home
RSS
My Take: Muslims should stop apologizing for 9/11
Muslims praying last month in Los Angeles, California, at the end of Ramadan.
September 7th, 2011

My Take: Muslims should stop apologizing for 9/11

Editor’s note: Aman Ali is a New York-based writer, stand-up comedian and the co-creator of 30 Mosques in 30 Days, a Ramadan road trip across America.

By Aman Ali, Special to CNN

New York (CNN) - As a Muslim, I’m sick of people asking me how I feel about 9/11. What do you want me to say, seriously?

Do you want me to say, “It was a great plan, mwahahaha!” before I fly off on a magic carpet?

I was born and raised in this country and was just as shocked as everyone else to learn there were people on this earth so vile as to commit such a horrific attack - or to even think about doing it.

But I didn’t do it. Neither did 99.999999999 percent of the roughly 1.5 billion people in the world who also call themselves Muslims. So why should I or any other Muslim apologize for what happened?

Nickleback is planning on releasing another album. Should I ask white people to apologize for that?

Just like Christianity and Judaism, Islam unequivocally condemns terrorism. Don’t take it from me, though. Grab a copy of the Quran from a library and find out for yourself.

Don’t rely on some cherry-picked crackpot interpretation of the Muslim holy book that you read on some Islamophobic hack’s poorly designed website. Speaking of which, Islamophobes need to put down the Quran and pick up a book on HTML programming and Flash.

When 9/11 happened, I can understand why the average person would want to know what Muslims actually believe. After all, the terrorists claimed they were acting in the name of Islam.

That’s why hundreds of Islamic organizations around the globe condemned the attacks and told the truth about how Islam doesn’t condone terrorism whatsoever.

But that was 10 years ago. Why are mainstream American Islamic groups like the Islamic Society of North America, the Council on American-Islamic Relations and the Muslim Public Affairs Council still condemning the attacks and just about any other act of terrorism that pops up in the news?

Weren’t we clear before how we feel about terrorism? If people didn’t understand us for the past 10 years, what makes Muslims think they’re going to understand us now?

If I have to explain 10 times to my little brother how to operate the toaster in my apartment, that’s not my fault because of inadequate messaging. It’s my brother’s fault that he’s dumb.

It’s ridiculous for Muslims to continuously condemn and apologize for stuff when every religion has their fair share of crazies.

Imagine you’re in the habit of partying with a group of friends. And every party you go to, there's a friend in your crew that spills grape juice on the carpet - the really awesome kind of grape juice that’s in the fancy wine bottles (we Muslims don’t drink alcohol but we still can party like ballers).

How would you feel if people stopped inviting you to their parties because your one friend kept spilling grape juice? That's how I feel. I'm really annoyed I have to keep apologizing or condemning Muslim extremists that keep spilling their grape juice of hate on the world.

Dictionary.com defines the word apologize as “to offer an apology or excuse for some fault insult, failure, or injury.”

When 9/11 happened, I was 16 years old and playing Tetris during English class on my TI-83 calculator. I’ll apologize for not paying attention to Mrs. Fulton’s lecture at my high school in Gahanna, Ohio, but that’s about it.

Just because people hundreds of miles away claimed they were Muslim and committed a terrible act doesn’t mean I should apologize for it.

Mike Tyson started sucking really bad in the boxing ring after he converted to Islam. Should I apologize for that? Oh, and I think I saw a few Muslim-sounding names in the production credits for the movie “Green Lantern.” I guess I should apologize for that, too.

I’m not trying to be insensitive about 9/11. Of course my prayers and sentiments are with anyone affected by the tragedy. The same goes for any act of terrorism.

But I’m not going to apologize or condemn them because I don’t need to prove my patriotism with some kind of McCarthyite litmus test. The Pew Research Center released a study last week that found that Muslim Americans are far more pleased with how things are going in the United States (56%) than is the general public (23%).

That finding is not going to provoke me to question the general public’s patriotism. But please stop questioning ours.

The 9/11 attacks were a terrible tragedy that changed all of our lives. There’s no way we can ever forget what happened.

But what we Muslims can do is advance the conversation, rather than repeating the same old condemnations. Condemnations and apologies are like an out of style fashion trend, the parachute pants and neon hair scrunchies of civil discourse.

