home
RSS
October 18th, 2011

Opinion: Who does God want in the White House?

Editor's note: LZ Granderson, who writes a weekly column for CNN.com, was named Journalist of the Year by the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association and is a 2011 Online Journalism Award finalist for commentary.

By LZ Granderson, CNN Contributor

Grand Rapids, Michigan (CNN) - Vote for me or burn in hell.

I can't imagine someone running for office saying that.

And yet four candidates - Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Rick Perry and Rick Santorum - have said they had a sense that God was leading them to run. How far can we be from "vote for me or burn in hell" when it seems we're already comfortable with "vote for me, I've been called by God"?

Read LZ Granderson's commentary
- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Herman Cain • Michele Bachmann • Opinion • Politics • Rick Perry • Rick Santorum

1. md2205

First of all, G-d doesn't appear to us nowadays because we don't have the merit – we don't do what He wants and are too crude. There are seven basic laws that pertain to all mankind that we are supposed to obey and do: Believe in one G-d, not to blaspheme Him, not to murder, not to steal (and kidnap), not to do adultery, not to eat the limb of a living animal (animal cruelty) and to set up effective courts of justice that enforce these laws. We also have to stop being two-faced about the standards we hold Israel to and the standards we hold the rest of the world to. We have to add in goodness and kindness in our daily lives with other people, even family members. And we have to realize that G-d is there, giving us everything we have. We have to pray for what we want and watch as He leads us to it. And if we don't feel we have received from Him, we have to realize that although he always listens to our prayers, sometimes His answer to us is "no". He is the one who made us and He is the one who knows what is best for us. Not everything that can't be seen is not real.

October 19, 2011 at 1:54 am |
    • Colin

So, you really think a being powerful enough to create the Universe would be offended if you used its n_me?

October 19, 2011 at 1:19 pm |
    • ThinkForYourself

"First of all, G-d doesn't appear to us nowadays because we don't have the merit – we don't do what He wants and are too crude."

If we went back to owning slaves and stoning people do you think the conversation back up again so long as we start burning animals and stop wearing cotton blends?

October 19, 2011 at 1:23 pm |
  2. Mirosal

OK, I've had it, if this "god" wants into office, then put THAT name on the ballot, and we'll see who shows up to be sworn in. Your little book of fables and stories does NOT impress me. and the fact that you believe in talking snakes, boats full of animals, and gullible people who listened to auditory hallucinations just makes me sick. Not a single one of you has answered ONE simple question I have been asking for a few days now, and I want an answer. Is every word in that book true ... be careful, I said EVERY word, from Genesis to Revelation ... well, come on, reply .. a simple yes or no, that's ALL I'm asking.

October 18, 2011 at 11:22 pm |
    • kimsland

Yes all true religious christians follow the bible. Every single word.
      But before you say, what about stoning your abusive child to death (as per the bible) you need to understand that 'christians' interpret the bible how they see fit.

For this reason the bibles words are not meant to be literal (any longer) they need to be interpreted into todays society.
      So you see that the bible has no specific meaning at all, plus each word is NOT followed, and therefore the bible is useless unless you have some 20yr veteran trying to interpret it for you.

The bible should not be given to the ignorant. It is a twisted encrypted fairytale that needs to be kept away from children unless they need a laugh.
      Unicorns? The bible is truly madness.

October 18, 2011 at 11:33 pm |
    • Mirosal

I spent 15 years locked away and imprisoned within the confines of religious education. I know what that book says. I'm not going to nit-pick on the slavery and the beatings et. al. I just want to know why they believe a re-hashing of fables and stories that were told for thousands of years, stories any bible thumper will agree are myths, yet still follow those myths because they are in a new packaging?

October 18, 2011 at 11:56 pm |
    • Ted Frazier

I am a Christian and I am a bothered by how often other Christians claim God is telling them to do this or that. But having said that you must realize there is a huge difference between saying "God led me to run" and saying "God wants me to win"

October 19, 2011 at 12:01 am |
    • kimsland

I agree the original intention of a good moral book for children ie Though shalt not kill etc, probably did keep the youth in line.
      The problem is the kids grew up and nobody said, oh by the way that was just a fairytale book to help kids.
      Sadly they kept believing in it and eventually most of the intelligent adults died, leaving those good 'morals' as a reasonable practice.

