home
RSS
A movement to paint Obama as the Antichrist?
President Obama reacts as he's heckled at a Los Angeles fundraiser Monday night.
September 27th, 2011

A movement to paint Obama as the Antichrist?

By Dan Gilgoff and Eric Marrapodi, CNN Belief Blog Co-Editors

(CNN) - On our sister blog The 1600 Report, CNN's Alex Mooney notes a discrepancy in the official White House transcript of a California fundraiser Monday night, during which a person who heckled President Barack Obama was escorted out by security.

Here's the White House transcript's account of the heckler:

AUDIENCE MEMBER: The Christian God is the only true living God, the Creator of the heavens and the universe.

But Mooney observes that the White House pool report records the heckler as being much more blunt, yelling "'Barack Obama is the Antichrist!"

The president interrupted his remarks at the fundraiser, held at Los Angeles' House of Blues, to respond to the heckler.

"First of all, I agree Jesus Christ is the Lord," Obama said. "I believe in that. I do have a question, though. I think the young man may have left his jacket... "

Ironically, the remark about Obama as the Antichrist came the same day that The New York Times ran an op-ed arguing that the Antichrist is assuming a bigger place in the public discourse, as evangelical Christian ideas about the end times gain traction.

In a piece titled "Why the Antichrist Matters in Politics," Washington State University history professor Matthew Avery Sutton argues that, for some Christians, Obama fits into ideas about the Antichrist, whose arrival is believed to be a portent of the end times and Jesus' second coming:

For some evangelicals, President Obama is troubling. The specious theories about his place of birth, his internationalist tendencies, his measured support for Israel and his Nobel Peace Prize fit their long-held expectations about the Antichrist. So does his commitment to expanding the reach of government in areas like health care.

The op-ed was the most e-mailed piece on nytimes.com for much of Tuesday.

In the 2008 campaign, Republican presidential nominee John McCain released an anti-Obama ad called "The One" that ridiculed Obama for what it said was his messiah complex. Some critics claimed the spot was a veiled attempt to paint Obama as the Antichrist, though the McCain camp denied it.

What do you think? Is there a gathering movement to paint the president as the Antichrist? Are such charges overblown attempt to discredit Obama's critics?

Read Mooney's full report here.
- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Barack Obama • Belief • Christianity • Politics

soundoff (2,491 Responses)
  1. mylifemyway

Blah blah blah. You're all going to burn and Mary is a saint blah blah blah. Is it any wonder christians look so silly when we have people like Mary spewing their rapture nonsense?

September 27, 2011 at 8:33 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

The Bible warns us about being lukewarm. Call it nonsense. But if you're lukewarm here in this life, then in the afterlife your blood will boil for all of eternity. That my friend is what we refer to as a wake-up call. It is the time for revival. Jesus WILL be coming soon and I'm not going to be sitting in my rocker waiting around instead of spreading the word which you obviously know nothing about.

September 27, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
    • David Johnson

@Mary Hillsbrough

There is no god. Jesus was not an actual person.

Cheers!

September 27, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
    • red jack

Just how "soon" are you talking about, Mary? Jesus is eleven years late by my count. Are any of his original followers still walking around? He said that the end would come before the last of them had left this Earth. Clearly, Jesus was either wrong or had an immortal hanging out with his disciples.

September 27, 2011 at 8:53 pm |
    • HellBent

Ah, Mary. More obsession with the eternal torture of others, huh? It's quite sadistic, really. Though, I guess you're really just taking after your sky-daddy. I mean, who else would burn people for all eternity for not believing in him other than the universe's biggest sadistic narcissist.

September 27, 2011 at 9:00 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

Jack, fortunately for the rest of the world, the Almighty God does not cater to your delicate schedule. Here you go with the elusive year 2,000 theory, yet again, which I have previously made clear that I never mentioned. Let me guess. You were a believer that followed a false prophet's teachings. This man told you and all of your fellow followers that the Lord would return in 2,000. Jesus did not return, and now you're angry at Him. So here you are attacking me, continuously evoking the conspiracy that since He did not return at the date and time of your choosing, He must have a vendetta against you. Therefore, anyone that believes in my faith must now be the enemy for slighting you.

You were incorrect. You followed the wrong man. It is not my fault. You are now invited to join the rest of us in 2011 to live in reality. It's safe to leave the year 2,000 behind. Jesus will return in the future. No man knows the date or the hour. Those of us with a little faith left just know it will be soon.