What Muslims need is an extreme makeover. Now that’s some extremism I can get behind.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Aman Ali.

- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: 9/11 • Islam • Opinion

soundoff (2,556 Responses)
  1. wyatt

Well put. We were attacked by Muslims, not Islam. Let's not judge an entire group of people by extremists who claim to share their religion/culture/et. Should white people appologize to blacks for slavery, even if they had nothing to do with it, and did not agree with it anyway?

September 7, 2011 at 4:21 pm |
    • William Demuth

Many brothers think they should.

Perhaps a tax on Muslims to finance a new tower complex?

Tax religion! Build a better tomorrow on the ignorance of today!

September 7, 2011 at 4:30 pm |
  2. Ness1

Should all Christians apologize for the Crusades?

September 7, 2011 at 4:18 pm |
    • Laughing

yes please

September 7, 2011 at 4:20 pm |
    • Answer

That's up to the christians. Do you feel that the past reflects on you personally in the here and now?

The other is simply an answer which you have to deal with.. that is: do you as the christian accept your christian past?
      Will you keep on denying the past killings as ever taking place while holding up the atrocities of other religion as your sole defense?

September 7, 2011 at 4:22 pm |
    • Dan the Red

Nor (as a white guy) will I apologize for slavery. Nor (as a descendent of Brits) will I apologize to the Native Americans. Nor (as a Rugby fan) will I apologize for the NFL. Not my fault. Not even my century. I do have a list of people to whom I owe apologies. My bad. My apology. Go to anyone on my list, and apologize on my behalf, and I suspect they'd deck ya. Rightly so.

Should muslims stop apologizing? Like others, I'd like to see them start apologizing. Not for 9/11, but the response to it. Any muslim to condemned the attack, at the time, loudly and clearly, owes no apology to anyone. And there are some. Very, very few.

September 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm |

@Dan the Red

Clearly you have it right. Follow along this path Ness1.
      It's more or less what apologizing is about.

September 7, 2011 at 4:37 pm |
    • William Demuth

Or the buggering of hundreds of thousands of Altar Boys by thousands of anti gay priests?

September 7, 2011 at 4:43 pm |
    • a concerned HUMAN

i'm still waiting for apologies of the last 14 centuries leading until today fo whatever happened and still is happening to the christians, and other minorities, in the middle east and other muslim countries. Atrocities, massacres, genocides, deportations.. among other nouns that comes to mind. how do i know? check history, and if not, take my work for it: I WAS BORN AND AM STILL LIVING IN THE MIDDLE EAST against all odds. It was and still is our land way before you "started" to consider it your land

September 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • Stevie7

@Human,

Are you planning to organize a mass apology to all of the pagans out there? After all, it was their land first, until forcibly and violently converted after Constantine had his "vision"

September 7, 2011 at 5:16 pm |
    • a concerned HUMAN

@ answer: Pope John paul II apologized for the crusades. so check your facts and then, open your mouth!!

i did not agree on that apology, however, i did not do like some other people did and still do when they do not agree with someone else like bombing embassies, killing, murders, genocides, suicide bombings. . . catch my drift?!

September 7, 2011 at 5:18 pm |
  3. Anon

Muslims condemmed 9/11 when it happened? Maybe you should have put down tetris and turned on the TV.
    All I saw were middle east nations celebrating, burning our flag and dancing in the streets in joy. There is no such thing as a moderate muslim.

September 7, 2011 at 4:14 pm |
    • IHeartBigots

@Anon – maybe you need to get out more. My Muslim friends were horrified and I witnessed plenty of similar responses in the media. Then again, I don't watch Fox News.

September 7, 2011 at 4:16 pm |
    • Boskoo

When muslims pay for the damage, I might think different of them, or I might not. They don't belong in the US, that's for sure.

September 7, 2011 at 4:20 pm |
    • sean

I'm not a muslim but your right that was every single muslim not just the ones the media decided to portray.

September 7, 2011 at 4:24 pm |
    • Mitch

Why are 90% americans so dumb? When 911 happened and arabs were shown celebrating, are you guys even aware that it was night in middle east and videos show the people celebrating during day time. I can't believe we are so dumb.
      #2 Cnn apologized when few smart people like me brought this up with cnn but obviously they apologized in a way which was not publicized so the hatred goes on.
      #3 80% of muslims live outside the middle east So DUMBOS wake up and know what happens in the world instead of just listening to the capitalist warmonger media

September 7, 2011 at 4:26 pm |
  4. seriously?no...seriously?

