011 at 6:59 am |
    • abubakar

I think you should go through an english dictionary and have a look on the meaning "apology",Islam as a society we have nothing to do with 9/11 nor any terrorists activities.It is not just for us to take responsibilities which are not ours because we too condemn such killings and that suicide doesnot stand a chance in our religion,there is no so called martydom in taking away your own life in order to kill other innocent people.It never existed at the time of our beloved prophet muhammad(peace and blessings be upon him)

September 8, 2011 at 7:10 am |
    • Usia

I do now what apology means – no need to offer a dictionary, All I know is that on 9/11 those people called for Allah not Jesus. Abubakar read some historic books to find out more about terrorism in XX century. So many of Muslims carry out terrorist attacks maybe they should take a dictionary and translate word by word. Maybe you should tell all your Muslim friends not to kill anymore. Dont tell me what is Koran about – I am not a killer / terrorist.

September 8, 2011 at 8:04 am |
  15. gliese42

Carla@ The whites have lost their majority. Sadly speaking t will miss the foolish whites and someday USA will be filled with minarets. Peace at last and no 9/11

September 8, 2011 at 6:47 am |
  16. Rainer Braendlein

9/11 and the ordinary Muslims

Fortunately many born Muslims are secular, that means they don't really practice Islam, but just struggle to survive or to generate some material wealth by any business or job.

September 8, 2011 at 6:27 am |
    • abubakar

listen brother do you know how many muslim men and women have been killed by the so called war on terror,actually it is the wars which are terrorising in nature.Conquering the earth is part of our belief as the people in the past did it by the permission of the almighty in the holy quran a book which has never changed and has been memorised by millions all over the world unlike the bible.Go and check the statistics,which is the most growing religion in the world.We want to spread islam which is the religion of peace and save the world from problems and disasters.

September 8, 2011 at 7:27 am |
    • ralph monzo

Rainer, you are SO correct! History, and the Quran itself, along with hadiths and "scholarly" commentary by Imams, reveal the true, Satanic nature of Islam. I thank God for Christ's perfect sacrifice, and His teachings, as do you, BUT remember: Freedom is God's greatest gift to mankind. (beside Salvation) He would not want His enemies to steal His gift to us. Jesus IS God, thus, perfect. We are not. WE MUST FIGHT TO KEEP GOD'S PRECIOUS GIFT OF FREEDOM!

September 8, 2011 at 7:36 am |
    • Rainer Braendlein

@ralph monzo

Thanks, for encouraging me!

I also see freedom or liberty as one of our greatest achievements. It must get defended by any means.

Assumed, a Muslim army would raid or assault a guiltless Western country (aggressive war), we should cast nukes on them!

September 8, 2011 at 7:46 am |
  17. kayoko

911 = 3000 lost
    hiroshima and nagasaki = 240,000 lost
    What do you think america!

September 8, 2011 at 6:00 am |
    • Ela

Tsss tss,

Who is the agressor ?

September 8, 2011 at 6:12 am |
    • Justin

Guess we should just over look Pearl Harbor

911 = 3000 lost
      hiroshima and nagasaki = 240,000 lost
      What do you think america!

September 8, 2011 at 6:52 am |
    • kayoko

hiroshima and nagasaki = military attack on military + civilians including children, women and elder
      Pearl harbor = military attack on military

September 8, 2011 at 7:31 am |
    • ralph monzo

kayoko, The nuking of those two cities was the culmination of a war begun by unprovoked attack upon US soil. Just like 9/11. If it EVER happens again,and Muslims are to blame, I think an appropriate retaliation would be to nuke Mecca right off the face of the earth. We should have done it by now. When America's freedom is threatened, WE ARE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY DESTROYERS! 😉

September 8, 2011 at 8:02 am |
    • Usia

that was the cost of starting the war. Lets talk only about XXI century.

September 8, 2011 at 8:16 am |
    • kayoko

First you can't blame Muslims for 911, it's done by bunch of criminals terrorists
      Second you guys pay your debts to the Chinese before making another war!

September 8, 2011 at 8:20 am |
    • Usia

i do blame Muslims for 9/11 and have nothing against China.

September 8, 2011 at 8:26 am |
  18. Walter

Quit being a part of a religion that promotes hatred and violence and you wouldn’t have to apologize all the time. Become a loving Christian and finally be happy. Be a real American instead of a Muslim that by definition goes against the principles of this great Nation.

September 8, 2011 at 5:57 am |
    • Blue

They aren't promoting hatred when they are condemning terrorism. Maybe we all should advance the conversation

September 8, 2011 at 6:24 am |
    • abubakar

what is your nation?There were great nations biggger,stronger than yours but yet allah destroyed them,the likes of ad and thamud,the egyptian civilization,the roman empire,the people of noah.Only reason he did that is they commited mischiefs and corrupted the earth and they were disbelievers,So do you think god can not destroy your country if he decides to,it only take seconds

September 8, 2011 at 7:34 am |
    • Usia

I see Abubakar is a future terrorist – dont let close to you USA

September 8, 2011 at 8:18 am |
    • Moses

Na man, judaism is better than Christianity at least we don't have 100s of different bibles and believes!

September 8, 2011 at 7:47 pm |
  19. Daniel

GREAT article! I am completely nonreligious, first of all. I feel that everyone should be able to believe and practice any religion they choose, as long as their beliefs don't bring harm to others or infringe upon anyone else's rights. I am often amazed at the intolerance of some people and groups of people where differing beliefs are concerned. I chalk it up to ignorance. I have Muslim friends, and they are just like everyone else. There are also fanatical people who call themselves Muslims and do horrible things, But to hold the entire Islamic community accountable for those people's actions is wrong. The Bush administration and the media also did a lot to perpetuate negative thoughts and beliefs about Muslims after the 9/11 attacks because they were ignorant about the religion. Islam IS a peaceful religion and the Muslim community is a victim of the same terrorists that attacked the U.S. Most of the people who have Islamophobic ideas have never even met a Muslim or studied the Quran. – Good Day!

September 8, 2011 at 5:37 am |
  20. Carla

Americans, you need to apologize to God first. If you would apologize to humans without apologizing to the Creator, just leave North America so the Chinese and Arabs and anyone can happily take your land and your place. And please, learn the human history.

September 8, 2011 at 5:16 am |