September 27, 2011 at 10:21 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

Hellbent, passive aggression may work on your underage partner, but it will not work with me.

September 27, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

Really David? I will alert the press that you were present at the time of Jesus' physical presence on the Earth and have personally verified that He did not exist.

September 27, 2011 at 10:26 pm |
    • Steve

Mary, congratulations on going to heaven. You can shut your mouth now. Nobody else cares. We don't want to be saved.

September 28, 2011 at 8:55 am |
    • Father Dan

HellBent
      I don't know, but Obamas been trying his best to burn yours and every one of your children’s wallets ever since he took office.

Maybe instead of being cynical and filled with hate, you could take a page from Mary's playbook and just accept that people may believe what they believe and leave well enough alone. Their savior won't hate you any less for it.

September 28, 2011 at 10:24 am |
    • regis990

@Father Dan @Mary Jesus, Thor, Ra, Zeus...all the same...created by man. So, quote all the scripture you want, tell me I'm going to Hell, feel sorry for me, etc... Nothing you, or your pretend playtime friend, do or say affects my life in any way shape or form. Have a nice day!

September 28, 2011 at 1:28 pm |
    • munkittrick

@Mary Hillsbrough: You're a moron. You're following a blind leader into a bottomless pit. You blindly shout his proclamations and ignore God's own words. You WILL burn.

September 28, 2011 at 1:43 pm |
    • Kunle

You might ignore the warnings this sharing opportunity presents, one thing we cannot ignore is the judgement of God. If you blasphame God | Jesus, in ignorant response, you do so because you are not of His spirit. He will forgive all, but question is when you do make that decision, will it be too late??? you decide.

September 29, 2011 at 10:04 am |
  2. Trystan

I'm pretty sure every squatter that's ever been in the white house at one time or another has been accused of being the antichrist. This is nothing new. The nice thing about not believing in any of it is the amount of humor it produces.

September 27, 2011 at 8:22 pm |
  3. Keith

Last time I checked, the Abyss didn't issue birth certificates.

September 27, 2011 at 8:00 pm |
    • realist

Nope, just good forgeries.

September 28, 2011 at 10:33 am |
  4. Ozymandias71

So Obama's gone from being a Socialist, to being a Foreigner, to being a Muslim, to being the... Anti-Christ? Wow.

September 27, 2011 at 7:54 pm |
    • HellBent

For the uber-right fundies, I think those are all one in the same.

September 27, 2011 at 9:01 pm |
    • realist

Nope, he has been and always will be a Communist, plain and simple.

September 28, 2011 at 10:27 am |
    • Cyrus

realist: Your pharmacy called. Time for a refill.

September 28, 2011 at 10:38 am |
  5. Janet Kingh

....;-)

September 27, 2011 at 7:44 pm |
  6. Al Jackson

@mary: your extremist Christian Republican rhetoric would prove to be a fine example of why an IQ test would be more relevant to prove fitness to vote, rather than land ownership

September 27, 2011 at 7:20 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

I'm not a Republican. Fix your grammar before you talk down to me about IQ tests. It'll add more weight to your puny insults.

September 27, 2011 at 7:35 pm |
    • Really real, even more real really real reality

Mary, care to tell us exactly is wrong with that grammar ?

September 27, 2011 at 11:28 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

@Really Real: it's due to it not being full of the bs she spews!

September 28, 2011 at 5:17 am |
    • realist

Amazing, all Christians are Extremist Republicans. ?
      How do I tell my Grandparents and parents that they will all have to change Political parties ?

September 28, 2011 at 10:30 am |
  7. Janet Kingh

Labeled "Anti-Christ" due to the wish for a National Health care for the benefit of all...what could be more contradictory? Would Jesus have adopted the American system? Very unlikely......Sorry, but there are hundreds of European politicians who could also be the "Anti-Christ" on this criterion...shame on them, wanting equal health care for all....what could be more diabolical?

September 27, 2011 at 7:14 pm |
    • Janet Kingh

sorry, am a first-timer here and didn't think my first comment had been posted 😉

September 27, 2011 at 7:32 pm |

September 27, 2011 at 7:40 pm |
    • David Johnson

@Mary Hillsbrough

You said: "It is not free health care. If you aren't insured, you will be fined by the government. You still have to pay for insurance. So, how is this any good?"