What’s funny is all the people in here, who from reading their posts, obviously don’t know their a$$ from a hole in the ground, acting as if they are “experts” on everything Islamic. It’s beyond laughable, and really almost not worth responding to—albeit, good for a bit of entertainment. Like the dumb a$$ who said he (or she) had never seen a bible class being taught in a “mosque”, like they are teaching Qur’anic classes in churches. Ummmm…yeah, ok. We both know your a$$ hasn’t set one foot inside a “mosque” to know what they are, or are not, teaching in one. Wow. Really? Just a quick FYI…it’s actually obligatory for Muslims to read, and acquaint themselves, with the bible, as Islam calls for a belief and reverence for ALL the Prophets. See? That comes from actually learning something, and knowing what the hell you are talking about before coming into a public forum and making an a$$ of yourself.
    It really is funny…no, I mean it. For one who studied and practiced the Deen for over 20 years, to read people posting like they know what the hell they are talking about, when it is clear to anyone with even a cursory understanding of Islam, that they are regurgitating some Fox/Hannity/O’Reilly/Limbaugh crap…it’s pathetic. Wow. Can you people even TRY to act like you have the ability to think for yourselves? Trust me, all the afore mentioned are just as ignorant and dumb as you are—they just learned how to capitalize off the likes of the ones more ignorant and stupid than they are—i.e. YOU.
    It really is OK though. You don’t bother intelligent people. We just laugh and shake our heads at you…really, no, we do.

September 7, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
    • ZG

haha! XD

September 7, 2011 at 4:15 pm |
    • srsly

tlts or gtfo

September 7, 2011 at 4:17 pm |
    • USmellLikePee

tl;dr

September 7, 2011 at 4:18 pm |
    • jake

BLOWME MUSLIM! your words go on deaf ears because because nobody believes your LIES AND PROPHAGANDA.

September 7, 2011 at 4:19 pm |
    • Alfonzo Muchanzo

@seriusly – Can you please explain the follwing:
      1)Why are all the Islamic countries are so devoid of basic human rights?
      2)Why the require their women to cover their faces and walk behind the men (I know not all are that strict, but many are)?
      3)Why do they want to wipe the West off the map, when western countries allow them to practice their own religion freely?
      4)Why do they charge Christians a tax for not being Muslim? And why do they attack Christians? Just look at the prejudice towards Christians in Islamic countries.
      5) Why do women not count as full humans when it comes to testifying in a court of law?

I'm serious, please explain the above mentioned points. If not, then I will also assume that you are rather clueluess about your own religion.

September 7, 2011 at 4:21 pm |
    • seriously?no...seriously?

Sorry Alfonso. Looks like you’ve been pulled in by the hype. And trust me, I am EXTREMELY versed in Islam—which I don’t practice any longer by the way, as I am now a Deist. Look, I truly don’t have the time to refute everything you’ve laid out below…you are egregiously misinformed, let’s just say that. Quickly though, I will say that most of what you mentioned below is more “custom” (things that were in place in those areas) than Islamic. Custom and Islam often get confused and intertwined. I won’t placate you though. Study and learn for yourself if you are genuinely interested in the truth. Otherwise, continue to walk about in the blindness that consumes you. Thanks.

September 7, 2011 at 4:29 pm |
    • Alfonzo Muchanzo

@seriously – So it's custom to tax those who don't have the same religious belief as you? What a bunch of crock. Ofcourse you don't answer my questions bc you don't have any legitimate reasons for them.

September 7, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
  5. William Demuth

I droped out of high school because of the religious stuff. I've outsmarted all of you all on this blog. Follow me on twitter @loserville#

I really need some followers to help boost some ego because I have narcissistic tendencies.

September 7, 2011 at 4:11 pm |

Twitter.

Its official, this guy is 12.

Whats next, follow you on Nickelodeon?

September 7, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
    • Laughing

Ok, we get it.

Here's attention, fake william

Attention, attention, attention.

Good?

September 7, 2011 at 4:13 pm |
    • USmellLikePee

WD has his own troll. Sweet.