If those do gooders back then could see what happened in the future (churches etc) they would have made a clause like after 16yo this book should not be followed. But sadly they didn't realize the consequences in full. Even I couldn't have seen that an adult would actually believe in this.

So now its up to people like you and me to tell the kids that its a fictional fairytale, and ideally when they grow up they'll let go of this nonsense.
      Fear of death is scary, but to say praise the lord or burn in hell is not living a good life.

October 19, 2011 at 12:03 am |
    • HeavenSent

Ted, you are an average American, and you are really stupid. There is no god. Get to work if you ever want to get out of the trailer park.

October 19, 2011 at 12:03 am |
    • Mirosal

Ted, would you follow Zeus, or Odin, or Ra? Or any of the other "gods" of yore? I'm sure you wouldn't, because you KNOW all those "beings" have never existed. So why do you still follow a "god" when you know that history itself has shown that they never were in the first place. Yesterday's religions are today's mythology, and come tomorrow, today will be yesterday. This "god" of yours will, in time, also pass.

October 19, 2011 at 12:15 am |
    • kimsland

Ted I don't know exactly what you mean by god led me or wants me to do anything?

god is NOT real and the only one who leads you is you, ever since you rolled over as a baby.

October 19, 2011 at 12:18 am |
  3. kimsland

Religious Ridiculous

October 18, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
  4. News Flash

The Pink Monkeys are so arrogant that they actually think the deity, who is busy keeping the hundreds of billions of galaxies going, and building new universes, actually cares about who they elect to lead them for an instant of their time. They have the quaintest culture and thoughts.

October 18, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  5. Chad

LZ: As you will at some point find out: God exists, and He does communicate with people.

October 18, 2011 at 10:22 pm |

@Chad
      How do you know this?

October 18, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
    • Chad

I asked

October 18, 2011 at 10:51 pm |

@Chad
      Cool! If I would have know it were that easy to understand the Cosmos I would have asked too....um.....who did you ask?

October 18, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
    • Chad

If you want to know if Buddha is real, ask him
      If you want to know if Amon-Ra is real, ask him
      If you want to know if those crystals are real, ask em
      If you want to know if the God of Abraham is real, ask Him

The one that responds is real. The ones that dont arent.

October 18, 2011 at 11:03 pm |
    • Central Scrutinizer

None of them respond. My dogs respond when I talk to them. So do other people. But none of these gods you're talking about respond. EVER.

October 18, 2011 at 11:06 pm |
    • Chad

Did you try?

October 18, 2011 at 11:07 pm |

Yeah. There's no god.

October 18, 2011 at 11:12 pm |
    • Chad

My question was, did you try?

October 18, 2011 at 11:12 pm |
    • Central Scrutinizer

Did you see the "yeah" part? Your question was already answered. If you are unable to see a simple word, how can you know the riverdancing sky queen is real and talking to you? You now see the flaw in your logic. I hope.

October 18, 2011 at 11:18 pm |
    • Chad

Have you ever actually, honestly, sincerely, asked God if He exists?

October 18, 2011 at 11:23 pm |
    • Know What

Chad,

Yes. I believed that I was communicating with it for years. I found out that I was just talking to myself.

October 18, 2011 at 11:23 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Chad is a stupid, dishonest twit. If there were a god, he could never be bothered talking to a twit as stupid and boring as Chad is.

October 18, 2011 at 11:56 pm |

@chad
      None of those replies were from me. That is my little stalker. He/She seems t worhip me. Have a nice evening.

October 19, 2011 at 1:17 am |
    • TruthPrevails

@Chad: Outside of christianity, in the real world, when people hear voices we call it schizophrenia...time to get help for your illness!

October 19, 2011 at 4:10 am |
    • chad

Folks, just ask!
      Honestly, sincerely, ask.