The fine, has no teeth. The IRS is forbidden to collect the fine.

Your god is a figment of your imagination. Jesus won't be back. He is dead.

Cheers!

September 27, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

By all means, prove that your scientific theories are correct. I'll sit here and wait until the end of time. I know you don't have the ability to produce anything, but I'll wait anyway. To give you a head start, the theory of relativity has been proven incorrect. I suggest that you get cracking on coming up with something new, original and correct. If you can do that, then we can have a chat about my imagination. Great! Glad we've come to this agreement. I'm sure the scientific community will gasp in awe of your marvelous insights.

September 27, 2011 at 10:15 pm |
    • Bob Smith

There is no Grand Unified Theory as yet, you imbecile. General Relativity has not been proven wrong yet. Einstein's equations only describe a small part of how the multiverse works in this neck of the woods. It does not address the dimensional energy constants, as Einstein knew. He took it as far as he could. We build upon his work and find it to be accurate as far as it goes.

Someone is going to figure out what this neutrino result means and then we will add it to what we know. That's good science.
      Your god does not exist simply because a neutrino can travel 60 feet further than a regular EM wavicle. What a joke.

September 28, 2011 at 3:24 am |
    • TruthPrevails

"Mary Hillsbrough
      By all means, prove that your scientific theories are correct."

First of all, a theory is an idea that scientists use to build up their facts with....a theory is not proven until evidence is found to back it. You need to educate yourself on true definitions but since you seem to need some proof (not that you'll actually believe it b/c your buybull states otherwise and it is the only book you apparently are intelligent enough to read-only children and schizophrenics fall for fairy tale delusions).

okay let's start here:
      Evolution and The Age of The Earth:
      The basic timeline is a 4.5 billion year old Earth, with (very approximate) dates:

3.8 billion years of simple cells (prokaryotes),
      3 billion years of photosynthesis,
      2 billion years of complex cells (eukaryotes),
      1 billion years of multicellular life,
      600 million years of simple animals,
      570 million years of arthropods (ancestors of insects, arachnids and crustaceans),
      550 million years of complex animals,
      500 million years of fish and proto-amphibians,
      475 million years of land plants,
      400 million years of insects and seeds,
      360 million years of amphibians,
      300 million years of reptiles,
      200 million years of mammals,
      150 million years of birds,
      130 million years of flowers,
      65 million years since the non-avian dinosaurs died out,
      2.5 million years since the appearance of the genus Hom.o,
      200,000 years since humans started looking like they do today,
      25,000 years since Neanderthals died out.

These are facts that prove evolution is accurate...now if you're too blind to accept them, so be it but please keep your delusions to your home and out of the public.

September 28, 2011 at 5:25 am |
    • realist

In what legislation did you ever see that Health Care would be free ?
      Utimatle, it will cost several million people their lives.

September 28, 2011 at 10:32 am |
    • Biron

Those are facts? Buddy...even the secular science community admits that your list is speculative. Facts are based on observation. Evolution is a theory.

By the way, your list is wrong.....don't trust wikipedia.

September 28, 2011 at 1:33 pm |
  8. Janet Kingh

"Heath Care" supporter as a sign of the Anti-Christ.....what could be more contradictory? I guess Europe has hundreds of more eligible Anit-Christs already on the loose....and that for decades.....

September 27, 2011 at 7:03 pm |
  9. Newo

Apparently Colbert's "rally to keep fear alive" beat out Stewart's "rally to restore sanity."

September 27, 2011 at 6:55 pm |
  10. Mary Hillsbrough

As a Christian, I have to say this is a load of bollocks. It certainly is NOT this guy.

The AntiChrist would actually have some backbone.

September 27, 2011 at 6:39 pm |
    • Beth

An anti-christ would be a good thing, if he'd stand up to wingnuts such as Mary Hillsbrough.

September 27, 2011 at 7:24 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

Stand up and do what? Have you not heard of the rapture? I won't be around to suffer like all of these Atheists, Muslims and Catholics.

September 27, 2011 at 7:38 pm |
    • False Prophet Spotting Service

You aren't going to be raptured, Mary. Remember the part where Jesus said to those who prophesy in his name "I never knew you!" He'll be saying that to you on Judgment Day, Mary. Better get to the dentist and get your choppers in good working order. You'll be doing a lot of gnashing on Judgment Day!