September 7, 2011 at 4:16 pm |
    • Boskoo

Why don't you stinking muslims start paying for the damage??? And you do stink. Try using potty paper instead of your bare left hand to wipe your as...

September 7, 2011 at 4:18 pm |
    • USmellLikePee

@William – We are the collest. These clowns try to immiate us.

September 7, 2011 at 4:24 pm |
  6. jake

i really hope some crazy idiot muslims attack the U.S. again on 9/11. then maybe people will understand the truth about this evil cult religion and we as americans can roast weinies and marshmellows while every mosque in the U.S. burns to the ground. if another attack comes, i can assure the believers of the religion of peace that they will flee for their lives as they are shot down like dogs in the streets.

September 7, 2011 at 4:10 pm |
    • Mitch

u sound like a terrorist. maybe we should arrest u not the muslims.

September 7, 2011 at 4:31 pm |
    • Secret Service

Knocking on your door in 3...2...1...

September 7, 2011 at 5:30 pm |
  7. Mike

"Islam unequivocally condemns terrorism.". LOL, that's a good one. I'm sure all those people in the middle east dancing for joy in the streets ten years ago completely agree.

September 7, 2011 at 4:09 pm |
  8. dave canski

What Muslims are apologizing?????

September 7, 2011 at 4:09 pm |
    • Joe

I want to apologize for all TEXANS. Someone should have done it long ago.

September 7, 2011 at 4:17 pm |
    • Stevie7

@Joe – better late than never. Though certain things are just not forgivable

September 7, 2011 at 4:19 pm |
  9. angus squared

Can someone explain the Nickleback part? Not sure what they did as to why white people should apolgize for them.

September 7, 2011 at 4:06 pm |
    • Joe

Nickleback are extremely offensive to music loving individuals all over. I am Canadian and so ashamed. Neil Young brought us some much pride, and Nickleback ... sigh

September 7, 2011 at 4:13 pm |

Neil RULES.

Rock On Ice Backs!

September 7, 2011 at 4:22 pm |
  10. Mike

Oh look...another 'blessed is the persecuted' blog/article about muslims on CNN. What is that, three in seven days now?

September 7, 2011 at 3:59 pm |
    • Me

GEORGE BUSH SHOULD APOLOGIZE FOR THE ATTACKS BECAUSE HE AND CHENEY REALLY PROFITED FROM THEM!

September 7, 2011 at 4:08 pm |
  11. meenee

So why do Muslims keep blaming "America" ? Why kill ordinary american folks who have nothing to do with Islam's problems ? Perhaps good Muslims should therefore speak against the bad interpretations of Islam. Perhaps that would help. You can also publish a list of good Imam's versus bad Imam's. That way, people know which ones are credible and which ones are not.

September 7, 2011 at 3:53 pm |
    • William Demuth

So when does the Pope hold a press conference about the Southern Baptist fiasco?

Not to mention the Holocaust?

September 7, 2011 at 3:55 pm |
    • William Demuth

@William – please stop immitating me. You're childish and immature. Your hate for all religion is clearly the result of the inner hate you have for yourself. Please go away.

September 7, 2011 at 4:08 pm |

Fake William Demuth

Living proof that ALL Christians lie to further their God!

So insecure in your God, that you hide behind fake names.

September 7, 2011 at 4:11 pm |
    • Really?????????

@William – you do realize that the Pope's status as spiritual leader is recognized only by Catholics, right? And you realize further that baptists are not Catholic, correct? And you realize still further that many baptists would not consider the westboro baptist church baptist, yes?

September 7, 2011 at 4:11 pm |

Really?????????

You do realize that your intra-cult distinctions make you seem like the dysfunctional family of Christ you truly are!

It's like the Gestapo saying it proud not to be the SS.

We on the outside refuse your distinguisments!

September 7, 2011 at 4:24 pm |
  12. jake

muslims NEVER apologized for 9-11. the only response was from some clerics saying that they regret the killing of "INNOCENTS". there were muslims who died in the 9-11 attack. but americans are ignorant to the fact that in the koran, only a muslim can be considered innocent. i's a fact!

September 7, 2011 at 3:52 pm |
    • Ness1

But why should all Muslims apologize? They didn't do anything wrong, it was Al-Queda and Osama Bin Laden who carried out the attacks and told everyone it was in the name of "allah". Should ALL Christians apoligize for the crusades?