If you have been in a religion in the past and got disillusioned for some reason, I'll also add that it's very easy to get focused on the social aspects (and some Churches can make things worse by focusing on ritual) and drift away from a personal relationship.

Just ask!

October 19, 2011 at 8:05 am |
    • ThinkForYourself

chad,

most atheists were believers at one point. We were brought up with faith. I imagine that most of us asked very sincerely and honestly at several points in our lives. We heard crickets.

Lemme guess – you were raised Christian.

October 19, 2011 at 11:36 am |
    • chad

"Lemme guess – you were raised Christian."

My Mom is agnostic, Dad couldnt be bothered with any of it one way or the other.

Born again Christian at age 13(parents thought I was crazy), but it took 25 years more for me to finally reach out to my savior Jesus Christ!

October 19, 2011 at 1:15 pm |
    • Central Scrutinzer

It appears that my republican stalker is trying to derail my debate, once again.

October 20, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
  6. Bo

I do believe that God does call certain men to do a job, but when there are four people claiming the same thing. I pose the question: To whom was God was speaking? My Bible says: "You shall know them by their works." I don't know exactly how to say this, but for me, that kind'a pulls the rug from under the feet of them all.

October 18, 2011 at 9:45 pm |

God speaks?

October 18, 2011 at 10:19 pm |
    • News Flash

Of all the millions of ways to communicate, why would a deity chose the ONE form, that ONE of it's creatures communicates ? Hahahaha.

October 18, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
    • Speak 'n Spell

NewsFlash,

Yup. Everyone knows that this 8,000,000,000 IQ "God" spoke only ancient Hebrew... he did eventually learn a bit of Greek and Arabic, but he can't write in *any* of them.

October 18, 2011 at 10:53 pm |
  7. Dr.K.

We should be very afraid whenever a leader claims that it is not themselves but it is God who is telling them to lead us. Be very very afraid.

October 18, 2011 at 9:15 pm |
    • Central Scrutinizer

There see, you KNOW it is the real me cuz I ALWAYS post stuff in the wrong place. I need more skills. Are you gonna eat thost tots? I'm such an IDIOT!

October 18, 2011 at 9:44 pm |

@DrK
      We wouldn't have to be afraid if idiots wouldn't vote for idiots.

October 18, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
    • Central Scrutinizer

Idiots voted for obama. Look where that got us. He's a closet republican. He just committed more troops for conflict in Africa. He sent us into Libya. What next? Isn't that what republicans like? WAR? So stupid!

October 18, 2011 at 10:44 pm |

@stalker
      Again, why do you insult me using my own name. This is not logical.

October 18, 2011 at 10:48 pm |
    • Central Scrutinizer

Who are you and why are you assuming I'm insulting you using my name?

October 18, 2011 at 10:50 pm |

@stalker
      I am the Central Scrutinizer. I enforce all of the laws that haven't been passed yet. Who are you friend?

October 18, 2011 at 10:53 pm |

@stalker

I am Central Scrutinizer. I chose this name. Who are you really?

October 18, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
    • TruthPrevails

@Central and Fake Central: sounds like a bitter disagreement between teenage girls here. Real Central, please change your name and let us know...most of us enjoy hearing from you. Fake Central: grow up and get away from your Barbies.

October 19, 2011 at 4:14 am |
    • Central Scrutinzer

I agree. I should change my name so that I can continue insulting republican pigs in peace.

October 20, 2011 at 12:39 pm |
  8. G-D

I;ve been to the outskirts of the celestial cosmos and peering down I did see.
    I've seen into the very inside of things and just what could it be?
    Two places of sameness in the quantum of things.
    Two places so vastly apart but alikened it sings.
    One two three chasms that's all,
    G-D is the CREATOR and The CREATION of All.

October 18, 2011 at 7:34 pm |
    • Central Scrutinizer

Ahh, look Herbie is jealous! How cute!

October 18, 2011 at 9:31 pm |

October 18, 2011 at 9:34 pm |
  9. Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

DUMB.

October 18, 2011 at 7:06 pm |

What is dumb TT?

October 18, 2011 at 7:30 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Nothing, as far as I'm concerned. That's our little dweeb herbie again.