September 27, 2011 at 7:43 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

Sure. I'll take the word of a CNN commenter on the absolution of my salvation. You aren't Jesus.

: )

But I'll pray for you, since you're obviously an Atheist.

September 27, 2011 at 7:47 pm |
    • False Prophet Spotting Service

Sizzle, sizzle, Mary! Sizzle, sizzle!

September 27, 2011 at 7:49 pm |

Yes you will.

September 27, 2011 at 8:07 pm |
    • red jack

2000 came and went, and you're still here. Sorry. Looks like you weren't among the chosen. You are, however, presenting a hilarious parody of Evangelical Christians. I've trolled these forums myself from time to time, but you are a cut above the rest. I am a little confused about your putting Muslims, Atheists, and Catholics together. Why is that? Catholics are a Christian sect. What about Jews? Don't be afraid of being called an Anti-Semite–you're already jumping into some pretty loaded bigotry charges with your anti-Catholic talk. Anti-Muslim and anti-Atheist rhetoric are both pretty popular on the Right, but if you're going to claim all Catholics are going to Hell, let it all hang out and put the Jews in that category too.

September 27, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

What does the year 2000 have to do with any of this? I never said anything about the year 2000. As for the Catholics, if you read your Bible, you'd know of them as lukewarm. Jesus will spit them out. They don't even follow the doctrine of the Word. Where does the Bible tell us to pray to Mary and the Saints? It does not. Yet these lukewarm pagans do so. They are worshiping false idols. The Word is not ritual. It is not sitting in a booth confessing one's sins to a man who more than likely pines blissfully and salivates over little boys. The only way is through Christ. That is why I lump Catholics in with the other trash heaps. You can laugh, poke fun or mock me all you'd like. But in the end, you will see the truth. Unfortunately, it will be too late.

September 27, 2011 at 8:45 pm |
    • red jack

Staying in character. I like that.
      You didn't answer my question about Jews. They rejected Jesus out right. Are they part of the "trash heap" too? You have to be consistent.
      I know you're running a weird conservative Christian game here, but for the sake of humoring this character, I'll bite on your apparent confusion over my cracks about the year 2000. The entire latter half of the twentieth century, the Second Coming of Christ happening in 2000 was all anyone would talk about, especially people who talk like the person you're pretending to be. They wouldn't shut up about it, so self-assured that Jesus was coming back in 2000. Then 2000 came and went and nothing interesting happened. I realize that most Christians are suffering from some pretty serious selective amnesia, but this is ridiculous.

September 27, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
    • KID

C'mon Mary...Don't act self righteous in the name of Jesus. He did not teach of belittlement. Your statements have no taste and are not a true representation of Jesus, and only seem to drive people away from the truth. If you know of the gospel "good news" then share it joyfully! God has got it handled, He doesn't need you casting people down. While I do agree some of the things you say, try an open hand over the fist next time..

September 27, 2011 at 9:10 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

Yes, the Jews too. You act as though there is some merit behind this question. All but the chosen will not enter the gates of Heaven. I also see you're still hung up on the year 2,000. This has no bearing on me. I never said anything about the year 2,000. Nor was I convinced of the second coming happening at that time. The Bible does not state he will return in the year 2,000. So, are you done being bent on that year? Or are you going to continue on like a broken record, even though I said before that I had not brought this up?

Continue to attack with no merit. It's working wonders. The Bible warned Christians of persecution. This is no surprise to me or any of us.

September 27, 2011 at 10:09 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

KID, as you can see from the rabid Atheists, there is NEVER an open hand from them. It is always a closed fist and spite toward the righteous. They expect us to lay down like dogs and take a whipping. Unfortunately for them, I'm not going to sit here and take their nonsense.

September 27, 2011 at 10:11 pm |
    • Bob Smith

KID, Jesus called all non-Jews "dogs."

If that isn't nastay, arrogant, racist, and contemptuous, then you don't read so good. Jesus was an idiot who thought epilepsy could only be cured by "much fasting and prayer." We can treat epilepsy now. Jesus didn't know how his world worked, and all his followers are imprinted with this ignorant outlook. He was no son of a god, but a mal-adjusted racist who had a messiah complex and shows nothing but psychosis in what he supposedly said.