September 7, 2011 at 4:18 pm |
  13. Will

If every Muslim doesn't personally apologize to me for 9/11 then they're just as guilty as the 19 terrorists who crashed jetliners into our tallest buildings on that fateful morning

September 7, 2011 at 3:51 pm |
    • Sara

So does every Catholic get to apologize for Timothy McVeigh?

September 7, 2011 at 4:07 pm |

Sara

Does the Kinneset have to apologize for Barbara Striesand perfomance of "Silent Night"?

September 7, 2011 at 4:09 pm |
    • IHeartBigots

I require my apologies to be both written and verbal. Written apologies should be at least 1500 words and should not exceed 5000. If this doesn't happen by noon GMT tomorrow then it shall prove that every pract.itioner of islam is evil to the core.

September 7, 2011 at 4:11 pm |
    • ZG

Does every American citizen have to personally apologize to the families of the innocent victims of Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, or Hiroshima?

September 7, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
    • ZG

What about for funding Israel's genocide? or slavery? or the Crusades?

September 7, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
  14. Frogist

I love this article. It's about damm time a muslim said it out loud. It's harder to be victimized when you stop acting like it's ok for people to shame you for the acts of others. What is the point of being asked for apologies that no one listens to anyway? Good for you, Aman Ali.

September 7, 2011 at 3:51 pm |
    • gkingii

Right. And whites should not apologize for discrimination, nor civil rights abuses, nor slavery nor any other perceived or actual wrong done to "people of color". Most of us don't and din't do any of that, either.

September 7, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
    • gkingii

Right. And whites should not apologize for discrimination, nor civil rights abuses, nor slavery nor any other perceived or actual wrong done to "people of color". Most of us don't and didn't do any of that, either.

September 7, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
    • Frogist

@gkingii: I'm not really current on the whole "whites apologizing for slavery" issue. Have whites apologized for slavery as much as muslims are being asked to apologize for 9/11? Has it been as pervasive an atmosphere as the muslims have had to deal with? I doubt it since they are the ones who hold the power in this country. I'm not exactly sure your making an equal comparison there.

September 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm |
  15. Farah

I legit couldn't stop laughing at the Nickelback part.

September 7, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
  16. marc

You humans, don't deserve this planet look at how you bicker over religion and skin color when in the end you're all the same, maggots beneath our feet. We are going to take over, your racism towards eachother makes you blind to see what's really going on.

September 7, 2011 at 3:43 pm |
    • William Demuth

So are you guys Muslim, or Jewish?

September 7, 2011 at 3:45 pm |
    • heynow

No William...I think they're Ents.

September 7, 2011 at 3:53 pm |
    • William Demuth

@Marc- I'm right there with you. I'm way smarter then these little humans, more evolved too!

September 7, 2011 at 3:59 pm |
  17. William Demuth

Please excuse the other me. It's some troll thinking hes smarter then me. Judging by my posts, im clearly smarter then every1 on this forum, hence my need to never believe in god.

September 7, 2011 at 3:42 pm |
    • William Demuth

Even I actually spell God correctly, but my son's autisim manifests it self as illiteracy.

I blame it on the priest that buggered him in his ear.

Apparently the Father didn't get much penetration, just enough to leave the boy a stammering fool.

September 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
    • William Demuth

My illegimate son claims nonsense and then tries to say that he's my father. What a load of crap this guy is, who in sam's heIl does he think he is?

September 7, 2011 at 3:58 pm |

William Demuth

Finally spell check from my imposter.

Now we work more on substance!!!

September 7, 2011 at 4:10 pm |
  18. David Vandygriff

Okay I'm not getting the whole point of Nickelback in this article. Please explain! Also I do agree that YOU personally didn't do anything and therefore you have personal don't have anything to apologize for. However, one must look at how parents apologize for a child's behavior or how one may apologize for a spouses rude behavior. To me this simply proper etiquette in most social circles. We are our brothers and sisters protectors and therefore many people believe their actions maybe a direct reflection upon one's family. It psychological the apology you speak of and commendation of such by any member of the Muslim faith conducting themselves in violence against anyone. All wounds are healed by conversations and the extending of an olive branch.