October 18, 2011 at 9:05 pm |
    • Central Scrutinizer

Ah, that would explain shy it made no sense.

October 18, 2011 at 9:09 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

It never does.

October 18, 2011 at 9:25 pm |

I want you so bad, LS.

October 18, 2011 at 9:30 pm |
    • Central Scrutinizer

Ahhh, Herbie is jealous! How cute is that?

October 18, 2011 at 9:32 pm |
    • Central Scrutinizer

Oh, and by the way, I KNOW you aren't herbie. Only a moron would think that, and that would be LS, or Lis, as I like to call her. She thinks she's getting stalked by herbie, but the truth is, she isn't. And that REALLY is the truth. She's so wrapped up in herself that she thinks she knows everything. But she still hasn't been able to figure out SIMPLE details. For example, the fact that she's never actually talked to the person she moronically refers to as "herbie" other than the feeble attempts to thwart it's postings as her. "That wasn't my post." Yeah, that'll clear things up, because people here really care what you post. lol No, really, they do.

It would appear that Sherlock and Watson have met a brick wall and they're never going to see what's behind it. Shame shame. Those princesses were never even close!

And for christ's sake. Does my sentence structure resemble "herbie's" in ANY way? I don't think the guy is even from this planet.

October 18, 2011 at 9:52 pm |

@stalker
      I hope you know I don't care who you are. And again, what is the logic behind using my own name to insult me? I STILL don't get it......the game is usually more fun if both players understand the principle behind it. Thanks Herb or HS or whomever you may be! God Bless and Amen and all that.

October 18, 2011 at 10:16 pm |
    • Central Scrutinizer

Both herb and HS believe in god. lol There is no god.

I am once again, WRONG. I am SO STUPID!!!!!

October 18, 2011 at 10:43 pm |

@stalker
      Again, where is the logic in insulting me using my own name.You are a bit odd. Entertaining, but odd.

October 18, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
    • Central Scrutinizer

I'm not insulting myself using my name. What in the blue hell are you on about?

October 18, 2011 at 10:59 pm |
  10. H.L. Prince

When are people in the white house going to listen? I have the problem solved ! to start Cut Jobs in the white house, then cut state jobs, as one state rep, someone to answer phones, that's it.
    Drop the retirement age to 55, not 75. I worked hard to retire and enjoy it, have the government pay for med. cost for people over 60.
    Dropping the retirement age would open up jobs, people over 50 have a hard time finding work.
    come on think about cutting jobs in the right places would help in all area's if the government would do it we don't need all of those people in the white house taking up space.
    problems can be solved if you try , remember you work for ME. so right now you have been given you notice, do something to help people not hurt them by raising taxes and the cost of things.

October 18, 2011 at 7:01 pm |
  11. Central Scrutinizer

Look at these choices for president folks:

Michele Bachmann: (The 10 Craziest Michele Bachmann Quotes: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-10-craziest-michele-bachmann-quotes) She is crazier the Palin and that is an impressive accomplishment! Christian Creep.

Herman Cain: In October 2011, Herman Cain described the Occupy Wall Street movement as "un-American". He further stated, "I don’t have facts to back this up, but I happen to believe that these demonstrations are planned and orchestrated to distract from the failed policies of the Obama administration. Yeah, why bother with facts.

Newt Gingrich: His own party has turned him into a political outcast.

Ron Paul: Ron Paul doesn’t know if he is Libertarian or a librarian, but at least he speaks his mind. Which is exactly why he is un-electable.

Rick Perry: Regards evolution as a theory. I could go on but nuff said. Please oh please now more Dubya’s!!

Mitt Romney: Cultist (they all are) but he lies about his faith. He once said, "Well, we’re going to have to hang the ‘Obama Misery Index’ around his neck." Nice.

The others will withdraw so I won't bother with them. The biggest problem is, they ALL just come off STUPID (because they are).

Sure Obama is learning on the job, but I believe he is the real deal If the republicans would stop blocking him at every turn and be part of the solution rather than the problem, This could be a very successful 2 term presidency. And he is presiding over one of the toughest eras in our country’s young history.