September 28, 2011 at 3:30 am |
    • brin3m

wow, now the Catholics too?!
      when you become judge and jury?

September 28, 2011 at 8:43 am |
    • realist

Red Jack,
      I think Mary is waiting for Christ, not hitching a ride on a Flying Saucer.

September 28, 2011 at 10:36 am |
    • DianeD

Obama is NOT the Antichrist.....he's is one of the many false prophets that Christ spoke about! (Mary, I feel sorry for people who do not have any type of faith, let alone a Christian faith!)

September 28, 2011 at 11:45 am |
  11. Sloboat

This is what comes from not putting these religious nuts in straitjackets in the first place~!
    Next, I suppose they'll be ranting and slavering over some other thing like idiot dogs who eat their own puke.

September 27, 2011 at 6:37 pm |
  12. myweightinwords

The whole "end times" movement is a cyclical thing, we've just hit that part of the cycle again, where a whole lot of people are convinced this is it. But just like the hundreds of other times, it isn't.

There was a time when I was a HUGE believer in end times hoopla. Even so, I don't think Obama fits the criteria to biblicaly be the anti-christ.

September 27, 2011 at 6:31 pm |
    • Janet Kingh

agreed. I don't get it, why Obama is even being considered as a possible "Anti-Christ"...just doesn't fit the bill....polilitcal tatics, I assume.

September 27, 2011 at 7:35 pm |
  13. PraiseTheLard

One can only quote H. L. Mencken here:

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

September 27, 2011 at 6:09 pm |
    • Janet Kingh

😉

September 27, 2011 at 7:36 pm |
  14. Brother Maynard

OK ... couple things
    1) @JohnQuest – uh ... did you read the article ? "First of all, I agree Jesus Christ is the Lord," Obama said. "I believe in that."

2) The antichrist is said to bring PEACE to the middle east ... uh ... yea ... Not even close on that one
    3) The antichrist is said to portray himself as god ... uh .. that would be Sean Hannity that does that ... not Obama
    4) The anitchrist is said to conquer the world ... yet another trait Obama has not done

I think Obama just doesn't qualify for that job

September 27, 2011 at 5:51 pm |
    • Janet Kingh

Well put. Logical. Thanks.

September 27, 2011 at 7:41 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

Good points. He doesn't have it in him to conquer the federal budget, much less the world.

September 27, 2011 at 7:49 pm |
    • red jack

But he did have it in him to order a hit on Osama bin Laden, something our former Cowboy in Chief didn't.

September 27, 2011 at 9:01 pm |
    • Earl

Greetings from the Philippines!

Regarding the 'Antichrist' There were many historical figures who had been accused of being the Antichrist, such as Adolf Hitler, Napoleon, Saddam Hussein and in our present time-President Obama but there was no Biblical evidence that would prove who among them was the antichrist. Is the Antichrist the the man being prophesied in the book of Isaiah Chap.14:9 to 20?

September 27, 2011 at 9:53 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

And he was sitting comfortably in a room when the strike was carried out by real men. Gosh, how brave of him.

September 27, 2011 at 10:05 pm |
    • Time to lob the holy hand grenade

You know, I think the enti.ty that comes the closest, at the current moment, to meeting the criteria of the anti-christ as brother maynard outlines above is ... Facebook.

September 28, 2011 at 7:47 am |
    • mattski

Skip a bit, brother...

September 28, 2011 at 8:21 am |
    • Carmen

Yes Mary he was probably sitting in the same chair Bush was when he order shock and awe to begin. You do realize that the President, even though he is head of the military, doesn't actually go out and fight don't you? Or are you just stupid. I am thinking stupid.

September 28, 2011 at 9:02 am |
  15. Rhonda

The late 20th century seems to have spawned a sort of 'antichrist of the month' cult among many American Christian fundamentalists. More and more it has become a way of literally demonizing which ever political figure is perceived to be leading in the other camp. Cloaking this juvenial name calling in religious devotion serves only to give ammunition to the real enemy of God.

September 27, 2011 at 5:50 pm |
    • Janet Kingh

Thank you, Rhonda. Agreed.

September 27, 2011 at 7:40 pm |
  16. Rhonda

The late 20th century seems to have spawned a sort of 'antichrist of the month' cult among many American Christian fundamentalists. More and more it has become a way of literally demonizing which ever political figure is perceived to be leading in the other camp. Cloaking this juvenial name calling in religious devotion serves only to give ammunition to the real enemy God.