September 7, 2011 at 3:36 pm |
    • kendc

Nickleback is terrible and white people should (rightfully) apologize for supporting such an awful "band".

September 7, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
    • heynow

Someone should extend an olive branch and hit Nickelback with it

September 7, 2011 at 3:55 pm |
  19. Answer

@to the real whatever..

You should apologize for your inability to see that your moniker was so easily and apparently exploited.

September 7, 2011 at 3:36 pm |

Like yours is?

It ain't rocket science!

September 7, 2011 at 3:39 pm |
    • Answer

I can safely assume that the fake William had been abused and outwitted by the real one.
      Thus giving the play that we have seen here.

September 7, 2011 at 3:39 pm |
    • Answer

He does seem bright, and I hear he slays the ladies!

September 7, 2011 at 3:43 pm |
    • Answer

Adding spaces .. yes. The fake address in the email – it's unverified.

The whole point of the message in the article of apologizing. It is what is important.
      If the fake 'Answer' you want to argue that you are myself. Then you wouldn't be a match to my own typing mannerisms.

I myself do not use hate. 'Whoever 'you want to fake' like you have just did.
      "Answer ' – i don't know how many white spaces you've used or what email address you have inputted. But you i can readily highlight as not myself.

September 7, 2011 at 3:43 pm |
    • William Demuth

hahaaha that wasnt' even me. Although i guess i did outsmart them all because i have spurned copycats.

September 7, 2011 at 3:46 pm |

@ fake answer

Continue on your impersonating myself. Use your bodily parts and s_e_x_ual connotations, it doesn't bother me.
      Use your angst of hate and do whatever you like. I'll lecture you and will give out advice as I will always.

September 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm |

@real William

I'll re-state my apology herein. I'm man enough to let people see that I harbor no resentments when I am wrong in making a -fake- name reading mistake. I'm sorry.

September 7, 2011 at 3:51 pm |

Answer

No apology needed.

This is not exactly an important forum my freind, so don't sweat the small stuff!

September 7, 2011 at 3:53 pm |

@Answer

Hhahahahah you've been stumped. Go eat shlt bltch!!!!! I'm William Demuth and I p00p everywhereeeeeeeeeee and on everythinggggggg. muhahahahaha

September 7, 2011 at 3:55 pm |

@William

I know, it's to waste time really.

September 7, 2011 at 3:55 pm |

William Demuth

It will be SOOO refreshing once my double goes through puberty!

September 7, 2011 at 3:57 pm |

@ the one who spews.

Like I said, do whatever.

September 7, 2011 at 3:58 pm |

@the one who spews

You haven't impersonated me. Did you give up? You see you are so full of hate.

September 7, 2011 at 3:59 pm |

@the one who spews

You have minrepresented me. Please stop, it's immature. I have no time for these silly games, this blog means too much to me for this.

September 7, 2011 at 4:04 pm |

@the one who spews

How precious is this blog?

September 7, 2011 at 4:05 pm |
    • josase

I still get in trouble for the crusades. Why me?

September 7, 2011 at 4:21 pm |

@josase

It just the backlash of us atheists really pointing out the stupidity of religion. Unfortunately you lead a different view. I'm an atheist – and I believe that religion is absurd. So you're in the scope.

September 7, 2011 at 4:28 pm |
  20. William Demuth

@ the other William

Please stop immatating me. Your clearly a fake fraud.

September 7, 2011 at 3:33 pm |
    • WIlliam Demuth

Close, but your redundancy indicates your lack of American language skills.

September 7, 2011 at 3:36 pm |
    • Alfonzo Muchanzo

@ William

Are you like crazy or something? Your posts normally are downright bizarre, but now it's just getting weird.

September 7, 2011 at 3:39 pm |

Alfonzo Muchanzo

Do NOT disrespect yourself so much

September 7, 2011 at 3:44 pm |
    • Alfonzo Muchanzo

LMAO, you people are crazy!

September 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
    • Answer

The mechanics of this blog and it's lack of verifying a poster allows for the impersonation of a moniker. It's not that crazy.
      I personally use a fake email of answerme@not.com

Which leads to nowhere ... CNN really needs to tighten it. It won't though, simply creating an account is too tedious.
      They would lock away the comments from coming in and they would then need to impose mods. It's the investment and money problems along the road.

September 7, 2011 at 4:14 pm |