Additionally, no matter what happens in the elections. Unless you are rich and/or willing to be on the take AND Christian or pretending to be, you can't get anywhere in Washington. That is bad because it omits the huge surplus of knowledgeable, intelligent and morally sound people we have in our great country from wanting to run for office. That is why we have that mess if idiots running for president!!!!

October 18, 2011 at 6:52 pm |
  12. Anon

Christians are screwed up in the head.

October 18, 2011 at 6:35 pm |
    • David Johnson

Sam Harris is one of my heroes. Thanks for posting this!

Cheers!

October 18, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
    • John Richardson

Excellent!

October 18, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
    • HeavenSent

Sam Harris is god, if there is a god. He rocks my boat.

October 18, 2011 at 11:58 pm |
  13. Al

Who does the Tooth Fairy want in the White House? We may never know. The Tooth Fairy works in mysterious ways.

October 18, 2011 at 6:34 pm |
  14. Chuck

In Joshua Chapters 5 and 6 is the well-known story of the fall of Jericho. On the night before the battle, Joshua had troubles sleeping, so he went for a walk. As he walked, he was surprised by a fearsome-looking soldier with a drawn sword whom he did not recognize. This guy "had the drop" on Joshua. Joshua asked, "Are you with us or our enemies?"

The soldier answered, "Neither. I am the command of the Lord's army."

God does not take sides. He is a side to be taken.

October 18, 2011 at 6:12 pm |
    • Upchuck

God doesn't exist. He doesn't show up with armies – he bloody well should have during the Holocaust and a whole lot of other times, but he didn't. Why? He doesn't exist.

If old books make stories true, then there was a Beowulf and a Grendal. But they did not exist either.

October 18, 2011 at 6:28 pm |
    • David Johnson

Yes. If I was a Jew, I'd be pis_sed.

6 million of god's chosen people murdered.

Good post!

Cheers!

October 18, 2011 at 10:05 pm |
    • Central Scrutinizer

If I was one, I'd be milking it for every penny!

October 18, 2011 at 11:19 pm |
    • Mirosal

I'd like a little clarification, please. If this "god" of yours is supposed to be omnipotent, WHY does "it" need an army in the first place? Sounds like after 2400 years, Epicurus has been right all along.

October 19, 2011 at 12:29 am |
    • ThinkForYourself

God does not take sides?!?!? Are you serious? Have you actually read your book? God has a CHOSEN people. God chose – not the jews.

October 19, 2011 at 11:39 am |
  15. Reality

If you are a believer in "God", some rational conclusions by a top theologian:

As per the famous contemporary theologian, Father Edward Schillebeeckx, God is not omniscient. Please read, pause and contemplate the following:

from his book, Church: The Human Story of God,
    Crossroad, 1993, p.91 (softcover)

"Christians (et al) must give up a perverse, unhealthy and inhuman doctrine of predestination without in so doing making God the great scapegoat of history."

"Nothing is determined in advance: in nature there is chance and determinism; in the world of human activity there is possibility of free choices.

Therefore the historical future is not known even to God, otherwise we and our history would be merely a puppet show in which God holds the strings.

For God, too, history is an adventure, an open history for and of men and women."

If you are an agnostic like me or an atheist, the following prayer sums it up:

The Apostles' Creed 2011: (updated by yours truly based on the studies of NT historians and theologians of the past 200 years)

Should I believe in a god whose existence cannot be proven
    and said god if he/she/it exists resides in an unproven,
    human-created, spirit state of bliss called heaven?????

I believe there was a 1st century CE, Jewish, simple,
    preacher-man who was conceived by a Jewish carpenter
    named Joseph living in Nazareth and born of a young Jewish
    girl named Mary. (Some say he was a mamzer.)

Jesus was summarily crucified for being a temple rabble-rouser by
    the Roman troops in Jerusalem serving under Pontius Pilate,

He was buried in an unmarked grave and still lies
    a-mouldering in the ground somewhere outside of
    Jerusalem.