September 27, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
  17. underdog

I think it's a stupid question. The "end times" have been predicted as imminent since Biblical times. It is really tiresome to have this constantly being raised breathlessly as just around the corner. The year 1000 was the end times, then the year 2000 and now the year 2012 even though Mayans have absolutely nothing to do with Christianity. The bottom line is: P. T. Barnum was right. There's a sucker born every minute.

September 27, 2011 at 5:38 pm |
    • Brother Maynard

Yea ... Remember Harold Camping ? that 200 year old guy in Oakland, CA? "May 21 !! we will be raptured" ... nothing happened. Then like a week later " Oh ... I forgot to carry the 1 ... OCTOBER 21!!!! we will be raptured" Only got 3 weeks to be 'saved'

September 27, 2011 at 5:57 pm |
  18. JohnQuest

The AntiChrist has to be a believer, I don't think the President is a believer. No worries there.

September 27, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
    • Janet Kingh

looking at most policy, I don't see how any Republican could even call him/herself Christian....

September 27, 2011 at 7:48 pm |
    • Keith

a believer? I'm curious, what do base this on?

September 27, 2011 at 8:03 pm |
  19. Anon

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUVXEmJRGns&w=640&h=360]

September 27, 2011 at 5:03 pm |
    • realist

No the phycopaths are all those that do nothing but hate and scream and try to rationalize something they know little about

September 28, 2011 at 10:40 am |
  20. J.W

I think it is more likely that the antichrist is a republican

September 27, 2011 at 5:01 pm |
    • Dennis M

Since there is no such thing as an "antiChrist" demi-god, I don't think you need to worry.

But I agree that Retardicans have shown themselves to be pure evil time and time again.

September 27, 2011 at 6:34 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

You are both incorrect. You need to educate yourselves. We are in the end times. There are plenty of signs. Non-believers pass them off as coincidence. This guy isn't the AntiChrist. As I said above, the AntiChrist will have a backbone. This man is just a harmless puppet without a clue. It would be lovely if we had leadership that didn't back down on every issue like a frightened puppy. No wonder democrats love him so much. He's the epitome of what they all are. Cowards.

September 27, 2011 at 6:42 pm |
    • John Richardson

@Mary You are an embarrassment to your species.

September 27, 2011 at 6:58 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

It's better than being you, John.

September 27, 2011 at 7:37 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

I apologize John, should I have turned the other cheek so that you could insult me further? I trust you feel better about speaking to others so negatively. It pleasures you so, doesn't it. Be sure to keep a sock handy to clean up your mess when you're done. Pervert.

September 27, 2011 at 7:41 pm |
    • John Richardson

I didn't ask you to turn the other cheek, Mary. But if you insist: Only airheads believe these are the end times. Airheads have been believing it and getting it all wrong since the first century. But at least THOSE airheads didn't have 2000 years of failed end time declarations to learn from. You do. But you choose to dive into all the same old apocalyptic delusions. You are truly an embarrassment to the species, Mary.

September 27, 2011 at 7:54 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

Way to repeat the same dramatic yet deflated insult, John. Bring sunblock. You'll need it where you're going. You won't be missed.

September 27, 2011 at 8:13 pm |
    • red jack

I think it is more likely that the Bible is a collection of myths from an extinct culture that should be cherished as part of our cultural heritage but not blindly followed by a people capable of landing on the Moon. But that's just me.

September 27, 2011 at 9:04 pm |
    • Mary Hillsbrough

It is not blindly followed by all. Some of us read it.

September 27, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
    • Possessor of WAY more truth than you, ha ha ha

Mary, what exactly makes you think YOU are MORE correct than ALL the others who were wrong ? You think they were not just as CERTAIN as YOU ?

September 27, 2011 at 11:35 pm |
    • J.W

Mary maybe you should tell what the republicans have done lately that is so great. I would like to hear it.

September 28, 2011 at 10:21 am |
    • realist

Why does the antichrist have to be a politician or be afiliate with a political party ?

September 28, 2011 at 10:42 am |
    • J.W

I am not saying that it would necessarily realist. I am just saying it would be more likely republican that democrat lol

September 28, 2011 at 10:57 am |