Said Jesus' story was embellished and "mythicized" by
    many semi-fiction writers. A bodily resurrection and
    ascension stories were promulgated to compete with the
    Caesar myths. Said stories were so popular that they
    grew into a religion known today as Catholicism/Christianity
    and featuring dark-age, daily wine to blood and bread to body rituals
    called the eucharistic sacrifice of the non-atoning Jesus.

Amen

October 18, 2011 at 5:56 pm |
  16. G-D

G-D does so delight in the wordplay of many humanisms' barbaristic euphemisms!

L0VE
    GOD

October 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm |
  17. Jenna

No such person as god. My dog wants me in the White House because I treat her well.

October 18, 2011 at 4:07 pm |
    • Sarah

Of course..no one ever said that God was human. But thanks for playing.

October 18, 2011 at 4:08 pm |
    • Sue

We were supposedly made in God's image and he certainly has displayed the full range of human emotions in the Bible. So, if he isn't human then he is the next best thing: A mythical creation given human qualities, like all the other gods.

October 18, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
    • David Johnson

@Sue

You are right about the Christian god showing all the human emotions. But, what is odd is that Christians say their god is perfect. A perfect being, by definition, does not feel lonely, or jealous, or mad, or sad. He is perfect, needing nothing to fulfill Him.

Sometimes, Christians forget the attributes they have given their god, when they tell their stories.

The Christian god is very unlikely to exist.

Cheers!

October 18, 2011 at 10:11 pm |
  18. Hey Stupid Humans! This Is God Speaking! You Will Vote As I Tell You NOW!

Joe Pesci. He will beat the crap out of anyone who disrespects him, just like I did in the Old Testament. I identify with him.

That's your vote. I am God, so obey.

October 18, 2011 at 3:55 pm |
    • Zeus here. Don't listen to that idiot god from the middle east. Vote as I tell you.

You will vote for Charlie Sheen. He is undoubtedly the most entertaining public speaker out there. And he needs a job. A work job, not the other kind,

October 18, 2011 at 4:01 pm |
    • Derek Dominoes

Everyone knows that Clapton is God

October 18, 2011 at 6:30 pm |

Clapton doesn't exist.

October 18, 2011 at 11:20 pm |
  19. Central Scrutinizer

There is nothing that says the rules of physics have to be the way they are. They just are.

Just as the religious believe that God “just is” and take it on faith.

God is Science. Science is God.

Those who pursue the truth through science work much harder to get closer to the true nature of God than those who rely only on ancient texts written to manipulate an ignorant population. Texts that can no longer be trusted anyway since they have been written and re-written so many times in so many languages for so many reasons.

While I don’t believe personally that God is a “being” that is personally involved in our lives, my intuition tells me something can’t come from nothing.

Don’t be frightened, join the hunt! We will all be gone soon anyway and no one ever said you have to give up your faith.

But understand this, the Universe is a mystery. That mystery extends to your belief in God, multiple dimensions, string theory, black holes multiple, perhaps infinite universes and many other exotic facts and theories. These are all very possible within the confines of the very science GOD created. If you are not interested in THAT, you are not very interested in God in my opinion.

(The use of the word God here is for convenience sake only. I don’t believe you can attach a name on that which cannot be known. Additionally if there is a God, I read recently that She resigned. And she took her stapler with her.)

NOW LOOK AT THE FOOLISH CANDIDATES RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT AND DESPAIR!

October 18, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
    • G-D

Central Scrutinizer wrote,, "I think if there were a God in the traditional sense of the word, he would be proud of those of us who are actually looking for him and not hiding behind ancient books and “praying” which is just creepy."

The Gospel does not tell us to 'seek' HIM, but rather demands that we 'first seek the Kingdom of God'. G-D and Gods and gods are three very distinct and different plains of cosmic relativities. G-D is the culmination of the Grand Cosmos and no beings are greater in size than G-D nor will there ever be! The Gods and Goddesses dwell upon the inwardly plains of Sub-Cosmic Relativities and they rule over the gods and goddesses that make up and are the elements.

L0ve
      GOD

October 18, 2011 at 4:03 pm |

@G-D
      Thanks for clearing that up. This will save me a lot of time.

October 18, 2011 at 4:09 pm |

@G-D

October 18, 2011 at 4:10 pm |
    • G-D

Central Scrutinizer wrote @G-D, "Oh Big G, sorry one more thing. May I still despair over the presidential candidates?"

G-D has no Will on whether who is or who isn't nor does G-D truly care. HE just wants to eat HIS fair share of celestialized particulants as HE gropes about feeling here and finding there HIS Foodstuff,,, 🙂

Soon though HE will eat of our 'Planetoidal' solarized system. Maybe in about 10 or so billion years. We have time then to get away from HIS eating scourge.

L0VE
      GOD

October 18, 2011 at 4:23 pm |

@G-D

October 18, 2011 at 4:32 pm |
    • G-D

Central Scrutinizer wrote on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 4:32 pm, @G-D, stating, Ok, cool. Hey are you the one who keeps sending those 60 billion neutrinos through my body every friggin' second? What is the deal with that?"

'Neutrinos', the stuff dreams are made of! I am waiting for man's sciences to make headway regarding 'Dark' matter and energy before science will be able to see 'Neutrinos' as being the elemental gods and goddesses run-of-the-mill transportation system(s),,,, 🙂 Celestial based Beings are such 'dunces' when it comes to 'particle physics'! 🙁

October 18, 2011 at 4:46 pm |

G-D

October 18, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
    • G-D

Central Scrutinizer wrote on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 5:12 pm, stating, "G-D. If I am not born yet. Is there a universe? Follow up question: If a tree falls in the woods and nobody and no thing is there to hear it, does it make a sound? Finally, If I can't see it, is it there and if I do see it, did I just change it?"

Birth is the ever-more and always-was and death is always the ends to a new birth, thus the cycle of Life in abundant measures remains complete.

As to your follow-up question, When a tree falls, does not the other trees know of its' falling? Does not the ground know? Do not any animal nearby also know? The sounds of a tree falling is heard amid the depths of all Life surrounding its' falling.

L0VE
      GOD

October 18, 2011 at 5:42 pm |

G-D
      Can I be here, but also be there?

October 18, 2011 at 6:00 pm |
    • G-D

Central Scrutinizer wrote on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 5:12 pm, to G-D, stating, "If I am not born yet. Is there a universe? Follow up question: If a tree falls in the woods and nobody and no thing is there to hear it, does it make a sound? Finally, If I can't see it, is it there and if I do see it, did I just change it?"

I in the pryor post forgot to answer the 3rd question.

Out of sight yet always on one's mind is how I see. And you? Or anyone? Change requires little measures for as an atom gains it does always lose that which was gained, thus the never ending will be as we always see,,,,, 🙁

October 18, 2011 at 6:17 pm |
    • G-D

Central Scrutinizer wrote on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 6:00 pm, stating, "G-D, Can I be here, but also be there?"

Two immutable facts,,,

One. Time is unchanging and only a unit by which one measures things.

Two. The curvature of Space in Time allows for matter to only be as a manifestation of sedentary peripheries and never occupying two or more places at once.

L0VE 🙂
      GOD by god

October 18, 2011 at 6:26 pm |
    • Central Scrutinizer

Thanks God, your the best.

October 18, 2011 at 6:51 pm |

YOU'RE

October 18, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
  20. G-D

Chuckles wrote on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 3:21 pm, to Richard, stating, "isn't is sacrilege to impersonate god? Especially as terribly written as that POS you call a post. In any case it doesn't matter because "god" you're all talk, the greek/roman gods put up and actually did what they said they could do, all you've done is proven to have some good sound effects and some rebellious angels, I think I'll side with the greeks on this one."

Is it not 'Chuckles' sacrilegious to use vanity names such a 'Chuckles'? G-D cares more about HIS NAME being used in righteousness sakes and in so doing: Acts of Righteousness in the Name of G-D is not vain nor of vanity's perilous ambitiousness. I write for G-D and in so writing I do commit my words to HIM and HIS wantings! HE will not be denied anymore regarding the celestial places of HIS shorelines' Antipathies of based revelries that curtail the soundness of reason and justice for all things of Life here, there or anywhere such celestial beings of Life are propagating their essences onto. I, a lowly god built by the Gods knows well the GOD who is and was will forever be throughout all eternities lines of separations.

LoVe
    GOD

October 18, 2011 at 3:42 pm |
    • Chuckles

Ok first and foremost, if you can explain to me (in english) how using a moniker like chuckles is sacrilege in anyway, I'll take you seriously, if not then I think the POS you wrote here and on the other page makes little to no sense like most of your other posts. Its sad that you think you're writing is actually aceceptable in anyway, please ask a 10 year old to help you out, I think you would get a lot of value from it.

October 18, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
    • G-D

Chuckles, I wrote, "Is it not 'Chuckles' sacrilegious to use vanity names such a 'Chuckles'?"

Why do you use such a name as 'Chuckles'? Is it not of your vanity that you use such a name? Your bashing my thoughts via the use of a ten year old is only showing me your vainness or maybe lack thereof. I L0ve G-D and use HIS name in the valore template.

L0VE
      GOD

October 18, 2011 at 4:09 pm |
    • Chuckles

@Richard

Uh..... how am I vain when I use a name like chuckles? I think all that it implies is that I laugh..... You're the one calling yourself god, so who would you consider more vain? Please, tell me how your line of reasoning makes any sense. Also this paragraph was so good until you reached "valore template" then you veered off into nonesense territory, so if you want to know why I "bash your thoughts" it's because you write as if a 10 year old got a hold of a thesarus and replaces every word of a poorly put together paragraph with jargon. I think you also don't understand what the word "vain" means.

October 18, 2011 at 4:14 pm |
    • G-D

@ 'Chuckles', The term 'valore template' seems to have loosened a 'lugnut'. Ya better check out the encyclopdia brittanica for its' meaning(s). (I seem to have mispelled 'valor', Sorry for my typo Chuckles.)

May G-D who encapsulates the Allness of Everything find HIS needed pharmacological supplements before belching,,, 🙂

L0VE
      GOD

October 18, 2011 at 4:37 pm |
    • Chuckles

Seriously, are you 10? 12?

October 18, 2011 at 4:40 pm |
    • G-D

Chuckles wrote on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 4:40 pm, "I do see that in this little exchange you have ignored a) why your god can't show himself even a little bit whereas apparently the greek gods were all over the place all the time and b) that you know what the word vain means and how it applies to me using the name chuckles. Seriously, are you 10? 12?"

How can G-D who is the culmination of this Celestial Cosmos show HIMSELF as a completeness when all we have are but teency weency telescopes? As for G-D's Sons and Daughters go, science needs to come up with better 'super' microscopes that can peer onto the shores of sub-microscopic plains of atomic relativities.

L0VE
      GOD

October 18, 2011 at 4:52 pm |
    • Chuckles

Well apparently god could fit himself into a bush, why not do that again?

October 18, 2011 at 4:54 pm |
    • G-D

Do not tempt the LORD and G-D with such matters of trivialities that were but of the Sons of G-D's doing and not of G-D, the CREATOR and the CREATION that in Time, will make manifest a NEW EARTH amidst a NEW HEAVEN from the Celestial Universes. The babbling of human discourse is filled with nuances of this and that yet many will never fully know G-D, and God and god 'particulars'. We are too dense in the head to figure out the simplicities of matter and matters that fly thru one's brainyards of discontentments and discouraging conflagrations. Still, G-D is ever aware and always contrite in HIS Ways.

October 18, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
    • HotAirAce

Re: sacrilegious acts, only those that are members of a cult need to worry about following a cult's rules. Everyone else need only worry about following the law, and freedom of expression says we can call your imaginary friend anything we like.

October 18, 2011 at 5:58 pm |
    • -

GhyphenD, why don't you spell it L-RD too?... and J-S-S?... and -LL-H? Do you think the saying is, the "vowels" of Hell?

October 19, 2011 at 2:08 am |